PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Seeking a tailgate for Steelers game

KC Jones
10-08-2015, 10:52 AM
My kids are finally going to see a game at Arrowhead after going to 5 Chiefs games at pile high and always being the visiting fan.

We're planning to come early and checkout the tailgate scene. If anyone has a regular tailgate I'd love to meet some planeteers. I'd be happy to bring cash, booze, or whatever to add to your tailgate if that helps.

--KC Jones

Bowser
10-08-2015, 11:48 AM
Hope you find one, KCJ. Usually there are a number of CP tailgates going on, either luv and her crew or Dartgod and his setup. First time games with the kiddos are always fun.

If I were going and having a tailgate I would gladly let you throw some money and/or booze my way. I'm a giver like that. :D

Brock
10-08-2015, 11:53 AM
https://kansascity.craigslist.org/pts/5248607215.html

Here's one for 150. Only a couple of miles from the stadium.

DC.chief
10-08-2015, 11:53 AM
Hey can I get in on this action too!!? Sorry don't mean to steal your thread. My brother and I are flying in for that game also

luv
10-08-2015, 11:58 AM
I won't be there, but the crew always is. Guru will be there, and I think TinyE was planning to stop by. Look for a big striped RV in the grass median on the outskirts of lot F. F24 by the crosswalk.

Errr...just noticed it says Steelers, and I was thinking the Bears game this weekend. Our crew will be there, and I think Guru will probably be, but not sure. Papasmurf (if you remember him....aka my dad) will also be there.

KC Jones
10-08-2015, 12:06 PM
I won't be there, but the crew always is. Guru will be there, and I think TinyE was planning to stop by. Look for a big striped RV in the grass median on the outskirts of lot F. F24 by the crosswalk.

Errr...just noticed it says Steelers, and I was thinking the Bears game this weekend. Our crew will be there, and I think Guru will probably be, but not sure. Papasmurf (if you remember him....aka my dad) will also be there.

Awesome - thanks luv!

KC Jones
10-08-2015, 12:10 PM
Hope you find one, KCJ. Usually there are a number of CP tailgates going on, either luv and her crew or Dartgod and his setup. First time games with the kiddos are always fun.

If I were going and having a tailgate I would gladly let you throw some money and/or booze my way. I'm a giver like that. :D

You're a saint! ;)

Yeah - I'm sooo excited for this. I just bought authentic NFL Jerseys from a fly by night website in Hong Kong for the game. We're outfitted with Poe, Houston, and Charles.

stevieray
10-08-2015, 06:52 PM
Dartgod hasn't thrown a tailgate in years.

Rausch
10-08-2015, 07:42 PM
This is an upset waiting to happen. If you're going I'd recommend meeting some planeteers or doing something fun the night before...

Rasputin
10-09-2015, 08:22 PM
Am trying get 4 tickets for this game and wanting tailgate also. Any help would be great

Rasputin
10-09-2015, 08:24 PM
I got a room booked at Days Inn 3.7 miles from stadium

I just need tickets :D

Strongside
10-09-2015, 08:46 PM
How old are your kids? I have a weekly tailgate with about 60-70 ppl. A couple kegs, $5 all you can drink. It's not really a kids environment if they're younger than high school, though.

Rasputin
10-09-2015, 08:59 PM
How old are your kids? I have a weekly tailgate with about 60-70 ppl. A couple kegs, $5 all you can drink. It's not really a kids environment if they're younger than high school, though.

Son is 14 but the daughters are 19 & 22.

What section ? I want to meet some Chiefs Planeteers.

Strongside
10-09-2015, 09:09 PM
Son is 14 but the daughters are 19 & 22.

What section ? I want to meet some Chiefs Planeteers.

We tailgate in the SW corner of lot A. Adjacent to the K. Look for a big yellow bus in the grass...US flag over a Chiefs flag over a Royals flag. Feel free to stop by. Ask for Josh.

Rasputin
10-10-2015, 10:57 AM
<iframe width="377" height="212" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gtehUOtdxtM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Got my tickets printed off :)

Section 319 Row 11 seats 15 16 17 18
Gate D

Boom Ch Ka Hope it's loud. Hope my COPD doesn't kill me when I'm yelling but if I can't yell I can find a wimpy Steelers fan and squeeze his nuts & make him scream when Chuefs on defense.

GO ChiefS!!!!!

Rasputin
10-10-2015, 11:00 AM
I haven't been to a game in a long time. Last one we lost to the... I don't want to talk about it. :shake:

luv
10-21-2015, 08:37 AM
Looks like the RV will not be at the Steelers game. We're thinking it will only be at the Browns game. Bringing the RV up is a big expense, and with the team doing how they are, it's just not worth the expense if we can't get a certain number of people to pay to ride up.

One of the owners had already put all of this season's tickets up for sale on Ticket Exchange. My dad did the same thing yesterday. If the RV isn't going, then he just doesn't feel like it's worth the time, effort, or expense of driving up there himself. If he sells all of his tickets, including the two games he had already sold, he'll actually make a bit of a profit.

Predarat
10-21-2015, 08:52 AM
Arrowhead is going to be invaded by Stilahs fans. If folks think the last game was bad just wait until you get a load of these fellers.

InChiefsHeaven
10-21-2015, 08:56 AM
I was at the Bears game...it was bad, felt like 50% Bears fans. The result didn't help...Be ready for a proverbial shit load of Steeler fans...

TEX
10-21-2015, 09:02 AM
I was at the Bears game...it was bad, felt like 50% Bears fans. The result didn't help...Be ready for a proverbial shit load of Steeler fans...

Yep. I was coming up for the Steeler game, BUT after the Bears debacle I sold my tix on Ebay to a guy from Pittsburgh...**** it all!

luv
10-21-2015, 09:11 AM

We still went up to all of the games during the 2-14 season. The Packers game that year looked like Christmas with equal parts red and green. However, I don't think we had the RV that year. Hard to remember. If we didn't then it was still the caravan of vehicles driving up together, which still made tailgating fun. We still had some kind of hope, I guess. This year has just been different for our tailgate group.

BigRichard
10-21-2015, 09:48 AM
The wife and I have a couple of friends who are Steeler fans going with us to the game. We are supposed to be meeting some other people down there who are coming just to tailgate and then leave. We told our Steeler fan friends that we were going down to the stadium early just to tailgate. They were seriously kinda afraid to go down and tailgate. They were asking if our friends down there knew they were Steeler fans. I told them it was all good but apparently they had a really bad experience with fans throwing shit at them and threatening them. Keep in mind these are two people that are in their 50s and are extremely nice people. It really kinda pisses me off that they are afraid to go down to the game and/or tailgate with other Chief fans. I know that shit happens elsewhere but it still pisses me off.

scho63
10-21-2015, 10:15 AM
The wife and I have a couple of friends who are Steeler fans going with us to the game. We are supposed to be meeting some other people down there who are coming just to tailgate and then leave. We told our Steeler fan friends that we were going down to the stadium early just to tailgate. They were seriously kinda afraid to go down and tailgate. They were asking if our friends down there knew they were Steeler fans. I told them it was all good but apparently they had a really bad experience with fans throwing shit at them and threatening them. Keep in mind these are two people that are in their 50s and are extremely nice people. It really kinda pisses me off that they are afraid to go down to the game and/or tailgate with other Chief fans. I know that shit happens elsewhere but it still pisses me off.

I don't see that happening PRE-GAME.

luv
10-21-2015, 10:20 AM

Wow. I've seen people give people some ribbing before the game, but never seen anything like what you described happen before the game.

Predarat
10-21-2015, 10:53 AM

That is disappointing, I know the KC crowd will dish it back if you instigate but usually well behaving fans of the other team are left alone, even made to feel welcomed. Prolly a few drunk jackasses but still sucks that it happened.

BigRichard
10-21-2015, 10:54 AM
Wow. I've seen people give people some ribbing before the game, but never seen anything like what you described happen before the game.

I don't know as this was pre game. It shouldn't happen anytime.

luv
10-21-2015, 11:21 AM
I don't know as this was pre game. It shouldn't happen anytime.
It shouldn't. I don't usually stick around after the game to know what goes on then.

InChiefsHeaven
10-22-2015, 07:47 AM
One of the guys on the radio up here was at the playoff game in '94 against the Steelers. He's a Steeler fan and on the radio did nothing but bash KC fans for his experience at the game. Said he had beer thrown at him and his girlfriend. That was in the 90's though.

I've seen some fans be real assholes, but you get that everywhere I'd imagine. This last game I was hanging out with some Bears fans and they had nothing but good things to say about KC and the atmosphere.

tooge
10-22-2015, 01:03 PM
We tailgate in the back of J lot on the grass. You are welcome to come by. We won't be there this week, or any other week this season however, so you might bring something to eat and drink

Rasputin
10-23-2015, 11:03 AM
We tailgate in the SW corner of lot A. Adjacent to the K. Look for a big yellow bus in the grass...US flag over a Chiefs flag over a Royals flag. Feel free to stop by. Ask for Josh.

Hope to see you there man. Am getting ready for the trip going stay in Salina tonight may watch Royals somewhere Salina has some pretty good restaurants. Then embark to Kansas City early Saturday. Should be fun even when the Chiefs get fisted by the Steelers I've never got to take my kids didn't want too when they sucked so bad over the last 10 years or so but I can't help that. I want to take them and just make the best trip to Kansas City I can and Go Royals. Damn wish I had tickets to the Royals game instead.

Fucking Chiefs piss me the fuck off but here is my money take it ass fucks.

I'm at least going get to booo Alex DipShit that will count for something.

Rasputin
10-23-2015, 12:53 PM

I'm going look for you & Guru & TinyE . Hope to find some Chiefs Planeters.

I'm not going to see the Chiefs win would be nice but not likely I'm going to just have fun and not let them spoil it for me. Hope the Royals clinch the WS so that will be awesome to be in Kansas City for the weekend.

Looking forward to this weekend regardless of the Chiefs performance.

ptlyon
10-23-2015, 12:59 PM
We tailgate in the back of J lot on the grass. You are welcome to come by. We won't be there this week, or any other week this season however, so you might bring something to eat and drink

Lot J was nuts the night of the Thursday night game

luv
10-23-2015, 02:15 PM
I'm going look for you & Guru & TinyE . Hope to find some Chiefs Planeters.

I'm not going to see the Chiefs win would be nice but not likely I'm going to just have fun and not let them spoil it for me. Hope the Royals clinch the WS so that will be awesome to be in Kansas City for the weekend.

Looking forward to this weekend regardless of the Chiefs performance.

I won't be there, and neither will the RV. Not sure if Guru and his Topeka crew will still be parking there or not. If so, it's F24 in the grass median by the crosswalk. I miss Chiefs games this year. Kinda sucks. I didn't go to many last year do to being sick a lot. This year, I'm prego. Even when the teams sucks, tailgating is still always a good time.

10-23-2015, 02:38 PM
We will still be there. Parking as close to the same spot as always out by f24

DC.chief
10-23-2015, 03:47 PM
Flew in today from DC for the game and I saw a lot of steelers hats and shirts.

Had a decent conversation with one steelers fan. I think the dude took pity on me or something because he actually thought the chiefs could win!

I've only been to two other live chiefs games and we lost both. Hard to see that changing unfortunately

BigRichard
10-23-2015, 05:17 PM
I know it has been discussed but where is the best place to park at Arrowhead?