PDA

View Full Version : Life Kidney Stones

Bwana
10-21-2015, 01:15 PM
Any of you guys ever have them? I got one for the first time in my life and that was by far the most painful experience of my life. It ended up landing me in the hospital in Baltimore. I need to figure out what caused that and not do it anymore. :hmmm:

Rain Man
10-21-2015, 01:16 PM
I hear that they hurt, and that they're caused by carbonated beverages. Or maybe it's caffeinated beverages. Either way, I hear that they hurt.

kepp
10-21-2015, 01:18 PM
My Dad had them a few years back. I hear that the pain is the closest thing to childbirth that men will feel.

Garcia Bronco
10-21-2015, 01:19 PM
It can and most likely be the water you're drinking. I had one at 18 years-old from drinking milk and water in south west virginia. The funny thing is people think the last one percent is the painful part of passing a stone...it's not...it the other 99 percent

bevischief
10-21-2015, 01:20 PM
Also certain types of calcium supplements do as well.

seclark
10-21-2015, 01:20 PM
never had them myself, but my brother in law has had them for years. they've removed them at the hospital, but a few months ago, he removed one himself via a tweezers.:eek:

no shit...dug it out of his pecker w/a tweezers...brrrr!

they told him it could be from all the soda and tea he drinks.

get well, bwana
sec

Garcia Bronco
10-21-2015, 01:21 PM
cranbeery juice is a good way to help pass them

ptlyon
Sorry to hear that dude. That would suck.

seclark
so, did they remove it at the hospital, or did you just pass it?
sec

BigBeauford
10-21-2015, 01:22 PM
Tazer electromagnet radiation waves.

seclark
cranbeery juice is a good way to help pass them

yes, i've heard this also.
sec

Lonewolf Ed
I have never had them, but maybe it is in part due to my love of cranberry juice. Sorry you had to deal with them! A buddy of mine was set to have surgery to remove his and when they scanned him at the hospital one last time before the surgery, they were gone. They must have disintegrated and he peed them out. Lucky!!

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-21-2015, 01:25 PM
The latest research states that the only thing that causes Kidney stones is Beer.

seclark
10-21-2015, 01:27 PM
The latest research states that the only thing that causes Kidney stones is Beer.

i call bullshit.
if that was the case, i'd be pissing a boulder a day.
sec

Pennywise
10-21-2015, 01:28 PM
yes, i've heard this also.
sec

Llama piss works as well.

ptlyon
10-21-2015, 01:28 PM
i call bullshit.
if that was the case, i'd be pissing a boulder a day.
sec

Caveat - Rolling Rock beer only

seclark
10-21-2015, 01:29 PM
Llama piss works as well.

that's pretty hard to get around here.
sec

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-21-2015, 01:31 PM
Caveat - Rolling Rock beer only

KeyStone

scho63
10-21-2015, 01:34 PM
It must have REALLY hurt like hell for you to drive from Billings Montana to Baltimore MD.

My brother just had quadruple bypass surgery about 12 days ago and he still said his kidney stones hurt much worse followed by his gout then the bypass.

Thought he was dying with the kidney stones.

If you are NOT a big drinker of water everyday, start now!

Bwana
10-21-2015, 01:35 PM
so, did they remove it at the hospital, or did you just pass it?
sec

They went in but couldn't get it and ended up putting a stint in my Johnson to try to help it pass. :eek: You talk about bleeding out for 48 hours. I'm not sure if the thing is still in there or not I have an appointment to find out tomorrow at the hospital. When I came to and the good Dr. told me they were unable to retrieve it I was not a happy boy.

Perineum Ripper
10-21-2015, 01:36 PM
I always heard a lot of sweet tea caused them..also heard drinking lots of cranberry juice helps

Pennywise
10-21-2015, 01:37 PM
They went in but couldn't get it and ended up putting a stint in my Johnson to try to help it pass. :eek: You talk about bleeding out for 48 hours. I'm not sure if the thing is still in there or not I have an appointment to find out tomorrow at the hospital. When I came to and the good Dr. told me they were unable to retrieve it I was not a happy boy.

Yikes!

Bwana
10-21-2015, 01:38 PM
Yikes!

Yeah can't wait for them to dive in there and dig that bad boy out. :shake:

seclark
10-21-2015, 01:39 PM

:eek::eek:gah!!!
don't they have some kinda deal where you lay in a tub of water and they hit you with some kinda sonic waves to bust it up to make it pass easier? i thought i heard about that somewhere.

that would beat the hell out of a penile intrusion.
sec

BucEyedPea
10-21-2015, 01:40 PM
My Dad had them a few years back. I hear that the pain is the closest thing to childbirth that men will feel.

Awesome! :D

Amnorix
10-21-2015, 01:41 PM
Any of you guys ever have them? I got one for the first time in my life and that was by far the most painful experience of my life. It ended up landing me in the hospital in Baltimore. I need to figure out what caused that and not do it anymore. :hmmm:

Yes.

Yes.

DRINK MORE WATER.

seclark
10-21-2015, 01:41 PM
Awesome! :D

go on, get outta here!!!:cuss:
sec

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-21-2015, 01:42 PM

Wholly Mother of God ! Feel for you man. :shake:

Lex Luthor
OMG, you have my sympathies.

I've had them a couple of times, and I've had to go to the ER and get drugged up with morphine, but I've never had them tell me they have to put a stent in my Johnson.

Dartgod
CP, I am disappoint.

Drink a gallon of antifreeze to help dissolve them.

Pennywise
10-21-2015, 01:44 PM
Yeah can't wait for them to dive in there and dig that bad boy out. :shake:

Even bigger yikes. I'd ask for sedation.

Bwana
10-21-2015, 01:45 PM
don't they have some kinda deal where you lay in a tub of water and they hit you with some kinda sonic waves to bust it up to make it pass easier? i thought i heard about that somewhere.

sec

Oh trust me, you're correct.

Nurse Ratchet kept coming in at night and waking me up every hour to do various things to me including several ultrasounds to check fluid level in my bladder. I kept telling her I wasn't pregnant. Things were ok until she got a read over 300, something rather and it came back at 400 something. The old hide wanted to install a catheter. I told her she got a bad read and to hit the road. I got up and took another burning piss and the next time she did it the level was fine.

seclark

a fuckin weeks worth.
sec

BucEyedPea
I have never had them, but maybe it is in part due to my love of cranberry juice. Sorry you had to deal with them! A buddy of mine was set to have surgery to remove his and when they scanned him at the hospital one last time before the surgery, they were gone. They must have disintegrated and he peed them out. Lucky!!

I used to know of a cleanse that internally dissolves or does something to them. The lady who passed it onto me doesn't live here anymore. She swears by it. I did her gallstone cleanse, and swear to god, hundreds of them passed. I felt like a quarry that morning. Her mother did it and brought them into the doctor who recommended surgery and he couldn't believe his eyes.

srvy
10-21-2015, 01:46 PM
It must have REALLY hurt like hell for you to drive from Billings Montana to Baltimore MD.

My brother just had quadruple bypass surgery about 12 days ago and he still said his kidney stones hurt much worse followed by his gout then the bypass.

Thought he was dying with the kidney stones.

If you are NOT a big drinker of water everyday, start now!

This!

I have had 2 co-workers get kidney stones. The pain freaked them out and to this day are never seen with out a bottle of water at hand. The doc said men get these things because they typically dehydrate themselves so much. He told them to hydrate often to reduce rick of recurring. I guess they have heeded the advice.

mdchiefsfan
10-21-2015, 01:47 PM
Should've let me know you were in town. I could've brought you some water. :D

BucEyedPea
10-21-2015, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by Pennywise

a ****in weeks worth.
sec

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZLlLtSG7xe4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Amnorix

sec

Kind of depends on the size, as I understand it. Super tiny means "go home, drink lots of water, and pee it out. Oh, and it will feel like you're pissing razor blades, and don't worry about the blood in your urine."

Slightly bigger may mean either removal via catheter etc., with or without sonic treatment to "break them up".

Bigger than that, even, means surgery to dig them directly out. They prefer you to pee them out (at phenomenal pain) rather than do the surgery though.

I have only experience phase one of the misery. First thing I noticed was lower back pain. So severe I thought I was going to throw up while sitting at a Friendly's. I had to go to the car while my family finished dinner.

A day or three later or whatever it was "oh, hey, my piss is blood red. That's not something I'm used to seeing. Let's call a doctor fucking IMMEDIATELY."

I had no idea the back pain was related, but it was.

They did a scan and found a SUPER tiny kidney stone or three. Like unbelievably small. Could barely see them small. I'm like "those caused phenomenal back pain and made me piss blood?!?" Yep.

I passed them without further pain (thank God), and have been MUCH better about drinking water since. That shit will make you find religion on the subject of drinking water pretty goddamn fast.

Fire Me Boy!
http://lovelace-media.imgix.net/uploads/489/4b680be0-fd76-0132-4fa6-0ec273752cbd.gif

Bwana

Of you can bet your last dime on that.

Bwana
10-21-2015, 01:50 PM
Should've let me know you were in town. I could've brought you some water. :D

At one point I would have asked for a Glock rather than water.

DMAC
10-21-2015, 01:51 PM
I used to know of a cleanse that internally dissolves or does something to them. The lady who passed it onto me doesn't live here anymore. She swears by it. I did her gallstone cleanse, and swear to god, hundreds of them passed. I felt like a quarry that morning. Her mother did it and brought them into the doctor who recommended surgery and he couldn't believe his eyes.

That's very helpful.

Amnorix
10-21-2015, 01:54 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-VpmcTq_9ieE/UuA_ljUNEtI/AAAAAAAAEzA/PIlTLd6Fnd0/s1600/download+(1).jpg

seclark
10-21-2015, 01:54 PM
years and years ago(70's) my mom had to have one surgically removed because it wouldn't pass. very serious operation back then.

after it was over, the doc told her the stone was large and covered w/spurs, which added a lot to the pain.
sec

BucEyedPea
10-21-2015, 01:55 PM
That's very helpful.

I can probably get it, but only if he's interested.

Pennywise
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-VpmcTq_9ieE/UuA_ljUNEtI/AAAAAAAAEzA/PIlTLd6Fnd0/s1600/download+(1).jpg

LMAO

Hog's Gone Fishin
That's very helpful.

ROFL That's what I was thinking . Kinda like dangling a carrot.

Bwana
10-21-2015, 01:56 PM
On a side note one of the meds they gave me was oxycodone, primarily for the flight home if something happened. They told me to take a couple before I got on the plane which I did. I honestly don't know how anyone can get hooked on those things. I hate how they make me feel and it messed with my sleep.

WhawhaWhat
10-21-2015, 01:56 PM
Rockies' catcher Miguel Olivo passes kidney stone, keeps playing (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Rockies-catcher-Miguel-Olivo-passes-kidney-ston?urn=mlb,237573)

Pennywise
10-21-2015, 01:57 PM
years and years ago(70's) my mom had to have one surgically removed because it wouldn't pass. very serious operation back then.

after it was over, the doc told her the stone was large and covered w/spurs, which added a lot to the pain.
sec

With big sharp jingly rowels. Good luck with that Bwana.

Prison Bitch
10-21-2015, 01:58 PM
Had one during the playoffs last year, went to the ER, felt like a spear was plunged into my side. I was in the floor vomiting everywhere.

Sound fun?

Bwana

Sure do it.

I have one recipe but I'm game for a bonus recipe. One go around of this is enough.

Hog's Gone Fishin

Pretty sure I can say he'd rather you present the formula to drink than ANY of the other options.

seclark
10-21-2015, 01:59 PM
Had one during the playoffs last year, went to the ER, felt like a spear was plunged into my side. I was in the floor vomiting everywhere.

Sound fun?

well, if i was watching you do it, sure.
sec

ptlyon
10-21-2015, 02:02 PM
Hey Bwana - if you're just laying around out there, do me a favor and see if there are any seafood places that I can get mail order. Lobster, clams, mussels, etc. Thanks!

Otter
10-21-2015, 02:04 PM
Wow, I'm not reading anymore of this thread. Sorry, bud! Get well.

Prison Bitch
10-21-2015, 02:08 PM
well, if i was watching you do it, sure.
sec

The good news is that's the only time I've ever been to a hospital. I take good care of myself and my diet. Feel sorry for those who have medical or addiction or obesity problems, wow.

BucEyedPea
10-21-2015, 02:14 PM
On a side note one of the meds they gave me was oxycodone, primarily for the flight home if something happened. They told me to take a couple before I got on the plane which I did. I honestly don't know how anyone can get hooked on those things. I hate how they make me feel and it messed with my sleep.

Yep! Those are in the same family as heroin. Doesn't surprise me that people get hooked.

vailpass
10-21-2015, 02:16 PM
Sorry to hear it brother. This too shall pass.
Don't let your meat loaf...

gblowfish
10-21-2015, 02:29 PM
Hope you feel better soon. Hang in there.

cosmo20002
10-21-2015, 02:31 PM

Holy shit it hurts.

From what I've read, there's not a lot you can do to avoid them. The dietary stuff hasn't been proven. Some people just seem to get them, and if you have one, you're more likely to get another.

cosmo20002
10-21-2015, 02:36 PM

Shit, I didn't have to do that. They sent me home with painkillers and told me to drink water and piss in a cup until I saw a little stone in the cup. Eventually I saw the stone and was it was bigger than I figured. Didn't feel a thing on the way out.

cosmo20002
10-21-2015, 02:43 PM
Kind of depends on the size, as I understand it. Super tiny means "go home, drink lots of water, and pee it out. Oh, and it will feel like you're pissing razor blades, and don't worry about the blood in your urine."

Slightly bigger may mean either removal via catheter etc., with or without sonic treatment to "break them up".

Bigger than that, even, means surgery to dig them directly out. They prefer you to pee them out (at phenomenal pain) rather than do the surgery though.

I have only experience phase one of the misery. First thing I noticed was lower back pain. So severe I thought I was going to throw up while sitting at a Friendly's. I had to go to the car while my family finished dinner.

That's exactly how I felt. First I thought I had strained my back. Then it felt like a stomach ache and I needed to shit but couldn't. Finally, just agony. I thought maybe my appendix had burst or something.

Had a 2nd one about a year later but recognized the symptoms and drove myself to the hospital. It did reach agony level in the waiting room, though. I do make it a point to drink more water now and haven't had one since.

seclark
10-21-2015, 02:43 PM
Eventually I saw the stone and was it was bigger than I figured. Didn't feel a thing on the way out.

bragger
sec

Brock
10-21-2015, 02:50 PM
Dehydration causes them for most people who get them. If you feel another one coming on, get a half dozen lemons and drink the juice. It will soften the stone up.

Prison Bitch
10-21-2015, 02:52 PM
There's plenty you can do to avoid them: drink water. I was never aware of my water intake. I did a piss test a few years ago for a job and noticed then my urine was a bit dark. So I know I wasn't hydrated enough.

Eleazar
10-21-2015, 03:03 PM
Dehydration, supplementing calcium, supplementing vitamin D, infections, very high protein diet

Bwana
10-21-2015, 03:06 PM
Hey Bwana - if you're just laying around out there, do me a favor and see if there are any seafood places that I can get mail order. Lobster, clams, mussels, etc. Thanks!

I checked out yesterday early afternoon, sucked it up and flew back to Montana. I figured I could get the same care here if needed. There is something wrong about being 2000 miles from your house in a hospital bed.

scho63
10-21-2015, 04:07 PM
I checked out yesterday early afternoon, sucked it up and flew back to Montana. I figured I could get the same care here if needed. There is something wrong about being 2000 miles from your house in a hospital bed.

I don't know if you were at John Hopkins in Baltimore but most of the nurses all around the city are pretty fugly and mean! Not the best town for hot women although John Hopkins is Top 5 hospital in the US

10-21-2015, 04:12 PM

Alright you're making me cringe just reading this. good luck dude, hopefully your ugly one eyed monster can puke that thing up.

notorious
10-21-2015, 04:40 PM
JFC :eek:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-N4Nhkj6s1F4/TcElNNoVtUI/AAAAAAAAAB8/zv5lWXbbh7I/s1600/kidney-stones-3.jpg

https://craftandrant.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/kidney_stone_stag_horn.jpg?w=605&h=575

https://sp.yimg.com/xj/th?id=OIP.Mc6a75fbe404826b96ebe74f5cf0b442eo0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

10-21-2015, 04:47 PM
Well here's some dos and donuts goddamn that's nasty hope I never get that shit

kccrow
10-21-2015, 04:51 PM
Have had the uric acid type. Pain. Immense fucking pain. Drink alot of Water and Cranberry Juice. Papaya and Banana are good for helping with the healing process. Good luck with them sumbitches.

BigOlChiefsfan
10-21-2015, 04:52 PM
BTDT - it sucks. You have my sympathy

First - if you take calcium supplements (or if your multivitamin has a ton of calcium) talk to your doc following this attack. If you NEED calcium - and some folks do - consider changing the vitamin to another variety, as this ain't working. In fact, review other drugs that you're taking w/this in mind - kidney stones come from somewhere, figure out what you have 'too much' of and knock it off. They're usually calcium, but can form from other minerals (magnesium, etc...) If you drink a lot of milk, eat a lot of yogurt and spinach and take a multivitamin you might need to review what goes down the piehole.

2nd - acidify yourself w/your drinks from now on. Cranberry juice has been mentioned, lemonade or lemon water is another to consider (diet lemonade is ok). Look for an ingredient w/'citrate' in it's name. Citrate is your friend. Have a slice of lemon or 2 in every glass of water or tea from now on, then have another glass. You need to keep water going thru the system (not beer - sorry. Ask me how I know)

If that thing is still in there (and I suspect it is - you usually know when they leave) you might ask for lithotripsy (sp??) Litho means 'stone' and 'tripsy' means they dope you up good, the way I figure it. They sit you in a warm bath and bombard you w/sound waves or something similar while you're 'hopped up on goofballs'. It helps to break up a kidney stone, makes it a lot easier to pee it out. You want 'gravel' instead of a 'boulder' going thru that tube. And it can be fairly pleasant, compared to them shoving tubes up your woohoo.

http://www.webmd.com/kidney-stones/news/20151013/calcium-supplements-tied-to-kidney-stone-risk-in-study

Beware of the painpills. They'll give you some danged powerful stuff. There are side effects you don't think of, so if you get a pill you're not familiar with, go to that link above and look 'em up. They can make you turn into a cannibal who can't poop, that sort of thing. Not as much fun as it may sound.

Mr. Laz
10-21-2015, 04:59 PM
No kidney stones but my gallstones hurt like fuck.

BigOlChiefsfan
10-21-2015, 05:07 PM
My gallstones recently have been kicking my butt, too. If you live long enough, everything breaks.

http://www.earthclinic.com/cures/gallbladder-attack-treatment5.html#acvlj

http://www.earthclinic.com/cures/gallbladder-attack-treatment5-editors-choice.html

spanky 52
10-21-2015, 05:47 PM
Sorry to hear. My wife had them several years ago and she claims it hurts worse than childbirth. And for the Doctor to put a stent up in your kidney isn't a ride you get at Disneyland. Hope you get better soon.

Gonzo
10-21-2015, 07:04 PM
There once was a guy named Bwana.
Who's pecker had the drip from Tijuana.
He might be an excellent mod,
But he has an infected rod.
The doc said "pee" but he said I don't wanna.

EPodolak
10-21-2015, 08:20 PM
The only kidney stone I had was several years ago and happened because at the time I was taking calcium supplements daily. I quit doing that and haven't had one again.

Gonzo
10-21-2015, 08:31 PM
The only kidney stone I had was several years ago and happened because at the time I was taking calcium supplements daily. I quit doing that and haven't had one again.

The only thing guys like Bwana and I eat are Elk hearts and we only drink Stout Lager or burbon.
Vitamins are for pussies.

Discuss Thrower
10-21-2015, 08:34 PM
They fucking suck. Sorry to hear you've got 'em.

DenverChief
10-21-2015, 09:00 PM

YES! Sodium, Calcium, Carbonated beverages and something else - good lord I have had 5!

Fairplay
10-21-2015, 09:16 PM
never had them myself, but my brother in law has had them for years. they've removed them at the hospital, but a few months ago, he removed one himself via a tweezers.:eek:

no shit...dug it out of his pecker w/a tweezers...brrrr!

they told him it could be from all the soda and tea he drinks.

get well, bwana
sec

https://tvrecappersanonymous.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/schmidt-passout-sowk7.gif

Groves
10-21-2015, 10:52 PM
For many years I was on the "annual" plan. 1 per year.

Then I cut out soda and I only got them once every 2.5 years....but they were huge and had to be "fetched".

Obviously....I drink all the soda I want these days.

BigRock
10-22-2015, 12:41 AM
People get different kinds of stones for different reasons. What works for someone else probably won't work for you, so don't listen to anyone's diatary advice.

For instance, there are multiple posts mentioning cranberry juice. In general, it's good for your kidneys and urinary tract. And there is a rare type of stone it can help prevent. But the most common type of kidney stone is calcium oxalate. Cranberry juice raises your oxalate level. So if that's what you have, not only wouldn't cranberry juice help, it would just raise your odds of having another one.

When the stone comes out, they'll test it to find out what type of stone it is. Then they can help you prevent it accordingly. And ideally see a second doctor like a urologist to make sure he gives you the same advice, because some doctors know more about them than others.

Buehler445
10-22-2015, 05:26 AM

WTF? NO! They cut up your hang down and didn't even get it? That's grounds for murder.

All the best, friend. I'm going to drink a shitton of water. Right now.

mdchiefsfan
10-22-2015, 07:00 AM
At one point I would have asked for a Glock rather than water.

LMAO it's Baltimore; you'd have a better shot finding an RPG than a heinous handgun.

Eleazar
10-22-2015, 07:08 AM
If they are the size of the ones pictured, they were probably removed surgically. Before it got to that point they'd do an ESWL if they are below a certain size or a laser lithotripsy (using a scope, like a colonoscopy) to destroy the stones, so you can expel them on your own.

BigMeatballDave
10-22-2015, 07:15 AM
Ugh. No thanks, I'll stick with cancer.

:)

BigMeatballDave
10-22-2015, 07:19 AM
http://lovelace-media.imgix.net/uploads/489/4b680be0-fd76-0132-4fa6-0ec273752cbd.gif

LMAO I was just about to post the video from Youtube.

Swanman
10-22-2015, 07:31 AM
I have had like 15 in my life. Mainly from too much caffeine and not enough water. The easy part is pissing it out, as long as they are fairly small. The pain is like a severely pulled back muscle and you can't get comfortable and the pain is constant. I had a double-stone attack once and had to go to the ER and got familiar with the wonderful drug demerol. I could still feel the pain, it just felt like it was across the room.

Rausch
10-22-2015, 08:00 AM
The wife just had stones blasted out of her 2nd kidney.

Found out she has stones again in her 1st kidney (that she had blasted about 6 months ago.)

I'm starting to wonder if she's one of those "strange addictions" people who eat limestone or something...

Bwana
10-22-2015, 09:28 AM
LMAO it's Baltimore; you'd have a better shot finding an RPG than a heinous handgun.

:D

I just got a call from the doc that did the operation and failed to retrieve the stone. He was under the impression I was still in Baltimore. :spock:

Bottom line, if you're ever admitted to the hospital watch everything and take notes because these people don't seem to communicate at all. The guy asked me twice before the operation which side the stone was on.

I finally grabbed a pen and wrote "stones on this side" next to my right kidney. The look on his face was priceless but at least I didn't wake up with a "gee we went into the wrong kidney, sorry."

ROYC75
10-22-2015, 10:26 AM
:hmmm:

Let's see, the 1st time I had one, it hit me like a tone of bricks!:eek: OMG, I doubled over in severe pain. I mean like no pain I have ever felt! I had no idea why I was hurting,it came on all at once, out of the blue, BOOM. I felt like Godzilla himself kicked me in the gut and then was coming out of me. That damn thing came like a cocklebur! Ripped me open and I bled like a pig that had it's dick cut off!:eek::eek::eek::cuss::cuss:

The next time it was a month after my 12/07 heart attack. I had 3 of them too big to pass in both kidneys. One was so large and stuck right where the kidney drained into the tube to the bladder, blocking off the way it drains. Since it was so close to my H/A and being on blood thinners, the heart doctor would not release me for surgery then. They went in and stuck tubes on each kidney to the bladder. Each end was curled up in a pigtail, so every time you walked, you could feel them move, scraping the inner walls of your organs, constantly bleeding. I had to take daily meds to combat the risk of infection and the bleeding. 6 months, 6 freaking months I wore them bad bitches until they went in and surgically removed them.

WATER,DRINK LOTS OF IT....... I don't care for cranberry juice, but I take cranberry extract daily and drink lots of apple juice now.

I want no more to do with these bitches!:cuss:

ROYC75
10-22-2015, 10:31 AM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-N4Nhkj6s1F4/TcElNNoVtUI/AAAAAAAAAB8/zv5lWXbbh7I/s1600/kidney-stones-3.jpg

https://craftandrant.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/kidney_stone_stag_horn.jpg?w=605&h=575

https://sp.yimg.com/xj/th?id=OIP.Mc6a75fbe404826b96ebe74f5cf0b442eo0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

These MF's hit me my 1st time!

OMG the pain of one coming out and how it makes you feel during and after is nothing anybody needs to experience.

BucEyedPea
10-22-2015, 12:36 PM
The wife just had stones blasted out of her 2nd kidney.

Found out she has stones again in her 1st kidney (that she had blasted about 6 months ago.)

I'm starting to wonder if she's one of those "strange addictions" people who eat limestone or something...

If you had them once, you are a candidate to get them again.

mdchiefsfan
10-22-2015, 01:07 PM
:D

I just got a call from the doc that did the operation and failed to retrieve the stone. He was under the impression I was still in Baltimore. :spock:

Bottom line, if you're ever admitted to the hospital watch everything and take notes because these people don't seem to communicate at all. The guy asked me twice before the operation which side the stone was on.

I finally grabbed a pen and wrote "stones on this side" next to my right kidney. The look on his face was priceless but at least I didn't wake up with a "gee we went into the wrong kidney, sorry."

:eek: which hospital is this? Asking for a friend.

ROYC75
10-22-2015, 01:36 PM
If you had them once, you are a candidate to get them again.

Yep! Happened to me!

ModSocks
10-22-2015, 01:41 PM
Ughhh.....i don't want to get old. Kidney Stones? Catheters?

Fuck that shit. Just kill me.

ModSocks
10-22-2015, 01:42 PM

These things...come out of your dick?

Please say it isn't so. I'll have nightmares for years.

notorious
10-22-2015, 01:45 PM
So I've been told.

I am going to have the Culligan man deliver a refill for my water cooler daily after reading this thread.

Bwana
10-22-2015, 01:46 PM

Not always. :hmmm:

BucEyedPea
10-22-2015, 01:47 PM
Ughhh.....i don't want to get old. Kidney Stones? Catheters?

**** that shit. Just kill me.

Why? Everybody's gotta get stoned!

ModSocks
10-22-2015, 01:50 PM
Why? Everybody's gotta get stoned!

That's not the kinda stoned i like being.

The idea of something coming out of my dick that isn't piss or jizz makes my skin crawl.

The thought of a catheter makes me cringe. I'm literally cringing right now.

Stewie
10-22-2015, 01:58 PM
I've known two people that had horrible experiences with kidney stones. The first thing the doctors told them were to knock off drinking so much coffee (big coffee drinkers). It's a diuretic and MAY be a reason for the stones. There's nothing conclusive, but neither guy has had a problem since. Who knows?

Bwana
10-22-2015, 02:17 PM
That's not the kinda stoned i like being.

The idea of something coming out of my dick that isn't piss or jizz makes my skin crawl.

The thought of a catheter makes me cringe. I'm literally cringing right now.

Dude I had so much blood discharging from my Johnson after the procedure I thought I may need a transfusion. The entire front of the hospital gown was soaked. They changed it and the 2nd one looked about the same after an hour. I took a picture with my iPhone and sent it to a few of my buddies asking "how's you night going? here's mine" :D

Bwana
10-22-2015, 02:29 PM
Side note: the local dick doc is going to go in again Nov 12 to get the stones. I told him if I woke up again and they were still in there, he was going to have a bad day. I also told him to fire up a jackhammer if that's what it took, but get them the fuck out.

notorious
10-22-2015, 02:38 PM
Dude I had so much blood discharging from my Johnson after the procedure I thought I may need a transfusion. The entire front of the hospital gown was soaked. They changed it and the 2nd one looked about the same after an hour. I took a picture with my iPhone and sent it to a few of my buddies asking "how's you night going? here's mine" :D

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/joaquin-phoenix-shock-signs.gif

HemiEd
10-22-2015, 02:50 PM
I heard they hurt and you should stop doing whatever caused them. :D

ROYC75
10-22-2015, 03:09 PM

Uh, yeah! My 1st one ripped me open, I felt like my dick was filleted.:eek:

Now, some of the others, no so, smoother.

BigOlChiefsfan
12-14-2015, 05:01 PM
It's a month past Nov 12th - is everything working like it ought to again? Or should we still point and laugh?

bevischief
12-14-2015, 05:28 PM
PM him and Bob Dole.

Mennonite
12-14-2015, 06:09 PM
I had one a few years ago. It got infected. I was hurting from my crotch to half way up my back. I was having some serious trouble with my sciatic nerve at the time (I could barely walk) and between the two, the nerve issue was more painful.

As usual, i neglected to go to the doctor for way too long. I was extremely sick from the infection and couldn't eat or drink anything; everything tasted like metal and I couldn't keep anything down. Between the stone and the nerve pain i was running on zero sleep and, frankly, I was losing it.

JakeLV
12-14-2015, 06:19 PM
Yep. Woke me up in the middle of the night. Drove myself to the hospital, they told me to pee in a cup, so I did and found the little thing in there.

Handed it to the guy and left.

09-06-2018, 10:38 PM

Just curious, did you have any warning signs like abdominal aches and pains? Or did it just hit you all at once?

DenverChief
09-06-2018, 10:46 PM
Just curious, did you have any warning signs like abdominal aches and pains? Or did it just hit you all at once?

Usually aches at the kidneys then a moving pain around your side(s) towards your bladder. Dark urine can indicate blood in the urine which is a sign of a stone moving around. Go see a doc, simple pee test can determine if you are having a stone.

09-06-2018, 10:58 PM
Usually aches at the kidneys then a moving pain around your side(s) towards your bladder. Dark urine can indicate blood in the urine which is a sign of a stone moving around. Go see a doc, simple pee test can determine if you are having a stone.

Already went once and they called it some unspecified abdominal issue in the colon. But everyday this week, I'm feeling more and more like it might be a kidney stone. Hate going to doctors only to have them spend my money guessing at the issue.

Prison Bitch
09-06-2018, 11:05 PM
Deepest sympathies, they're awful.

I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I would however, wish it upon HamasJenkins

RippedmyFlesh
09-07-2018, 12:53 AM
Already went once and they called it some unspecified abdominal issue in the colon. But everyday this week, I'm feeling more and more like it might be a kidney stone. Hate going to doctors only to have them spend my money guessing at the issue.

That's why it's called practicing medicine.

09-07-2018, 01:15 AM
That's why it's called practicing medicine.

I consider what they do now more of "raping the bank account" Now it is run 50 tests and still come away with minimal information. Seems like the more tests the create, the less the test says.

RippedmyFlesh
09-07-2018, 01:21 AM
I consider what they do now more of "raping the bank account" Now it is run 50 tests and still come away with minimal information. Seems like the more tests the create, the less the test says.

Knock on wood I stopped getting stones when I was in my 20's. But they always knew when I went to the er. I was like fucking Norm on Cheers at my er for a bit. The only thing I can tell you is I had back issues and stones and the way to tell them apart for me was the stones were like waves of pain as opposed to a steady pain.

SuperBowl4
09-07-2018, 08:08 AM
cut out cheese and ice cream

Bwana
09-07-2018, 09:11 AM

You know, I went to bed and I was fine, then woke up sometime during the night with the worst pain I have ever felt in my life, I was sweating and throwing up it hurt so bad. During the ride to the Mickey Mouse fly by night hospital, every time the taxi would hit a bump, it felt like I was getting stuck with a knife. If you have a large kidney stone, my guess is you will know it.

On a side note, it hasn't happened again, thank God.

- Knocks on wood.

srvy
09-07-2018, 10:56 AM
I can pick out in a crowd guys who have passed a stone. Hint they wont be far from a bottle or glass of water. Drink your recommended amount of water or even more and eliminate them they aren't fun.

PmCakes
09-07-2018, 11:05 AM
I keep hearing about this tumeric magic stuff but I thought it was anti inflemmatory or whatever

RippedmyFlesh
09-07-2018, 11:07 AM
You know, I went to bed and I was fine, then woke up sometime during the night with the worst pain I have ever felt in my life, I was sweating and throwing up it hurt so bad. During the ride to the Mickey Mouse fly by night hospital, every time the taxi would hit a bump, it felt like I was getting stuck with a knife. If you have a large kidney stone, my guess is you will know it.

On a side note, it hasn't happened again, thank God.

- Knocks on wood.

They always happen at 3am it seems they never hit during normal hours.

gblowfish
09-07-2018, 11:09 AM
Sorry to hear that you had to go through that. Hope you get back to normal soon!

BIG_DADDY
09-07-2018, 11:09 AM
I keep hearing about this tumeric magic stuff but I thought it was anti inflemmatory or whatever

Inflammation and kidney stones are not the same thing.

BIG_DADDY
09-07-2018, 11:23 AM
I know a lot of people who use stone breaker from herb pharm. You should use it for a couple weeks quarterly to keep them from forming.

You can get an x-ray to see how many you have and how big they are if they are there. Treatments vary according to what you have.

CarlosCarson27
10-17-2020, 03:11 PM
No

TLO
10-17-2020, 03:41 PM
Sometimes they can take 2-3 weeks. Some doctors will prescribed flomax because it dilates the ureters and aids passing. The pain will vary, but unlikely you'd want to do a tri. Best of luck.

One hell of a bump!

chefsos
10-17-2020, 04:14 PM
One hell of a bump!Well, then I'll throw one in here. I had one in 1998, went to the hospital. They put a stent in there, presumably to help it along its path. I walked around for three weeks with that thing, pissing through a little screened funnel to catch it once I gave birth. Wanna squirm now?

It did create a real-life meme at work, though. Anytime the guys would have something go wrong the answer was always, "Well, it's still better than a tube shoved up your dick."

Bwana
10-17-2020, 04:26 PM
Thank God I haven't had one again. (knocks on wood)

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-17-2020, 04:27 PM
Sometimes they can take 2-3 weeks. Some doctors will prescribed flomax because it dilates the ureters and aids passing. The pain will vary, but unlikely you'd want to do a tri. Best of luck.

Mechanistically it makes sense due to the alpha blockade, but studies show no improvement in passage over placebo.

10-17-2020, 04:31 PM
Thank God I haven't had one again. (knocks on wood)

Have you increased your water intake since then?

Bwana
10-17-2020, 04:40 PM
Have you increased your water intake since then?

Yeah I try to get in 80 oz a day and do most days. It's hurts just to think about. I don't wish that on anyone. I can't believe that was 5 years ago. Oh, and this was the Mickey Mouse hospital.

https://www.umms.org/sjmc

scho63
10-17-2020, 04:59 PM
Not drinking enough water and being dehydrated cause multiple issues:

1. Kidney stones
2. Gout attacks
3. Heat stroke
4. Low blood sugar and diabetes complications
5. Low electrolytes and heart palpitations

So many issues from low water / liquid levels