PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Football Outsiders: Chiefs best team in the NFL?

FringeNC
12-01-2015, 08:20 PM
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2015/week-12-dvoa-ratings

Chiefs 3rd overall for the season but 1st in the rating that weights recent games more heavily.

FlaChief58
12-01-2015, 08:22 PM
:facepalm:

Don Corlemahomes
12-01-2015, 08:24 PM
Oh come on! This is ridiculous.

Mile High Mania
12-01-2015, 08:25 PM
"... that doesn't necessarily mean that anybody at FO specifically believes Kansas City is better than Carolina. The Chiefs are probably getting a little bit of an unrealistic boost because they got to be the defense on the field when Peyton Manning suddenly became 120 years old ..."

Funny.

eDave
12-01-2015, 08:25 PM
I like how he says it's guesswork.

Vietnam58
12-01-2015, 08:26 PM
the Chiefs havent really beat anyone that good. .

maybe the most over hyped team

Pasta Little Brioni
12-01-2015, 08:26 PM
Aren't they top 5 in PPG scored and allowed?

FringeNC
12-01-2015, 08:28 PM
"... that doesn't necessarily mean that anybody at FO specifically believes Kansas City is better than Carolina. The Chiefs are probably getting a little bit of an unrealistic boost because they got to be the defense on the field when Peyton Manning suddenly became 120 years old ..."

Funny.

1st, 3rd...whatever...doesn't really matter what objective rating system we're talking about -- Chiefs are in top 5. Opening Vegas lines are based on similar metrics.

stevieray
12-01-2015, 08:29 PM

half the league is hovering at .500

not much hype except for a handful. of teams

Mile High Mania
12-01-2015, 08:30 PM
1st, 3rd...whatever...doesn't really matter what objective rating system we're talking about -- Chiefs are in top 5. Opening Vegas lines are based on similar metrics.

Top 5 what exactly? Teams in the AFC ... I can give you that, not in the NFL though.

Mile High Mania
12-01-2015, 08:31 PM

Yep, 14 teams over .500 with 7 sitting at 6-5.

DaneMcCloud
12-01-2015, 08:31 PM

Exactly.

The field is wide open. NE and Denver have issues, Cincy can't win a playoff game, the Steelers don't have a defense, the Colts are winning because of their 40 year old backup and Brian Hoyer is Brian Hoyer.

Anyone can win the AFC, including the Chiefs.

BossChief
12-01-2015, 08:33 PM
Over the last 6 weeks, Alex Smith also has the highest QBR in the NFL.

He is attacking defenses deep, intermediate and has continued to be effecient with the short passing game.

The defense has been kicking ass.

The running game has been dominant.

The line has been improving.

The depth has been performing nicely.

The DL might be the premier unit in the league and has been missing it's best player to injury lately.

The corners (outside of a couple hiccups) have been playing at a very high level.

By all intents and purposes, this team should kick a hole in every team left on our schedule.

FringeNC
12-01-2015, 08:34 PM
I like how he says it's guesswork.

ya think? It's not like Vegas or any other advanced stats system can predict the final score, but the Vegas point spread is an unbiased estimator. In other words, anything that has predictive power is in the line. The Chiefs are one of the very best teams in the league and if the anti-homers and bedwetters feel threatened by this, fuck 'em.

FringeNC
12-01-2015, 08:34 PM
Top 5 what exactly? Teams in the AFC ... I can give you that, not in the NFL though.

NFL

Mile High Mania
12-01-2015, 08:41 PM
NFL

Would be a fun debate, but I wouldn't buy it - top 8 or 9 without question.

Don Corlemahomes
12-01-2015, 08:41 PM
This board needs lithium

BryanBusby
12-01-2015, 08:42 PM
Depends on what metric.

They might be one of the most well-built complete rosters. NE would get the top spot, but KC is probably the best constructed roster after them.

Carolina is riding off a OPTY performance by Cam.

Saccopoo
12-01-2015, 08:43 PM
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/6/69852/4475609-lykgxpi.gif

Mile High Mania
12-01-2015, 08:44 PM
Cardinals, Seahawks, Panthers, Vikings, Bengals, Packers, Broncos, Patriots

All of those teams would and probably do rank higher than the Chiefs in nearly any ranking you will find. Hell, take Denver off the list... that's 7.

You can rationalize anything you like - look at it from a who wins on a neutral field and I can't see KC being favored too much vs those teams. Chiefs lost to the Vikings, Bengals, Packers and Broncos (split) on that list.

vailpass
12-01-2015, 08:46 PM

All of those teams would and probably do rank higher than the Chiefs in nearly any ranking you will find. Hell, take Denver off the list... that's 7.

You can rationalize anything you like - look at it from a who wins on a neutral field and I can't see KC being favored too much vs those teams.

Packers?

MotherfuckerJones
12-01-2015, 08:47 PM
Lol fuck these ratings. I'm over ratings. I want a playoff win. Just get me one and go from there. 6-5 team is not #3

FringeNC
Would be a fun debate, but I wouldn't buy it - top 8 or 9 without question.

Doesn't really matter. It's not as if there is likely to be a statistically significant difference between the ratings at the top anyway. There is no dominant team in the league (sorry, Panthers), and the Chiefs are in the cool-kids club at the top.

Mile High Mania
Packers?

Splitting hairs with a 7-4 team that already beat KC, really?

staylor26
12-01-2015, 08:48 PM

You can rationalize anything you like - look at it from a who wins on a neutral field and I can't see KC being favored too much vs those teams. Chiefs lost to the Vikings, Bengals, Packers and Broncos (split) on that list.

Chiefs are better than the Seahawks and Vikings at this point. Maybe the Packers too.

Mile High Mania
12-01-2015, 08:49 PM
Chiefs are better than the Seahawks and Vikings at this point. Maybe the Packers too.

I'm sure you think so... KC lost to two of them and SEA is a good team too.

staylor26
12-01-2015, 08:49 PM

Yea lets not factor in how much better the Chiefs have gotten since week 3, while the Packers got worse. The Lions went into GB and won just a couple weeks after we demolished them.

MotherfuckerJones
12-01-2015, 08:50 PM

As they should be. Better records and some best us.

BryanBusby
12-01-2015, 08:50 PM

Teams get better and worse as the season progresses.

Mind blowing concepts man.

MotherfuckerJones
12-01-2015, 08:52 PM

No. Vikings and Packers beat us. Can't put us ahead.

Mama Hip Rockets
SEA is a good team too.

They have the same record as the Chiefs.

vailpass

Not splitting hairs but the Pack are on a major slide...

staylor26
Teams get better and worse as the season progresses.

Mind blowing concepts man.

This is the same guy that disagreed that Sean Smith being out had a huge impact on our D to start the season.

MotherfuckerJones
12-01-2015, 08:53 PM
It's not who you play but when you play them

Mile High Mania
12-01-2015, 08:54 PM
Yea lets not factor in how much better the Chiefs have gotten since week 3, while the Packers got worse. The Lions went into GB and won just a couple weeks after we demolished them.

:rolleyes:

KC beat PIT with their 3rd QB @ Arrowhead
KC beat the pathetic Lions in London the week after mass firings
KC throttled DEN in DEN - solid win
KC beat SD in SD and they've been one of the most beat up teams this year with injury
KC beat a weak Bills team in Arrowhead with 2 late FGs

So, the win streak is nice, but is it a product of getting better or a better schedule?

BossChief
12-01-2015, 08:55 PM

KC beat SD in SD and they've been one of the most beat up teams this year with injury

So, the win streak is nice, but is it a product of getting better or a better schedule?

Both

stevieray
12-01-2015, 08:55 PM
..but it's supposed to be the brockdonkies.

the butthurt is strong in this thread.

Mama Hip Rockets
12-01-2015, 08:56 PM
the Chiefs havent really beat anyone that good.

Why do people keep saying this? They beat the Denver Broncos.

MotherfuckerJones
12-01-2015, 08:57 PM

Alex Smith had 2 passing TDs and Ware with a rushing TD. Ignore that why don't ya

Shaid
12-01-2015, 08:57 PM
We're definitely getting overhyped here. We've been playing well but we got spanked by a couple pretty decent teams.

notorious
12-01-2015, 08:58 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/dont_give_a_shit_morgan_freeman.gif

FringeNC
12-01-2015, 08:58 PM

Brockback Mountain Donks.

stevieray
12-01-2015, 08:59 PM
We're definitely getting overhyped here. We've been playing well but we got spanked by a couple pretty decent teams.
and?

shitty teams have spanked good teams. each game is different.

Mile High Mania
12-01-2015, 08:59 PM

Not here... I would put Denver top 5-6.

Why do people keep saying this? They beat the Denver Broncos.

I think it's a solid win, but many here think Denver should be a 4 or 5 win team.. so, by that rationale, it's not a big win. Right?

Both

Could be... but during that 1-5 stretch, that was the hellish portion. So, it makes sense that wins improve when the opponents get worse.

Alex Smith had 2 passing TDs and Ware with a rushing TD. Ignore that why don't ya

Not ignoring it...

Mile High Mania
12-01-2015, 09:00 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/dont_give_a_shit_morgan_freeman.gif

Perfect .gif

FringeNC
12-01-2015, 09:01 PM

hyped? Numbers are what they are. The numbers indicate that it just isn't our homer glasses -- this is one of the best teams in the league at this point.

MotherfuckerJones
Not here... I would put Denver top 5-6.

I think it's a solid win, but many here think Denver should be a 4 or 5 win team.. so, by that rationale, it's not a big win. Right?

Could be... but during that 1-5 stretch, that was the hellish portion. So, it makes sense that wins improve when the opponents get worse.

Not ignoring it...

You sure had to put the FGs part in and conveniently leave it out.

Mile High Mania
Not splitting hairs but the Pack are on a major slide...

That's fine... I wasn't suggesting they were worlds better.

Mile High Mania
12-01-2015, 09:02 PM
You sure had to put the FGs part in and conveniently leave it out.

I was just being an a$$hole. :D

Mama Hip Rockets
12-01-2015, 09:02 PM

I like how you point out Pittsburgh's and San Diego's injuries but not the fact that Jamaal Charles, Justin Houston, and multiple offensive and defensive linemen have been hurt for the Chiefs at some point during this stretch.

I also like how the Chiefs suck and the Seahawks are good and the Bills are weak even though they all had the same record going into last week.

MotherfuckerJones
12-01-2015, 09:04 PM
I was just being an a$$hole. :D

Btw, the Steeler game we were missing Jamaal Charles and Jeremy Maclin. That game was even.

MotherfuckerJones
12-01-2015, 09:04 PM
Like I've said, we get NO credit no matter who we beat.

Mile High Mania
12-01-2015, 09:06 PM
I like how you point out Pittsburgh's and San Diego's injuries but not the fact that Jamaal Charles, Justin Houston, and multiple offensive and defensive linemen have been hurt for the Chiefs at some point during this stretch.

I also like how the Chiefs suck and the Seahawks are good and the Bills are weak even though they all had the same record going into last week.

For starters, you have been 'plug and play' at RB with West and Ware, so you've lost nothing really. That's a bit different than starting your 3rd QB on the road at KC. Houston - you just lost him, right?

And, I never said Chiefs suck...

Mile High Mania
12-01-2015, 09:07 PM

I feel your pain, bro. Denver either is gifted a win by fluke turnovers, gifted by the refs or ... well, that about covers it. It's all good.

jspchief
12-01-2015, 09:07 PM
Top 5 in the AFC in scoring offense and defense.

eDave
12-01-2015, 09:08 PM

Win the whole motherfucking thing then I say. Bosschief's post is spot on IMO.

Chiefs=Champions
12-01-2015, 09:09 PM
An interesting part of that article, is just how good Mitch Morse has been. I wasn't thrilled with the pick, and neither was the majority of CP, but Dorsey nailed that selection. Lets hope he can play this week.

MotherfuckerJones
12-01-2015, 09:09 PM
I feel your pain, bro. Denver either is gifted a win by fluke turnovers, gifted by the refs or ... well, that about covers it. It's all good.

Oh fuck right off. Y'all get all the love from any win. Ya come on here and pound your chests like you're the fucking Steelers or something.

stevieray
12-01-2015, 09:10 PM
Injuries?? It took a decimated NE offense, a muffed punt and OT for the Donx to win at home.

Take away Sanders and Thomas, and Denver doesn't sniff a victory. Even without the normal shit ton of help from the refs at the end of the game.

MotherfuckerJones
12-01-2015, 09:11 PM
Win the whole mother****ing thing then I say. Bosschief's post is spot on IMO.

I agree. But mother****er when we spank the Pats or best the Seahawks last season or go into Denver and win convincingly this season I don't want to hear Bronco trolls discount our wins. We just beat Buffalo thanks to Alex Smith. But now, of course Buffalo is a shit team in their eyes.

MotherfuckerJones
12-01-2015, 09:13 PM
An interesting part of that article, is just how good Mitch Morse has been. I wasn't thrilled with the pick, and neither was the majority of CP, but Dorsey nailed that selection. Lets hope he can play this week.

Fisher and Morses development has been huge.

TinyEvel

They are 5th in PPG offense and 7th in PPG defense

TigeRRUppeRRcut

He is attacking defenses deep, intermediate and has continued to be effecient with the short passing game.

The DL might be the premier unit in the league and has been missing it's best player to injury lately.

The corners (outside of a couple hiccups) have been playing at a very high level.

By all intents and purposes, this team should kick a hole in every team left on our schedule.

Pretty much fact.

Mama Hip Rockets
For starters, you have been 'plug and play' at RB with West and Ware, so you've lost nothing really.

ROFL

West averaged 3.8 YPC. He is a huge downgrade vs. Jamaal Charles.

Spencer Ware has looked very good in his 36 carries. I think it's a little premature to say he's on the same level as Jamaal Charles, though.

staylor26
12-01-2015, 09:14 PM

The Chiefs have the greatest margin of victory in the league I believe, so we didn't just start winning when the schedule lightened up, we started dominating. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see why. We got Sean Smith back, eventually found somebody that could handle nickel duties, and made big changes on the offensive line. Since all those things happened we have gotten better every week.

Mile High Mania
Injuries?? It took a decimated NE offense, a muffed punt and OT for the Donx to win at home.

Take away Sanders and Thomas, and Denver doesn't sniff a victory. Even without the normal shit ton of help from the refs at the end of the game.

All true - except DT really did nothing on SNF. As I've said a few times today, people like to selectively use the injury thing ... it all evens out for the most part.

Oh **** right off. Y'all get all the love from any win. Ya come on here and pound your chests like you're the ****ing Steelers or something.

I was suggesting the feedback that comes from this place...

MotherfuckerJones
With everyone healthy, this is the best defensive line in the NFL without a doubt.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-01-2015, 09:15 PM

You are one ass hurt little mule aren't you?

Mile High Mania
12-01-2015, 09:16 PM
ROFL

West averaged 3.8 YPC. He is a huge downgrade vs. Jamaal Charles.

Spencer Ware has looked very good in his 36 carries. I think it's a little premature to say he's on the same level as Jamaal Charles, though.

I don't disagree with ya on the overall player vs player. I'm suggesting that when Charles went out, KC didn't fail to have a consistent ground game - it improved and the team started winning.

Mile High Mania
12-01-2015, 09:17 PM
You are one ass hurt little mule aren't you?

Ummm, no.

staylor26
With everyone healthy, this is the best defensive line in the NFL without a doubt.

Arguably the best front 7 period. Mauga is no longer a liability.

stevieray
All true - except DT really did nothing on SNF. As I've said a few times today, people like to selectively use the injury thing ... it all evens out for the most part.

No, If Denver was without their RB and two top WR's, and NE had Edleman and Amendola...let alone their RB..

not even a sniff.

MotherfuckerJones
For starters, you have been 'plug and play' at RB with West and Ware, so you've lost nothing really. That's a bit different than starting your 3rd QB on the road at KC. Houston - you just lost him, right?

And, I never said Chiefs suck...

It's still a downgrade from a the highest YPC RB ever. Charles is a special back. Was also missing a number one WR too.

staylor26
12-01-2015, 09:18 PM
I don't disagree with ya on the overall player vs player. I'm suggesting that when Charles went out, KC didn't fail to have a consistent ground game - it improved and the team started winning.

It improved because of the offensive line changes. The running game would be even better with Charles right now.

Mile High Mania
12-01-2015, 09:19 PM
It's still a downgrade from a the highest YPC RB ever. Charles is a special back. Was also missing a number one WR too.

Again, there's no denying the players are different... production didn't miss a beat though with West or Ware, maybe in the receptions part? I dunno, not looking at the stats.

Pasta Little Brioni
What a joke mania is...wow

MotherfuckerJones

It improved because of oline play, continuity there and more dedicated scheme to run the ball more.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-01-2015, 09:20 PM
Top 5 in the AFC in scoring offense and defense.

5th on offense
7th defense

In the entire league. But by all means keep whining.

Mile High Mania
12-01-2015, 09:22 PM
It improved because of oline play, continuity there and more dedicated scheme to run the ball more.

I'm sure that's part of it, but scheduling and as you said 'not who you play but when you play them' is huge.

During the 1-5 stretch, the combined Win/Loss of the opponents was 42-22
During the 5-0 stretch, the combined Win/Loss of the opponents is 27-28

Schedule got easier and KC did what a good team should do, win those games.

notorious
12-01-2015, 09:22 PM
Reid has been running the ball.

That is the difference.

Mama Hip Rockets
12-01-2015, 09:23 PM

I think the Chiefs probably would have beaten Chicago and Minnesota if Charles was playing, and we're probably talking about an 8-3 team instead of a 6-5 team. They had no running game whatsoever against the Vikings. I think you're selling Charles short, man.

Mile High Mania
12-01-2015, 09:26 PM
Reid has been running the ball.

That is the difference.

That is true... pound the rock with the RBs and get Kelce more involved. Strength of the team and as many here have said, it took losing Charles to really commit to that for some reason.

Mile High Mania
12-01-2015, 09:28 PM
I think the Chiefs probably would have beaten Chicago and Minnesota if Charles was playing, and we're probably talking about an 8-3 team instead of a 6-5 team. They had no running game whatsoever against the Vikings. I think you're selling Charles short, man.

Possibly, aside from the elite teams - which none really qualify as such now, most teams can point to two games they should have won and/or should have lost.

MotherfuckerJones
12-01-2015, 09:30 PM
I'm sure that's part of it, but scheduling and as you said 'not who you play but when you play them' is huge.

We also put up 30 points on the buffalo bills defense and 29 on the Denver Broncos defense. We lost against some good teams but were win those games let's not forget that.

Mile High Mania
12-01-2015, 09:33 PM
We also put up 30 points on the buffalo bills defense and 29 on the Denver Broncos defense. We lost against some good teams but were win those games let's not forget that.

Solid production, no doubt... the Jags put up 34 on them in a win.

I think KC has played well, hell to come back from 1-5 is monumental. Most teams would have left their souls in their locker and slept walk through the rest of the season.

Here's the deal, I think wins like that over the Bills will impress people more. The 'keep it close and win by FGs' isn't impressive. It works, but it doesn't paint that picture that the team is built for the long haul. That's my view, doesn't mean it's worth a damn.

FringeNC
12-01-2015, 09:36 PM
That is true... pound the rock with the RBs and get Kelce more involved. Strength of the team and as many here have said, it took losing Charles to really commit to that for some reason.

I just don't get it. You're not a Chiefs fan, so you have an excuse, the original poster doesn't The improvement is NOT because we are running the ball more. The turnaround has to do with much-improved defense and pass protection getting us leads, and then we run it a lot in the second half. Pretty much what every other NFL team does when winning.

Mile High Mania
12-01-2015, 09:39 PM
I just don't get it. You're not a Chiefs fan, so you have an excuse, the original poster doesn't The improvement is NOT because we are running the ball more. The turnaround has to do with much-improved defense and pass protection getting us leads, and then we run it a lot in the second half. Pretty much what every other NFL team does when winning.

I just see box scores and highlights, don't get the KC games often in Dallas.

MotherfuckerJones
12-01-2015, 09:41 PM
Solid production, no doubt... the Jags put up 34 on them in a win.

I think KC has played well, hell to come back from 1-5 is monumental. Most teams would have left their souls in their locker and slept walk through the rest of the season.

Here's the deal, I think wins like that over the Bills will impress people more. The 'keep it close and win by FGs' isn't impressive. It works, but it doesn't paint that picture that the team is built for the long haul. That's my view, doesn't mean it's worth a damn.

ROFL now we need to win by more points to impress? This isn't the ****ing NCAA. 29-0 in Denver was impressive. Then we let up garbage time TDs

We beat Buffalo by more than a FG
Beat you by more than a FG

GTFO

MotherfuckerJones
12-01-2015, 09:43 PM
Watch out MHM your inner Knomo is showing.

Mile High Mania
12-01-2015, 09:44 PM
ROFL now we need to win by more points to impress? This isn't the ****ing NCAA. 29-0 in Denver was impressive. Then we let up garbage time TDs

I guess that's one way to interpret it, but wasn't my intention.

Mile High Mania
12-01-2015, 09:47 PM
Watch out MHM your inner Knomo is showing.

Well, it's either one or the other. I try to be keep it civil and I'm the evil deceptive a-hole that is kicking you in the nuts while I'm telling you that your team is good. And, if I say 'screw it, let's just duke it out and talk a bunch of noise'... it's the other.

It is what it is. :grouphug:rochambeau

I think I'll go let my big noggin hit the pillow.

MotherfuckerJones
12-01-2015, 09:48 PM
I guess that's one way to interpret it, but wasn't my intention.

Well you're knocking us for beating them by 8 points like it was 20-12. You're just straight trolling now.

MotherfuckerJones
12-01-2015, 09:49 PM
Well, it's either one or the other. I try to be keep it civil and I'm the evil deceptive a-hole that is kicking you in the nuts while I'm telling you that your team is good. And, if I say 'screw it, let's just duke it out and talk a bunch of noise'... it's the other.

It is what it is. :grouphug:rochambeau

I think I'll go let my big noggin hit the pillow.

Stop talking shit like this the college football playoff then.

CoMoChief
12-01-2015, 09:49 PM
The Chiefs are good enough to beat the bad and mediocre teams in the NFL, but they're not in that upper tier of teams like CAR, NE, CIN, GB etc. Luckily their schedule and the way things have played out, they don't have to play a team w/ a winning record for the rest of the season. That's not their fault, that's the league the cards have fallen as the season's progressed.

But this team was demolished by Cincy and GB, both very good teams, although GB isn't playing as well as they should be right now, and their busted up which doesn't help their cause. But both teams being healthy, I think GB is the much better team, obviously because of the Rodgers factor. It kinda helps when you have the best QB in the league, makes things a little easier. I can't even imagine what Aaron Rodgers would do w/ this team, assuming KC brass/coaches/scouts invested in the Oline to protect him. Rodgers w/ KC would absolutely wreck havoc in the AFC. NE and CIN would be this teams' bitch.

But as it stands now Cincy would kick this team's ass. Sean Smith wouldn't have made that game earlier in the year, closer..that as just an asskicking. A horribly called offensive game plan. I think CIN is going to the SB (vs CAR) assuming neither team has any major injuries to important impact players. I just think right now those 2 teams are playing the best football in the NFL. Will it continue on? I guess only time will tell. CIN is not a great team when it's a big game, when there's a lot on the line. The difference this season is Dalton hasn't shit his pants like he has in seasons' past.

We all knew this team on paper was one of the best teams in the league from top to bottom. There were some question marks at some positions, but again on paper, this team has more probowlers/former probowlers and high impact players than most teams (Charles, Sherman, Kelce, Maclin, Grubbs, Morse, Bailey, Howard, Poe, Houston, DJ, Hali, Peters, Smith, Berry, Parker, and even Colquitt). That's 16 players, and that's not counting 1st overall pick Fisher who's finally starting to show some promise. Could use a good solid WR to take pressure off Maclin, but they should be kicking team's asses...that's what made the beginning so frustrating...esp those Denver, Chicago and Minnesota games. All 3 of those should have been wins had this team pulled their collective heads from their asses. That would make this team 9-2, owning the tie breaker over DEN for #3 seed, we'd be on track for a home playoff game and a division title. Denver beating NE Sunday night hurt bad. KC fans needed DEN to lose that game. There are still games left to play, KC still has a small chance at the division and a home playoff game. DEN still plays CIN and PIT and then OAK and SDx2...all of which could be losses. I'm not sold on Osweiler, just too small of a sample size at this point...still waiting for that moment where he implodes and turns into a pre-2015 Jay Cutler, though he's done enough to put DEN in position to win. And I think Denver will go back to Manning anyways which is dumb, but there will be pressure to do it. They'll have their own Grbac vs Gannon shit festival. Serves them right, fuck Denver.

Mile High Mania
12-01-2015, 09:50 PM
Well you're knocking us for beating them by 8 points like it was 20-12. You're just straight trolling now.

Not exactly, but with all the back and forth, I'm sure something was lost in translation. Enjoy.

stevieray
12-01-2015, 09:50 PM

it's where you play them too.

oh look
Bengals
Packers
Vikings...at home.

oh look
Bengals
Packers
Vikings..on the road.

One team had seven of the first ten away....and first three of four away against playoff teams

One team had six of the first ten away... with two of the first four at home against non playoff teams.

MotherfuckerJones
12-01-2015, 09:51 PM
Not exactly, but with all the back and forth, I'm sure something was lost in translation. Enjoy.

Like I said, I don't care about rankings and I've said what I think we are and were not ahead of teams that beat us. I'm just explaining the RB situation and that a win is a win. We're not here to impress a committee.

Mile High Mania
12-01-2015, 09:56 PM
it's where you play them too.

oh look
Bengals
Packers
Vikings...at home.

oh look
Bengals
Packers
Vikings..on the road.

One team had seven of the first ten away....and first three of four away against playoff teams

One team had six of the first ten away... with two of the first four at home against non playoff teams.

Schedules are predetermined by finish the year prior, complaining about them is futile.

The beauty about all those early road games, you get all those late home games... 7 vs 6 is monumental by the way and a grossly unfair advantage. Has there been a season in the last 15 years when you didn't complain about the calendar?

Both KC and DEN have 2 remaining road games and KC has the easier schedule, which they should considering DEN won the division last year.

MotherfuckerJones
12-01-2015, 09:57 PM
Schedules are predetermined by finish the year prior, complaining about them is futile.

The beauty about all those early road games, you get all those late home games... 7 vs 6 is monumental by the way and a grossly unfair advantage. Has there been a season in the last 15 years when you didn't complain about the calendar?

Still a legitimate argument. Your big wins all at home. Not knocking that just pointing it out. Since you want to nit pick our wins and how we win them.

And I knew knocking out all those road games would be nice for our back half of our schedule.

notorious
12-01-2015, 09:59 PM
Still a legitimate argument. Your big wins all at home. Not knocking that just pointing it out. Since you want to nit pick our wins and how we win them.

And I knew knocking out all those road games would be nice for our back half of our schedule.

THEY BEAT US ON THE ROAD.

THAT'S NOT A BIG WIN??!?!?!?!

:D

Mile High Mania
12-01-2015, 10:02 PM

Sure, that's fair - let's play. Guess we need to define 'big wins' as they have 9... they're playing the first place schedule against pretty much the same teams as KC, aside from 2. Denver got the Patriots at home, KC got the Bills. Broncos got @ Colts, Chiefs got @ Texans. (#1 and #2 matchups)

Denver is 4-1 on the road and 5-1 at home. They swept the NFC North (2 home/ 2 road) and so far are 2-0 vs the AFC North (2 remaining). Their two losses are to two 6-5 teams.

NE game was finally in Denver for a change. Sorry?

stevieray
12-01-2015, 10:03 PM

ya, real tough opening schedule for a playoff team, and easy schedule for the non playoff team.

ya, it's just a coincidence that the same good teams we play, yours are ALL at home, even NE...

My favorite part is the broncos only have one set of back to back road games, while chiefs had two... one three game if you want to count London. This happens pretty consistantly.

This isn't new, Bowlen's time on the scheduling committee has always reaped rewards...its why the Donks have the best home record( plus altitude)..but choke it all away, because it's built on sand.

RINGLEADER
12-01-2015, 10:04 PM

Both KC and DEN have 2 remaining road games and KC has the easier schedule, which they should considering DEN won the division last year.

Just two plays go the other way against the Bears and we would be staring at the 7-4 Chiefs on the heels of the 8-3 Broncos.

My concern isn't how the Chiefs have been playing, it is how they will play without Houston, Fisher, and Morse if they aren't ready to go on Sunday.

Squalor2
12-01-2015, 10:05 PM
football outsiders is a statistics/metric based site. but they try to have fun.

Mile High Mania
12-01-2015, 10:08 PM
ya, real tough opening schedule for a playoff team, and easy schedule for the non playoff team.

ya, it's just a coincidence that the same good teams we play, yours are ALL at home, even NE...

This isn't new, Bowlen's time on the scheduling committee has always reaped rewards...its why the Dons have the best home record( plus altitude)..but choke it all away, because it's built on sand.

You're such a whiny bitch sometimes.

NE game was in Denver for the first time in FOREVER. Den vs Patriots and KC vs Bills -- #1 and #2 matchups. Same with Colts and Texans, both road games. And, predetermined.

Again, was 1985 the last time you didn't whine about scheduling? Hell, the Lions were an 11 win team last year, they weren't supposed to suck this badly.

stevieray
12-01-2015, 10:11 PM

NE game was in Denver for the first time in FOREVER. Den vs Patriots and KC vs Bills -- #1 and #2 matchups. Same with Colts and Texans, both road games. And, predetermined.

Again, was 1985 the last time you didn't whine about scheduling? Hell, the Lions were an 11 win team last year, they weren't supposed to suck this badly.
this isn't about me.

there is no rebuttal.

DaFace
12-01-2015, 10:11 PM
While I appreciate that even the stats-based models are showing the Chiefs are good, the tortured fan in me just can't accept it. I'm almost expecting the loss this weekend because Chiefs.

Mile High Mania
12-01-2015, 10:12 PM
this isn't about me.

there is no rebuttal.

ROFL I think I'll let you and a few others stew on the conspiracy theories... if you buy into all that crap, I don't understand how you can enjoy watching the NFL.

MotherfuckerJones
12-01-2015, 10:13 PM

Ya I don't really care about schedules just the release show and how many prime time games we get or don't get.

Good teams can beat teams anywhere at any given time...can also lose too

MotherfuckerJones
12-01-2015, 10:15 PM
While I appreciate that even the stats-based models are showing the Chiefs are good, the tortured fan in me just can't accept it. I'm almost expecting the loss this weekend because Chiefs.

Me too, but it's more about the injuries for this game on the road. I wana see more of Moses in pass rushing downs.

MotherfuckerJones
12-01-2015, 10:16 PM
ROFL I think I'll let you and a few others stew on the conspiracy theories... if you buy into all that crap, I don't understand how you can enjoy watching the NFL.

Aww come on you don't like the weeezzz wazzzzz robbed?!

Mile High Mania
12-01-2015, 10:17 PM
Ya I don't really care about schedules just the release show and how many prime time games we get or don't get.

Good teams can beat teams anywhere at any given time...can also lose too

I just think scheduling is such a dead issue and such a waste of time to worry about. The schedules for 2016 are just waiting on the final finish for the most part to determine who plays where.

KC and Denver played on the road in 3 of the first 5 games this year... Detroit sucks and aren't going to hit the 11 win mark from 2014. That game looked better on paper.

KC played @ MIN, a 7 win team a year ago that is much better now.

Shit happens.

stevieray
12-01-2015, 10:19 PM

Still not about me.

No, it's blatantly obvious that the NFL plays favorites when it comes to scheduling...just a coinkydink its been the same teams in the playoffs for years.

The fact that the Chiefs could crawl out of a 1-5 hole, with THIS schedule, is exactly why this article was written.

Mile High Mania
12-01-2015, 10:22 PM
Take a look, you can see how it sets up through 2019... go get your tin foil.

Get this, the NFL knew that Carolina was going to be badass. Next season, Chiefs play @ CAR and freaking Denver, the current division winner... gets them IN DENVER!

WTH??? :#:cuss: How did they know?

http://www.fbschedules.com/nfl/denver-broncos.php

http://www.fbschedules.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs.php

Mav
12-01-2015, 10:35 PM

Denver?

MotherfuckerJones
12-01-2015, 10:36 PM
I'm glad we play in Carolina, Atlanta, and Jax next season because I get to go to all 3.

MotherfuckerJones
12-01-2015, 10:37 PM
Denver?

Noooope! Doesn't count because we were given the 29-0 lead.:D

Squalor2
12-01-2015, 10:37 PM

this is dumb. lol

Mav
12-01-2015, 10:38 PM
Noooope! Doesn't count because we were given the 29-0 lead.:D

Ahhh. Gotcha. Nice tarheel win though right?

MotherfuckerJones
12-01-2015, 10:39 PM
Ahhh. Gotcha. Nice tarheel win though right?

Awesome win! Paige is back. We're back.

frozenchief
12-01-2015, 10:56 PM
Reading through their various articles, they highlight Mitch Morse for Chiefs' running success against the middle. Makes Dorsey look all the smarter.

Denver's defense is ranked #1. Buffalo had a top 10 defense when we faced them. We have some holes and I am still not sold on Alex but our offense has faced some stiff competition this year and we have done better than anticipated. We also made Houston look like a whiny little tit-sucker. Detroit has looked better in the past few weeks and yet we just opened a can of whoop ass on them.

I've been a KC fan far too long to think that this will last but the last few weeks this team has looked like the team they were supposed to be. I also think that Dorsey's acumen has shone because there was a lot of bitching on this board about Morse and other OL members yet they've stepped up. Are we perfect? Hell no. Can we run with the Patriots? Might with their current injuries. But this team has a depth (OL, DL, RB) that has been sorely lacking. Even King Carl didn't put together a team this deep.

Squalor2
12-01-2015, 11:19 PM
i like this version of the chiefs.

TimBone
12-01-2015, 11:21 PM
This. Power rankings are stoooooopid.

TimBone
12-01-2015, 11:23 PM
Perfect .gif
Says the dude with the most posts in this thread......

MotherfuckerJones
12-01-2015, 11:36 PM
Says the dude with the most posts in this thread......

He just spent the entire thread trying to debunk everything we've done.

tk13
12-02-2015, 12:33 AM

The Chiefs actually had the best strength of victory in the AFC until the Broncos beat the Patriots the other night. That obviously gave them a huge boost.

The Chiefs also currently have played the toughest schedule in the entire NFL. That's going to take a hit these last few weeks, but still, it's not really accurate to say they haven't played or beat anyone.

Then again, I've said all along the NFL this season has been a giant pile of crap. There aren't that many good teams to even beat. Which is why the Chiefs actually have a chance. But statistically speaking no one really has more impressive numbers in these categories than KC.

MotherfuckerJones
12-02-2015, 12:54 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/around-the-nfl/0ap3000000591321/Around-the-NFL-Week-12-recap

You can skip to the 15:00 mark for Chiefs V Bills recap.

Gonzo
12-02-2015, 12:59 AM
"Knock Knock"

"Who's there?"

"The yearly delivery of pointless optimism."

"Fuck you, go Royals."

stumppy
12-02-2015, 01:14 AM
"Knock Knock"

"Who's there?"

"Fuck you, go Royals."

ROFL
Sooooo true. And I hate myself for it.

KC_Connection
12-02-2015, 01:34 AM
This isn't even that surprising. It really says more about how weak the NFL is right now than how good the Chiefs are. So wide open this year.

Aspengc8
12-02-2015, 06:19 AM

vs opponents with losing records, yes.

ChiTown
12-02-2015, 06:41 AM
"Knock Knock"

"Who's there?"

"Fuck you, go Royals."

LOL!!

Rep

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-02-2015, 07:08 AM

And Colquitt is the best punter in NFL history !

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-02-2015, 07:11 AM
As this season has evolved it has turned out the Chiefs had the toughest schedule the 1st half of the season and we came out of it 5-5 and gave away 3 of those losses.

Now the 2nd half has turned out to be the easiest schedule in the league.

The stars have aligned.

Mile High Mania
12-02-2015, 08:13 AM
He just spent the entire thread trying to debunk everything we've done.

It was a fun topic... I wasn't spewing blatant hate, outright lies or posting propaganda. I try to view these interactions as if we were sitting at a sports bar talking non-sense about football games. I think the commentary at times is fun...

MotherfuckerJones
12-02-2015, 08:16 AM
It was a fun topic... I wasn't spewing blatant hate, outright lies or posting propaganda. I try to view these interactions as if we were sitting at a sports bar talking non-sense about football games. I think the commentary at times is fun...

Certainly

Lzen
12-02-2015, 08:52 AM

And don't forget that the Chiefs were without their best CB for the first 3 games and also lost their nickel CB in game 3. Sutton's defense relies heavily on good man coverage.

MotherfuckerJones
12-02-2015, 09:15 AM
I don't count suspensions. I'm not going to use that in an argument. It's their fault for being suspended.

Mile High Mania
12-02-2015, 09:30 AM
If you just look back over the last 5 weeks, 15 teams have won 3+ games.

Over the last 5 games, here are your top 8 teams. I think there's a clear drop off from CIN/DEN to the others that have gone 3-2.

And, no this is not a ranking, just two groupings of teams over the last 5 weeks that have the best winning records.

Panthers 5-0
Cardinals 5-0
Chiefs 5-0
Patriots 4-1
Vikings 4-1
Seahawks 4-1
Bengals 3-2
Broncos 3-2
---
Redskins 3-2
Ravens 3-2
Colts 3-2
Jaguars 3-2
Bears 3-2
Lions 3-2
Bucs 3-2

Lzen
12-02-2015, 10:03 AM
I don't count suspensions. I'm not going to use that in an argument. It's their fault for being suspended.

I didn't mention that to whine about the losses. I mentioned that to help illustrate the difference in the defense since those games. This is a much better team right now and it's not simply due to playing a better schedule. I think the way this team is playing now would have beaten the Bears and Vikings and probably given GB and Cincy a run for their money.

MotherfuckerJones
12-02-2015, 11:58 AM
I didn't mention that to whine about the losses. I mentioned that to help illustrate the difference in the defense since those games. This is a much better team right now and it's not simply due to playing a better schedule. I think the way this team is playing now would have beaten the Bears and Vikings and probably given GB and Cincy a run for their money.

That's fine. I didn't mean to sound like I was calling you out. :)

Baby Lee
12-02-2015, 12:15 PM
This is intriguing territory, as it seems clear to me that the team's' fate lies squarely between their collective ears.

With a side order of injury report.

Makes for riveting television, if nothing else.