PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Would you trade Jamaal Charles if West continues to improve?

CoMoChief
11-18-2015, 05:51 PM
People aren't going to like or agree with said notion, but let's be honest...Charles gets beat up a lot and he's a smaller guy...it's a position that takes a lot of beating. This is his 2nd major knee injury, is it really worth it to keep paying this guy top dollar considering the Chiefs really haven't skipped a beat on offense?

The more and more this team wins without Charles the more expendable he becomes. West is putting up more numbers and its safe to assume those numbers will increase as long as the offense continues to get better. Oline is doing a better job. Chiefs need work in the redzone (need TD's not FG's). I'm almost starting to believe if RB should be a position to invest in, and right now it almost seems silly to keep investing big money in that position. RB's grow on trees, have for years...yeah there are those stud RB's that are once in a generation but eventually they get hurt or start to slow down, and at a rapid pace.

Not to say Charles has slowed down, but you also can't help the team if you're injured. It's hard to move on from a really great player that's mostly the reason why people will disagree w/ this. No one thought we'd ever replace Priest Holmes, well Larry Johnson came along. Then Larry started bumpin' heads w/ the coaches and started smackin' up women and people thought we wouldn't be able to replace Larry Johnson, then Jamaal Charles came along. The Chiefs have been very stable at this position for an awfully long time, probably better than any other team in the league. But it hasn't won us anything. RB is a position that's easily replaceable, they're out there everywhere FA, PS, NFL draft.

If West continues to put up good numbers then that's a position that can be settled at a temporary low cost until he demands a contract extension for outplaying his current deal. During that time though I think it'd be smart for the Chiefs to trade Charles to someone in the NFC. I'm willing to bet some team would do it and would compensate the Chiefs a 2nd or 3rd for him, maybe more or both who knows...Jerry would be salivating at it - he still thinks the Cowboys are "so close" to winning a SB. This team needs more early picks to trade up and snag a QBOTF.

ModSocks
11-18-2015, 05:53 PM
No. You play them both and you have one ready to go in case the other goes down...like this season.

I'll never understand Chiefs' fans infatuation with trading away good players.

You understand that Charles is a rare specimen, right? You ride that shit till the wheels fall off and enjoy every last minute of it till it's over.

The Franchise
11-18-2015, 05:53 PM
No. You play them both and you have one ready to go in case the other goes down...like this season.

You understand that Charles is a rare specimen, right? You ride that shit till the wheels fall off and enjoy every last minute of it till it's over.

This.

ModSocks
11-18-2015, 05:54 PM
On top of that, i doubt you'd get your money's worth in a trade anyway.

Deberg_1990
11-18-2015, 05:55 PM
Hes probably worth more to the Chiefs than what he would bring in a trade.

beach tribe
11-18-2015, 05:57 PM
On top of that, i doubt you'd get your money's worth in a trade anyway.
You wouldn't get shit coming off injury.

mcaj22
11-18-2015, 05:57 PM
What team in their right mind is going to trade drafts pick away for a RB when they can sign a veteran in FA (Ivory, Forte, Lamar Miller, Doug Martin are all FAs). Yea Charles is the best but teams are going to be able to get FA RBs for pennies on the dollar next offseason.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-18-2015, 05:58 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

stevieray
11-18-2015, 05:59 PM

^

seclark
11-18-2015, 06:00 PM
detox nailed it.
sec

Iconic
11-18-2015, 06:01 PM
Lol you guys are totally over hyping Charcandrick

CoMoChief
11-18-2015, 06:03 PM
Knile Davis can be a good backup RB.

Why pay for Charles what you can do w/ West?

The more the Chiefs win without Charles the less valuable he becomes to this team. You don't think this team could use a draft pick to hmmm maybe trade up and draft a QB early in the draft. Use his contract money on something else...like OL, WR, ILB, CB ? This team can survive witout Charles if West continues to improve.

threebag
11-18-2015, 06:04 PM
I don't even think DeBerg would start a thread like this.

seclark
11-18-2015, 06:06 PM
ROFLI don't even think DeBerg would start a thread like this.

TimBone

/Thread

Rasputin
Hate me but I'd be putting TH DJ & JC on the trading block. Trade Alex Smith for a bag of dicks for all I care but really we need look into the draft and get us a quarterback and then build a team around his style of play. I love Tamba Hali & Derick Johnson and Jamaal Charles but I love to get a team that is built for a Super Bowl and each year they are on the downside so I just think we can replace them but not sure if other teams would give up anything better than a third for any of them. I'd almost just get feelers out there and get what we can get.

staylor26
11-18-2015, 06:07 PM
If Alex Smith is going to be our QB again next year the only shot we have at a SB is to have a top defense and running game.

Ragged Robin
west is good but nothing special, not warranting the hype train tbh

mcaj22
Hate me but I'd be putting TH DJ & JC on the trading block. Trade Alex Smith for a bag of dicks for all I care but really we need look into the draft and get us a quarterback and then build a team around his style of play. I love Tamba Hali & Derick Johnson and Jamaal Charles but I love to get a team that is built for a Super Bowl and each year they are on the downside so I just think we can replace them but not sure if other teams would give up anything better than a third for any of them. I'd almost just get feelers out there and get what we can get.

Two of those guys are FAs outright (Tamba and DJ), we will get nothing for them

Brock
11-18-2015, 06:08 PM

The more the Chiefs win without Charles the less valuable he becomes to this team. You don't think this team could use a draft pick to hmmm maybe trade up and draft a QB early in the draft. Use his contract money on something else...like OL, WR, ILB, CB ? This team can survive witout Charles if West continues to improve.

Because charles is 1,000,000 times more talented than Knile Davis or for that matter West?

notorious
11-18-2015, 06:10 PM
Running Backs don't win championships.

If someone offers a 1st and 3rd, you fucking take it.

Simply Red
so fast it'd make your head spin.

Rasputin
I just assume Jamaal Charles retire than come back for another season and blow out his legs yet again and in five years be wheelchair bound. Yes they are marveled at fixing sports injuries and medical advances but this is a yearly thing for him and long seasons do their toll.

Simply Red
11-18-2015, 06:11 PM
let's face it - dude is fragile.

Brock
11-18-2015, 06:13 PM

Based on what, 2 freak knee injuries?

Rasputin
11-18-2015, 06:14 PM
Two of those guys are FAs outright (Tamba and DJ), we will get nothing for them

Well too bad we couldn't have got something for them at the beginning of this season. Oh well I sure have enjoyed watching them play. It would be nice for them retire as Chiefs but it's a business and business is to win Super Bowls (well for some teams).

seclark
11-18-2015, 06:14 PM
I just assume Jamaal Charles retire than come back for another season and blow out his legs yet again and in five years be wheelchair bound. Yes they are marveled at fixing sports injuries and medical advances but this is a yearly thing for him and long seasons do their toll.

huh?
sec

Rasputin
11-18-2015, 06:17 PM
Based on what, 2 freak knee injuries?

Priest Holmes was a freak neck injury but do you think he should have come back?

Brock
11-18-2015, 06:18 PM
Priest Holmes was a freak neck injury but do you think he should have come back?

Wow

Rasputin
11-18-2015, 06:20 PM
huh?
sec

I should have said it's becoming a yearly thing with him. That better? But still he hasn't made it through a playoff game when we need him the most.

CoMoChief
11-18-2015, 06:20 PM
Because charles is 1,000,000 times more talented than Knile Davis or for that matter West?

Coming off of a knee injury? Again what if West continues to improve? If he's putting up similar numbers to Charles what's the difference in how it happens? Charles can hit the HR I understand that. But at the end of the day if West is racking up 175+ total yards and averages a score or 2 a game? Why pay more for Charles who COULD end up getting hurt again...he gets banged up a lot, when you can possibly get something for him, and use the money on other needs?

MotherfuckerJones
11-18-2015, 06:27 PM
If it helped get us a QBoTF? Absolutely. Love Jamaal he's been my favorite but we need a QB desperately.

The Franchise
11-18-2015, 06:31 PM
I should have said it's becoming a yearly thing with him. That better? But still he hasn't made it through a playoff game when we need him the most.

Ugghhh that was the NFL not letting him back in.....not him bitching out and quitting.

Eleazar
11-18-2015, 06:35 PM
If they were moving up for a QB who was worth the draft position where he'd be going, and that we weren't in position to get, I'd trade Charles for him if West doesn't improve.

Charles is a great, great back, but without a QB we'll never go anywhere, and Charles has maybe 2 or 3 productive years left, if he can stay injury-free.

Rasputin
11-18-2015, 06:37 PM
Ugghhh that was the NFL not letting him back in.....not him bitching out and quitting.

He is still damage goods now, I think he is the best running back I've ever witnessed and would love to watch him again, but I just assume he retire than see him in a wheel chair 5 years from now. That's pretty much all I'm saying. His best years are behind him every time he makes a cut in the grass or turf it's going be scary to watch.

Also if the NFL didn't let him back in then that's because he was hurt I don't doubt one bit he wanted come back in nor question his fortitude.

RunKC
11-18-2015, 06:42 PM
No.

But I would absolutely trade Knile Davis. He's the RB who has really become expendable.

If you could get a 3rd or 4th for him, or use him to trade up in the draft, do it.

ghak99
11-18-2015, 06:58 PM
If it allows them to move up in the first in order to get the QB of their choice, you damn right I would.

Charles is not going to win us a Super Bowl.

Prize Closet
11-18-2015, 07:02 PM
We wouldn't get dick for Charles. No reason to trade him

Prize Closet
11-18-2015, 07:03 PM
Might as well cut Davis after this year

mdchiefsfan
11-18-2015, 07:08 PM

The man has been the heart and soul of the Chiefs offense and had given us a team friendly contract, followed by a team friendly extension. He's never given KC any trouble, and has been a genuine professional. I think it's fair to say we can give him a shot to finish his career where he belongs. Get this shit out of here.

milkman
11-18-2015, 07:16 PM
If you could get in trade the same value that Charles has to this team, then yes, you make a trade.

You won't get that, so you don't.

Red Dawg
11-18-2015, 07:18 PM
No. JC is a KC legend and wants to be here. He will come back strong I believe.

Red Dawg
11-18-2015, 07:18 PM
Might as well cut Davis after this year

Probably will happen.

threebag
11-18-2015, 07:24 PM
The man has been the heart and soul of the Chiefs offense and had given us a team friendly contract, followed by a team friendly extension. He's never given KC any trouble, and has been a genuine professional. I think it's fair to say we can give him a shot to finish his career where he belongs. Get this shit out of here.

All of this

notorious
11-18-2015, 07:28 PM
If you could get in trade the same value that Charles has to this team, then yes, you make a trade.

You won't get that, so you don't.

TLO
11-18-2015, 07:34 PM
I can't imagine his trade value would be very high.

I hope he comes back strong. I don't want my last memory of JC to be him fumbling the game away against Denver.

Psyko Tek
11-18-2015, 07:46 PM
Hes probably worth more to the Chiefs than what he would bring in a trade.

after that injury, it wouldn't be worth anything higher than a 5th
see if he has anything left next year and keep,cut, or trade as necessary

splatbass
11-18-2015, 07:46 PM

So you want to trade proven Pro Bowl players for draft picks that may or may not work out? Brilliant!!! :facepalm:

DaFace
11-18-2015, 07:48 PM
If someone wanted to give up pretty good value for him, sure, why not? I like the guy, but his best days are probably behind him running on two repaired knees.

splatbass
11-18-2015, 07:52 PM

Dude has taken a beating and has been tough as hell. The two knee injuries could have happened to anyone, other than those he has played through many injuries. And has averaged over 5 yards per carry with some really crappy OLs.

stumppy
11-18-2015, 07:53 PM
If they were moving up for a QB who was worth the draft position where he'd be going, and that we weren't in position to get, I'd trade Charles for him if West doesn't improve.

Charles is a great, great back, but without a QB we'll never go anywhere, and Charles has maybe 2 or 3 productive years left, if he can stay injury-free.

I'd trade Charles to the North Koreans if it would get us a top ten QB.

milkman
11-18-2015, 07:53 PM
If someone wanted to give up pretty good value for him, sure, why not? I like the guy, but his best days are probably behind him running on two repaired knees.

I can tell you from my own personal experience that a repaired ACL is just as strong, if not stronger than the original for at least 10-12 years.

Charles bigger hurdle when he comes back will be age.

Mr. Laz
11-18-2015, 07:54 PM
Depends on how much you get in trade. I doubt someone team is going to give up much for a RB. Their market value has dropped.

Trade Charles for a 1st round draft pick? Absolutely.

I imagine there are few players on the team i wouldn't trade for a 1st round pick.

19now11
11-18-2015, 07:55 PM
Man you guys never cease to amaze me. In my opinion, JC is what was and will be wrong with our offense. All these screens need to stop. Andy feels the need to get JC the ball on 75% of plays, that is whats hurting our offense. You can see Alex is pissed when he gets the play calls. He does what hes told. Your blind hate towards Alex is fucking pitiful. Spread the fucking ball around, end of story. I've said it before. You guys bitch about drafting a QB all fucking year... yet you wanna pay billions on a RB. The fucking Chiefs are the only team in the NFL to still set up their whole offense around a RB. You are all behind the times. Alex Smith is the fucking answer. Keep west, get 1 more o-lineman and watch our offense go to the top of the league. Do any of you guys recall what our offense did in the playoffs v.s. the Colts? J.C. is a stud. Running backs are a dime a dozen.:bolt:

milkman
11-18-2015, 07:59 PM
Man you guys never cease to amaze me. In my opinion, JC is what was and will be wrong with our offense. All these screens need to stop. Andy feels the need to get JC the ball on 75% of plays, that is whats hurting our offense. You can see Alex is pissed when he gets the play calls. He does what hes told. Your blind hate towards Alex is ****ing pitiful. Spread the ****ing ball around, end of story. I've said it before. You guys bitch about drafting a QB all ****ing year... yet you wanna pay billions on a RB. The ****ing Chiefs are the only team in the NFL to still set up their whole offense around a RB. You are all behind the times. Alex Smith is the ****ing answer. Keep west, get 1 more o-lineman and watch our offense go to the top of the league. Do any of you guys recall what our offense did in the playoffs v.s. the Colts? J.C. is a stud. Running backs are a dime a dozen.:bolt:

You are far too stupid to waste keystrokes arguing the sheer stupidity of your post.

stumppy
11-18-2015, 08:00 PM
Man you guys never cease to amaze me. In my opinion, JC is what was and will be wrong with our offense. All these screens need to stop. Andy feels the need to get JC the ball on 75% of plays, that is whats hurting our offense. You can see Alex is pissed when he gets the play calls. He does what hes told. Your blind hate towards Alex is fucking pitiful. Spread the fucking ball around, end of story. I've said it before. You guys bitch about drafting a QB all fucking year... yet you wanna pay billions on a RB. The fucking Chiefs are the only team in the NFL to still set up their whole offense around a RB. You are all behind the times. Alex Smith is the fucking answer. Keep west, get 1 more o-lineman and watch our offense go to the top of the league. Do any of you guys recall what our offense did in the playoffs v.s. the Colts? J.C. is a stud. Running backs are a dime a dozen.:bolt:

You should take off those mancrush glasses you look at AS with.

splatbass
11-18-2015, 08:00 PM
Man you guys never cease to amaze me. In my opinion, JC is what was and will be wrong with our offense. All these screens need to stop. Andy feels the need to get JC the ball on 75% of plays, that is whats hurting our offense.

Andy's offense has always had a lot of screen passes, it has nothing to do with JC.

BossChief
11-18-2015, 08:03 PM
Early second would be the least I'd take.

Dudes a borderline HOF player and should still have 2-3 good years left.

19now11
11-18-2015, 08:05 PM
You are far too stupid to waste keystrokes arguing the sheer stupidity of your post.

no your the milk man. you have been an idiot your whole life. i get it red. i have seen good teams. keep tryen to build your team around jc. good luck on your qbotf. alex has all the tools to run a joe type wco. but your right... keep building around jc. its the right thing to do red.

19now11
11-18-2015, 08:07 PM
enjoy the ride. our offense flourishes without jc. alex is about to take all your guyses hate and shove it back up your asses. go chiefs.
:clap:

Mr. Laz
While i agree that Reid's play calling is part of the problem, you've taken it waaaaaaaaaay too far. Getting charles the ball is not the problem, it's having your entire offense game plan occur within 5 yards of the LOS. This makes our offense easier to defend than it should be.

Payton Manning is one of the best QBs in the history of the NFL. Look what happen when he couldn't stretch defenses vertically. Denver's offense looked a lot like ours. Our CB started sitting on all their routes because they didn't fear the depth threat. That kept all the defenders close to the LoS to to stop the run, to blitz to shut down almost everything. Manning couldn't tell who was blitzing like he normally does because everyone was close enough to blitz and he couldn't do anything about it anyway.

Our deep passing game is shit so defenses we play against don't fear anything. The crowd the LoS and do whatever they want. It makes harder on the Oline, harder on the QB to make reads. Screen plays are almost dead before they start because you have 10 guys within 7 yards of everything.

:#

Perineum Ripper

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/d5/e8/11/d5e811171703ec061566cc7300fa09e9.gif

milkman
11-18-2015, 08:09 PM
I hope this idiot and Chiefsshrink never interact.

That would be an IQ black hole that we could never survive.

Baby Lee
11-18-2015, 08:10 PM
Only way I'd trade Jamaal is if we unearth a suitor with a titanium hardon for him. I'm talking 'wear a wedding dress on the cover of Sports Illustrated' tumescence.

MotherfuckerJones
11-18-2015, 08:19 PM
I hope this idiot and Chiefsshrink never interact.

That would be an IQ black hole that we could never survive.

Fucking fallout 4 reenactment

FringeNC
11-18-2015, 08:24 PM
There was a thread about trading Brandon Flowers a few years ago. Some posters were arguing a 1st round pick wasn't enough. Flowers was CUT.

Charles is not Flowers, and is a HOF talent, but suppose we finish the season 10-6, and the offense plays well. That tells you the value-added of a HOF talent at RB over a league average RB. Charles is the best running back in the league, but it just doesn't matter that much.

notorious
11-18-2015, 08:27 PM
Offense has been better since Jamaal got hurt.

Perhaps the reason is due to not playing against an amazing defense every week.

Vietnam58
11-18-2015, 08:40 PM
Charles is the best running back in the league, but it just doesn't matter that much.

the best running back in the league??

He cost his team a huge game with 2 fumbles and is out for the year with yet another injury. .

hes a remarkable talent but hes not the best in the league. . not even based on pure talent. .

AP is the best RB in the league

DaFace
11-18-2015, 08:42 PM
I think it's incredibly unlikely JC ends up being a HOFer, personally. He has a great YPC to be sure, but his actual total yards figures are pretty pedestrian.

19now11
11-18-2015, 08:44 PM
yup. and the offense starts to flourish. gland i aint the only one to see it happen over and over...:shake:

NJChiefsFan
11-18-2015, 08:45 PM
Do any of you guys recall what our offense did in the playoffs v.s. the Colts? J.C. is a stud. Running backs are a dime a dozen.:bolt:

??

no your the milk man. you have been an idiot your whole life. i get it red. i have seen good teams. keep tryen to build your team around jc. good luck on your qbotf. alex has all the tools to run a joe type wco. but your right... keep building around jc. its the right thing to do red.

enjoy the ride. our offense flourishes without jc. alex is about to take all your guyses hate and shove it back up your asses. go chiefs.
:clap:

I know people actually say 'guyses', but is it humanly possible to mean to type it out that way. For my peace of mind, I'm going to assume you are trolling with that.

19now11
11-18-2015, 08:46 PM
sounded good when i typed it.....

CoMoChief
11-18-2015, 08:47 PM

And this is exactly what I was talking about in a previous post. It's hard for someone to let go of a good player, even more so a good person. The NFL unfortunately is a business. Great players come and they go. If this team can possibly win out and can prove that it can win without him, Charles then becomes expendable, and becomes great trade bait. This teams have holes elsewhere and have contracts to extend.

NJChiefsFan
11-18-2015, 08:51 PM
So you want to trade proven Pro Bowl players for draft picks that may or may not work out? Brilliant!!! :facepalm:

Whether you agree with the trade or not, you are smart enough to know that in this scenario the argument is that the compensation plus having West and Davis makes it worth it. Not just trading Charles, leave the shelves bare at RB, and take a pick.

To me there certainly is a price that I would trade basically any RB with how the game goes now. Compared to other positions, they are just easier to replace, and deep in the draft on top of that. The Chiefs in general have had fantastic luck finding RB's for a long time. I love Charles, but there certainly is a price where I would trade him.

We have had stud RB's for a while and it's yielded zero results. I know it's not that simple, but in today's NFL investing heavy in a RB isn't the smartest thing to do. The Chiefs were smart enough to get Charles on a fair deal, but he isn't off limits IMHO.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-18-2015, 08:55 PM

Voice of reason.

This team needs another 2nd round pick. We found Charles as a 3rd rounder and got plenty years of service out of him. The people here who have emotional attachment to players clearly have been wrong year after year on this board. Remember all the people defending Dwayne Bowe? Where have they gone? Committing 9 mil/ year to Charles to be a split carry back is out of our price range. Either he does the Tamba Hali deal or he packs his bag.

milkman
11-18-2015, 08:59 PM
Let me be clear here.

I don't think Charles is untouchable, and building an offense around a RB is not the ideal way to build.

The main point I am making here is that 19and11 is an idiot.

Alex Smith is a limited QB who lacks both the tangibles and intangibles to lead this team to a championship.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-18-2015, 09:01 PM
I can tell you from my own personal experience that a repaired ACL is just as strong, if not stronger than the original for at least 10-12 years.

Charles bigger hurdle when he comes back will be age.

I want to know what kind of cocaine you are on.

Baby Lee
11-18-2015, 09:03 PM
yup. and the offense starts to flourish. gland i aint the only one to see it happen over and over...:shake:

I got your gland right here!

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-18-2015, 09:07 PM

West at his production level (and about to play a bunch of crap level talent) is going to pull 5+ million dollar/year contracts after this season. If we ride our commitment of 9+ million to Charles....how do you explain to your team you have 33% of your salary cap committed to RB, QB, and OLB but have to field 22 starters...

Time to wake up CP .

SDChiefs
11-18-2015, 09:08 PM
No. Jamaal has earned the right and the people of KC have earned the right for him to retire a Chief. On and off the field he is one of the greatest in Chiefs history.

jspchief
11-18-2015, 09:10 PM
Lol you guys are totally over hyping Charcandrick
^

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-18-2015, 09:11 PM
No. Jamaal has earned the right and the people of KC have earned the right for him to retire a Chief. On and off the field he is one of the greatest in Chiefs history.

Thus he takes a pay cut like Tamba or GTFO

jspchief
11-18-2015, 09:14 PM
This place cracks me up. People thought we could get Joe Thomas for a 3rd and we'll get a first for Charles.

Crack is bad, yo

Eleazar
11-18-2015, 09:20 PM
This place cracks me up. People thought we could get Joe Thomas for a 3rd and we'll get a first for Charles.

Crack is bad, yo

I read someplace else that we should get a third for Knile Davis.

milkman
11-18-2015, 09:21 PM
I want to know what kind of cocaine you are on.

If I did drugs, I could still never sink to your level of dipshitery.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-18-2015, 09:22 PM

I'm convinced you are a mirror image of that clown that got banned from this site. What was his name again?

SDChiefs
11-18-2015, 09:23 PM
Thus he takes a pay cut like Tamba or GTFO

Charles has already been team friendly. Most thought he would get far more money than he did. But its nice to know that there are douches like you who take a class act player and person and treat them that like fucking racehorse and want to put them down when they cant win anymore races. There is 0 indication that Charles is going to ask for 15MM per when his contract is up. And there is 0 indication that he will go somewhere else for a big payday. Like Tamba, he wants to be here and will retire here.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-18-2015, 09:26 PM
Charles has already been team friendly. Most thought he would get far more money than he did. But its nice to know that there are douches like you who take a class act player and person and treat them that like ****ing racehorse and want to put them down when they cant win anymore races. There is 0 indication that Charles is going to ask for 15MM per when his contract is up. And there is 0 indication that he will go somewhere else for a big payday. Like Tamba, he wants to be here and will retire here.

I'll make this very clear, there is only one person who is priced in a different ballpark than Jamaal Charles at this time. I think you and everyone on this forum knows who that is. Jamaal Charles got his fair share of money at a elite level contract. The NFL is a business. IF you want to pay high end money for a guy on questionable knees, then you have this game completely backwards.

splatbass
11-18-2015, 09:29 PM
Whether you agree with the trade or not, you are smart enough to know that in this scenario the argument is that the compensation plus having West and Davis makes it worth it. Not just trading Charles, leave the shelves bare at RB, and take a pick.

To me there certainly is a price that I would trade basically any RB with how the game goes now. Compared to other positions, they are just easier to replace, and deep in the draft on top of that. The Chiefs in general have had fantastic luck finding RB's for a long time. I love Charles, but there certainly is a price where I would trade him.

We have had stud RB's for a while and it's yielded zero results. I know it's not that simple, but in today's NFL investing heavy in a RB isn't the smartest thing to do. The Chiefs were smart enough to get Charles on a fair deal, but he isn't off limits IMHO.

Go back and read the post I was replying to. He wanted to trade three Pro Bowlers on D to get picks to draft a QB. It wasn't about JC.

MotherfuckerJones
11-18-2015, 09:37 PM

ROFL because that's what a cocaine person would come up with right? Lol he's an idiot

DaFace
11-18-2015, 09:43 PM
I'm convinced you are a mirror image of that clown that got banned from this site. What was his name again?

This is a ludicrous statement.

19now11
11-18-2015, 11:46 PM
Let me be clear here.

I don't think Charles is untouchable, and building an offense around a RB is not the ideal way to build.

The main point I am making here is that 19and11 is an idiot.

Alex Smith is a limited QB who lacks both the tangibles and intangibles to lead this team to a championship.

he runs the wco offense well. like i said. 1 more fatty and u may change your tune on alice.

penbrook
11-18-2015, 11:54 PM
Per SiriusXM

.@chiefs RB @Charcandrick26 says Jamaal Charles has been like a big brother to him, put him up in his house over the summer during workouts

MotherfuckerJones
11-19-2015, 12:26 AM
Jamaal's the best in every facet. Such a good dude. Come back strong!

ThaVirus
11-19-2015, 12:47 AM
Per SiriusXM

.@chiefs RB @Charcandrick26 says Jamaal Charles has been like a big brother to him, put him up in his house over the summer during workouts

I meant to post this earlier but totally forgot. Thanks for reminding me.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/18/9c55efe8801643269116d2dc0df8ab2d.jpg

Vietnam58
11-19-2015, 02:04 AM
I meant to post this earlier but totally forgot. Thanks for reminding me.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/18/9c55efe8801643269116d2dc0df8ab2d.jpg

Charles has that "im gonna rape u" look on his face.. Chefs

TEX
11-19-2015, 02:10 AM
No - I KEEP them both.

BigMeatballDave
11-19-2015, 04:13 AM

Thread over. :)

chiefzilla1501
11-19-2015, 08:31 AM
I don't want to trade jamaal. But the biggest issue I have with him has nothing to do with him. Andy gets dumber and Alex smith's flaws become magnified when jamaal starts. That won't change. The best we can hope for is a qb who actually knows how to take advantage of a defense that puts eight in a box.

BWillie
11-19-2015, 09:09 AM
We probably shouldn't have even paid Jamaal more money when we didn't have to. We also shouldn't have re-upped Alex Smith and should have made him play out his contract. But we do alot of things that don't make sense.

Jamaal is a great player, but he has very little shelf life left if any. Trading him at this point wouldn't really be a mistake if you can get the right players back. He still has lots of value, even with two blown ACLs. He still has a pretty team friendly contract but that value is going to start dwindling exponentially. So, you need to pick the right time to unload him before it's too late. When that is, I don't know, but it could be sooner than we want or think.

O.city
11-19-2015, 09:13 AM
Charles isn't just a power back thats going to get ground down. Even if he comes back at 80 percent of what he was, you can use him in a role of DAT and get him in space. These days, with ACL's, theres no reason to think he won't come back basically the same as he was.

So unless someone offers me a 2nd rounder plus or better, no. Even then, I don't think you trade him.

Use him in the Westbrook role the next few years. Problem solved.

loochy
11-19-2015, 09:19 AM

Holy crap! You are incredibly retarded! Or should I say "your incredibly retarded"?

TEX
11-19-2015, 09:58 AM
Holy crap! You are incredibly retarded! Or should I say "your incredibly retarded"?

LMAO - Send him into a tail spin with "You're." ;)

Rausch
11-19-2015, 10:53 AM
Charles has that "im gonna rape u" look on his face.. Chefs

He's special needs - he always looks like that.

And fuck no on trading him...

FloridaMan88
11-19-2015, 10:55 AM
Unless the Chiefs can get a first round draft pick in return, I wouldn't trade Charles, but when he returns next season, Andy Reid (or hopefully the Chiefs new playcaller on offense) needs to re-design the offense so it is less dependent on Charles.

Rausch
11-19-2015, 11:08 AM
Man you guys never cease to amaze me. In my opinion, JC is what was and will be wrong with our offense. All these screens need to stop. Andy feels the need to get JC the ball on 75% of plays, that is whats hurting our offense. You can see Alex is pissed when he gets the play calls. He does what hes told. Your blind hate towards Alex is ****ing pitiful. Spread the ****ing ball around, end of story. I've said it before. You guys bitch about drafting a QB all ****ing year... yet you wanna pay billions on a RB. The ****ing Chiefs are the only team in the NFL to still set up their whole offense around a RB. You are all behind the times. Alex Smith is the ****ing answer. Keep west, get 1 more o-lineman and watch our offense go to the top of the league. Do any of you guys recall what our offense did in the playoffs v.s. the Colts? J.C. is a stud. Running backs are a dime a dozen.:bolt:

http://33.media.tumblr.com/ef88d152e5102048a538f2cc237cc19e/tumblr_mkqimsIvr61ruw1vso1_500.gif

http://arsenalfordemocracy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/major-kong-riding-the-bomb.gif

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/1751844/nuclear-bomb-o.gif

cosmo20002
11-19-2015, 11:41 AM
People aren't going to like or agree with said notion, but let's be honest...Charles gets beat up a lot and he's a smaller guy...it's a position that takes a lot of beating. This is his 2nd major knee injury, is it really worth it to keep paying this guy top dollar considering the Chiefs really haven't skipped a beat on offense?

Part 126 in a continuing series... Hey, I got a great idea...You know our guy who stinks/or is old/or is injured and old/or will be coming off a 2nd major injury...let's trade him! Everyone will only remember that he was great and won't realize the bad thing and we'll clean up! :drool:

Predarat
11-19-2015, 11:46 AM
Only for a damn near guaranteed franchise QB but I don't think anyone would do that.

CoMoChief
11-19-2015, 11:48 AM
Part 126 in a continuing series... Hey, I got a great idea...You know our guy who stinks/or is old/or is injured and old/or will be coming off a 2nd major injury...let's trade him! Everyone will only remember that he was great and won't realize the bad thing and we'll clean up! :drool:

So you're saying that even if the Chiefs wanted to...they can't trade Jamaal Charles because other teams won't bite? That's ridiculous. JC is worth at least a 3rd rd pick, probably worth a 2nd.

The Franchise
11-19-2015, 11:52 AM
So you're saying that even if the Chiefs wanted to...they can't trade Jamaal Charles because other teams won't bite? That's ridiculous. JC is worth at least a 3rd rd pick, probably worth a 2nd.

Not for a RB who's almost 30 and is now recovering from his second torn ACL.

Rausch
11-19-2015, 11:52 AM

Charles, after his miles, gets a 3rd...

Brock
11-19-2015, 02:34 PM
The eagles got a brittle linebacker for shady mccoy

Lex Luthor
11-19-2015, 03:40 PM
Running Backs don't win championships.

If someone offers a 1st and 3rd, you ****ing take it.
Nobody is going to offer a 1st and a 3rd for a 29 year old running back who is coming back from a second blown ACL.

That's why this thread is retarded. I say we trade we trade JC for John Elway and get that franchise QB we've always wanted. Age means nothing, right?

penguinz
11-19-2015, 06:06 PM
When you see threads like this it makes you think that this team has to have one of the lowest IQ fan bases.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-19-2015, 07:44 PM
When you see threads like this it makes you think that this team has to have one of the lowest IQ fan bases.

It's actually a valid question as the 9 million contract JC was expecting next year is neither guaranteed nor the value he is currently believed to be at with his new injury.

You realize the Bengals have both Bernard and Hill at 30% of the price of what Jamaal is getting paid for just this season? Quality RB's can be found all over the place. Our money is better spent on our defense and if West agrees to 4.5 mil/ year, then you tell charles to take the equivalent and be a split carry back. Otherwise, he can get outta here

NJChiefsFan
11-19-2015, 07:54 PM
Go back and read the post I was replying to. He wanted to trade three Pro Bowlers on D to get picks to draft a QB. It wasn't about JC.

Gotcha. I will admit I only skimmed through the post you were responding too.

cosmo20002
11-19-2015, 08:42 PM

I'd say currently he is worth nothing. IF--IF he comes back and looks great then maybe he is worth a late-round pick to someone.
No one is going to invest much in a 30-yr-old RB.
Throw in that he's now had TWO torn ACL injuries, and why would anyone give much for him?

MotherfuckerJones
11-19-2015, 08:51 PM
We're probably in the situation where he's more valuable to us than any other team.

big nasty kcnut
11-19-2015, 09:01 PM
i rather trade kniles davis for darren sproles.

jspchief
11-19-2015, 09:36 PM
I like the "RBs are easy to find" narrative.

Half the teams in the league need a RB, but the Chiefs can afford to trade Charles for a 3rd rnd pick because we got a guy that's had 2 good games.

Chiefaholic
11-19-2015, 09:43 PM
Keeping Charles and West as a VERY solid 1-2 punch would be my personal preference. However, West is a FA after this season, and Davis has one year left with a $826K salary. Cutting or trading Knile would save us $700K against the cap. I think the writing is pretty much on the wall with KD as a healthy scratch last week.

ThaVirus
11-19-2015, 10:44 PM
I like the "RBs are easy to find" narrative.

Half the teams in the league need a RB, but the Chiefs can afford to trade Charles for a 3rd rnd pick because we got a guy that's had 2 good games.

It's CP's nature.

This time last year many believed Knile Davis could have started for a majority of NFL teams.

WeathermanKumke
11-19-2015, 11:13 PM
Cut Davis. Sign Sproles

splatbass
11-19-2015, 11:29 PM

What could we get with a 2nd or 3rd round pick that would be as good as JC?

ILChief
11-20-2015, 06:48 AM
I don't know why this is, but Reid calls better games when Charles doesn't play. Charles is our best offensive player, but our offense plays better without him.

RunKC
11-20-2015, 07:13 AM
I don't know why this is, but Reid calls better games when Charles doesn't play. Charles is our best offensive player, but our offense plays better without him.

Andy and Alex rely on him too much.

Simply Red
11-20-2015, 08:26 AM
Abilene Christian’s Charcandrick West Ran a Blazing 4.27 Forty Yard Dash

http://rotoviz.com/2014/04/abilene-christians-charcandrick-west-ran-a-blazing-4-27-forty-yard-dash/

Simply Red
11-20-2015, 08:27 AM
I did not know that.

ThaVirus
11-20-2015, 09:35 AM

It is quite frustrating.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-22-2015, 07:34 PM
I'd offer West 3 years $12 mil right now

tredadda
11-22-2015, 07:37 PM
11 Carries for 16 yards. I think we should avoid the trade Charles talk for now.

ThaVirus
11-22-2015, 07:49 PM
Would you trade West if Ware continues to improve?

MahiMike
11-22-2015, 07:52 PM
Hell yes. Then again I favored trading tony G. as well.

notorious
11-22-2015, 07:53 PM
This team is balanced without him.

If our coach and QB would stop using him as a crutch the team would be better with Jamaal.

New World Order
11-22-2015, 08:06 PM
Man, Ware looked great. He's fast, strong and can see running lanes.

Definitely start him over West.

xztop123
11-22-2015, 08:06 PM
obviously charles is expendable(if we keep winning and/or win out). on top of that his contract is big West is likely a better pass blocker and pass catcher than JC.

There is no such thing as "a better running back" or "a worse running back" they are elite athletes with their own skill sets.

If we keep winning then the guys skillset that we have now is better suited for the team

ThaVirus
11-22-2015, 08:07 PM
I'd offer West 3 years $12 mil right now

Horrible idea.

ThaVirus
11-22-2015, 08:08 PM
obviously charles is expendable(if we keep winning and/or win out). on top of that his contract is big West is likely a better pass blocker and pass catcher than JC.

There is no such thing as "a better running back" or "a worse running back" they are elite athletes with their own skill sets.

If we keep winning then the guys skillset that we have now is better suited for the team

Horrible post.

salame
11-22-2015, 08:09 PM
yes yes yes
trade him

milkman
11-22-2015, 08:10 PM
Horrible post.

You could copy this, follow him around, and paste as your response to his every post.

DaneMcCloud
11-22-2015, 08:14 PM
The irony is that the Packers have been looking for solid running backs for more than a decade, yet Dorsey has almost an embarrassment of riches at the position in KC.

ILChief
11-22-2015, 08:31 PM
West and ware is a nice combo

Bambi
11-22-2015, 08:34 PM
West isn't strong enough to be a full time back in the league.

Sorry but someone has to say it.

ThaVirus
11-22-2015, 08:36 PM
West isn't strong enough to be a full time back in the league.

Sorry but someone has to say it.

Someone probably said this about Jamaal circa 2008.