PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Ten Things About Today's Game

gblowfish
11-15-2015, 08:25 PM
Ten Things About Today's Game

10. I'm going to keep this Ten Things fairly brief for a few reasons. One is because I've been sleep deprived for the last three days, and I'm quickly running out of steam. Don't want to start drooling mid-sentence. Second, I was quite surprised with how today's game turned out, and since I predicted KC would lose by probably 14 to 17 points, I honestly didn't have a feel at all for what was about to occur. Third, the "why did this happen" diagnostic is very simple. A formerly great old man ran out of gas, ran up against a defense with a chip on its shoulder, and got it handed to him in spades.

9. When a guy has a 14-1 lifetime record against an opponent, and he hasn't lost a home division game in two years, you can see why Denver probably thought they could trot Ol' Five Head out there today, and he'd find a way to pick apart KC one more time before he's led off to the big orange and blue glue factory. Five Head, like Horse Face before him, has caused me a lifetime of football anguish, and a great deal of those two's personal fame, fortune and glory has been at my personal football expense. I say that quite factually, with a loathing that burns deeply in my soul. So it was very gratifying that, in this possible final meeting - Five Head was able to generate only five completions for 35 yards, four picks and a ZERO QB rating. And he was getting shut out when sent to the bench. How sweet IS THAT? And when we see that ceremonial football encased in glass in Canton that says Manning is the "all time passing yards leader," us Chiefs fans will be able to smile and remember that football is also from the day we finally kicked Five Head's Pimply Donkey Ass to the bench in his own house. The gratification level on this day was utterly outstanding. Just too bad we couldn't have pulled the shutout. Denver has never been shut out at home ever.

8. Alex had an OK day - 17/31 for 204 yards. He didn't do anything stupid to beat us; ran a few times when he had an opportunity, only took two sacks, didn't throw a pick. But we're still dink and dunking a lot, and throwing short of the sticks on third down constantly. That's one reason why we're still kicking field goals instead of getting TDs. Smith hit West in stride for one TD -of course all the yards were YAC- but he missed a lot of wide open guys again this week. Hard to bitch when we win, so we'll give Alex a pass this week.

7. West had about 160 all purpose yards, and you can argue his play vs. Denver this year was better than Charles. He made a couple tough first down runs, had a great TD catch and run, and was responsible for both offensive TDs. That's a good day. I think he's making a case for Mack Lee Hill Award.

6. The other rookie who could win Mack Lee Hill is Marcus Peters. Kid played very well again today, but needs to get a handle on his emotions so he doesn't get kicked out of a game. He's kind of like the Chiefs version of the Royals Pitcher Ace Ventura. Both wildly talented young guys with bright futures; but they need to lock down the mental and emotional part of the game. They'll learn as they mature.

5. Chiefs defense gets the major kudos today. The team looked rested and prepared. Defensive line play was very good, even with Alan Bailey out this week. DeVito had an excuse me sack, and then whiffed on another when he let Osweiler get away and throw the final Denver TD pass. Gotta make that tackle. Line brought good pressure and only gave up 69 rushing yards. That will win you most games.

4. Defensive secondary got some payback for the home opening loss here in KC by getting four picks -fifth pick was by a linebacker Mauga. And they brought the wood all day. Berry and Sorensen were knocking the day living shit out of Denver receivers all damn day. And this time, we had our best DB (Smith) and Denver was without their best DB (Talib), so that was poetic justice for the home opener loss. Also we had five turnovers the first go round, and Denver had five today. Perfect payback.

3. Denver continues to play dirty. Ward got kicked out on the West TD play because he slugged Maclin upside the head for laying a good block on him to spring the TD. I hope they suspend him for a game next week. Denver is as dirty as the Raiders in the 1970s, and they're poor losers to boot. Take the pain you pussies!

2. Only a couple troubling things today: Chiefs had 11 penalties for 102 yards. That's twice as many as Denver had. Also, KC is still struggling with third down conversion, only 4/16 today. We settled for five field goals, which had some of that Cincy stench to it early on. The difference today was, the defense didn't give up a damn thing until the game was out of hand, and made the field goals stand up. Bravo. Well Done.

1. Every year, we seem to say the Chiefs always blow one, and always win one you never expect. This year they were both against Denver. Today's win was very satisfying, especially erasing the sour taste of that prime time loss that put this team into a five loss tailspin. It's especially gratifying to put a big embarrassment on the Five Head in our last shot at him. I'm tired, but a good kind of tired. On Friday the 13th I found out my best friend Gary's dad was rushed to the hospital for emergency heart surgery. Then I found out about Pinkel's Cancer. Then I helped my wife put on a play in a little Missouri town, only to turn on my radio at midnight on the way home to hear about the Paris stuff. More theater work yesterday, bed by 3am, back up today at 8am and lots of physical activity tearing the set down and putting all back in storage. So it's been a very stressful, sleep shortened, work filled weekend for me personally. But life is a series of peaks and valleys. You just have to stay on top of your skis as you slide on the ice. I'll sleep very well tonight. So I say, nice job, Andy, nice job Chiefs, and bring on Phyllis. She's in need of a big ole Bitch Slappin', and we're just the guys to do it.

You can see game highlights here:
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015111510/2015/REG10/chiefs@broncos#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000580702&tab=analyze

notorious
FUCK YEAH!!!!

Okay, now I will read your thoughts.

WilliamTheIrish
Go Gblow

SAUTO
11-15-2015, 08:27 PM
Wrong

SAUTO
11-15-2015, 08:27 PM
And you know what I'm talking about George

bdj23
11-15-2015, 08:28 PM
I've been the most negative fan Chiefs I've ever been.

Glad we smoked the donks.

This team still isn't going anywhere

Discuss Thrower
11-15-2015, 08:29 PM
I've been the most negative Chiefs I've ever been.

threebag
11-15-2015, 08:33 PM
Thanks, GO CHIEFS!!!

big nasty kcnut
11-15-2015, 08:35 PM
Great read george get some sleep and dream of manning getting benched over and over again!

Otter
11-15-2015, 08:38 PM
Thanks GB! Been way too long since the Chiefs handed the donx a respectable ass kicking.

Deberg_1990
11-15-2015, 08:39 PM
Great win. When was the last time we won in Denver? 2010 season with Haley?

Deberg_1990
11-15-2015, 08:46 PM
I've been the most negative Chiefs I've ever been.

I feel the same way, but its ok to be very happy about this Chiefs win.

Chiefs could make a nice run for a playoff spot. Its not like its that far out of reach.

jonzie04
11-15-2015, 08:50 PM
I think Demetrius Harris is worth a mention... The guy has turned into a very good blocker, He has done a really nice job blocking for us the past few games. He did did get beat by Von for a sack, but he held his own against him several times with no help. He abused the Lions.

jonzie04
11-15-2015, 08:54 PM
Also, West is a second year player not a rookie.

DaFace
11-15-2015, 08:57 PM
9. When a guy has a 14-1 lifetime record against an opponent, and he hasn't lost a home division game in two years, you can see why Denver probably thought they could trot Ol' Five Head out there today, and he'd find a way to pick apart KC one more time before he's led off to the big orange and blue glue factory. Five Head, like Horse Face before him, has caused me a lifetime of football anguish, and a great deal of those two's personal fame, fortune and glory has been at my personal football expense. I say that quite factually, with a loathing that burns deeply in my soul. So it was very gratifying that, in this possible final meeting - Five Head was able to generate only five completions for 35 yards, four picks and a ZERO QB rating. And he was getting shut out when sent to the bench. How sweet IS THAT? And when we see that ceremonial football encased in glass in Canton that says Manning is the "all time passing yards leader," us Chiefs fans will be able to smile and remember that football is also from the day we finally kicked Five Head's Pimply Donkey Ass to the bench in his own house. The gratification level on this day was utterly outstanding.

Entirely agree with this. This is a memorable win if nothing else than the symbolism that we can finally move on from that fuckhead completely eliminating our chances of really being successful every goddamn year.

Al Czervik
11-15-2015, 09:20 PM
Great analysis as always GB.....
Thanks

BlackOp
11-15-2015, 09:23 PM
Way way way more fun than the NE beat-down last season...seeing that stadium 3/4 empty and the score 29-6...considering they were 7-1. Priceless....and sure as shit...a long time coming.

Three7s
11-15-2015, 09:26 PM

ping2000
11-15-2015, 11:01 PM
Sung by Peyton to the tune of the Nationwide commercial: "Kansas City kicked my ass!"

KC Dan
11-15-2015, 11:06 PM
Sung by Peyton to the tune of the Nationwide commercial: "Kansas City kicked my ass!"
"I just threw 4 I-N-T's"

InChiefsHeaven
11-15-2015, 11:08 PM
Donkey tears you taste so good...

MMXcalibur
11-15-2015, 11:11 PM
I am ecstatic we got to get at least one more win against Manning before he rides off into the sunset. He's been our Kryptonite since...forever.

Great read as always, George.

KChiefs1
11-15-2015, 11:13 PM
Great read George.

Peters has the Mack Lee Hill wrapped up imho.

Otter
11-15-2015, 11:24 PM
As good of place to put this as any; if West can put on 5 - 10 pounds of muscle (not unreasonable at his age and making enough money to make it his full time job) in the off season and focus on leg power and speed he just may be silly good and retire a rich man.</br></br>For the 1st time in a long time I got to beat up some Bronco friends. About fucking time!!!

Buehler445
11-16-2015, 12:00 AM
Great read George. I'm trying to get moved, so I didn't even bother to catch most of the game. I listened for awhile at 10-0 and figured we'd blow it. I listened at 29-0 and knew it was out of hand. This one would have been one to watch.

Fuck Fivehead.

Fuck Horseface.

Fuck all things Donk.

2bikemike
11-16-2015, 12:04 AM

"I just threw 4 I-N-T's"

Donkey tears you taste so good...

"I Like it!"

Mr. Flopnuts
11-16-2015, 12:43 AM
Great read George. Enjoy your sleep. To touch on Alex. The asshole was good for about 140 yards minus West tearing that one off for about 60 YAC.

Otter
11-16-2015, 12:59 AM
Great read George. Enjoy your sleep. To touch on Alex. The asshole was good for about 140 yards minus West tearing that one off for about 60 YAC. Alex seems to be at least a bit snake bitten when he goes for a long ball. Wilson could have caught that ball in the end zone and stuck a little fire up everyone's ass. It's almost like 'holy hell, he threw it long' and no one expects it including his own receivers.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-16-2015, 01:05 AM
Alex seems to be at least a bit snake bitten when he goes for a long ball. Wilson could have caught that ball in the end zone and stuck a little fire up everyone's ass. It's almost like 'holy hell, he threw it long' and no one expects it including his own receivers.

Agreed. While Wilson SHOULD'VE caught that ball, Alex should've put it in his bread basket considering how wide open he was.

Otter
11-16-2015, 01:16 AM
Agreed. While Wilson SHOULD'VE caught that ball, Alex should've put it in his bread basket considering how wide open he was. I was watching the game at a pub but it certainly looked catchable as you said. It just seems if there was a little (hell, a tiny bit) consistency both ends of the receiving game would get along a whole lot better. Just give it a shot already. Consistently.

chiefzilla1501
11-16-2015, 02:32 AM
8. Alex had an OK day - 17/31 for 204 yards. He didn't do anything stupid to beat us; ran a few times when he had an opportunity, only took two sacks, didn't throw a pick. But we're still dink and dunking a lot, and throwing short of the sticks on third down constantly. That's one reason why we're still kicking field goals instead of getting TDs. Smith hit West in stride for one TD -of course all the yards were YAC- but he missed a lot of wide open guys again this week. Hard to bitch when we win, so we'll give Alex a pass this week.

Ugh. I'm excited about the Chiefs' win today. But it's still a little bittersweet because we see the same damn issues with Alex Smith even in a blowout. 3 for 13 on 3rd downs. Six field goal attempts -- are you fucking kidding me?
You CANNOT keep squeaking by with a third down efficiency and short field offense this terrible.

I'm really glad to see the defense play awesome two weeks in a row. But it also seems that during the Chiefs' winning streak, all it seems to have done is make Alex Smith more comfortable with being Alex Smith. And I hope to God it hasn't made the Chiefs feel the same way too.

Coochie liquor
11-16-2015, 05:34 AM
http://giffage.com/gif.php?show=media3.giphy.com/media/9d7BEhKsXJ7O0/giphy.gif

11-16-2015, 05:48 AM
Yet another enjoyable read.

CoMoChief
11-16-2015, 06:12 AM

MeaTy The Pimp
11-16-2015, 07:24 AM
Good read as always Gblowfish. Now go catch a nap.

Bwana
11-16-2015, 08:46 AM
Good work George, again! Get some rest.

Halfcan
11-16-2015, 09:14 AM
Great job as always! This was probably your most favorite ever to write. Revenge is sweet when served to the Cheating Donks.

They do not look so invincible now.

Chicago will be watching a lot of tape of the game and will be ready for them.

fan4ever
11-16-2015, 09:26 AM
I enjoyed this game incredibly and expected the Broncos to mount a comeback, probably like every other Chief fan here, especially with Reid's incredibly inept play calling after the first TD...and for me, that's the problem now and forever as long as Reid is calling the plays. We can't expect opposing QB's to give us those kind of opportunities, the D can't be that dominant every time, and we're going to have to hang our hopes on an offense that doesn't know that receivers should run pass patterns past the sticks to get a first down when it's third and long.

fan4ever
11-16-2015, 09:27 AM
Great job as always! This was probably your most favorite ever to write. Revenge is sweet when served to the Cheating Donks.

They do not look so invincible now.

Chicago will be watching a lot of tape of the game and will be ready for them.

I noticed that we brought pressure from up the middle a lot; getting Manning to have to move and throw vs. sitting in a nice pocket...wonder if we learned that from Indy?

TEX
11-16-2015, 09:36 AM
So it was very gratifying that, in this possible final meeting - Five Head was able to generate only five completions for 35 yards, four picks and a ZERO QB rating. And he was getting shut out when sent to the bench. How sweet IS THAT? And when we see that ceremonial football encased in glass in Canton that says Manning is the "all time passing yards leader," us Chiefs fans will be able to smile and remember that football is also from the day we finally kicked Five Head's Pimply Donkey Ass to the bench in his own house. The gratification level on this day was utterly outstanding.

:clap: THIS says it ALL!

scho63
11-16-2015, 09:52 AM

9. Five Head, like Horse Face before him, has caused me a lifetime of football anguish, and a great deal of those two's personal fame, fortune and glory has been at my personal football expense. I say that quite factually, with a loathing that burns deeply in my soul. So it was very gratifying that, in this possible final meeting - Five Head was able to generate only five completions for 35 yards, four picks and a ZERO QB rating. And he was getting shut out when sent to the bench. How sweet IS THAT?
This might be the single summation that radiated through me during the entire game. :clap:

8. Alex had an OK day - but he missed a lot of wide open guys again this week. Hard to bitch when we win, so we'll give Alex a pass this week.
You're too kind-I thought he played pretty crappy and the fact that once again we keep having to kick FG's all the damn time is going to bite us in the ass in the future when the game is on the line. I'll give Alex a plus for the great scrambles and yards he picked up.

7-8. West and the other rookie who could win Mack Lee Hill is Marcus Peters.
Both playing very well and with a high degree of confidence.

4. Defensive secondary got some payback for the home opening loss here in KC by getting four picks -fifth pick was by a linebacker Mauga. And they brought the wood all day. Berry and Sorensen were knocking the day living shit out of Denver receivers all damn day.
I was really impressed with Sorensen. He was hitting the hell out of the players and played a great game. Quite shocked and positively surprised.

2. Only a couple troubling things today: Chiefs 11 penalties 102 yards. KC is still struggling with third down conversion, only 4/16 today. We settled for five field goals.
The stupid play calling combined with Alex's constant check downs really puts this team in 3rd and longs way too often. Our Red Zone offense sucks this year

1. Every year, we seem to say the Chiefs always blow one, and always win one you never expect.
When we kept kicking FG's, I had this horrible feeling and flashback that Manning was going to get hot and lead a comeback. Thank God I was wrong.

It was really a weird feeling watching the game as Denver was never in it and it seemed almost too easy.

The one real positive today versus past performances is that when our guys had a chance for an interception, they made it. So many times in the past balls hit our guys and they drop them. Today we had glue hands and nothing dropped, a great performance by our D.

I hope we don't suffer a let down going into San Diego because Phyllis also has hurt us in the past and I think at this point in his career, he is more dangerous than Manning.

Great quick takes and thanks as always for the writeup GB! :D

BlackHelicopters
11-16-2015, 09:55 AM
I want to take you for drinks and dinner.
#NoHomo

thabear04
11-16-2015, 10:18 AM
Nice read

gblowfish
11-16-2015, 10:27 AM
Mister Manning.
Zero...
Point....
Zero....

Halfcan
11-16-2015, 10:57 AM
I noticed that we brought pressure from up the middle a lot; getting Manning to have to move and throw vs. sitting in a nice pocket...wonder if we learned that from Indy?

Exactly. Not sure why we took the pressure off when Asswiper came in? Would have been great to keep the shutout going-but glad to get the big win.

Biggest win since Andy came to KC.

mnchiefsguy
11-16-2015, 02:37 PM

I think it was 2011 with Romeo... that 7-3 abomination of a game where we beat Tebow to finish 7-9.

Easy 6
11-17-2015, 01:52 PM
This was an extremely gratifying win because we didn't just win, we put it on' em but good.

Was working out of town sunday, but was able to listen to Lenny and Mitch etc in my truck on a station out of Kirksville, Mo... wont go into specifics here, but those guys kinda suck, IMO.

They talk an awful lot without actually saying much.

And oh yeah... **** you Dinver.

Easy 6
11-17-2015, 02:48 PM
Oh, and its worth mentioning just how ****ing cool the all whites look when they go with the all red socks, they just pull the whole look together... and the guys wearing the all red undershirts with long sleeves all looked slick as hell.

rabblerouser
11-17-2015, 06:19 PM
This was an extremely gratifying win because we didn't just win, we put it on' em but good.

Was working out of town sunday, but was able to listen to Lenny and Mitch etc in my truck on a station out of Kirksville, Mo... wont go into specifics here, but those guys kinda suck, IMO.

They talk an awful lot without actually saying much.

And oh yeah... **** you Dinver.

Mitch is just a homer with the voice...Lenny is 109 years old and quit caring 15 years ago.

When I was little it was Lenny and Kevin Harlan...MAGIC.

"Oh, Baby - WHAT A PLAY!!" Make the hair on the back of your neck stand up.

TEX
11-17-2015, 07:18 PM
Oh, and its worth mentioning just how ****ing cool the all whites look when they go with the all red socks, they just pull the whole look together... and the guys wearing the all red undershirts with long sleeves all looked slick as hell.

I thought so too. Hope they stick with that look on the road now. :thumb:

Psyko Tek
11-17-2015, 07:22 PM
As good of place to put this as any; if West can put on 5 - 10 pounds of muscle (not unreasonable at his age and making enough money to make it his full time job) in the off season and focus on leg power and speed he just may be silly good and retire a rich man.</br></br>For the 1st time in a long time I got to beat up some Bronco friends. About fucking time!!!

my bronco bud emailed me shit talk right after the royals won
I started hammering him at half time
and he hasn't got back to me

Mr. Flopnuts
11-17-2015, 07:38 PM
my bronco bud emailed me shit talk right after the royals won
I started hammering him at half time
and he hasn't got back to me

STILL?!?!? Pussy...

Tell him I said that. Better yet, screen cap it! :fire:

Buzz
11-17-2015, 08:16 PM
Chiefs would have won that first game had they not rolled over to the bully tactics of the Donks. If this team starts to play with some attitude, who knows. The defense is absolutely rocking.