PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Justin Houston

FloridaMan88
10-11-2015, 02:57 PM
Stat line today:

2 Tackles, 0 Sacks.

The past three games combined:

7 Solo Tackles, 2 Assisted Tackles, 0 Sacks.

$100 million doesn't get what it used to apparently.

the Talking Can
10-11-2015, 02:59 PM
it gets your mom $100 million times

Saccopoo
10-11-2015, 03:01 PM
He's been absolutely stoned for two straight weeks by a rookie (Jake Fisher) and a third year player who's playing OT for the first time (Kyle Long).

And that's with Bailey and Howard playing some seriously good football next to him.

ThaVirus
10-11-2015, 03:02 PM
He's one of the last of our worries, seriously.

We're getting absolutely no legitimate pressure from the blind side and Hali isn't even good in run support at this point either. DJ is looking like pure shit and the other ILB spot is manned by a rookie.

At least he's still out there setting the edge on runs, drawing holding penalties when the refs feel like throwing a flag, etc.

He just isn't being utilized correctly either. I've said it so many times lately but it needs to keep being said: Houston needs to rush the passer on every single 3rd down and on every snap in the 4th quarter. The net difference in trying to scheme and trick the other team by dropping him back into coverage just isn't worth losing out on one of the best pass rushers in the league. Be aggressive.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-11-2015, 03:03 PM
I was praying someone was going to take his toxic contract away from us and we could use those picks to make up for the picks of Ford and Fisher. We are stuck. He pulled the same crap that Bowe did to us, knowing that we had no other choice. Not saying Houston is anywhere on the level of Bowe awful tho...

jonzie04
10-11-2015, 03:04 PM
He's been absolutely stoned for two straight weeks by a rookie (Jake Fisher) and a third year player who's playing OT for the first time (Kyle Long).

And that's with Bailey and Howard playing some seriously good football next to him.

For the second time... Jake Fisher didn't play a single snap against Justin Houston.

Rausch
10-11-2015, 03:04 PM
He was held most of this game and for reasons unknown dropped back into coverage a lot.

I guess there's a chance he might be distracted by our team being complete ass...

ThaVirus
10-11-2015, 03:05 PM
I was praying someone was going to take his toxic contract away from us and we could use those picks to make up for the picks of Ford and Fisher. We are stuck. He pulled the same crap that Bowe did to us, knowing that we had no other choice. Not saying Houston is anywhere on the level of Bowe awful tho...

Are you near a set of sharp knives? Can you make it to a roof quick?

Please, do us all a favor and end your life ASAP.

Simply Red
10-11-2015, 03:07 PM
This loss is 100% on Santos!

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-11-2015, 03:12 PM
Are you near a set of sharp knives? Can you make it to a roof quick?

Please, do us all a favor and end your life ASAP.

Believe me, if $12 mil/year for that Bowe contract was bad. This $17 mil/year is going to be right up there. He has had zero impact on games this year. Zero. 2014 was a miraculous season for him against some less inspired teams.

ThaVirus
10-11-2015, 03:17 PM
Believe me, if $12 mil/year for that Bowe contract was bad. This $17 mil/year is going to be right up there. He has had zero impact on games this year. Zero. 2014 was a miraculous season for him against some less inspired teams.

He has a huge impact on games. Just like JJ Watt, who also impacts games greatly, he can't win things on his own, particularly when he's being dropped back into coverage for who knows what reasons.

The defense allowed 18 points today. They scored 7 of their own so a net result of allowing 11 points in a game.. And we still lost.

Check our offense's drive production. The sheer amount of 3 and outs this season have been astounding. Our 3rd down conversion % has to be approaching league history lows.

The single player that has the most effect on the games is playing worse than most anyone on the team. We need a change at the QB spot.

jonzie04
10-11-2015, 03:19 PM
The dude has 3 sacks and 16 hurries on the season, and he probably got another 5+ hurries tonight. 10th place for hurries ALL of last season was 20 hurries, he damn near has that in a 5 game stretch that has been bad for him...

Saccopoo
10-11-2015, 03:19 PM
For the second time... Jake Fisher didn't play a single snap against Justin Houston.

You are correct.

He got his ass kicked by Andre Smith.

jonzie04
10-11-2015, 03:21 PM
You are correct.

He got his ass kicked by Andre Smith.

Thats better. :clap: Although giving up 3 hurries and failing to run block someone isn't exactly kicking someones ass... 3 hurries a game for the season would be good for 48 hurries, which would nearly tie JJ Watt from last year.

ThaVirus
10-11-2015, 03:22 PM
The dude has 3 sacks and 16 hurries on the season, and he probably got another 5+ hurries tonight. 10th place for hurries ALL of last season was 20 hurries, he damn near has that in a 5 game stretch that has been bad for him...

Much like RBs, KC's been spoiled by pass rushers.

DT to Jared Allen to Tamba Hali to Justin Houston. True fans assume if he doesn't get a sack in 60 minutes of regulation, he was invisible all game.

Meanwhile, 30 years of not drafting a QB and trading for other team's retreads has conditioned them to immediately point the finger at absolutely anyone else when the signal caller is so clearly lacking in... well, everything necessary for your football team to win games.

FloridaMan88
10-11-2015, 03:26 PM
Much like RBs, KC's been spoiled by pass rushers.

DT to Jared Allen to Tamba Hali to Justin Houston. True fans assume if he doesn't get a sack in 60 minutes of regulation, he was invisible all game.

Meanwhile, 30 years of not drafting a QB and trading for other team's retreads has conditioned them to immediately point the finger at absolutely anyone else when the signal caller is so clearly lacking in... well, everything necessary for your football team to win games.

And True Dumbshits like yourself think that putting blame on any other player, besides the QB, automatically absolves the QB of any blame.

Justin Houston has seven solo tackles the past 3 games combined. That isn't just focusing on his sack contribution.

BigMeatballDave
10-11-2015, 03:27 PM
I'm thinking sacks may be down league-wide. Miller only has 2.

Ware leads the NFL,(I think)with 4.5.

ThaVirus
10-11-2015, 03:31 PM
And True Dumbshits like yourself think that putting blame on any other player, besides the QB, automatically absolves the QB of any blame.

Justin Houston has seven solo tackles the past 3 games combined. That isn't just focusing on his sack contribution.

Von Miller averages 3 solo tackles per game.

Clay Matthews, prior to converting to ILB, averaged 2.7 solo tackles per games.

Aldon Smith averages 2.4 solo tackles per game.

Grading a 3-4 OLBs contribution based on solo tackles is the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard..

Squalor2
10-11-2015, 03:32 PM
i thought sutton wanted to pressure the bears up the middle all day. hali/ford and houston were to seal and keep cutler from throwing in the flat. i hate 50 playing coverage on 2nd and 3rd down. sutton should have used stunts and twists with 56 and 50

ThaVirus
10-11-2015, 03:32 PM
I'm thinking sacks may be down league-wide. Miller only has 2.

Ware leads the NFL,(I think)with 4.5.

And Watt only has 4, IIRC.

Which is surprising considering league-wide offensive line play seems to have declined.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-11-2015, 03:33 PM
Von Miller averages 3 solo tackles per game.

Clay Matthews, prior to converting to ILB, averaged 2.7 solo tackles per games.

Aldon Smith averages 2.4 solo tackles per game.

Grading a 3-4 OLBs contribution based on solo tackles is the dumbest ****ing thing I've ever heard..

The fact is Justin Houston can't justify his 17 mil/year contract and it looks even worse when other aspects of the defense aren't able to hold their own

jonzie04
10-11-2015, 03:35 PM

Ahh, another guy who thinks that guys should be putting up video game like numbers...

7 solo tackles in 3 games = 37 solos in a season

Hali led 3-4 OLB in solos last season with 43
and Houston was 5th with 40

Also, you do realize that Houston has more solo tackles than ANY 3-4 OLB in the entire NFL this season right? No of course you didn't realize that.

GloucesterChief
10-11-2015, 03:36 PM
And Watt only has 4, IIRC.

Which is surprising considering league-wide offensive line play seems to have declined.

Everybody is moving to the dink and dunk ball out of the QBs hands in 2.3 seconds or less offense.

When the QB is in the shotgun that leaves very little time for the D to get there.

morphius
10-11-2015, 03:36 PM
It seems offensive holding rules are even more lenient this year than before. I was especially a fan where the guy almost hockey fought Houston, as in pulled his jersey up over his head. They are allowing lots of holding outside of the shoulders as well. Just making it less and less exciting to watch.

Rausch
10-11-2015, 03:38 PM
All you Houston haters can suck a fat dick.

A BIG, FAT, JUICY DICK.

He's the ONLY area of our D the offense has to plan for at this point and other than today the opponent did an excellent job.

Today he honestly looked like he didn't care. That's a first. Even when we were getting killed in games with a losing record Houston was ready to pounce.

Houston isn't stupid. I wonder if he see's what former D players for Reid saw.

I wonder if he's starting to see the futility in it...

ThaVirus
10-11-2015, 03:39 PM
The fact is Justin Houston can't justify his 17 mil/year contract and it looks even worse when other aspects of the defense aren't able to hold their own

He's still our best defender. The only other guys that could even hold a candle to his impact on overall performance are Jaye Howard and Marcus Peters who have both had some horrible moments. Houston's had no such thing, he just isn't producing tangible sack numbers at a breakneck pace like he was last season.. But it's a long season.

In the mean time, let's get semi-NFL-level production from our ROLB, ILB1, ILB2, and pretty much every spot in the secondary before we start pointing fingers at the only guy worth a shit.

Meatloaf
10-11-2015, 03:41 PM
Houston is an EXCELLENT football player. To think less, well, that's just stupid and dumb.

Houston and Charles are EASILY the best football players on this team. Period.

Saccopoo
10-11-2015, 03:48 PM
All you Houston haters can suck a fat dick.

A BIG, FAT, JUICY DICK.

He's the ONLY area of our D the offense has to plan for at this point and other than today the opponent did an excellent job.

Today he honestly looked like he didn't care. That's a first. Even when we were getting killed in games with a losing record Houston was ready to pounce.

Houston isn't stupid. I wonder if he see's what former D players for Reid saw.

I wonder if he's starting to see the futility in it...

$100 million dollars means he should be playing balls out regardless of who the coach is or whatever system he is playing in. It's called "professional" for a reason.

He just got worked today. It happens.

And I'm not too overly worried as I believe that it's Sutton's defense versus Houston.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-11-2015, 03:48 PM
Houston is an EXCELLENT football player. To think less, well, that's just stupid and dumb.

Houston and Charles are EASILY the best football players on this team. Period.

Houston is excellent , but a 12 mil/year guy at best considering where the salary cap is. 50 million guaranteed is just insane. He just has to show up with a pulse for the next 40 games and he gets paid..

Meatloaf
10-11-2015, 03:56 PM
Houston is excellent , but a 12 mil/year guy at best considering where the salary cap is. 50 million guaranteed is just insane. He just has to show up with a pulse for the next 40 games and he gets paid..

I think the guy is an absolute stud. And yeah, whether or not you pay ANYONE that kind of money is a really good question. Nonetheless, we did, so he's a Chief. And, unlike our QB, Justin Houston is actually a really, really good football player.

That whole defense was dog tired at the end of the game as they seemed to be on the field most of the game. Not making excuses for them, but the offense shares some of the blame too.

You want a guy that sucks, let me introduce you to Alex Smith.

Mr. Laz
10-11-2015, 04:45 PM
He got his 100 million, why should he give a fuck.

Three7s
10-11-2015, 04:46 PM
Okay, now I KNOW you're Black Bob.

ThaVirus
10-11-2015, 04:47 PM
I think the guy is an absolute stud.

Then shut your whore fucking mouth

Meatloaf
10-11-2015, 05:06 PM
Then shut your whore ****ing mouth

Virus, you were spot on earlier in Chat. Sadly, you've now lost your mojo.

ThaVirus
10-11-2015, 05:08 PM
Virus, you were spot on earlier in Chat. Sadly, you've now lost your mojo.

It is unfortunate, but hopefully Jamaal's injury isn't serious/Simply Red gets laid tonight.

Meatloaf
10-11-2015, 05:10 PM
It is unfortunate, but hopefully Jamaal's injury isn't serious/Simply Red gets laid tonight.

I think there's a better chance of Jamaal growing a third leg than SR hitting the jackpot. Just saying'....

rabblerouser
10-11-2015, 06:06 PM
Justin Houston??

Haven't seen him...

ping2000
10-11-2015, 06:33 PM
Everything will be great next year when we pick up a guard from a small college. Relax.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-11-2015, 07:27 PM
I think the guy is an absolute stud. And yeah, whether or not you pay ANYONE that kind of money is a really good question. Nonetheless, we did, so he's a Chief. And, unlike our QB, Justin Houston is actually a really, really good football player.

That whole defense was dog tired at the end of the game as they seemed to be on the field most of the game. Not making excuses for them, but the offense shares some of the blame too.

You want a guy that sucks, let me introduce you to Alex Smith.

We had control of that game ending the 1st half and starting the 3rd. That Charles injury stunned the team and the blocked FG was a preview for the rest of the game. The D was playing well up until that point. And Smith is going to be limited with Charles out of the game, that's just what happens to game managers when they are missing their every down RB and the defense can sit back and smother receivers.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-11-2015, 07:29 PM
Okay, now I KNOW you're Black Bob.

Well, then you don't know shit. Mods verified it and the admin knows my email which is linked to the paypal I use to donate to this server. The paranoia over Bob is creepy and disturbing on here.

Dave Lane
10-11-2015, 08:13 PM
Well, then you don't know shit. Mods verified it and the admin knows my email which is linked to the paypal I use to donate to this server. The paranoia over Bob is creepy and disturbing on here.

There's no other relevant information that would allow us to formulate a stupidity level of this vast expanse. Only the idiot savant that is Black Blob could concoct such horrid takes.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-11-2015, 08:18 PM
There's no other relevant information that would allow us to formulate a stupidity level of this vast expanse. Only the idiot savant that is Black Blob could concoct such horrid takes.

You are telling me that a 3rd round pick that we had in Houston that changes into 2, First round picks is not an upgrade? In addition to having leftover money after signing both of those picks. 17 mil/year for a single defensive player is salary cap suicide.

Sorter
10-11-2015, 08:24 PM
Well, then you don't know shit. Mods verified it
Untrue.

[QUOTE]and the admin knows my email which is linked to the paypal I use to donate to this server.
If you had donated, your username would be bolded, not unlike Dave Lane's.

The paranoia over Bob is creepy and disturbing on here.

You're a fucking psychopath.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-11-2015, 08:26 PM
[QUOTE=TigerUppercut;11793304]Well, then you don't know shit. Mods verified it
Untrue.

If you had donated, your username would be bolded, not unlike Dave Lane's.

You're a ****ing psychopath.

Donated to the site thru the Green link but not as a yearly subscriber. Don't be a dummy.

Sorter
10-11-2015, 08:30 PM
[QUOTE=Sorter;11793489]

Donated to the site thru the Green link but not as a yearly subscriber. Don't be a dummy.

LMAO.