PDA

View Full Version : Football Talib suspended for the Chiefs game

Pages : [1] 2

DaFace
11-09-2015, 03:23 PM
It's in the other Talib thread, but this is obviously newsworthy since we play them this week.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14091903/aqib-talib-denver-broncos-suspended-1-game-eye-poke

Broncos CB Aqib Talib suspended 1 game for poking player in eye
Jeff Legwold, ESPN Staff Writer

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. - Denver Broncos cornerback Aqib Talib has been suspended for one game by the NFL for poking Indianapolis Colts tight end Dwayne Allen in the right eye in the closing minutes of the Sunday's 27-24 loss.

However, Talib, according to team sources, is appealing the suspension in the hopes of playing Sunday against the Kansas City Chiefs. If the suspension is upheld, Talib would lose one game check -- $323,529.41 on a $5.5 million base salary.

"Talib was penalized for unnecessary roughness late in the fourth quarter of Sunday's game in Indianapolis for forcefully poking an opponent in the eye after the conclusion of a play," the league said in a statement explaining Talib's punishment.

NFL Vice President of Football Operations Merton Hanks "ruled that Talib's action placed his opponent at unnecessary risk of injury and should have been avoided," according to the statement.

"I sat with Aqib on the plane, coming home [Sunday] night,'' said Broncos coach Gary Kubiak on Monday. "I had a long talk with him. He's wrong, he needs to stay out of the situation. It hurt the team, he knows that. But by no means did he, I'm convinced, have intentions of poking anybody in the eye. That's where we're at. I'm come straight from meetings to you guys.''

Kubiak said Broncos executive vice president of football operations/general manager John Elway had been in contact with league officials Monday morning about the incident.

"My understanding is that they were jawing at each other,'' Kubiak said Monday. "And he went to push him, which he shouldn't do anyway, it doesn't matter and obviously his hands are inside his facemask. But I'm convinced and after talking to Aqib that he had no intention of poking anybody in the eye.''

Talib was assessed two penalties that came four plays apart in the final 2 minutes, 35 seconds of Sunday's game. The first was when Talib was flagged for poking Allen in the eye following some pushing and shoving after a 2-yard run by Frank Gore.

Broncos linebacker Von Miller and Allen were facemask to facemask after some post-play shoving and Talib joined the fray and jabbed two fingers inside Allen's helmet.

"From my angle, I see [Allen] head-butt Von a little bit. I went over to poke his head, and I think my hand slipped and hit his face,'' Talib told reporters after the game. "He acted like he got in an 18-passenger car wreck. I guess that's what type of guy he is."

Allen thought it was an intentional act by Talib.

"You're taught since little league football to play to the whistle within the boundaries of the game," Allen said. "I just felt like Aqib, who is a heckuva player, Pro Bowl player, a guy of his caliber I look up to, went outside the boundary of the game and decided to take a cheap shot. Out of nowhere, I saw something, and it went into my eye. First time I've ever been poked in the eye intentionally when I'm not on the bottom of the pile. Very blurry. My eye is still really sore."

Talib responded with "You think I play football to poke people in the eye? It was an honest mistake."

Kubiak said following the game Talib must stay composed as the game gets "chippy.''

"Both sides are talking, and you have to handle your business," Kubiak said late Sunday night. "So that's on me, and I've got to make sure if he's out there he's got to handle his business." Kubiak said after the game that he didn't see what caused the second penalty on Talib but he would take a look at the game video to see what transpired.

"I thought we did a great job of keeping our composure in the second half, thought we got ourselves in a position to win," Kubiak said. "Did we do some not very smart things at the end of the game to not get the ball back? I agree with that.

"[Talib] knows we can't do those things," cornerback Chris Harris Jr. said following the game. "We know we have to keep our composure, and we usually do. Emotions run high. We were going to lose, and people were frustrated all around."

TEX
11-09-2015, 03:26 PM
Good. He deserved to be suspended. Talib is acting like one BIG TIME LYING IDIOT DOUCHE with his defense. It took some work to poke a guy in the eye through a face mask. He knew exactly what he was doing and now he's lying about it. To borrow a quote straight from the Donkey's mouth," I guess that's what type of guy HE is..." Not surprised, that team is full of them.

Bowser
http://i.imgur.com/5ThRR1i.jpg

Next up, Von gets suspended for trying to flatten a guys neck.

ModSocks
Good to see some justice brought to those cheating donks (assuming he doesn't win his appeal) but this will do little to affect the game.

Red Dawg
11-09-2015, 03:27 PM
Good but it won't matter. We still lose.

DaFace
11-09-2015, 03:28 PM
Good to see some justice brought to those cheating donks (assuming he doesn't win his appeal) but this will do little to affect the game.

Hey got a key INT in the last game, which was headed to OT before Charles's fumble. This could absolutely make a difference.

staylor26
11-09-2015, 03:28 PM

Yea no Ware or Talib won't effect this game at all :rolleyes:

Bowser
11-09-2015, 03:31 PM
Hey got a key INT in the last game, which was headed to OT before Charles's fumble. This could absolutely make a difference.

Yep. Factor in no Ware as well and this is huge for us.

ModSocks
11-09-2015, 03:32 PM
Yea no Ware or Talib won't effect this game at all :rolleyes:

You don't need a Talib to stop the Chiefs passing game. Neither do you need a Ware.

Ware will be replaced by their rookie and will likely get a sack or two, and you've never needed a pro-bowl corner to stop Alex Smith.

The Chiefs gameplan will be exactly the same if Talib was there or not, and the Broncos defense will look much the same as well.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

DJ's left nut
11-09-2015, 03:35 PM
And he committed the 2nd most egregious act by a Bronco yesterday.

Miller flat out drove his knee into a dude's neck and nobody's saying boo about it. It's pretty incredible what that guy gets away with. He's just as dirty as Suh but somehow it never seems to stick to him.

Garcia Bronco
11-09-2015, 03:35 PM
He deserves to be out more than that.

Bowser
11-09-2015, 03:36 PM

Miller flat out drove his knee into a dude's neck and nobody's saying boo about it. It's pretty incredible what that guy gets away with. He's just as dirty as Suh but somehow it never seems to stick to him.

Agreed 100%

DaFace
11-09-2015, 03:36 PM
You don't need a Talib to stop the Chiefs passing game. Neither do you need a Ware.

Ware will be replaced by their rookie and will likely get a sack or two, and you've never needed a pro-bowl corner to stop Alex Smith.

The Chiefs gameplan will be exactly the same if Talib was there or not, and the Broncos defense will look much the same as well.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Hyperbole. No one is saying we're absolutely gonna win the game now, but you don't replace a guy who is playing at an All Pro level with a scrub and say it doesn't make any difference.

ClevelandBronco
11-09-2015, 03:38 PM
There's only one logical conclusion: The commissioner hates people with black sounding names.

POND_OF_RED
11-09-2015, 03:38 PM
"You think I play football to poke people in the eye?" said Talib, who is expecting to be fined. "It was an honest mistake. From my angle, I see (Allen) head-butt Von (Miller) a little bit. I went over to poke his head, and I think my hand slipped and hit his face. He acted like he got in an 18-passenger car wreck. I guess that's what type of guy he is."

What an idiot. You poked a dude in the eye and you're gonna try to characterize what type of guy he is?! Hoping to see Aqib's reaction to an 18 passenger car wreck soon to see if it's any similar.

alpha_omega
11-09-2015, 03:39 PM
Ha...suck it poker.

DaFace
11-09-2015, 03:39 PM
What an idiot. You poked a dude in the eye and you're gonna try to characterize what type of guy he is?! Hoping to see Aqib's reaction to an 18 passenger car wreck soon to see if it's any similar.

It's a bit of a puzzler, honestly. NO ONE believes that was an accident. So unless he just blacked out and can't remember it, he's not only lying about it, but insulting the guy he did it to?

Just weird.

ModSocks
11-09-2015, 03:40 PM
Hyperbole. No one is saying we're absolutely gonna win the game now, but you don't replace a guy who is playing at an All Pro level with a scrub and say it doesn't make any difference.

For the Chiefs it doesn't. It will have very little impact on the game because the Chiefs aren't a team that exposes players like that.

They don't throw to WR's on downfield routes and they don't scheme to attack a specific player in the secondary.

You've watched enough Chiefs football to know that this will have very little significance in this game.

The Chiefs will rely on the screen game & run game and Broncos will play up in the box and keep everything in front of them.

It's been the same freaking recipe for years and it's not going to change this week.

DJ's left nut
11-09-2015, 03:41 PM
Don't get too excited.

He'll appeal and the league will wait until after the game to come down with a ruling....because Chiefs.

KC seems to perpetually be the red-headed step child of the NFL so if they can let him play against KC and then have him out against the Bears in a non-conference game, they'll gladly do so.

ModSocks
11-09-2015, 03:42 PM
Don't get too excited.

He'll appeal and the league will wait until after the game to come down with a ruling....because Chiefs.

This too

dirk digler
11-09-2015, 03:43 PM
He will appeal and play.

petegz28
11-09-2015, 03:44 PM
It was obvious as can be...he took 2 fingers and poked the dude straight in the eye. He didn't try to push him and his hand slipped. Wow, I mean come on, we all saw it. Just say you're sorry and go on.

ping2000
11-09-2015, 03:47 PM
He will appeal and play.
This.

DaFace
11-09-2015, 03:48 PM
He will appeal and play.

It's certainly possible. I never really understand how that happens though. Is there some ambiguity about what happened?

11-09-2015, 03:50 PM
I'm really sick of them being able to appeal suspensions. This instance was clear cut and should have no hope of being lifted, even temporarily. Tom Brady I could understand because they didn't have any solid evidence against him. This was fucking on camera.

so was Von Miller but for some reason he always gets a pass.

gblowfish
11-09-2015, 03:51 PM
He will appeal and play.

Goodell: "Mr. Talib, are you saying you didn't willfully poke that Colts player in the eye?"

Talib: "SOINTENTLY!!!"

Goodell: "I understand you've had some difficulty with anger management."

Talib: "MOE! LARRY! THE CHEESE!!!!"

Goodell: "And what about that incident in Buffalo a few years ago?"

Talib: "NIAGRA FALLS....SLOWLY I TURNED.....nyuk nyuk nyuk...."

Goodell: "You've never sincerely apologized for anything, have you?"

Talib: "I'm trying to think, but nuthin happens!"

Goodell: "We'll lift the suspension this time, so no suspension. But we'll be watching you."

Talib: "I'm a victim of coicumstance!!! WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP.....!

Mile High Mania
I'm really sick of them being able to appeal suspensions. This instance was clear cut and should have no hope of being lifted, even temporarily. Tom Brady I could understand because they didn't have any solid evidence against him. This was ****ing on camera.

I'm half expecting something to come out in regards to Miller as well.

DaFace
I'm really sick of them being able to appeal suspensions. This instance was clear cut and should have no hope of being lifted, even temporarily. Tom Brady I could understand because they didn't have any solid evidence against him. This was fucking on camera.

Eh, I agree that Von likes to play the game a little dirty, but there's a lot of that kind of stuff that happens in every game. You're not really gonna hurt a guy in full pads by just putting pressure on his chest.

Poking a guy in the eye, on the other hand, can really cause significant damage.

wazu
11-09-2015, 03:52 PM
Seems like the NFL moved swiftly on this one. Isn't it usually Wednesdayish when they start handing out suspensions like this?

dirk digler
11-09-2015, 03:52 PM
It's certainly possible. I never really understand how that happens though. Is there some ambiguity about what happened?

It just postpones the inevitable in most cases.

Bowser
11-09-2015, 03:53 PM
How the appeal system SHOULD work -

Talib: "Suspended for a game?? I'm appealing this!"

Goodell: "Ok, noted. You'll hear back when we have reviewed this case.

*20 minutes later*

Goodell: Allright Aqib. We have reviewed your case and it is plainly clear you did what we are suspending you for. Enjoy your week off."

Talib: "WTF"

dirk digler
11-09-2015, 03:54 PM
We will know on Wednesday so he may not play. I didn't realize they move this fast.

Talib is appealing the suspension. He will have expedited appeal rights to an arbitrator jointly hired by NFL and NFLPA, and a decision likely will come by Wednesday.

Mile High Mania
11-09-2015, 03:55 PM
We will know on Wednesday so he may not play. I didn't realize they move this fast.

Well, fine... as long as it won't go beyond this week, let whatever happen.

Dartgod
11-09-2015, 03:55 PM
Goodell: "Mr. Talib, are you saying you didn't willfully poke that Colts player in the eye?"

Goodell: "We'll lift the suspension this time, so no suspension. But we'll be watching you."

Excellent! Especially the Niagra Falls bit.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Slowly I turned...

GloucesterChief
11-09-2015, 04:00 PM
How the appeal system SHOULD work -

Talib: "Suspended for a game?? I'm appealing this!"

Goodell: "Ok, noted. You'll hear back when we have reviewed this case.

*20 minutes later*

Goodell: Allright Aqib. We have reviewed your case and it is plainly clear you did what we are suspending you for. Enjoy your week off."

Talib: "WTF"

For something like that I would tack on an extra week of suspension just for the audacity to appeal something that you clearly did on purpose.

Bob Dole
11-09-2015, 04:03 PM
If they appeal, don't they get to play until it is heard? (Which is seldom within a week.)

Mile High Mania
11-09-2015, 04:07 PM
If they appeal, don't they get to play until it is heard? (Which is seldom within a week.)

Yeah, which is why I'd like him to just sit it out

ILChief
He will win the appeal and play, because...

ILChief
Hearing is Wednesday

Mile High Mania
11-09-2015, 04:09 PM

I don't think so.

Halfcan
11-09-2015, 04:10 PM

You mean like the blatant late hit spear job on Alex last year.... or

Body slamming Kelce so his head hit the turf-right in front of the ref this year.

He is the dirtiest cheater in the NFL- by far!!

Hydrae

Chiefs

Sandy Vagina
I'm really sick of them being able to appeal suspensions.

They should start doubling the punishments of any upheld appeal. You want to appeal? Hey, take your chances, if you dare. It will either be reduced.. or doubled, bitches!

Bet more players just accept their initial punishment then.

Hydrae
11-09-2015, 04:11 PM

Body slamming Kelce so his head hit the turf-right in front of the ref this year.

As long as Suh is in the league I don't think anyone can be the dirtiest cheater by far. Maybe by a little bit.

Mile High Mania
11-09-2015, 04:12 PM

I recall the bodyslam, but unless I'm missing something and maybe I am... I recalled it being more a result of the tackle? Maybe someone has a link. I don't remember it being a blatant body slam.

edit ... found it, and really?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WNMW0zf72o

Halfcan
11-09-2015, 04:15 PM
I recall the bodyslam, but unless I'm missing something and maybe I am... I recalled it being more a result of the tackle? Maybe someone has a link. I don't remember it being a blatant body slam.

and then talked shit like a bitch on Twitter. Such a pos.

Marcellus
11-09-2015, 04:23 PM
LMAO at the lame excuse from Talib.

BigRedChief
11-09-2015, 04:24 PM
Look intentional to me.

bdj23
11-09-2015, 04:31 PM
I wish this douche wasn't a Jayhawk. He'd be a hell of a lot easier to hate.

BossChief
11-09-2015, 04:32 PM

If I had the know how and time, I'd make a video of all of his late hits/unsportsmanlike penalties and dirty plays and send the video to the league office, ESPN, NFL Network and anybody else.

He is every bit as dirty of a player as there is in the league.

King_Chief_Fan
11-09-2015, 04:33 PM
Denver GM coach and Talib are all jokes if they think that anyone buys the stupid story being told by Talib.
Very intentional to anyone who watched it.

vailpass
11-09-2015, 04:35 PM
I like my defense to have a little spice to it...

Stinger
11-09-2015, 04:36 PM
I was figuring it would be a game. I don't care if he does appeal and plays this game. Everyone has the right to appeal, and rightfully so. I just hope the suspension is upheld. What he did was bush league. And he should sit. It would be funny if they waited two weeks to make a decision and make him sit against the Patriots and not the Chiefs, which would hurt the team a lot more.

mr. tegu
11-09-2015, 04:39 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Hqyny0xRr-c/U_IWFhcCZvI/AAAAAAAAA2A/KEmOft-A8_4/s1600/image.png

The Franchise
11-09-2015, 04:43 PM
They should start doubling the punishments of any upheld appeal. You want to appeal? Hey, take your chances, if you dare. It will either be reduced.. or doubled, bitches!

Bet more players just accept their initial punishment then.

The only time I'll agree with you...

Iowanian
11-09-2015, 04:45 PM
Talib is a dirty, filthy, cheating, drug test failing punk. He's a perfect Bronco.

After his week off, I hope they schedule him for a random drug test.

DomCasual
11-09-2015, 04:45 PM

It's a wonder this didn't end Kelce's career, :rolleyes:

It's this kind of tomfoolery that ends up putting someone's eye out.

MotherfuckerJones
11-09-2015, 04:46 PM
I like my defense to have a little spice to it...

Your defense is the equivalent to a dirty slut

DomCasual
11-09-2015, 04:49 PM
If I had the know how and time, I'd make a video of all of his late hits/unsportsmanlike penalties and dirty plays and send the video to the league office, ESPN, NFL Network and anybody else.

He is every bit as dirty of a player as there is in the league.

In lieu of that, I hope you will at least write a strongly-worded letter.

ClevelandBronco
11-09-2015, 04:51 PM

A dirty slut with a razor and an attitude. You bet.

jspchief
11-09-2015, 04:51 PM
Bring back Sacksquash for one week and set him loose on Bronco bean bags.

Sassy Squatch
11-09-2015, 04:54 PM
LMAO bambi ran off as soon as it was announced.

MotherfuckerJones
11-09-2015, 04:57 PM
A dirty slut with a razor and an attitude. You bet.

You forgot Coke nail

Iowanian
11-09-2015, 05:03 PM
Maybe someday Miller and Talib will accidentally spear each other.

jimidollar
11-09-2015, 05:05 PM
He's a dirty piece of crap. It makes me hate the Broncos even more. Goddamn it I wish we could find a way to beat these fucks.

DaNewGuy
11-09-2015, 05:06 PM
I admire Denver's aggressiveness.

Rain Man
11-09-2015, 05:12 PM

I think it's because he wears glasses. People always assume that you're harmless if you wear glasses.

Of course, Von Miller only wears glasses to keep blood from spattering in his eyes during during restaurant robbery murders.

Rain Man
11-09-2015, 05:14 PM
And others have already noted this, but I must chime in. Denver's training program in lying must be horrible. Talib's statements are an embarrassment. If you're going to lie, at least make it something that's halfway plausible. Go look at the Anthony Smith murder trial. The Raiders taught that guy to lie.

O.city
11-09-2015, 05:16 PM
You know what, how bout we go in there a play a little dirty. I'm not saying get crazy with it, but the best defenses of the past and future always play with a little edge.

We need that Sunday.

MotherfuckerJones
11-09-2015, 05:17 PM
You know what, how bout we go in there a play a little dirty. I'm not saying get crazy with it, but the best defenses of the past and future always play with a little edge.

We need that Sunday.

This defense doesn't play with an attitude like it should

O.city
11-09-2015, 05:20 PM

It doesn't and I think thats one thing they're missing.

The great defenses always seem to have that one guy. Not rah rah Ray Lewis (he was awesome btw) but just one fucking yard dog thats just nasty.

I'm not sure the Chiefs have that guy, although it does seem like Peters has some of it in him.

NJChiefsFan
11-09-2015, 05:24 PM

The great defenses always seem to have that one guy. Not rah rah Ray Lewis (he was awesome btw) but just one ****ing yard dog thats just nasty.

I'm not sure the Chiefs have that guy, although it does seem like Peters has some of it in him.

Berry looked like that early on, same as Houston, but I agree Peters is the closest thing. As much as I am bothered by guys having arrogance no matter the result of the play, the Chiefs defense could use that.

New World Order
11-09-2015, 05:24 PM

We need that Sunday.

Well let's sign Shaun Smith for this week and put him in there for a few plays.

Don Corlemahomes
11-09-2015, 05:26 PM
He definitely deserved a Talib-ban

Rain Man
11-09-2015, 05:29 PM
He definitely deserved a Talib-ban

That was a cunning linguist twist.

MotherfuckerJones
11-09-2015, 05:32 PM

The great defenses always seem to have that one guy. Not rah rah Ray Lewis (he was awesome btw) but just one ****ing yard dog thats just nasty.

Hell this defense had more swagger in '12 then it does now. Maybe a new asshole of a DC will help with that.

Rain Man
11-09-2015, 05:32 PM
Berry looked like that early on, same as Houston, but I agree Peters is the closest thing. As much as I am bothered by guys having arrogance no matter the result of the play, the Chiefs defense could use that.

Berry played hard, but I didn't view him as an intimidator. Maybe Houston a bit. But yeah, Peters is the yard dog guy that we need.

Back in Marty's era, I always thought that guys like Dale Carter and Anthony Davis were like that. You couldn't rule out the possibility of them running over and hitting you with a folding chair. You need some of those, though obviously you want to stop short of cheap-shot guys like the Broncos have.

petegz28
11-09-2015, 05:40 PM
I'm surprised they actually suspended a Bronco but as I said in the other thread last night, his appeal will allow him to play against KC most likely. He should still get suspended and I'd suspend him for a second game just for telling a flat out lie that wasn't even close to convincing.

Mr. Laz
11-09-2015, 05:42 PM
Not even close, we should be borderline dirty because we are so aggressive.

We don't even give 100%

We had Manning on the ropes in the 1st half because they were running Kubiak's offense. Sutton didn't release the dogs and go for the kill. Denver adjusted and started letting Manning work his shotgun offense and they started throwing the ball against us.

MotherfuckerJones
11-09-2015, 05:44 PM
Not even close, we should be borderline dirty because we are so aggressive.

We don't even give 100%

We had Manning on the ropes in the 1st half because they were running Kubiak's offense. Sutton didn't release the dogs and go for the kill. Denver adjusted and started letting Manning work his shotgun offense and they started throwing the ball against us.

With this defense's so-called aggressiveness, they should be like Denver. I wish they'd play with a mean streak. We need some headhunter in the secondary.

TribalElder
11-09-2015, 05:46 PM
Donkeys entire team are dirtbags

staylor26
11-09-2015, 05:48 PM
I'm surprised they actually suspended a Bronco but as I said in the other thread last night, his appeal will allow him to play against KC most likely. He should still get suspended and I'd suspend him for a second game just for telling a flat out lie that wasn't even close to convincing.

It's already been reported that the appeal will be resolved on Wednesday of this week. It's very likely he won't play this week.

Toby Waller
11-09-2015, 05:56 PM
hope springs eternal....wont matter

Deberg_1990
11-09-2015, 06:01 PM
The Broncos will miss his presence

Chiefs 14
Broncos 28

TEX
11-09-2015, 06:47 PM
It's already been reported that the appeal will be resolved on Wednesday of this week. It's very likely he won't play this week.

Then it will probably get reversed.

Because Chiefs...

Seriously, if it gets reversed, the system is broken beyond repair.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-09-2015, 06:53 PM
Ramik Wilson is back for us. Give the dude starting reps.

Spott
11-09-2015, 06:55 PM
It doesn't matter. We will still lose the game by 2 touchdowns.

vailpass
11-09-2015, 06:56 PM

Yeah baby!

petegz28
11-09-2015, 07:05 PM

Always have been. I mean the Raiders always played dirty but it was that "we're gonna play dirty and you know we're gonna play dirty" type of dirty.

The Broncos are just bad sports, cheap shot artists and flat out cheaters.

Potato
11-09-2015, 07:24 PM
He's a thug

GloryDayz
11-09-2015, 08:06 PM

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

Awesome!

MotherfuckerJones
11-09-2015, 08:17 PM
Yeah baby!

:)

jonzie04
11-09-2015, 08:53 PM
It pisses me off that Sean Smith didnt even appeal his suspension.

Rain Man
11-09-2015, 08:57 PM
Ben Carson believes that Talib didn't intend to gouge the guy's eyes. But then, he and Talib are old schoolmates at West Point so maybe he's biased.

New World Order
11-09-2015, 08:59 PM

LMAO George, you're a funny man.

stumppy
11-09-2015, 09:10 PM
Ben Carson believes that Talib didn't intend to gouge the guy's eyes. But then, he and Talib are old schoolmates at West Point so maybe he's biased.

He also believes Talibs' intent was to pat the other player on the helmet while saying "Talib friend".

Vietnam58
11-09-2015, 09:24 PM
we might win. . without Talib and with out Charles giving away 14 points we're in good shape

milkman
11-09-2015, 09:50 PM
Gary Kubiak selling a load of shit.

Bob Dole
11-09-2015, 09:50 PM
I like my defense to have a little cheating to it...

FYP

TEX
11-09-2015, 11:15 PM
Gary Kubiak selling a load of shit.

Yep. Makes him look like a liar and a fool.

Psyko Tek
11-09-2015, 11:25 PM

come on , this will open up deep routes for alex, if only andy would unleash him

:cuss:

sorry, it was there I had to kick it

BlackOp
11-09-2015, 11:33 PM
Without Talib...KC would have won in week two. Losing Ware and the Gouger is a pretty big deal...they have been their best two defensive players this year.

It really fucks up what Wade wants to do...try losing Houston and Peters for a game. For them to act like this wont have an impact...yeah.

MMXcalibur
11-09-2015, 11:37 PM
Goddamnit, don't give me hope.

BlackOp
11-09-2015, 11:39 PM
Goddamnit, don't give me hope.

Ha..sorry!!

Denver is living on their defense creating turnovers...they would 4-4 without them.

Vietnam58
11-10-2015, 03:23 AM
Without Jamaal Charles...KC would have won in week two. .

i went ahead and fixed that for ya ;)

Baby Lee
11-10-2015, 03:42 AM
LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

Awesome!

HA! puttaputtaspaspaspa!! . . .

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/mlejsgxOxrU/hqdefault.jpg

OctoberFart
11-10-2015, 09:45 AM
Don't be surprised if Talib wins appeal and plays sunday.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-10-2015, 09:51 AM
Talib will win his appeal.

Because Chiefs.

TEX
11-10-2015, 10:01 AM

Because Chiefs.

Yep. And as I said earlier, if he does, the system is broken beyond repair.

Besides, according to Gary Kubiak, he didn't poke anyone in the eye, so...:shrug:

DaFace
11-10-2015, 10:05 AM
Don't get too excited.

KC seems to perpetually be the red-headed step child of the NFL so if they can let him play against KC and then have him out against the Bears in a non-conference game, they'll gladly do so.

He will appeal and play.

Don't be surprised if Talib wins appeal and plays sunday.

Because Chiefs.

Ah, quality discussion.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-10-2015, 10:09 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Broncos?src=hash">#Broncos</a>&#39; Aqib Talib&#39;s appeal on suspension will be held via conference call later this morning with a decision possible later today</p>&mdash; Troy Renck (@TroyRenck) <a href="https://twitter.com/TroyRenck/status/664111948456263681">November 10, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

notorious
11-10-2015, 10:42 AM
Don't care if he is suspended or not, but he will forever be known as a colossal dumbfuck piece of shit.

staylor26
11-10-2015, 10:50 AM
How the hell could he possibly win this appeal?

jerryforeverrice80
11-10-2015, 10:54 AM

Derrick Brooks former teammate is over seeing his appeal thats how.

OctoberFart
11-10-2015, 10:55 AM

They have only fined for it in the past so why start suspensions now?

Rain Man
11-10-2015, 10:57 AM

Elway does a lot of cash transactions.

TEX
11-10-2015, 11:11 AM
Derrick Brooks former teammate is over seeing his appeal thats how.

ROFL OF COURSE!

Pasta Little Brioni
11-10-2015, 11:14 AM
The Mule Tools seem kind of nervous this week.

Mile High Mania
11-10-2015, 11:21 AM
The Mule Tools seem kind of nervous this week.

So, you're picking up TEX's line... cool. And, what is it that makes you think I'm nervous?

Technically, anything can happen on any given Sunday. We all know that. I was nervous before the Packers game and nervous before the Colts game, although I never imagined the defense crapping the bed like that.

I'm not all that nervous about the KC game. Yes, the Chiefs could win, but I highly doubt it. Take Ware and Talib out, the Broncos are pretty deep on defense and it's not like KC gives you too much reason to be scared.

But, if you wanna run with the notion that I'm nervous... have at it.

I think it will be close in spurts, but in the end - Denver wins 27 to 17 or 30 to 20.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-10-2015, 11:23 AM
It was plural. Know Mo is wetting his power rangers underoos

Red Beans
11-10-2015, 11:24 AM
So, you're picking up TEX's line... cool. And, what is it that makes you think I'm nervous?

Technically, anything can happen on any given Sunday. We all know that. I was nervous before the Packers game and nervous before the Colts game, although I never imagined the defense crapping the bed like that.

I'm not all that nervous about the KC game. Yes, they could win, but I highly doubt it. Take Ware and Talib out, the Broncos are pretty deep on defense and it's not like KC gives you too much reason to be scared.

But, if you wanna run with the notion that I'm nervous... have at it.

I think it will be close in spurts, but in the end - Denver wins 27 to 17 or 30 to 20.

That's a pretty long explanation for someone who isn't nervous...

Mile High Mania
11-10-2015, 11:29 AM

:rolleyes: Well, I do try to keep things simple for you guys.

Look, KC is 1-3 on the road this year... coming off a bye and after a blowout of the Lions across the pond. I get the wild enthusiasm of being 2 spots out of the final wildcard slot. I get it.

The only winning team KC beat was the Steelers and that was at home against the #3 QB.

You still have Alex Smith... (drops the mic)

Mile High Mania
11-10-2015, 11:31 AM
And, I hope they uphold Talib's suspension for this game. It's the best thing to do.. and it would give you guys a reason to find something else to complain about going into Sunday.

TEX
11-10-2015, 11:35 AM

Exactly. Just more "Tool Talk." Its his way...

Red Beans
11-10-2015, 11:36 AM
:rolleyes: Well, I do try to keep things simple for you guys.

Look, KC is 1-3 on the road this year... coming off a bye and after a blowout of the Lions across the pond. I get the wild enthusiasm of being 2 spots out of the final wildcard slot. I get it.

The only winning team KC beat was the Steelers and that was at home against the #3 QB.

You still have Alex Smith... (drops the mic)

The wild enthusiasm is really rooted in screwing with a donkey fan who spends an inordinate amount of time on a Chiefs message board. You spending so much time here is like that story that Hog Farmer always tells about the boar trying to **** the Canadian Goose that is always out by his pig shit lagoon. It's weird and unnatural.

Red Beans
11-10-2015, 11:37 AM
And, I hope they uphold Talib's suspension for this game. It's the best thing to do.. and it would give you guys a reason to find something else to complain about going into Sunday.

How generous of you.

Mile High Mania
11-10-2015, 11:39 AM
The wild enthusiasm is really rooted in screwing with a donkey fan who spends an inordinate amount of time on a Chiefs message board. You spending so much time here is like that story that Hog Farmer always tells about the boar trying to **** the Canadian Goose that is always out by his pig shit lagoon. It's weird and unnatural.

You know, back in the day when KC didn't consistently suck... it was never given much thought as to why rival fans spent time here. But, the last few years, it's changed a bit. If KC wins the game on Sunday, feel free to have a mod delete my account.

OctoberFart
11-10-2015, 11:39 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PBTSugoc6rM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TEX
11-10-2015, 11:43 AM

:clap: Bingo. It says way more about him than whatever the fuck he says here. That's a whole other issue though. :loser:

Be careful, you might upset some Mule Tool Disciples he's managed to fool all these years. Which by the way says worlds about them too...:stupid:

Red Beans
11-10-2015, 11:44 AM
You know, back in the day when KC didn't consistently suck... it was never given much thought as to why rival fans spent time here. But, the last few years, it's changed a bit. If KC wins the game on Sunday, feel free to have a mod delete my account.

I'm surprised your keyboard still works when it's filled with tears of rage. I'd be happy to make that request. Why don't you PM Bob Dole and set that up.

Red Beans
11-10-2015, 11:47 AM
:clap: Bingo. It says way more about him than whatever the **** he says here. That's a whole other issue though. :loser:

Be careful, you might upset some Mule Tool Disciples he's managed to fool all these years. Which by the way says worlds about them too...:stupid:

It's funny. I have a little time to spend on a message board that celebrates things I enjoy... Other than to troll at an opportune time, I can't imagine having the extra time to spend on an message board dedicated to another team.

Seems to speak to how shitty donkey fans are in general or how awesome this board is. Maybe a little of both...

ClevelandBronco
11-10-2015, 11:51 AM
Suspension lifted yet? Did the check clear?

Mile High Mania
11-10-2015, 11:51 AM
It's funny. I have a little time to spend on a message board that celebrates things I enjoy... Other than to troll at an opportune time, I can't imagine having the extra time to spend on an message board dedicated to another team.

Seems to speak to how shitty donkey fans are in general or how awesome this board is. Maybe a little of both...

Rich stuff...

Red Beans
11-10-2015, 11:52 AM
Suspension lifted yet? Did the check clear?

Don't be obtuse. You know this is a hand to hand, cash transaction.

Baby Lee
11-10-2015, 11:52 AM

Any justice, and their D squad would be viewed the way the Chiefs D was after the Monday night meltdown.

Patience.

Red Beans
11-10-2015, 11:53 AM
Rich stuff...

Yet here you are. 20,000 posts and counting. God, your life must be filled with joy! If I had the spare time you obviously do, I could have solved world hunger or cured cancer...

Mile High Mania
11-10-2015, 11:54 AM
Yet here you are. 20,000 posts and counting. God, your life must be filled with joy! If I had the spare time you obviously do, I could have solved world hunger or cured cancer...

Maybe just put me on ignore, can't imagine that anything I do really impacts you at all.

BlackOp
11-10-2015, 11:55 AM
Man..dont drive off all the donko-tards just yet. That would ruin the joy of watching them come to the slow realization that this year's team is a fraud....and Manning will leave Elway's failed attempt at purchasing a SB ring-less.

Schadenfreude for the win!

Mile High Mania
11-10-2015, 11:56 AM
Man..dont drive off all the donko-tards just yet. That would ruin the joy of watching them come to the slow realization that this year's team is a fraud....and Manning will leave Elway's failed attempt at purchasing a SB ring-less.

Schadenfreude for the win!

I haven't had one thought of this team advancing to a SB this year, trust me, I don't see that happening.

Red Beans
11-10-2015, 11:56 AM
Maybe just put me on ignore, can't imagine that anything I do really impacts you at all.

It doesn't.

I'm just trying to figure out why you'd spend so much time here. And since I can't get a clear picture, I lash out in anger. It's the American way.

Plus, it's fun fucking with you. Maybe you should put me on ignore before you ruin your keyboard with all your crybaby tears...

Mile High Mania
11-10-2015, 12:00 PM
It doesn't.

I'm just trying to figure out why you'd spend so much time here. And since I can't get a clear picture, I lash out in anger. It's the American way.

Plus, it's fun ****ing with you. Maybe you should put me on ignore before you ruin your keyboard with all your crybaby tears...

If only you made me tear up. The bulk of my posts came early on in my time at CP. I'm not around much at all in the offseason, and quite honestly post less and less every year.

DaneMcCloud
11-10-2015, 12:01 PM
You know, back in the day when KC didn't consistently suck... it was never given much thought as to why rival fans spent time here.

When was that?

2000: 7-9
2001: 6-10
2002: 8-8
2003: 13-3
2004: 7-9
2005: 10-6
2006: 9-7
2007: 4-12
2008: 2-14
2009: 4-12
2010: 10-6
2011: 7-9
2012: 2-14
2013: 11-5
2014: 9-7
2015: 3-5

In the last 16 years, the Chiefs have had exactly two back-to-back winning seasons. Out of those 16 years, they've only had 6 winning seasons in total, which is 38% of the time.

They've sucked forever.

Red Beans
11-10-2015, 12:01 PM
If only you made me tear up. The bulk of my posts came early on in my time at CP. I'm not around much at all in the offseason, and quite honestly post less and less every year.

It must have been a very lonely time in your life. Did both the pet ferrets die at once?

Red Beans
11-10-2015, 12:02 PM
When was that?

In the last 16 years, the Chiefs have had exactly two back-to-back winning seasons. Out of those 16 years, they've only had 6 winning seasons in total, which is 38% of the time.

They've sucked forever.

Jesus Dane, that's depressing. Please take it back.

Bowser
11-10-2015, 12:03 PM
So who deserved to be suspended more - Talib for his eye poke or Miller for trying to crush a guy's throat while he was on the ground?

BlackOp
11-10-2015, 12:03 PM
I haven't had one thought of this team advancing to a SB this year, trust me, I don't see that happening.

Don't let KnoShow read that...he still believes. Just let his hope gradually evaporate like a slow tire leak.

vailpass
11-10-2015, 12:04 PM
When was that?

They've sucked forever.

I still think of the Chiefs as the teams from the '90s. God I'm getting old.

Dartgod
11-10-2015, 12:04 PM
Maybe some of you ignorant fucks should get to know some of the members here instead of blindly spewing your hate at anyone who roots for another team.

MHM is a good dude.

Red Beans
11-10-2015, 12:13 PM
Maybe some of you ignorant ****s should get to know some of the members here instead of blindly spewing your hate at anyone who roots for another team.

MHM is a good dude.

More tears!

BlackOp
11-10-2015, 12:14 PM
Maybe some of you ignorant ****s should get to know some of the members here instead of blindly spewing your hate at anyone who roots for another team.

MHM is a good dude.

He actually has realistic expectations for that crap franchise.....now, when he finally admits they cheated to get Elway a ring...there may be hope for him. Redemption is a noble cause..

Mile High Mania
11-10-2015, 12:20 PM
He actually has realistic expectations for that crap franchise.....now, when he finally admits they cheated to get Elway a ring...there may be hope for him. Redemption is a noble cause..

Good luck with all that.

vailpass
11-10-2015, 12:21 PM
Good luck with all that.

Not much use talking to Gollum...

DaneMcCloud
11-10-2015, 12:23 PM

I know, it's sad, huh? On both counts...

Bowser
11-10-2015, 12:24 PM

So do the majority of Chiefs fans. Great seats still available!

O.city
11-10-2015, 12:25 PM
We're going in dry in Denver this Sunday.

Broncos, prepare thy anus.

Mile High Mania
11-10-2015, 12:29 PM
When was that?

They've sucked forever.

I believe I was referring to that timeframe... the Plummer era, so while Denver was doing well, the Chiefs weren't too shabby and the trash talk was fun.

DaneMcCloud
11-10-2015, 12:30 PM
Oh and FWIW, I don't have a problem at all with MHM.

I was just pointing out that the Chiefs haven't been consistently good since the formation of Chiefsplanet.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-10-2015, 12:30 PM
I'll believe we beat Denver when it's a final. They're our daddy.

TEX
11-10-2015, 12:31 PM

Just ONCE I hope the Chiefs can pull it off. I mean how many damn times does one franchise get to have it's way with another one? And, how many damn times does one QB get to have his way over another team? And how much SHIT does one fan base have to put up with from a rival total douche fan base? The Chiefs are due and so are we. But...

Because Chiefs

Mile High Mania
11-10-2015, 12:32 PM
Just ONCE I hope the Chiefs can pull it off. I mean how many damn times does one franchise get to have it's way with another one? And, how many damn times does one QB get to have his way over another team? And how much SHIT does one fan base have to put up with from a rival total douche fan base? The Chiefs are due and so are we. But...

Because Chiefs

And, I'll say this ... rival fans don't come here to talk noise and kick you guys in the nuts, it's posts like this that show you guys do that all too well on your own.

Spott
11-10-2015, 12:32 PM

Ah, the glory years. There used to be a time when we lost in the first round of the playoffs every year. Now we just lose in the first round every 3 or 4 years.

Red Beans
11-10-2015, 12:34 PM
I believe I was referring to that timeframe... the Plummer era, so while Denver was doing well, the Chiefs weren't too shabby and the trash talk was fun.

Thank God you clarified that. Here I thought you were just some weirdo perusing a rival message board.

Red Beans
11-10-2015, 12:35 PM
And, I'll say this ... rival fans don't come here to talk noise and kick you guys in the nuts, it's posts like this that show you guys do that all too well on your own.

Your presence is enough. It says volumes. More than words...

TEX
11-10-2015, 12:37 PM

MHM is a good dude.

I've been here from day 1 as have you. I've gotten to know his takes quite well and I have a very different opinion of the guy than you. You keep your opinion and I'll keep mine. He and I actually feel the same about each other, and it works for both. In fact, I respect him more for his bad opinion of me than I do for anything he's ever said here. You know why? Because it's real.

vailpass
11-10-2015, 12:37 PM
I know, it's sad, huh? On both counts...

Every time I say I'm going to tape a tv show my sons laugh at me.
Then I send them to their rooms...

DaneMcCloud
11-10-2015, 12:38 PM
Every time I say I'm going to tape a tv show my sons laugh at me.
Then I send them to their rooms...

LMAO

Rain Man
11-10-2015, 12:39 PM
When was that?

They've sucked forever.

So what this says is that the Chiefs are on the verge of unprecedented success as long as they win six more games. That's awesome.

TEX
11-10-2015, 12:39 PM

Exactly. I refer to it as TOOL TIME...

The Franchise
11-10-2015, 12:49 PM
When was that?

They've sucked forever.

2000-2014 Average?

7-9

Mediocrity and BBQ smoke!

Bowser
11-10-2015, 12:50 PM
2000-2014 Average?

7-9

Mediocrity and BBQ smoke!

Great seats. Man, they are STILL available.

Mile High Mania
11-10-2015, 12:59 PM
I've been here from day 1 as have you. I've gotten to know his takes quite well and I have a very different opinion of the guy than you. You keep your opinion and I'll keep mine. He and I actually feel the same about each other, and it works for both. In fact, I respect him more for his bad opinion of me than I do for anything he's ever said here. You know why? Because it's real.

Don't you have me on ignore, doesn't seem to be working out all that well.

Mile High Mania
11-10-2015, 01:00 PM
Regarding the north TX fans... do you guys still gather at Wizards for games?

New World Order
11-10-2015, 01:01 PM
Mile High Mania is a good dude. He's reasonable and can handle the shit talking unlike Vail and Knowmo.

Mile High Mania
11-10-2015, 01:02 PM
Mile High Mania is a good dude. He's reasonable and can handle the shit talking unlike Vail and Knowmo.

Unlike Vail... dude has always been pretty legit. And, it seems like we cycle through this nonsense this time of year, every year.

Tex, BlackOps and Red Beans & Rice should likely just huddle out and rub one out together, just get it over with.

The Franchise
11-10-2015, 01:08 PM

Vail is a good dude as well.

Knowmo is just funny to me....but I interact with him outside of football conversations....

The Franchise
11-10-2015, 01:10 PM
How old do you think Knowmo is?

What the fuck does it matter?

He's probably in his mid to late 20s.

arrwheader
11-10-2015, 01:35 PM
It's funny. I have a little time to spend on a message board that celebrates things I enjoy... Other than to troll at an opportune time, I can't imagine having the extra time to spend on an message board dedicated to another team..

This exactly. Blows my mind.

Baby Lee
11-10-2015, 01:44 PM

Now that I've tried to talk to you and make you understand. All you have to do is close your eyes, and just reach out your hands.

MotherfuckerJones
11-10-2015, 02:32 PM
Ha..sorry!!

Denver is living on their defense creating turnovers...they would 4-4 without them.

But they're not 4-4. IFs Ands and Buts don't mean shit.

Mile High Mania
11-10-2015, 02:39 PM
Ha..sorry!!

But they're not 4-4. IFs Ands and Buts don't mean shit.

I guess I missed Ops comment initially in all the muck...

So, that's a flukish thing that generally you guys would praise for your team or most others, but because it's Denver, it should be discounted. Got it.

New World Order
11-10-2015, 02:40 PM
I guess I missed Ops comment initially in all the muck...

So, that's a flukish thing that generally you guys would praise for your team or most others, but because it's Denver, it should be discounted. Got it.

No, we just haven't had a game where we turn the ball over 5 times and lose in the closing seconds.

Mile High Mania
11-10-2015, 02:46 PM
No, we just haven't had a game where we turn the ball over 5 times and lose in the closing seconds.

Yeah, that was pretty awesome... the fumbler did his thing at the worst possible time. Just take the knee and go to OT.

New World Order
11-10-2015, 02:49 PM
Yeah, that was pretty awesome... the fumbler did his thing at the worst possible time. Just take the knee and go to OT.

I have a bad feeling about Sunday. Even if we are in a position to win you know Andy will screw it up.

Mile High Mania
11-10-2015, 02:51 PM
I have a bad feeling about Sunday. Even if we are in a position to win you know Andy will screw it up.

That and Alex Smith... #keephopealive

Red Beans
11-10-2015, 02:51 PM
Unlike Vail... dude has always been pretty legit. And, it seems like we cycle through this nonsense this time of year, every year.

Tex, BlackOps and Red Beans & Rice should likely just huddle out and rub one out together, just get it over with.

You think there are just three of us that think your presence here is ridiculous? That's comedy gold. Additionally, the fact that your default insult is the three of us rubbing one out makes me question you sexuality but confirms a stereotype that's common to donkey fans.

Mile High Mania
11-10-2015, 02:53 PM
You think there are just three of us that think your presence here is ridiculous? That's comedy gold. Additionally, the fact that your default insult is the three of us rubbing one out makes me question you sexuality but confirms a stereotype that's common to donkey fans.

Whatever keeps your motor running... I won't judge you.

Red Beans
11-10-2015, 02:55 PM
Whatever keeps your motor running... I won't judge you.

It ain't my motor, Mary. You're the one spouting off about three guys jerkin' the gherkin.

vailpass
11-10-2015, 02:57 PM

You keep humping mhm's leg like this and he's going to think you like him...

Red Beans
11-10-2015, 03:00 PM
You keep humping mhm's leg like this and he's going to think you like him...

I'm fully prepared to break out the antifreeze spray.

King_Chief_Fan
11-10-2015, 03:09 PM
Vail is a good dude as well.

Knowmo is just funny to me....but I interact with him outside of football conversations....

Knowmostly nothing is like CP Clayton. ...obnoxious turd
VP, MHM, Cleveland Bronco and Tomstone RJ are all good guys and posters...some of my favorites

New World Order
11-10-2015, 03:12 PM
VP, MHM, Cleveland Bronco and Tomstone RJ are all good guys and posters...some of my favorites

Clay is a Chiefs fan and deserves to be here. Knowmo goes on another team's board to post shit.

Dartgod
11-10-2015, 03:15 PM

There was another one here that was pretty solid. Haven't seen him in a long time. Listopencil I believe it was.

King_Chief_Fan
11-10-2015, 03:15 PM
Clay is a Chiefs fan and deserves to be here. Knowmo goes on another team's board to post shit.

I dodnt say otherwise.....but both are obnoxious turds

BlackOp
11-10-2015, 03:43 PM
Good luck with all that.

See..that's the common shit-string of denial that bonds all followers of that fraudulent franchise....and keeps them barely above the level of knuckle draggin, mouthbreathin Neanderthals.

You can act like a stand-up guy and all...but underneath it...you still support a group of businessmen/athletes that think financially cheating to win a Superbowl is perfectly acceptable...and rationalize it as somehow legitimate.

Bronoco's titles are built off lies and deceit...as is Elway's legacy. I'm not surprised as a GM...he tries to win the only way he knows how..by throwing money at it.

New World Order
11-10-2015, 03:44 PM
See..that's the common shit-string of denial that bonds all followers of that fraudulent franchise....and keeps them barely above the level of knuckle draggin, mouthbreathin Neanderthals.

You can act like a stand-up guy and all...but underneath it...you still support a group of businessmen/athletes that think financially cheating to win a Superbowl is perfectly acceptable...and rationalize it as somehow legitimate.

Don't forget about the drug suspensions and front office dui's.

Mile High Mania
11-10-2015, 03:51 PM
Don't forget about the drug suspensions and front office dui's.

Yep, and the bullsh that Josh brought with him in that short tenure... man, the cap infractions, greased up jerseys, name calling, drugs, etc ... the good ol days.

New World Order
11-10-2015, 03:54 PM
Yep, and the bullsh that Josh brought with him in that short tenure... man, the cap infractions, greased up jerseys, name calling, drugs, etc ... the good ol days.

Were you a believer in Tebow? Serious question.

Mile High Mania
11-10-2015, 04:01 PM
Were you a believer in Tebow? Serious question.

It was painful to watch those games... the fun part was the drama and ultimately the wins. I loved the passion he brought and while his skills didn't translate, he has/had what a lot of current QBs do not. Tebow had the ability to inspire those around him and lead them, whether they really believed he could do it... they bought in. After the first few wins, I did get that "if we can keep it close, something good will happen" vibe.

After winning the playoff game, I was shocked, as were most. And, not seeing another viable alternative, I mentally prepared myself that Tebow was the QB for 2012. There was no way out of it... until the Colts released Manning.

Elway had the out clause and quite possibly the only way to reasonably walk from Tebow without any real backlash.

So, no I was not a fan of his from the perspective of "Sweet, this is our QBoTF", but I wanted him to win because I think he's a genuinely good dude and he gave it everything he had. I loved his answer to Sharpe in that interview they did for CBS late in the year.

Sharpe was putting him in a corner, saying something like "Yeah, but they pay you to score TDs and throw 300 yards." and Tebow said, "No, they pay me to win games." Something to that effect anyway.

I wish the guy had panned out somewhere in the league, he has so much that many other QBs lack.

In an odd way, 2015 has been similar to 2011 ... just a much better defense and prettier play at the QB level, with lots of "WTF" moments.

New World Order
11-10-2015, 04:09 PM
It was painful to watch those games... the fun part was the drama and ultimately the wins. I loved the passion he brought and while his skills didn't translate, he has/had what a lot of current QBs do not. Tebow had the ability to inspire those around him and lead them, whether they really believed he could do it... they bought in. After the first few wins, I did get that "if we can keep it close, something good will happen" vibe.

After winning the playoff game, I was shocked, as were most. And, not seeing another viable alternative, I mentally prepared myself that Tebow was the QB for 2012. There was no way out of it... until the Colts released Manning.

Elway had the out clause and quite possibly the only way to reasonably walk from Tebow without any real backlash.

So, no I was not a fan of his from the perspective of "Sweet, this is our QBoTF", but I wanted him to win because I think he's a genuinely good dude and he gave it everything he had. I loved his answer to Sharpe in that interview they did for CBS late in the year.

Sharpe was putting him in a corner, saying something like "Yeah, but they pay you to score TDs and throw 300 yards." and Tebow said, "No, they pay me to win games." Something to that effect anyway.

I wish the guy had panned out somewhere in the league, he has so much that many other QBs lack.

In an odd way, 2015 has been similar to 2011 ... just a much better defense and prettier play at the QB level, with lots of "WTF" moments.

I agree. I thought he at least deserved a roster spot somewhere.

Mile High Mania
11-10-2015, 04:14 PM
I agree. I thought he at least deserved a roster spot somewhere.

It's kinda fun to check out some of those highlights on YouTube from that season... especially the damn game @ Miami, when Denver is down 0-15 with less than 3 minutes. Tebow gets it tied, with the help of special teams, defense and they win it OT.

Crazy. You could see that whole team rise up from the change at QB in a matter of two games. Surreal.

New World Order
11-10-2015, 04:15 PM
It's kinda fun to check out some of those highlights on YouTube from that season... especially the damn game @ Miami, when Denver is down 0-15 with less than 3 minutes. Tebow gets it tied, with the help of special teams, defense and they win it OT.

Crazy. You could see that whole team rise up from the change at QB in a matter of two games. Surreal.

They were 1-4 before Tebow started. Wow.

Mile High Mania
11-10-2015, 04:16 PM
They were 1-4 before Tebow started. Wow.

Exactly. Go watch highlights on YouTube of those games... he was freaking awful in his decisions and stats through most, but when it was on ... it was cool. And, the ST and DEF jumped up.

Hell, check out the Bears game... crazy stuff. Went from 1-4, to 7-1 with SEVERAL OT games... then blew the final 3, took the division at 8-8 and beat PIT in the wildcard round.

New World Order
11-10-2015, 04:18 PM
Exactly. Go watch highlights on YouTube of those games... he was freaking awful in his decisions and stats through most, but when it was on ... it was cool. And, the ST and DEF jumped up.

Hell, check out the Bears game... crazy stuff.

I still remember that Chargers game where it took almost 5 quarters to score something like 16 points.

But they won.

Mile High Mania
11-10-2015, 04:21 PM
I still remember that Chargers game where it took almost 5 quarters to score something like 16 points.

But they won.

Those were some brutal games.

O.city
11-10-2015, 04:26 PM
Suspension upheld, miss sundays game

Via mike klis

New World Order
11-10-2015, 04:28 PM

Via mike klis

Yes, the stars are aligning.

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/19c35oidyf35igif/original.gif

Mile High Mania
11-10-2015, 04:34 PM

Via mike klis

Good.

TrebMaxx
11-10-2015, 04:35 PM
Yep, just saw that the appeal was upheld on NFL network.

Halfcan
11-10-2015, 04:39 PM

Before they leave for Denver- Andy should lock them in a room and make them watch the Royals road to the Championship-so they can see what a team with guts, drive, heart and determination looks like.

Al Czervik
11-10-2015, 04:39 PM

Via mike klis

That's a shame....

Bambi
11-10-2015, 04:49 PM

Via mike klis

Nice!

Bowser
11-10-2015, 04:52 PM

Via mike klis

I'm honestly surprised at that news. Having him and Ware both out just helps our chances. Maybe now we'll keep it within 14.

ThaVirus
11-10-2015, 05:32 PM
There was another one here that was pretty solid. Haven't seen him in a long time. Listopencil I believe it was.

He's still around

MMXcalibur
11-10-2015, 05:58 PM
I'm honestly surprised at that news. Having him and Ware both out just helps our chances. Maybe now we'll keep it within 14.

This.

Until the Chiefs actually beat the Broncos, I'm of the mindset that these assclowns will piss and shit all over themselves.

Amnorix
11-10-2015, 06:02 PM

Is Tebow in Canada yet? I thought he should go to the CFL for the longest time.

He's like Flutie in a way -- he has no real business succeeding at the NFL level, but for a variety of reasons, mostly intangible and not relating to the things that make 99% of successful QB's successful, he does anyway.

Rausch
11-10-2015, 06:08 PM
This.

Until the Chiefs actually beat the Broncos, I'm of the mindset that these assclowns will piss and shit all over themselves.

We had them beat this year and self-destructed.

Not in just one or two areas either...

Bowser
11-10-2015, 06:11 PM
We had them beat this year and self-destructed.

Not in just one or two areas either...

Doesn't mean shit if we don't have more points than them at the end of the game.

I've had my fill of this team and its "moral victories". Get out there and fucking win. We've all hung around waiting for it long enough.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-10-2015, 07:15 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2015/11/10/broncos-talib-loses-eye-poking-appeal-will-miss-chiefs-game.html?intcmp=hphz18

SAUTO
11-10-2015, 07:23 PM
Maybe some of you ignorant fucks should get to know some of the members here instead of blindly spewing your hate at anyone who roots for another team.

MHM is a good dude.

This

Rausch
11-10-2015, 07:28 PM
Doesn't mean shit if we don't have more points than them at the end of the game.

I've had my fill of this team and its "moral victories". Get out there and ****ing win. We've all hung around waiting for it long enough.

This is what I mean.

There are so many ways this team kills itself we could lose any given week on that alone. Then you throw in a solid opponent on the road and I'm not that optimistic.

Hell, even Rodgers struggled to get off vs. Den and he's as good under pressure as any QB in the league right now...

MotherfuckerJones
11-10-2015, 07:39 PM
So anything happen to Von?

Fuck Talib. Still won't matter. Alex won't beat Denver yet again.

ClevelandBronco
11-10-2015, 08:00 PM
Broncos' #1 pass rusher is out and their #1 pass defender is suspended against a Chiefs team with a chip on it's shoulder. This is a troubling situation.

I'm assuming at this point that Von will only be unfairly fined rather than egregiously suspended for tripping over that dude who attacked Von's knee recklessly with his Adam's apple, so it could be worse.

DaneMcCloud
11-10-2015, 08:20 PM
Broncos' #1 pass rusher is out and their #1 pass defender is suspended against a Chiefs team with a chip on it's shoulder. This is a troubling situation.

I'm assuming at this point that Von will only be unfairly fined rather than egregiously suspended for tripping over that dude who attacked Von's knee recklessly with his Adam's apple, so it could be worse.

LMAO

Rausch
11-10-2015, 08:30 PM

And you'll probably win, so there's that...

New World Order
11-10-2015, 08:39 PM

Easily the funniest post on CP.

beach tribe
11-10-2015, 08:46 PM
http://i.imgur.com/5ThRR1i.jpg

Next up, Von gets suspended for trying to flatten a guys neck.

Has anything come up about this? How the hell does nothing happen to a guy when he pulls some shit like that??

GloryDayz
11-10-2015, 09:27 PM

MHM is a good dude.This...

TEX
11-11-2015, 06:56 AM
This...

I respectfully disagree. To each his own.

Mile High Mania
11-11-2015, 06:59 AM
So anything happen to Von?

**** Talib. Still won't matter. Alex won't beat Denver yet again.

Yeah, I wonder what the chatter regarding the Von Miller thing has been... on that clip that's making its rounds, looks bad. No idea what happened before it.

Mile High Mania
11-11-2015, 07:01 AM
I respectfully disagree. To each his own.

One of the mods likes you and supports your goals. I don't know when it happened, but I just noticed that those two quotes from you that were in my signature line... well, notice I said 'were'. I guess they were removed. Oh well.

MagicHef
11-11-2015, 08:53 AM
Yeah, I wonder what the chatter regarding the Von Miller thing has been... on that clip that's making its rounds, looks bad. No idea what happened before it.

I doubt he'll get punished, as Von initially tries to get up, but is pulled back down by Doyle. Since it wasn't penalized and I don't believe the Colts have complained about it, I think it falls into the same realm as Starbucks' red cups: something for internet people to get riled up by that no one of any importance actually cares about.

MotherfuckerJones
11-11-2015, 11:32 AM

It takes two to tango...unless you're Talib. So I'm sure it was building up, but he should at least be fined for that shit. He won't though

GloryDayz
11-11-2015, 03:10 PM
One of the mods likes you and supports your goals. I don't know when it happened, but I just noticed that those two quotes from you that were in my signature line... well, notice I said 'were'. I guess they were removed. Oh well.
Let's hope this place doesn't become the Mange.

Mile High Mania
11-11-2015, 03:30 PM
Let's hope this place doesn't become the Mange.

Does TJ still run that thing? I know he lives in DC pretty much now... haven't been over there in years.

Garcia Bronco
11-11-2015, 03:34 PM
So I looked at this Von thing you guys keep talking about...I am not seeing what the problem is. The colt guy wouldn't let Von up and he fell. I guess the Colts player wasn't done holding him yet.

Mile High Mania
11-11-2015, 03:36 PM
So I looked at this Von thing you guys keep talking about...I am not seeing what the problem is. The colt guy wouldn't let Von up and he fell. I guess the Colts player wasn't done holding him yet.

Is there a link to a youtube clip? (edit)

Found it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hKBNmUSDvU

Yeah, looks like he falls on the guy, gets up - knee is on the guy, he is being held and stumbles. Maybe out of frustration he put an extra oomph into it... but, looking at that clip, I can see why nothing happened.

Garcia Bronco
11-11-2015, 03:38 PM
This is the first one I found and stopped looking

http://national.suntimes.com/national-sports/7/72/2089203/video-broncos-linebacker-von-miller-knees-opponent-throat

Eleazar
11-11-2015, 03:52 PM

When you're a garbage person like Miller is, people aren't going to give you the benefit of the doubt

Pasta Little Brioni
11-11-2015, 03:55 PM

ROFL

Pasta Little Brioni
11-11-2015, 03:55 PM
Is there a link to a youtube clip? (edit)

Found it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hKBNmUSDvU

Yeah, looks like he falls on the guy, gets up - knee is on the guy, he is being held and stumbles. Maybe out of frustration he put an extra oomph into it... but, looking at that clip, I can see why nothing happened.

ROFL

Halfcan
11-11-2015, 03:59 PM
This is the first one I found and stopped looking

http://national.suntimes.com/national-sports/7/72/2089203/video-broncos-linebacker-von-miller-knees-opponent-throat

Yep put his knee in his throat and drove it down with all of his weight. What a cheating pos. :shake:

Mile High Mania
11-11-2015, 04:00 PM
ROFL

Miller could sneeze... on the sideline, 15 feet from the nearest human and you would say he was trying to sling snot across the field at Alex Smith.

Mile High Mania
11-11-2015, 04:01 PM
Yep put his knee in his throat and drove it down with all of his weight. What a cheating pos. :shake:

Ban him. Seriously, if the league office thought it was anything close to being bad - they'd do something.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-11-2015, 04:01 PM
Thug gonna thug

TEX
11-11-2015, 04:05 PM
ROFL

ROFL No Shit - I's called Mile High MULE TOOL VISION. :loser:

TEX
11-11-2015, 04:07 PM
Thug gonna thug

Yep, and MULE TOOL gonna excuse.

Mile High Mania
11-11-2015, 04:11 PM
You must have taken me off ignore... I knew you missed our talks.

Garcia Bronco
11-11-2015, 04:11 PM

yeah as he lost his balance. Maybe there is more too it, but the video presented doesn't pull my trigger

Pasta Little Brioni
11-11-2015, 04:21 PM
ROFL No Shit - I's called Mile High MULE TOOL VISION. :loser:

...and the BS is spewed PILE HIGH

New World Order
11-11-2015, 04:25 PM
Donkos going down.

#Fakedonkass