PDA

View Full Version : Royals Should I watch the WS?

displacedinMN
10-30-2015, 08:11 AM
I like the Royals but don't really follow baseball. I would love to see KC win.
I watched game 7 last year, and KC lost.

Don't want to jinx anything. Maybe I should quit watching the Chiefs.

InChiefsHeaven
10-30-2015, 08:28 AM
I like the Royals but don't really follow baseball. I would love to see KC win.
I watched game 7 last year, and KC lost.

Don't want to jinx anything. Maybe I should quit watching the Chiefs.

I'm in the same boat. The Royals are mightier than our jinx power. Watch the series and enjoy the fact that KC actually has a winner in it, even if it's not our stupid ass Chiefs.

ptlyon
10-30-2015, 08:30 AM
Personally I would say no with that track record, but would not feel right saying that to someone who is hobbled with nothing else to do.

If you do tonight though and the royals lose, we are contacting your wife and having her smash the TV.

CaliforniaChief
10-30-2015, 08:40 AM
You should absolutely watch. And enjoy.

displacedinMN
10-30-2015, 08:42 AM
Personally I would say no with that track record, but would not feel right saying that to someone who is hobbled with nothing else to do.

If you do tonight though and the royals lose, we are contacting your wife and having her smash the TV.

If they lose, I will not watch without sacrificing the tv.

CaliforniaChief
10-30-2015, 08:44 AM
I watched Game 7 last year. I watched all of them. It was painful, but worth it. And it's more fun now. What good is sports success if you're wound so tight you can't even watch it?

unlurking
10-30-2015, 08:45 AM
I quit watching the Chiefs. Didn't help. :(

RealSNR
10-30-2015, 08:50 AM
No. And stop watching the Wolves while you're at it, too.

displacedinMN
10-30-2015, 08:52 AM

Usually don't watch the Wolves. So that is why they won at LA.

we should have a side conversation about the craziness of MPLS news right now.

Flip, Torii, Kill, Jacob Wetterling. Crazy news week here.

NewChief
10-30-2015, 08:53 AM
You've already missed two great games (for very different reasons).

I've got a different jinx power, evidently. In both games, I've had to start watching late because I've had to get the kids to bed.

Royals have been behind when I turned on TV both times, then immediately rallied within the inning to tie or go ahead.

So, I've got to keep turning on the game late, clearly.

Fish
10-30-2015, 08:57 AM
Sports superstitions are dumb. Watch whatever the hell you want and don't worry about it.

RealSNR
10-30-2015, 08:58 AM
Usually don't watch the Wolves. So that is why they won at LA.

we should have a side conversation about the craziness of MPLS news right now.

Flip, Torii, Kill, Jacob Wetterling. Crazy news week here.

Ricky? How about Ricky? 28 points and 14 dimes?

He's got some 'splainin to do

Bearcat
10-30-2015, 09:02 AM
I watched Game 7 last year. I watched all of them. It was painful, but worth it. And it's more fun now. What good is sports success if you're wound so tight you can't even watch it?

This. The two times off the top of my head that were truly stressful this year were Volquez getting out of his last inning in game 1 of the ALCS and the last half inning of game 6 of the ALCS... besides those innings and of course the Cueto's road start in Toronto and most of game 4 of the ALDS, it's been a blast.

They're the most clutch, most resilient team you may ever watch, and you'll never know the next time they have a chance to win a World Series... enjoy every minute of it.

Bearcat
10-30-2015, 09:04 AM
You've already missed two great games (for very different reasons).

I've got a different jinx power, evidently. In both games, I've had to start watching late because I've had to get the kids to bed.

Royals have been behind when I turned on TV both times, then immediately rallied within the inning to tie or go ahead.

So, I've got to keep turning on the game late, clearly.

If only there was a logical reason for this... :hmmm:

displacedinMN
10-30-2015, 09:10 AM
Sports superstitions are dumb. Watch whatever the hell you want and don't worry about it.

There was a post on this.

FlaChief58
10-30-2015, 09:55 AM
You never know when you'll get another chance to see a championship caliber team that you like on the biggest stage again. Superstition be dammed. Watch the games and enjoy the ride!

ArrowheadHawk
10-30-2015, 10:00 AM
I don't believe in Jinx or superstition. Fans have no control over the game.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-30-2015, 10:48 AM
Take that Marlin douches tickets so his dumb ass doesn't sit behind home plate every damn game.

ROYC75
10-30-2015, 11:10 AM
Watch it and enjoy! Rather you watch or not has no bearing on the outcome, it's just merely a coincidence.

Last year I didn't watch many games early, but when I did, we won, then KC got HOT, won often, I was watching and for a really stupid reason I counted back the days I had watched. We won about 80% of the times I watched, I had nothing to do with it. It was fun to watch the winning, but I also watched many losses.

Just enjoy watching good baseball! :Royals:

displacedinMN
10-30-2015, 11:18 AM
Take that Marlin douches tickets so his dumb ass doesn't sit behind home plate every damn game.

Yea, what is up with that guy? Please tell me.

displacedinMN
10-30-2015, 06:00 PM
OK I am in.
Now one home to complain.

If KC loses, then I will skip the next game.

BTW-I hate New York anything.

Toby Waller
10-30-2015, 06:42 PM
watch it

10-30-2015, 09:02 PM
NO. Now go away.

Al Bundy
10-30-2015, 09:06 PM
You jinxed J/K. It was Ventura.. he was what the Mets needed.

displacedinMN
10-31-2015, 07:37 AM
prob out tonight.

RealSNR
10-31-2015, 09:00 AM

It's like they're not even listening

Pasta Little Brioni
10-31-2015, 10:58 AM
:( You can't watch any more