PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs ESPN anchor: No one cares about Kelce "Hitting the Quan" because hes not Black

Deberg_1990
11-30-2015, 08:38 PM
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/11/espn-robert-flores-first-take-kelce-dance-because-hes-not-black

Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton enraged many football fans by dancing on his opponents in the endzone during a stellar performance against the Titans, which led to a week-long discussion of Newton’s character. A few weeks later, nearly every college football coach in America is doing the very same dance to celebrate victories, and the general public seems to have moved on.

After catching a touchdown Sunday, Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce “hit the quan” in the endzone (quite impressively), but no one is questioning Kelce’s status as a role model the next day. ESPN anchor Robert Flores rhetorically asked why Kelce has been given a free pass by the media during an episode of SportsCenter Monday.

“Wondering why there’s no letters to the editor, or why First Take‘s not doing ‘Should Travis Kelce be dancing in the endzone?’ They didn’t. I wonder why they’re not doing that… oh because he’s not black.”

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">U da realest <a href="https://twitter.com/RoFloESPN">@RoFloESPN</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Dab?src=hash">#Dab</a> <a href="https://t.co/fPFPxlLVUp">pic.twitter.com/fPFPxlLVUp</a></p>&mdash; Dab Newton (@CainMcCoy) <a href="https://twitter.com/CainMcCoy/status/671384691879079936">November 30, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

OldSchool
11-30-2015, 08:39 PM
People don't like Cam doing it cause he is perceived as a cocky a-hole.

milkman
11-30-2015, 08:40 PM
No one cares because no one saw it.

ThaVirus
11-30-2015, 08:46 PM
People don't like Cam doing it cause he is perceived as a cocky a-hole.

Kelce has the same persona.

underEJ
11-30-2015, 08:49 PM
"People" didn't like Newton doing it, also could be written Opposing players don't like it. The only reason it is a notable end zone moment is that he continued it after the Titans got upset. One dance, no big deal, follow up fuck you dance? That gets comments. The Titans are bitches anyway to whine about it, but it is not the same as a Kelce moment that at pointed out by milkman, nobody really saw it to care about it, and the Bills aren't bitches.

chiefzilla1501
11-30-2015, 08:51 PM
I agree with him. Not because kelce shouldn't. But because people pissy about cam dancing is about the stupidest thing for anyone to be upset about. And I know a lot about stupid.

hometeam
11-30-2015, 08:52 PM

http://i.imgur.com/snAjz83.gif

MotherfuckerJones
11-30-2015, 08:53 PM
I laugh when people get pissed at Cam. It's like people getting pissed about a bat flip in baseball.

TimBone
11-30-2015, 09:12 PM
Kelce has the same persona.
Does he really?

TimBone
11-30-2015, 09:14 PM
UnderEJ is right. Cam's made headlines because the Titans player threw a fit, and Cam hit with the dance one mo' time. Which I thought was awesome, btw.

Buehler445
11-30-2015, 09:15 PM
I thought Cams deal was funny as hell. I mean laugh out loud funny. If guys are going to do shit in the end zone at least make it look decent. Half the time I have no idea WTF half these motherfuckers are trying to do. They hack it up so bad it's not even funny. If you can't dance, don't. Do a wicked spike like gronk, dump on your teammates like LJ (whatever that Jay-Z deal was he did), or give the option ball to the ref like LaDouchian.

As far as the follow up "fuck you" dance, that shit was great. I'll take that over the shoving match expletive string most guys do when they disagree. That shot was funny as hell.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-30-2015, 09:17 PM
Beyond the discount double check and Tom Brady's QB sneaks which he finishes off with a spike...I don't know of a single successful QB out there who is lining up in front of the cameras and showing off. As a leader of the squad you should be putting your focus on the task at hand and have the troops ready, not giving your opponents more reason to come at you even harder on the next play.

ThaVirus
11-30-2015, 09:17 PM
Does he really?

Well, cocky, I'd say so. There's really not much difference between Newton and Kelce in how they conduct themselves.

Neither are a-holes, though, I don't think. Cam does a shit ton for kids and communities in the area. He's made a lot of kid's days at the stadiums in his handful of years in the league.

Buehler445
11-30-2015, 09:19 PM
Well, cocky, I'd say so. There's really not much difference between Newton and Kelce in how they conduct themselves.

Neither are a-holes, though, I don't think. Cam does a shit ton for kids and communities in the area. He's made a lot of kid's days at the stadiums in his handful of years in the league.

Every touchdown dance ends up with a kid getting the ball. That shit is legit.

ThaVirus
11-30-2015, 09:19 PM
Beyond the discount double check and Tom Brady's QB sneaks which he finished off with a spike...I don't know of a single successful QB out there who is lining up in front of the cameras and showing off. As a leader of the squad you should be putting your focus on the task at hand and have the troops ready, not giving your opponents more reason to come at you even harder on the next play.

So... only 3 of the 5 most successful QBs put on a show for the camera?

Just what point were you looking to make exactly?

Buehler445
11-30-2015, 09:20 PM
Beyond the discount double check and Tom Brady's QB sneaks which he finished off with a spike...I don't know of a single successful QB out there who is lining up in front of the cameras and showing off. As a leader of the squad you should be putting your focus on the task at hand and have the troops ready, not giving your opponents more reason to come at you even harder on the next play.

The Panthers are undefeated. I think he's doing a fine job of "having the troops ready."

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-30-2015, 09:21 PM
So... only 3 of the 5 most successful QBs put on a show for the camera?

Just what point were you looking to make exactly?

The point is those QB's are putting in a VERY brief 1 second celebration when they personally rush in a TD. Cam Newton brings in a TD and he's running over to the cameras to put on a different show like he's Terrell Owens. Big difference.

TLO
11-30-2015, 09:22 PM
k

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-30-2015, 09:22 PM
The Panthers are undefeated. I think he's doing a fine job of "having the troops ready."

Having a top pass defense and playing the easiest schedule in the NFL validates a QB to behave like a prick? How did that work out for Kaepernick?

Bugeater
11-30-2015, 09:24 PM
LET'S KEEP FANNING THE FLAMES OF RACISM!!!

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-30-2015, 09:25 PM
"People" didn't like Newton doing it, also could be written Opposing players don't like it. The only reason it is a notable end zone moment is that he continued it after the Titans got upset. One dance, no big deal, follow up **** you dance? That gets comments. The Titans are bitches anyway to whine about it, but it is not the same as a Kelce moment that at pointed out by milkman, nobody really saw it to care about it, and the Bills aren't bitches.

Exactly, Cam does it to rub it in. If I'm the GM I'm telling him to knock that shit off with the playoffs approaching. Players are going to react much differently when the TE/RB/WR puts on a dance whereas a QB showboating is received much differently.

The ESPN commentator turning this into a race issue is an absolute moron

TimBone
11-30-2015, 09:26 PM

Yeah, I don't know who it is, but someone is running major PR for Cam on Facebook. I can't scroll through my newsfeed without seeing two or three pics of him doing something for kids.

My only problem with Cam is that every thing seems calculated. I'm probably wrong, but it stems from an E:60 interview I watched with him. It seemed as though he tried to answer every question with the most enlightening thing he could drum up. He badly wants to be one of the iconic superstars of our time. I don't blame him, but at times I get a sense of fakeness from it all.

Kelce is just handsome.

Chromatic
11-30-2015, 09:27 PM
Beyond the discount double check and Tom Brady's QB sneaks which he finishes off with a spike...I don't know of a single successful QB out there who is lining up in front of the cameras and showing off. As a leader of the squad you should be putting your focus on the task at hand and have the troops ready, not giving your opponents more reason to come at you even harder on the next play.

lol look at this bad opinion

chiefzilla1501
11-30-2015, 09:28 PM

I'm sure Cam dancing was a huge distraction for his troops. And I'm sure opposing defenses tried harder because he danced.

Who cares? Cam was excited. I'm sure it pumps his teammates up. We have bigger things to worry about in the NFL than, God forbid, a bunch of athletes having fun.

TimBone
11-30-2015, 09:29 PM
Exactly, Cam does it to rub it in. If I'm the GM I'm telling him to knock that shit off with the playoffs approaching. Players are going to react much differently when the TE/RB/WR puts on a dance whereas a QB showboating is received much differently.

What? That's stupid. Only certain positions are authorized to dance? Fuck off with that nonsense.

You 49er fans are the worst. Just awful.

ThaVirus
Yeah, I don't know who it is, but someone is running major PR for Cam on Facebook. I can't scroll through my newsfeed without seeing two or three pics of him doing something for kids.

My only problem with Cam is that every thing seems calculated. I'm probably wrong, but it stems from an E:60 interview I watched with him. It seemed as though he tried to answer every question with the most enlightening thing he could drum up. He badly wants to be one of the iconic superstars of our time. I don't blame him, but at times I get a sense of fakeness from it all.

Kelce is just handsome.

Cam is also a handsome man.

They're both tall, muscular, young, rich, professional athletes. Probably why they're cocky.

ThaVirus
The point is those QB's are putting in a VERY brief 1 second celebration when they personally rush in a TD. Cam Newton brings in a TD and he's running over to the cameras to put on a different show like he's Terrell Owens. Big difference.

You have the worst opinions this side of OldSchool.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-30-2015, 09:30 PM

Kelce is just handsome.

Definitely so. They are milking his success right now FWIW. Honestly, Cam is the most selfish player in that locker room and it goes back all the way to his college days at Florida and Auburn where he was an attention seeking whore and thief. It's why Urban Meyer kicked him out of Florida. Look at his behavior in those NFL seasons where the team was losing, the media was all over him for secluding himself on the sideline.

Chromatic
11-30-2015, 09:30 PM
Tigeruppercut is abe simpson 50 years ago

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Edq2fbuQqHA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TimBone
11-30-2015, 09:31 PM
Cam is also a handsome man.

They're both tall, muscular, young, rich, professional athletes. Probably why they're cocky.
Yeah, I'd totally do Cam as well.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-30-2015, 09:31 PM
You have the worst opinions this side of OldSchool.

Name me 1 successful quarterback that showboats like Cam. I'll wait. And no, Kaepernick does not count.

xztop123
11-30-2015, 09:32 PM
It;'s not Cam Newtons dancing that annoys people it's his mannerisms and his facial physiognomy.

Kman34
11-30-2015, 09:33 PM
Just hand the ball to the Ref and act like you been there before....Oh......and get off my lawn!!!! :D

ThaVirus
11-30-2015, 09:33 PM
Name me 1 successful quarterback that showboats like Cam. I'll wait. And no, Kaepernick does not count.

You already named the two best QBs in the league.

Cam showboats all he wants and he's very successful.

Kaep experienced a ton of success while showboating when he got the chance.

Ben Roethlisberger is a fucking rapist for God's sake. Who gives a shit about a TD celebration?

JoeyChuckles
11-30-2015, 09:34 PM

Maybe Cam is just the first.

TimBone
11-30-2015, 09:35 PM
I thought Cams deal was funny as hell. I mean laugh out loud funny. If guys are going to do shit in the end zone at least make it look decent. Half the time I have no idea WTF half these motherfuckers are trying to do. They hack it up so bad it's not even funny. If you can't dance, don't. Do a wicked spike like gronk, dump on your teammates like LJ (whatever that Jay-Z deal was he did), or give the option ball to the ref like LaDouchian.

As far as the follow up "fuck you" dance, that shit was great. I'll take that over the shoving match expletive string most guys do when they disagree. That shot was funny as hell.
Exactly. When he hit the dance again in front of the Titan's player, it was awesome. Way better than jumping back in the dudes face.

Titan's player was being a biggity bitch anyways. Don't wanna see the dance, keep the man out of the end zone.

stevieray
11-30-2015, 09:35 PM
Yeah, I'd totally do Cam as well.

This is important.

TimBone
11-30-2015, 09:37 PM
It;'s not Cam Newtons dancing that annoys people it's his mannerisms and his facial physiognomy.
I bet he can get laid at the bar, though.

eDave

He has a nice chin.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
You already named the two best QBs in the league.

Cam showboats all he wants and he's very successful.

Kaep experienced a ton of success while showboating when he got the chance.

Ben Roethlisberger is a ****ing rapist for God's sake. Who gives a shit about a TD celebration?

Again, Rodgers and Brady don't showboat. They have their signature celebration only when they get a rush TD. Big deal. No defensive player is going to get butt hurt over that.

I would recommend you actually watch some football and contribute something worthwhile before you post.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-30-2015, 09:40 PM
Maybe Cam is just the first.

Cam needs to win a ring before we call him successful. I was being generous to ThaVirus and let him count that one.

Also, we all know Cam is a wannabe Russell Wilson with less intelligence and less self-control

ThaVirus
11-30-2015, 09:42 PM
Again, Rodgers and Brady don't showboat. They have their signature celebration only when they get a rush TD. Big deal. No defensive player is going to get butt hurt over that.

I would recommend you actually watch some football and contribute something worthwhile before you post.

They have a signature celebration. That's showboating, dickweed.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-30-2015, 09:45 PM
lol look at this bad opinion

Coming from the guy who picked the Bills to beat the Chiefs. Great assessment, pal.

chiefzilla1501
11-30-2015, 09:45 PM

I am sure a bunch of awkward white guy QBs are dying to do a touchdown dance celebration on a TD they threw to someone else.

stevieray
11-30-2015, 09:46 PM
I am sure a bunch of awkward white guy QBs
This board is full of idiots.

Saccopoo
It's because he's the QB. The position is supposed and should be above the childishness of end zone dances and such posturing.

It's why starting pitchers don't do dances when they strike out guys. Because you are supposed to do that shit. And you look like a dildo when you should be representing your team as the leader and general on the field.

ThaVirus
I am sure a bunch of awkward white guy QBs are dying to do a touchdown dance celebration on a TD they threw to someone else.

Seahawks players think Cam Newton is too black.

ThaVirus
11-30-2015, 09:47 PM

Be honest, Stevie... Can you dance?

listopencil
11-30-2015, 09:49 PM

And here I thought nobody gave a shit about this. Apparently you're the one guy concerned with it. Congratz?

DaNewGuy
11-30-2015, 09:51 PM
And here I thought nobody gave a shit about this. Apparently you're the one guy concerned with it. Congratz?

Carson Palmer? Lol except he falls down when he celebrates

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-30-2015, 09:52 PM
They have a signature celebration. That's showboating, dickweed.

there's nothing ostentatious about being doing something predictable that neither fans, players, or refs have a problem with. Your position on the matter is entirely confusing and pathetic in the sense that you have yet to name any successful QB that showboats like Cam.

I was nice enough to offer you Cam who of course is still an unproven QB that is cleverly masked by his HC as a poor man's russell wilson playing game manager. I'll give you 0.25 points for Kaepernick if you want...

ThaVirus
11-30-2015, 09:52 PM
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--hOvBv0nq--/c_fit,f_auto,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/1522472624347430832.gif

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-30-2015, 09:53 PM
It's because he's the QB. The position is supposed and should be above the childishness of end zone dances and such posturing.

It's why starting pitchers don't do dances when they strike out guys. Because you are supposed to do that shit. And you look like a dildo when you should be representing your team as the leader and general on the field.

:clap:

Rain Man
11-30-2015, 09:54 PM

I fall into this camp. But I'm that way about all players.

I guess I should say that I don't mind at all if someone is happy and does a spontaneous celebratory act. But the choreographed stuff makes players look like idiots. Whether you're a mighty Chief or a scum-sucking Bronco or anywhere in between, choreographed celebrations make you like an idiot. Don't do it.

ThaVirus
11-30-2015, 09:55 PM
there's nothing ostentatious about being doing something predictable that neither fans, players, or refs have a problem with.

5 seasons in, do you think any opposing player is shocked when Cam Newton busts out a celebratory TD dance?

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-30-2015, 09:55 PM
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--hOvBv0nq--/c_fit,f_auto,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/1522472624347430832.gif

That basically sums up Stantons 8 years in the NFL. A top cheerleader.

chiefzilla1501
11-30-2015, 09:57 PM

Most NFL QBs today are stiff white QBs I would imagine look painfully awkward trying to pull off the dab. Nothing idiotic about saying what everybody else is already thinking.

And there's nothing idiotic about saying TD celebrations don't typically come on TD passes, they come after TD runs or catches. And few QBs get into the end zone that way as regularly as Cam does.

Red Dawg
11-30-2015, 09:57 PM
Who cares. Let the players dance and show the crowd some fun. Cam should dance after every play if they let him.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-30-2015, 09:59 PM
5 seasons in, do you think any opposing player is shocked when Cam Newton busts out a celebratory TD dance?

Can't tell if this is rhetorical or you posted without giving this much thought...

chiefzilla1501
11-30-2015, 10:01 PM

Ray Lewis was the undisputed leader of the Ravens for years. One of the biggest showboats in the history of the game. I fail to see much of a difference, just because he plays defense and Cam plays offense.

People lead in different ways. Just because few players have played the position in this way doesn't mean a QB can't do it. It seem to be working just fine for Cam.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-30-2015, 10:02 PM

Just listing my observations of how successful QBs in this league have behaved and debunking that this is even remotely related to race or color...

TimBone
11-30-2015, 10:02 PM
This is important.
My apologies for making a silly post in a thread discussing a football player 'hitting the quan'.

ThaVirus
11-30-2015, 10:03 PM
Can't tell if this is rhetorical or you posted without giving this much thought...

You implied that there was nothing wrong with Rodgers and Brady's celebrations because everyone knows they're going to do it. At this point I'd say everyone knows Cam will dance if he scores a TD.

I've yet to hear of any coach or ref complain about his celebrations and no players either save the one shitty Titans LB that took offense to one dance. Do we really give a shit what that guy thinks?

DaNewGuy
11-30-2015, 10:04 PM
My apologies for making a silly post in a thread discussing a football player 'hitting the quan'.

LMAO

Saul Good
11-30-2015, 10:07 PM
there's nothing ostentatious about being doing something predictable that neither fans, players, or refs have a problem with. Your position on the matter is entirely confusing and pathetic in the sense that you have yet to name any successful QB that showboats like Cam.

I was nice enough to offer you Cam who of course is still an unproven QB that is cleverly masked by his HC as a poor man's russell wilson playing game manager. I'll give you 0.25 points for Kaepernick if you want...

Why? Is Kaep only a quarter black or something?

I do think it's frowned on when QBs draw attention to and market themselves. /typed while watching yet another Nationwide commercial starring Peyton Manning

TimBone
11-30-2015, 10:08 PM
ROFL....that was awesome.

DaNewGuy
11-30-2015, 10:10 PM
Did anyone see Carson's celebration yesterday ? LMAO

TigeRRUppeRRcut
I took a lot of **** from people last year for saying Luck was an overrated turnover nightmare who only looked like he was HOF in 2014 strictly because of how soft his schedule was in 2014.

I honestly feel the same goes for Cam this season, he has played the absolute EASIEST NFL schedule this season while his HC has limited the throws he's allowed to take and cut his % contribution to the offense compared to last year.

Chief Northman

ROFL

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-30-2015, 10:12 PM
You implied that there was nothing wrong with Rodgers and Brady's celebrations because everyone knows they're going to do it. At this point I'd say everyone knows Cam will dance if he scores a TD.

I've yet to hear of any coach or ref complain about his celebrations and no players either save the one shitty Titans LB that took offense to one dance. Do we really give a shit what that guy thinks?

The fact is Cam used to do his superman pose and now that his team is winning against soft teams he's upped his trash talking. This should turn out real nicely for him. How satisfying would it be if Dick Sherman puts him back in his place like he did to Kaepernick?

TimBone
11-30-2015, 10:12 PM
ROFL

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-30-2015, 10:18 PM
Cam's got one supporter of his dumbass antics. FWIW.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-PUMVAbhafa8/UtL2GqVk52I/AAAAAAAAFU4/yILOd4XH7LI/s400/KAP2.gif

ThaVirus
11-30-2015, 10:21 PM
Cam's got one supporter of his dumbass antics. FWIW.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-PUMVAbhafa8/UtL2GqVk52I/AAAAAAAAFU4/yILOd4XH7LI/s400/KAP2.gif

Someone mocked his celebration dance. Oh, no!

http://cjzero.com/gifs/BoleyDblChk.gif

http://i.imgur.com/Ri3NT.gif

https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/N7XXiYY1tQ02rctSnXs3cTkuK7w=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4105638/charles.0.0.gif

chiefzilla1501
11-30-2015, 10:22 PM
Cam is 5 TDs away in his young career from breaking the QB career rushing TD record.

So yeah, a QB who runs in the end zone that often is going to celebrate a shitload more than a QB who throws into the end zone.

Tribal Warfare
11-30-2015, 10:22 PM
That Anchor should be fired on the spot for making this a black/white ethnicity issue. THAT shit is grandstanding.

ThaVirus
11-30-2015, 10:24 PM
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/ptwxvvpepnbbyv46kkf4.gif

This kind of shit is hilarious.

DaNewGuy
11-30-2015, 10:25 PM

White privilege at it's finest

MotherfuckerJones
11-30-2015, 10:26 PM

Who gives a flying rat dick? Honestly. Why the bug up your ass about it? Just curious man.

alanm
11-30-2015, 10:27 PM
Beyond the discount double check and Tom Brady's QB sneaks which he finishes off with a spike...I don't know of a single successful QB out there who is lining up in front of the cameras and showing off. As a leader of the squad you should be putting your focus on the task at hand and have the troops ready, not giving your opponents more reason to come at you even harder on the next play.Kapernick. But not much recently. :D

MotherfuckerJones
11-30-2015, 10:30 PM
Having a top pass defense and playing the easiest schedule in the NFL validates a QB to behave like a prick? How did that work out for Kaepernick?

He has his own dance and that makes him a prick? :shake:

What's that make Emmanuel Sanders who dances after a first down? Or Kelce who will do a little dance after a big play sometimes? Cam is not a prick.

Cam isn't rubbing shit in. All really good teams have solid defenses. That's a silly argument. They went INTO Seattle and won this season. Tough place to win.

MotherfuckerJones
11-30-2015, 10:32 PM

Rodgers doesn't showboat? ROFL you've never watched him play then. Discount double check says hello

alanm
11-30-2015, 10:32 PM
I'm sure Cam dancing was a huge distraction for his troops. And I'm sure opposing defenses tried harder because he danced.

Who cares? Cam was excited. I'm sure it pumps his teammates up. We have bigger things to worry about in the NFL than, God forbid, a bunch of athletes having fun.I wish they would bring back group celebration. Those were always a blast to watch. Can't remember who used to gather around while the one with the ball rolled it like dice playing Craps. Probably Washington.

Sorter
11-30-2015, 10:34 PM
You motherfuckers are being trolled by Blackbob.

TimBone
11-30-2015, 10:36 PM
TigerUppercut, you should have seen the dance this black guy just did in the Browns-Ravens game after making a nice special teams tackle.

It was disgusting.

chiefzilla1501
11-30-2015, 10:37 PM
That Anchor should be fired on the spot for making this a black/white ethnicity issue. THAT shit is grandstanding.

It's a fair question. Several people here have already mentioned that a QB needs to behave a certain way. Basically, they want QBs to be Russell Wilson. Quiet, polite to the cameras... if we're going to throw race into the discussion, these are qualities that got Russell Wilson ripped to shreds for being "too white."

So it's a very fair question to ask. Why is there no place for a QB to lead with cockiness? Why is it okay for Lebron James and Ray Lewis to be undisputed leaders of their teams with an unbelievable showboating cockiness, but not okay for a QB? I'm not a Cam fan, but maybe we need someone to finally challenge our idea of what normal has to be instead of boxing Cam into something he isn't.

TimBone
11-30-2015, 10:37 PM
I wish they would bring back group celebration. Those were always a blast to watch. Can't remember who used to gather around while the one with the ball rolled it like dice playing Craps. Probably Washington.
I really miss the days of Steve Smith and Chad Johnson celebrating their TD's.

Saul Good
11-30-2015, 10:38 PM
Everyone loved Jared Allen when he did his calf roping and dancing while getting popped multiple times for DUIs. Cam Newton does a dance, and people start talking about how stealing a laptop when he was 18 makes him a career criminal.

Why are we denying that we give white players special treatment. We openly fucking embrace it. We love Boomer Grigsby and Sean McGrath types.

Iconic
11-30-2015, 10:39 PM
All this butthurt just stems from leading unfulfilled lives. I mean if you actually had shit to do, would you really care if someone decides to celebrate in the endzone... God I swear, people just like to manufacture their own problems when they have nothing better to do.

Tribal Warfare
11-30-2015, 10:40 PM
It's a fair question. Several people here have already mentioned that a QB needs to behave a certain way. Basically, they want QBs to be Russell Wilson. Quiet, polite to the cameras... if we're going to throw race into the discussion, these are qualities that got Russell Wilson ripped to shreds for being "too white."

So it's a very fair question to ask. Why is there no place for a QB to lead with cockiness?.

It isn't a fair question, because it wasn't even asked until this dickhead decided to make it an issue.

TimBone
11-30-2015, 10:45 PM
Everyone loved Jared Allen when he did his calf roping and dancing while getting popped multiple times for DUIs. Cam Newton does a dance, and people start talking about how stealing a laptop when he was 18 makes him a career criminal.

Why are we denying that we give white players special treatment. We openly fucking embrace it. We love Boomer Grigsby and Sean McGrath types.

McGrath had a bomb ass beard, tho.

Saccopoo
11-30-2015, 10:45 PM

It's not white. It's position.

If Cam wants to dance, have him play tight end. He and Kelce could go head to head for the title and no one would care.

Ikky Woods is still shuffling when getting cold cuts and everyone loves it.

It's not a race thing, it's a position thing.

You're the QB. You are supposed to be above trivial little shit like that.

chiefzilla1501
11-30-2015, 10:47 PM
It isn't a fair question, because it wasn't even asked until this dickhead decided to make it an issue.

I think everyone is reaching for answers to why people are so outraged about something so stupid and trivial.

MotherfuckerJones
11-30-2015, 10:47 PM
You mother****ers are being trolled by Blackbob.

I called that awhile ago

alanm
11-30-2015, 10:52 PM
I called that awhile agoThink so? :hmmm:

chiefzilla1501
11-30-2015, 10:54 PM

If Cam wants to dance, have him play tight end. He and Kelce could go head to head for the title and no one would care.

So we should ask Cam, a black QB, to act more like other QBs who have been predominantly white. Or can we acknowledge that there are lots of excellent leaders in sports that were massive showboats, like Lebron and Ray Lewis. Every leader has a different style. Leaders are allowed to be cocky in sports.

MotherfuckerJones
11-30-2015, 10:55 PM
Think so? :hmmm:

Motherfucker feels a mega-thread upon us...

cdcox
11-30-2015, 10:58 PM

What about Manning face?

cdcox
11-30-2015, 11:00 PM
What about Lenny the Cool licking his fingers as he contemplated devise ring a defense as he approached the line of scrimmage?

cdcox
11-30-2015, 11:01 PM
What about "I guarantee it."

cdcox
11-30-2015, 11:01 PM
What about Rozelle headbands?

cdcox
11-30-2015, 11:03 PM
What about giving yourself a concussion by head butting the stadium?

Saul Good
11-30-2015, 11:04 PM

It's QBs because that's about the only "white" position left. Old white dudes love Joe Namath, and that dude wore a motherfucking fur coat on the sideline.

Psyko Tek
11-30-2015, 11:05 PM
What about Rozelle headbands?

and he sucked as a QB
and no way he could dance

TimBone
11-30-2015, 11:06 PM
I called that awhile ago

Think so? :hmmm:
Not Black Bob.

TimBone
11-30-2015, 11:07 PM
What about giving yourself a concussion by head butting the stadium?
ROFL

TimBone
11-30-2015, 11:08 PM
It's QBs because that's about the only "white" position left. Old white dudes love Joe Namath, and that dude wore a motherfucking fur coat on the sideline.
Didn't Jim McMahon wear sunglasses on the sideline?

MotherfuckerJones
11-30-2015, 11:08 PM
Not Black Bob.

Guesses?

Brock
11-30-2015, 11:12 PM

Wow, that's some mensa level shit there.

TimBone
11-30-2015, 11:13 PM
Guesses?
TigerUppercut is just another random niner/alex troll. When he first showed up, he made a post referencing a shit ton of random niner players from the past decade that no one aside from a niners fan would give a shit about. He makes niner references all the time. He hates Kaepernick, and loves Alex. He's one of the ones going back and forth with Clay about Alex all the time.

Plus, I believe the mods did a check, and his ip address was near the bay area. I could be mistaken about that, though.

MotherfuckerJones
11-30-2015, 11:16 PM
TigerUppercut is just another random niner/alex troll. When he first showed up, he made a post referencing a shit ton of random niner players from the past decade that no one aside from a niners fan would give a shit about. He makes niner references all the time. He hates Kaepernick, and loves Alex. He's one of the ones going back and forth with Clay about Alex all the time.

Plus, I believe the mods did a check, and his ip address was near the bay area. I could be mistaken about that, though.

Ahh...I never payed attention til now because he's a nobody. Just threw a guess out there because he's awful with takes.

ThaVirus
11-30-2015, 11:16 PM
Didn't Jim McMahon wear sunglasses on the sideline?

Joe Namath's fur coat, Jim McMahon's sunglasses, Rodgers' discount double check, Brady's spike, Hasselbeck's "We want the ball; we're going to score", Romo telling Brady he'd see them in the Super Bowl..

Not the same but Ben Roethlisberger raped some bitches..

But we've got an issue with Cam Newton dancing and Kaepernick kissing his biceps.

TimBone
11-30-2015, 11:18 PM
Joe Namath's fur coat, Jim McMahon's sunglasses, Rodgers' discount double check, Brady's spike, Hasselbeck's "We want the ball; we're going to score", Romo telling Brady he'd see them in the Super Bowl..

Not the same but Ben Roethlisberger raped some bitches..

But we've got an issue with Cam Newton dancing and Kaepernick kissing his biceps.
Matt Hasselbeck's we want the ball and we're gonna score is one of my favorite moments ever.

chiefzilla1501
11-30-2015, 11:20 PM
Matt Hasselbeck's we want the ball and we're gonna score is one of my favorite moments ever.

Only because he threw an INT ROFL

But still hilarious

TimBone
11-30-2015, 11:21 PM
Only because he threw an INT ROFL

But still hilarious
Yeah, the whole thing was awesome. Like, I felt bad for him, but as far as entertainment purposes it couldn't have gone any better.

19now11
11-30-2015, 11:23 PM
im only 32 but even im old school enough to think that all this ra ra look at me dance bs is just that. bullshit. act like youve been there before. barry sanders handed the ball to the ref after every score. pure class. fuck these guys nowaday.4321

TimBone
11-30-2015, 11:23 PM
I'll tell you what though, if I see that black boy Cam Newton dancing one more time ON MY TV THAT I PAID FOR, I'm writing a a god damn letter to Roger Goodell. He better get the boy in line, 'err else.

MotherfuckerJones
11-30-2015, 11:25 PM
I'll tell you what though, if I see that black boy Cam Newton dancing one more time ON MY TV THAT I PAID FOR, I'm writing a a god damn letter to Roger Goodell. He better get the boy in line, 'err else.

:D

ThaVirus
11-30-2015, 11:25 PM
im only 32 but even im old school enough to think that all this ra ra look at me dance bs is just that. bullshit. act like youve been there before. barry sanders handed the ball to the ref after every score. pure class. **** these guys nowaday.4321

Barry Sanders. Now there's a black man that knew his place!

MotherfuckerJones
11-30-2015, 11:26 PM
im only 32 but even im old school enough to think that all this ra ra look at me dance bs is just that. bullshit. act like youve been there before. barry sanders handed the ball to the ref after every score. pure class. **** these guys nowaday.4321

I'm guessing you didn't like Billy "White Shoes" Johnson too much eh?

Saul Good
11-30-2015, 11:26 PM
Why can't he be a good guy like Marvin Harrison?

Brock
11-30-2015, 11:39 PM
im only 32 but even im old school enough to think that all this ra ra look at me dance bs is just that. bullshit. act like youve been there before. barry sanders handed the ball to the ref after every score. pure class. fuck these guys nowaday.4321

You're of pretty low intelligence, though.

Sorter
11-30-2015, 11:40 PM

FWIW, one of the previous Blackbob mults got busted with a Cali IP.

stevieray
11-30-2015, 11:48 PM
Most NFL QBs today are stiff white QBs I would imagine look painfully awkward trying to pull off the dab. it has nothing to do with color. Most players celebrate. Some are funny as hell, some are silly. Doesn't mean shit what color a players skin is when they are having fun.

TimBone
11-30-2015, 11:48 PM
Oh yeah, that's true.

He could be him....but I'd be surprised.

MotherfuckerJones
11-30-2015, 11:50 PM
Oh yeah, that's true.

He could be him....but I'd be surprised.

Maybe his cover is a 49er fan lol...thus the Cali IP

TimBone
11-30-2015, 11:54 PM
Maybe his cover is a 49er fan lol...thus the Cali IP
Well, the other thing I keep going back to in my mind is this: Uppercut has been here almost a year now. There is no freaking way Black Bob goes a year without any outing incident. He can't handle himself that long. At the very least he couldn't ignore Sorter for that long.

Also, there has been at least one Black Bob siting and ban since the Uppercut account has been activate and posting.

Sorter
11-30-2015, 11:58 PM
Well, the other thing I keep going back to in my mind is this: Uppercut has been here almost a year now. There is no freaking way Black Bob goes a year without any outing incident. He can't handle himself that long. At the very least he couldn't ignore Sorter for that long.

Also, there has been at least one Black Bob siting and ban since the Uppercut account has been activate and posting.

He has refused to respond directly to my posts since I made a thread outing him.

TimBone
12-01-2015, 12:00 AM
He has refused to respond directly to my posts since I made a thread outing him.
Shit, man. Maybe it's him. I don't know. I'm always down for a Black Bob Megameltdown Megathread, though.

Brock
12-01-2015, 12:00 AM
They have the same opinion about justin houston. They'd both rather have an ilb than justin houston. They both bitched incessantly about houston's contract. They are in fact the same person.

TimBone
12-01-2015, 12:01 AM
TigerUppercut, take a break from bashing the blacks, and answer right here and right now. Are you Black Bob?

Is Brandon Siler better than Derrick Johnson?

MotherfuckerJones
12-01-2015, 12:02 AM
Shit, man. Maybe it's him. I don't know. I'm always down for a Black Bob Megameltdown Megathread, though.

I love a big fat juicy mega thread.

MotherfuckerJones
12-01-2015, 12:04 AM
TigerUppercut, take a break from bashing the blacks, and answer right here and right now. Are you Black Bob?

Is Brandon Siler better than Derrick Johnson?

Wait wait wait right the fuck there! Did he fucking say Brandon, I can't tackle fucking air, Siler is better than Super DJ?

MotherfuckerJones
12-01-2015, 12:05 AM
Wouldn't have shocked me if that mult thread about Trading Houston was him.

TimBone
12-01-2015, 12:05 AM
Wait wait wait right the fuck there! Did he fucking say Brandon, I can't tackle fucking air, Siler is better than Super DJ?
I do believe so. I've seen it referenced a number of times. My guess is Sorter could fll you in on Black Bob's many pearls of football wisdom.

ChiefAshhole1056
12-01-2015, 12:06 AM
I wish Joseph Fauria could've signed here so they could tag-team a TD celebration dance. I'll take the penalties, it'd be worth it.

TimBone
In one of his final hurrah threads, he did a top ten prediction of things that would happen within the Chiefs organization. It was a fantastically entertaining read.

ThaVirus
He said Brandon Siler was a better tackler than DJ.

He also said Dexter McCluster was quicker than Jamaal Charles.

MotherfuckerJones
I do believe so. I've seen it referenced a number of times. My guess is Sorter could fll you in on Black Bob's many pearls of football wisdom.

ROFL he probably loves Corey Mays too. (Who I had a fantastic chew out moment on Barry's Kool-Aid because he loved Mays :D)

MotherfuckerJones
12-01-2015, 12:07 AM
He said Brandon Siler was a better tackler than DJ.

He also said Dexter McCluster was quicker than Jamaal Charles.

W...O...W

jaa1025
12-01-2015, 12:16 AM
Maybe because Cam is a QB and more professionalism is expected from a QB than a position player.

srvy
12-01-2015, 12:18 AM

All the balls he drops obviously has the concentration of a slug. But yeah its just so hilarious. Until he fumbles it before x-ing the goal line. If you want to be hilarious sign up for a gig at a comedy club.

Some of the biggest defenders of Cam are the same ones that gripe when a player taunts the Chiefs after a big play. I have seen it in GDT search is working now. But make your moral stand by all means.

stevieray
12-01-2015, 12:21 AM
It's QBs because that's about the only "white" position left. .
LMAO

Not even close.

TimBone
12-01-2015, 12:34 AM
All the balls he drops obviously has the concentration of a slug. But yeah its just so hilarious. Until he fumbles it before x-ing the goal line. If you want to be hilarious sign up for a gig at a comedy club.

Some of the biggest defenders of Cam are the same ones that gripe when a player taunts the Chiefs after a big play. I have seen it in GDT search is working now. But make your moral stand by all means.
Awake after the Wheel of Fortune? Crazy night for ol' Srvy.

srvy
12-01-2015, 12:46 AM
Awake after the Wheel of Fortune? Crazy night for ol' Srvy.

Its crunch time use them or lose they at the start of the new year. So I will sleep in get up go to Quik Trip get me a coffee and donut and observe dumbass es loose and free with there money. Probably see The Virus and wont even know it. Do you count your change?

RealSNR
12-01-2015, 12:47 AM
Cam needs to win a ring before we call him successful. I was being generous to ThaVirus and let him count that one.

Also, we all know Cam is a wannabe Russell Wilson with less intelligence and less self-control

Why did you compare him to Russell Wilson?

TimBone
12-01-2015, 12:53 AM
Its crunch time use them or lose they at the start of the new year. So I will sleep in get up go to Quik Trip get me a coffee and donut and observe dumbass es loose and free with there money. Probably see The Virus and wont even know it. Do you count your change?
Enjoy the time off. ThaVirus spends most of his time in Florida from what I gather, so probably won't be seeing him. Might see Clay, though. Wouldn't that be nice?

penbrook
12-01-2015, 12:58 AM
Everyone says our offense sucks but guys were tied for 5th in the NFL in scoring offense

srvy
12-01-2015, 12:58 AM
Enjoy the time off. ThaVirus spends most of his time in Florida from what I gather, so probably won't be seeing him. Might see Clay, though. Wouldn't that be nice?

Well Clay as far as I can tell doesnt venture out of a one mile radius of the Waldo area so I am safe. I tend to not venture within miles of that area. With his post count here and the Mane I dont think he leaves his house.

BryanBusby
12-01-2015, 01:00 AM
Wouldn't have shocked me if that mult thread about Trading Houston was him.
I'd bet money this is the case.

Dave Lane
12-01-2015, 01:01 AM

Its working ok for Alex

ModSocks
12-01-2015, 01:07 AM
LMAO @ all the people that can't handle personality.

ModSocks
12-01-2015, 01:08 AM
LMAO

Not even close.

Exactly. Kickers are still mostly white too! And Punters.

RealSNR
12-01-2015, 01:09 AM

So Tiki Barber's fumbling problem was because he had the concentration of a slug? How about all the passes that Jeremy Maclin has "dropped" this year? After all, THOSE PASSES HIT HIM IN THE HANDS HE GOTTA CATCH'EM ALL LET THE TOUCHDOWNIZARD GET AWAY CAN'T DO THAT!

I have no idea what you do for a living, but if you find your work challenging and somebody is struggling with a couple aspects of the job, would you tell them, "You have the concentration of a slug!" You have no fucking clue what Kelce could actually do to limit fumbles, and if you did know, I highly doubt any of them involve "just concentrate harder!"

stevieray
12-01-2015, 01:13 AM
And guard
And center
And tackle
And DL
and WRs
And LB
And Db

ThaVirus
12-01-2015, 01:15 AM
The WR position in the NFL is mostly white.

News to me...

stevieray
12-01-2015, 01:16 AM
For the generation supposedly over race, you guys can hardly go a day without it.

stevieray
12-01-2015, 01:17 AM
The WR position in the NFL is mostly white.

News to me...
most things are,

ThaVirus
12-01-2015, 01:17 AM
There's nothing inherently racist about noticing race and talking about it.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-01-2015, 01:19 AM
He has his own dance and that makes him a prick? :shake:

What's that make Emmanuel Sanders who dances after a first down? Or Kelce who will do a little dance after a big play sometimes? Cam is not a prick.

Cam isn't rubbing shit in. All really good teams have solid defenses. That's a silly argument. They went INTO Seattle and won this season. Tough place to win.

Seattle defense has taken a big hit with Smith and Maxwell gone. Pass defense is average after being top in the league. They're good, not close to great like they once were.

ThaVirus
12-01-2015, 01:19 AM
We were talking about it recently in another thread, I can't remember which, how the four top players in a league that's probably 80% black are white guys.

That's pretty cool.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-01-2015, 01:20 AM
Why did you compare him to Russell Wilson?

:eek:

But really...because Russell is an elite game manager and Cam is a fraud.

ThaVirus
12-01-2015, 01:21 AM
Cam Newton is a fraud LMAO

Add that to the list of BlackBobisms

BWillie
12-01-2015, 01:22 AM
I laugh when people get pissed at Cam. It's like people getting pissed about a bat flip in baseball.

People got pissed at Cam endzone dancing? I thought it was hilarious because the same defensive player who had sacked him and danced got all bent out of shape about it. Sports are fun. Embrace the joy. Revel the celebration. Im all for endzone celebrations. The 1sr down celebrations EVERY time are kind of silly but nothing to get bent out of shape over.

I think if ppl were bitching about Cam Newtons endzone dance it was more because hes a leader of the team, QB and a massively bigger star than Travis Kelce. Most ppl dont have any clue who Travis Kelce is.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-01-2015, 01:22 AM

Wrong.

RealSNR
12-01-2015, 01:24 AM
:eek:

But really...because Russell is an elite game manager and Cam is a fraud.

Why not compare Cam to Alex Smith or some other QB with wheels who's not a midget?

19now11
12-01-2015, 01:24 AM
We were talking about it recently in another thread, I can't remember which, how the four top players in a league that's probably 80% black are white guys.

That's pretty cool.

:hmmm:LMAO:thumb: ...... i mean..... fuck whitey!!!:bolt:

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-01-2015, 01:28 AM
Cam Newton is a fraud LMAO

Add that to the list of BlackBobisms

Chiefs went 9-0 recently, did you all actually believe our team was a legit contender after a new coach, QB, and a pile of toxic contracts still on the books? ROFL

Were you one of THOSE people who were all over Andrew luck's nuts because he put up Nick Folesque numbers on a bunch of garbage teams?

Your football assessment on CP is notoriously bad. I am not afraid to make bold statements as I make a lot of assessments based on my background with numbers, stats which has served me well in my education/work. You on the other hand take the safe side in arguments and lack anything original.

RealSNR
12-01-2015, 01:31 AM
Your football assessment on CP is notoriously bad. I am not afraid to make bold statements as I make a lot of assessments based on my background with numbers, stats which has served me well in my education/work. You on the other hand take the safe side in arguments and lack anything original.

Yep. It's Blackbob.

http://www.fedoras.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/dodgson.jpg

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-01-2015, 01:31 AM
Why not compare Cam to Alex Smith or some other QB with wheels who's not a midget?

RW is an elite game manager, Alex is Capable, Cam is average to fraud. Bridewater TBD.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-01-2015, 01:32 AM
Yep. It's Blackbob.

Don't start this again. You and that other imbecile are so paranoid about blackbob you need to see a psychologist.

ThaVirus
12-01-2015, 01:32 AM
Yep. It's Blackbob.

LMAO

IT IS!

Fuck me, he had me fooled for quite some time.

srvy
12-01-2015, 01:37 AM
So Tiki Barber's fumbling problem was because he had the concentration of a slug? How about all the passes that Jeremy Maclin has "dropped" this year? After all, THOSE PASSES HIT HIM IN THE HANDS HE GOTTA CATCH'EM ALL LET THE TOUCHDOWNIZARD GET AWAY CAN'T DO THAT!

I have no idea what you do for a living, but if you find your work challenging and somebody is struggling with a couple aspects of the job, would you tell them, "You have the concentration of a slug!" You have no fucking clue what Kelce could actually do to limit fumbles, and if you did know, I highly doubt any of them involve "just concentrate harder!"

:deevee: You mad bro? Those all caps you mad:)

ESPN interviews Barber after he had whipped his fumbleitus. He said it was a concentration problem. He didn't value the football as much as what move he was going to make. His running back coach convinced him to hold the ball higher to his chest and concentrate to keep it tight to his body. He even told Barber to not worry so much about shifting the ball away from the pursuit as more important to keep it tight. So concentrate.

Most receivers when have a bad game with drops flat out say they just didnt concentrate like they should have. Lance Allworth and Steve Largent widely known for having sticky hands and few drops had one thing in common. They both attribute there success to being able to focus and concentrate on the ball no matter what was occurring around them.

When you have to many things going through your head like what dance move you will use instead of the job at hand thats concentration or lack of.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-01-2015, 01:52 AM

By these do you mean people like Rob Parker who went on live TV and called RG3 not "down for the cause" and a "cornball brother"?

That was some crazy shit no else saw coming. Like Kanye calling out Dubya bush

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-01-2015, 01:57 AM

Was it you that was obsessed with finding blackbob and tried to pass him off as me a few months ago? God you are creepy. And stupid as ****.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-01-2015, 02:00 AM
Maybe because Cam is a QB and more professionalism is expected from a QB than a position player.

Common sense.

I wish more people on this board had it.

Brock
12-01-2015, 02:05 AM
And guard
And center
And tackle
And DL
and WRs
And LB
And Db

wtf

TimBone
12-01-2015, 03:41 AM
And guard
And center
And tackle
And DL
and WRs
And LB
And Db
lol...wtf?

TimBone
12-01-2015, 03:43 AM
:hmmm:LMAO:thumb: ...... i mean..... fuck whitey!!!:bolt:
You 49er fans are the worst. Just awful.

BryanBusby
12-01-2015, 03:47 AM
It's blackbob

TLO
12-01-2015, 04:14 AM
Let me just grab a seat in here.

:popcorn:

BryanBusby
12-01-2015, 04:26 AM
Was it you that was obsessed with finding blackbob and tried to pass him off as me a few months ago? God you are creepy. And stupid as ****.
Sup blackbob

beach tribe
12-01-2015, 06:16 AM

And that's the thread.

Red Dawg
12-01-2015, 06:20 AM
White privilege at it's finest

Lol. Damn right!

beach tribe
12-01-2015, 06:26 AM
Common sense.

I wish more people on this board had it.

Lol. That sounds funny when you say it.

chiefzilla1501
12-01-2015, 06:46 AM
By these do you mean people like Rob Parker who went on live TV and called RG3 not "down for the cause" and a "cornball brother"?

That was some crazy shit no else saw coming. Like Kanye calling out Dubya bush

No, Russell Wilson's teammates. The stereotype that qbs have to be polite and not showy is a ridiculous stereotype that basically demands that cam behave like previous successful qbs who are predominantly white. Or that a guy who runs into the end zone is going to celebrate in the same way as a guy who throws it into the end zone.

MotherfuckerJones
12-01-2015, 07:33 AM
Seattle defense has taken a big hit with Smith and Maxwell gone. Pass defense is average after being top in the league. They're good, not close to great like they once were.

Still a tough fucking place to win.

MotherfuckerJones
12-01-2015, 07:35 AM
Let me just grab a seat in here.

:popcorn:

Bring that PBJ in here cuz it's crazy

MotherfuckerJones
12-01-2015, 07:47 AM
Sup blackbob

It's slowly leaking out.

Buehler445
12-01-2015, 08:05 AM
ROFL @ This thread.

Deberg_1990
12-01-2015, 08:07 AM
I would very much like to see Peyton Manning 'hit the Quan'

BigRichard
12-01-2015, 08:13 AM
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/11/espn-robert-flores-first-take-kelce-dance-because-hes-not-black

Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton enraged many football fans by dancing on his opponents in the endzone during a stellar performance against the Titans, which led to a week-long discussion of Newton’s character. A few weeks later, nearly every college football coach in America is doing the very same dance to celebrate victories, and the general public seems to have moved on.

After catching a touchdown Sunday, Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce “hit the quan” in the endzone (quite impressively), but no one is questioning Kelce’s status as a role model the next day. ESPN anchor Robert Flores rhetorically asked why Kelce has been given a free pass by the media during an episode of SportsCenter Monday.

“Wondering why there’s no letters to the editor, or why First Take‘s not doing ‘Should Travis Kelce be dancing in the endzone?’ They didn’t. I wonder why they’re not doing that… oh because he’s not black.”

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">U da realest <a href="https://twitter.com/RoFloESPN">@RoFloESPN</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Dab?src=hash">#Dab</a> <a href="https://t.co/fPFPxlLVUp">pic.twitter.com/fPFPxlLVUp</a></p>&mdash; Dab Newton (@CainMcCoy) <a href="https://twitter.com/CainMcCoy/status/671384691879079936">November 30, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This reminds me of some show I saw where the guy goes out to see if people will be good citizens and he was pushing a racial tone on it(I can't think of the guy but I think he does it on Dateline or something like that). He had a black kid act like he was using tools to get a chain off a bicycle and then did the same thing with a white kid. The black kid had more people stopping him to try and prevent him from taking the bike. They used it to show some form of racism.

What they didn't point out was they used some scrawny black kid who weighed about 120 pounds wearing some baggy pants and a backward cap while the white guy was some bigger muscular white guy dressed in normal jeans and a tshirt if I recall correctly. It may be similar circumstances but it isn't the same. If you want it to be "proof" of something you have to have a little more than similar circumstances.

chiefzilla1501
12-01-2015, 08:31 AM
This reminds me of some show I saw where the guy goes out to see if people will be good citizens and he was pushing a racial tone on it(I can't think of the guy but I think he does it on Dateline or something like that). He had a black kid act like he was using tools to get a chain off a bicycle and then did the same thing with a white kid. The black kid had more people stopping him to try and prevent him from taking the bike. They used it to show some form of racism.

What they didn't point out was they used some scrawny black kid who weighed about 120 pounds wearing some baggy pants and a backward cap while the white guy was some bigger muscular white guy dressed in normal jeans and a tshirt if I recall correctly. It may be similar circumstances but it isn't the same. If you want it to be "proof" of something you have to have a little more than similar circumstances.

In this case you have two guys in football jerseys, both doing a touchdown dance. While I don't think the lack of outrage over kelce is racially motivated, the idea that qbs are held to a different standard has subtle racial undertones.

that qbs have to behave polite and rigid is a stereotype driven by a predominantly white position. People want cam to behave like Peyton or Montana. Why? Would anyone tell LeBron or ray Lewis, who are role models and considered outstanding leaders, to be "above it all"? Or can we acknowledge that there's a place for leaders to have some swagger if they want.

BigRichard
12-01-2015, 08:40 AM
In this case you have two guys in football jerseys, both doing a touchdown dance. While I don't think the lack of outrage over kelce is racially motivated, the idea that qbs are held to a different standard has subtle racial undertones.

that qbs have to behave polite and rigid is a stereotype driven by a predominantly white position. People want cam to behave like Peyton or Montana. Why? Would anyone tell LeBron or ray Lewis, who are role models and considered outstanding leaders, to be "above it all"? Or can we acknowledge that there's a place for leaders to have some swagger if they want.

Like I said, similar but not the same. Jersey and touchdown dance doesn't make it the same.

chiefzilla1501
12-01-2015, 09:00 AM
Like I said, similar but not the same. Jersey and touchdown dance doesn't make it the same.

They are a hell of a lot more similar than the example you provided. In this case, the lengths people are going to create differences is silly. The idea that cam should celebrate any differently than a wr or position player. The idea that ray Lewis is showing leadership by dancing, but cam should be above it all. The idea that Rodgers is celebrating in a classy way while cam is showboating.

These are all players, most leaders, celebrating in a cocky way. I'm sure the opposing teams don't get an extra level of mad because it's the QB celebrating.

Marcellus
12-01-2015, 11:06 AM
I think people are generally so suprised when they see a white man that can actually dance they are too shocked to be offended.

It's like seeing a unicorn in real life. Or a hot lesbian.

KC native
12-01-2015, 12:21 PM
LMAO @ black bob getting outed again.

Mr. Laz
12-01-2015, 12:50 PM
plenty of black players have danced and celebrated without complaint

Cam Newton is just a lightening rod for discussion

Rain Man
12-01-2015, 12:55 PM
They are a hell of a lot more similar than the example you provided. In this case, the lengths people are going to create differences is silly. The idea that cam should celebrate any differently than a wr or position player. The idea that ray Lewis is showing leadership by dancing, but cam should be above it all. The idea that Rodgers is celebrating in a classy way while cam is showboating.

These are all players, most leaders, celebrating in a cocky way. I'm sure the opposing teams don't get an extra level of mad because it's the QB celebrating.

If I was the commissioner, I would have suspended Ray Lewis for a full season every time he did that stupid pseudo-dance of his. It was offensive to anyone who enjoys dance, and particularly offensive to those who are anti-stabbing.

chiefzilla1501
12-01-2015, 01:01 PM

Cam is only a lightning rod because of the silly belief that qbs aren't supposed to showboat. But every other leader on an nfl team that's not a qb can do it as much as they want. Apparently.

gblowfish
12-01-2015, 01:05 PM
As far as Kelce goes, I'm just glad he scored.

Mr. Laz
12-01-2015, 01:09 PM
Cam is only a lightning rod because of the silly belief that qbs aren't supposed to showboat. But every other leader on an nfl team that's not a qb can do it as much as they want. Apparently.

The QB thing certainly is part of it.

I don't think people said much about Kapernick doing stuff like they do Newton

Rausch
12-01-2015, 01:11 PM

This.

Rain Man
12-01-2015, 01:36 PM

What in the name of holy Red Grange is that? And the kick at the end...what is that?

Indian Chief
12-01-2015, 01:45 PM
What in the name of holy Red Grange is that? And the kick at the end...what is that?

I'd call it genius.

MotherfuckerJones
12-01-2015, 01:57 PM

Truth is Cam is called out because he's Cam. Just like there was always drama at Auburn. It's not because he's black or any nonsense like that.