PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Watkins

DaFace
11-29-2015, 04:14 PM
What did we do in the 2nd half to stop that guy? I know that we probably slid some safety help over quite a bit, but it's like the Bills just stopped throwing to the guy.

Props to the defense for adjusting, regardless, especially without Houston to contribute on the pass rush.

MotherfuckerJones
11-29-2015, 04:15 PM
Nothing. They had one target his way. He would've went over 200 had they stayed with him.

O.city
Sean Smith pulled his head out of his ass and Taylor went full taylor.

Saccopoo
Sean Smith pulled his head out of his ass and Taylor went full taylor.

/thread

cdcox
11-29-2015, 04:16 PM
They showed some footage during the 2nd half showing Smith running with him and Gannon said they were sending safety help.

Mr. Laz
11-29-2015, 04:16 PM
Nothing. They had one target his way. He would've went over 200 had they stayed with him.

This, i don't think we did anything.

I think Buffalo just stopped throwing it up for grabs to him.

O.city
11-29-2015, 04:17 PM
It was concerning that Berry was a step or two late in the first half. Should have atleast knocked a few of those down.

MotherfuckerJones
11-29-2015, 04:17 PM
They showed some footage during the 2nd half showing Smith running with him and Gannon said they were sending safety help.

They had safety help early but Berry fucked it up on one of the TDs.

WhawhaWhat
11-29-2015, 04:18 PM

and his one target was a crossing pattern that Taylor overthrew. Sean Smith had him on lockdown in the second half. I wonder if he changed cleats or something.

Mr. Laz

We sent safety help all game long. Our safeties just never really helped.

Berry needs to be in the box.

Rausch
They had safety help early but Berry ****ed it up on one of the TDs.

No change as far as I can tell.

We just played better...

scho63
11-29-2015, 04:19 PM
in the first half, it really looked like Smith was afraid he was going to slip and fall most of the time and gave him a lot of room and also got so turnaround on that one touchdown.

In the second he tightened up on him and chased him all over the field. There was no cushion

KCrockaholic
11-29-2015, 04:19 PM
Safety help, and time of possession. The Chiefs controlled the ball in the second half.

Rain Man
11-29-2015, 04:20 PM

Yeah, that was odd issue. Berry was trying to help in the first half and it wasn't working.

I seemed to see Tyvon Branch more in the second half. Maybe that's just a coincidence, but I wondered if they switched something up. However, it really seemed more like Smith just stepped up his game.

The funny thing to me is that Watkins ran wild the first half, but Maclin actually ended up outgaining him. But we don't hear about how Maclin was torching Bills left and right.

Saccopoo
11-29-2015, 04:20 PM

Berry was helping Smith in the first half.

Both decided to go back and relive their Pop Warner football days and didn't realize what a football actually looked like when it was in the air. Both took bad angles and never turned for the ball.

Second half and both suddenly were Berry and Smith circa 2015 again. Smith had his head on a swivel in the second half and was up in Watkin's jersey for the rest of the game.

As well, they tried getting the ball to McCoy more in the second half which took out the air out from under the ball on the sideline plays.

NJChiefsFan
11-29-2015, 04:21 PM

Berry was five steps late on like 4 plays in the first half. Berry was pretty pissed at himself after the TD. I would assume that between his own self-assessment and the coaches, that he closed the gap in the 2nd half. Smith was there on most of the throws, he just wasn't playing the ball. Had no confidence in the 1st half.

MotherfuckerJones
11-29-2015, 04:23 PM
Berry was five steps late on like 4 plays in the first half. Berry was pretty pissed at himself after the TD. I would assume that between his own self-assessment and the coaches, that he closed the gap in the 2nd half. Smith was there on most of the throws, he just wasn't playing the ball. Had no confidence in the 1st half.

Agreed.
Like someone said here, looked like Smith was afraid of slipping. He was running hesitant

ThaVirus
11-29-2015, 04:24 PM
Berry had an off game in coverage although he was his usual self making open-field tackles.

I don't think it's a trend or too much worthy of mention. Watkins is really fucking good and Smith and Berry both sucked balls in the first half.

They corrected the issue in the 2nd half.

NJChiefsFan
11-29-2015, 04:31 PM
Agreed.
Like someone said here, looked like Smith was afraid of slipping. He was running hesitant

Can't stand when DB's don't play the ball. Would lead to not only less flags but more picks.

BigMeatballDave
11-29-2015, 04:34 PM
It was nice to see him pull his head out of his ass for the 2nd half.

-King-
11-29-2015, 04:34 PM
Berry had an off game in coverage although he was his usual self making open-field tackles.

I don't think it's a trend or too much worthy of mention. Watkins is really fucking good and Smith and Berry both sucked balls in the first half.

They corrected the issue in the 2nd half.

Watkins is a below average #1 receiver.

I was at the game and it seemed like Sean was always close but for some reason couldn't play the ball well. Maybe it was the cleats and he couldn't get good footing in the first half. But after halftime, Bills passing offense was done. Torched us for 230+ yards in the first half, and only got about 50 in the 2nd half. Whatever we did, it worked out very well. Still wish we would have sent more blitzes though.

MotherfuckerJones
11-29-2015, 04:39 PM
Can't stand when DB's don't play the ball. Would lead to not only less flags but more picks.

Ya it's a big pet peeve but I think he was just afraid of slipping then getting torched got into his head a little. Bounced back fine. He's a good corner. Sometimes corners have their moments.

MotherfuckerJones
11-29-2015, 04:40 PM
Watkins is a below average #1 receiver.

I was at the game and it seemed like Sean was always close but for some reason couldn't play the ball well. Maybe it was the cleats and he couldn't get good footing in the first half. But after halftime, Bills passing offense was done. Torched us for 230+ yards in the first half, and only got about 50 in the 2nd half. Whatever we did, it worked out very well. Still wish we would have sent more blitzes though.

Watkins is a beast. He is a number one. He's not below average there

cdcox
11-29-2015, 04:40 PM
Yeah, I realize Berry was coming over (late) in the first half. What I think Gannon meant was that they had a safety rotating that direction to discourage Taylor from even looking to Watkins.

rabblerouser
11-29-2015, 04:42 PM
in the first half, it really looked like Smith was afraid he was going to slip and fall most of the time and gave him a lot of room and also got so turnaround on that one touchdown.

In the second he tightened up on him and chased him all over the field. There was no cushion

This

-King-
11-29-2015, 04:45 PM
Watkins is a beast. He is a number one. He's not below average there

He has 500 yards on the year. Those aren't numbers you want from a #1. As of right now he's about the 70th best WR in the league in terms of production.

petegz28
11-29-2015, 04:55 PM
According to Reid, Smith just started being more physical. Also a couple of the passes in the 1st half were very well defended, the ball was just thrown to the perfect spot

Just Passin' By
11-29-2015, 05:24 PM
He has 500 yards on the year. Those aren't numbers you want from a #1. As of right now he's about the 70th best WR in the league in terms of production.

Watkins has missed several games. That's on injury, not talent.

Taylor doesn't look for Watkins, and doesn't throw in his direction if there's anything approaching coverage, and that's something that's been acknowledged by the Bills coaching staff, as well as the fans and media. That's on Taylor, not Watkins.

Taylor's a shitty QB. It all starts there.

KChiefs1
11-29-2015, 05:29 PM
http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?522517-Here-s-a-stat-that-will-make-you-throw-up-lt-lt-lt-lt-Watkins

Sully
11-29-2015, 05:30 PM
This, i don't think we did anything.

I think Buffalo just stopped throwing it up for grabs to him.
He was bracketed most of the 2nd half. He wasn't in the 1st.

MotherfuckerJones
11-29-2015, 05:32 PM

Because they don't get him the ball, but when they do he can do what he did today.

-King-
11-29-2015, 06:14 PM
Because they don't get him the ball, but when they do he can do what he did today.

Meh. I don't buy that. I don't think Taylor chooses to ignore the person who should be his best WR. He just isn't THAT good. He's very talented but I can't make excuses for him not being productive.
Posted via Mobile Device

MotherfuckerJones
11-29-2015, 06:16 PM
Meh. I don't buy that. I don't think Taylor chooses to ignore the person who should be his best WR. He just isn't THAT good. He's very talented but I can't make excuses for him not being productive.
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh you don't buy that? Look at his game today and tell me you don't buy that.

Destroyed us in the first half. One target in the second.

-King-
11-29-2015, 06:58 PM
Oh you don't buy that? Look at his game today and tell me you don't buy that.

Destroyed us in the first half. One target in the second.

I was at the game. No one on their team was getting open the whole second half.