Cueto
Zobrist
Hosmer
Rios
Nomes
Madson
Morales
Young

Some pretty good names on there. Bring back Cueto, Zobrist and Hosmer. Rios can be replaced ,he's 34 and making almost 10 mil a year.

Thoughts ?

rtmike
11-02-2015, 05:59 PM
I thought Zobrist was in the 1st year of a multi year he signed with the A's last offseason?

Moore needs to pay Perez 1st & foremost.

MTG#10
11-02-2015, 06:01 PM
Paying Salvy and locking up Hosmer should be first. I really hope we can keep Zobrist too, but I seriously doubt we pay Cueto what he'll want.

penbrook
11-02-2015, 06:02 PM
Best I can figure its :

Cueto
Zobrist
Hosmer
Rios
Nomes
Madson
Morales
Young

Some pretty good names on there. Bring back Cueto, Zobrist and Hosmer. Rios can be replaced ,he's 34 and making almost 10 mil a year.

Thoughts ?

Hosmer isn't a free agent you idiot and Gordon has a player option for this coming year

penbrook
11-02-2015, 06:02 PM
Hosmer is signed through 2017

MTG#10
11-02-2015, 06:03 PM
Hosmer isn't a free agent you idiot and Gordon has a player option for this coming year

That's what I was thinking, but was too lazy to look it up

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-02-2015, 06:06 PM

Hosmer was mentioned on MLB network as a pending fA and one website had him listed too, but others didn't . That's great news if he's not. Im OK with being an idiot.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-02-2015, 06:08 PM

So does that mean Gordon can opt out and go FA ?

penbrook
11-02-2015, 06:08 PM
Yea he signed a 2 year 13.9 mil contract in the beginning of this season. If he didn't than yea he would be a pending FA but we have him for at least 2 more years

penbrook
11-02-2015, 06:09 PM
So does that mean Gordon can opt out and go FA ?

Yes but it also means he can say accept it and basically have a 1/14.5 deal

WhawhaWhat
11-02-2015, 06:18 PM
Yea he signed a 2 year 13.9 mil contract in the beginning of this season. If he didn't than yea he would be a pending FA but we have him for at least 2 more years

:shake:

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-02-2015, 06:26 PM
I would love for us to upgrade starting pitching . I think we need to bring Cueto back but somebody will offer him more than we will. Let Morales walk, never liked him. Madson seems to suck more often than not too.

KCrockaholic
11-02-2015, 06:27 PM
It was just a quick and emotional interview, but Gordon was adamant after the game... He won't leave. Said it multiple times, he's fully planning on staying.

penbrook
11-02-2015, 06:40 PM
It was just a quick and emotional interview, but Gordon was adamant after the game... He won't leave. Said it multiple times, he's fully planning on staying.

:clap::clap::clap:

penbrook
11-02-2015, 06:42 PM
The #Royals are also hoping to get a "hometown discount" from Alex Gordon on a 3-4 year deal, according to @JonHeymanCBS.

BigRock
11-03-2015, 07:27 AM

I don't know how many interviews he did, but he was interviewed on Royals' radio postgame and was specifically asked about his player option for 2016. He said he loves it in KC. It's his home. He wants to stay. Then he said he hopes it works out.

"I hope it works out" means "No, I'm not picking up that option".

MahiMike
11-03-2015, 08:00 AM
Forget cueto. Sign the rest.

FringeNC
11-03-2015, 08:16 AM
They're not signing Cueto, and that's pretty obvious. We'll have to pay a ton for Gordon and Zobrist, but seems to me that we have to to make a serious push. We have about a two-year window to win another championship, and without those two, I don't like our chances at all.

ChiTown
11-03-2015, 08:24 AM
The #Royals are also hoping to get a "hometown discount" from Alex Gordon on a 3-4 year deal, according to @JonHeymanCBS.

I don't see it happening. The love is flowing right now, but after the passion rush wears off from the WS win, my guess is that he's going to leave KC and get paid. I'd do the same thing if I were in his shoes.

petegz28
11-03-2015, 08:31 AM
Zobrist and Morales are the 2 you must sign off that list...since Hosmer shouldn't even be on that list

blake5676
11-03-2015, 08:36 AM
Zobrist and Morales are the 2 you must sign off that list...since Hosmer shouldn't even be on that list

And neither should Morales.

That list is terribly inaccurate.

ChiTown
11-03-2015, 08:42 AM
And neither should Morales.

That list is terribly inaccurate.

Franklin Morales

Jerok
11-03-2015, 08:55 AM
Delete this thread half the players aren't even free agents.

ChiTown
11-03-2015, 09:08 AM
Delete this thread half the players aren't even free agents.

Cueto - FA
Zobrist - FA
Hosmer - FA in '18
Rios - $12.5MM Mutual Option in '16
Nomes - Assume this is Gomes, and I believe there is a $3MM Team Option for '16
Madson - FA
Morales - Franklin Morales, not Kendrys, and yes, he's a FA
Young - FA
++Gordon - $12.5MM Player Option for '16

BigMeatballDave
11-03-2015, 09:18 AM

Franklin or Kendrys? I believe Kendrys signed a 2 yr deal. Not sure.

And I don't GAF about Franklin.

BigMeatballDave
11-03-2015, 09:19 AM
I absolutely want Zo back. I'd like to have Cueto back, but someone is going to offer him a crazy amount of money.

loochy
11-03-2015, 09:23 AM
What do you expect the starting rotation to be? Are there any stud prospects that are ready or are there any decent FAs available?

Gravedigger
11-03-2015, 09:23 AM

All it takes is for one side to Billy Butler the deal.

Why Not?
11-03-2015, 09:28 AM
I'd think that sticking to last year's formula as it relates to pitching would be smart. Sign a Volquez type guy(a Mike Leake or comparable), hope(once again)that Ventura and/or Duffy take that next step but if they don't, go get a Cueto type at the deadline. Ventura and Duffy stepping up would be ideal but if they don't this year then I think it's time to put them in the "they are what they are" category

alnorth
11-03-2015, 09:33 AM
Gordon should be considered a free agent.

When determining who is a potential free agent, player options should always be ignored unless its for way more than he could ever get in the open market and its blatantly obvious that he will use it. Mutual options should also be ignored, since they are even less likely to be exercised than a player option.

Great Expectations
11-03-2015, 10:01 AM
It should also be noted that we will have an increase in salary expense with the arbitration guys.

alnorth
11-03-2015, 10:14 AM
It should also be noted that we will have an increase in salary expense with the arbitration guys.

yeah, that too. I might dust off and update my roster spreadsheet and post it later today.

RealSNR
11-03-2015, 10:17 AM
You should stick to QB evaluation. It really is your strong suit.

RealSNR
11-03-2015, 10:20 AM
Chris Young is ancient. Is he really going to be THAT expensive to sign, given we got him for dirt cheap after he won AL comeback player of the year?

Dragonocho
11-03-2015, 10:23 AM
If I'm the GM and I've got the money I prioritize Zobrist and Gordon.

I'd be a little bit surprised if Alex walks despite the fact that some coastal team will overpay him.

If we sign Zobrist it doesn't matter if A1 returns since Zobrist is 95% of the fielder A1 is and a better bat.

Zobrist is going to make a ton of money wherever he signs.

Chris Young at 39 and Madson should be cheap and have bullpen value.

No way Cueto is worth what he will command.

Franklin Morales - wouldn't resign.

ChiTown
11-03-2015, 10:28 AM
yeah, that too. I might dust off and update my roster spreadsheet and post it later today.

Thank you in advance.:clap:

Prison Bitch
11-03-2015, 10:30 AM
FG crowd sourcing chat suggests 4/70 Zo and 5/100 Gordon. And they are normally a bit low.

Prison Bitch
11-03-2015, 10:31 AM
Thank you in advance.:clap:

Just go to Cots Contracts, they even have Excel download files for you.

Edit: here you go: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lh-7vgZ6nTy34jN8PIHzE2AT-gEQIVj0LwTNiDvWCxE/pub?output=html

O.city
11-03-2015, 10:33 AM
FG crowd sourcing chat suggests 4/70 Zo and 5/100 Gordon. And they are normally a bit low.

From an outsiders view, paying Gordon that seems pretty risky

Prison Bitch
11-03-2015, 10:42 AM
From an outsiders view, paying Gordon that seems pretty risky

I'd say insane, but my track record with DM signings last winter was about 0% success rate.

O.city
11-03-2015, 10:46 AM
I'd say insane, but my track record with DM signings last winter was about 0% success rate.

I realize he's a hometown guy and all that, but that's alot for what are likely decline years defensively , which is making up a big piece of his value.

I don't think his bat necessarily profiles anywhere else either so, if that's the price I'd be inclined to let someone else pay it and take the pick.

ChiTown
11-03-2015, 11:08 AM

4 years for Zobrist? Hmm, that's steep, given the guy will turn 35 next Spring, and the other fact that $17.5MM/yr seems obscene to me. Nope

Gordon at 5/$100..........as much as I would want to say YES, I'm just gonna say, thanks, but no thanks

Prison Bitch
11-03-2015, 11:21 AM
4 years for Zobrist? Hmm, that's steep, given the guy will turn 35 next Spring, and the other fact that $17.5MM/yr seems obscene to me. Nope

Gordon at 5/$100..........as much as I would want to say YES, I'm just gonna say, thanks, but no thanks

One guy on it (who's really good) says there's all sorts of chatter in Boston, 4/80 Gordon whenever he wants to sign. Who knows.

ChiTown
11-03-2015, 11:25 AM
One guy on it (who's really good) says there's all sorts of chatter in Boston, 4/80 Gordon whenever he wants to sign. Who knows.

Boston would actually be a good fit for Gordon

Hound333
11-03-2015, 12:49 PM
You resign Perez only if it means we are getting more years. I love him and I know he deserves more money but he signed the contract. If it doesn't work in reverse (I don't see Infante giving any of the money back because he didn't live up to the contract). Perez signed that deal when he was a mostly unknown catcher. The Royals took a huge gamble that he was going to continue to hit. He could have just as easily become a good def catcher how hits like .210.

Now if we can bump his salary and get a few extra years on the end its totally worth it. Giving someone a raise doesn't make sense when you have extra people to sign and it never is a sure thing they will resign with you just because you gave the raise.

duncan_idaho
11-03-2015, 12:50 PM
The thing that makes the Gordon decision even more challenging is that if KC is serious about competing next year, it needs to bring back Gordon or replace him with a quality, proven hitter.

And the FA market is filled with guys around the same age as Alex, likely to cost around the same amount of money.

DaneMcCloud
11-03-2015, 12:57 PM
The thing that makes the Gordon decision even more challenging is that if KC is serious about competing next year, it needs to bring back Gordon or replace him with a quality, proven hitter.

And the FA market is filled with guys around the same age as Alex, likely to cost around the same amount of money.

Is Zimmer going to be ready for the big leagues next year?

ChiefsCountry
11-03-2015, 12:59 PM
This team is going to get blown up in 2017/18 time frame anyways. Gordon for 4 years really isn't that big of a risk.

RealSNR
11-03-2015, 01:01 PM
I think (and I could be a dumbass, that's certainly a possibility) that we should probably think of Gordon and Zobrist in line with the guys whose contracts will expire in 2-3 years. If we REALLY want to keep Cain, for example, does that mean letting Gordon sign a large deal with another team so we have that option?

It's why even though it appears we might be able to afford to retain Gordon and Zobrist in the short term, I'll trust in Dayton if we wind up keeping neither of them.

Would be really nice if Gordon would accept the 1-year option and if Zobrist would re-sign for a short term deal as well. I know he probably wants a 4-year deal, but we can't do that to ourselves the way we did with Infante. There are too many difficult decisions at hand.

duncan_idaho
11-03-2015, 01:05 PM
Is Zimmer going to be ready for the big leagues next year?

If he's healthy. I talked more about it in the official offseason repository.

He likely has a low innings limit that would keep him from pitching from the rotation for a full season. Likely tops out around 100-120 innings

DaneMcCloud
11-03-2015, 01:06 PM
If he's healthy. I talked more about it in the official offseason repository.

He likely has a low innings limit that would keep him from pitching from the rotation for a full season. Likely tops out around 100-120 innings

Thanks, I'll check it out.

DaneMcCloud
11-03-2015, 01:09 PM
The thing to keep in mind is that the Royals awful and ugly TV deal ends in 2019. IMO, Glass should take the hits of resigning Zobrist, Young and Gordon, knowing full well that this team will continue to compete for the next several years.

And once they negotiate a new TV deal, which will pay them in more accordance with the other MLB's teams, he'll gain any lost revenue back AND be able to keep guys like Esky, Hosmer, Moose and Cain lifetime Royals.

Nightfyre
11-03-2015, 01:18 PM
Unfortunately, the TV deal lasts through 2019. The good news is that the Royals and network should be looking at extending that deal at the end of next year if the Cardinals tv deal is any indication. (They signed a deal for 2018-2033 for $1bn in 2015. One could reasonably assume that we can sign a deal for 2020 and beyond in 2017. Additionally, that deal adjusted the rates of some of the existing years for the cardinals.) The Royals pricing power also appears to be strong given local ratings.

Nightfyre
11-03-2015, 01:23 PM
One additional thought: after negotiating a new TV deal, Mr. Glass will have effectively maximized the value of his investment in the Royals and will be presented with his best opportunity to sell the team.

O.city
11-03-2015, 01:23 PM
The thing to keep in mind is that the Royals awful and ugly TV deal ends in 2019. IMO, Glass should take the hits of resigning Zobrist, Young and Gordon, knowing full well that this team will continue to compete for the next several years.

And once they negotiate a new TV deal, which will pay them in more accordance with the other MLB's teams, he'll gain any lost revenue back AND be able to keep guys like Esky, Hosmer, Moose and Cain lifetime Royals.

I don't know that there's a scenario where Hosmer and Cain and or moose are royals foe life. Iirc, moose and how are Boras clients and if that's the case, once they hit free agency, the yankees, dodgers etc just have too much spending power

ChiefsCountry
11-03-2015, 01:30 PM

Escobar and Cain will be 32. We will have gotten their best WAR years out of them for cheap for the most part. Moose could be a likely one to keep. Hosmer is gone. Him being a Boras contract, young (28) hitting free agency, would put up bigger power numbers in a bandbox, potential for endorsements, etc. He is going to get paid and gone - New York, LA, somebody is going to open the check book big time for Hosmer.

DaneMcCloud
11-03-2015, 01:32 PM
I don't know that there's a scenario where Hosmer and Cain and or moose are royals foe life. Iirc, moose and how are Boras clients and if that's the case, once they hit free agency, the yankees, dodgers etc just have too much spending power

While there's no way the Royals will get close to the $250 million per year that the Dodgers receive annually from their Time Warner deal, the Royals should get a deal similar to the Diamondback and Cards, certainly in excess of $75 million per year, which is $55 million more than they currently receive.

IMO, there's no reason whatsoever for letting those guys walk, especially considering there's ample time to win at least one more ALCS, if not World Series.

O.city
11-03-2015, 01:35 PM
While there's no way the Royals will get close to the $250 million per year that the Dodgers receive annually from their Time Warner deal, the Royals should get a deal similar to the Diamondback and Cards, certainly in excess of $75 million per year, which is $55 million more than they currently receive.

IMO, there's no reason whatsoever for letting those guys walk, especially considering there's ample time to win at least one more ALCS, if not World Series.

Like ChiefsCountry just said, Hosmer is very unlikely to stay a royal. When you're into that type of large deal for a small market team, it's just not feasible

Similar to how the Cards had to do with Pujols. Although he did sign a better deal his first pop at FA, which allowed the Cards to have him for so far under WAR production value.

Prison Bitch
11-03-2015, 01:39 PM
What's so great about Hosmer? He's never made an ASG, he was 9th/20 qualifiers in fWAR among all 1B. He was 12th in wRC+. He's a fine player but he's about a average among all 1B and his hitting profile (extreme ground balls and no walks) isn't improving. He will have to get better to be priced out of here

DaneMcCloud
11-03-2015, 01:40 PM
Like ChiefsCountry just said, Hosmer is very unlikely to stay a royal. When you're into that type of large deal for a small market team, it's just not feasible

Similar to how the Cards had to do with Pujols. Although he did sign a better deal his first pop at FA, which allowed the Cards to have him for so far under WAR production value.

That's fine. But IMO, the Royals should resign Gordon, Zobrist and Young, then recoup any losses with their new TV deal.

If Ned returns, this team has a two year window at minimum to return to the ALCS if not the World Series.

O.city
11-03-2015, 01:43 PM
That's fine. But IMO, the Royals should resign Gordon, Zobrist and Young, then recoup any losses with their new TV deal.

If Ned returns, this team has a two year window at minimum to return to the ALCS if not the World Series.

Gordon is a tough one for me (of course i'm an outsider so grain of salt). So much of his value is defensively based, and as he ages thats not going to improve only decline.

Zobrist is somewhat similar in that his decline can't be too far off.

I don't think the Royals get close to or should get close to 100 mil for Gordon. He's been a great Royal, but if thats the case, take the pick and look elsewhere.

Tough offseason

O.city
11-03-2015, 01:44 PM
What's so great about Hosmer? He's never made an ASG, he was 9th/20 qualifiers in fWAR among all 1B. He was 12th in wRC+. He's a fine player but he's about a average among all 1B and his hitting profile (extreme ground balls and no walks) isn't improving. He will have to get better to be priced out of here

I kind of feel the same way with Moose.

Nightfyre
11-03-2015, 01:44 PM
Looking ahead some questions loom.

The Royals should extend Holland now with a Medlen-style deal with team or mutual options on the end.
The Royals should be talking with Moose and Hosmer in anticipation of the new TV deal lining up with their 2018 Free Agency.
The Royals should look at extending Zobrist and Gordon on acceptable terms.
The Royals should look at trading Infante as a salary dump.
The Royals can add years to Sal's deal and make him a Royal for life. The thing is, he will be 29 at the end of his current deal and you must consider the physical toll of the catcher position and price accordingly.

Nightfyre
11-03-2015, 01:47 PM
If the Royals do extend Gordon and Zobrist, how do they address right field and the open rotation spot? What about rotation depth?

DaneMcCloud
11-03-2015, 01:48 PM
Gordon is a tough one for me (of course i'm an outsider so grain of salt). So much of his value is defensively based, and as he ages thats not going to improve only decline.

Zobrist is somewhat similar in that his decline can't be too far off.

I don't think the Royals get close to or should get close to 100 mil for Gordon. He's been a great Royal, but if thats the case, take the pick and look elsewhere.

Tough offseason

Is there talk of Zobrist or Gordon getting anywhere near $100? 5/75 is a fair deal for Gordon to stay in KC.

O.city
11-03-2015, 01:48 PM
If the Royals do extend Gordon and Zobrist, how do they address right field and the open rotation spot? What about rotation depth?

At some point, you've gotta rely on the guys in house, no?

I'd take my pick of Gordon OR Zobrist and take the other money and go get another starter. Or atleast entertain that option.

O.city
11-03-2015, 01:50 PM

I'm assuming FG is fangraphs, who is generally fairly accurate here.

MIAdragon
11-03-2015, 01:55 PM
Yes but it also means he can say accept it and basically have a 1/14.5 deal

He'd be stupid to take that, someone will pay him well.

Nightfyre
11-03-2015, 01:56 PM
At some point, you've gotta rely on the guys in house, no?

I'd take my pick of Gordon OR Zobrist and take the other money and go get another starter. Or atleast entertain that option.

In house candidates could fill the rotation in late '16.
In right field, unless Starling continues to light the world on fire, we have a pretty bare cupboard in the OF.
Going back to Infante at second is simply unacceptable to me. Colon proved adequate as a utility type, but not in a starting capacity. We do have RA Mondesi coming up, but he realistically needs to start 2016 at AA.

Nightfyre
11-03-2015, 01:58 PM
If Alex Gordon's injury this year taught him anything, it will be the value of guaranteed money. If he had been unable to return, it would have cost him millions just due to the timing.

He will not be focused on the rate as much as he will the total dollars, which is why he will not exercise the option. 12-14/year maybe totally acceptable to him, provided he is guaranteed like 70 million or whatever.

Mr. Laz
11-03-2015, 02:02 PM
goodbye Rios, hello Zobrist

would like to keep Young as well, he shouldn't be too expensive

Madson can stay but is replaceable

penguinz
11-03-2015, 02:06 PM
Looking ahead some questions loom.

The Royals should extend Holland now with a Medlen-style deal with team or mutual options on the end.
The Royals should be talking with Moose and Hosmer in anticipation of the new TV deal lining up with their 2018 Free Agency.
The Royals should look at extending Zobrist and Gordon on acceptable terms.
The Royals should look at trading Infante as a salary dump.
The Royals can add years to Sal's deal and make him a Royal for life. The thing is, he will be 29 at the end of his current deal and you must consider the physical toll of the catcher position and price accordingly.You know how I know that you do not know that much about baseball?

Nightfyre
11-03-2015, 02:07 PM
You know how I know that you do not know that much about baseball?

You can trade Infante and get someone to eat half his salary. It's better than his 8M/year ass sitting on the bench.

penguinz
11-03-2015, 02:09 PM
You can trade Infante and get someone to eat half his salary. It's better than his 8M/year ass sitting on the bench.No one is going to pay even half his salary.

Mr. Laz
11-03-2015, 02:09 PM
Is Hosmer really worth a big money deal?

I know he's developing his clutch hitting but most of the time he's more about defense than hitting.

*ducks and runs from the Royal's homers*

petegz28
11-03-2015, 02:11 PM

This is one of the dumbest posts I've seen since your call of us winning 72 games...

Pitt Gorilla
11-03-2015, 02:13 PM

I know he's developing his clutch hitting but most of the time he's more about defense than hitting.

Fortunately, we don't have to worry too much about that right now.

Prison Bitch
11-03-2015, 02:14 PM
This is one of the dumbest posts I've seen since your call of us winning 72 games...

I never called for us to win 72 games. Thanks for the laugh, doofus.

Mr. Laz
11-03-2015, 02:16 PM
Fortunately, we don't have to worry too much about that right now.
We do next year thought, don't we?

penguinz
11-03-2015, 02:17 PM
We do next year thought, don't we?No. It isn't your money. :)

Mr. Laz
11-03-2015, 02:27 PM
No one is going to pay even half his salary.
I don't know, 2nd base seems surprisingly difficult to fill

Some rich team might need a player more than a good contract

Infante is considered a quality defensive 2nd basemen and passable at the plate most of the time.

Before this year, i think i've seen ranked around 20th

Nightfyre
11-03-2015, 02:29 PM
What does 4M get you in free agency anymore, anyway?

ChiefsCountry
11-03-2015, 02:31 PM
We have a very strong window for championships in 2016 and 2017. We have to keep the pedal to the floor. Gordon, needs to be resigned. There is a few outfielders like him on the market this year with the price about the same for all of them. It's pretty much a no brainer. Zobrist would be a luxury signing. We could get by with Colon if needed. The question is do you sink money in 2nd base or RF? That's the two positions where we could platoon players.

O.city
11-03-2015, 02:34 PM
We have a very strong window for championships in 2016 and 2017. We have to keep the pedal to the floor. Gordon, needs to be resigned. There is a few outfielders like him on the market this year with the price about the same for all of them. It's pretty much a no brainer. Zobrist would be a luxury signing. We could get by with Colon if needed. The question is do you sink money in 2nd base or RF? That's the two positions where we could platoon players.

The biggest question i'd have for the Royals is their pitching. Is Ventura and or Duffy going to be the consistent guy they need them to be? Does Volquez hold form?

ChiefsCountry
11-03-2015, 02:38 PM
The biggest question i'd have for the Royals is their pitching. Is Ventura and or Duffy going to be the consistent guy they need them to be? Does Volquez hold form?

Ventura
Volquez
Medlen
Duffy

That's 4. I look for them to go after an Ian Kennedy/Mike Leake type for the rotation.

If it doesn't look good, hit the trade market mid-season again for a rental.

O.city
11-03-2015, 02:41 PM
Ventura
Volquez
Medlen
Duffy

That's 4. I look for them to go after an Ian Kennedy/Mike Leake type for the rotation.

I'd spend money on Leake before I'd overpay Gordon and or Zobrist.

I also don't think the mid season trade market is a great idea to have as something you go after every year, but thats obvious. I don't know what the Royals have in their system to send out for another rental thats on Cueto's level.

RealSNR
11-03-2015, 02:42 PM
Ventura
Volquez
Medlen
Duffy

Absolutely. We need to keep the line moving. Sustained success is great, but I'll sacrifice it if we can get another championship.

We weren't afraid to deal our prospects for a ring this year. We can't be afraid to do it again next year if we're in a position to do so.

ChiefsCountry
11-03-2015, 02:52 PM
I'd spend money on Leake before I'd overpay Gordon and or Zobrist.

I also don't think the mid season trade market is a great idea to have as something you go after every year, but thats obvious. I don't know what the Royals have in their system to send out for another rental thats on Cueto's level.

After 2017 season this is our free agent list:
Hosmer
Cain
Esky
Moose
Davis
Duffy
Dyson

Are all free agents. Window is short. You really just have to go for it, especially as a small market club. We have some decent pieces waiting in the wings, most of the pitching prospects are really young, position players are in that late 2016/2017 call up frame.

O.city
11-03-2015, 02:55 PM
After 2017 season this is our free agent list:
Hosmer
Cain
Esky
Moose
Davis
Duffy
Dyson

Are all free agents. Window is short. You really just have to go for it, especially as a small market club. We have some decent pieces waiting in the wings, most of the pitching prospects are really young, position players are in that late 2016/2017 call up frame.

Yeah, seems it's a 2 year window here then.

Similar to the Cards right now, the chances of a championship are going to hinge on the young pitching.

petegz28
11-03-2015, 02:57 PM
I never called for us to win 72 games. Thanks for the laugh, doofus.

I returned your neg rep, little girl

Why Not?
11-03-2015, 03:04 PM

Don't have to worry about it for another year. If he continues to improve, break the bank next offseason

ChiTown
11-03-2015, 03:08 PM
Ventura
Volquez
Medlen
Duffy

Would take

ROYC75
11-03-2015, 03:19 PM

Too much!

ChiefsCountry
11-03-2015, 03:56 PM

Similar to the Cards right now, the chances of a championship are going to hinge on the young pitching.

Cardinals are in a different boat. The majority of their team is now under cost control until 2019/20 season. The real expensive talent is older and will be gone by 2018.

DaneMcCloud
11-03-2015, 04:40 PM

They'll get Vargas and Holland back in 2017, which will definitely help.

O.city
11-03-2015, 04:57 PM
Cardinals are in a different boat. The majority of their team is now under cost control until 2019/20 season. The real expensive talent is older and will be gone by 2018.

From a financial perspective, yes. From a successful campaign, they're both going to have to rely on young pitchers being good/great

Saul Good
11-03-2015, 07:47 PM
Do you even consider Hochevar for the rotation?

I'm good with Orlando and Dyson in RF if we keep Gordon...especially if we sign Zobrist.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-03-2015, 07:56 PM
Are you really sure that you want to re-sign Zobrist? He'll be in his age 34 season, and it's likely going to take a 4 year commitment to keep him. I imagine that the bidding for him will start around 4/60.

And I don't know why you'd count on a 32 year old Hochevar to be a starter. It will have been four years since he last started a game, and he was never anything more than a #5 on a good day.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-03-2015, 08:01 PM
Is there talk of Zobrist or Gordon getting anywhere near $100? 5/75 is a fair deal for Gordon to stay in KC.

Jayson Werth was 31 years old and had put up 14.9 WAR in the previous three years before signing for 126 million over 7 years in Washington.

You're telling me that Alex Gordon, who is 31 years old and put up 13.1 WAR over his previous three years (one injury shortened) is going to take 60 percent of Werth's contact five years after Werth signed his?

DaneMcCloud
11-03-2015, 10:18 PM
Jayson Werth was 31 years old and had put up 14.9 WAR in the previous three years before signing for 126 million over 7 years in Washington.

You're telling me that Alex Gordon, who is 31 years old and put up 13.1 WAR over his previous three years (one injury shortened) is going to take 60 percent of Werth's contact five years after Werth signed his?

Honestly, I have no idea. I don't follow baseball contracts so I probably shouldn't comment.

Why Not?
11-03-2015, 10:23 PM
MLB network was reporting that Wade Davis was a free agent?

ChiefsCountry
11-03-2015, 10:29 PM
MLB network was reporting that Wade Davis was a free agent?

Team option the next two years.

Why Not?
11-03-2015, 10:43 PM
Team option the next two years.

Cool. I didn't think he was a FA but it freaked me out to see it on MLB Network. You would think they would have it straight