PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Trust Reid with a new QB?

Reerun_KC
10-19-2015, 07:46 AM
With Alex shouldering all the blame to protect Reid again. If the Chiefs do cut Smith and draft a QB. Do you trust Reid to develop that QB with his given history?

Yeah he did decent with McNabb backed up by Jim Johnsons Defenses... But if you do your research Reid isn't really the guy you want developing your QB. Plenty of articles out there damming his coaching style.

So CP, if we can dump Smith, draft a QB, would you be willing to keep Reid (even extend him) to develop a new QB?

Poll Forthcoming....

BigMeatballDave
10-19-2015, 07:47 AM
No, I do not, but what choice do we have?

Dayze
10-19-2015, 07:48 AM
Shit no

bishop_74
10-19-2015, 07:48 AM
No. Reid is done. Sorry

BigMeatballDave
10-19-2015, 07:49 AM
If they try to acquire another QB, I have a feeling they'll go after RG3. :facepalm:

KC_Lee
10-19-2015, 07:50 AM
If they try to acquire another QB, I have a feeling they'll go after RG3. :facepalm:

That or Kappernick. Both are flaming meteor craters but that's the KC way.

Chief_For_Life58
10-19-2015, 08:08 AM
lol if we signed rg3 i would lol so hard. all the true fans would be like. reid can fix him

FloridaMan88
10-19-2015, 08:12 AM
No. Andy Reid's QB guru reputation has been exposed as a fraud.

Even going back to his most successful years in Philly it was their defense and running game that made them successful.

FloridaMan88
10-19-2015, 08:14 AM
No, I do not, but what choice do we have?

Bring in a real offensive coaching staff (i.e. offensive coordinator to call plays) to take ownership of the offense and QB development.

If Clark doesn't want to fire Reid, he needs to force him to delegate control of the offense.

New World Order
10-19-2015, 08:19 AM
It shows how good Mcnabb really was. Throughout all of those years with an idiot coach he still managed to go to pro bowl after pro bowl, nfc championship games and one super bowl.

wazu
10-19-2015, 08:19 AM
Man, what a hopeless situation. What a hopeless franchise.

Reerun_KC
10-19-2015, 08:22 AM
It shows how good Mcnabb really was. Throughout all of those years with an idiot coach he still managed to go to pro bowl after pro bowl, nfc championship games and one super bowl.

And if you back and read articles, its amazing what McNabb and Jim Johnson had to overcome to continue to keep Philly successful...

I can see why Philly fan wanted to throw a battery factory at Reid after all those years.

Dave Lane
10-19-2015, 08:24 AM
I'd like to see Andy with a legit QB. Its possible that time has passed him by but his record says otherwise. There aren't many or any HC that would look good with captain checkdown at the helm. My biggest beef with Andy is that he doesn't sit Alex with an "injury" to see how the offense could preform with a non-broken QB.

Jerm
10-19-2015, 08:25 AM
I'd clean house and let a new staff come in, pick the QB they want, and start anew.

Chiefnj2
10-19-2015, 08:28 AM
Reid is horrible. The faster he is out of KC, the better the franchise will be.

That said, he has a QB on the roster that "he" drafted that he could choose to play if he wanted.

BossChief
10-19-2015, 08:29 AM
If not Reid, they need to hire Tom Clements. He's GBs OC and was their QB coach when Aaron Rodgers was being developed.

MahiMike
10-19-2015, 08:33 AM
What is beluchik without Brady? I still believe in Andy.

Dave Lane
10-19-2015, 08:35 AM
Bring in a real offensive coaching staff (i.e. offensive coordinator to call plays) to take ownership of the offense and QB development.

If Clark doesn't want to fire Reid, he needs to force him to delegate control of the offense.

I agree with this completely. Reids skill is getting players to give effort and create family. His calling plays and screwing up other things undermines this effort. He needs to be a HC not an OC.

KC_Lee
10-19-2015, 08:52 AM

This is really the question; do we as fans trust Reid to make serious changes in the coaching staff to give a rookie 1st round QB a chance to grow and succeed?

Chiefnj2
10-19-2015, 08:55 AM
Just think how bad the offense would be if Brad Childress wasn't doing whatever it is he might be doing.

If Landry Jones can come in and win a game, then it's time for Reid to work his alleged magic with Murray.

ILChief
10-19-2015, 09:01 AM
Just think how bad the offense would be if Brad Childress wasn't doing whatever it is he might be doing.

If Landry Jones can come in and win a game, then it's time for Reid to work his alleged magic with Murray.

This. Murray is a much better prospect than Landry Jones

chiefzilla1501
10-19-2015, 09:03 AM
Reid is fine developing qbs. He just should have no say in picking who that QB is.

ILChief
10-19-2015, 09:03 AM
While Reid had his share of blunders, if we had a top QB we would be fine. There are usually receivers open. Alex just instantly throws sideways.

Dayze
10-19-2015, 09:08 AM
This is the extent of Reid's magic
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/tN_2391ZpFY/hqdefault.jpg

FloridaMan88
10-19-2015, 09:30 AM
This is really the question; do we as fans trust Reid to make serious changes in the coaching staff to give a rookie 1st round QB a chance to grow and succeed?

I think the only way Andy Reid is going to make significant changes to his coaching staff is if Clark forces him to.

Reerun_KC
10-19-2015, 09:37 AM
Reid is fine developing qbs. He just should have no say in picking who that QB is.

Complete myth...

ModSocks
10-19-2015, 09:52 AM
Yes i trust Reid with a new QB. Like i said before. Reid has shown his willingness and desire for a downfield passing game. He's shown that he can run a vertical passing offense. Smith on the other hand has NEVER been a vertical QB.

So when the Chiefs can't get the ball downfield.....is it because of the coach who's shown he can and wants to do it, or the QB, who's never, ever done it in his career?

Graystoke
10-19-2015, 10:54 AM
I don't think so.
We watch games week in and week out and the simple things like clock management are total failures with Reid.
His play calling sucks ass.
Nah, I think Reid is overrated and a bad thing for the Chiefs.

DaneMcCloud
10-19-2015, 12:17 PM
That or Kappernick. Both are flaming meteor craters but that's the KC way.

Andy Reid may be done in the NFL but there's no way he looks at Kaepernick and says "He can run my system". Same with RGIII.

Neither can read a defense and neither guy is an accurate passer.

Prison Bitch
10-19-2015, 12:23 PM
Fat Andy is a retard. Sorry, but going 12-18 in his last 30 kinda removes any last vestiges of the "genius" label. Geniuses don't get their butts kicked like this over a full 2 year span. Given his flameout in Philly this is basically 2 garbage years, and two decent ones. 2013 was a total mirage.

DaneMcCloud
10-19-2015, 12:41 PM
If not Reid, they need to hire Tom Clements. He's GBs OC and was their QB coach when Aaron Rodgers was being developed.

He was also the QB coach in KC under Gunther when they had #8 offense in 2000 with Elvis and not much else.

That said, I really dislike the WCO and if there's a coaching change, hope they move to the Coryell.

Mr_Tomahawk
10-19-2015, 12:49 PM

Yes Please.

Red Dawg
10-19-2015, 01:01 PM
What will screw up any real change is that stupid Andy and Dorsey are old buddies. That will be a problem because there is just no effing way Dorsey wants Alex next year.

He came from QB heaven and must be just sick as a dog watching this no talent schmuck make him look stupid.

FloridaMan88
10-19-2015, 01:05 PM
He was also the QB coach in KC under Gunther when they had #8 offense in 2000 with Elvis and not much else.

That said, I really dislike the WCO and if there's a coaching change, hope they move to the Coryell.

He got a 500 yard passing game out of Elvis that season.

That alone should earn him the Nobel Peace Prize.

jonzie04
10-19-2015, 01:09 PM

He got a 500 yard passing game out of Elvis that season.

That alone should earn him the Nobel Peace Prize.

Didn't know either of these things.

God damn, I like this guy already.

Mav
10-19-2015, 01:22 PM

Sighs. Joe Philbin was the guy before him. I wouldn't touch Clements. Reid should let Pederson call plays.

FlaChief58
10-19-2015, 01:38 PM
Man, what a hopeless situation. What a hopeless franchise.

So much this :banghead:

saphojunkie
10-19-2015, 01:54 PM
I'm clearly in the minority, but I don't think the game has fully passed him by. Switch Rodgers and Smith and see which team looks like a super bowl contender and which one is 1-5.

I think giving play calling duties to Pederson and drafting a QB with, gee, I don't know, an NFL arm might do wonders.

FloridaMan88
10-19-2015, 02:30 PM
I'm clearly in the minority, but I don't think the game has fully passed him by. Switch Rodgers and Smith and see which team looks like a super bowl contender and which one is 1-5.

I think giving play calling duties to Pederson and drafting a QB with, gee, I don't know, an NFL arm might do wonders.

Alex Smith hasn't been forced on Andy Reid... he is Reid's hand-picked QB.

This isn't a Matt Cassel being forced on Todd Haley situation... it is the exact opposite.

That fact can't be discounted when holding Andy Reid accountable.

saphojunkie
10-19-2015, 02:48 PM

This isn't a Matt Cassel being forced on Todd Haley situation... it is the exact opposite.

That's a fair point.

ModSocks
10-19-2015, 02:53 PM

And because of this, Reid will get another shot with another QB.

Smith will fall on the sword before Reid does.

Easy 6
10-19-2015, 05:13 PM
Yes, I would absolutely trust him with a new QB.

Just don't trust him with the playsheet on gameday, and don't trust him to set his ego aside and bench his handpicked golden boy... this guy HATES to admit he's wrong.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-19-2015, 06:07 PM
A new QB will outlive Reid.

Just pull the fucking trigger already.

Psyko Tek
10-19-2015, 07:32 PM
you forgot the

OH FUCK NO

option

Hammock Parties
10-19-2015, 07:33 PM
Like most head coaches, if he gets the right QB, he's gonna be just fine.

ILChief
10-19-2015, 07:36 PM
Head coach really doesn't matter. I could be an NFL coach if I had Aaron Rodgers as my QB.

Psyko Tek
10-19-2015, 07:37 PM
What is beluchik without Brady? I still believe in Andy.

you maybe mentally deficent,
but that's OK

you put your pants on one leg at a time like the rest of us
trouble is yours are usually on backwards

but we like you anyway

now STFU :o)
here's your participation rep

Psyko Tek
10-19-2015, 07:39 PM
This. Murray is a much better prospect than Landry Jones

are you saying Crazy Todd is better?

okcchief
10-19-2015, 09:53 PM
Man our play calling has been so fucking bad I'm going to say no. I no longer trust Reid. I gave him the benefit of the doubt even when he brought in Smith. He failed horribly. Next......

okcchief
10-19-2015, 09:57 PM

I made the same point the other day. You could tell Haley never wanted any part of Cassel. Reid picked this POS. You fucked up buddy...sorry....buh bye.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-19-2015, 10:00 PM
I trust him more holding my jelly donut

ClevelandBronco
10-19-2015, 10:02 PM
I trust him more holding my jelly donut

http://www.standbyformindcontrol.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Donut.png

ILChief
10-20-2015, 05:33 AM
are you saying Crazy Todd is better?

Not necessarily. he was a loose cannon. Also, his Palko love was mind boggling. It's like he set out to find the one QB in the league worse than Cassel.

bevischief
10-20-2015, 06:29 AM
No. I trust him as much not to eat my KFC bucket, let alone with a new QB.

chiefzilla1501
10-20-2015, 06:52 AM
Not necessarily. he was a loose cannon. Also, his Palko love was mind boggling. It's like he set out to find the one QB in the league worse than Cassel.

This argument is overstated. He asked for Hasselbeck and Kaepernick and was flat out denied. That's all you need to know.

The guy just beat Arizona with Landry Jones as his QB. And his track record of developing WRs is off the charts. He was given a pile of shit to work with in KC.

ChiTown
10-20-2015, 07:17 AM
No, fuck that dope and fuck CHUNT

DaNewGuy
10-20-2015, 07:19 AM
I'm willing to give Reid another shot with a qb that's not a Brokedick scrub

jd1020
10-20-2015, 07:20 AM
I don't know how anyone could possibly trust Reid with another QB. He took Alex, a talented #1 draft pick stud, and turned him into one of the worst QBs in the league. That should immediately end every and all conversations about Reid being a QB guru.

Chiefnj2
10-20-2015, 07:39 AM
Why would anyone trust Reid?

What has he done during his time in KC to lead you to believe he can be a good HC or OC? What adjustments has he made to try to make the offense better? His playcalling is the same every week. Third down conversions are atrocious. QB is regressing. Unwilling to pull the QB. Team comes out listless and uninspired.

People are willing to let him drag the franchise to an even lower level (if that's possible) all because he had success in 2004?

Reerun_KC
10-20-2015, 08:45 AM
I'm willing to give Reid another shot with a qb that's not a Brokedick scrub
If Smith is a broke Dick scrub. Why did Reid clamour for him, give up 2 picks AND extend his contract?

And you support that decision and want to have him draft or trade for another QB?

Can't understand that logic.

Coochie liquor
10-20-2015, 12:08 PM
I'd trust Reid to help mold a young qb more than I would trust Alex to mentor him for a year!

FRCDFED
10-20-2015, 03:53 PM
Like I posted in another thread. We have the all-time SEC passing leader sitting on the bench. Reid's loyalty to Smith is mind boggling. Although I believe Reid's system is crap, there's no excuse for not giving Murray a chance at this point.

chiefzilla1501
10-20-2015, 04:13 PM
Why would anyone trust Reid?

What has he done during his time in KC to lead you to believe he can be a good HC or OC? What adjustments has he made to try to make the offense better? His playcalling is the same every week. Third down conversions are atrocious. QB is regressing. Unwilling to pull the QB. Team comes out listless and uninspired.

People are willing to let him drag the franchise to an even lower level (if that's possible) all because he had success in 2004?

People forget that most of his Philly career, even with QBs like Detmer, Feely, and Vick, the Philly offense was still pretty explosive. He has big limitations and I want playcalling taken away. I just really disagree that people think he's offensively inept. It feels to me that he's designing the offense around the limitations of the QB and the qbs limitations are not always unlocking the full potential of plays dialed in.

Mr. Laz
10-20-2015, 05:59 PM
He hasn't done anything with the young QB so far with us.

Alex Smith was better in San Fran
Daniel looks good but Reid says fuck it
Murray didn't get to throw a pass until the 3rd or 4th game of the preseason this year
Who knows what is going on with Bray

No concerted effort to develop the young guys. No desire to go with a young guy.

Why would anyone in KC trust him as of right now?

Easy 6
10-20-2015, 06:13 PM

Murray didn't get to throw a pass until the 3rd or 4th game of the preseason this year

No concerted effort to develop the young guys. No desire to go with a young guy.

Excellent post.

I'm still not 100% about firing Reid, but you make a very convincing case in very few words.

Reerun_KC
10-20-2015, 06:53 PM

We had 3 years of threads about Smith... Relentless garbage spewed with very little substance. Rehashed topics, clichéd to death....

Reid will get a pass for a couple of reason. 1) rose colored glasses. He's dons red and gold, history doesn't matter all is fixed when he became HC... 2) people willing to overlook everything if can blame Smith and make him fall guy...

Same shit we went through with Herm as the HC, same folks saying same ahit just different HC...

SDChiefs
10-20-2015, 07:07 PM
I would trust him with the qb but he would need to give up playcalling. Where is that option?

WeathermanKumke
10-20-2015, 08:02 PM
Fire Doug Peterson, Give Chilly the play calling and promote him to OC and have Reid coach the team

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-21-2015, 03:41 AM
Fire Doug Peterson, Give Chilly the play calling and promote him to OC and have Reid coach the team

Pederson called plays in the preseason.

I'll give you a little time to work the math.