PDA

View Full Version : Football Patriots WR Julian Edelman has broken foot, season in jeopardy

tk13
11-15-2015, 08:14 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Patriots WR Julian Edelman broke his foot today and his season is in jeopardy, source tells <a href="https://twitter.com/FS1">@FS1</a></p>&mdash; Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/666074445027479553">November 16, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The Franchise
11-15-2015, 08:15 PM
Fuck the Pats.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-15-2015, 08:17 PM
This significantly limits the Patriots offense. The YAC that Edelman gets is an insanely high % of his total yards

Deberg_1990
11-15-2015, 08:17 PM
Amendola will pick up slack

scho63
11-15-2015, 08:20 PM
Somehow, some way, these SOBs will find or trade for the next great thing to replace him and they will cruise into the playoffs and Super Bowl.

They got a God Damn Leprechaun on their team.

Red Dawg
11-15-2015, 08:26 PM
Good. Now it's Brady's turn but Gronk will do.

Amnorix
11-16-2015, 04:29 PM

Classy!

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2015, 04:31 PM
They'll sign Fred Williams and Frankie Hammond, jr. and win the Super Bowl.

:D

Amnorix
11-16-2015, 04:31 PM
Reports are that it's similar to what Dez Bryant is coming back from. Surgery today, and out anywhere from 6-8 weeks, hopefully, which means back in time for the playoffs, hopefully.

Patriots offense is pretty damn crippled at this point. Dion Lewis and Edelman were like 50% of our receiving targets when healthy, and now they're both gone for the rest of the regular season. It's Gronk and a cast of JAGs now.

We've also lost our top three offensive tackles, and had 2 guards injured. Only one of those is gone for the season, but of course it's our starting LT.

Injuries, ugh...

Ming the Merciless
11-16-2015, 04:32 PM
this severely limits my fantasy football team

TLO
11-16-2015, 04:37 PM
They need another plug and play white no name WR.

TLO
11-16-2015, 04:38 PM
They'll sign Fred Williams and Frankie Hammond, jr. and win the Super Bowl.

:D

I like your thinking, but they aren't white.

What's Lance Long up to these days?

Amnorix
11-16-2015, 04:44 PM
Rams signed Welker last week. I wonder if he hadn't been signed by them if hte Pats would've signed him this week.

As it stands, it's going ot have to come from the guys we have. No way somebody who isn't in the NFL at this point comes in and does much to help the Pats offense. It's too complicated and Brady doesn't trust WRs easily...

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2015, 04:45 PM
What's Lance Long up to these days?

Hanging out with Mic Jones

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2015, 04:45 PM
Rams signed Welker last week. I wonder if he hadn't been signed by them if hte Pats would've signed him this week.

As it stands, it's going ot have to come from the guys we have. No way somebody who isn't in the NFL at this point comes in and does much to help the Pats offense. It's too complicated and Brady doesn't trust WRs easily...

Donte Stallworth? Randy Moss?

Amnorix
11-16-2015, 04:50 PM
Donte Stallworth? Randy Moss?

Randy Moss is such a freak I bet he could suit up and help us. Problem is we don't really need an X. LaFell has that reasonably well covered. We also don't have the kind of OLine that can hold up long enough for Randy's deep threat to materialize.

Patriots offense is much more of a quick strike offense now. Protects the OLine and Brady against the mad pass rushes that have doomed the Patriots in some prior years. With the 2007 offense, no way we beat the Seahawks in the SB. Those Moss routes took a while to develop.

Troy Brown is the guy we need, not Moss, if we're going to turn back the clock.

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2015, 04:53 PM
Randy Moss is such a freak I bet he could suit up and help us. Problem is we don't really need an X. LaFell has that reasonably well covered. We also don't have the kind of OLine that can hold up long enough for Randy's deep threat to materialize.

Patriots offense is much more of a quick strike offense now. Protects the OLine and Brady against the mad pass rushes that have doomed the Patriots in some prior years. With the 2007 offense, no way we beat the Seahawks in the SB. Those Moss routes took a while to develop.

Troy Brown is the guy we need, not Moss, if we're going to turn back the clock.

The reason I mentioned Moss is that there were recent reports that he was itching to play again.

I think it would be interesting to see him with the Patriots, although I'd be surprised if he came back because it would delay his HOF induction by another five years.

Toby Waller
11-16-2015, 04:58 PM
Patriots WR Julian Edelman has broken foot, season in jeopardy

jeopardy? his season is over

ThaVirus
11-16-2015, 05:01 PM
He'll probably come back during the divisional round of the playoffs.

Amnorix
11-16-2015, 05:03 PM

It might be, but they haven't IR'ed him yet, and the report is that he underwent surgery today. The plan is to have him back for the playoffs, if not earlier.

-King-
11-16-2015, 05:18 PM
Damn that sucks. I really like Edelman. Cool little dude.

JD10367
11-18-2015, 06:10 AM
Edelman will be back for the playoffs. The losses of Lewis and Edelman would hurt but thankfully the Pats have two months of preseason: vs. Buffalo, at Denver (the only possible loss), vs. Philly, at Houston, vs Tennessee, at NYJ, at Miami. Aside from 7-2 Denver (who won't be the same team without Peyton), the combined current record of the other 6 teams is a stellar 24-30 (Buff 5-4, Mia 4-5, NYJ 5-4, Hou 4-5, Tenn 2-7, Phi 4-5). The Pats could play with high schoolers on the roster and still win as long as Brady and Gronk stay healthy. A first-round bye at this point looks like a solid bet, and their first round game will probably be against a cupcake... hell, at this point, the whole AFC is a cupcake.

Toby Waller
11-18-2015, 06:22 AM
What the hell does broken foot mean in the first place?
If you break your foot it takes longer than 2 months to heal and you wouldn't be playing on it even if and especially after a surgery.
It just doesn't make much sense to me.

And I'm still picking them to beat Buffalo

TEX
11-18-2015, 06:34 AM
Not wanting players to get injured, but anything bad for the Patriots is a GOOD thing. **** them.

Amnorix
11-18-2015, 08:11 AM
Not wanting players to get injured, but anything bad for the Patriots is a GOOD thing. **** them.

Above is an example of a perfectly fine post.

Above is an example of someone who has no class, and makes me wonder if they are as shitty a human being as it seems.

Simply Red
11-18-2015, 08:24 AM
Hate to say it - but Boston gets another title this season.

Just Passin' By
11-18-2015, 09:15 AM

Surgery's done.
Pin's in the foot.
6-8 weeks is the expected recovery time, barring a setback.

8 weeks would have him back in time for the first playoff game, if the Patriots get a bye.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-18-2015, 09:26 AM
If?

Dave Lane
11-18-2015, 09:41 AM

Above is an example of someone who has no class, and makes me wonder if they are as shitty a human being as it seems.

Tuck daddy is a shit poster in case you haven't noticed.

DaKCMan AP
11-18-2015, 09:45 AM
Amendola will pick up slack

Maybe for 1/2 a game, then he'll get injured. Dude is made of glass.
<object id="__symantecPKIClientMessenger" style="display: none;"></object><object id="__symantecPKIClientMessenger" style="display: none;"></object>

DC.chief
11-18-2015, 09:56 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9g3--WYH8SY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ThaVirus
11-18-2015, 11:41 AM
Damn that sucks. I really like Edelman. Cool little dude.

He's a cunt.

Bugeater
11-18-2015, 12:18 PM

Which category do I fall into if I wished death upon the entire team, coaching staff, fans and all of their families?

Chiefnj2
11-18-2015, 01:05 PM
Edelman will be a good case to follow in years to come regarding head trauma. He sacrifices his body/head every single game. I have a hard time believing he isn't concussed the majority of the season. Tough as nails, clutch player. His injury pretty much puts the nail in the coffin of fantasy team.

Amnorix
11-18-2015, 01:05 PM
He's a cunt.

Only because he doesn't play for YOUR team. Actually, more than that. Only because he plays for a team you hate. If he was with the, whatever, Bears or Falcons or whatever, you wouldn't care about him.

Amnorix
11-18-2015, 01:09 PM
Which category do I fall into if I wished death upon the entire team, coaching staff, fans and all of their families?

If you would literally cheer if a nuclear bomb went off at the Broncos/Patriots game in two weeks, killing 80,000 people, all of whom are Patriots/Broncos players and fans -- including women and children -- then there isn't much hope for you as a human being. Just sayin'.

Mile High Mania
11-18-2015, 01:46 PM
Initially, I didn't like him... but, he's a solid player, not sure why you'd hate a guy like that other than just for the jersey he wears.

Would be nice to think they slow down a bit after losing him, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I'm not sure Danny and/or Lafell can fill that void, but they'll likely do enough.

Amnorix
11-18-2015, 01:53 PM
Initially, I didn't like him... but, he's a solid player, not sure why you'd hate a guy like that other than just for the jersey he wears.

Would be nice to think they slow down a bit after losing him, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I'm not sure Danny and/or Lafell can fill that void, but they'll likely do enough.

They can't fill that void, really. Between Dion Lewis and Edelman we've lost 35-40% (depending on the stat) of our receptions, receiving yards, and YAC.

But...Tom MF Brady...

Mile High Mania
11-18-2015, 01:56 PM
They can't fill that void, really. Between Dion Lewis and Edelman we've lost 35-40% (depending on the stat) of our receptions, receiving yards, and YAC.

But...Tom MF Brady...

True... I can only imagine what the suits with SNF are thinking now with the possible MANNING/BRADY XVII being squashed. Brady/Brock - a new beginning? They have to be pulling their hair out.

LiveSteam
11-20-2015, 12:25 AM

Trust me. He's not a shity human in real life. Far from it. Just a rabid Pats hater. If you're not a rabid Pats fan,you're sick to death of Pats success,no matter who your team is.
Its been 15 years of the Pats then everyone else.
We are lucky. If it was Dallas I'd of killed myself back in 08

ThaVirus
11-20-2015, 09:39 AM
Only because he doesn't play for YOUR team. Actually, more than that. Only because he plays for a team you hate. If he was with the, whatever, Bears or Falcons or whatever, you wouldn't care about him.

None of this is true.

Edelman is a little twat and so are you.