PDA

View Full Version : Football SI Cover tries to hype Brock Assweiler, shows Denver cheating instead

FloridaMan88
12-02-2015, 04:05 PM
Nice shot of Denver getting away with blatant holding on this week's SI cover:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CVJyAB7WEAQCzZh.jpg

Bowser
12-02-2015, 04:10 PM
#99 was leaning into the block. /Knowmo

alpha_omega
12-02-2015, 04:14 PM
Wow...that isn't just any ordinary hold...that's a super hold.

jd1020
12-02-2015, 04:16 PM
No way of knowing if thats a Broncos arm wrapped around that Patriots neck. It could be a teammate of his.

Rain Man
12-02-2015, 04:18 PM
They still make Sports Illustrated?

TomBarndtsTwin
12-02-2015, 04:19 PM
You mean you're not allowed to put the DE in a chokehold???

And, for the record, not accidental SI showed that hold in background . . . . . .

#NFLout2getDenver$$conspiracy /KnowMo

eDave
12-02-2015, 04:21 PM
No way of knowing if thats a Broncos arm wrapped around that Patriots neck. It could be a teammate of his.

You can see his orange sleeve.

Dumb comment even is sarcasm.

TEX
12-02-2015, 04:23 PM

:clap: ROFL Yep, and to think that earlier today, the Mile High Mule Tool was telling me how crazy I was for suggesting that folks were trying to HYPE Brock.

stevieray
12-02-2015, 04:28 PM
:clap: ROFL Yep, and to think that earlier today, the Mile High Mule Tool was telling me how crazy I was for suggesting that folks were trying to HYPE Brock.

(and the rest of the NFL)

LMAO

Prolly couldn't find a pic without someone cheating.

ghak99
12-02-2015, 04:30 PM
ROFL

Mile High Mania
12-02-2015, 04:31 PM
Let's see the play live... has to be on YouTube by now.

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-02-2015, 04:33 PM
Ohh the Irony. That's funny as shit. Fuckin cheaters !

Bowser
12-02-2015, 04:33 PM
Let's see the play live... has to be on YouTube by now.

So you want to see #99 actually taken to the ground, kicked in the head, and his wallet stolen?

Quesadilla Joe
12-02-2015, 04:35 PM
You can't determine if that's a hold or not from that pic. We need video. He could just be pushing #99 past Brock. You can't see if his left hand is grabbing or not.

MotherfuckerJones
12-02-2015, 04:36 PM
Ya he's pushing him with a chokehold ROFL

Radar Chief
12-02-2015, 04:36 PM
You mean you're not allowed to put the DE in a chokehold???

News to me. /Tamba Hali

12-02-2015, 04:37 PM
You can't determine if that's a hold or not from that pic. We need video. He could just be pushing #99 past Brock. You can't see if his left hand is grabbing or not.ROFLROFLROFL

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-02-2015, 04:38 PM
You can't determine if that's a hold or not from that pic. We need video. He could just be pushing #99 past Brock. You can't see if his left hand is grabbing or not.

If it's a donkey it's a cheatin chokehold bitch

Bowser
12-02-2015, 04:38 PM

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/517/111/fbd.jpg

Shaid
12-02-2015, 04:46 PM

ROFL We've seen it happen to Tamba (especially against Denver) often enough to have a pretty good idea.

ROYC75
12-02-2015, 04:47 PM

And right on time he is.....

jspchief
12-02-2015, 04:48 PM
Not holding.

MagicHef
12-02-2015, 04:51 PM
The play is at 2:31 in the 4th. It's Paradis blocking, and Easley does a rip move to try to get past him. Easley tries to push Paradis' arms up, that why the arm is on his neck. I'm no rules expert, but it looks like the "Rip Move" exception applies:

(1) When a defensive player is held by an offensive player during the following situations, offensive holding will not be called:

(i) if, during a defensive charge, a defensive player uses a “rip” technique that puts an offensive player in a position that would normally be holding.

Baby Lee
12-02-2015, 04:53 PM
ROFL We've seen it happen to Tamba (especially against Denver) often enough to have a pretty good idea.

I knew it wasn't Tamba, because the defender's helmet is still facing the right direction.

RINGLEADER
12-02-2015, 05:01 PM
Ok he beat two teams (and didn't pull out a win against KC) by completing 59% of his passes for an 84.8 passer rating. He has done enough to win two games but could have easily lost both. Personally, I don't get all the love.

DaFace
12-02-2015, 05:03 PM
Eh, I'd bet those types of holds are called less than 20% of the time.

eDave
12-02-2015, 05:04 PM
Ok he beat two teams (and didn't pull out a win against KC) by completing 59% of his passes for an 84.8 passer rating. He has done enough to win two games but could have easily lost both. Personally, I don't get all the love.

They are the KC Chiefs. Not the KC Smiths.

stevieray
12-02-2015, 05:04 PM
The play is at 2:31 in the 4th. It's Paradis blocking, and Easley does a rip move to try to get past him. Easley tries to push Paradis' arms up, that why the arm is on his neck. I'm no rules expert, but it looks like the "Rip Move" exception applies:

I usually push arms up with my bicep. Sounds reasonable

MagicHef
12-02-2015, 05:09 PM
I usually push arms up with my bicep. Sounds reasonable

He extended his arms under Paradis' arms and lifted them up. What would you like me to call it?

stevieray
12-02-2015, 05:13 PM
He extended his arms under Paradis' arms and lifted them up. What would you like me to call it?

Beating the block?

TEX
12-02-2015, 05:23 PM
Thread shows exactly what I hate the most about Denver fans - its a BLATENT offense - just call it what it is and MOVE THE **** ON! But they CAN'T do it. Just like Kube's saying Talib didn't poke anyone in the eye....ROFL

Years of playing by different rules, as the commissioner's pets, distorts any and all sense of fair play and reality.
Delusional cheaters and cheap shot artists beyond reproach...

DaFace
12-02-2015, 05:27 PM
Thread shows exactly what I hate the most about Denver fans - its a BLATENT offense - just call it what it is and MOVE THE **** ON! But they CAN'T do it. Just like Kube's saying Talib didn't poke anyone in the eye....ROFL

Years of playing by different rules, as the commissioner's pets, distorts any and all sense of fair play and reality.

It's really not that blatant. Von Miller gets clotheslined all the time - just like Tamba. They won't call it unless you really have them in a significant choke hold.

Mile High Mania
12-02-2015, 05:33 PM

I simply said that I'd like to see it live, not a still image. If he cheated, throw a flag... if they missed it, I'm sorry about that and I'll still call it a missed penalty.

stevieray
12-02-2015, 05:34 PM
It's really not that blatant. Von Miller gets clotheslined all the time - just like Tamba. They won't call it unless you really have them in a significant choke hold.

Daface getting lured over to the dark side.

Rainman might disown you over Von.

;)

jspchief
12-02-2015, 05:35 PM
It's literally exempted in the NFL rule book. Holds caused by a rip move won't be flagged.

People can argue the shortcomings of the rule, but as it stands it's called pretty evenly throughout the league.

Mile High Mania
12-02-2015, 05:39 PM
It's literally exempted in the NFL rule book. Holds caused by a rip move won't be flagged.

People can argue the shortcomings of the rule, but as it stands it's called pretty evenly throughout the league.

And there you have it, I suppose.

MagicHef
12-02-2015, 05:46 PM
I simply said that I'd like to see it live, not a still image. If he cheated, throw a flag... if they missed it, I'm sorry about that and I'll still call it a missed penalty.

It's Brock's 36 yard pass to Demaryius, there is probably a highlight online somewhere.

Chiefaholic
12-02-2015, 05:57 PM

You can get that screenshot on 90% of the time we blitze the blind side. I can guaran-*******-tee Tamba Hali has no less than 20 no calls against the Broncos alone.

DaFace
12-02-2015, 05:58 PM
It's Brock's 36 yard pass to Demaryius, there is probably a highlight online somewhere.

Assuming you're right, here it is. Not a great view of the "hold" though:
http://a.video.nfl.com/films/2015/NFL_COM/in-game-highlight/NFLCOM/REG/12/151129_bo_den_thomas_36_yard_catch_355941_3200k.mp4

Garcia Bronco
12-02-2015, 05:59 PM
As long as the defender is equal to the plane of the front of the defender then it's not holding.

DaFace
12-02-2015, 06:01 PM
You can get that screenshot on 90% of the time we blitze the blind side. I can guaran-*******-tee Tamba Hali has no less than 20 no calls against the Broncos alone.

That's because, most of the time, it's not a hold. If you force yourself to watch other teams' defenders, you'll see that similar stuff happens and is never called either. An arm across the chest is NOT a hold as long as they're not grabbing onto anything or in a blatant choke hold.

Trust me, I watch football games with Broncos fans and have had to convince them of the same thing.

Garcia Bronco
12-02-2015, 06:01 PM
Assuming you're right, here it is. Not a great view of the "hold" though:
http://a.video.nfl.com/films/2015/NFL_COM/in-game-highlight/NFLCOM/REG/12/151129_bo_den_thomas_36_yard_catch_355941_3200k.mp4

yeah...that's not holding. And that is the play on the SI cover

Baby Lee
12-02-2015, 06:07 PM

Heh, not much better, revealing a jersey hold and hands to face of 95.

Garcia Bronco
12-02-2015, 06:07 PM
That's because, most of the time, it's not a hold. If you force yourself to watch other teams' defenders, you'll see that similar stuff happens and is never called either. An arm across the chest is NOT a hold as long as they're not grabbing onto anything or in a blatant choke hold.

Trust me, I watch football games with Broncos fans and have had to convince them of the same thing.

Exactly. I used to go nuts when it would happen to Dummervil until someone reviewed with me and told me it's not holding

Garcia Bronco
12-02-2015, 06:09 PM
Heh, not much better, revealing a jersey hold and hands to face of 95.

different play and they aren't going to call that unless the head goes completely backwards and they see it. Refs miss stuff sometimes.

Beef Supreme
12-02-2015, 06:10 PM
As long as the defender is equal to the plane of the front of the defender then it's not holding.

The hypotenuse is equal to the sum of the squares of the other two sides.

If the glove don't fit, you must acquit.

Gravedigger
12-02-2015, 06:11 PM
I'm cool with it. SI curse, go get em boy!

Garcia Bronco
12-02-2015, 06:18 PM
The hypotenuse is equal to the sum of the squares of the other two sides.

If the glove don't fit, you must acquit.

LOL

Mile High Mania
12-02-2015, 06:28 PM
Good to know... never really knew that nuance of the rule. See, you learn things here all the time.

KChiefs1
12-02-2015, 09:18 PM
They still make Sports Illustrated?

Yes they do.
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/02/cd46b9455824565f5b2cc3036bee5bef.jpg

Toby Waller
12-02-2015, 09:22 PM
so what? its over.

the Pats arent making it to another SB anyway

Hammock Parties
12-02-2015, 09:23 PM
I'm glad we can laugh about the Broncos QB being on the cover of SI now...because I'm not sure we're going to be laughing about it next year.

hometeam
12-02-2015, 09:25 PM
I'm glad we can laugh about the Broncos QB being on the cover of SI now...because I'm not sure we're going to be laughing about it next year.

Osweiler means nothing

Hammock Parties
12-02-2015, 09:30 PM
Osweiler means nothing

If you say so. Guys like this don't grow on trees.

We're going to come to terms pretty quick with the fact that Denver and Oakland have young playmaking QBs and we don't...which is a really great thing for the future of this franchise for sure.

http://i.imgur.com/XPTIOrZ.gif

http://i.imgur.com/vB2QlnY.gif

jspchief
12-02-2015, 09:31 PM
Osweiler means nothing
If I had a dollar for every backup QB that looked good in his first few games ...

Mile High Mania
12-02-2015, 09:48 PM
If I had a dollar for every backup QB that looked good in his first few games ...

The odds don't support his cause in this scenario, for sure. If I read it correctly, only two other times in NFL history has a backup come in during a season for an injured starter and ultimately replace that QB as the starter for years to come.

1 - Brady supplanting Bledsoe
2 - Romo supplanting ... Bledsoe

Chief Northman
12-02-2015, 09:53 PM
I for one am waiting for the Archie Manning inquiry into the Broncos conspiracy to taint the legacy that is "Manning".

Get your popcorn ready for when the old man goes to the media about the QB situation in Denver and starts to trash KubiAk/Elway.

fan4ever
12-02-2015, 09:54 PM

He's new and shiny...

fan4ever
12-02-2015, 09:55 PM

Matt Cassell got a fat contract somewhere for looking good behind that all pro offensive line in New England.

Mile High Mania
12-02-2015, 10:01 PM
He's new and shiny...

I didn't read that article... but, my guess is mainly because of (a) the QB he replaced, (b) the team has won 2 games and is 9-2 and (c) they beat the previously undefeated Patriots on SNF.

Lots of hype and exposure and it's near playoff time... the NFL jumps all over stories like this one. If the Jags were winning consistently, then you'd see a lot more about Bortles and those guys too.

Matt Cassell got a fat contract somewhere for looking good behind that all pro offensive line in New England.

Well, Brock doesn't have that going for him...

FringeNC
12-02-2015, 10:06 PM
Well, Brock doesn't have that going for him...

Who needs one when holding rules don't apply?

Garcia Bronco
12-02-2015, 10:09 PM

Indeed

Mile High Mania
12-02-2015, 10:10 PM
Who needs one when holding rules don't apply?

I'd love to know how many missed holds you see in the next game, or counted in the last one... from both teams. Let me know.

It's my belief that calls like that are missed in every game, with every team. You're in the tin foil crowd, I guess.

TribalElder
12-02-2015, 10:14 PM
I'd love to know how many missed holds you see in the next game, or counted in the last one... from both teams. Let me know.

It's my belief that calls like that are missed in every game, with every team. You're in the tin foil crowd, I guess.

The refs made sure the donkeys won that game

Everyone saw it

Pathetic trying to build a brand on cock asswiper

Quesadilla Joe
12-02-2015, 11:08 PM
The refs made sure the donkeys won that game

Everyone saw it

Pathetic trying to build a brand on cock asswiper

Going into the NE game, Denver had played 5 consecutive quarters where the other team had ZERO penalties called against them. Why weren't the refs helping us before the NE game?

jspchief
12-02-2015, 11:36 PM
The odds don't support his cause in this scenario, for sure. If I read it correctly, only two other times in NFL history has a backup come in during a season for an injured starter and ultimately replace that QB as the starter for years to come.

1 - Brady supplanting Bledsoe
2 - Romo supplanting ... Bledsoe
Yeah. I'm not gonna go all out and claim he won't be good. But history has shown that we don't have a big enough sample size to get worked up about it yet.

Psyko Tek
12-03-2015, 12:36 AM
Going into the NE game, Denver had played 5 consecutive quarters where the other team had ZERO penalties called against them. Why weren't the refs helping us before the NE game?

rfs were getting their payback, years of no calls because manning, and Godel, yup they got some back

Baby Lee
12-03-2015, 01:54 AM
different play and they aren't going to call that unless the head goes completely backwards and they see it. Refs miss stuff sometimes.

Yeah, I know it's a different play, but the previous post referenced the 36-yarder to Thomas, so that's where I went in the NFL highlights, . . . and that's the still from that throw.

More irony, than reinforcing evidence regarding the initial picture.

stevieray
12-03-2015, 02:02 AM

We're going to come to terms pretty quick with the fact that Denver and Oakland have young playmaking QBs and we don't...which is a really great thing for the future of this franchise for sure.

Great coverage by Bartee..super hard throws.

Iczer
12-03-2015, 09:11 AM
Sorry, didn't read if this has been said or not. But this picture looks reminiscent of every game with Hali vs Clady. It's never called, and Clady does this shit all the time.

loochy
12-03-2015, 09:29 AM

paging Matt Flynn

KCCHIEFS27
12-03-2015, 09:36 AM
We're talking about a still picture here. The defender was going for a rip move, obviously. And it's quite possible that the arm didn't stay in that position for very long. I saw an article written by some schmuck that had the penalty going the other way. Saying that SI pushed back at all of the talk that the referees were in favor of the Broncos and this was the proof. That the Patriots player should have been penalized for defensive holding. Whatever. Again, it's a still picture of a football play. Give it up.

Quesadilla Joe
12-03-2015, 11:39 AM
paging Matt Flynn

Those weren't some random good throws he made over the course of the game. They were made with Denver trailing by 4, with 1 minute to go, against the undefeated, defending Super Bowl Champions*. Clutch play like that shows that Brock isn't just some guy, he's got the right stuff.

listopencil
12-03-2015, 11:45 AM
Man. Oz sure has some dead eyes in that pic. I see that he's growing the gunslinger 'stache as well. If it weren't for that Jazz Hands thing going on with his non throwing arm this would be a pretty sweet picture.

listopencil
12-03-2015, 11:46 AM
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/yc9RYLzCR5A/maxresdefault.jpg

Frosty
12-03-2015, 12:37 PM
Brock is doomed now that Clayhole is all over his nuts.

MotherfuckerJones
12-03-2015, 04:26 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000593225/article/qb-index-who-has-risen-fallen-since-week-1?campaign=fb-nf-sf16436945-sf16436945

Brock #24

:) :) :)

Mile High Mania
12-03-2015, 04:38 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000593225/article/qb-index-who-has-risen-fallen-since-week-1?campaign=fb-nf-sf16436945-sf16436945

Brock #24

:) :) :)

Only 8 more to surpass Alex.