PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The last 5 games...

BossChief
12-01-2015, 08:53 PM
Each team left on our schedule has a terrible pass defense.

22nd SD
24th Balt
26th Cleveland
29th (we still play Oakland twice)

Should be lots of opportunities for Alex to close this year on a red hot streak and for this team to be the hottest in the NFL going into the postseason.

Urc Burry
12-01-2015, 09:05 PM
I'd be the perfect time to try and get a guy like Chris Conley more and more involved. Wish he could have pulled in that TD last week

Iconic
12-01-2015, 09:09 PM
Albert Wilson tho...

Rain Man
12-01-2015, 09:09 PM
This team is a gasoline-soaked pile of wood, and Alex Smith is the match.

The Franchise
12-01-2015, 09:44 PM
We're all setting ourselves up to be let down. This team always has one game where we're expected to win and we shit the bed.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-01-2015, 09:47 PM
What are the chances there will be a dwayne bowe sighting...

DaneMcCloud
12-01-2015, 09:48 PM
We're all setting ourselves up to be let down. This team always has one game where we're expected to win and we shit the bed.

10-6 will still be good enough for a playoff spot

DaneMcCloud
12-01-2015, 09:49 PM
What are the chances there will be a dwayne bowe sighting...

staylor26
12-01-2015, 09:49 PM

And we can afford to lose one.

MotherfuckerJones
12-01-2015, 09:53 PM
10-6 will still be good enough for a playoff spot

Hell with our tiebreakers 9-7 might.

eDave
12-01-2015, 09:54 PM

We've already lost that game.

MotherfuckerJones
12-01-2015, 09:55 PM
This passing offense is evolving at the right time...or peaking. Whichever you prefer.

We're gona find out how good this offense is and if they can exploit bad defenses.

BigRedChief
12-01-2015, 09:55 PM
We're all setting ourselves up to be let down. This team always has one game where we're expected to win and we shit the bed.I'm expecting a shit the bed performance. We have to many injuries. It's damn tough to win every week in the NFL no matter how good you are or how bad the team you are playing is.

I still think if Houston is healthy and ready to go on the road agaisnt Houston or Indy, we get our first playoff win in 22 years.

a pp roach
12-01-2015, 09:58 PM
We've already lost that game.

Yep
Bears

Rasputin
12-01-2015, 10:55 PM
Each team we face has a terrible pass defense. That balance out to our shitty quarterback so we should still be pounding the rock with Ware.

Psyko Tek
12-01-2015, 11:53 PM
Each team left on our schedule has a terrible pass defense.

22nd SD
24th Balt
26th Cleveland
29th (we still play Oakland twice)

Should be lots of opportunities for Alex to close this year on a red hot streak and for this team to be the hottest in the NFL going into the postseason.

I was fucking amazed at the throws attempted , and love the ones that connected, was andy calling that, WTF HAPPENED

Direckshun
12-02-2015, 12:04 AM
Here's a question for the folks expecting a letdown game:

How will you feel if we win all five?

MotherfuckerJones
12-02-2015, 12:12 AM
Here's a question for the folks expecting a letdown game:

How will you feel if we win all five?

You really need to ask a question you know the answer to?

Direckshun
12-02-2015, 12:17 AM
I don't expect a letdown game.

I feel like this team is exactly where they need to be mentally after being against the wall at 1-5.

They know they can't walk into wins, that they have to fight for it.

I don't think this team will let down at all. And I think they're going to be a very, very tough out in the playoffs.

Baby Lee
12-02-2015, 12:23 AM

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/20/ac/ea/20aceacb342156126b119571b49ae930.gif

Chiefs=Champions
12-02-2015, 04:22 AM
The trust in the oline by both reid and smith is the decisive factor imo. Smith has always been pretty passive in the pocket, but he's beginning to trust the personnel around him. If this keeps up, i have no reason to doubt alex's continued rise to an above average pocket passer.

milkman
12-02-2015, 05:44 AM
Each team we face has a terrible pass defense. That balance out to our shitty quarterback so we should still be pounding the rock with Ware.

The QB that has emerged over the course of this streak is not actually shitty, and seems to have grown with each week.

Can't know if this upward trend will continue, but if it does, this QB is actually pretty damn good.

YayMike
12-02-2015, 07:15 AM
The QB that has emerged over the course of this streak is not actually shitty, and seems to have grown with each week.

Can't know if this upward trend will continue, but if it does, this QB is actually pretty damn good.

I think its rather telling how Smith's upward trend started once Jamaal hurt and Andy was "forced" to run the ball more. The emergence of the run game has set up more Play Action where Smith is rather good, and can take a few chances downfield. His confidence has grown and that is the difference on the downfield throws. We can win with this version of Alex Smith

luv
12-02-2015, 10:15 AM

Is West still out?

staylor26
12-02-2015, 10:32 AM

This is why I respect the shit out of your opinions. Spot on.

MTG#10
12-02-2015, 10:36 AM
Im worried about Oakland the most. Our patchwork O-line will crumble against a heavy blitzing team. I'd be surprised if we have more than 250 total yards next week.

vailpass
12-02-2015, 10:40 AM
Contact extensions are inevitable for Smith and Reid...

RunKC
12-02-2015, 10:41 AM

Agree. The problem is Andy. He makes the dumbest playcalls, especially when we have the lead.

Andy should be banned from calling for passes on 3rd and short. 3rd and 1 and this motherfucker calls a pass to Kelce?

Spencer Ware or even Dontari Poe would give us a significantly higher chance of converting in that situation. But nooooooope! Andy gets a boner from passing all day no matter the situation.

milkman
12-02-2015, 10:44 AM
Agree. The problem is Andy. He makes the dumbest playcalls, especially when we have the lead.

Andy should be banned from calling for passes on 3rd and short. 3rd and 1 and this mother****er calls a pass to Kelce?

Spencer Ware or even Dontari Poe would give us a significantly higher chance of converting in that situation. But nooooooope! Andy gets a boner from passing all day no matter the situation.

I bet if you looked around the league that you'd find there's a large percentage passes thrown on 3rd and 1.

Baby Lee
12-02-2015, 10:45 AM
This is why I respect the shit out of your opinions. Spot on.

To be fair, he was comparing Alex's play to the worst bits of Cassel less than a week ago.

milkman
12-02-2015, 10:50 AM
To be fair, he was comparing Alex's play to the worst bits of Cassel less than a week ago.

Yes I was.

So the fuck what?

RunKC
12-02-2015, 10:50 AM
I bet if you looked around the league that you'd find there's a large percentage passes thrown on 3rd and 1.

it depends on how good their running game is.

If you have a good Power back then you should use him on 3rd and 1 99% of the time

milkman
12-02-2015, 10:52 AM
it depends on how good their running game is.

If you have a good Power back then you should use him on 3rd and 1 99% of the time

99% might be a little high, but I agree with the idea that you should pound it more often.

I am just pointing out that Andy Reid is not the only play caller guilty of this.

Baby Lee
12-02-2015, 10:55 AM
Yes I was.

So the fuck what?

Was it 'to' or 'be' or 'fair' that has you confused and angry?

milkman
12-02-2015, 10:57 AM
Was it 'to' or 'be' or 'fair' that has you confused and angry?

It's the dipshit avatar.

luv
12-02-2015, 11:00 AM
According to my fantasy stats on cbssports.com, West is listed as questionable this week. I would say that whether or not we pound the ball depends on whether or not West starts. If West is healthy, I assume he'll get the start and majority of play time. Of course, I could be wrong on that. :)

Baby Lee
12-02-2015, 11:05 AM
It's the dipshit avatar.

My bad, I meant to say 'You're right tiny Elvis, that's a big salt shaker. That's hilarious. Score one for the tiny E!!'

milkman
12-02-2015, 11:11 AM
I have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

I guess you think that since I talked about Alex Smith's past failings that I should not be recognizing his present growth.

That about sum it up?

Baby Lee
12-02-2015, 11:15 AM

I guess you think that since I talked about Alex Smith's past failings that I should not be recognizing his present growth.

That about sum it up?

Nah, I mostly think you need a larger, more regal chip on your shoulder. That puny chip you have now, where you lash out anytime someone is less than fawning, is inadequate for a man of your stature.

Maybe something with pit bulls and machine guns

;)

BossChief
12-02-2015, 03:39 PM
Some more interesting stuff on the last 5 games.

SD, Cleveland and Oakland (x2) are all bottom 7 in yards per carry allowed...Baltimore is the only good run defense we face till the playoffs.

SD gives up 4.9ypc (tied with NO for worst)
Cleveland allows 4.6 (tied for 5th worst)
Oakland allows 4.4 (tied for 7th worst)

We should run for 200+ yards on them.

Hopefully the OL holds up their end of the bargain.

Mr. Laz
12-02-2015, 06:54 PM
If the play calling continue to be more aggressive and less pussy, we have a chance.
If the Oline continues to hold their own, we have a better chance.
If Ware continues to run well and inspire the team with physical play, we have a even better chance.
If Alex Smith continues to improve, we win.

Same keys for just about every game we play since they are all tied together.

Our secondary still isn't good though.

Mav
12-02-2015, 08:49 PM

That about sum it up?

That's the problem with people. Situations change and my attitude towards those situations vary, yet people can't comprehend that.

Great point Milk.

Mr. Laz
12-02-2015, 09:16 PM

That about sum it up?
It's just that people were so vicious about his past failings. They didn't just bitch about his failings, they declared him the worse QB in history who would never do anything positive .... ever. Then they proceeded to declare anyone who didn't agree that Smith was the worse ever was a stupid pos.

You wonder why people give the haters so much shit after that?

changing your mind is fine, being so hostile and definitive about something before you change your mind is a bit annoying.

This entire board was a war zone turning every thread into a Alex Smith attack thread.

Buehler445
12-02-2015, 10:44 PM

I feel like this team is exactly where they need to be mentally after being against the wall at 1-5.

They know they can't walk into wins, that they have to fight for it.

I don't think this team will let down at all. And I think they're going to be a very, very tough out in the playoffs.

You haven't been a Chiefs fan long have you? You remember the Cleveland game in Vermiels last year? Derek Anderson is STILL making money off that game. We should have beat them by 60. Out of the playoffs.

As for how I'd feel if we win out? I will a thinking it will make the inevitable playoff loss hurt that much worse.

Look, I know I sound like a negative nancy but there is way too much history to overcome before I can believe. I know shit that happened 15 years ago doesn't have any bearing on 2015, but inexplicably it always happens the same way. The amount of talent, statistics, and regular season wins we have amassed over the years should have lent itself to a playoff win. It's almost a statistical impossibility that it hasn't. And yet here we sit, remembering fuzzy Montana years in which the game looked almost nothing like it does today. Rules, fads, personnel, coaches, front office dudes, and even the fucking owner changes and yet nothing really changes. I'm going to have to see it to believe it. The Indy meltdown used the last bit of hope for change I had left. Now I have to see it.

Psyko Tek
12-02-2015, 11:25 PM

which is more fun
being rifght and fucking up other peoples fun

or just fucking running with it when it feels good

the crash may or may not happen

does saying life sucks bring you joy?

saying
THE CHIEF ARE THE HOTTEST TEAM IN THE NFuckingL
GIVES ME JOY

it mybe temp, but right now I feel great about this