PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs *****Official Spencer Ware Appreciation Thread*****

BigCatDaddy
11-29-2015, 08:23 PM
This guy brings some toughness to an offense that seemed a little soft. Ride this guy out or go back to West? Or the old RBBC?

lewdog
11-29-2015, 08:25 PM
Trade Charles!!!

milkman
11-29-2015, 08:25 PM
If West is healthy, you mix it up, because West has become a valuable weapon, both as a runner and receiver.

Ware is the hammer.

mdchiefsfan
11-29-2015, 08:27 PM
Go LJ (Ware) and Priest (West) on opposing teams.

milkman
11-29-2015, 08:28 PM
Go LJ (Ware) and Priest (West) on opposing teams.

LJ never had the vision and power that Ware is displaying.

KCrockaholic
11-29-2015, 08:29 PM
They need a split. West is a better WCO back and receiver. Ware seems to be a better pure runner with vision. Use them both.

threebag
11-29-2015, 08:30 PM
Its a good stable of backs.

MotherfuckerJones
11-29-2015, 08:31 PM
PBJ PBJ

penbrook
11-29-2015, 08:47 PM
There's no way you trade Charles

staylor26
11-29-2015, 08:54 PM
Ware is the type of guy that can make a difference in the playoffs. Nobody is going to want to tackle him in this cold weather.

prhom
11-29-2015, 09:02 PM

I'm really liking the attitude from Ware, but LJ had more power. I remember that game against the Chargers where LJ ran through at least 5 tackles on his way to the end zone. Ware seems a little less punishing, but a little faster than LJ.

BigCatDaddy
11-29-2015, 09:04 PM

He is nearly done. 29 next month and coming off another ACL tear.

Rausch
11-29-2015, 09:04 PM
ALL IN.

At worst Ware/West is thunder and lightning...

Rausch
11-29-2015, 09:06 PM
I'm really liking the attitude from Ware, but LJ had more power. I remember that game against the Chargers where LJ ran through at least 5 tackles on his way to the end zone. Ware seems a little less punishing, but a little faster than LJ.

West and Ware both seemed a bit less that what you'd expect.

With time and carries both have stepped up to the plate.

They didn't take a full year to rip off the diapers...

milkman
11-29-2015, 09:07 PM

LJ had his moments, but not many, and never ran with the same kind of determination that Ware has displayed.

mcaj22
11-29-2015, 09:07 PM
I dont want them to split because:

Our stupid HC will make stupid obvious play calls for the opposing defense. The defense is going to know when West is in to play the screen/swing pass or outside run or shitty east/west Andy Reid crappy play calling and then when Ware comes in its most likely going to be straight forward.

Just leave one guy in and make the defense assume anything is possible

BigCatDaddy
11-29-2015, 09:10 PM
LJ had his moments, but not many, and never ran with the same kind of determination that Ware has displayed.

He did when he first got to get carries but after a few seasons did more dancing.

milkman
11-29-2015, 09:11 PM
He did when he first got to get carries but after a few seasons did more dancing.

No, actually, he didn't.

That O-Line busted holes and LJ just ran through them.

As that line deteriorated, his lack of vision and power becoame clear for all to see.

BigCatDaddy
11-29-2015, 09:28 PM
No, actually, he didn't.

As that line deteriorated, his lack of vision and power becoame clear for all to see.

We will have to disagree on this one. I remember his whole "running angry" schtick.

Rausch
11-29-2015, 09:30 PM
We will have to disagree on this one. I remember his whole "running angry" schtick.

When he had a line he had swagger.

When he had no line he quit caring and ran like a pussy...

splatbass
11-29-2015, 09:38 PM
It's a good problem to have.

Third Eye
11-29-2015, 09:41 PM
No, actually, he didn't.

Exactly that. It was easy for LJ to look like he was trucking people when first contact was 8 yards downfield against a DB. That O Line was one of the best ever with 2 Hall of Famers and more pro bowlers.

nychief
11-29-2015, 09:41 PM

You are out of your mind. He was a POS... But a hell of a power back back in the day.

Mr. Laz
11-29-2015, 09:42 PM
LJ never did have the power to match his size, just like knile davis.

Ware doesn't care if it hurts, he is going to lay some wood. That is a great thing to have on a team that tends to be soft. We need more of that. Also he didn't fumble while fighting for the extra yards, didn't even look close to a fumbling.

milkman
11-29-2015, 09:43 PM
You are out of your mind. He was a POS... But a hell of a power back back in the day.

No, no he didn't.

Mr. Laz
11-29-2015, 09:44 PM

Dude, i don't think you're remembering correctly. He ran way too upright for much power. He would occasionally lower his head and deliver a blow but that isn't the same as running with power.

Rausch
11-29-2015, 09:46 PM
LJ never did have the power to match his size, just like knile davis.

Ware doesn't care if it hurts, he is going to lay some wood.

Ware runs like he WANTS IT TO HURT.

I so want us to keep that element when our other two "versatile" HB's come back...

MotherfuckerJones
11-29-2015, 09:47 PM
Uh...ware injured like two Bills today. He runs with plenty of power

Rausch
11-29-2015, 09:47 PM
Dude, i don't think you're remembering correctly. He ran way too upright for much power. He would occasionally lower his head and deliver a blow but that isn't the same as running with power.

He flattened and injured 3 dolphins players during the hurricane game.

YES! TD PATS!

milkman
11-29-2015, 09:48 PM

You're arguing the wrong argument.

Rausch
11-29-2015, 09:49 PM

Say it again.

SAY IT AGAIN LOUDLY!

https://media.giphy.com/media/jBVEeOMUQSFIA/giphy.gif

milkman
11-29-2015, 09:49 PM
He flattened and injured 3 dolphins players during the hurricane game.

YES! TD PATS!

As I said earlier, LJ had his moments, but that was all they were.

Moments.

nychief
11-29-2015, 09:50 PM
No, no he didn't.

LJ had no vision? What are you talking about. I like ware, but take a look at 2005 and 2006 with LJ... He was a beast. I hated the fucking guy - but you can't deny he had great years....he was fast and powerful and had a good line.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zmRZo9bwWG0

Mr. Laz
11-29-2015, 09:53 PM
Ware runs like he WANTS IT TO HURT.

I so want us to keep that element when our other two "versatile" HB's come back...

Absolutely, Reid has been avoiding adding a power back to the team. Now he stumbled into one and i hope he sees the benefits. How many times did Ware fall forward for a couple more yards when there wasn't really anything there today? That's huge when your offense is struggling. He also sets a physical tone for the Olinemen to follow. Love it.

Rausch
11-29-2015, 09:56 PM
Absolutely, Reid has been avoiding adding a power back to the team. Now he stumbled into one and i hope he sees the benefits. How many times did Ware fall forward for a couple more yards when there wasn't really anything there today? That's huge when your offense is struggling. He also sets a physical tone for the Olinemen to follow. Love it.

I know on two plays Ware was still fighting when the refs blew the whistle.

He wanted more. Those legs were moving...

Rausch
11-29-2015, 09:57 PM
That's huge when your offense is struggling. He also sets a physical tone for the Olinemen to follow. Love it.

This should be mentioned again.

Ware's running absolutely did bring a toughness to the line/team.

nychief
11-29-2015, 09:58 PM

So great. Love seeing it.

Fucking pats letting Bronc back in game.

milkman
11-29-2015, 10:03 PM
LJ had no vision? What are you talking about. I like ware, but take a look at 2005 and 2006 with LJ... He was a beast. I hated the ****ing guy - but you can't deny he had great years....he was fast and powerful and had a good line.

Not going to watch a highlight of a handful of plays.

LJ had his moments, but he never ran with power or vision with the consistency that Ware gas already displayed.

LJ ran into O-Line asses more than Donnel Bennett.

Mr. Laz
11-29-2015, 10:03 PM

On one of those plays i saw one of our offensive linemen "ram" the pile and help push the entire thing forward for 3 yards. That is something new for us. Normally we have a lot of guys standing around before the whistle even blows. We need more toughness and aggression on offense in the worst way. Ware helps with that.

Who knows, maybe that aggressive attitude influences Alex Smith a little too. :shrug:

BigCatDaddy
11-29-2015, 10:06 PM
This should be mentioned again.

Ware's running absolutely did bring a toughness to the line/team.

Yep. It is contagious which is why I think he should get at least 2/3 of the snaps.

OldSchool
11-29-2015, 10:07 PM
West and Ware are perfect compliments to one another.

Mr. Laz
11-29-2015, 10:10 PM
West and Ware are perfect compliments to one another.

Charles,West and Ware can absolutely co-exist in the same backfield.

Charles starts
West in relief(running same plays)
Ware is the hammer which every team needs

nychief
11-29-2015, 10:12 PM
Not going to watch a highlight of a handful of plays.

LJ had his moments, but he never ran with power or vision with the consistency that Ware gas already displayed.

Fine, but your sample size is stupid. Let's both agree that we are happy to see ware succeed and that LJ is djing a dive bar in Miami.

BigCatDaddy
11-29-2015, 10:17 PM
Charles,West and Ware can absolutely co-exist in the same backfield.

Charles starts
West in relief(running same plays)
Ware is the hammer which every team needs

Maybe. Some guys seem to do better if they are able to get in a rhythm rather being subbed in and out.

cdcox
11-29-2015, 10:17 PM

This completely backward. LJ was big, and might run through arm tackles once he got to the second level, but he was never a punishing runner and was not a a between the tackles runner. LJ was super fast though.

Chiefshrink
11-29-2015, 10:22 PM
LJ had no vision? What are you talking about. I like ware, but take a look at 2005 and 2006 with LJ... He was a beast. I hated the ****ing guy - but you can't deny he had great years....he was fast and powerful and had a good line.

I'm backing Milk on this one. Coming out of college it was said of LJ he only ran well against mediocre and poor run defenses. Anytime he went up against a good run D he was ineffective. LJ was a beast with that 05 line as most RBs in the league would have been that year with that nasty awesome line we had. LJ never liked to work at his craft(a la making holes for himself when the line struggled). LJ was a lazy runner meaning if the hole wasn't a mile wide forget it. LJ never had the fire in the belly if the holes weren't there UNLIKE Ware who say's to himself "well, looks like I'm going to have to do some 'reem work' here.

Bottom line: If it wasn't easy for LJ he clocked out and went home. And even moreso after getting his big contract.

milkman
11-29-2015, 10:24 PM
Okay, I now reverse everything I said in this thread.

Rausch
11-29-2015, 10:26 PM
I know he's a walking injury but I love the idea of the GB passing offense with that physical running threat.

Same as Bell in Pitt. Deep threat WR's + a banger.

Hell, even that Pats use that to a small extent.

Rausch
11-29-2015, 10:27 PM

https://dumasaphobicdiatribes.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/pod-people.jpg

Chiefshrink
11-29-2015, 10:29 PM

ROFL

Chiefshrink
11-29-2015, 10:33 PM
LJ was big, and might run through arm tackles once he got to the second level, but he was never a punishing runner and was not a a between the tackles runner.

BINGO ! LJ had deceptive speed for sure.

BigCatDaddy
11-29-2015, 10:51 PM
[B]Not going to watch a highlight of a handful of plays.[/B ]

Clutch Gene has a sad.

KChiefs1
11-29-2015, 11:04 PM
Trade Charles!!!

If he was healthy.

penchief
11-30-2015, 01:53 AM
No, actually, he didn't.

I think you are misremembering LJ's skillset. He had very good vision in space. Once he broke the line of scrimmage he sliced through traffic very efficiently and had the speed to outrun people. Sure, he ran with power but that was not his best asset when he was in his prime.

Not taking anything away from Ware but he is not in LJ's class yet. That said, I certainly hope he turns out to be better. I think he has the potential. We have been spoiled by a string of very talented running backs and I hope West and Ware are able to add to that run.

Mav
11-30-2015, 03:51 AM

Never. Ware reminds me of Corey Dillon. That's what I loved about him at LSU. Dude runs like a semi going down a mountain with no breaks.

mdchiefsfan
11-30-2015, 05:35 AM

ROFL

Danguardace
11-30-2015, 05:42 AM
Interesting that this is why the RB position is Over valued and under valued at the same Time. Who'd have thought Chiefs and Seahawks could win with out their "Stud" backs. But there are so many RB's out there you are bound to find some buried treasure.

Simply Red
11-30-2015, 07:02 AM
As I said earlier, LJ had his moments, but that was all they were.

Moments.

He's a famous DJ in South Beach now.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-30-2015, 07:07 AM

I would trade him in a heartbeat if we could land some decent picks.

Is he worth a 1 and a 2 ? Or even two 2's.

When Charles is in he is 40% of our offense and teams key on him. with Charles out we are a much more balanced team. Ware and West are both showing to be good backs.