PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Everyone chill the fuck out.

Mr_Tomahawk
10-04-2015, 09:46 PM
We got this.

Slow start, but we will end up 9-7 along with the Chargers but will get the final WC spot over them with tiebreakers (Yay!)

And in typical Chiefs fashion, we will lose @Pittsburgh in the first week. (Poopy!)

Again chill my peeps and feel free to bookmark this thread for a future repjob.

XOXO

PS. XxOXoooo

Quesadilla Joe
10-04-2015, 10:00 PM
The two Wild Card spots are there for the taking. I can definitely see the Chiefs getting a Wild Card spot if they at least split with SD and take care of business against Buffalo, Pitt, and Baltimore.

Psyko Tek
10-04-2015, 10:00 PM
optimist

TribalElder
10-04-2015, 10:03 PM
Drugs are bad ummkay

jspchief
10-04-2015, 10:06 PM
Good. Defaulting into a wildcard exit is what every fan dreams of.

Hammock Parties
10-04-2015, 10:09 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-GjVVgMAjmrM/VOBrej8OK-I/AAAAAAABEvM/IgJh1RfbXy0/s640/tumblr_mit3lq6UC31rxam8fo1_500.gif

teedubya
10-04-2015, 10:11 PM
http://www.jamestownsoftball.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/mora.jpg

New World Order
10-04-2015, 10:13 PM
I just hope we can win a game.

Simply Red
10-04-2015, 10:19 PM
I just hope we can win a game.

http://i.imgur.com/eS7WtAM.jpg

|Zach|
10-04-2015, 10:41 PM
Teams that have won a playoff game since the early 90s against a team that exists in a stadium that still exists have the luxury of chilling.

I suppose we are chill in a way...there is more apathy than anger.

Bowser
10-04-2015, 10:47 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LGZCKlonx78" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

JCharles1981
10-04-2015, 11:07 PM
We got this.

Slow start, but we will end up 9-7 along with the Chargers but will get the final WC spot over them with tiebreakers (Yay!)

And in typical Chiefs fashion, we will lose @Pittsburgh in the first week. (Poopy!)

XOXO

PS. XxOXoooo

Don't get too excited. The Chiefs ended their final season with Dick Vermeil as their Head Coach at 10-6, and failed to secure a Wildcard spot. They finished at 9-7 last season, and failed to get a Wildcard spot. The only reason they got into the playoffs during their first year with Herm Edwards as the HC is because they had to not only win their final regular season game, but three other teams had to lose their final games as well. Remember the 2013-2014 season when the Chargers got a last minute playoff birth despite finishing 9-7? Had the Chiefs won their final season game against them, then the Steelers, who finished 10-6 that year, would have got in, not San Diego. The only teams guaranteed playoff births are those that head into the final game of the season with at least 11 wins, or if the top two teams in a "losing division" have the same 7-9 or 8-8 record, and the one that goes has more division wins.

BigRedChief
10-04-2015, 11:19 PM
http://www.forumspile.com/Die-ElmoSuicide.jpg

Pasta Little Brioni
10-05-2015, 12:20 AM
They will go 10-6

Hammock Parties
10-05-2015, 12:28 AM
They will go 10-6

http://i.imgur.com/zhlECCu.jpg

Pasta Little Brioni
10-05-2015, 12:33 AM
Thy shit sandwich is a coming!

Hammock Parties
10-05-2015, 12:35 AM
Thy shit sandwich is a coming!

How does it taste? All you've been doing is eating shit for three weeks.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-05-2015, 12:38 AM
Not at all. I.had them at 1-3 in my preseason projections. Picked Cincy this week for some coin. Picked Denver and Green Bay as well.

Hammock Parties
10-05-2015, 12:43 AM
Not at all. I.had them at 1-3 in my preseason projections. Picked Cincy this week for some coin. Picked Denver and Green Bay as well.

So you've been full of shit this whole time.

Nice to know.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-05-2015, 12:45 AM
They will rebound though. Yes that is true. The worm turns quick in this league.

New World Order
10-05-2015, 12:47 AM

What is your record for them this year?

Pasta Little Brioni
10-05-2015, 12:53 AM
What is your record for them this year?

Thought 10-6, but the defense is surprisingly a shit sandwich right now.

TEX
10-05-2015, 04:46 AM

Really? I think your full of it because in other threads you have a different take. :shrug:

ChiTown
10-05-2015, 05:50 AM
7-9

donkhater
10-05-2015, 06:23 AM
It's easy to get down on this team and they certainly deserve the criticism they've received, but..

They've likely just played their three hardest games of the year and the turnover bug prevented them from winning one and staying in another. Yes, they have to get better. Offensively, we've been focusing on Smith and the O-line, but they've shown some life recently (at least between the 20's). That defense is a huge disappointment, though. Tighten up some loose ends and create some turnovers of our own and the season can get turned around.

Again, likely the 3 toughest games all year. yes it would be nice to see them competitive, but teams can grow through the season.

ptlyon
10-05-2015, 06:24 AM
7-9

This

rabblerouser
10-05-2015, 06:55 AM
Remember the 2013-2014 season when the Chargers got a last minute playoff birth despite finishing 9-7?

I remember kicking SD's ass up and down the field with our backups and the refs handing them the game at the end...

TEX
10-05-2015, 07:16 AM
I remember kicking SD's ass up and down the field with our backups and the refs handing them the game at the end...

Yep. Had to get Phillip Rivers "IN" because of the season he was having. Made for great TV. KC was already in and seeded regardless of the outcome so it went down at the end as it did.

Mr. Laz
10-05-2015, 07:21 AM
We got this.

XOXO

PS. XxOXoooo

You act like 9-7 is a good thing.

That record just means you're not good enough to win anything important but you're screwed out of a high draft pick to help you improve quickly.

BigMeatballDave
10-05-2015, 07:58 AM
I said they'd win 10 or 11. Oops.

They'll have to go 9-3 the rest of the way. :LOL:

BigMeatballDave
10-05-2015, 08:10 AM
They'll have to go 7-5 just to get to 8-8. Yay.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-05-2015, 08:12 AM
I said they'd win 10 or 11. Oops.

They'll have to go 9-3 the rest of the way. :LOL:

Stay strong my friend. It's happening!

Dunerdr
10-05-2015, 08:14 AM
I read on Facebook that andys the problem he doesn't call any short routes for smith to throw too under pressure. NO SHORT ROUTES have been called.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-05-2015, 08:14 AM
Really? I think your full of it because in other threads you haive a different take. :shrug:

I absolutely picked the Bengals. Wss just saying they are very inconsistent and that the Chiefs could hang with them. 500 yards of offense and it took a blown call on Kelce to put them away.

Fish
10-05-2015, 08:22 AM
Fuck this....

http://i62.tinypic.com/24yti85.gif

Three7s
10-05-2015, 08:33 AM
I read on Facebook that andys the problem he doesn't call any short routes for smith to throw too under pressure. NO SHORT ROUTES have been called.
Whoever said that has no football knowledge at all.

pugsnotdrugs19
10-05-2015, 09:44 AM
If this team wants to even sniff the playoffs they probably need to win the next four. Hard to see that when our coaching is complete ass right now.

ChiefsBud
10-05-2015, 09:55 AM
Boys, we will WIN and WIN BIG against the Bears this week. I live in Chicago and watch all there games and they are terrible. Barely beat the Raiders. Cutler will get KILT this week after throwing a pick six putting us on top. Book it!

King_Chief_Fan
10-05-2015, 10:04 AM
Boys, we will WIN and WIN BIG against the Bears this week. I live in Chicago and watch all there games and they are terrible. Barely beat the Raiders. Cutler will get KILT this week after throwing a pick six putting us on top. Book it!

I hope u are right....i am going to the game

King_Chief_Fan
10-05-2015, 10:07 AM

Facebook? Lol
I read stupid crap from people on CP!!

Bowser
10-05-2015, 10:12 AM
What was that stat they threw at us during the game, something like after their 9-0 run to start the 2013 season the Chiefs are now 12-17 since? Yeah.

Discuss Thrower
10-05-2015, 10:15 AM
What was that stat they threw at us during the game, something like after their 9-0 run to start the 2013 season the Chiefs are now 12-17 since? Yeah.

12-15. Not including the playoff game.

I pointed that out last week and was told that's just cherry picking or whatever.

Pretty obvious it's indicative of a mediocre team.

Mr. Laz
10-05-2015, 10:22 AM

Winning against bad teams doesn't matter if we can't beat the good ones.

If we can't beat playoff teams then we might as well not win any.

ChiefsBud
10-05-2015, 10:59 AM
Winning against bad teams doesn't matter if we can't beat the good ones.

If we can't beat playoff teams then we might as well not win any.
:deevee:
never understood this loser talk. you play to win the game!

Discuss Thrower
10-05-2015, 11:02 AM
This is 2004 and 2011 all over again.

Trivers
10-05-2015, 11:15 AM

Welcome to CP.

They are not losers even though they talk as losers. They mean well.

Remember there are a lot of people on here who have never played serious sports..but they are experts on how to general manage and coach a professional football team. Or that we should tank games and seasons just for the magical 1st round automatic franchise savior QB.

If you just sit back and enjoy the comedy show, most of the time its fun. (But sometimes I forget its just a football forum, and jump in to my chargin later.)

Welcome and enjoy the show.

Mr. Laz
10-05-2015, 11:20 AM

I never said the team shouldn't try to win.

But reality is what it is ... 7-9 to 9-7 is a meaningless death record. No important wins and mediocre draft pick to boot.

ChiefsBud
10-05-2015, 11:24 AM
I hope u are right....i am going to the game

Wish the game was at soldier because my grandkids would give me their tickets. They have had enough of da bears this year and it's only 4 games in!

Chiefnj2
10-05-2015, 11:26 AM
Consistent 7-8 win seasons puts you in QB purgatory.

ChiefsBud

But reality is what it is ... 7-9 to 9-7 is a meaningless death record. No important wins and mediocre draft pick to boot.

Have some faith kiddo, they are going to give the bears their 4th loss. They are who we thought they were!

tecumseh
I could see the Chiefs finishing 9-7 at best. Reid and Sutton have lost me, though. They could coach the team for ten years and all they would get is an 8-8 per season avg. No faith that they could win any playoff games.

Sandy Vagina
10-05-2015, 11:28 AM

If a fan's only goal is to win it all every year, then sure, you are going to be disappointed nearly all of the time. Of course fans want to win every year... but really.. it comes down to more of a week to week, did my team make me smile over a win thing. The season is long, and a win.. when they happen.. typically make fans feel good for a week.

... but if you are one of those all-or-nothing fans.. yes.. expect to be miserable, and expect to consider it all pointless.

Mr. Laz
10-05-2015, 11:30 AM
Have some faith kiddo, they are going to give the bears their 4th loss. They are who we thought they were!

Beating the bears by 100 points is still meaningless if we can't beat teams like Green Bay and Cincy.

lose to good teams
win against bad teams

mediocre 8-8 forever-land

Mr. Laz
10-05-2015, 11:33 AM
If a fan's only goal is to win it all every year, then sure, you are going to be disappointed nearly all of the time. Of course fans want to win every year... but really.. it comes down to more of a week to week, did my team make me smile over a win thing. The season is long, and a win.. when they happen.. typically make fans feel good for a week.

... but if you are one of those all-or-nothing fans.. yes.. expect to be miserable, and expect to consider it all pointless.

make the playoffs with a team can is capable of winning game is not the same as all or nothing. Knowing that wins against crap teams don't mean much without the wins against good ones is not all-or-nothing.

ThaVirus
10-05-2015, 11:34 AM
I absolutely picked the Bengals. Wss just saying they are very inconsistent and that the Chiefs could hang with them. 500 yards of offense and it took a blown call on Kelce to put them away.

I know you're a true homer, but at some point I think it's time to stop blaming the refs, the league, bad luck, the universe, etc. and just recognize that good teams get it done.

At the end of the day, good teams win football games. Bad teams point to "fluke" turnovers and blown calls.

If we were any kind of decent, we'd be 2-2 right now and potentially 3-1 (if we could have punched the ball into the end zone as well as we were moving it between the 20s, we'd have had a shot in Cinci). Instead, we're sitting at 1-3 with a sloppy divisional loss in a home opener and two blowout losses in which we didn't look like we even belonged on the same field. Now we're going into a game against, presumably, the worst team in the league and wondering if we'll be able to leave with a W.

We suck.

HC_Chief
10-05-2015, 11:46 AM
Isn't it funny how these "everyone chill, we've got this!" threads continuously pop up on CP? I've been a member since 2000 (mass KCStar migration)...seen hundreds of variations on this topic.

Bottom line, the Chiefs are a shit franchise. The constant: the Hunt family. GMs, HCs, QBs, they all come & go, but the song remains the same.

TEX
10-05-2015, 11:55 AM

Oh, I thought you had the Chiefs winning - Sorry, my mistake then...Anyway, the Kelce fumble was a bad call but here's the deal; The bad teams find ways to lose. The Chiefs did. Now that the Chiefs have established an identity, watch how many "things" go wrong in games they "should" win (like the Bears), the kind of things that only happen to losing teams. 1-3 turns into 1-5 VERY QUICKLY. This season would be totally different IF they had beaten Denver. They literally gave that one away and they're not going to recover.

Predarat
10-05-2015, 12:07 PM
https://31.media.tumblr.com/eeff8ec466cddd4c3caee9515acd6e21/tumblr_inline_nrxiiz6UAi1s19w8p_500.gif

Hammock Parties
10-05-2015, 12:32 PM

12-16

11-15 with Alice at QB.

Wildcat2005
10-05-2015, 01:00 PM
Oh, I thought you had the Chiefs winning - Sorry, my mistake then...Anyway, the Kelce fumble was a bad call but here's the deal; The bad teams find ways to lose. The Chiefs did. Now that the Chiefs have established an identity, watch how many "things" go wrong in games they "should" win (like the Bears), the kind of things that only happen to losing teams. 1-3 turns into 1-5 VERY QUICKLY. This season would be totally different IF they had beaten Denver. They literally gave that one away and they're not going to recover.

I think he was the one that kept saying the Bengals were frauds and Andy Dalton was bad

TEX
10-05-2015, 01:16 PM
I think he was the one that kept saying the Bengals were frauds and Andy Dalton was bad

I thought so too. I guess he didn't actually come right out and predict the Chiefs would beat the Bengals, but everything he was saying could easily lead one to believe that he was picking them to do so. I'm pretty sure that had they done so, he would have been playing the, "I told you so card."

SeeingRed
10-05-2015, 01:24 PM
So do you think this means the Chiefs won't reach 11 wins now?

Chiefnj2
10-05-2015, 01:26 PM
So do you think this means the Chiefs won't reach 11 wins now?

Even worse - KC may fall out of the top 15 in power rankings.

ptlyon
10-05-2015, 01:27 PM
Even worse - KC may fall out of the top 15 in power rankings.

ROFL

Mr_Tomahawk
11-05-2015, 11:50 AM
I see you

rabblerouser
11-05-2015, 11:52 AM
Same as it ever was...

The Franchise
11-05-2015, 01:43 PM

ROFL

Bearcat
11-05-2015, 02:03 PM
Same as it ever was...

It's like an experiment by the NFL to see how fans react to the same shit in different sequences.

What if we put all the shitty teams at the beginning of the schedule so they win 9 straight and then steamrolled in the last several weeks? What if we schedule a couple good teams at the beginning and end with a bunch of winnable shit in the beginning? What if they get their shit pushed in by playoff teams early and then give them a bunch of winnable shit?

Rausch
11-05-2015, 02:17 PM

Dorsey/Reid gay-ron-teed through 2017!

Get tickets now!

jallmon
11-05-2015, 02:33 PM
Don't get too excited. The Chiefs ended their final season with Dick Vermeil as their Head Coach at 10-6, and failed to secure a Wildcard spot. They finished at 9-7 last season, and failed to get a Wildcard spot. The only reason they got into the playoffs during their first year with Herm Edwards as the HC is because they had to not only win their final regular season game, but three other teams had to lose their final games as well. Remember the 2013-2014 season when the Chargers got a last minute playoff birth despite finishing 9-7? Had the Chiefs won their final season game against them, then the Steelers, who finished 10-6 that year, would have got in, not San Diego. The only teams guaranteed playoff births are those that head into the final game of the season with at least 11 wins, or if the top two teams in a "losing division" have the same 7-9 or 8-8 record, and the one that goes has more division wins.

The Pats were 11-5 with Matt Cassel, and didn't get in the playoffs.

My concern is we get into that 9-7 area where we aren't good enough to get into the playoffs, but not bad enough to get a draft slot where we can do anything about it. That causes a mediocracy to form that makes for very long seasons.

Rausch
11-05-2015, 02:35 PM
We got this.

Slow start, but we will end up 9-7...

I feel soooOOOOOOOOOOO much better now...

OctoberFart
11-05-2015, 05:04 PM
Sorry Oakland is in this year. We are about to dominate the division for years. Manning will be gone, Rivers will drop off and KC, well they will be what they always are, KC.

Rausch
11-05-2015, 05:05 PM
Sorry Oakland is in this year. We are about to dominate the division for years. Manning will be gone, Rivers will drop off and KC, well they will be what they always are, KC.

Want to argue - can't...

Quesadilla Joe
11-05-2015, 06:38 PM

I was pretty confident that Del Rio would turn that culture around in Oakland. Denver has Osweiller though so the division will still go through Denver for the next decade.

vailpass
11-05-2015, 07:20 PM
Want to argue - can't...

That's the hell of it. They've built a nice young core of skill players and look to have found the right coach. They'll be competing for the division soon.

Potato
11-05-2015, 07:31 PM
I was pretty confident that Del Rio would turn that culture around in Oakland. Denver has Osweiller though so the division will still go through Denver for the next decade.

ROFL

I think denver will continue to own the division but osweiler is dogshit and will probably be off the team before peyton.

RunKC
11-05-2015, 07:33 PM

Osweiller has proven nothing.

Quesadilla Joe
11-05-2015, 07:41 PM
Osweiller has proven nothing.

Elway and Kubiak have though. Osweiller will thrive in this offense.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-05-2015, 07:42 PM

Want to argue - can't...

Don't let the pussy stacked in the middle of this shit sandwich convince you two pillowbitergots that you're right. Or go right ahead and do it, I don't give a shit. Your tears are going to be delicious for years to come.

Quesadilla Joe
11-05-2015, 07:50 PM
Don't let the pussy stacked in the middle of this shit sandwich convince you two pillowbitergots that you're right. Or go right ahead and do it, I don't give a shit. Your tears are going to be delicious for years to come.

The Chiefs are a couple really good drafts, plus a QB away from being a factor in the division. Elway's 2011 and 2012 drafts enabled Denver to be where they are now.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-15-2015, 07:14 PM
Here we go...

Rausch
11-15-2015, 07:17 PM

I'm the pussy for pointing out exactly what you do under your handle...

Mr_Tomahawk
11-22-2015, 07:09 PM
Bump.

MotherfuckerJones
11-22-2015, 07:10 PM
Knomo typical homer bullshit. Set for the next decade? Lol your oline is awful. Big money FAs coming up. You've been good because of Manning. Welcome back to mediocrity

mnchiefsguy
11-22-2015, 07:16 PM
The Chiefs are a couple really good drafts, plus a QB away from being a factor in the division. Elway's 2011 and 2012 drafts enabled Denver to be where they are now.

Isn't this dumbass donkey cocksucking motherfucker supposed to be banned?

Fucking donkey welcher.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-29-2015, 07:02 PM
Bump

Rausch
11-29-2015, 07:03 PM

The Chiefs have never lost @ Pitt in the playoffs.

Ever...

MotherfuckerJones
11-29-2015, 07:03 PM
Tomahawk with the Rodgers relax thread

Quesadilla Joe
11-29-2015, 07:04 PM
The two Wild Card spots are there for the taking. I can definitely see the Chiefs getting a Wild Card spot if they at least split with SD and take care of business against Buffalo, Pitt, and Baltimore.

I was the only one who had faith in you :(

Mr_Tomahawk
11-29-2015, 07:06 PM
The Chiefs have never lost @ Pitt in the playoffs.

Ever...

First round exit. n00b.

And that was predicted weeks ago whenever everyone was shitting themselves.

Chill the fuck out.

We got this.

Rausch
11-29-2015, 07:08 PM
First round exit. n00b.

Do what?

And that was predicted weeks ago whenever everyone was shitting themselves.

Chill the **** out.

We got this.

That's kind of what I'm promoting here...