PDA

View Full Version : Mock (11/4)

Direckshun
11-04-2015, 02:34 PM
Assumptions:

1. The Chiefs finish 2015 at 8-8 and miss the playoffs. The front office and coaching staff is fully retained, and Alex Smith has another year before replacement options are considered.

2. The Chiefs re-sign OT/G Jeff Allen 3 years, $10m ($3m guaranteed), DL Jaye Howard 4 years, $33m ($18m guaranteed), OLB Tamba Hali 2 years, $4m, ILB Derrick Johnson 3 years, $10m ($1m guaranteed), CB Sean Smith 3 years, $30m ($12m guaranteed), S Eric Berry 4 years, $29m ($10m guaranteed).

3. The Chiefs cuts OG Paul Fanaika.

4. The Chiefs let walk QB Chase Daniel, WR Jason Avant, WR Frankie Hammond, Jr., OT Donald Stephenson, OT Jah Reid, DE Mike DeVito, OLB Frank Zombo, CB Jamell Fleming, CB Marcus Cooper, S Husain Abdullah, S Tyvon Branch

5. The Chiefs sign the following to minimal deals: RB Charcandrick West, TE Demetrius Harris, DE Nick Williams, OLB Dezman Moses, S Daniel Sorensen

6. The Chiefs pick about #14 in each round (plus an additional 5th for Kelcie McCray). No compensatory choices.

7. The Chiefs sign S James Ihedigbo (Lions) to a 1 year, $2m deal.

8. The Draft:

1. WR Josh Doctson, TCU
2. QB Kevin Hogan, Stanford
3. OT Tyler Marz, Wisconsin
4. DE Sheldon Rankins, Louisville
5. OLB Devonte Fields, Louisville
5. CB Maurice Canady, Virginia
6. S RJ Williamson, Michigan State
7. OT Pearce Slater, San Diego State

ROSTER:

QB: Smith, Murray vs. Hogan
RB: Charles, West, Davis, Ware
FB: Sherman

WR: Maclin, Doctson, Wilson, Conley, Thomas
TE: Kelce, O'Shaughnessy, Harris

LT: Fisher, Allen
LG: Grubbs, Duvarney-Tardif
C: Morse, Fulton
RG: Allen, Fulton
RT: Marz, Slater

DE: Howard, Williams, Rankins
NT: Poe, Howard
DE: Bailey, Nunez-Roches

OLB: Ford, Hali, Fields
ILB: Mauga, Wilson
ILB: Johnson, March
OLB: Houston, Moses

CB: Smith, Peters, Gaines, Nelson, Canady
S: Berry, Parker, Ihedigbo, Sorensen, Williamson

K: Santos
P: Colquitt
LS: Winchester

RealSNR
11-04-2015, 02:37 PM
Welcome back! Don't scare us like that again!

Direckshun
11-04-2015, 02:39 PM
Welcome back! Don't scare us like that again!

Thanks buddy.

I was never gone gone. I was just kind of... gone.

The Franchise
11-04-2015, 02:39 PM
http://www.theblawghouse.com/sites/default/files/Gurleys-Back.gif

The Franchise
11-04-2015, 02:41 PM
Oh....and I love you.

The Franchise
11-04-2015, 02:43 PM
Oh and you've got us re-signing Allen and letting him walk.

Direckshun
11-04-2015, 02:45 PM
http://www.theblawghouse.com/sites/default/files/Gurleys-Back.gif

Oh....and I love you.

LMAO

Back atcha.

Oh and you've got us re-signing Allen and letting him walk.

Fixed. Allen conceivably stays.

jonzie04
11-04-2015, 02:54 PM
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l19/adamtool/hey_ho.gif

Welcome back.

The Franchise
11-04-2015, 02:59 PM
Will Fuller in the 1st. :evil:

RealSNR
11-04-2015, 04:05 PM
Did you watch any of the Royals, Direckshun?

Nightfyre
11-04-2015, 04:12 PM
Welcome back, D! I was sad to see you go!

Let me be the first to say that your free agency assumptions are atrocious! :)

But seriously, it is great to have you back.

Sully
11-04-2015, 07:20 PM
I missed you, you magnificent sonofabitch.

By the way, your draft fucking sucks... idiot!

Sorter
11-04-2015, 09:40 PM
http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/2014-03/enhanced/webdr07/20/18/anigif_enhanced-buzz-6001-1395353351-4.gif

RealSNR
11-05-2015, 01:01 AM
Direckshun, tell me what you like about Kevin Hogan

Mr_Tomahawk
11-05-2015, 09:34 AM

He man.

Direckshun
11-05-2015, 10:12 AM
Will Fuller in the 1st. :evil:

I like Fuller.

There are two Fullers worth keeping your eyes on.

Direckshun
11-05-2015, 10:14 AM
Did you watch any of the Royals, Direckshun?

Random question.

I latched onto them in the postseason. I'm a casual fan, baseball's not really my thing.

That World Series, though, bro. Holy shit.

Direckshun
11-05-2015, 10:17 AM
Welcome back, D! I was sad to see you go!

Let me be the first to say that your free agency assumptions are atrocious! :)

But seriously, it is great to have you back.

Thank you, buddy.

The Chiefs need to work REALLY hard to bring back a bunch of the talent that's set to leave at the risk of taking a big step backward... Allen's competence and attitude have been a difference maker the past few weeks, and there is no replacement for Sean Smith, Derrick Johnson, or Jaye Howard. All three need to stay -- including Smith, who is a damn good corner in a league that needs them more than ever.

The only player I think you could dispute is Hali, and I'm actually leaning towards supporting the Chiefs burning a 1st rounder on a passrusher if the right one comes along. I went from high on Dee Ford to down on Dee Ford in a hurry this year.

Direckshun
11-05-2015, 10:17 AM
I missed you, you magnificent sonofabitch.

By the way, your draft ****ing sucks... idiot!

I will drown your children.

Direckshun
11-05-2015, 10:21 AM

Tell me if this reminds you of somebody: an instinctual play-making talent with decent accuracy and very good athleticism that has experience in a run-heavy, pro-style offense from a decorated program.

The answer is in invisitext: Russell Wilson.

I will be watching tons more film on him as Draft season progresses, but right now I see a poor man's version of that player.

RealSNR
11-05-2015, 12:00 PM
Tell me if this reminds you of somebody: an instinctual play-making talent with decent accuracy and very good athleticism that has experience in a run-heavy, pro-style offense from a decorated program.

I will be watching tons more film on him as Draft season progresses, but right now I see a poor man's version of that player.

Fuck. I said Ricky Stanzi.

Dave Lane
11-05-2015, 12:51 PM
Thank the FSM for Direckshun

Welcome back!!

Direckshun
11-05-2015, 02:01 PM
****. I said Ricky Stanzi.

ROFL

ROFL

ROFL

Alright, I did miss you quite a bit.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-05-2015, 02:56 PM

Dante Culpepper?

KC_Lee
11-05-2015, 03:09 PM
Dante Culpepper?

Nah, Jeff George.

GloucesterChief
11-05-2015, 05:46 PM

No.

Hogan isn't as fast or accurate. Stanford is more run heavy than they were with Luck because Hogan is not anywhere as accurate as Luck. If Stanford is throwing the ball a lot they are in trouble because Hogan is not good at it.

Nightfyre
11-06-2015, 09:06 AM
Thank you, buddy.

The Chiefs need to work REALLY hard to bring back a bunch of the talent that's set to leave at the risk of taking a big step backward... Allen's competence and attitude have been a difference maker the past few weeks, and there is no replacement for Sean Smith, Derrick Johnson, or Jaye Howard. All three need to stay -- including Smith, who is a damn good corner in a league that needs them more than ever.

The only player I think you could dispute is Hali, and I'm actually leaning towards supporting the Chiefs burning a 1st rounder on a passrusher if the right one comes along. I went from high on Dee Ford to down on Dee Ford in a hurry this year.
I just think it will take more money than that to sign Smith and DJ. Berry is looking great, but the cancer looms, which leads to a serious question on his contract value. If I had to guess, it would be north of 7 per. Contract inflation is a bitch.
Hey, I am right there with you on Dee Ford. The talent is there, but he has never developed technique. He gets absolutely stoned by decent offensive lineman who can neutralize a speed rush.

Direckshun
11-06-2015, 11:20 AM
I just think it will take more money than that to sign Smith and DJ. Berry is looking great, but the cancer looms, which leads to a serious question on his contract value. If I had to guess, it would be north of 7 per. Contract inflation is a bitch.
Hey, I am right there with you on Dee Ford. The talent is there, but he has never developed technique. He gets absolutely stoned by decent offensive lineman who can neutralize a speed rush.

Fair point on Smith -- honestly I have on idea what his value is. He's a Top 15 CB in this league under Sutton, but I'm not familiar with any "three strikes" rules with suspensions he could be playing around with. $10m/year may be too sunny for his value, but I honestly don't know where it is. And point taken on Berry -- I think we could get good value on him due to his cancer history.

I disagree on DJ, by the way. I bet we could ink him for around $4m/year due to his age and the fact that he probably wants to retire a Chief.

Direckshun
11-06-2015, 11:23 AM
No.

Hogan isn't as fast or accurate. Stanford is more run heavy than they were with Luck because Hogan is not anywhere as accurate as Luck. If Stanford is throwing the ball a lot they are in trouble because Hogan is not good at it.

Hogan should time around 4.6, I bet. That's at least Luck territory.

Stanford runs a run-heavy offense because they have perhaps the best OL in football right now. Same when Wilson was running the Badger offense.

That doesn't change the fact that Hogan has tons of experience in a pro-style offense and actual NFL-caliber route trees.

He's no world beater. I see him on the caliber of Derek Carr more than I do Russell Wilson -- thus the "poor man's" label.

CleveSteve
11-11-2015, 11:51 AM
I'm confused as to why you would draft a player in the second round who has to compete for a roster spot.

Do you work for the Browns?

Couch-Potato
11-17-2015, 09:47 AM
Love these breakdowns man! keep'em coming!

We better bring back the Defense. I didn't realize so many contracts were up on that side of the ball?!

Too early for me to know anything about the prospects. I only study them before the draft and don't watch college ball, but a couple of questions:

Why trade out Abdullah for Lions S? He's no star, but he fills the role well.

Why let Daniels go? If we like Daniels enough as our backup now, and we pick up a healthy 2nd round QB, then why not Murray to the practice squad? BC Reid and Dorsey drafted him I assume, but considering Chase has been unchallenged in his role this year as 2nd QB I don't see why he'd be the odd man out? He might even be worth a 5th or 6th round pick to someone in a trade? IDK

Saccopoo
11-17-2015, 02:02 PM
I'm confused as to why you would draft a player in the second round who has to compete for a roster spot.

Do you work for the Browns?

Hogan wouldn't be competing for a roster spot with this team.

Daniel is a free agent and Murray will be taking clipboard duties from him next year.

Smith will QB this team in 2016 and Hogan will sit, learning the offense. No need to throw him out there without a year under his belt.

And Hogan isn't chopped liver. He is a lot like Smith. Not as accurate, but he's an athletic, smart QB who would be able to assimilate into this system better than most other QB's in this next draft. And the one thing that Hogan does have is a big arm. I like Lynch and Hackenberg's total tool set better than Hogan, but Hogan would immediately fit this system better than either and would be able to be inserted into the starting lineup in 2017 with a little more confidence than the two aforementioned players. (And Hogan's accuracy is substantially better than Connor Cooks, which is a bit scary at this stage - dude has never had a 60% plus completion percentage season in three full seasons of starting. That's fucking terrifying to me.)

Hogan is a solid choice in the second round for this Chiefs team. Either he or Hackenberg should be available when they pick then and I'd take either.

Saccopoo
11-17-2015, 05:23 PM
I'm not sure spending a fifth on Fields is a good pick. He's not going to equal his 2012 TCU numbers in a weaker ACC conference and there is the remaining question of effort, or lack thereof...

Petrino has already called him out personally once this season for dogging it during a game:

One of the culprits Petrino cited was outside linebacker Devonte Fields, a former Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year at TCU who is considered one of the Cards’ best players. Most noticeably, Fields appeared to be running at half-speed during Cook’s 54-yard touchdown run after Fields had flashed past him.

“…There were a number of plays, like some of the other guys on defense, where he didn’t play as hard as he needs to,” Petrino said of Fields. “He didn’t run full speed to the ball, he had the opportunity to make a couple of plays and he didn’t do it.

You already know I really like both Marz and Canady for the Chiefs. And I think Hogan would be a pretty damn good potential QBOTF for the Chiefs.

I was a little "meh" about the Doctson pick in the first, but with LDT looking more solid each week and Allen playing very well, they might not have to go OL at that stage versus getting in a WR as I'm not totally sure if Conley "gets it" on this level. He certainly hasn't shown much so far this year even though the Chiefs most certainly could use his output in the receiving department. And Doctson is a tactician on the field. I might like guys like Pitt's Tyler Boyd or Florida's Demarcus Robinson a little more due to system, but the Chiefs defintely need to add to their receiving corps.

If a guy like Ohio State's OT Taylor Decker is still on the board, I'd be inclined to go that route before a WR as I think that there are a lot of WR's who will be available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds who offer similar skill sets to what a guy like Doctson. Now, if Decker is off the board, I'd just look at Marz in the 3/4/5 range as I think he's got a similar skill set to Decker (not the fluidity of Decker, but still a pretty solid OT prospect).

At this point, I'm inclined to change my own mock and take off Alexander as Allen and LDT have continued to progress.

jonzie04
11-18-2015, 02:38 PM
Myles Jack is a generational talent. One of the best coverage linebackers to come out in the past 10 years, and he doesn't have any real flaws to his game like some of the other elite coverage guys (Lavonte David, Shaq Thompson). But what Truly makes him a generational talent is that he could saw screw linebacker, and he'd probably still get taken in the first two rounds as a running back. He'll likely go at a top 10-15 pick as a LB after missing all of his junior season with an injury, and there are a lot of people out there that think he's a better RB than he is LB. He reminds me a lot of Le'veon Bell as a RB. Not a lot of players to play this game, that can pancake an offensive lineman, lockdown a WR as a corner in a nickle package, and then Average 7 yards a carry while being used as a short yardage back.

https://eatdrnkslpsprtz.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/myles-jack-impact-player.jpg?w=590

CleveSteve
11-18-2015, 02:53 PM
Hogan wouldn't be competing for a roster spot with this team.

Daniel is a free agent and Murray will be taking clipboard duties from him next year.

Smith will QB this team in 2016 and Hogan will sit, learning the offense. No need to throw him out there without a year under his belt.

And Hogan isn't chopped liver. He is a lot like Smith. Not as accurate, but he's an athletic, smart QB who would be able to assimilate into this system better than most other QB's in this next draft. And the one thing that Hogan does have is a big arm. I like Lynch and Hackenberg's total tool set better than Hogan, but Hogan would immediately fit this system better than either and would be able to be inserted into the starting lineup in 2017 with a little more confidence than the two aforementioned players. (And Hogan's accuracy is substantially better than Connor Cooks, which is a bit scary at this stage - dude has never had a 60% plus completion percentage season in three full seasons of starting. That's ****ing terrifying to me.)

Hogan is a solid choice in the second round for this Chiefs team. Either he or Hackenberg should be available when they pick then and I'd take either.

The reason I said that is D showed Hogan vs. Murray for a roster spot in his 53.

raybec 4
11-18-2015, 04:19 PM
The reason I said that is D showed Hogan vs. Murray for a roster spot in his 53.

Pretty sure he has them keeping 3 QB's and Murray v Hogan is for the 2 spot