PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Do you think Murray ever plays game starter as Chief?

Daru
10-25-2015, 07:10 PM
Yes everyone let's wonder.

Do you think Murray will ever make start for Chiefs?

Reid sees him as hidden gem unit and witness as QBOTF in training? Or no Reid not aware of Smith awful and still displays status with Smith even after season lost?

Thoughts?

rabblerouser
10-25-2015, 07:15 PM
Or no Reid not aware of Smith awful and still displays status with Smith even after season lost?

This.

TLO
10-25-2015, 07:24 PM
DARU HAS SPOKEN

Simply Red
10-25-2015, 07:25 PM
Season lost, Reid still try win, still eff up chance for dream 1/1 QBoTF.

oaklandhater
10-25-2015, 07:26 PM

if the lions beat us the dream for a QBOTF lives if we win the dream is dead and the season is a wash

Bugeater
Oh, Clay's back.

TLO
All your base are belong to us.

KCrockaholic
10-25-2015, 07:27 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see him never really get a chance. He deserves a couple shots though. But no guarantee he ever receives them. Only if Alex gets injured.

TLO
10-25-2015, 07:29 PM
http://ibankcoin.com/chessnwine/files/2014/05/a_winner_is_you_1024.jpg

eDave
10-25-2015, 07:29 PM

Seems to me that you show up every time Daru does...

:hmmm:

Potato
10-25-2015, 07:30 PM
he's stanzi 2.0 he'll never see any action, they'll trade for some career journeyman like Kyle Orton if he ever got close to having an opportunity.. This franchise doesn't believe in drafting and developing QB's

tk13
10-25-2015, 07:30 PM
Oh, Clay's back.

Now all we need is a Hootie mult and all is right with the world.

Baby Lee
10-25-2015, 07:34 PM
He's young. Doubt he'll have a Todd Collins career. Somewhere around Smith's 35th Bday.

Simply Red
10-25-2015, 07:35 PM
Seems to me that you show up every time Daru does...

:hmmm:

No. I got busted every time I've made a mult.

HemiEd
10-25-2015, 07:35 PM
It is a small thread of hope.

eDave
10-25-2015, 07:36 PM

I see you two all the time, you're thick as thieves, you are. He musta said *something*.

RealSNR
10-25-2015, 07:43 PM

My favorite Simply Red mult of all time?

Probably Disgruntled Parent

jspchief
10-25-2015, 08:00 PM
Not this year. If Daniel is gone and they don't bring a Terrell Pryor type in, then maybe in 2016

TLO
10-25-2015, 08:01 PM

My "not hootie" mult was hot fire.

Then Bob Dole ruined my fun. :(

TLO
10-25-2015, 08:02 PM

This made me LOL. LMAO

Red Dawg
10-25-2015, 08:03 PM
No. I doubt it and it's a shame. He would better than Smith I bet.

Mr. Laz
10-25-2015, 09:16 PM
No, because i don't think Clark Hunt really cares too much. Win enough to fill the stands and make money and he's good. Which mean Reid will be here for awhile and i don't think Reid gives a single shit about developing a QB. He's too old for that shit. After Alex Smith he will look for another veteran option.

Bray and Murray are just window dressing to make it look like he's trying to develop a QB. If one of the young guys does look good he will be traded.

rabblerouser
10-25-2015, 10:34 PM
No, because i don't think Clark Hunt really cares too much. Win enough to fill the stands and make money and he's good. Which mean Reid will be here for awhile and i don't think Reid gives a single shit about developing a QB. He's too old for that shit. After Alex Smith he will look for another veteran option.

Bray and Murray are just window dressing to make it look like he's trying to develop a QB. If one of the young guys does look good he will be traded.

Yuuuuuup.

Sad but true.

Hamwallet
10-25-2015, 10:50 PM
Yuuuuuup.

Sad but true.

I didn't get season tickets and have not been to a game all year. Same with a bunch of my buddies. They will feel it soon enough. I just hope they don't think "new stadium!" Will revive the team. Sad part is it will get many more season ticket holders from KcK.

Dayze
10-25-2015, 10:55 PM
Short of injury....nope.

rabblerouser
10-25-2015, 11:31 PM
I didn't get season tickets and have not been to a game all year. Same with a bunch of my buddies. They will feel it soon enough. I just hope they don't think "new stadium!" Will revive the team. Sad part is it will get many more season ticket holders from KcK.

Nah, they just sunk a big chunk of change into renovating Arrowhead.

Jive Ass
10-25-2015, 11:33 PM
I don't know, but if he ever plays action I'll be watching.

Ming the Merciless
10-26-2015, 12:00 AM
Not unless an injury occurs.

If we lose another game soon, we might as well....I mean unless we have big plans for Alex in 2016

splatbass
10-26-2015, 12:02 AM
Where is the "I don't care" option?

Chromatic
10-26-2015, 12:14 AM
Oh, Clay's back.

is it seriously him? hahahahaha

splatbass
10-26-2015, 12:33 AM
I didn't get season tickets and have not been to a game all year.

Me either.

Do you normally get season tickets and go to games? :hmmm:

Easy 6
10-26-2015, 04:57 AM
We believe we've yet to see the best of Alex Smiff/Reid

Simply Red
10-26-2015, 05:14 AM

oh yeah! http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256689

Coochie liquor
10-26-2015, 05:48 AM
Would be nice to see what he has, but I highly doubt it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-26-2015, 06:13 AM

I swear to all that is holy, I was going to post this exact same sentiment.

Bob Dole
10-26-2015, 07:57 AM

Who, exactly, is that pick in your mind?

notorious
10-26-2015, 08:05 AM
Nope.

He probably sucks anyway.

kcchiefsus
10-26-2015, 08:15 AM
This franchise has no fucking plan. They'll win enough games to be out of contention for a top quarterback but won't have the balls to trade up. They'll ride it out with Alex Smith while wasting quality years from some great quarterbacks. We'll sign Colin Kaepernick as a reclamation project and the insanity will continue. Fuck this franchise.

VAChief
10-26-2015, 08:25 AM
Nope.

He probably sucks anyway.

Draft Profile from NFL.com below. Pretty much a shorter, slower and less athletic description of Alex.

Weaknesses Short and short-armed with a low release point that leads to batted balls. Very small-framed with a thin waist and a body that is not built to withstand the punishment that comes in the pocket. Average arm talent. Has to set his feet and everything needs to be perfect to function well. Could stand to improve his footwork. Marginal deep-ball accuracy -- tends to overstride and forces receivers to adjust. Many passes are pre-determined and often throws to spots. Loses poise under duress and can be rattled easily by pressure. Gets too jittery and anxious (overanalyzes) in big games and has a very low winning percentage vs. top-10 teams. Long-term durability is concerning.
Draft Projection Rounds 6-7

KCTitus
10-26-2015, 08:28 AM
If Murray cannot beat out Daniels, who cannot beat out Smith for the starting job, then there is no chance of him seeing the field. I refuse to believe that Reid wouldnt start the best player at the position.

Ive seen this 'fill the stands' argument for many years and it rings hollow...most of a teams revenue comes from the TV contracts and not the gate. The gate, in fact, is split with the visiting team. The only real revenue not shared is the luxury box revenue, so if you believe that revenue is the only thing that matters, as long as the corporate boxes are filled, and not the seats for the masses, is important.

ClevelandBronco
10-26-2015, 08:36 AM
Murray play winning if play with a power of the Daru.

Sandy Vagina
10-26-2015, 08:55 AM
If Murray cannot beat out Daniels, who cannot beat out Smith for the starting job, then there is no chance of him seeing the field. I refuse to believe that Reid wouldnt start the best player at the position.

Ive seen this 'fill the stands' argument for many years and it rings hollow...most of a teams revenue comes from the TV contracts and not the gate. The gate, in fact, is split with the visiting team. The only real revenue not shared is the luxury box revenue, so if you believe that revenue is the only thing that matters, as long as the corporate boxes are filled, and not the seats for the masses, is important.

Yep, read an article awhile back that stated the KC organization jumped up around 36% in revenue. Can't recall if that was pointing to 2013 or more recent times though.

This sure doesn't look like the Chiefs' year that many hoped for, but there are a lot of pieces in place for them to be AFCW Champs next year.

( especially if Peyton retires, as he just has to, right? )

notorious
10-26-2015, 08:56 AM
If Denver finds a QB the rest of the division will only be playing with themselves for the next 3-4 years.

Cheater5
10-26-2015, 09:15 AM

Reid sees him as hidden gem unit and witness as QBOTF in training? Or no Reid not aware of Smith awful and still displays status with Smith even after season lost?

Thoughts?

My thoughts...

ILChief
10-26-2015, 09:58 AM

In order to "beat someone out" for a position, there has to be a competition for said position. Nothing has been reported that there was ever a competition for either the first or second string QB position

KCTitus
10-26-2015, 10:08 AM
In order to "beat someone out" for a position, there has to be a competition for said position. Nothing has been reported that there was ever a competition for either the first or second string QB position

I may have missed the reporting, but I would assume that the coaches evaluated all positions during the offseason to determine the various strings of players. If that's not the case then how did West jump over Davis? Same should hold true for QB's.

But maybe you're right and they just pick names out of a hat and stick with that.

rabblerouser
10-26-2015, 10:32 AM
I may have missed the reporting, but I would assume that the coaches evaluated all positions during the offseason to determine the various strings of players. If that's not the case then how did West jump over Davis? Same should hold true for QB's.

But maybe you're right and they just pick names out of a hat and stick with that.

West jumped over Davis the old fashioned way: by earning it.

West outplayed Davis in the preseason. West knows the blitz pickups. West is quicker than Davis. Me thinks West just wants it more...

ILChief
10-26-2015, 11:10 AM

QB's are different than other positions, especially backup positions. There are rarely QB competitions in camp. Houston and Buffalo were the only ones. Thee was no way our QB position was ever in play

The Franchise
10-26-2015, 11:28 AM
QB's are different than other positions, especially backup positions. There are rarely QB competitions in camp. Houston and Buffalo were the only ones. Thee was no way our QB position was ever in play

This.

Murray didn't beat out Daniel because Daniel was signed to be the backup. Exactly why Daniel never beat out Smith.

There was no QB battle anywhere.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-26-2015, 11:49 AM
This franchise has no fucking plan. They'll win enough games to be out of contention for a top quarterback but won't have the balls to trade up. They'll ride it out with Alex Smith while wasting quality years from some great quarterbacks. We'll sign Colin Kaepernick as a reclamation project and the insanity will continue. Fuck this franchise.

Seconded.

KC_Lee
10-26-2015, 11:54 AM

Thoughts?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gvdf5n-zI14" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BlackHelicopters
10-26-2015, 12:00 PM
English, please.

RealSNR
10-26-2015, 12:14 PM
This.

Murray didn't beat out Daniel because Daniel was signed to be the backup. Exactly why Daniel never beat out Smith.

There was no QB battle anywhere.

Agreed.

It just sucks that Murray is probably never going to get even one legit shot to play in the regular season. I wasn't anticipating greatness from him, but it's fair to say that given what he did in college (in a LEGIT non-gimmick offense in a LEGIT conference, mind you) and what he's shown in preseason that he isn't just some Mike Kafka asshole that Reid has collected over the years. Smith is entrenched this year and the next year, and if the Chiefs lose out like I think they can lose out, there will be not a single goddamn good reason why we will pass on a QB in the draft, or at least address it in rounds 1-3.

He's TWO injuries away this year from seeing action, and if we let Daniel move on after his contract expires this season, AT BEST he'll still be an injury away from seeing action in 2016.

Andy is never going to switch things up. Even Michael Vick needed a Kevin Kolb injury to take his place as the true best QB for the Eagles several years ago. And in this case, it's a measly 5th round guy challenging a douchebag with tens of millions of dollars on the books.

It's why people talk about Alex getting injured a lot. Because they're sick of watching him play, and the coaches in charge will never try out other options.