PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Eric Fisher doesn't suck

staylor26
10-26-2015, 05:30 PM
He's quietly having a solid season. I know that will piss some people off because he isn't playing like a former #1 overall pick, but it's the truth. The bottom line is if he becomes an above average LT it was still much better than taking Joeckel, which is what Pioli and mostly all the other GM's would've done.

TimBone
10-26-2015, 05:30 PM
I told everyone that Eric would be fine.

I deserve blowjobs.

Chiefs still suck, though.

ThaVirus
10-26-2015, 05:33 PM
He has all those practice reps against Catapano to thank, no doubt.

Deberg_1990
10-26-2015, 05:33 PM
I didnt watch the game but read the line from left to right was:

Fisher, Grubbs, Morse, Laurent Duvernay-Tardif and Allen

Why did Reid wait so long to dump Stephenson?

staylor26
10-26-2015, 05:35 PM
One more thing. If he keeps this up we likely won't be taking a LT in the 1st like I feared the day we moved him to RT.

staylor26
10-26-2015, 05:36 PM

Continuity. The poor offensive line play forced his hand though.

ThaVirus
10-26-2015, 05:40 PM

Because he looked beyond solid for the first few games of the season.

Deberg_1990
10-26-2015, 05:40 PM
One more thing. If he keeps this up we likely won't be taking a LT in the 1st like I feared the day we moved him to RT.

Sounds like Fisher is back at LT to stay for awhile...

hometeam
10-26-2015, 05:41 PM
He isnt worst in the league any more, but hes not good.

rico
10-26-2015, 05:42 PM
Fisher's taunting penalty had me laughing my ass off... I mean, it was seriously the last thing I ever would have expected to happen.

hometeam
10-26-2015, 05:43 PM
Fisher's taunting penalty had me laughing my ass off... I mean, it was seriously the last thing I ever would have expected to happen.

To be fair, he wasn't taunting, it was a shit call.

He was telling dude he was going to break his neck for twisting dudes ankle.

go bo
10-26-2015, 05:43 PM
he was known to play the game with intensity at central mich, as in nasty and mean-spirited...

staylor26
10-26-2015, 05:47 PM
He isnt worst in the league any more, but hes not good.

He's a young, solid, ascending LT. All we could ask for at this point.

jonzie04
10-26-2015, 05:47 PM
Fisher has done a nice job this season after his ankle sprain. It was nice seeing him stick up for West after that guy tried to rip his foot off. I really liked the fire I saw from the young guys. West tried to fight that crazy man James Harrison. Peters tried to fight the ref. Ok he probably needs to calm down a bit. But I still like the fire. That O line group could probably be pretty decent if they can stop missing blitz pickups and stunts. Most of those guys don't get beat too often as individuals. They did a nice job with that againt Pitt though.

BigMeatballDave
10-26-2015, 05:48 PM
he was known to play the game with intensity at central mich, as in nasty and mean-spirited...

Well, yeah. Didn't you see he was called for Taunting. :)

Baby Lee
10-26-2015, 05:48 PM

His preseason play at LT, along with injuries elsewhere along the line, made it a calculated risk that him there, and shuffling others around him was preferable to him anywhere else on the line, or a backup backup taking his place for a spell.

Not the most elegant sentence, but it sums up the inelegance of the strategy.

BigMeatballDave
10-26-2015, 05:51 PM
He'll never be as good as Willie Roaf, but then most LTs aren't.

mdchiefsfan
10-26-2015, 05:54 PM
Well, yeah. Didn't you see he was called for Taunting. :)

Please see post 11 for the truth of that situation

Bob Dole
10-26-2015, 06:34 PM
Continuity. The poor offensive line play forced his hand though.

"Forced" him to go back to what he started with this year.

Bob Dole
10-26-2015, 06:35 PM
To be fair, he wasn't taunting, it was a shit call.

He was telling dude he was going to break his neck for twisting dudes ankle.

But that doesn't fit the "Chiefs suck and have no heart" narrative.

Simply Red
10-26-2015, 06:38 PM
he's no Linkenbach that's for certain. I miss 'ol Jeff.

TLO
10-26-2015, 06:47 PM
He's going to be key to our playoff run. That's for DAMN sure. PBJ

chiefzilla1501
10-26-2015, 06:48 PM
he's no Linkenbach that's for certain. I miss 'ol Jeff.

That is an anagram for nnikelbach. It's close enough to be shitty.

DaneMcCloud
10-26-2015, 06:59 PM

Because he didn't have a viable option at right tackle until Allen was healthy.

Reid, Stephenson and Fanaika were all garbage.

RunKC
10-26-2015, 07:07 PM
Fisher would have never been moved to RT if Allen hadn't gotten hurt.

He's done really really well. I hope Dee Ford starts showing up soon

Buzz
10-26-2015, 07:17 PM

Maybe he lights a fire and takes the diapers off. Someone needs to lead the offensive line and it was his roll to begin with.

staylor26
10-26-2015, 07:17 PM
"Forced" him to go back to what he started with this year.

While true, Reid doesn't like to make changes like that during the season. I'n not saying it's a good or bad thing, bc I understand the desire to have that continuity. What other reason could he have had to make the change? Allen's been healthy for a while now.

DaneMcCloud
10-26-2015, 07:22 PM
Allen's been healthy for a while now.

Says who? He's been on the injured list every week until this week.

staylor26
Fisher would have never been moved to RT if Allen hadn't gotten hurt.

He's done really really well. I hope Dee Ford starts showing up soon

He blew by the LT yesterday and almost got a sack, but then Tamba came back in the following play and started looking vintage.

Marcellus
He'll never be as good as Willie Roaf, but then most LTs aren't.

Thanks for clearing that up, Rep.

Seriously though thats the best the OL has looked all season, I hope it wasn't a fluke.

BTW that was also the original lineup going back to OTA's.

The Franchise
10-26-2015, 07:23 PM
Dee Ford needs more snaps.

staylor26
Says who? He's been on the injured list every week until this week.

I guess I was mistaken. I thought he had been back practicing in full for a few weeks now.

Marcellus
He blew by the LT yesterday and almost got a sack, but then Tamba came back in the following play and started looking vintage.

Ford was also key in the 4th down stop. He made the initial stop and then Berry helped clean it up.

wazu
10-26-2015, 07:29 PM
Fisher and Ford both showed something on Sunday. Love seeing it. We still need a quarterback, but I'm glad to see other pieces might not be the flaming dumpster fires we were fearing.

ILChief
10-26-2015, 07:30 PM
Fisher and Ford both showed something on Sunday. Love seeing it. We still need a quarterback, but I'm glad to see other pieces might not be the flaming dumpster fires we were fearing.

Fisher
Ford
Conley
West
Larry the Dr.
Heck, even Albert Wilson looked like he belonged.

DaneMcCloud
10-26-2015, 07:31 PM
Moar Ford and Fisher at LT

BossChief
10-26-2015, 07:37 PM
Hopefully Allen can stay healthy.

Sure would be nice to have a young developing line this year and next so that our sophomore starter that we draft next year will have a solid line to play behind.

Buzz
10-26-2015, 07:39 PM

Well, if Ford isn't running away from the play like a little girl, I would call it progress. If Fisher played his position and defended a Team mate, I would call it progress. Baby steps or one win gives us a little bit of hope remains to be seen.

DaneMcCloud
10-26-2015, 07:41 PM
Well, if Ford isn't running away from the play like a little girl, I would call it progress.

Shut the fuck up.

Yet another douchefuck, just like that POS ThaVirus, that doesn't watch the games, yet comments.

You, like ThaVirus, need to choke an 16" dildo.

Buzz
10-26-2015, 07:49 PM
Shut the **** up.

Yet another douche****, just like that POS ThaVirus, that doesn't watch the games, yet comments.

What, I comment on a statement with an opinion you don't like. Sorry, live with it.

DaneMcCloud
10-26-2015, 07:50 PM
What, I comment on a statement with an opinion you don't like. Sorry, live with it.

Your comment was stupid.

Sorry, live with it.

BossChief
10-26-2015, 07:51 PM
Sure would be nice if Fisher turns out to be an above average LT. From that draft...

DaneMcCloud
10-26-2015, 07:57 PM
Sure would be nice if Fisher turns out to be an above average LT. From that draft...

He certainly looked good against Pittsburgh this week.

Buzz
10-26-2015, 07:58 PM
Your comment was stupid.

Sorry, live with it.

Who doesn't watch the games? the statement was valid, go puff yourself up some where else.

DaneMcCloud
10-26-2015, 08:00 PM
Who doesn't watch the games? the statement was valid, go puff yourself up some where else.

So you watch the games, yet was your best post regarding Ford?

What kind of dipshit are you?

Someone should follow you on camera 48 hours a year and see how badly you fuck up from time to time.

Except unlike Ford, you're boring.

DaneMcCloud
10-26-2015, 08:02 PM
Who doesn't watch the games?

From my count, at least 30% of the people who post in this forum about the players and games each week.

That may be even higher.

ThaVirus
10-26-2015, 08:06 PM
Shut the **** up.

Yet another douche****, just like that POS ThaVirus, that doesn't watch the games, yet comments.

You are so, so lame. Stop saying that. It's never been true.

Buzz
10-26-2015, 08:06 PM
So you watch the games, that was your best post regarding Ford?

What kind of dipshit are you?

Someone should follow you on camera 48 hours a year and see how badly you **** up from time to time.

Except unlike Ford, you're boring.

Well, unlike you, I'm not a complete azzhat looking to make myself feel better over a message board calling people names.

splatbass
10-26-2015, 08:07 PM
Sounds like Fisher is back at LT to stay for awhile...

The people who said he was a bust because they moved him to RT were wrong, as many of us said at the time. Of course being wrong is nothing new for most of them.

DaneMcCloud
10-26-2015, 08:08 PM
Well, unlike you, I'm not a complete azzhat looking to make myself feel better over a message board calling people names.

No, you're just an dipshit that continues to rag on a guy for ONE PLAY.

You're neat.

Really, you're neat.

DaneMcCloud
10-26-2015, 08:09 PM
You are so, so lame. Stop saying that. It's never been true.

You know, I don't want to call you a liar, because that's too strong and in the scheme of things, is silly.

But you asked in the game thread about Nelson yesterday and I asked if you were watching and suddenly, you disappeared.

I don't believe you watch the games and if you do, you're confused by what you're watching.

#20 was Nelson. Duh.

DaneMcCloud
10-26-2015, 08:10 PM
The people who said he was a bust because they moved him to RT were wrong, as many of us said at the time. Of course being wrong is nothing new for most of them.

99% of CP is wrong about everything.

This is nothing new.

suzzer99
10-26-2015, 08:11 PM
He's better than Joeckel. Give Reid/Dorsey some credit for that.

ThaVirus
10-26-2015, 08:14 PM
You know, I don't want to call you a liar, because that's too strong and in the scheme of things, is silly.

But you asked in the game thread about Nelson yesterday, I asked if you were watching and suddenly, you disappeared.

I don't believe you watch the games and if you do, you're confused by what you're watching.

#20 was Nelson. Duh.

I saw that and, given the fact that you've hounded me about this very thing for like 2 months now after I asked a simple question about a preseason game that you took completely out of context, I decided to ignore you to avoid spamming up the game thread.

I watch the games. In case you haven't noticed, I'm very active in game threads and even "other games" threads. Do you honestly think I'd sit on a message board all day commenting on a game and never actually watch?

I just don't have Sunday Ticket or Red Zone this season (glad I didn't invest in that given the way this season has turned out) so I often have to watch streams. If you've ever watched a stream you know how tough it is to make things out sometimes and they often crap out so you miss entire chunks.

I asked "How's Nelson looked today? I haven't heard his name called much." and here you are annoying me about something dumb, yet again.

Mr. Laz
10-26-2015, 08:17 PM

Waited until Allen got completely healthy

Baby Lee

True, 'Dee Ford is a little girl' isn't technically calling him 'a name.'

DaneMcCloud
I just don't have Sunday Ticket or Red Zone this season (glad I didn't invest in that given the way this season has turned out) so I often have to watch streams. If you've ever watched a stream you know how tough it is to make things out sometimes and they often crap out so you miss entire chunks.

Then go to sports bar and use their free wireless. Don't they have a metric shit ton in Atlanta?

There is absolutely no way in the world I could watch, let alone fathom watching, a shitty stream on a mobile device.

I have a 65" LED in my family room and it's STILL not big enough to catch everything on every play.

Buzz
10-26-2015, 08:18 PM
No, you're just an dipshit that continues to rag on a guy for ONE PLAY.

You're neat.

Really, you're neat.

Okay, if your done throwing your butt in the air, what has he really done in the last two years to be worthy of a first round draft pick? He had maybe a 1/2 of a good game and Tamba stole the show.

Mr. Laz
10-26-2015, 08:19 PM
Team hasn't show very much heart

Fisher defending his team mates twice against the steelers

Kudos to Fisher, glad someone on the team gives a shit if their guys are getting pounded on.

People rarely help their team mates up or come to their defense.

It's worth the penalty, we need more of it.

Bufkin
10-26-2015, 08:20 PM
Agreed. He's a breast.

DaneMcCloud
10-26-2015, 08:20 PM
Okay, if your done throwing your butt in the air, what has he really done in the last two years to be worthy of a first round draft pick? He had maybe a 1/2 of a good game and Tamba stole the show.

Clearly, you either don't watch the games or your drunk beyond belief or you just don't know what you're watching.

Which one is it?

And FYI, I'm not the one showing my ass.

That would be "Buzz".

chiefzilla1501
10-26-2015, 08:21 PM
Ford looked solid against Pittsburgh. His first step is just insane. He probably won't ever be excellent in run support or pass coverage, but he at least looked passable yesterday.

He's not getting snaps because Sutton has no idea how to get him on the field. Which is a shame. Especially at this stage in Tamba's career.

chiefzilla1501
10-26-2015, 08:22 PM
Agreed. He's a breast.

ROFL

notorious
10-26-2015, 08:23 PM
This would be huge if Fisher finds his groove.

I hope he keeps it up. Of course, he isn't facing Pro Bowlers every week like the first 6 games.

Mr. Laz
10-26-2015, 08:23 PM
Fisher is probably our best Olineman now, including Grubbs.

If he's constistent and stays healthy, he's worth keeping around for another contract

Although they've dicked him around so much i'm not sure if he'll want to stay

DaneMcCloud
10-26-2015, 08:24 PM
He probably won't ever be excellent in run support or pass coverage

Speculation.

The same was said about Hali.

notorious
10-26-2015, 08:24 PM
Ford looked solid against Pittsburgh. His first step is just insane. He probably won't ever be excellent in run support or pass coverage, but he at least looked passable yesterday.

He's not getting snaps because Sutton has no idea how to get him on the field. Which is a shame. Especially at this stage in Tamba's career.

Sutton might be a moron, but at least he blitzed the everybody on the 4th down, which is exactly what you should do against hack QB's.

ThaVirus
10-26-2015, 08:25 PM
Then go to sports bar and use their free wireless. Don't they have a metric shit ton in Atlanta?

There is absolutely no way in the world I could watch, let alone fathom watching, a shitty stream on a mobile device.

I have a 65" LED in my family room and it's STILL not big enough to catch everything on every play.

Hah. Alright, I'm talking to cool Dane right now. We can hash this out real quick with no need to get nasty so don't take anything I'm about to say as a slight:

But that's not the first time you've mentioned me watching the games on a mobile device. Where did you get that idea? I've actually legitimately never watched a game on my phone. If anything, I'll watch the streams on my laptop while supplementing my (shit) viewing experience with NFL Gamecenter.

I'm actually in Orlando. Of course there are tons of bars and places to go. The reason I don't go is just that I get really passionate about the games. I tend to watch them alone because the ebb and flow of the game usually really fucks with my emotions. Should we lose, I'd prefer to be pissed off and despondent in the comfort of my own home so people don't judge me.

DaneMcCloud
10-26-2015, 08:33 PM
Hah. Alright, I'm talking to cool Dane right now. We can hash this out real quick with no need to get nasty so don't take anything I'm about to say as a slight:

But that's not the first time you've mentioned me watching the games on a mobile device. Where did you get that idea? I've actually legitimately never watched a game on my phone. If anything, I'll watch the streams on my laptop while supplementing my (shit) viewing experience with NFL Gamecenter.

I'm actually in Orlando. Of course there are tons of bars and places to go. The reason I don't go is just that I get really passionate about the games. I tend to watch them alone because the ebb and flow of the game usually really fucks with my emotions. Should we lose, I'd prefer to be pissed off and despondent in the comfort of my own home so people don't judge me.

Dude, I don't know how you can watch them on a stream. It's so awful. I think you'd be better off at a sports bar while learning how to control your emotions.

That said, I'll take a completely different tact when responding to you on game days and in the future.

My apologies.

Buzz
10-26-2015, 08:35 PM
Clearly, you either don't watch the games or your drunk beyond belief or you just don't know what you're watching.

Which one is it?

And FYI, I'm not the one showing my ass.

That would be "Buzz".

:whackit:

DaneMcCloud
10-26-2015, 08:37 PM
:whackit:

Buzz, if you're so dialed into player's bad plays, could you please list and highlight Tamba Hali's worst play, Eric Berry's worst play, Dontarie Poe's worst play and Derrick Johnson's first play?

Thanks in advance.

Your insight is invaluable.

lewdog
10-26-2015, 08:41 PM
Dude, I don't know how you can watch them on a stream. It's so awful. I think you'd be better off at a sports bar while learning how to control your emotions.

Not everyone wants to spend money to watch the shitty fucking Chiefs. I wish I'd take my own advice one of these years.

ThaVirus
10-26-2015, 08:45 PM

That said, I'll take a completely different tact when responding to you on game days and in the future.

My apologies.

I feel you. It really sucks but the alternative is spending $30-50 on 3 hours of frustration.

When we were good in 2013 and 2014 I had Redzone and visited sports bars often. Now, tuning in each week I expect a loss and can't justify spending a dime on them.

Not everyone wants to spend money to watch the shitty ****ing Chiefs. I wish I'd take my own advice one of these years.

Lewdog's got it right, although Sunday Ticket streaming is actually much more affordable now. I think it was only like $150 or something for the entire season.

DaneMcCloud
10-26-2015, 08:48 PM
Not everyone wants to spend money to watch the shitty fucking Chiefs. I wish I'd take my own advice one of these years.

Aren't there sports bars in the suburbs of PHX?

The entire Sunday Ticket and all the extras only cost me $167.

I'd drink and eat that much in Hollywood in two Sunday's, then come home hungry, especially since parking is $15 and beers are $10 dollars plus tip.

milkman
10-26-2015, 08:49 PM
Buzz, if you're so dialed into player's bad plays, could you please list and highlight Tamba Hali's worst play, Eric Berry's worst play, Dontarie Poe's worst play and Derrick Johnson's first play?

Thanks in advance.

Your insight is invaluable.

Don't you fucking dare to get all nice and shit now, you useless fucking bastard!

:#

Baby Lee
10-26-2015, 08:50 PM

My apologies.

Not as bad as you think.

Random screengrab from my stream. I can port it anywhere from my 60' in the living room to my ipod touch. On the PC, I can maximize it on my 27 monitor, or window it to a corner while I do other things, such as type this post.

And if you look hard enough, you can get even higher resolution, up to and including anything your cable or satellite can render.

DaneMcCloud
10-26-2015, 08:50 PM
Don't you fucking dare to get all nice and shit now, you useless fucking bastard!

LMAO

lewdog
10-26-2015, 08:53 PM
Aren't there sports bars in the suburbs of PHX?

The entire Sunday Ticket and all the extras only cost me $167.

I'd drink and eat that much in Hollywood in two Sunday's, then come home hungry, especially since parking is $15 and beers are $10 dollars plus tip.

Yea, going to the bars for every game would cost way more than Sunday Ticket. But neither is worth the price of what the shitty ass Chiefs provide for entertainment. I pay the $167 like you for Sunday Ticket. Not sure why as this team is a dumpster fire and I get every Cards game anyway....a team that actually tries to win. It would be better just to stream the Chiefs for free.

Baby Lee

Don't make him feed milkman bones to his dogs.

O.city
I forget you guys don't live in the viewing area.

I'm always like "why the hell dont they just turn the tv to cbs"?

DaneMcCloud
10-26-2015, 08:57 PM
Yea, going to the bars for every game would cost way more than Sunday Ticket. But neither is worth the price of what the shitty ass Chiefs provide for entertainment. I pay the $167 like you for Sunday Ticket. Not sure why as this team is a dumpster fire and I get every Cards game anyway....a team that actually tries to win. It would be better just to stream the Chiefs for free.

For me, at the end of the day, it's worth it just to have access to every game.

I must say, however, that Goodell has done a horrible job with the schedule. Two afternoon games yesterday?

There should be balance, IMO. It would make Sunday's more fun.

lewdog
10-26-2015, 08:58 PM

I must say, however, that Goodell has done a horrible job with the schedule. Two afternoon games yesterday?

There should be balance, IMO. It would make Sunday's more fun.

Yea I don't get the afternoon schedule either. It used to be around 4-5 games all the time! Yesterday was horseshit!

DaneMcCloud
10-26-2015, 09:02 PM
Yea I don't get the afternoon schedule either. It used to be around 4-5 games all the time! Yesterday was horseshit!

It wasn't much fun. I get the whole "Bye" thing but the unbalanced morning/afternoon thing is bullshit.

It need to be balanced.

stevieray
10-26-2015, 09:20 PM
Isn't this the oline we were supposed to start the season with?

DaneMcCloud
10-26-2015, 09:24 PM
Isn't this the oline we were supposed to start the season with?

Yes.

The difference, especially against a very good Steelers defense, was readily apparent, especially through four quarters.

stevieray
10-26-2015, 09:34 PM
Yes.

The difference, especially against a very good Steelers defense, was readily apparent, especially through four quarters.

:hmmm:

We could easily be 5-2 right now.

It's kind of a quirky year for the NFL...it will be interesting to see how it moves forward.

ModSocks
10-26-2015, 09:36 PM
It's amazing how much better that O-line looks when Alex Smith gets the ball out quickly.

Everyone praising the line....but really....Smith did a good job of getting rid of the ball. Give credit where credit is due.

Mr. Laz
10-26-2015, 09:41 PM
It's amazing how much better that O-line looks when Alex Smith gets the ball out quickly.

Everyone praising the line....but really....Smith did a good job of getting rid of the ball. Give credit where credit is due.

Finally had 2 receivers being productive as well

Wilson finally healthy
Conley finally catching it

Hopefully when Maclin gets well we can run 3 wr and Kelce and West in single back

splatbass
10-26-2015, 10:02 PM

Me too. The only games I've missed in the last few years were when I was out of the country. Otherwise I watch every game, win or lose. I'm not a bandwagon fan that stops watching every time they have a losing streak.

Sunday Ticket is great when you don't live in KC.

RealSNR
10-26-2015, 10:50 PM

"Passable" is a bad adjective when describing a pass rusher

GloucesterChief
10-26-2015, 11:00 PM

Particularly a first round pass rusher.

Eleazar
10-26-2015, 11:17 PM
I never understood why Reid moved him to RT. Stephenson was getting owned at LT anyway, so a shakeup couldn't really cost us anything.

Fisher isn't as bad as CP would have you believe. He's an average NFL offensive lineman at this point.

Nobody is claiming that's good value for a #1 overall, and if he never gets any better it will be a huge bust. But he was always going to be a project/upside pick.

Here's hoping Reid can find an arrangement of the deck chairs that at least lets him mature somehow, even though I think we can all agree that with the personnel on this offensive line, we are trying to build a doghouse without any nails

TEX
10-27-2015, 08:05 AM

It had more to do with the changes in the OL. The one that started Sunday against the Steelers was "good enough." The ones prior were not.

Beef Supreme
10-27-2015, 08:20 AM
https://33.media.tumblr.com/7f3a6fc2bb7c740f5a65d978d010fa71/tumblr_myy3swefcE1todhvvo1_250.gif

chiefzilla1501
10-27-2015, 08:46 AM

I'm talking about his run D and pass coverage. From a pass rushing standpoint, he still needs experience but he clearly has athleticism that can't be coached. His first step is really, really good.

ndws
10-27-2015, 09:01 AM
I never understood why Reid moved him to RT. Stephenson was getting owned at LT anyway, so a shakeup couldn't really cost us anything.

Fisher isn't as bad as CP would have you believe. He's an average NFL offensive lineman at this point.

Nobody is claiming that's good value for a #1 overall, and if he never gets any better it will be a huge bust. But he was always going to be a project/upside pick.

Here's hoping Reid can find an arrangement of the deck chairs that at least lets him mature somehow, even though I think we can all agree that with the personnel on this offensive line, we are trying to build a doghouse without any nails

If I had to guess, Stephenson was never that good at RT. He, at times, showed some capability as a LT. So, they line him up next to a proven LG in Grubbs thinking they could mask him a little. Again, purely guessing, but they assumed a similar role with Fisher being good enough to carry the right side with an inexperienced LDT at RG. It kinda sorta worked, then it imploded.

Allen is apparently fully healthy so he goes back to his preseason RT, Fisher goes back to LT. And they were able to get reps in against a Pitt D that frankly isn't what it used to be.

So they got the realignment, and they got a little lead back in their pencils at the same time.

TEX
10-27-2015, 09:11 AM
If I had to guess, Stephenson was never that good at RT. He, at times, showed some capability as a LT. So, they line him up next to a proven LG in Grubbs thinking they could mask him a little. Again, purely guessing, but they assumed a similar role with Fisher being good enough to carry the right side with an inexperienced LDT at RG. It kinda sorta worked, then it imploded.

Allen is apparently fully healthy so he goes back to his preseason RT, Fisher goes back to LT. And they were able to get reps in against a Pitt D that frankly isn't what it used to be.

So they got the realignment, and they got a little lead back in their pencils at the same time.

Probably correct. I think this is as "good" as it gets this year. Maybe next year the keep everyone in position from LT through C and move Allen to RG and find a solid RT. Or maybe LTD and Allen develop at RG and RT respectively. :shrug:

bsp4444
10-27-2015, 09:37 AM
So I did NOT watch the game...with this alignment, was LDT decent? Is there enough to work with there?

The Franchise
10-27-2015, 09:40 AM
Hopefully Allen stays healthy and can prove that he's above average at RT. If so....give that man a new deal and leave Fisher at LT for his last year and make him earn that new contract as well.

ndws
10-27-2015, 09:43 AM
Probably correct. I think this is as "good" as it gets this year. Maybe next year the keep everyone in position from LT through C and move Allen to RG and find a solid RT. Or maybe LTD and Allen develop at RG and RT respectively. :shrug:

I've never really liked Allen at G, but I'm ok with him at RT if he can build on yesterday. He played well enough at tackle in college to get drafted high, and don't get the concept of idea of drafting college tackles for NFL guards.

At least this way, we'll most likely see this line get snaps for 2 games against teams that aren't overly amazing up front on D before we get Denver again, with Wolfe this time.

staylor26
10-27-2015, 09:50 AM
Hopefully Allen stays healthy and can prove that he's above average at RT. If so....give that man a new deal and leave Fisher at LT for his last year and make him earn that new contract as well.

This. We need some continuity on the Oline. I'm also thinking we pick up the 5th year option on Fisher.

The Franchise
10-27-2015, 09:52 AM
This. We need some continuity on the Oline. I'm also thinking we pick up the 5th year option on Fisher.

We'll see about that. His 5th year tender is worth an average of the top 10 OTs in the league. That's going to be huge.

RunKC
10-27-2015, 10:04 AM
I hope Fisher continues to play well. We need him to be good to protect that future QB

The Franchise
10-27-2015, 10:05 AM
We'll see about that. His 5th year tender is worth an average of the top 10 OTs in the league. That's going to be huge.

It looks like his 5th year tender would be around $10 million.

DaneMcCloud
10-27-2015, 10:21 AM

They have no other option than to pick it up. They can't spend another high selection on a left tackle and it's unlikely they can nab a starter in the 2nd round.

If Fisher continues to play like he did on Sunday at LT, he'll be more than fine. Personally, I think he'll only get better.

The Franchise
10-27-2015, 10:22 AM
They have no other option than to pick it up. They can't spend another high selection on a left tackle and it's unlikely they can nab a starter in the 2nd round.

If Fisher continues to play like he did on Sunday at LT, he'll be more than fine. Personally, I think he'll only get better.

Good thing he has the rest of the season to prove he's worth it.

saphojunkie
10-27-2015, 10:39 AM
Just FYI, it was Dee Ford that blew up the running play in the backfield. Solo tackle for loss on fourth down. He also looked good dropping into coverage. His most complete game to date and looked like a guy who could be a good player soon.

I spent most of the game watching him and Hali.

Someone said that Fisher being good is the best news imaginable, because it alleviates the need for a tackle in the first round. They are so right.

Come on down, Paxton Lynch!

saphojunkie
10-27-2015, 10:41 AM
So I did NOT watch the game...with this alignment, was LDT decent? Is there enough to work with there?

He was. The entire team had their best game.

Now, let's keep that up while still losing, people.

RunKC
10-27-2015, 10:42 AM
https://twitter.com/realmnchiefsfan/status/658868231063539712

Holy shit. The OL actually picked up a blitz on Sunday.

RealSNR
10-27-2015, 10:45 AM
Fisher played LT on Sunday?

That's what I get for not watching the game, I guess.

Who played RT?

The Franchise
10-27-2015, 10:46 AM
Fisher played LT on Sunday?

That's what I get for not watching the game, I guess.

Who played RT?

Allen.

The Franchise
10-27-2015, 10:46 AM
Fisher - Grubbs - Morse - LDT - Allen

RealSNR
10-27-2015, 10:47 AM
https://twitter.com/realmnchiefsfan/status/658868231063539712

Holy shit. The OL actually picked up a blitz on Sunday.

We've had the OL pick up blitzes like that all season.

Smith just chooses to take sacks on them. Notice the OL picks up the blockers, but the get pushed back a bit. That shit usually makes Alex panic, and why some people erroneously believe it's the OL's fault.

It's not.

Lzen
10-27-2015, 10:51 AM
Because he looked beyond solid for the first few games of the season.

No, he didn't.

chiefzilla1501
10-27-2015, 10:51 AM

If Fisher plays well enough, I'd extend him and turn that tender into bonus. I'd hope Fisher knows he won't get top ten money so might be a good way to keep an effective enough left tackle at bargain price.

chiefzilla1501
10-27-2015, 10:57 AM
Just FYI, it was Dee Ford that blew up the running play in the backfield. Solo tackle for loss on fourth down. He also looked good dropping into coverage. His most complete game to date and looked like a guy who could be a good player soon.

I spent most of the game watching him and Hali.

Someone said that Fisher being good is the best news imaginable, because it alleviates the need for a tackle in the first round. They are so right.

Come on down, Paxton Lynch!

I think ford also disrupted a pass in the final drive too. And he got there really fast. It was like he was blasted from a cannon.

Abba-Dabba
10-27-2015, 11:00 AM
Quietly having a solid season is code for hasn't shit the bed this year. Meh.

Mr. Laz
10-27-2015, 11:05 AM

Smith just chooses to take sacks on them. Notice the OL picks up the blockers, but the get pushed back a bit. That shit usually makes Alex panic, and why some people erroneously believe it's the OL's fault.

It's not.
Our Oline hasn't been picking up shit all season ...

ThaVirus
10-27-2015, 11:22 AM
No, he didn't.

RunKC had the statistics but Stephenson didn't allow a single sack or pressure in the first two games

Lzen
10-27-2015, 11:34 AM
RunKC had the statistics but Stephenson didn't allow a single sack or pressure in the first two games

Really? Well, Hell. I'll have to go back and look but that sounds rather dubious.

Lzen
10-27-2015, 11:37 AM

It's not.

It's a little of both. You could also add in the play calling.

saphojunkie
10-27-2015, 12:57 PM
Conley, Wilson, DAT, and West all had good games as well. DJ and Berry showed up and got turnovers.

It was basically the team we had all hoped we were at the start of the season. Just a solid, all-around showing. Still had trouble in the red zone, though. To many trips to start the game where first and goal ended with a field goal.

ThaVirus
10-27-2015, 01:42 PM
Really? Well, Hell. I'll have to go back and look but that sounds rather dubious.

Yeah, it was the entire left side including Morse and Grubbs actually. For the first two games they didn't give up a single sack.

DaneMcCloud
10-27-2015, 02:06 PM
If Fisher plays well enough, I'd extend him and turn that tender into bonus. I'd hope Fisher knows he won't get top ten money so might be a good way to keep an effective enough left tackle at bargain price.

That would be an idiotic move on Fisher's part.

I'm not surprised you suggested it.

TEX
10-27-2015, 02:09 PM

:clap: ROFL

chiefzilla1501
10-27-2015, 02:35 PM

Um... The chiefs can cut Fisher and he would get no money. So I would think he and his agent would be more than willing to negotiate. In case you didn't read, it's called an "option." And pretty sure Fisher knows he's not exactly going to get big bucks in the open market if the chiefs toss him to the street.

BigChiefFan
10-27-2015, 02:42 PM
Conley, Wilson, DAT, and West all had good games as well. DJ and Berry showed up and got turnovers.

It was basically the team we had all hoped we were at the start of the season. Just a solid, all-around showing. Still had trouble in the red zone, though. To many trips to start the game where first and goal ended with a field goal.

Except we played a third string QB at home. Don't go crowning their asses, just, yet.

Baby Lee
10-27-2015, 02:53 PM
Except we played a third string QB at home. Don't go crowning their asses, just, yet.

Because this place is just LOUSY with rampant ass crowning. . .

BigChiefFan
10-27-2015, 02:57 PM

It's rampant with fans that are equivalent to lemmings.

Baby Lee
10-27-2015, 03:02 PM

Well if you say so, no need to verify a statement so broad and nebulous.

TimBone
10-27-2015, 03:37 PM
I agree. Ford doesn't seem to be running away from plays as much anymore. So, he's showing some improvement there, for sure.

Rausch
10-27-2015, 04:27 PM

Find me anyone who thinks this team is making the playoffs...

DaneMcCloud
10-27-2015, 04:40 PM
Um... The chiefs can cut Fisher and he would get no money. So I would think he and his agent would be more than willing to negotiate. In case you didn't read, it's called an "option." And pretty sure Fisher knows he's not exactly going to get big bucks in the open market if the chiefs toss him to the street.

You're speculating. If I were Fisher, I'd bet on myself, just like Justin Houston and Rodney Hudson did this past offseason.

Fisher would be wise to do the same. He's a young, ascending player hampered by injuries and playing out of position. Left tackles are at a premium in the NFL and he'd be a fool to accept some dopey low balled contract.

Bob Dole
10-27-2015, 05:03 PM
You're speculating. If I were Fisher, I'd bet on myself, just like Justin Houston and Rodney Hudson did this past offseason.

Fisher would be wise to do the same. He's a young, ascending player hampered by injuries and playing out of position. Left tackles are at a premium in the NFL and he'd be a fool to accept some dopey low balled contract.

SIT THE FUCK DOWN AND SHUT THE FUCK UP! YOU HAVE NO LEVERAGE!!

Mr. Laz
10-27-2015, 05:07 PM
Fisher needs to stay at LT, enough fucking around

Young guys need to play much more

Ford - 60%, Hali 40%

Nelson seems sort of stupid but we need to find out THIS year.

Fisher,Grubbs,Morse,LDT,Allen until somebody proves they suck or get hurt

Mauga can fuck off

Are we really going to keep Berry?

Trade Knile, West and Ware bring more to the game.

Mr. Laz
10-27-2015, 05:08 PM

Fans are just desperate for hope, so they crown any player that gives them some.

Baby Lee
10-27-2015, 05:09 PM
SIT THE FUCK DOWN AND SHUT THE FUCK UP! YOU HAVE NO LEVERAGE!!

What ever happened to that player? Not any playoff success, I hope.

chiefzilla1501
10-27-2015, 05:12 PM

Houston and Hudson played their contract out because they knew the Chiefs wouldn't cut them. Because they were practically playing for free.

Fisher doesn't have that leverage. He knows the Chiefs don't want to pay him $10M. The Chiefs can cut him next year and he's on the streets looking for a new contract. Fisher doesn't want that. The chiefs would prefer not to do that. The best thing for both sides is for the Chiefs to slightly overpay the market.

aturnis
10-27-2015, 05:20 PM

B/c CP loved him. CP holds a lot of weight with Andy.

DaneMcCloud
10-27-2015, 05:26 PM
Houston and Hudson played their contract out because they knew the Chiefs wouldn't cut them. Because they were practically playing for free.

Fisher doesn't have that leverage. He knows the Chiefs don't want to pay him $10M. The Chiefs can cut him next year and he's on the streets looking for a new contract. Fisher doesn't want that. The chiefs would prefer not to do that. The best thing for both sides is for the Chiefs to slightly overpay the market.

You're talking out of your ass.

Fisher's under contract through 2016. Either the Chiefs pick up his fifth year option or they don't. But there's no way Fisher should accept some low ball offer to extend his contract when he has this year and next year to prove his worth.

That would be galactically stupid.

Baby Lee
10-27-2015, 05:32 PM

Fisher's under contract through 2016. Either the Chiefs pick up his fifth year option or they don't. But there's no way Fisher should accept some low ball offer to extend his contract when he has this year and next year to prove his worth.

That's Galacist!!

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/3838483/thats-racist-o.gif

Bob Dole
10-27-2015, 05:37 PM
What ever happened to that player? Not any playoff success, I hope.

John Taint, the sensitive Mormon.

Mr. Laz
10-27-2015, 05:37 PM

I think Fisher is just as likely to tell the Chiefs to fuck off.

The had him play injured his entire 1st season because they didn't want the PR hit on him being out. That cost Fisher all his offseason stuff and TC for his first 2 seasons.

They have switched his position 4 times in 3 years ... RT - LT - RT - LT.

The last time they switched his position was not because of his poor play but because some other douche didn't try as hard at RT.

They have kept putting shit beside him all the time as well.

When Schwartz finally came in, Fisher played better
Now that he's next to Grubb he looks better

Dorsey has dicked around with the Oline every dam year.

Fans hate Fisher because he's not a QB and will never do more than 'put up' with him because of that.

Why in the fuck would Fisher want to stick around after all that?

If i'm Fisher, i work my ass off to become the best i can and refuse to renegotiate my deal next year. Chiefs can pay me or cut me.

Then i'm off to free agency, immediately if they cut me, 2017 if they don't.

Fisher is a solid OT who has played both LT and RT. I imagine some team will give him $6 million a year, maybe more if he continues to improve.

Baby Lee
10-27-2015, 05:39 PM
John Taint, the sensitive Mormon.

1. I know.
2. It's Tait.
3. Went to SB w/Bears

chiefzilla1501
10-27-2015, 05:40 PM

You keep saying Fisher has next year to prove himself. There is no guarantee the Chiefs keep him. They can cut him and save $6M and use the savings to bring in another guy.

Fisher doesn't have leverage here. Fisher may only have two options. Option 1: get cut, find a team with a LT opening, and then beg for market value. Option 2: re-negotiate with the Chiefs to a contract that's above his market value but probably well less than $10M.

When did I say that has to happen now or that the Chiefs should low ball Fisher? It's in Fisher's best interest to play the year out. If Fisher isn't a $10M tackle or close to it before 2016, he would be galactically stupid to assume the Chiefs want to keep him around.

Baby Lee
10-27-2015, 05:40 PM
I think Fisher is just as likely to tell the Chiefs to fuck off.

Chiefs fans, maybe. Chiefs FO, not so much.

DaneMcCloud
10-27-2015, 05:44 PM
You keep saying Fisher has next year to prove himself. There is no guarantee the Chiefs keep him. They can cut him and save $6M and use the savings to bring in another guy.

Fisher doesn't have leverage here. Fisher may only have two options. Option 1: get cut, find a team with a LT opening, and then beg for market value. Option 2: re-negotiate with the Chiefs to a contract that's above his market value but probably well less than $10M.

When did I say that has to happen now or that the Chiefs should low ball Fisher? It's in Fisher's best interest to play the year out. If Fisher isn't a $10M tackle or close to it before 2016, he would be galactically stupid to assume the Chiefs want to keep him around.

Right. The Chiefs are going to cut him at the end of this season, which will not only force them to draft another left tackle in the first round, wasting even more resources, but make them look stupid for giving up on a player after year 3, two of which were injury plagued.

Good grief.

Rausch
10-27-2015, 05:47 PM
Right. The Chiefs are going to cut him at the end of this season, which will not only force them to draft another left tackle in the first round,

Why would we have to draft one in the first round?

...wasting even more resources, but make them look stupid for giving up on a player after year 3, two of which were injury plagued.

Good grief.

He's played poorly for most of his career here.

And hopefully we're not going into the draft this offseason with the same team we've had the last 3 years...

Mr. Laz
10-27-2015, 05:57 PM
Why would we have to draft one in the first round?

He's played poorly for most of his career here.

And hopefully we're not going into the draft this offseason with the same team we've had the last 3 years...
Not nearly as poor as stupid muther fuckers around here keep saying

First year healthy
first year with full OTA/TC
2nd time playing with someone decent next to him(played better both times)

It will be interest to see how much he improves throughout this season.

chiefzilla1501
10-27-2015, 06:09 PM
Right. The Chiefs are going to cut him at the end of this season, which will not only force them to draft another left tackle in the first round, wasting even more resources, but make them look stupid for giving up on a player after year 3, two of which were injury plagued.

Good grief.

So the Chiefs will pay Fisher twice his market value to save face. Got it.

The Chiefs would prefer not to let Fisher loose. But they have the option in their backpocket during negotiations. They can use a draft pick or pay for a veteran like Okung. It would be galactically stupid for Fisher to not at least be nervous about those options. It's a business.

What I'm proposing is win-win. If the Chiefs cut Fisher in 2016, Fisher will have to beg for 2016 market value. So what if the Chiefs pay him above 2016 market value? Fisher gets above his market value and the Chiefs keep their LT long-term and save money next year. Probably save money long term too.

Easy 6
10-27-2015, 06:22 PM
Shut the fuck up.

Yet another douchefuck, just like that POS ThaVirus, that doesn't watch the games, yet comments.

Good grief... don't go old Dane.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-27-2015, 06:56 PM

Finally had 2 receivers being productive as well

Wilson finally healthy
Conley finally catching it

Hopefully when Maclin gets well we can run 3 wr and Kelce and West in single back

Exactly my thoughts. It's how the WCO should be executed and the defenses we play for the remainder of the season (sans Denver) are favorable to this passing offense. Charcandrick West should get 35% of offensive plays like he did against Pitt going forward and develop nicely into a splite carry RB with Charles for next season. Goodbye Knile.

Mr. Laz
10-27-2015, 07:01 PM
To be fair though, you don't watch the game you just need to STFU

Your opinion doesn't count

Buzz
10-27-2015, 07:41 PM
So only you and Dane are allowed to have an opinion and the rest, 99% of CP are just a bunch of dumbasses. Got it...

DaneMcCloud
10-27-2015, 07:54 PM
So only you and Dane are allowed to have an opinion and the rest, 99% of CP are just a bunch of dumbasses. Got it...

Please explain to us how you can have an "opinion" when you don't watch the game you're commenting about?

That's beyond fucking stupid.

DaneMcCloud
10-27-2015, 07:59 PM

People that don't actually watch the games shouldn't be posting about the games.

That's absurd.

Buzz
10-27-2015, 08:04 PM
Please explain to us how you can have an "opinion" when you don't watch the game you're commenting about?

That's beyond ****ing stupid.

I have watched every game but only parts of the last two, why does it bother you so much if someone doesn't agree with you?

Mr. Laz
10-27-2015, 08:47 PM
Nobody said that

I'm not even involved in your argument with Dane.

But if someone doesn't watch the games then they just need to shut up and listen to the people who did. Just sayin'

DaneMcCloud
10-27-2015, 11:37 PM
I have watched every game but only parts of the last two, why does it bother you so much if someone doesn't agree with you?

Agree? I don't give a flying fuck if you agree, Douche.

Watch the fucking games. THEN we can have a conversation, Buttfuck.

TEX
10-28-2015, 08:47 AM
To be fair though, you don't watch the game you just need to STFU

Your opinion doesn't count

Makes sense to me. If you dont watch, don't talk about what you didnt see. :shrug: In fact, I've had to temper my comments on actual games myself b/c I quit watching.

However, I can still heavily opine that Cosmo and Zilla are long lost twins, separated at birth, to save the world from stupidity...

chiefzilla1501
10-28-2015, 08:59 AM
Makes sense to me. If you dont watch, don't talk about what you didnt see. :shrug: In fact, I've had to temper my comments on actual games myself b/c I quit watching.

However, I can still heavily opine that Cosmo and Zilla are long lost twins, separated at birth, to save the world from stupidity...

Dude, just ****ing stop. You're trolling to a ridiculous level that you need to make these kind of comments about me in every. single. thread. Unprovoked.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-28-2015, 09:08 AM
He's been a good player this year. Credit to where it's due.

ThaVirus
10-28-2015, 10:14 AM
Dude, just ****ing stop. You're trolling to a ridiculous level that you need to make these kind of comments about me in every. single. thread. Unprovoked.

Like many posters here, he has a tendency to get butthurt and follow you from thread to thread after you have a disagreement.

He did the same to me for a bit after I suggested Poe might still play week 1 after the back injury was revealed.

TEX
10-28-2015, 10:17 AM
Like many posters here, he has a tendency to get butthurt and follow you from thread to thread after you have a disagreement.

He did the same to me for a bit after I suggested Poe might still play week 1 after the back injury was revealed.

Except, you idiot, that I didn't follow anyone here and you're the type that starts shit with a sucker punch then bitches when you get hit back straight up. BIG difference Dipshit.

TEX
10-28-2015, 10:21 AM

Use ignore and / or grow a pair. You and Cosmo are exactly the same. I'll stand behind that opinion.

ThaVirus
10-28-2015, 10:51 AM
Except, you idiot, that I didn't follow anyone here and you're the type that starts shit with a sucker punch then bitches when you get hit back straight up. BIG difference Dipshit.

Sucker punch? Get hit back straight up? LMAO You're a fucking weirdo and take this internet thing far too seriously.

You said you'd suffered the same injury as Poe and that there was no way he'd be able to suit up for week 1. I suggested an elite NFL athlete with some of the best medical care might be able to recover more quickly than some Joe Schmo on a message board and you followed me around to a couple other threads with your butthurtedness.

First of all, I was right about Poe so you can eat the healthiest bag of dicks. Second, let it gooo. Let it gooooooo!

chiefzilla1501
10-28-2015, 11:35 AM
Use ignore and / or grow a pair. You and Cosmo are exactly the same. I'll stand behind that opinion.

Cosmo isn't even a part of this conversation.
I got pulled in based on a conversation about whether people watch games which has nothing to do with me.

I've taken plenty of hits on cp, so I have a pair. If you want to have a heated discussion about a topic we disagree about, call me an idiot. I'll respond. Usually politely.

But trolling from thread to thread and throwing jabs about someone not even related to the discussion is just bizarre.

Eleazar
10-28-2015, 12:07 PM
Has anyone seen any articles about possible free agent linemen in the upcoming offseason, or middle round draft prospects? It would be nice to see that there is some hope to replace personnel after this season.

DJ's left nut
10-28-2015, 12:44 PM
I still say we should've extended the guy last off-season when he'd have been dirt-cheap and that the dumbest thing Andy has done to date was to shift Fisher over to RT.

Fisher's going to be a steady LT for a very long time. The Chiefs have nursed him through the hardest part of the learning curve and they were all set to consign him to RT like a bunch of idiots, just as their efforts were finally going to yield them a decent LT. And now that they've dicked him around and waited too long to work on a deal with him, they're stuck letting him play out his rookie deal next year and they'll probably have to pony up a $7 mil AAV to keep him (or pick up an extremely expensive 5th year option on him).

The way the Chiefs have handled Fisher has been fucking retarded from the jump.

The Franchise
10-28-2015, 12:52 PM
Has anyone seen any articles about possible free agent linemen in the upcoming offseason, or middle round draft prospects? It would be nice to see that there is some hope to replace personnel after this season.

Depending on how Allen does the rest of the season....we may just need depth guys and you can find those in the draft.

Mr. Laz
10-28-2015, 01:25 PM
Allen is in the last year of his contract.

Jah Reid is in his final year this year

Fisher has one more year in is contract, is due a 2.4 million dollar roster bonus next year

Grubbs base salary jumps up 4 million dollars next season

We could be looking at retooling the Oline once again.

TEX
10-28-2015, 02:48 PM

Fisher has one more year in is contract, is due a 2.4 million dollar roster bonus next year

Yep. Can do it with an Aaron Rogers or a legit Franchise Qb that can hide weaknesses. You can't do it with Alex Smith. That has been proven. It's a tactic that has and will bring out the worst in each other. The OL needs stability. Reid / Dorsey have been playing musical chairs with it for two seasons.

Baby Lee
10-28-2015, 03:05 PM

I realize that things are time sensitive. But we really need a second or two to soberly assess what we have right now.

This has been a shit show for so long, but smothering the infant when it just starts showing signs of life is a rough row to hoe.

splatbass
10-28-2015, 03:24 PM
Yep. Can do it with an Aaron Rogers or a legit Franchise Qb that can hide weaknesses. You can't do it with Alex Smith.

So where are we going to get a legit franchise QB for next year? Because he was talking about next year. We can draft a QB in the first, but he wouldn't likely be a legit franchise QB his first year. Where would you find this franchise QB?

milkman
10-28-2015, 06:03 PM
So where are we going to get a legit franchise QB for next year? Because he was talking about next year. We can draft a QB in the first, but he wouldn't likely be a legit franchise QB his first year. Where would you find this franchise QB?

He isn't talking about finding a legit franchise QB in that post.

splatbass
10-28-2015, 06:13 PM
He isn't talking about finding a legit franchise QB in that post.

He said it won't be good to shuffle our OL next year without a legit franchise QB, because Alex Smith isn't good enough. What else does that mean?

milkman
10-28-2015, 06:15 PM
He said it won't be good to shuffle our OL next year without a legit franchise QB, because Alex Smith isn't good enough. What else does that mean?

It means we should try to keep this line together.

TEX
10-28-2015, 10:29 PM

That was exactly my point. I thought it was pretty easy to follow.

Buzz
10-28-2015, 10:31 PM
Agree? I don't give a flying **** if you agree, Douche.

Watch the ****ing games. THEN we can have a conversation, Butt****.

If being a dick makes you cool, then I guess go with it, works for you.

DaneMcCloud
10-28-2015, 10:36 PM
If being a dick makes you cool, then I guess go with it, works for you.

I'm not a dick.

I'm just not appreciative of fuckballs like yourself that are casual Chiefs fans masquerading as real Chiefs fans.

You don't watch the games? Fine.

You don't watch the games and then talk out of your ass?

Fuck off.

DaneMcCloud
10-28-2015, 10:40 PM

Sunday's line was impressive. I see no reason why they can't keep it together, outside of injury, of course.

But what this season (and last season to a much higher degree) has shown is that the lack of depth at the right tackle position has all but killed the Chiefs chances at the playoffs.

The Chiefs are set at LT, LG and Center next year. LDT will only improve and Fulton is an adequate backup. The right tackle position is a dumpster fire in terms of depth, especially considering Allen's propensity for injury the past two seasons.

Right tackle can be adequately addressed from rounds 3-5 in next year's draft, IMO, especially if Allen can stay healthy the rest of 2015.

Buzz
10-29-2015, 08:50 PM
I'm not a dick.

I'm just not appreciative of ****balls like yourself that are casual Chiefs fans masquerading as real Chiefs fans.

You don't watch the games? Fine.

You don't watch the games and then talk out of your ass?

**** off.

Does this mean we aren't friends? going to miss you buddy.

DaneMcCloud
10-29-2015, 08:58 PM
Does this mean we aren't friends? going to miss you buddy.

It's nice to see that your wife allows you post every 24 hours.

You're so dialed in.

Buzz
10-29-2015, 09:06 PM
It's nice to see that your wife allows you post every 24 hours.

You're so dialed in.

She is nice.