PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Berry was a bad-ass tonight...

BlackOp
11-15-2015, 07:12 PM
I haven't seem him play like that since he was a rookie...rock on!

Bwana
11-15-2015, 07:14 PM
Yeah he was handing out the big hits like a boss.

Buzz
11-15-2015, 07:15 PM
Have a BOGO Big Mac on Berry, your welcome.

Shaid
11-15-2015, 07:15 PM
Yeah he was handing out the big hits like a boss.

Nearly got a bunch of picks too. He was a stud.

lewdog
11-15-2015, 07:27 PM
He played berry, berry, good.

threebag
11-15-2015, 07:29 PM
Great win today for the CHIEFS

NJChiefsFan
11-15-2015, 07:33 PM
I remember him marching up to the Ravens dancing around in Arrowhead's endzone before a playoff game and just staring at them. I loved that attitude. Just didn't progress like we all thought. More games like this would be thoroughly welcomed. Still my favorite Chief, although Peters is closing fast.

Marcellus
11-15-2015, 07:33 PM
<---------------------- STUD

ThaVirus
11-15-2015, 07:36 PM
I remember him marching up to the Ravens dancing around in Arrowhead's endzone before a playoff game and just staring at them. I loved that attitude. Just didn't progress like we all thought. More games like this would be thoroughly welcomed. Still my favorite Chief, although Peters is closing fast.

He really did, though..

2013 was his best season as a pro.

Halfcan
11-15-2015, 07:37 PM
Berry was laying the wood on the cheating Donks tonight!

This guy is such an inspiration.

milkman
11-15-2015, 07:42 PM
People just don't really recognize how good Berry was in his role as the box safety in this defense before his cancer.

He is being utilized more as the deep safety this year, and as his health improves, he is showing why so many of us thought it was stupid to use him in the box.

Lonewolf Ed
11-15-2015, 07:47 PM
He's feeling a lot better than I am! And I am not complaining; I am happy to see his recovery going so well.

GoShox
11-15-2015, 07:47 PM
When was the last time you guys remember seeing Chiefs' players deliver hits like what Berry was doing, as well as the one Sorensen had on Sanders?

Lonewolf Ed
11-15-2015, 07:48 PM
It has been a long, long time. I loved it.

lewdog
11-15-2015, 07:50 PM
He was hitting them berry hard. Was berry nice to see.

ThaVirus
11-15-2015, 07:53 PM
People just don't really recognize how good Berry was in his role as the box safety in this defense before his cancer.

He is being utilized more as the deep safety this year, and as his health improves, he is showing why so many of us thought it was stupid to use him in the box.

People are idiots. Most still think he has trouble covering TEs despite the fact that we were the second best team at defending TEs in 2013, largely due to him.

Halfcan
11-15-2015, 08:00 PM
When was the last time you guys remember seeing Chiefs' players deliver hits like what Berry was doing, as well as the one Sorensen had on Sanders?

I can't think of a game the Donks have been physically manhandled this bad since the blowout to the Seahawks in the SB.

You would have to go back to the Chiefs with DT at home punishing Elway for such a brutal Chiefs win.

EPodolak
11-15-2015, 08:06 PM
The entire secondary was solid most all day. Onward and upward.

GoShox
11-15-2015, 08:07 PM
The entire secondary was solid most all day. Onward and upward.

Besides one play where he could've easily got burned on a wheel route, even Sorensen came in and looked pretty solid.

jonzie04
11-15-2015, 08:10 PM
Yep, he was flying around and laying the wood on receivers. That was some ED Reed type shit..Maybe one of the best games Berry has ever had. I still like him more as a box safety, but he could be a pretty nasty deep safety if he'd lose 10-15 lbs. He just doesn't have the right balance of instincts and speed to consistently get into plays like he did tonight. I doubt his instincts are going to get that much better, but if he can get back to his rookie weight, he can get in on a lot more plays.

The Bad Guy
11-15-2015, 08:12 PM
I was on the fence about paying him, but at this point, they should.

Why Not?
11-15-2015, 08:12 PM
He was hitting them berry hard. Was berry nice to see.

Your not being Berry funny

He played great. And I can't remember the last time a Chief hit someone as hard as Sorensen busted up Sanders

The Bad Guy
11-15-2015, 08:13 PM
Yep, he was flying around and laying the wood on receivers. That was some ED Reed type shit..Maybe one of the best games Berry has ever had. I still like him more as a box receiver, but he could be a pretty nasty deep safety if he'd lose 10-15 lbs. He just doesn't have the right balance of instincts and speed to consistently get into plays like he did tonight. I doubt his instincts are going to get that much better, but if he can get back to his rookie weight, he can get in on a lot more plays.

I don't see why he needs to lose any weight. He was very overrated as a box safety. His strength his whole life has been playing deep and roaming and that's where he should stay.

Ming the Merciless
He was laying wood just popping people

jonzie04
Your not being Berry funny

He played great. And I can't remember the last time a Chief hit someone as hard as Sorensen busted up Sanders

That was nasty.He KTFO Sanders.

jonzie04
11-15-2015, 08:20 PM
I don't see why he needs to lose any weight. He was very overrated as a box safety. His strength his whole life has been playing deep and roaming and that's where he should stay.

Because like I said, he doesn't have the range to be a great single high safety. He is usually too slow getting over to help the receivers. 2 things affect range, instincts, and speed. His instincts aren't going to greatly improve but his speed likely can if he can get back down to his rookie weight, or better yet his weight when he was a legit 4.4 ball hawk before Kiffin.

Why do you think he was overrated as a box safety? He was the best box safety in the NFL in 2013. He is a good pass rusher and he was a force to reckoned with in the run game. He had more Tackles for a loss than Patrick Willis, and Luke Kuechly that year who won Defensive Player of the year. He didn't earn a spot on the 1st team all pro team for no reason...

ThaVirus
11-15-2015, 08:55 PM

Come on now. Stop with this shit.

He was ALL-PRO in 2013 while being almost exclusively used in the box.

wasi
11-23-2015, 01:35 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uFVVqINiFNA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Beating #77 and tackling ballcarrier for no gain is easy after you have just beat cancer!

Berry is awesome

TimBone
11-23-2015, 01:49 AM
Come on now. Stop with this shit.

He was ALL-PRO in 2013 while being almost exclusively used in the box.
This has always been confusing for me, regarding Berry. I hear that in college, he roamed at safety, almost playing centerfield, and was excellent at it.

As far as his days with the Chiefs, from the very beginning, I've always been impressed with his run support, and like seeing him in the box.

It seems as though half of the people think he's better roaming in the secondary, and the other half like him playing up close, in the box.

ThaVirus
11-23-2015, 02:00 AM
This has always been confusing for me, regarding Berry. I hear that in college, he roamed at safety, almost playing centerfield, and was excellent at it.

As far as his days with the Chiefs, from the very beginning, I've always been impressed with his run support, and like seeing him in the box.

It seems as though half of the people think he's better roaming in the secondary, and the other half like him playing up close, in the box.

That's what makes him so great.

He's legitimately great at doing both. He's the most versatile safety in the league. He's a rare talent.

-King-
11-23-2015, 02:04 AM

Berry is great at everything. Thats why he's used the way he's used. If you play him exclusively deep, then you lose his great run support and his ability to blitz. Why would you want to do that?

And overrated as a box safety? wut?

ThaVirus
11-23-2015, 02:05 AM
Berry is great at everything. Thats why he's used the way he's used. If you play him exclusively deep, then you lose his great run support and his ability to blitz. Why would you want to do that?

And overrated as a box safety? wut?

He's probably one of those that thinks Berry can't cover TEs because of a couple games against Antonio Gates back in 2010

DaneMcCloud
11-23-2015, 02:38 AM
Berry is Superhuman. The guy is just flat out amazing.

Chemotherapy and radiation are two of the most difficult challenges that any human being will face, especially considering that if it's not successful, death is imminent.

As I consistently stated all offseason, I just hoped he could live a normal life.

Not only has he surpassed that goal, this may be his finest season in the NFL.

Superhuman.

mdchiefsfan
11-23-2015, 05:00 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uFVVqINiFNA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Beating #77 and tackling ballcarrier for no gain is easy after you have just beat cancer!

Berry is awesome

I rewound this play at least 6 times. That is a play you just never see happen. Most times you'd see a player devote to taking out a blocker for someone else to clean up after. I can't recall seeing someone knife through a lineman to secure the foot of another player. The strength and anticipation needed to accomplish a play like this is otherworldly. That would've been a large gain had it been anyone other than Berry.

I think my favorite part is the confusion of the lineman after the tackle is made. LMAO

Fansy the Famous Bard
11-23-2015, 08:36 AM
Walks back to the huddle, nonchalant-like.

The Legend grows.

Mizzou_8541
11-23-2015, 08:45 AM

Berry is awesome

Wow, incredible play.

scho63
11-23-2015, 09:42 AM
He has come back with vengeance!

Halfcan
11-23-2015, 09:59 AM
Berry is Superhuman. The guy is just flat out amazing.

Chemotherapy and radiation are two of the most difficult challenges that any human being will face, especially considering that if it's not successful, death is imminent.

As I consistently stated all offseason, I just hoped he could live a normal life.

Not only has he surpassed that goal, this may be his finest season in the NFL.

Superhuman.

Berry should be Comeback Player of the Year.

If he keeps playing like he did these last two games- I think he will at least be in the discussion for Defensive Player of the Year. His impact has been crucial to this winning streak.

Halfcan
11-23-2015, 10:00 AM
Wow, incredible play.

Yes and that was like his 5th best of the game. Just an outstanding player!!

ModSocks
11-23-2015, 11:05 AM
I rewound this play at least 6 times. That is a play you just never see happen. Most times you'd see a player devote to taking out a blocker for someone else to clean up after. I can't recall seeing someone knife through a lineman to secure the foot of another player. The strength and anticipation needed to accomplish a play like this is otherworldly. That would've been a large gain had it been anyone other than Berry.

I think my favorite part is the confusion of the lineman after the tackle is made. LMAO

It's what Berry does. It's not the first time he's done that.

Last season i was debating Dane about it when he was telling everyone Parker was the better option.

Parker doesn't play like that. Berry's ability to get up there, knife through blockers and make clutch tackles is what separates a good Parker from a great Berry.

O.city
11-23-2015, 11:07 AM
When I saw the play setting up, I thought it was a big gainer. Good play there

Fish
11-23-2015, 11:09 AM

Berry is awesome

All those damn run support drills... Inside shoulder pad on defender's outside thigh pad. Loft.....

Jayrodt
11-23-2015, 01:45 PM
He is playing on another level right now. The best game I've ever seen from a player in the secondary was him against Baltimore in the playoffs. Flacco couldn't throw a screen pass or a bomb to either sideline that Berry wasn't part of the break up or tackle.

He is gaining some momentum right now and I wouldn't be surprised to see him up his game even further.

-King-
11-23-2015, 01:54 PM
Berry also made a great open field tackle that probably saved a very big gain. Forget what quarter that was.
Posted via Mobile Device

beach tribe
11-23-2015, 02:09 PM
Berry also made a great open field tackle that probably saved a very big gain. Forget what quarter that was.
Posted via Mobile Device

I remember.

When Berry gets to a ball carrier.....that's it.
He almost makes it look easy, and it, most certainly, is not.