PDA

View Full Version : Royals my phone died last night while I was in a Ned Yost fit of rage

Hootie
10-24-2015, 08:24 AM
but the funniest thing, for me, this postseason is simple

there was a GDT this year where I, of course, spent 2 fucking hours arguing about a fly ball to CF where Jirschele didn't sent Morales from 3rd with Kiermaier in centerfield with 0 outs ...

and about 5 people concluded ...

MIKE JIRSCHELE WAS GOING TO LOSE US POSTSEASON GAMES.

And we'll end this thread there.

TLO
10-24-2015, 08:25 AM
http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/visual/whatshot/RevereTrash102315.gif

Why Not?
10-24-2015, 08:26 AM
Feel great for Jirsch. Guy took shit last year for not allowing Alex Gordon to but out by a mile

petegz28
10-24-2015, 08:27 AM
I also remember you ranting and throwing temper tantrums about Esky batting leadoff and not Gordon...

And we'll end this thread there

DeezNutz
10-24-2015, 08:30 AM
I lost my fucking shit for an hour after Yost's idiocy in the 8th. And then the Royals (and fucking Wade fucking Davis) completely cover it.

What a motherfucking game.

petegz28
10-24-2015, 08:33 AM
I lost my ****ing shit for an hour after Yost's idiocy in the 8th. And then the Royals (and ****ing Wade ****ing Davis) completely cover it.

What a mother****ing game.

Dude I don't think there is a Royals fan in the world that wasn't losing their shit at that point. And then to watch Davis get out of the tying run on 3rd with 0 outs?????

Last year's ALCS win was awesome but this one...this one was ****ing historical for Royals fans

SAUTO
10-24-2015, 08:34 AM
Why would anyone doubt Ned fucking yost at this point.

Bob Dole
10-24-2015, 08:38 AM
Bob Dole hit record and went to bed when they pulled out the tarp.

The Royals have won every game that Bob Dole went to bed on this year.

DeezNutz
10-24-2015, 08:40 AM
Why would anyone doubt Ned ****ing yost at this point.

Results?

If Madson holds the fort, Yost is proven "right," though the decision would have still been wrong. But this obviously didn't happen. Team bailed Yost out on a fireable offense.

SAUTO
10-24-2015, 08:49 AM
Results?

If Madson holds the fort, Yost is proven "right," though the decision would have still been wrong. But this obviously didn't happen. Team bailed Yost out on a fireable offense.

This team seems to NEED somone to bail out. They love it. They love to band together and help make up for someone's mistake.

They need Ned Yost. And I like to think he knows it and does it on purpose.

I mean, it's the only explanation, right?

Hootie
10-24-2015, 09:01 AM
admittedly, I was in full fledged panic mode when Pompey stole 2nd and 3rd ...

but 1st and 3rd with 0 outs I knew there was 1 fucking guy who could get out of that ...

and his name is Wade Davis.

What a game.

But again, I'll never get over the fact Ned let Madson pitch to Jose Bautista, the tying run, with 5 outs left up 2 when our next game would be ON TUESDAY.

You give the ball to Wade ... and if he loses, he loses. Nothing to gripe about. Their best guys beat our best guy.

BUT
WHAT
WERE
WE
SAVING
DAVIS
FOR
?

Indefensible, and it's stuff like that that will prevent Ned from ever being the game's elite manager.

Prison Bitch
10-24-2015, 09:04 AM
Ace Price with 3 earned in 6.2 (over 4.00 era yet again). In a 4-3 loss.

Aces matter.

Hootie
10-24-2015, 09:06 AM
Price was fantastic last night.

ChiefsCountry
10-24-2015, 09:06 AM
Dude I don't think there is a Royals fan in the world that wasn't losing their shit at that point. And then to watch Davis get out of the tying run on 3rd with 0 outs?????

I wasn't losing my shit. I told everybody all day yesterday and in the GDT we were going to win and to be calm.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-24-2015, 09:08 AM
Ace Price with 3 earned in 6.2 (over 4.00 era yet again). In a 4-3 loss.

Aces matter.

Wow...just wow

Hootie
10-24-2015, 09:10 AM
I wasn't losing my shit. I told everybody all day yesterday and in the GDT we were going to win and to be calm.

I like you, man ... and you were ... but you took the 'optimistic' approach to an extreme

every Royals fan in the world deserved to "lose their shit" Pete style on that HR ball to Bautista.

I would have been fine if Davis gave it up. Their best beat our best. Fine.

But leaving Madson in for that?

Inexcusable. And I even told my friend after Davis got out of it ... the Royals were still heavy favorites at 3-3 because of the bullpen matchups and being at home ...

but it should never have taken that

SAUTO
10-24-2015, 09:10 AM

My daughter told me during the break that Cain was going to score (he's her favorite player) and it took quite a bit to keep myself from telling her to shut the hell up.

She was right and awfully happy about it.

DeezNutz
10-24-2015, 09:11 AM
Price's ability to adjust in-game and dominate was really fucking impressive.

okcchief
10-24-2015, 09:12 AM
I started not posting during games because I felt like it was distracting me from watching and enjoying the game. Now it's a full fledged superstition because they've done better since I stopped :)

Hootie
10-24-2015, 09:14 AM
Price kind of showed me why Ace is nothing more than a #2, #3 guy ...

Price has a ridiculous repertoire

SAUTO
10-24-2015, 09:14 AM

Yes

Halfcan
10-24-2015, 09:16 AM

Last year's ALCS win was awesome but this one...this one was ****ing historical for Royals fans

This! KC has been programmed to expect the worst. i think that was some of Wade's best pitching- just calm and went about his business. :clap:

DeezNutz
10-24-2015, 09:16 AM
And Ventura couldn't quite keep his cool. If he cannot stop being such an emotional pussy, he's going to have a difficult time ever being more than a #3 starter. Too easy to take him out of his game.

Same reason Cueto cannot start on the road in a critical game ever again. Crowd starts chanting and he's done.

okcchief
10-24-2015, 09:18 AM
I just couldn't believe it when I saw Madson warming up with the meat of the lineup coming up. He hasn't been good against the Blue Jays either. It was absolutely one of the worst decisions I've ever seen. We all saw that shit coming? Why can't Ned? It was Scott Brooksesque. Watching Andy Reid, Ned Yost and Scott Brooks make decisions these past few years has taken a toll on my sanity. Hopefully one wins in spite of it. Brooks is gone, and hopefully Andy will follow.

TambaBerry
10-24-2015, 09:19 AM
I started not posting during games because I felt like it was distracting me from watching and enjoying the game. Now it's a full fledged superstition because they've done better since I stopped :)

I only post negative stuff when we're not doing very well for reverse mojo

ChiefsCountry
10-24-2015, 09:21 AM
Price kind of showed me why Ace is nothing more than a #2, #3 guy ...

Price has a ridiculous repertoire

Big difference between a 28/29 year old and a 23/24 year old.

Hootie
I just couldn't believe it when I saw Madson warming up with the meat of the lineup coming up. He hasn't been good against the Blue Jays either. It was absolutely one of the worst decisions I've ever seen. We all saw that shit coming? Why can't Ned? It was Scott Brooksesque. Watching Andy Reid, Ned Yost and Scott Brooks make decisions these past few years has taken a toll on my sanity. Hopefully one wins in spite of it. Brooks is gone, and hopefully Andy will follow.

well as Chiefs fans, I admit, at least for me, I expect the worst

so while Madson has been very good this year .. I expected the worst

the only guy that makes me breath easy is Davis

and Herrera if he's throwing strikes

but yeah, even tk13 couldn't justify Madson there, and he justifies everything

okcchief
And Ventura couldn't quite keep his cool. If he cannot stop being such an emotional pussy, he's going to have a difficult time ever being more than a #3 starter. Too easy to take him out of his game.

Same reason Cueto cannot start on the road in a critical game ever again. Crowd starts chanting and he's done.
That's why I think you pitch Cueto game 2 so he pitches both games at the K.

Prison Bitch
10-24-2015, 09:22 AM
Price was fantastic last night.

ERAs over 4 are now "fantastic"? Wow, you've really lowered your standards for an Ace

Hootie
10-24-2015, 09:22 AM
I think you go Volquez / Cueto / Ventura

WITHOUT A DOUBT

Cueto needs to pitch 2 & 6. No more road Cueto.

Hootie
10-24-2015, 09:23 AM
ERAs over 4 are now "fantastic"? Wow, you've really lowered your standards for an Ace

he made 2 mistakes all night ...

he was very good

you, per usual, are very dumb

Price was money last night.

okcchief
10-24-2015, 09:23 AM
well as Chiefs fans, I admit, at least for me, I expect the worst

so while Madson has been very good this year .. I expected the worst

the only guy that makes me breath easy is Davis

and Herrera if he's throwing strikes

but yeah, even tk13 couldn't justify Madson there, and he justifies everything
Yeah that's it. I'm not used to shit going my way. Since 1985 anyway. I'm Alex Smith vs pressure at this point.

Hootie
10-24-2015, 09:24 AM
the Blue Jays win with the HR ball

Madson is susceptible to the HR ball

Davis doesn't give up the HR ball

the decision was simple.

Stuff like that makes me really mad when I'm sitting at a bar table and when 30 guys are sitting on CP and know the right move ... and the manager making a lot of money doesn't

it's pure stubborness

okcchief
10-24-2015, 09:27 AM
Price obviously has sucked overall in the playoffs with an ERA over 5, but he was good last night. David Price kept them in the game.

Toronto pen is overrated IMO. I never felt scarred of them in the least.

Prison Bitch
10-24-2015, 09:28 AM
he made 2 mistakes all night ...

he was very good

you, per usual, are very dumb

Price was money last night.

2 mistakes did contribute to his ERA over 4. And the BJs lost all three of his October starts.

Hootie
10-24-2015, 09:30 AM
stats don't always tell the story

I'm sure you didn't watch but Price was NASTY last night

bevischief
10-24-2015, 09:31 AM

So don't leave bed.

Bearcat
10-24-2015, 09:38 AM

I guess I might have if it was way out of the ordinary for Ned or the team wasn't so freakin' amazing to watch, but everyone knows he's going to let give guys every opportunity to get outs and you know the team will never quit. And regardless of what the chicken littles would have said about game 7, there was still one game to be played.

Of course, none of that makes the decision itself any better and I wouldn't describe the last couple innings as anything in the neighborhood of calm, but they've obviously earned the benefit of the doubt far beyond just about any team.

RealSNR
10-24-2015, 09:42 AM
Remember when I said Madson sucks and people lost their shit with me?

(Since we're talking about obscure shit people once said at some point this season?)

Three7s
10-24-2015, 09:45 AM
I don't think I've ever been as mad about a Ned Yost managerial decision as I was last night. It was even worse than bringing in Ventura in last year's wild card game.

petegz28
10-24-2015, 09:46 AM
JFC, Ventura allowed 1 run. 1! Price allowed 3.....that is all

Hootie
10-24-2015, 09:49 AM
Remember when I said Madson sucks and people lost their shit with me?

(Since we're talking about obscure shit people once said at some point this season?)

he doesn't suck

stevieray
10-24-2015, 09:52 AM
man, from almost stroking out with anxiety and pacing like caged rat, to waking up this morning and remembering instantly...WORLD SERIES.

..gonna be a great day, even with the overcast skies.

Saul Good
10-24-2015, 11:43 AM
the Blue Jays win with the HR ball

Madson is susceptible to the HR ball

Davis doesn't give up the HR ball

the decision was simple.

Stuff like that makes me really mad when I'm sitting at a bar table and when 30 guys are sitting on CP and know the right move ... and the manager making a lot of money doesn't

it's pure stubborness

Evidently Davis was pretty sick yesterday. I'd still have gone to him in the 8th, but Yost gets a bit of a pass, I guess. If anything, he should have left Herrera in. Still...at least Yost didn't go completely brain dead. Just mostly brain dead.

RealSNR
10-24-2015, 12:30 PM
he doesn't suck

He's lost us leads in two preseason games in which he gave up multiple earned runs.

He's not good enough to be a set up man for a World Series team like Yost thinks he is. Potato, potahto, whatever you want to call it.

In this series, unless we have a sizable lead, he should never pitch against top order batters, and Herrera needs to take his spot as the 8th inning guy. That's basically what I've been saying all postseason.

And it's possible that we should even give the 7th inning to Hoch, but I'm not adamant about it.

DaneMcCloud
10-24-2015, 12:34 PM
Why would anyone doubt Ned fucking yost at this point.

Because he makes mind numbing decisions that even children can see.

IMO, and I may very well be proven wrong next year due to Ned's retirement, the Royals win in spite of Ned instead of because of Ned.

KChiefs1
10-24-2015, 12:37 PM

Good night

KChiefs1
10-24-2015, 12:39 PM

but 1st and 3rd with 0 outs I knew there was 1 fucking guy who could get out of that ...

What a game.

But again, I'll never get over the fact Ned let Madson pitch to Jose Bautista, the tying run, with 5 outs left up 2 when our next game would be ON TUESDAY.

You give the ball to Wade ... and if he loses, he loses. Nothing to gripe about. Their best guys beat our best guy.

BUT
WHAT
WERE
WE
SAVING
DAVIS
FOR
?

Indefensible, and it's stuff like that that will prevent Ned from ever being the game's elite manager.

Ned's an idiot.

Hootie
10-24-2015, 12:42 PM
He's lost us leads in two preseason games in which he gave up multiple earned runs.

He's not good enough to be a set up man for a World Series team like Yost thinks he is. Potato, potahto, whatever you want to call it.

In this series, unless we have a sizable lead, he should never pitch against top order batters, and Herrera needs to take his spot as the 8th inning guy. That's basically what I've been saying all postseason.

And it's possible that we should even give the 7th inning to Hoch, but I'm not adamant about it.

you didn't watch many Royals games this season, correct?

splatbass
10-24-2015, 12:50 PM
Results?

Fireable? Really?

Two World Series. Enough said.

RealSNR
10-24-2015, 12:53 PM
you didn't watch many Royals games this season, correct?

About 60-70 regular season games if I had to guess.

I saw all of the nationally televised games, all of the Twins games (because I had them on my local Fox Sports network) and whichever ones I had time to illegally stream while doing work at the office.

Hootie
10-24-2015, 12:54 PM
well Madson was great this year.

Better than Herrera.

Blue Jays had his number.

I trust him implicitly against the Mets

ChiefsCountry
10-24-2015, 12:56 PM
Of course this thread is kind of ironic for all the shit that Hootie gave Cardinal fans about Mathney all year.

Hootie
10-24-2015, 12:59 PM
Of course this thread is kind of ironic for all the shit that Hootie gave Cardinal fans about Mathney all year.

?

how so?

Ned Yost made a terrible managerial decision that EVERYONE knew was terrible as it was happening.

Does Mike Matheny have Wade Davis?

Cardinals fans think Matheny should yank Trevor Rosenthal at the first sign of trouble. They are ridiculous.

I'm rational. I get mad when Yost makes incorrect decisions. I don't get mad when Yost makes decisions. See the difference?

DaneMcCloud
10-24-2015, 01:00 PM
Fireable? Really?

Two World Series. Enough said.

You obviously don't remember the Whitey Herzog era.

He won multiple titles but could never get over the hump. Once he was fired, the Royals were in the World Series the following year and won it a few years later.

Sometimes, the talent covers the mistakes of the manager.

Pitt Gorilla
10-24-2015, 01:05 PM
Results?

If Madson holds the fort, Yost is proven "right," though the decision would have still been wrong. But this obviously didn't happen. Team bailed Yost out on a fireable offense.I suppose, but Ned's reasoning wasn't horrible. Davis was very ill. Ned didn't want to have to pitch him on both sides of a rain delay. Of course, he ended up doing just that and it worked, but his reasoning wasn't completely insane.

splatbass
10-24-2015, 01:10 PM

I remember it very well.

The hyperbole here is over the top ridiculous. Two years ago no one thought there was any shot of going to the WS anytime soon. Now we have done it two years in a row and people are still wanting to fire the manager. :facepalm:

Pitt Gorilla
10-24-2015, 01:10 PM

but 1st and 3rd with 0 outs I knew there was 1 ****ing guy who could get out of that ...

What a game.

BUT
WHAT
WERE
WE
SAVING
DAVIS
FOR
?

Indefensible, and it's stuff like that that will prevent Ned from ever being the game's elite manager.He was sick and a rain delay was CLEARLY coming. Good God, people, context.

Pitt Gorilla
10-24-2015, 01:12 PM
I also remember you ranting and throwing temper tantrums about Esky batting leadoff and not Gordon...

And we'll end this thread thereI'll never understand the issue with batting Esky leadoff. He clearly does better at that position in the lineup.

DaneMcCloud
10-24-2015, 01:15 PM
I remember it very well.

The hyperbole here is over the top ridiculous. Two years ago no one thought there was any shot of going to the WS anytime soon. Now we have done it two years in a row and people are still wanting to fire the manager. :facepalm:

Firing Ned is definitely a bit strong but it's also possible that once Ned retires (which is supposedly is going to happen after the World Series), the Royals might actually improve.

It's also possible that they fall apart but I don't think that's likely, especially if they hire someone with a very high baseball acumen and not a newbie.

Bob Dole
10-24-2015, 01:15 PM
So don't leave bed.

Have to watch part of the game.

In other news, Bob Dole watched from home, which is usually a bad thing. Who knew that stuff didn't matter?

splatbass
10-24-2015, 01:41 PM
Firing Ned is definitely a bit strong but it's also possible that once Ned retires (which is supposedly is going to happen after the World Series), the Royals might actually improve.

It's also possible that they fall apart but I don't think that's likely, especially if they hire someone with a very high baseball acumen and not a newbie.

Just allow yourself to enjoy success, you don't have to be negative all the time. World Series are hard to come by, enjoy it while you can. Cubs fans would love to be where we are, yet CP is whining.

lewdog
10-24-2015, 01:53 PM
Ned isn't great but there are more than a dozen other managers in MLB who are way fucking worse.

He doesn't deserve to be fired for anything he's done and the grass isn't always greener.

58kcfan89
10-24-2015, 01:55 PM
I'll never understand the issue with batting Esky leadoff. He clearly does better at that position in the lineup.

BECAUSE IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE AND SABERMETRICS AND STUFF AND 73 WINS!!!!!111!1!1!

But yeah, he seems to do much better at the top of the order. I don't know what the numbers look like, but it feels like the offense as a whole scores more runs when he's up there, but that might just be me making stuff up.

Chiefshrink
10-24-2015, 02:12 PM

Mets players and especially Mets Fans are licking their chops for these two guys for sure.:drool:

Can we afford Price ? No way we should re-sign Cueto. The Reds "knew" what they were getting rid of even IF they were clearing the books.

Hootie
10-24-2015, 02:13 PM
....the rain delay came

and he pitched after said rain delay

lolz

srvy
10-24-2015, 02:22 PM
I just have a feeling when Ned retires our next Manager is on Neds staff. There are several good candidates. Grifol could be snapped by someone after the Series. Wakamatsu is probably being groomed for another chance. Ned was perfect for him to settle him down and not be an uptite hardass.

DaneMcCloud
10-24-2015, 03:09 PM
Just allow yourself to enjoy success, you don't have to be negative all the time. World Series are hard to come by, enjoy it while you can. Cubs fans would love to be where we are, yet CP is whining.

Oh, I'm enjoying it and I'm not negative but it can be very frustrating at times due to Ned's decisions.

Also, I watch with the volume off, which helps me to enjoy it exponentially more than listening to Joe Buck.

carcosa
10-24-2015, 03:58 PM
stats don't always tell the story

I'm sure you didn't watch but Price was NASTY last night

Well, the right stats can tell the story. Fixating on ERA ignores how good Price's stuff was. He was striking out a team that never strikes out and didn't let the Royals put together a big inning. It's never great to give up home runs, but if they're isolated, they're not necessarily a killer. Anybody remember all those solo shots we wasted against the Astros in game 1?

BlackHelicopters
10-24-2015, 04:27 PM
We got this

Buehler445
10-24-2015, 04:35 PM

His shit was good. It's a miracle he keeps getting saddled with losses.

I suppose, but Ned's reasoning wasn't horrible. Davis was very ill. Ned didn't want to have to pitch him on both sides of a rain delay. Of course, he ended up doing just that and it worked, but his reasoning wasn't completely insane.

This is about where I am. If it's me, I try to roll with Davis for the meat of the order and see what he has and send in Hoch if you have to pull him. But I recognize why he did what he did.

petegz28
10-24-2015, 04:47 PM
I would not fire Ned, even if the Madson decision cost us the game. That being said I fully expect him to retire at the end of the season.

petegz28
10-24-2015, 04:48 PM
His shit was good. It's a miracle he keeps getting saddled with losses.

This is about where I am. If it's me, I try to roll with Davis for the meat of the order and see what he has and send in Hoch if you have to pull him. But I recognize why he did what he did.

They said in Price's 7-post season losses he has had a total of 12 runs of support.

Prison Bitch
10-24-2015, 05:01 PM
They said in Price's 7-post season losses he has had a total of 12 runs of support.

Maybe his 5.50 ERA has been demoralizing on his offenses.

petegz28
10-24-2015, 05:03 PM
Maybe his 5.50 ERA has been demoralizing on his offenses.

Maybe but in the 2 games he pitched against us his team put up a combined total of 6 runs.

Prison Bitch
10-24-2015, 05:05 PM
Maybe but in the 2 games he pitched against us his team put up a combined total of 6 runs.

What does any of this have to do with his actual performance?

MTG#10
10-24-2015, 05:35 PM
That's why I think you pitch Cueto game 2 so he pitches both games at the K.

So much this. Cueto on the road is pretty much a guaranteed L at this point. And he'll laugh his way all the way to the bank anyway.

Bob Dole
10-24-2015, 05:41 PM
Maybe it's the food service.

petegz28
10-24-2015, 05:42 PM
So much this. Cueto on the road is pretty much a guaranteed L at this point. And he'll laugh his way all the way to the bank anyway.

Except Cueto has and is used to pitching against NL teams and in their stadiums. This is not Cueto going against an AL team he has never faced in a place he has never played.

Just saying...

DaneMcCloud
10-24-2015, 05:48 PM
Except Cueto has and is used to pitching against NL teams and in their stadiums. This is not Cueto going against an AL team he has never faced in a place he has never played.

Just saying...

I still don't trust him

Buehler445
10-24-2015, 06:23 PM
I still don't trust him

Either do I. Especially in game 1 shitting his pants and having to go to the pen in the 3rd is devistating.

okcchief
10-24-2015, 07:41 PM
Cueto 2 and 6. Have Medlen ready in case of meltdown.

petegz28
10-24-2015, 07:48 PM
right now they are saying Cueto for game 1

threebag
10-24-2015, 07:52 PM
RIP

ChiefsCountry
10-24-2015, 07:54 PM
right now they are saying Cueto for game 1

http://m.royals.mlb.com/news/article/155462326/royals-edinson-volquez-likely-to-start-game-1

petegz28
10-24-2015, 08:08 PM
http://m.royals.mlb.com/news/article/155462326/royals-edinson-volquez-likely-to-start-game-1

ESPN Radio was saying Cueto when I went to go get dinner so ...Volquez is who I'd go with, personally

Lex Luthor
10-24-2015, 08:21 PM

He won multiple titles but could never get over the hump. Once he was fired, the Royals were in the World Series the following year and won it a few years later.

Sometimes, the talent covers the mistakes of the manager.
Sorry, I cannot let that statement go unchallenged. Whitey Herzog was a helluva manager. He took a young team to 3 straight division titles, and they lost to Yankee teams that were simply better. The team finished in second place in 1979, and Kauffman fired Herzog because Muriel Kauffman didn't like him. That was the only really bad decision Ewing Kauffman ever made.

If Herzog was such a bad manager, how was he able to transform the Cardinals from a mediocre team into a team that he took to multiple World Series?

duncan_idaho
10-24-2015, 09:16 PM
When Ned retires, I think there's a good chance the next manager is either Raul Ibanez or Jason Kendall.

I'd much prefer the former. Kendall is such an old school red-ass, it scares me a bit. Kirk Gibson-esque.

Ned made the worst decision he has made in two years last night, but his team bailed him out again.

He's tactically challenged, but it works more often than not.

DaneMcCloud
10-24-2015, 09:18 PM
Sorry, I cannot let that statement go unchallenged. Whitey Herzog was a helluva manager. He took a young team to 3 straight division titles, and they lost to Yankee teams that were simply better. The team finished in second place in 1979, and Kauffman fired Herzog because Muriel Kauffman didn't like him. That was the only really bad decision Ewing Kauffman ever made.

If Herzog was such a bad manager, how was he able to transform the Cardinals from a mediocre team into a team that he took to multiple World Series?

I never, ever said that Herzog was a "bad" manager.

But it was clearly time for a change and the following season was proof.

For a guy named "Brainiac", you continually prove that...oh well, fuck it.

It's been said enough times.

Prison Bitch
10-24-2015, 09:23 PM
Woulda taken a real dildo to screw up that 1980 team. Whitey would've gone to the Series with them too

okcchief
10-24-2015, 09:34 PM
Dick Howser is remembered fondly now. I went to a lot of games during that period and I can always remember fans bitching about him. In fact, I can remember him get shit on for some decisions in the 85 playoffs. Whitey IMO was the best manager the Royals have ever had.The team just wasn't quite ready. I believe it might have been the difference in 80 had they kept him around. I'll admit I was really young then, and would definately defer to some older guys who understood the game better than a 6 to 14 year old kid at the time lol.

DaneMcCloud
10-24-2015, 09:51 PM
Woulda taken a real dildo to screw up that 1980 team. Whitey would've gone to the Series with them too

Sure.

Just like all the other times.

DaneMcCloud
10-24-2015, 09:52 PM
When Ned retires, I think there's a good chance the next manager is either Raul Ibanez or Jason Kendall.

I'd much prefer the former. Kendall is such an old school red-ass, it scares me a bit. Kirk Gibson-esque.

Ned made the worst decision he has made in two years last night, but his team bailed him out again.

He's tactically challenged, but it works more often than not.

Raul Ibanez is a MLB managerial candidate?

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed his career as a Royal and cheered him elsewhere.

But what makes him an MLB candidate?

DaneMcCloud
10-24-2015, 09:57 PM
Dick Howser is remembered fondly now. I went to a lot of games during that period and I can always remember fans bitching about him. In fact, I can remember him get shit on for some decisions in the 85 playoffs.

I call bullshit.

First off, the Royals faced a shortened season and had major drug issues with the players. Everyone knows that.

Secondly, he basically took a quickly rebuilt team to the ALCS when there was NO wildcard and only TWO divisions, then won the World Series.

I went Whitey IMO was the best manager the Royals have ever had.The team just wasn't quite ready.

More bullshit.

Whitey had FIVE seasons. He didn't need another year.

The team stopped responding and could only go so far.

Lex Luthor
10-24-2015, 10:03 PM
I never, ever said that Herzog was a "bad" manager.

But it was clearly time for a change and the following season was proof.

For a guy named "Brainiac", you continually prove that...oh well, fuck it.

It's been said enough times.
That's a load of horseshit. Yes, you did. Don't try to backtrack now just because you just realized how stupid your original statement was.

Whitey Herzog managed the Royals from 1975 to 1979. He took over a losing team in with 66 games left in the 1975 season, and he led them to a 41-25 record. Then in his first 3 full seasons his teams won the first three division championships in club history. They lost in the playoffs to Yankee teams that were simply better than them. In his 4th full season the team finished in second place with a record of 85-77, and he was fired because Muriel Kauffman had a major personality conflict with him.

That was NOT a situation where it was time for a change. Only a fucking moron would draw that conclusion. It's not a surprise that YOU drew that conclusion.

I gave you a polite response and you responded in your typical asshole manner. The thing is, I get it. Your whole Internet persona is based upon trying to be a tough guy and responding with anger and insults whenever anybody dares to disagree with you. But your act has grown so stale that nobody really gives a shit. You're the yapping chihuahua that annoys everybody but scares nobody.

This was a better forum when you left "forever". It will be a better forum when you leave "forever" again.

Lex Luthor
10-24-2015, 10:07 PM
I call bullshit.

First off, the Royals faced a shortened season and had major drug issues with the players. Everyone knows that.

Secondly, he basically took a quickly rebuilt team to the ALCS when there was NO wildcard and only TWO divisions, then won the World Series.

More bullshit.

Two things are apparent here:

Whitey Herzog IS arguably the best manager the Royals ever had. His record with the Royals and the Cardinals proves that.
You are arguably the worst poster on this forum. Your lack of knowledge combined with your constant anger proves that.

DaneMcCloud
10-24-2015, 10:16 PM
That was NOT a situation where it was time for a change. Only a fucking moron would draw that conclusion. It's not a surprise that YOU drew that conclusion.

Everyone involved came to that conclusion.

Duh.

This was a better forum when you left "forever". It will be a better forum when you leave "forever" again.
:deevee:

Butthurt from a moron.

How original.

DaneMcCloud
10-24-2015, 10:16 PM
Two things are apparent here:

Whitey Herzog IS arguably the best manager the Royals ever had. His record with the Royals and the Cardinals proves that.
You are arguably the worst poster on this forum. Your lack of knowledge combined with your constant anger proves that.

More whining from a moron who dares to call himself "Brainiac".

DeezNutz
10-24-2015, 10:19 PM
Would be cool if Royals threads don't devolve into the general bullshit.

Lex Luthor
10-24-2015, 10:20 PM
Everyone involved came to that conclusion.

Duh.

Dude, you're wrong. I know you're incapable of admitting it, but you're wrong. I've already told you TWICE why Kauffman fired Herzog.

Butthurt from a moron.

How original.

More whining from a moron who dares to call himself "Brainiac".

You're off your game tonight. Usually your insults are a little more creative than this.

Lex Luthor
10-24-2015, 10:22 PM
I suppose I started it when I politely disagreed with Dane. My bad. I'll ignore the yapping chihuahua from now on.

DaneMcCloud
Dude, you're wrong. I know you're incapable of admitting it, but you're wrong. I've already told you TWICE why Kauffman fired Herzog.

You've "told" me nothing.

You're off your game tonight. Usually your insults are a little more creative than this.

There's no reason to "rant" about the truth.

DaneMcCloud

Yeah, it's neat.

RealSNR
10-24-2015, 11:03 PM
It's such bullshit that we traded for a guy that we now have to treat with kid gloves as the #4 pitcher in our lineup.

Oh well. At least he's better than David Price

DaneMcCloud
10-24-2015, 11:31 PM
It's such bullshit that we traded for a guy that we now have to treat with kid gloves as the #4 pitcher in our lineup.

Oh well. At least he's better than David Price

I immediately hated the trade and was called out by many of my friends and some people on CP.

I wish I had been wrong. The guy is garbage.

duncan_idaho
10-25-2015, 04:44 AM
Raul Ibanez is a MLB managerial candidate?

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed his career as a Royal and cheered him elsewhere.

But what makes him an MLB candidate?

He almost got the Rays job before this season.

He's a bright, personable and well-respected former player. His leadership skills were always viewed as a plus, and if you talk to people about his influence on last year's team, you see his hand in them finally believing in themselves.

He also comes across as a humble guy, which is s good trait in a young, former-player, manager. And a rare one.

He's going to be a manager eventually, somewhere. And I think there's a good chance he is very successful.

Lex Luthor
10-25-2015, 05:55 AM
He almost got the Rays job before this season.

He's a bright, personable and well-respected former player. His leadership skills were always viewed as a plus, and if you talk to people about his influence on last year's team, you see his hand in them finally believing in themselves.

He also comes across as a humble guy, which is s good trait in a young, former-player, manager. And a rare one.

He's going to be a manager eventually, somewhere. And I think there's a good chance he is very successful.

I always assumed it will be Wakamatsu, and I never even thought about Ibanez. But I agree, he would be a very interesting choice and possibly a great one.

RealSNR
10-25-2015, 06:36 AM
I immediately hated the trade and was called out by many of my friends and some people on CP.

I wanted Kazmir because I thought a better deal could have been had, but he pretty much imploded as well.

duncan_idaho
10-25-2015, 08:48 AM
I always assumed it will be Wakamatsu, and I never even thought about Ibanez. But I agree, he would be a very interesting choice and possibly a great one.

I don't know about Wak. I'm sure he'll get a chance, but suspect they go elsewhere.

I'm really scared it's going to be Kendall, who would be like the Milwaukee version of Yost, I fear. Too old school, too authoritarian , too rah-rah, too stubborn... And not innovative/bright enough to make up for it.

Also assured to run Salvador Perez out for 140 starts behind be dish, or more.

duncan_idaho
10-25-2015, 08:54 AM

If they end up winning the WS, the trade worked out.

Cueto's Game 5 performance vs. the Astros is a critical part of the run. Yeah, he shit the bed in Toronto, but they might not even be there without him.

Have you revised your Zobrist thoughts? Guy has been money in the playoffs.

Sassy Squatch
10-25-2015, 08:58 AM
Good night, sweet prince.

okcchief
10-25-2015, 09:46 PM
I call bullshit.

More bullshit.

It's an opinion. Whitey went on to do just as much in St Louis, and I was at 100's of game during that period. Howser had plenty of heat on him pre-World Series. I'm not saying it's justified I'm saying I remember it.

Like I said I was a kid, but my dad who was a minor league player, and forgot more about the game than I'll ever know was a Whitey guy. Let's remember Dick Howser didn't have Yankee dynasties in his way either. I liked them both fine. Most baseball managers through history get shit on. It's just the way it is. Its an opinion. Just like your opinion this current team didn't have "it" and Ben Zobrist was somehow a dissapointment. You aren't always as right as you think you are and neither am i. Unless you are 60 years old I doubt your opinion is based on anything more than fuzzy memories just like me. Ease up dude.

lewdog
10-25-2015, 09:51 PM
If someone with the name NedYostSexSlave starts posting here, we can only assume it's Hootie's mult.

Lex Luthor
10-25-2015, 10:02 PM
I don't know about Wak. I'm sure he'll get a chance, but suspect they go elsewhere.

I'm really scared it's going to be Kendall, who would be like the Milwaukee version of Yost, I fear. Too old school, too authoritarian , too rah-rah, too stubborn... And not innovative/bright enough to make up for it.

Also assured to run Salvador Perez out for 140 starts behind be dish, or more.

Thanks a lot. Now I'm terrified of what might happen when Ned retires!

cosmo20002
10-25-2015, 10:06 PM

and you said the same about Zobrist:drool: