PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Reid/Dorsey safe for 2016.

Pages : [1] 2

Al Bundy
11-01-2015, 08:10 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash">#Chiefs</a> chairman Clark Hunt says he will stick with Andy Reid and John Dorsey for 2016, even if they end up with a top 5, top 10 pick.</p>&mdash; Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) <a href="https://twitter.com/TerezPaylor/status/660807458454114304">November 1, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bugeater
11-01-2015, 08:12 AM
I am 0% surprised by this.

Gravedigger
Looks like Alex Smith in 2016 regardless of situation to me.

Marcellus
This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Clark wants continuity.

Marcellus
11-01-2015, 08:13 AM
Looks like Alex Smith in 2016 regardless of situation to me.

His contract makes this as obvious as the nose on your face.

He can be cut after 2016 without much cost.

kcchiefsus
11-01-2015, 08:29 AM
Keeping Alex Smith should NOT keep us from taking a quarterback if given the chance. Let the rookie sit the bench while Alex Smith continues to get obliterated behind our shit OL. Give the line another year to be built up and the rookie will be ready to start in 2017 when Alex Smith is either broken and/or gone.

MotherfuckerJones
11-01-2015, 08:33 AM
Not surprising but they better be thinking about a rookie QB to start next year.

MotherfuckerJones
11-01-2015, 08:34 AM
Keeping Alex Smith should NOT keep us from taking a quarterback if given the chance. Let the rookie sit the bench while Alex Smith continues to get obliterated behind our shit OL. Give the line another year to be built up and the rookie will be ready to start in 2017 when Alex Smith is either broken and/or gone.

Fuck no. It's a plug and play league. Alex is done after this season.

Buehler445
11-01-2015, 08:37 AM
Sun comes up in the east.

Eleazar
11-01-2015, 08:37 AM
Reid has earned a firing, but from the owner's perspective, you have to let your head coach and GM pick a new QB if they miss on one before you clean house.

DrunkBassGuitar
11-01-2015, 08:41 AM
looking forward to wasting our top 5 draft pick

Deberg_1990
11-01-2015, 08:42 AM
Good. Let them finish their 5 year plan

Why Not?
11-01-2015, 08:55 AM
Not gonna lie, that was a sweet play call

BigCatDaddy
11-01-2015, 08:56 AM
Figured but a 1st round QB is the only way to generate any interest in the team next year even if he doesnt play right away.

dirk digler
11-01-2015, 08:57 AM
I am 0% surprised by this.

Yep. Wasn't expecting anything different from this mediocre franchise.

stonedstooge
11-01-2015, 08:58 AM
Pretty good year on the revenue side. Why would I dump them?/CHunt

Marcellus
11-01-2015, 08:58 AM
Yep. Wasn't expecting anything different from this mediocre franchise.

Because starting over every 2-3 years is how you build a contender.

BigCatDaddy
11-01-2015, 09:04 AM

You dont need to start over but you cant sale Reid/Smith/Dorsey to the fanbase again. People arent buying.

jonzie04
11-01-2015, 09:08 AM
3 and out after a 9 yard run on first down.... I wonder what the odds are on that one?

edit, sorry thought I was in the game thread.

Trivers
11-01-2015, 09:13 AM

Artfully stated.

They should be back.

Reload in the draft and back into the breech.

dirk digler
11-01-2015, 09:17 AM

I have no problem keeping Dorsey around but we have been to the playoffs 1 time in 3 years and no wins. Reid should fall for that.

Since Reid is staying I would expect wholesale changes especially on defense. But knowing Reid there won't be any and AS will still be the starting QB. Unexcusable IMO.

Trivers
11-01-2015, 09:17 AM
I have no problem keeping Dorsey around but we have been to the playoffs 1 time in 3 years and no wins. Reid should fall for that.

:shake:

Marcellus
11-01-2015, 09:33 AM

Since Reid is staying I would expect wholesale changes especially on defense. But knowing Reid there won't be any and AS will still be the starting QB. Unexcusable IMO.

There needs to be changes in personnel and we are likely stuck with Smith for 1 more year, there is no getting around the $. There is no use crying about it.

And I am not a fan of Reid but saying we have only made the playoffs 1 time in 3 seasons so we need to fire him is silly.

RunKC
11-01-2015, 09:33 AM
Figured but a 1st round QB is the only way to generate any interest in the team next year even if he doesnt play right away.

They won't do it

OctoberFart
11-01-2015, 09:35 AM
What a garbage franchise. Why would you keep those under achievers around. Lol. Like I said, Hunts are happy as long as you guys show up and fill the stadium up.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-01-2015, 09:41 AM
I'm not surprised at these responses after reading Royals game day threads. ROFL

ThaVirus
11-01-2015, 09:44 AM
What a garbage franchise. Why would you keep those under achievers around. Lol. Like I said, Hunts are happy as long as you guys show up and fill the stadium up.

If every fan abandoned ship when things got ugly Oakland ticket sales would have bottomed out for about 10 straight years

carcosa
11-01-2015, 09:50 AM
Great.

Hopefully the Royals can keep their core intact and stay competitive, because the Chiefs are basically a lost cause until Reid & Smith are gone.

dirk digler
There needs to be changes in personnel and we are likely stuck with Smith for 1 more year, there is no getting around the $. There is no use crying about it.

And I am not a fan of Reid but saying we have only made the playoffs 1 time in 3 seasons so we need to fire him is silly.

I understand AS is going to be here but they better draft his replacement if possible.

I am curious though why you think it is silly to fire a coach who leads a team with alot of talent but has regressed every year? Though I would concede if by some miracle Reid gets this team to the playoffs this year he should stick around at least 1 more season.

HemiEd
Shocking I tell ya, shocking.

FloridaMan88
11-01-2015, 10:13 AM
Clark also said Reid/Dorsey and their staffs are doing a great job.

13-18 since the 9-0 start is a "great job"?

chiefzilla1501
11-01-2015, 10:26 AM
I get it's not the same thing. But still interesting to note that the Hunts owned two MLS teams. The Wizards and the Columbus Crew. After the Hunts sold the Wizards, attendance and winning has improved dramatically. Now a few years after selling the Crew, the Crew are one of the best teams in the MLS. I don't usually dog on the Hunts. But it's still interesting to think about.

BigCatDaddy
11-01-2015, 10:31 AM
Clark also said Reid/Dorsey and their staffs are doing a great job.

13-18 since the 9-0 start is a "great job"?

He wouldnt publicly say anything else.

Marcellus
11-01-2015, 10:41 AM
I get it's not the same thing. But still interesting to note that the Hunts owned two MLS teams. The Wizards and the Columbus Crew. After the Hunts sold the Wizards, attendance and winning has improved dramatically. Now a few years after selling the Crew, the Crew are one of the best teams in the MLS. I don't usually dog on the Hunts. But it's still interesting to think about.

One has nothing to do with the other but what would rather Hunt to have done since he took over?

chiefzilla1501
11-01-2015, 10:48 AM
One has nothing to do with the other but what would rather Hunt to have done since he took over?

I get that those were more side investments to get the league started, but they're still teams formerly owned by the Hunt group. I am just pointing it out as interesting. I don't have a particular issue with the Hunts.

One thing I would like him to do a ton different is to micromanage a little bit. Not to Jerry Jones level. He puts way too much trust in his GMs, but sometimes they need to be managed too.

RunKC
11-01-2015, 10:49 AM

How about "quit doing what your father did" for 500 Alex?

Marcellus
11-01-2015, 10:52 AM
How about "quit doing what your father did" for 500 Alex?

Way to show your complete ignorance.

Marcellus
11-01-2015, 10:53 AM
I get that those were more side investments to get the league started, but they're still teams formerly owned by the Hunt group. I am just pointing it out as interesting. I don't have a particular issue with the Hunts.

One thing I would like him to do a ton different is to micromanage a little bit. Not to Jerry Jones level. He puts way too much trust in his GMs, but sometimes they need to be managed too.

Having the GM and Coach report directly to him rather than the Coach to the GM is right along those lines.

RunKC
11-01-2015, 10:56 AM
Way to show your complete ignorance.

Clark has been running the show for 10 years and nothing has changed.

Nothing

chiefzilla1501
11-01-2015, 10:58 AM
Having the GM and Coach report directly to him rather than the Coach to the GM is right along those lines.

Is that happening? Because it still looks as hands off as ever. This team looks and feels like it is being run by Andy Reid.

Look at the way Arthur Blank emasculated Pioli in Atlanta. You don't see even a hint of the Patriot Way in that organization and knowing what we know about that cult, that's saying a lot.

Marcellus
11-01-2015, 11:00 AM
Clark has been running the show for 10 years and nothing has changed.

Nothing

How many times in 10 years did Lamar fire a coach and a HC 4 years into their tenure?
Clark has fired 2 GM's and 3 coaches in 10 years.

When did Lamar have the coach report directly to him along with the GM?

Just say we haven't drafted a 1st rd QB and get it over with.

Marcellus
11-01-2015, 11:01 AM
Is that happening? Because it still looks as hands off as ever. This team looks and feels like it is being run by Andy Reid.

Look at the way Arthur Blank emasculated Pioli in Atlanta. You don't see even a hint of the Patriot Way in that organization and knowing what we know about that cult, that's saying a lot.

Thats exactly how its set up. Just because Clark doesn't speak out in public about things doesn't mean he isn't engaged. Thats just a ridiculous comparison.

RunKC
11-01-2015, 11:04 AM
How many times in 10 years did Lamar fire a coach and a HC 4 years into their tenure?
Clark has fired 2 GM's and 3 coaches in 10 years.

When did Lamar have the coach report directly to him along with the GM?

Just say we haven't drafted a 1st rd QB and get it over with.

Clark didn't want to fire Pioli. Only reason He was fired was bc Clark's siblings outvoted him and Andy didn't want to work with him.

That tells you all you need to know.

Marcellus
11-01-2015, 11:08 AM
Clark didn't want to fire Pioli. Only reason He was fired was bc Clark's siblings outvoted him and Andy didn't want to work with him.

That tells you all you need to know.

OK

chiefzilla1501
11-01-2015, 11:10 AM
Thats exactly how its set up. Just because Clark doesn't speak out in public about things doesn't mean he isn't engaged. Thats just a ridiculous comparison.

Does this look like a front office that is pushing back on Andy Reid? I don't think there's a single sane person that would say that. When Hunt takes action, it's been a force to be reckoned with. He's done some bold things. But between those times, he doesn't seem to be pushing back the way he needs to.

O.city
11-01-2015, 11:14 AM
The owner employs who he feels arr the right people to run things and let's them run it.

Its a pretty basic business model

Mr. Flopnuts
11-01-2015, 11:15 AM
Let's be like Oakland and fire GM's/Coaches every 2-3 years!

ModSocks
11-01-2015, 11:18 AM
Damn, Knile must've fucked Eric Bieniemy's wife or something.

ModSocks
11-01-2015, 11:18 AM
whoops wrong thread.

Oh and, if you thought Reid/Dorsey would get the axe you're stupid. If anyone falls on the sword, it'd be Alex.

O.city
11-01-2015, 11:20 AM

My thoughts as well.

Somewhat like cincy, just keep drafting and building.

RunKC
11-01-2015, 11:24 AM
My thoughts as well.

Somewhat like cincy, just keep drafting and building.

Ready for more mediocrity and an Alex Smith led team with no first rd QB in 2016?

Woo!

O.city
11-01-2015, 11:27 AM
Ready for more mediocrity and an Alex Smith led team with no first rd QB in 2016?

Woo!

Why can't they draft a first round qb?

The goal is to build the best and most rounded roster you can. With smith being movable after next season, I'd imagine qb would be pretty high on the list

O.city
11-01-2015, 11:33 AM
And I also would like a first round qb go sit for a year.

Hell, build the roster more, make Smith look better then trade him. Win win

chiefzilla1501
11-01-2015, 11:33 AM

Here's a classic example....
A few weeks ago, Reid asked if he would give up playcalling. He basically said "**** no." Who makes that call? Because it sure sounds like Reid is calling every single shot. Everything we've heard leads us to believe Alex Smith is Reid's guy and this team hasn't shown any hint of wanting to bring in competition for that QB job.

I'm reminded of Dick Vermeil in St. Louis vs. Kansas City (and yes, I get that that was Lamar's team at the time). Vermeil didn't want to fire his inept OCs and was pissed off when St. Louis wanted to replace Tony Banks. Vermeil wanted to trade Faulk. The Rams went out and forced Martz onto Vermeil, traded for Trent Green despite Vermeil's wishes, and stuck with Faulk. The rest is history. That's how you counter a head coach who has way too much power. Can't help but wonder if things would have been different if Peterson didn't bend over backwards for vermeil by sticking with incompetent guys like Greg Robinson and Lynn Stiles.

bevischief
11-01-2015, 11:34 AM
whoops wrong thread.

Oh and, if you thought Reid/Dorsey would get the axe you're stupid. If anyone falls on the sword, it'd be Alex.

Make it so number one.

Rausch
11-01-2015, 11:36 AM
Damn. Why'd I have to see this after such a great win?...

RunKC
11-01-2015, 11:38 AM
Why can't they draft a first round qb?

The goal is to build the best and most rounded roster you can. With smith being movable after next season, I'd imagine qb would be pretty high on the list

Hope you're right bud but I'll believe it when I see it

Rausch
11-01-2015, 11:41 AM

I'd prefer to be more like GB or Pitt or NE and just get it right when we hire a HC...

dirk digler
11-01-2015, 11:45 AM
Here's a classic example....
A few weeks ago, Reid asked if he would give up playcalling. He basically said "**** no." Who makes that call? Because it sure sounds like Reid is calling every single shot. Everything we've heard leads us to believe Alex Smith is Reid's guy and this team hasn't shown any hint of wanting to bring in competition for that QB job.

I'm reminded of Dick Vermeil in St. Louis vs. Kansas City (and yes, I get that that was Lamar's team at the time). Vermeil didn't want to fire his inept OCs and was pissed off when St. Louis wanted to replace Tony Banks. Vermeil wanted to trade Faulk. The Rams went out and forced Martz onto Vermeil, traded for Trent Green despite Vermeil's wishes, and stuck with Faulk. The rest is history. That's how you counter a head coach who has way too much power. Can't help but wonder if things would have been different if Peterson didn't bend over backwards for vermeil by sticking with incompetent guys like Greg Robinson and Lynn Stiles.

I think it is pretty obvious Reid is running the show, they hired him prior to hiring Dorsey. I seem to remember in Philly Reid didn't fire any of his staff very often so I am not expecting any change in regards to the staff.

chiefzilla1501
11-01-2015, 11:46 AM
The owner employs who he feels arr the right people to run things and let's them run it.

Its a pretty basic business model

And when they don't or have a history of doing things wrong, owners can step in when needed. Again, the Falcons are a classic example. Blank promoted Pioli, but he took over the head coaching search because he knew Pioli would march in the same Patriot jerkoffs. We don't want a Jerry Jones. But this front office has been on the extreme in terms of giving their GMs and HCs way too much power.

MotherfuckerJones
11-01-2015, 11:47 AM
No need for a QB to sit. It's a plug and play league. Let them grow.

O.city
11-01-2015, 11:48 AM
No need for a QB to sit. It's a plug and play league. Let them grow.

That's why 90 percent of said qbs fail.

Sit and learn

Chiefaholic
11-01-2015, 11:48 AM

I know this isn't the popular stance here, but you're 100% correct. Dorsey and reid deserve at least another couple seasons to show their plan and get it into place. Alex Smith, on the other hand, needs replaced ASAP. Next years draft pool doesn't impress me.

Rausch
11-01-2015, 11:49 AM

Sit and learn

Exactly...

chiefzilla1501
11-01-2015, 11:51 AM
I know this isn't the popular stance here, but you're 100% correct. Dorsey and reid deserve at least another couple seasons to show their plan and get it into place. Alex Smith, on the other hand, needs replaced ASAP. Next years draft pool doesn't impress me.

I'm not a fan of Andy Reid, but I'm not calling for his head. What's more frustrating is that we all see it coming... the Chiefs will go on a run late in the year, barely miss the playoffs, and they'll sell to us that everything is going fine. Bullshit. The issues are really simple if the front office would grow a pair of balls. Put Sutton's job on watch, strip Andy Reid of playcalling, and draft a first round QB at least to compete with Alex Smith. If we go on a 2-3 year plan without those three things, that's just stupid and lazy.

bevischief
11-01-2015, 11:53 AM
I misread this and thought it said for sale...

staylor26
11-01-2015, 11:55 AM
Anybody that wants Dorsey gone should jump off the nearest cliff/bridge

MotherfuckerJones
11-01-2015, 11:57 AM

Sit and learn

Sit and learn from Smith? They get experience by playing. If the fail rate is 90% it's because they just aren't very good. It's hit or miss. We've seen enough for Smith

HemiEd
11-01-2015, 11:59 AM
You dont need to start over but you cant sale Reid/Smith/Dorsey to the fanbase again. People arent buying.

Most actually are happy with Smith, they think Smith is the second coming of Joe Montana. Fire up the smokers and get in line!

Smith graded out perfect today, in spite of throwing a three yard loss screen on 2nd and 1, when the game was not decided yet.

Smith is the absolute perfect 8-8/9-7 QB for the Chiefs in pursuit of a wild card berth.

Mav
11-01-2015, 11:59 AM
Sit and learn from Smith? They get experience by playing. If the fail rate is 90% it's because they just aren't very good. It's hit or miss. We've seen enough for Smith

Give it up. It costs more to cut Alex Smith next season than to keep him.

BigMeatballDave
11-01-2015, 12:00 PM
Shocking

Mav
11-01-2015, 12:00 PM
Most actually are happy with Smith, they think Smith is the second coming of Joe Montana. Fire up the smokers and get in line!

Smith graded out perfect today, in spite of throwing a three yard loss screen on 2nd and 1, when the game was not decided yet.

Smith is the absolute perfect 8-8/9-7 QB for the Chiefs in pursuit of a wild card berth.

Gotta love when people single out one play in a 35 point win. Always adds credibility.

tk13
11-01-2015, 12:05 PM

That's not entirely true. I think you could very much argue that guys like Rivers, Romo and Rodgers all benefited from sitting for a couple years.

Other guys like Roethlisberger were basically handed a #1 rushing attack and #1 defense, and asked not to screw it up.

It just depends on the QB. I've said this in other threads, but who are going to be the great QBs in 5 years? Luck and Wilson obviously, but even they aren't having their best years. Rivers, Romo, Eli etc are all into their mid-30s. It's not like there are a ton of young guys being thrown to the wolves and succeeding at this point. It just depends on the mindset of the QB. Most guys aren't as pro ready as Andrew Luck was.

Discuss Thrower
11-01-2015, 12:10 PM
Hooray for mediocrity.

dirk digler
11-01-2015, 12:13 PM
I have no problem with a rookie QB sitting behind Smith for a year. My worry is though that as long as Reid is here Alex will be the starter at least for the foreseeable future.

chiefzilla1501
11-01-2015, 12:20 PM
Gotta love when people single out one play in a 35 point win. Always adds credibility.

The one play I'm singling out is Alex's TD throw to Maclin. Maclin wasn't open when Smith threw it. It was a great read.

What bothers me about the offensive performance is our red zone offense was successful despite us doing the same shit we do every week in the red zone. Except that we ran it more which is nice. We aren't going to have an easy time getting into the end zone in the future if Alex won't throw into the end zone in tight games. So I think we're looking at this win as a little fools gold.

Red Dawg
11-01-2015, 12:21 PM
No surprise. I just hope they can lose the rest. We need the high pick for a QB.

Mav
11-01-2015, 12:22 PM
The one play I'm singling out is Alex's TD throw to Maclin. Maclin wasn't open when Smith threw it. It was a great read.

What bothers me about the offensive performance is our red zone offense was successful despite us doing the same shit we do every week in the red zone. Except that we ran it more which is nice. We aren't going to have an easy time getting into the end zone in the future if Alex won't throw into the end zone in tight games. So I think we're looking at this win as a little fools gold.

The lions are bad. There is no denying it. But good to see the Chiefs show life.

Chiefaholic
11-01-2015, 12:28 PM
Hooray for mediocrity.

Were you one of the fools crying to dismantle the Royals two years ago. Who's the fool now? The owner that saw the long term advantage, or the fan who wants immediate dividends?

Trivers
11-01-2015, 12:29 PM
No surprise. I just hope they can lose the rest. We need the high pick for a QB.

Never played serious sports did ya?

Discuss Thrower
11-01-2015, 12:40 PM
Were you one of the fools crying to dismantle the Royals two years ago. Who's the fool now? The owner that saw the long term advantage, or the fan who wants immediate dividends?

No because the Royals were actually building a contender.

The Chiefs ceiling with Reid and Smith over the next two seasons is one playoff win and a slightly over .500 record.

They're never getting past the wild card round with what they have on the field now. The defense isn't good enough, the line isn't good enough and the skill players aren't good enough... And that's not getting fixed with two draft classes (especially ones as bad as 2013 and 2014) peppered with free agent signings.

Donger
11-01-2015, 12:40 PM
I'd like to see what that was in response to.

Mr. Laz
11-01-2015, 12:45 PM
Fuck no. It's a plug and play league. Alex is done after this season.
no he's not

Even if we draft a QB in the 1st round, Alex Smith is our starter for at least part of next year and probably the entire thing. Any draftee will compete for time in 2017.

stevieray
11-01-2015, 01:00 PM

then why bother?

oh that's right, it your needs being met by downplaying a win.

Dave Lane
11-01-2015, 01:12 PM
This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Clark wants continuity.

You spelled 8-8 wrong

bevischief
11-01-2015, 01:17 PM
The real question is who is not safe?

Discuss Thrower
11-01-2015, 01:19 PM

I'd bet Sutton retires in January.

Mr. Laz
11-01-2015, 01:23 PM

Stephenson is gone
Knile Davis might be traded if Charles is healthy to start the season
Eric Berry is probably gone unless he takes a significant paycut
Hali will probably retire, although Ford hasn't shown much of anything. Detroit started running right at Ford as soon as he enter the game

Reid probably won't make any coaching changes, although i think our Oline and Secondary coaches are suspect.

DaneMcCloud
11-01-2015, 01:33 PM

:facepalm:

RunKC
11-01-2015, 02:03 PM
Stephenson is gone
Knile Davis might be traded if Charles is healthy to start the season
Eric Berry is probably gone unless he takes a significant paycut
Hali will probably retire, although Ford hasn't shown much of anything. Detroit started running right at Ford as soon as he enter the game

Reid probably won't make any coaching changes, although i think our Oline and Secondary coaches are suspect.

Eric Berry has gotten a lot better. He's looked like the Berry of old. I think we keep him.

scho63
11-01-2015, 02:42 PM
This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Clark wants continuity. continuing profits

FYP :D

BigMeatballDave
11-01-2015, 03:26 PM
No surprise. I just hope they can lose the rest. We need the high pick for a QB.If you actually think this will happen, you should probably see a shrink.

OctoberFart
11-01-2015, 03:52 PM
If every fan abandoned ship when things got ugly Oakland ticket sales would have bottomed out for about 10 straight years

It's not about Oakland. KC is OK with blowing smoke up your guys arse making you think they are trying to win a title. They really don't care and only care about filling their own pockets. No way KC fires Reid and pays him and another coach.

OctoberFart
11-01-2015, 03:54 PM

We do have 2 extra titles and we aren't afraid to draft a QB. You guys would much rather be in out shoes then that deadend you guys are in with Smith and Reid.

bevischief
11-01-2015, 03:56 PM
England here we come...

Prison Bitch
11-01-2015, 04:00 PM
This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Clark wants to avoid paying 7.5/yr to a former coach.

Fixed

ThaVirus
11-01-2015, 04:02 PM
It's not about Oakland. KC is OK with blowing smoke up your guys arse making you think they are trying to win a title. They really don't care and only care about filling their own pockets. No way KC fires Reid and pays him and another coach.

Yeah, damn near 50 years without a Super Bowl win or appearance and 23 or so without a playoff win.. I can't argue with you.

milkman
11-01-2015, 04:44 PM
That's not entirely true. I think you could very much argue that guys like Rivers, Romo and Rodgers all benefited from sitting for a couple years.

Other guys like Roethlisberger were basically handed a #1 rushing attack and #1 defense, and asked not to screw it up.

It just depends on the QB. I've said this in other threads, but who are going to be the great QBs in 5 years? Luck and Wilson obviously, but even they aren't having their best years. Rivers, Romo, Eli etc are all into their mid-30s. It's not like there are a ton of young guys being thrown to the wolves and succeeding at this point. It just depends on the mindset of the QB. Most guys aren't as pro ready as Andrew Luck was.

And you look at the elite QBs in the league, other than Peyton Manning (who is no longer among the elite), all these guys spent time on the bench learning.

Prison Bitch
11-01-2015, 04:46 PM
And you look at the elite QBs in the league, other than Peyton Manning (who is no longer among the elite), all these guys spent time on the bench learning.

Tom Brady says hi. So does Russell Wilson. And Drew Brees. And Cam Newton.

bevischief
11-01-2015, 04:46 PM
Clark here to save tve the day...

Mr. Laz
11-01-2015, 04:52 PM
Eric Berry has gotten a lot better. He's looked like the Berry of old. I think we keep him.

Actually Berry missed several tackles today

I wouldn't think we would pay him 9-10 million per year.

milkman
11-01-2015, 05:18 PM
Tom Brady says hi. So does Russell Wilson. And Drew Brees. And Cam Newton.

Russel Wilson will, in all likely hood, become elite, but I would not put him that category yet.

Tom Brady spent his rookie season on the bench.

Drew Brees spent his rookie season on the bench.

And Cam Newton isn't elite, though like Wilson, he might get there.

JoeyChuckles
11-01-2015, 05:28 PM
If I'm not mistaken, votes of confidence from the owner or GM usually lead to firings shortly after, at least in the NFL. Miami was the most recent.

NJChiefsFan
11-01-2015, 06:37 PM
Russel Wilson will, in all likely hood, become elite, but I would not put him that category yet.

Running QB's also have a little advantage in letting their legs get them out of trouble.

BryanBusby
11-01-2015, 06:42 PM

Cam Newton may not be an elite passer, but he's a hell of a play maker who has kept his squad undefeated...which is a miracle considering the garbage he has for targets not named Olsen.

SDChiefs
11-01-2015, 06:57 PM
Alice Smiff 145 yards passing. Marc Kastle 97 yards passing. Chiefs starting quarterbacks 7 years running. Fuck CHunt.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-01-2015, 06:58 PM
I too saw "for sale".

And momentarily rejoiced. Over Reid at least.

BossChief
11-01-2015, 07:54 PM
And I also would like a first round qb go sit for a year.

Hell, build the roster more, make Smith look better then trade him. Win win

This is literally best case scenario.

RunKC
11-01-2015, 08:08 PM
Nobody is gonna trade for Alex when they can get Chase Daniel or Matt Cassel and get similar results

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-01-2015, 08:21 PM

Russell Wilson is the epitome of elite game manager. He is athletic and he is smart. But his limitations come at his height and cost him the SB where he had to throw a pass higher than most would. I said it since his second season, he's a far better leader at QB than Andrew luck.

Cam newton doesn't have the motivation nor the brain to improve his skill set. He is the same player that he was in year 1.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-01-2015, 08:22 PM
Nobody is gonna trade for Alex when they can get Chase Daniel or Matt Cassel and get similar results

If Daniel can get us a 4th or 5th round pick I'll take it at this point. There are plenty of gems to be found in later rounds. That Stefon Digg kid is an absolute beast hiding in round 5.

Chief Roundup
11-02-2015, 09:52 AM
90 plus percent of fans disagree.

BigCatDaddy
11-02-2015, 10:08 AM
90 plus percent of fans disagree.

Disagree with what?

chiefzilla1501
11-02-2015, 10:21 AM
Russell Wilson is the epitome of elite game manager. He is athletic and he is smart. But his limitations come at his height and cost him the SB where he had to throw a pass higher than most would. I said it since his second season, he's a far better leader at QB than Andrew luck.

Cam newton doesn't have the motivation nor the brain to improve his skill set. He is the same player that he was in year 1.

Russell Wilson misses one opportunity in the Super Bowl to close a game and that's used against him. But shame on Pete Carroll for dialing that play instead of a low risk fade or throwaway. Meanwhile, Alex Smith has blown a bazillion opportunities to win on a last drive in KC and hasn't done it once. Boy, that's fair.

Let me repeat... If Russell Wilson closed that super bowl game, he'd be tied with Alex Smith for total game winning drives. Nevermind that Russell has started half as many games. I'll let that sink in.

Chief Roundup
11-02-2015, 02:50 PM
Disagree with what?

The ability to sell fans Smith/Reid/Dorsey. 90% of this fan base will buy whatever the Chiefs put on the field, etc.

GloryDayz
11-02-2015, 04:12 PM
LMAO Clark is command of this ship! Five more minute of fame for him as he makes yet another odd decision.

ILChief
11-03-2015, 06:15 AM
I'm coming around on this. Look across the parking lot. People wanted to run Ned Yost out of town a few years ago. Horrible in game decisions with bullpen, bunting all the time. #Yosted. Dayton Moore was brought in after being an understudy to a long time GM with a stable winning franchise. Both he and Dorsey started their GM careers with the number one pick and picked a player that started out as a bust but tuned solid if nothing else (Hocheavar/Fisher)

Also in the nfl, tom Coughlin, dick vermeil in STL, Ron Rivera, Marvin Lewis, and probably more are all examples of coaches that fans wanted to ship out that either won the super bowl or are undefeated his year.

Trivers
11-03-2015, 07:15 AM
I'm coming around on this. Look across the parking lot. People wanted to run Ned Yost out of town a few years ago. Horrible in game decisions with bullpen, bunting all the time. #Yosted. Dayton Moore was brought in after being an understudy to a long time GM with a stable winning franchise. Both he and Dorsey started their GM careers with the number one pick and picked a player that started out as a bust but tuned solid if nothing else (Hocheavar/Fisher)

Also in the nfl, tom Coughlin, dick vermeil in STL, Ron Rivera, Marvin Lewis, and probably more are all examples of coaches that fans wanted to ship out that either won the super bowl or are undefeated his year.

/This :clap:

BigCatDaddy
11-03-2015, 07:46 AM

Apples and oranges.

KCUnited
11-03-2015, 07:52 AM

Yost pretty much admitted that he had to change his managerial style to be successful. He admitted that he was a stubborn manager who needed to trust his coaches more and let his players play. Do you think Andy Reid can change?

TEX
11-03-2015, 07:53 AM

Both Reid and Dorsey also come from organizations that know the importance of having a franchise QB. Do this, and I'm on board. Until then, I'm skeptical. That's the way it should be - especially in KC where a retread QB culture exists.

KCTitus
11-03-2015, 08:04 AM
...especially in KC where a retread QB culture exists.

Interesting point...and it begs the question how or why does that exist? Everything has changed, and I mean everything from the owner on down. It was arguable that while Peterson was here that was his decision alone, but it was clear, he was taking his cues from his head coaches.

Some thought Lamar, well, he's gone (RIP) as well...I'd like to assume that Clark didnt promise his father on his death bed to 'never draft a QB', so there's got to be an opportunity for this to happen at some point.

Three front office regimes in the last 10+ years and each one has picked up a cast off from another team and propped him up as a starter while ignoring the position for all intents and purposes in the draft.

OctoberFart
11-03-2015, 08:54 AM
Hey your guys next QB from SF just became available. Colin K would fit perfect with KC.

FloridaMan88
11-03-2015, 09:11 AM
I am not against Clark committing to Dorsey/Reid long term, but he needs to demand some changes to the coaching staff and force Reid to give up play-calling duties, unless the Chiefs somehow turn their season around during the final 8 games.

TEX
11-03-2015, 11:13 AM
I am not against Clark committing to Dorsey/Reid long term, but he needs to demand some changes to the coaching staff and force Reid to give up play-calling duties, unless the Chiefs somehow turn their season around during the final 8 games.

Regardless, a franchise QB must finally be drafted and developed on their watch.

Discuss Thrower
11-03-2015, 11:22 AM
Regardless, a franchise QB must finally be drafted and developed on their watch.

Better get over that idea sooner than later.

The Franchise
11-03-2015, 11:30 AM

We're slowly fucking ourselves out of the position to draft one. And good luck trading up for one.

chiefzilla1501
11-03-2015, 11:33 AM

Clarks comments this week don't sound promising. He's spinning this as if we are turning this ship around because we've won a few pretty meaningless games. And it sounds like we're keeping guys like Sean Smith around to make a desperate run even though we know Smith won't be back next year.

This is on Clark. Reid is going to absorb power until somebody stops him.

RunKC
11-03-2015, 11:34 AM
We need to start hitting our draft choices more often like the Royals..

The Franchise
11-03-2015, 11:35 AM
Clarks comments this week don't sound promising. He's spinning this as if we are turning this ship around because we've won a few pretty meaningless games. And it sounds like we're keeping guys like Sean Smith around to make a desperate run even though we know Smith won't be back next year.

We're keeping Sean Smith because he's fucking talented. Would you rather we trade him for pennies and start Fleming or Cooper?

Discuss Thrower
11-03-2015, 11:37 AM
We're keeping Sean Smith because he's fucking talented. Would you rather we trade him for pennies and start Fleming or Cooper?

A tradeable pick next year is worth more than a possible untradable compensation pick the year after.

The Franchise
11-03-2015, 11:39 AM
A tradeable pick next year is worth more than a possible untradable compensation pick the year after.

Not if it's anything lower than a 5th. And not if we have the chance to resign Smith to a decent deal.

TEX
11-03-2015, 11:48 AM
We're keeping Sean Smith because he's ****ing talented. Would you rather we trade him for pennies and start Fleming or Cooper?

You're correct about Smith and in assuming that's probably what Zilla would do.

The Franchise
11-03-2015, 11:50 AM
Don't get me wrong......if a team came along and offered up a 3rd or 4th round pick for Smith....I'd do it. But that's not going to happen.

And this FO is not going to start trading everyone away....especially not after the last two wins.

O.city
11-03-2015, 11:58 AM
Playing for draft position hasn't helped in the past anyway. This draft qb wise is gonna be about the scouting direction and which one best fits what you're looking for anyway (thanks DJ) so theres no point in tanking.

They need to be trying to get Berry and the NT playing well whose name escapes me right now signed and see what Sean Smith is gonna look for, likely more than I'd pay, but I'd be interested in knowing.

The Franchise
11-03-2015, 12:02 PM
Playing for draft position hasn't helped in the past anyway. This draft qb wise is gonna be about the scouting direction and which one best fits what you're looking for anyway (thanks DJ) so theres no point in tanking.

They need to be trying to get Berry and the NT playing well whose name escapes me right now signed and see what Sean Smith is gonna look for, likely more than I'd pay, but I'd be interested in knowing.

Jaye Howard. Dude needs a contract right now.

RealSNR
11-03-2015, 01:21 PM

kcchiefs.com is littered with celebratory videos the past two weeks. They think the team is back on track and ready to go on a huge upswing.

Again, I'm fine with that type of thinking, but that would mean the team probably shouldn't have shit the bed against the goddamn Bears and Vikings. Because they did, instead of making a playoff push like they could be, they're going to be making a push for 8-8 and embarrassment.

And once again, no first round QB will be available.

RunKC
11-03-2015, 01:24 PM
kcchiefs.com is littered with celebratory videos the past two weeks. They think the team is back on track and ready to go on a huge upswing.

Again, I'm fine with that type of thinking, but that would mean the team probably shouldn't have shit the bed against the goddamn Bears and Vikings. Because they did, instead of making a playoff push like they could be, they're going to be making a push for 8-8 and embarrassment.

And once again, no first round QB will be available.

That's their job. They get paid to polish a turd. Can't really blame team employees for that.

O.city
11-03-2015, 01:30 PM
I used to be against it, but I think there's something to be said about building a winning culture throughout the organization. I think it's more important than draft position and or who you draft where and when.

So if they wanna push it in and try and win out this year, fine, do it.

More than anything they need to establish the culture thag losing isn't ok.

RunKC
11-03-2015, 01:40 PM
We need a QB so badly. The talent on this team is young and it stacks up with most teams in the NFL.

I think overall Dorsey has done a nice job with the hand he's been dealt, but a QB is the missing piece to consistent success.

chiefzilla1501
11-03-2015, 01:46 PM
That's their job. They get paid to polish a turd. Can't really blame team employees for that.

You can when you start doing that at the expense of looking out for the teams long term interests. I never back tanking. But the chiefs should be shopping their expensive veterans right now for draft picks. I'll be pissed if I find out we missed an opportunity to do that to save us a few wins, especially for players like Sean Smith who we know won't be here next year.

DaneMcCloud
We need a QB so badly. The talent on this team is young and it stacks up with most teams in the NFL.

I think overall Dorsey has done a nice job with the hand he's been dealt, but a QB is the missing piece to consistent success.

Regardless of whether the Chiefs pick #1 or #32, I don't think there's any way that they can pass on a talented QB in the first round.

Point of selection is absolutely no guarantee of success, so as long as they choose a guy that they feel can be a long term starting QB, I'm fine with it.

In the mean time, I want them to win as many games as possible.

DaneMcCloud
You can when you start doing that at the expense of looking out for the teams long term interests. I never back tanking. But the chiefs should be shopping their expensive veterans right now for draft picks. I'll be pissed if I find out we missed an opportunity to do that to save us a few wins, especially for players like Sean Smith who we know won't be here next year.

:facepalm:

O.city
11-03-2015, 01:47 PM
Regardless of whether the Chiefs pick #1 or #32, I don't think there's any way that they can pass on a talented QB in the first round.

Point of selection is absolutely no guarantee of success, so as long as they choose a guy that they feel can be a long term starting QB, I'm fine with it.

Basically, this.

There will never be a better situation for them to take a QB early, than what theyll have next year.

chiefzilla1501
11-03-2015, 01:48 PM
We're keeping Sean Smith because he's ****ing talented. Would you rather we trade him for pennies and start Fleming or Cooper?

I don't have a problem with Sean Smith. I like the guy. But if doesn't feel like the chiefs have interest in keeping him past this year. If they don't, then we should get value out of him instead of trying to salvage a few meaningless wins

O.city
11-03-2015, 01:51 PM
I don't have a problem with Sean Smith. I like the guy. But if doesn't feel like the chiefs have interest in keeping him past this year. If they don't, then we should get value out of him instead of trying to salvage a few meaningless wins

Wins in the NFL are never meaningless.

I know that kind of flies in the face of everyone here, but as we've seen with coaching turnover, winning isn't easy.

Mr. Laz
11-03-2015, 02:14 PM

Actually for the first time, i think Cam Newton is getting there. I didn't think he would.

Without his stud center Wilson hasn't looked the same, even though he has better weapons.

KCTitus
11-03-2015, 02:24 PM

Yep...excellent.

Rausch
11-03-2015, 02:26 PM
I used to be against it, but I think there's something to be said about building a winning culture throughout the organization. I think it's more important than draft position and or who you draft where and when.

If you already have a QB you can roll with that.

Alex isn't good enough.
Our line isn't good enough.
Our play calling hasn't been good enough.

Everything looks better after waxing a terrible team. This is the same team that lost to the Vikes and hapless Bears.

Some people wanted Reid gone because of his stubbornness. Clark telling him his job is fine no matter what gives him no reason to change anything. He'll stick with Alex and the same $3it we see this season we'll see next season.

We go 6-10, no big deal, I've got my job...

RunKC
11-03-2015, 02:30 PM

Alex isn't good enough.

Everything looks better after waxing a terrible team. This is the same team that lost to the Vikes and hapless Bears.

Some people wanted Reid gone because of his stubbornness. Clark telling him his job is fine no matter what gives him no reason to change anything. He'll stick with Alex and the same $3it we see this season we'll see next season.

I've got a big issue with this. Clark shouldn't be saying anyone is "safe" right now.

We are 3-5 in this regime's third year. That is NOT good.

Clark should be saying that this is disappointing and that we should be better than this, or that we haven't met expectations so far.

Mr. Laz
11-03-2015, 02:30 PM

Fans have thought that for a long,long time and they keep passing on them.

passing on Bridgewater last year was confusing

After watching Dee Ford struggle, it's even more confusing. Apparently they thought his first step would be enough to build around.

Rausch
11-03-2015, 02:32 PM
Clark should be saying that this is disappointing and that we should be better than this, or that we haven't met expectations so far.

Oh, but we have...

O.city
11-03-2015, 02:38 PM

Alex isn't good enough.

The same team as the bears debacle would have gotten beat traveling to London by the Lions.

Whether it's shitty opponents or not, the team is currently playing better than they were a month ago.

The line, qb, play calling etc, is problematic but also a function of each other.

It's no coincidence that as one starts playing better, the other 2 start performing better as well.

KCTitus
11-03-2015, 02:43 PM
I've got a big issue with this. Clark shouldn't be saying anyone is "safe" right now.

We are 3-5 in this regime's third year. That is NOT good.

I dont expect Clark to say the 'truth' in public statements...I have to assume that Clark is saying 'we can do better than this' in private.

KCTitus
11-03-2015, 02:46 PM
...passing on Bridgewater last year was confusing...

No spread offense/option QB's for me, thank you. Aside from Wilson, none of them have worked out. Old school pocket passers who play pro style offenses have a greater chance of success in this league.

RealSNR
11-03-2015, 02:48 PM
No spread offense/option QB's for me, thank you. Aside from Wilson, none of them have worked out. Old school pocket passers who play pro style offenses have a greater chance of success in this league.

He didn't come from a spread offense/option system.

And neither did Wilson, for fuck's sake. Neither at NC State OR at Wisconsin.

And there have been a few spread system QBs to work out in the NFL. Rodgers, Romo, McNabb, and Culpepper are a few.

And if you really want to go this far... even Chase Daniel.

They require time and patience. If you draft one in the 1st round and expect them to automatically integrate the new principles they work on in one offseason just for the sake of getting them important snaps so you don't waste their 1st round contract, you're going to get a bad QB.

THAT'S the big difference between the spread QBs who fail and the ones who can find success.

pr_capone
Give it up. It costs more to cut Alex Smith next season than to keep him.

Really?

It costs the club money to cut him. It costs them the opportunity at a championship, or at least a good playoff run, to play him.

I submit that it is far more costly to keep (starting) him.

The Franchise

Please do some research before you open your mouth.

The Franchise
11-03-2015, 02:49 PM
Really?

It costs the club money to cut him. It costs them the opportunity at a championship, or at least a good playoff run, to play him.

I submit that it is far more costly to keep him.

They can designate him a June 1st cut next year and get back $1 million in cap space.

Rausch
11-03-2015, 02:50 PM
It's no coincidence that as one starts playing better, the other 2 start performing better as well.

Andy called pretty much the same game vs the Lions he did the rest of the season. The difference was almost everything worked. It was just one of those days.

When we face a real D like Denver it's all going to look like $#it again and we'll be wondering what he did differently. In reality, nothing was any different...

Rausch
11-03-2015, 02:50 PM

This...

RunKC
11-03-2015, 02:52 PM
The same team as the bears debacle would have gotten beat traveling to London by the Lions.

Whether it's shitty opponents or not, the team is currently playing better than they were a month ago.

The line, qb, play calling etc, is problematic but also a function of each other.

Why have we started off poorly the last 2 years and lost to terrible teams with shitty QB's?

Andy Reid

O.city
11-03-2015, 02:52 PM
Andy called pretty much the same game vs the Lions he did the rest of the season. The difference was almost everything worked. It was just one of those days.

When we face a real D like Denver it's all going to look like $#it again and we'll be wondering what he did differently. In reality, nothing was any different...

I'm shocked that when we face a defense playing at an all time great level, everything doesn't "work".

Sometimes I think in reality, some people are just morons.

O.city
11-03-2015, 02:53 PM
Why have we started off poorly the last 2 years and lost to terrible teams with shitty QB's?

Andy Reid

What shitty QB's have we lost to this year?

RunKC
11-03-2015, 02:55 PM
What shitty QB's have we lost to this year?

Jay Cutler.

We should not have lost that game.

Discuss Thrower
11-03-2015, 02:56 PM
I dont expect Clark to say the 'truth' in public statements...I have to assume that Clark is saying 'we can do better than this' in private.

Team is on path to get somewhere close to 8-8 and will probably finish the year with like a 6-4 run. The narrative is all but set for "Just a few key additions and some good drafting, and this is easily a team that can go deep in the playoffs."

We're in the middle of rehashing the 2004 season.

Because Chiefs.

O.city
11-03-2015, 02:56 PM
Jay Cutler.

We should not have lost that game.

The Bears aren't very good, but Cutler isn't shitty. Another misinformed idea around here.

And yes, we should have not lost that game.

RunKC
11-03-2015, 03:00 PM
The Bears aren't very good, but Cutler isn't shitty. Another misinformed idea around here.

And yes, we should have not lost that game.

We've beaten 3 terrible QB's. How can you possibly see this as progress?

At the very least, this team needs a new DC, a new play caller and a new QB.

KCTitus
11-03-2015, 03:01 PM
Please do some research before you open your mouth.

No, I'm good.

He didn't come from a spread offense/option system.

And neither did Wilson, for ****'s sake. Neither at NC State OR at Wisconsin.

And there have been a few spread system QBs to work out in the NFL. Rodgers, Romo, McNabb, and Culpepper are a few.

And if you really want to go this far... even Chase Daniel.

They require time and patience. If you draft one in the 1st round and expect them to automatically integrate the new principles they work on in one offseason just for the sake of getting them important snaps so you don't waste their 1st round contract, you're going to get a bad QB.

THAT'S the big difference between the spread QBs who fail and the ones who can find success.

Well, for fucks sake...forgive me for using the wrong term. I really dont GAF what it's called, I dont want the QB that plays for a college school that is the 'best athlete' on the field that typically bails out his team with a scramble, pull the ball down and run for the TD, cause that shit doesnt work in the NFL. I would prefer a QB who plays in a system and in a way that works in the NFL...those types of QB's that have to use their teammates rather than their other worldly speed to win games have more success in the league called the NFL.

Discuss Thrower
11-03-2015, 03:03 PM
We've beaten 3 terrible QB's. How can you possibly see this as progress?

At the very least, this team needs a new DC, a new play caller and a new QB.

I love the whole argument "Well of course things don't go well when you go against good defenses, duh!"

Isn't that the whole point of trading for a veteran QB and getting an established HC ... to mitigate the advantage of an opponent having a superior defense?

Rausch
11-03-2015, 03:03 PM
I'm shocked that when we face a defense playing at an all time great level, everything doesn't "work".

Sometimes I think in reality, some people are just morons.

This all or nothing attitude is simplistic and idiotic.

There's a huge difference between not being able to score on a great D and your whole offense looking like total dog$#it.

It doesn't require a great D for us to look lost on the field.

But for the half-full people we don't face a legit D for the rest of the year after Denver...

KCTitus
11-03-2015, 03:04 PM
Team is on path to get somewhere close to 8-8 and will probably finish the year with like a 6-4 run. The narrative is all but set for "Just a few key additions and some good drafting, and this is easily a team that can go deep in the playoffs."

We're in the middle of rehashing the 2004 season.

Because Chiefs.

Do you know this for a fact or is it your conjecture? I'm cynical, but that's pretty out there.

O.city
No, I'm good.

Well, for ****s sake...forgive me for using the wrong term. I really dont GAF what it's called, I dont want the QB that plays for a college school that is the 'best athlete' on the field that typically bails out his team with a scramble, pull the ball down and run for the TD, cause that shit doesnt work in the NFL. I would prefer a QB who plays in a system and in a way that works in the NFL...those types of QB's that have to use their teammates rather than their other worldly speed to win games have more success in the league called the NFL.

Bridgewater did none of those things. He was a pure pocket passer at Louisville

The Franchise
No, I'm good.

Well, for fucks sake...forgive me for using the wrong term. I really dont GAF what it's called, I dont want the QB that plays for a college school that is the 'best athlete' on the field that typically bails out his team with a scramble, pull the ball down and run for the TD, cause that shit doesnt work in the NFL. I would prefer a QB who plays in a system and in a way that works in the NFL...those types of QB's that have to use their teammates rather than their other worldly speed to win games have more success in the league called the NFL.

Bridgewater ran for 170 yards.....in his entire college career.

Rausch
11-03-2015, 03:06 PM

And this is why they don't pan out anymore.

No one is willing to let a 1st round QB sit for more than one year, if they even get that. No team will put in the time necessary to groom them...

O.city
11-03-2015, 03:06 PM
I love the whole argument "Well of course things don't go well when you go against good defenses, duh!"

Isn't that the whole point of trading for a veteran QB and getting an established HC ... to mitigate the advantage of an opponent having a superior defense?

You aren't going to consistently move the ball against a defense as good as the Broncos, no?

The Franchise
11-03-2015, 03:07 PM
And this is why they don't pan out anymore.

No one is willing to let a 1st round QB sit for more than one year, if they even get that. No team will put in the time necessary to groom them...

Which is why this is the perfect year to take one. Smith isn't going anywhere for another year (barring major injury). Might as well draft one and let him sit for a year.

Rausch
11-03-2015, 03:08 PM
You aren't going to consistently move the ball against a defense as good as the Broncos, no?

With one of the worst 3rd down conversion percentages in the league?

Probably not...

Rausch
11-03-2015, 03:10 PM
Which is why this is the perfect year to take one. Smith isn't going anywhere for another year (barring major injury). Might as well draft one and let him sit for a year.

Any year for the last 2 would have been the perfect year.

Our only attempt at QB in the draft (in three offseasons) was a 5th rounder and an UDRFA...

O.city
11-03-2015, 03:12 PM
With one of the worst 3rd down conversion percentages in the league?

Probably not...

Well, did we move the ball against the Broncos defense this year?

I'd be curious to see where we stand in line with their other opponents in terms of offensive production.

Discuss Thrower
11-03-2015, 03:13 PM
Do you know this for a fact or is it your conjecture? I'm cynical, but that's pretty out there.

The 2004 Chiefs started pretty terrible and then rattled off a bunch of wins in route to a 7-9 record.

Instead of taking a QB, Vermeil / Carl opted to make a win-now draft pick by getting DJ because the defense was so bad that a rookie could start at MLB.

Yeah, sure, we still have DJ, but they could have had Aaron fucking Rodgers sitting the bench for at least one season and possibly two. The team drafted for a defensive need because the year prior the team was 7-9 but won more games than they lost to close the year out after the halfway mark. People were scoreboard watching at the end of November hoping enough other outcomes could go KC's way so they could get into the playoffs with an 8-8/9-7 record though they couldn't get the job done in the last two weeks of the season.

The same shit is happening now with people looking at the schedule going "You knowwwwww, the only good team the Chiefs have to play is Denver.. the AFC is pretty shitty this year... 8-8 might actually get you in the playoffs, and the Chiefs can easily go 7-1 to end the year with a 9-7 record..."

Two wins against absolute dumpster fire teams, one win against a one-dimensional team missing the key piece to why that one-dimension to the team is good and five losses -two to actual AFC title contenders and one to an NFC title contender, one loss on the road to a team that is about equal to KC and a HOME loss to a dumpster fire team.

It's almost comical that people are hoping to back into the playoffs by being just slightly less shitty than the rest of a shitty conference if it weren't so fucking predictable.

KCTitus
11-03-2015, 03:14 PM
Bridgewater ran for 170 yards.....in his entire college career.

And he had over 200 yds last year for the Vikings....go figure. The one game I recall watching him last year he ran quite a bit. I havent watched him this year.

Bridgewater did none of those things. He was a pure pocket passer at Louisville

Great...sorry, didnt catch any of his games at Louisville.

KCTitus
11-03-2015, 03:15 PM
The 2004 Chiefs started pretty terrible and then rattled off a bunch of wins in route to a 7-9 record....

Im sorry, I'm not going to bother reading all that. Did you answer my question about whether or not your version of the 'narrative' was your conjecture or not? I tend to think it is.

Discuss Thrower
11-03-2015, 03:16 PM

With a QB in his 9th year in the league, an offensive-minded HC who's been to a SB and several conference championship games, a supposedly great WR, a good young TE and a hall of fame running back there should be no excuses.

Not against Denver and not against Green Bay yet here were are.

Rausch

I'd be curious to see where we stand in line with their other opponents in terms of offensive production.

If you remember one of our scoring drives was kept alive by 3 Denver penalties and one of our TD's came on a defensive TD.

So we scored one TD we weren't gifted on offense, at home, WITH Jamal Charles...

The Franchise

We put up the 2nd most yards against them with 314 total yards. The Vikings actually put up the most with 325.

We had 167 passing yards (5th out of 7 teams). Most was the Lions with 262. The least was 50 from Green Bay.

We had 147 rushing yards.....the most out of the 7 teams they've played. 28 from the Lions was the least.

Gave up the most turnovers out of the 7 teams.....obviously.

The Franchise
11-03-2015, 03:18 PM
And he had over 200 yds last year for the Vikings....go figure. The one game I recall watching him last year he ran quite a bit. I havent watched him this year.

Great...sorry, didnt catch any of his games at Louisville.

Go figure what?

Yeah....you didn't watch any of his games....but go ahead and continue talking about him like you have.

Discuss Thrower
Im sorry, I'm not going to bother reading all that. Did you answer my question about whether or not your version of the 'narrative' was your conjecture or not? I tend to think it is.

They're not winning more than nine games. They'll lose at Denver, at Baltimore and at Oakland. 8-8 with a good chance they'll get swept by Oakland and go to 7-9.

KCTitus
If you remember one of our scoring drives was kept alive by 3 Denver penalties and one of our TD's came on a defensive TD.

So we scored one TD we weren't gifted on offense, at home, WITH Jamal Charles...

Meh...only thing I can remember from that game was that KC lost it moreso than Denver won. Especially after going up 14.

The Franchise
11-03-2015, 03:19 PM
They're not winning more than nine games. They'll lose at Denver, at Baltimore and at Oakland. 8-8 with a good chance they'll get swept by Oakland and go to 7-9.

I'm going with 6-10.

KCTitus
11-03-2015, 03:19 PM
Go figure what?

Yeah....you didn't watch any of his games....but go ahead and continue talking about him like you have.

I didnt think I needed your permission, but thanks, Boss.

O.city
11-03-2015, 03:20 PM
With a QB in his 9th year in the league, an offensive-minded HC who's been to a SB and several conference championship games, a supposedly great WR, a good young TE and a hall of fame running back there should be no excuses.

Not against Denver and not against Green Bay yet here were are.

Supposedly great WR? So I'm guessing your on the side that he isn't an improvement over Bowe, but thats a separate argument.

It took 5 turnovers for their to be any semblance of an excuse and a loss that day. Blame that on the coaching staff, players, etc however, but from the eye test, the Chiefs had a conference contender beat at home. Of course, this doens't match your natural tendency here at CP, so spin it however I guess.

Either way, at some point you've got to start winning said games, but the Chiefs haven't so it is what it is.

KCTitus
11-03-2015, 03:21 PM

Ok...I dont have any argument with that. I'm not willing to assign some sort of narrative or motive in that regard. I was curious if you had some sort of inside information in regard to behind the scenes because I dont really believe the 'butts in seats' meme.

O.city
11-03-2015, 03:21 PM

10 and 6. 5th seed.

Put your tenure here at CP on it.

The Franchise
11-03-2015, 03:23 PM
10 and 6. 5th seed.

We're beating everyone but the Broncos? Or do you have us beating the Broncos and losing to someone else?

KCTitus
11-03-2015, 03:26 PM
10 and 6. 5th seed.

Ha! That's pretty optimistic! Love it...

TEX
11-03-2015, 03:27 PM
No, I'm good.

Well, for ****s sake...forgive me for using the wrong term. I really dont GAF what it's called, I dont want the QB that plays for a college school that is the 'best athlete' on the field that typically bails out his team with a scramble, pull the ball down and run for the TD, cause that shit doesnt work in the NFL. I would prefer a QB who plays in a system and in a way that works in the NFL...those types of QB's that have to use their teammates rather than their other worldly speed to win games have more success in the league called the NFL.

Yep. Just ask the Titans...

Vince Young = Bad
Marcus Mariota = Good

I think they learned the difference (And their original owner died).

Rausch
11-03-2015, 03:28 PM

The Donks have only played 2 winning teams all year - the Vikings and Packers.

I don't think they've given up 3 TD's all year...

Rausch
11-03-2015, 03:29 PM
Ok...I dont have any argument with that. I'm not willing to assign some sort of narrative or motive in that regard. I was curious if you had some sort of inside information in regard to behind the scenes because I dont really believe the 'butts in seats' meme.

Oh, I think Clark wants to win he just has no clue how...

Discuss Thrower
11-03-2015, 03:31 PM
Supposedly great WR? So I'm guessing your on the side that he isn't an improvement over Bowe, but thats a separate argument.

It took 5 turnovers for their to be any semblance of an excuse and a loss that day. Blame that on the coaching staff, players, etc however, but from the eye test, the Chiefs had a conference contender beat at home. Of course, this doens't match your natural tendency here at CP, so spin it however I guess.

Either way, at some point you've got to start winning said games, but the Chiefs haven't so it is what it is.

Maclin is a superior athlete to Bowe and has put up better career statistics, but the team is 3-5 halfway through the year with Maclin when they were 5-3 through last season with Bowe.

Gee, funny how getting Maclin hasn't translated to more wins because he doesn't have the benefit of being flanked by DeSean Jackson or Jordan Matthews.

And KC had Denver beat but for those five turnovers.. but let's ignore 0-7 on 3rd downs. That doesn't hint at anything wrong with the offense at all, does it. Especially when that was indicative of a trend that spanned multiple games.

Discuss Thrower
11-03-2015, 03:32 PM
10 and 6. 5th seed.

ROFL.

And no.

Rausch
11-03-2015, 03:35 PM
Maclin is a superior athlete to Bowe and has put up better career statistics, but the team is 3-5 halfway through the year with Maclin when they were 5-3 through last season with Bowe.

Gee, funny how getting Maclin hasn't translated to more wins because he doesn't have the benefit of being flanked by DeSean Jackson or Jordan Matthews.

The problem is A) he's the only threat at WR on the field and B) a QB that won't go to him deep when he's wide open.

And KC had Denver beat but for those five turnovers.. but let's ignore 0-7 on 3rd downs. That doesn't hint at anything wrong with the offense at all, does it. Especially when that was indicative of a trend that spanned multiple games.

Stupid decisions by the HC led directly to two turnovers and 14 points. That's the game.

Kneel the fucking ball and go in to the half with the lead.
Even if you don't do that you kneel the ball at the end of the game and give yourself a chance in OT.

KCTitus
11-03-2015, 03:35 PM
Oh, I think Clark wants to win he just has no clue how...

He's the owner...of course he has no clue how. That's what your GM and HC are for. It's ultimately up to Clark to find the best football minds he can and give them what they need to succeed. To date, I think he has done that.

Piloi was considered 'the guy' and he went and got him. He realized that was a clusterfuck and then replaced him with another regime and changed the reporting structure.

I'm not hating on Clark for the fact it's not working out...so far to me, he's done his job.

O.city
11-03-2015, 03:36 PM
We're beating everyone but the Broncos? Or do you have us beating the Broncos and losing to someone else?

Oh no, I thinkk theyll go full chiefs and do what discuss said but I think it'll be more chiefstacular. Lose the last weekend to go 8 and 8 or something and miss the olayoffs.

Rausch
11-03-2015, 03:38 PM
I'm not hating on Clark for the fact it's not working out...so far to me, he's done his job.

The only time a HC should ever be told "no matter what you have a job next year" is after winning a SB.

O.city
11-03-2015, 03:39 PM

Hold on, no no no. You don't get to use wins and losses as a player statistic. That's hypocritical at best after all the smith blasting you've spewe'd towards those idiots.

You saying it hasn't translated to more wins has zero correlation to Maclin's effect on the offense. Faulty logic.

Maclin is one pace for what, over 1000 yards and 5 tds?

The Franchise
11-03-2015, 03:43 PM
Through the first 7 games.....Maclin has:

42 receptions
566 yards
2 TDs

Through the first 7 games of last season....Maclin had:

39 receptions
632 yards
6 TDs

Rausch
11-03-2015, 03:45 PM

42 receptions
566 yards
2 TDs

39 receptions
632 yards
6 TDs

His catches were also further down the field. Philly isn't afraid to air it out with any QB behind center...

O.city
11-03-2015, 03:46 PM

42 receptions
566 yards
2 TDs

39 receptions
632 yards
6 TDs

He's only played 6 games

Discuss Thrower
11-03-2015, 03:46 PM
The problem is A) he's the only threat at WR on the field and B) a QB that won't go to him deep when he's wide open.

Or how Maclin isn't getting open enough.

Or because Albert Wilson / Chris Conley aren't credible enough receivers to draw coverage away from Maclin.

... saw that one coming....

Stupid decisions by the HC led directly to two turnovers and 14 points. That's the game.

Kneel the fucking ball and go in to the half with the lead.
Even if you don't do that you kneel the ball at the end of the game and give yourself a chance in OT.

No argument that those decisions directly lead to the game being lost, but 0-7 on 3rd down. Again. Isn't the job of supposedly one of the best offensive-minded HCs in the league with his handpicked veteran QB with almost a decade of starting experience joined up with a playmaking WR, TE and Hall of Fame RB supposed to offer some sort of edge against great defenses?

I mean the Chiefs' defense was pretty good last year but an offensive minded HC in Arians managed to get a win with Drew Stanton at QB, and Denver had no trouble sweeping last year either.

So which is it: are good defenses invulnerable or is it within the realm of possibility to expect your coaching staff and the offensive skill players you have available to make plays and negate the advantages a good defense offers.

Rausch
11-03-2015, 03:47 PM
Oh no, I thinkk theyll go full chiefs and do what discuss said but I think it'll be more chiefstacular. Lose the last weekend to go 8 and 8 or something and miss the olayoffs.

Just like the last Colts playoff game they'll find a way to make us puke, only it'll be in a completely new and even more disgusting way...

Discuss Thrower
11-03-2015, 03:48 PM
Hold on, no no no. You don't get to use wins and losses as a player statistic. That's hypocritical at best after all the smith blasting you've spewe'd towards those idiots.

You saying it hasn't translated to more wins has zero correlation to Maclin's effect on the offense. Faulty logic.

Maclin is one pace for what, over 1000 yards and 5 tds?

He was brought in to help the Chiefs win games.

That. Hasn't. Happened.

The Franchise
11-03-2015, 03:49 PM
He's only played 6 games

Ok.....so through 6 games.

The Franchise
11-03-2015, 03:49 PM

That. Hasn't. Happened.

We. Still. Have. Alex. Smith.

Discuss Thrower
11-03-2015, 03:51 PM
We. Still. Have. Alex. Smith.

.. sigh

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--JsJ2fjY9--/18lroax6o867tgif.gif

RunKC
11-03-2015, 03:51 PM
JFC how stupid is Discuss? How can anyone possibly take Bowe over Maclin when Bowe hasn't even stepped on a field for one down this year?

For Christ sakes

stevieray
11-03-2015, 03:52 PM
woohoo! straight out bitching for another year and a half!

Rausch
11-03-2015, 03:55 PM
No argument that those decisions directly lead to the game being lost, but 0-7 on 3rd down. Again.

QB, HC, and OL all failing at their jobs to help make each other worse collectively than any one alone...

Isn't the job of supposedly one of the best offensive-minded HCs in the league with his handpicked veteran QB with almost a decade of starting experience joined up with a playmaking WR, TE and Hall of Fame RB supposed to offer some sort of edge against great defenses?

That was my expectation...

So which is it: are good defenses invulnerable or is it within the realm of possibility to expect your coaching staff and the offensive skill players you have available to make plays and negate the advantages a good defense offers.

Again, that's the expectation.

The reality was hour HC made two HUGE coaching errors, Alex didn't play well, and our line was p00p. Each failure by one made it more difficult for the others.

The play calling was also bad. Just think - if we would have run the ball 4 more times than we did the time wouldn't have been on the clock for Denver to come back...

Rausch
11-03-2015, 03:56 PM
woohoo! straight out bitching for another year and a half!

Winning cures all.

Something has to change for us to win games.

No change = same results...

Discuss Thrower
11-03-2015, 03:57 PM
JFC how stupid is Discuss? How can anyone possibly take Bowe over Maclin when Bowe hasn't even stepped on a field for one down this year?

For Christ sakes

It's not *taking* one over other. The same reason why Maclin isn't winning us any more games when it matters this year is the same reason Bowe wasn't winning games when it mattered last year.

Bowe was the only credible deep threat last year because there was nobody else on the roster capable of drawing deep coverage -and he's not even a deep threat.

Maclin *is* a deep threat but lo and behold the team isn't winning games because there's nobody else on the roster capable of drawing deep coverage.

.. just like I pointed out six months ago..

ModSocks
11-03-2015, 04:00 PM
I'm going with 6-10.

Yup, 6-10. They'll split with SD, lose to the Broncos again and get swept by the Raiders. And they'll drop another one they should win because Chiefs.

Rausch
11-03-2015, 04:01 PM
.. just like I pointed out six months ago..

Agreed. I did the same.

Rausch
11-03-2015, 04:02 PM
Yup, 6-10. They'll split with SD, lose to the Broncos again and get swept by the Raiders. And they'll drop another one they should win because Chiefs.

You don't get how truly terrible the Chargers D is right now.

On the other hand I wouldn't be shocked if the Raiders swept us...

O.city
11-03-2015, 04:08 PM

That. Hasn't. Happened.

You're no different than those here pointing to Alex smith as a winner with this argument.

Wins and losses are team statistics. Using them to justify or discredit individual play is pointless.

And no one is saying the things you're trying to point out as things you "called" earlier in the year, so let's let that go.

Eleazar
11-03-2015, 04:09 PM

That. Hasn't. Happened.

Well then, why was Justin Houston given a contract extension?

O.city
11-03-2015, 04:10 PM
How many "deep threats" does one need in an offense?

ModSocks
11-03-2015, 04:11 PM
You don't get how truly terrible the Chargers D is right now.

On the other hand I wouldn't be shocked if the Raiders swept us...

I live here. Im fully aware of the Charger's problems. But our offense isn't exactly prolific and they have the #1 passing offense in the NFL...and our D still gives up big plays in the passing game.

The Franchise
11-03-2015, 04:17 PM
I live here. Im fully aware of the Charger's problems. But our offense isn't exactly prolific and they have the #1 passing offense in the NFL...and our D still gives up big plays in the passing game.

Flowers looks like shit.

chiefzilla1501
11-03-2015, 04:21 PM
Wins in the NFL are never meaningless.

I know that kind of flies in the face of everyone here, but as we've seen with coaching turnover, winning isn't easy.

I am not suggesting we tank. But if we are holding on to tradeable assets we don't plan to keep In 2016 all so we can win 8 games instead of 6, that's part of the reason we never get anywhere.

chiefzilla1501
11-03-2015, 04:31 PM
A few years ago, I strongly pushed for working for comp picks. A great move because we were really tight on payroll and we'd have a lot of huge contracts going off the books. Doing that this offseason would be stupid. It's a shame but I could see the chiefs doing virtually nothing this offseason in order to salvage comp picks for guys like Sean Smith and chase Daniel and knile. I really hope there wasn't a true offer on the table because it really feels like to me we held on to our chips to salvage an imaginary 2015 playoff run.

GloryDayz
11-03-2015, 06:32 PM

I'd like to agree, but Ned and Dayton were doing the right things in the MLB to get it done, and it worked. Unfortunately those same things don't work in the NFL. To me the key difference is that there is no real "farm team" (system) in the NFL. And what people do in the NFL is usually to draft a young QB that fits your system and build a team around him. I know they thought they struck gold with Alex, but it looks like a bust. He might have been better had he not have his dick shoved in the dirt because they failed to give him a decent O-line, but he's traumatized nonetheless. So I don't think this coaching staff can get it done because the the owner sets a tone that' not consistent with building an awesome team.

I wish I could be more optimistic, but the parts he needs to have in place just aren't there, and don't appear to be getting there in time to make it work.

Discuss Thrower
11-03-2015, 06:44 PM
I am not suggesting we tank. But if we are holding on to tradeable assets we don't plan to keep In 2016 all so we can win 8 games instead of 6, that's part of the reason we never get anywhere.

This this this this this.

DaneMcCloud
11-03-2015, 06:45 PM
A few years ago, I strongly pushed for working for comp picks. A great move because we were really tight on payroll and we'd have a lot of huge contracts going off the books. Doing that this offseason would be stupid. It's a shame but I could see the chiefs doing virtually nothing this offseason in order to salvage comp picks for guys like Sean Smith and chase Daniel and knile. I really hope there wasn't a true offer on the table because it really feels like to me we held on to our chips to salvage an imaginary 2015 playoff run.

At this point, Dorsey and the Chiefs would be foolish to let Sean Smith walk. The defense has improved substantially the past few weeks and Smith has been a playmaker.

RunKC
11-03-2015, 06:53 PM
Jets traded a 2nd round pick and 3 JAG's to move up from 17 to 5. We can trade up without selling the farm, especially if there are 3 QB's and one is still there after the top 5

chiefzilla1501
11-03-2015, 07:08 PM
At this point, Dorsey and the Chiefs would be foolish to let Sean Smith walk. The defense has improved substantially the past few weeks and Smith has been a playmaker.

The Chiefs will have some interesting choices to make. They have Sean Smith, Berry, Poe, Howard coming up for contract this offseason. DJ and Hali... I think we lose them.

I previously supported overloading on defense with Alex Smith at QB. But if you want a guy like Aaron Murray or any of the projected first round QBs to succeed , do you start sacrificing some defensive chips so you can invest in offensive talent like an OL?

chiefzilla1501
11-03-2015, 07:14 PM
Chase
DJ
Hali
Knile

Do we re-sign them in 2016? If the answer is no then good chance we backed off of trade chips so we can make a run in 2015. I'll let that sink in for a little bit.

The alternative is that we get comp picks out of these guys. But that only works if we choose not to bring in any new free agents next season and we'd have to wait an extra year to get any benefit there. And that assumes that Hali or DJ don't retire.

DaneMcCloud
11-03-2015, 07:19 PM
Chase
DJ
Hali
Knile

Do we re-sign them in 2016? If the answer is no then good chance we backed off of trade chips so we can make a run in 2015. I'll let that sink in for a little bit.

The alternative is that we get comp picks out of these guys. But that only works if we choose not to bring in any new free agents next season and we'd have to wait an extra year to get any benefit there. And that assumes that Hali or DJ don't retire.

The Chiefs will have $40 million in cap space, without restructuring anyone, in 2016. They'll have plenty of room to sign whomever they want.

Knile Davis can hit the road, Hali will be worth half of 2015 ($3 million) IF he doesn't retire and DJ's not going anywhere and will play for less next year as well.

It's pretty silly to worry about such things in early November.

O.city
11-03-2015, 07:27 PM
Dj has been pretty awesome this year, especially coming back from injury.

Even more impressive has been berry.

BigCatDaddy
11-03-2015, 07:29 PM
The Chiefs will have $40 million in cap space, without restructuring anyone, in 2016. They'll have plenty of room to sign whomever they want.

Knile Davis can hit the road, Hali will be worth half of 2015 ($3 million) IF he doesn't retire and DJ's not going anywhere and will play for less next year as well.

Surely not the 3rd round draft steal Knile Davis.

RunKC
11-03-2015, 07:33 PM
Nothing we do matters next year if we don't have a drafted QB.

O.city
11-03-2015, 07:40 PM
Should have tried to trade knife to the Cowboys before the deadline

chiefzilla1501
11-03-2015, 08:03 PM

I don't think it's silly to worry about things in November when we're discussing getting draft picks out of players who may not be here next year. Knile and Chase are classic examples. Even if you get a 7th for them it's better than letting them go for free. Again, you can get comp picks for these guys, but only if we decide not to bring in any new free agents in.

GloryDayz
11-03-2015, 08:21 PM

Hunt prolly just signed himself to a $39M contract... LMAO

DaneMcCloud
11-03-2015, 09:52 PM
I don't think it's silly to worry about things in November when we're discussing getting draft picks out of players who may not be here next year. Knile and Chase are classic examples. Even if you get a 7th for them it's better than letting them go for free. Again, you can get comp picks for these guys, but only if we decide not to bring in any new free agents in.

Uh, trade deadline has expired and the Chiefs never considered trading any of their players.

Good grief.

TEX
11-03-2015, 10:07 PM
Uh, trade deadline has expired and the Chiefs never considered trading any of their players.

Good grief.

No shit. Damn broken record, of mostly stupid shit, all the damn time...

chiefzilla1501
11-03-2015, 10:19 PM

Good grief.

And you know this because....?

And Schefter already said the Chiefs have been shopping Chase Daniel.

And even if you were right, it still begs the question of why we weren't considering shopping our players around.

RunKC
11-03-2015, 10:22 PM

Good grief.

It pisses me off that we are the most conservative team in the league. Christ we never make a splash on anything. When was the last time we trade up in the draft?

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-03-2015, 10:54 PM
It pisses me off that we are the most conservative team in the league. Christ we never make a splash on anything. When was the last time we trade up in the draft?
Because all the good teams (Patriots, Seattle) trade down for extra picks and all the buffoons trade up (Redskins, Titans, etc.)

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-03-2015, 10:58 PM

#1 passing offense because they've played like 5 teams in the bottom third of pass defenses. Which unfortunately, our pass defense has proven it can perform at from time to time.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-03-2015, 11:03 PM
Jets traded a 2nd round pick and 3 JAG's to move up from 17 to 5. We can trade up without selling the farm, especially if there are 3 QB's and one is still there after the top 5

Our biggest problems are at Linebacker and OL. We don't need to tank. And receivers can be found all over the first round if that's where we end up going.