PDA

View Full Version : Football Happy Thanksgiving! Here's a football thread.

Direckshun
11-26-2015, 03:58 AM
Maybe it's because the Chiefs are good all of a sudden now, and I always intrinsically compare the talent level of the NFL to the Chiefs, but it sure seems like the NFL has shrunk some this year, due in part to a litany of injuries, and also in part to the fact that there are fewer and fewer "game breaking" QBs in a league that has given those QBs every advantage.

I mean, here are the teams I feel could beat the Chiefs 6/10 times (at least) on a neutral field:

Patriots
Bengals
Packers
Cardinals
Panthers

Here are the teams I feel could beat the Chiefs, at best, 50% of the time on a neutral field:

Vikings
Broncos
Steelers
Seahawks
Falcons

That's weird, right? That a team led by Alex Smith could be a legit Top 10 team in the NFL? The Chiefs are far from a complete team -- they've got a limited QB, they've lost their best player for the season, they've got 1 proven receiver, an OL held together by hope alone, and they only really have two CBs on the roster worth a damn.

Yet, boom.

I mean, look at the teams fighting with the Chiefs right now for that WC slot:

Texans
Bills
Jets

All built similarly to us, are they not? Really good defenses paired with inept offenses led by inexperienced or incompetent quarterbacks.

Maybe I'm full of it. Maybe the NFL simply looks like this when you're a legit Top 10 team like the Chiefs are right now. I simply wouldn't know.

Is the NFL worse, talent-wise, this year?

Buehler445
11-26-2015, 05:51 AM
There are a couple of things at work here.

First the NFL is worse QB wise this year. As we've seen too much here in KC that if you have a shitty QB the rest of the offensive talent can't do fuckall. Manning is done. Big Rape and Romo are/were hurt. Rivers and Brees are on teams that can't win a game. Flacco and Luck regressed significantly, at least in part due to a line. So a slight change in QBs has a huge effect on teams that are competitive. So 7/32 teams that aren't getting effective QB play or are wasting it on shit teams. 7/32 is 22%. And really only one of those guys is conclusively done (I say that and manning will come back from injury and fuck our faces in the playoffs. Again). Either way the volatility is a product of a system that relies so heavily on a single dude with little margin for error. It's amazing how much offensive talent seems to go out the door when you go from Romo to Casshole. So it's hard to get a good judge on offensive talent.

The second thing is there is a lot of volatility right now. Houston looks like a damn joke against us and then beats the Bengals? Us looking at 1-5 like we can't beat anyone but the AFC south then dominate fuckers like the Lions Donk and Chargers? WTF changed? The best player on the roster got hurt? WTF? I think it goes back to being on the border line with a decent team and a substandard QB. Squeeze a little effectiveness out of your meat sack and beat on fuckers. If not, prepare thy anus.

I think there is a lot of defensive talent about. There are several Ds in the league that you can look at and can stop dudes for most of a game.

In no order
Donk
Chiefs
Bengals
Panthers
Jets
Bills

That's a lot of teams. A couple years ago it was what? Seattle? But we all know d can't consistently win games unless it's got a solid pass rush and absolute ball hawks.

Direckshun
11-26-2015, 06:37 AM
That reminds me of another thing. There's like five offensive lines in the league that are really good. Maybe.

The rest of the league has various levels of bad at OL, including Kansas City.

TLO
11-26-2015, 07:08 AM
FUCK YOU!

Oh, wait.... happy thanksgiving! PBJ

Why Not?
11-26-2015, 08:08 AM
That reminds me of another thing. There's like five offensive lines in the league that are really good. Maybe.

The rest of the league has various levels of bad at OL, including Kansas City.

Yep. The Mickey Mouse offense being run at the collegiate level is leaving the NFL short of it's two most important ingredients. QB's and OL. I don't foresee this getting better any time soon. Thankfully, for the NFL, gambling and fantasy football(both of which I partake in weekly), has it to where no one really gives a fuck.

ntexascardfan
11-26-2015, 10:05 AM
The way the Packers have looked the past few weeks I think they'd be a coin flip.

ptlyon
11-26-2015, 10:08 AM
**** YOU!

This everybody

DaNewGuy
11-26-2015, 10:36 AM
**** YOU!

Oh, wait.... happy thanksgiving!

PBJ PBJ

Dylan
11-26-2015, 11:39 AM
I'm watching "Taco Truck" on FOX

Happy Thanksgiving!

Dylan
11-26-2015, 11:40 AM
Sproles stuffed!

Edit: FG No Good

Simply Red
11-26-2015, 12:08 PM
Fuck you!

TribalElder
11-26-2015, 12:12 PM
Iggles are a dumpster fire from philly

TLO
11-26-2015, 12:15 PM
PBJ PBJ

PBJ PBJ PBJ

Simply Red
11-26-2015, 12:19 PM
Going to miss the Bills game :(

Dylan
11-26-2015, 12:32 PM
Iggles are a dumpster fire from philly

Wow, they are a shit show - that's for sure :D

Tate shredded their defense

Dylan
11-26-2015, 12:42 PM
Going to miss the Bills game :(

Chiefs are going to win - Your team has an amazing defense - love the zone blitzing. Excellent front seven.

I can see the Chiefs winning at least 11 games this season.

Simply Red
11-26-2015, 12:44 PM
Chiefs are going to win - Your team has an amazing defense - love the zone blitzing. Excellent front seven.

I hope so dear.

Rasputin
11-26-2015, 01:03 PM
I've been watching my son kick ass on Madden he has destroyed Raiders and Broncos and demolished the Chargers. Returned a Brock INT 99 yards for a TD with Eric Berry and smashed Philip Rivers with Justin Houston best sack I've ever seen on Madden.

Detroit should be banned from Thanksgiving day games 4ever fuck them I no curr if tradition.

Dylan
11-26-2015, 01:03 PM
Beautiful pass by Stafford - great catch by Johnson

TD Lions

24/7 Lions

Hydrae
11-26-2015, 11:06 PM

5-5 with 6 games left. 11 wins is the most they can get this season (post season games do not count in this case).

:p

Rain Man
11-26-2015, 11:23 PM
5-5 with 6 games left. 11 wins is the most they can get this season (post season games do not count in this case).

:p

She's probably including the playoffs.

Direckshun
11-27-2015, 12:34 AM
At this point, I see the Chiefs ending up with the 5 seed.

There are too many paths for them, now, to make the playoffs, and all they need to do is tie Pitt for the 5th seed.

If that's the case, we're visiting either the Colts or the Texans, and the Chiefs are clearly better than both. Assuming we take care of business there, we either go to New England or (likely) Cincinnati.

I think the Chiefs can take either team, but it will be an uphill battle. At this point, it would not surprise me to see the Chiefs in the AFCCG.

Toby Waller
11-27-2015, 01:02 AM
At this point, I see the Chiefs ending up with the 5 seed.

There are too many paths for them, now, to make the playoffs, and all they need to do is tie Pitt for the 5th seed.

If that's the case, we're visiting either the Colts or the Texans, and the Chiefs are clearly better than both. Assuming we take care of business there, we either go to New England or (likely) Cincinnati.

I think the Chiefs can take either team, but it will be an uphill battle. At this point, it would not surprise me to see the Chiefs in the AFCCG.

if they lose to Buffalo, there wont be too many paths. Pitt is taking that other path

Direckshun
11-27-2015, 01:14 AM
Our remaining schedule AFTER a hypothetical Buffalo loss is still easier than Buffalo's.

Keep in mind that if EJ Manuel has to take over at any point, their season effectively ends.

Hammock Parties
11-27-2015, 01:27 AM
I'm thankful for Direckshun's midseason delusional echo chamber.

New World Order
11-27-2015, 01:54 AM
Our remaining schedule AFTER a hypothetical Buffalo loss is still easier than Buffalo's.

Keep in mind that if EJ Manuel has to take over at any point, their season effectively ends.

If they lose to Buffalo they won't go to the playoffs.

Passepartout
11-27-2015, 02:00 AM
Just need to win! As really the Chiefs are on a roll!

TimeForWasp
11-27-2015, 02:09 AM
**** YOU!

You are bananas

Direckshun
11-27-2015, 02:27 AM
If they lose to Buffalo they won't go to the playoffs.

Why not?

They're not mathematically eliminated. Their remaining schedule is easier. And if Manuel has to take over at any time, we easily overtake them.

New World Order
11-27-2015, 03:02 AM
Why not?

They're not mathematically eliminated. Their remaining schedule is easier. And if Manuel has to take over at any time, we easily overtake them.

1. We wouldn't control our own destiny.

2. Even if the Chiefs beat Buffalo we will most likely have an even record. Their schedule is weak.

We MUST beat Buffalo.