PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Defensive Holding Call

staylor26
12-06-2015, 07:23 PM
That was the absolute worst bs call I have ever seen in my life. What the ****?

mdchiefsfan
12-06-2015, 07:24 PM
You just now decided to post this?

TimBone
12-06-2015, 07:27 PM
There were quite a few bad calls in this one.

I'm happy we won, because I want to discuss the hand to the QB's head penalty without it sounding like sour grapes. It's one of the most annoyingly bad calls the refs make, week after week.

I know it's in the rule book, and I know they have to call it, but the rule needs to be amended to where these ticky tacky calls aren't extending drives and changing game outcomes.

The one against DJ today was horrendous.

We've had the call in our favor in the past, and it's something I still hate seeing, even if we benefit.

GoShox
11 penalties on us, 4 on them. I knew it seemed lopsided during the game but I didn't know it was THAT bad

Someone said in the game thread that it was the same crew who did the Cardinals game last year. If so, I don't ever want them near one of our games again.

MotherfuckerJones
Still waiting to see why they called that on DJ

TLO
12-06-2015, 07:29 PM
Still waiting to see why they called that on DJ

No shit. That had me raging.

MotherfuckerJones
12-06-2015, 07:30 PM

I went fucking ape shit because now you can't celebrate when a play is done because you constantly look for flags. Bullshit.

MotherfuckerJones
12-06-2015, 07:30 PM
But fuck the referees PBJ PBJ

mdchiefsfan
12-06-2015, 07:31 PM
Butt fuck the referees PBJ PBJ

FYP

TimBone
12-06-2015, 07:31 PM
Wasn't that the point where Pete logged out of the game day chat as well?

Hahahahaha

It was too much for him to handle.

DaFace
12-06-2015, 07:35 PM
The infuriating thing is that the DJ call is probably actually correct in today's NFL. You basically can't touch the QB without risking a PF being called.

scho63
12-06-2015, 07:36 PM

He took the offensive lineman and just pulled him out of the gap for our blitzer. Rare call but that was a fair call, unlike a few others.

staylor26
12-06-2015, 07:37 PM
The infuriating thing is that the DJ call is probably actually correct in today's NFL. You basically can't touch the QB without risking a PF being called.

Exactly why I think this call was even worse.

KChiefs1
12-06-2015, 07:37 PM
Bullshit call just like the roughing the QB penalty on DJ.

staylor26
12-06-2015, 07:38 PM
He took the offensive lineman and just pulled him out of the gap for our blitzer. Rare call but that was a fair call, unlike a few others.

I didn't see it like that at all on the replay. It didn't look like the guard was fighting to get away. They both looked engaged.

kcpasco
12-06-2015, 07:38 PM
I would actually like to know what the ref saw. All NFL fans complain about calls and feel they got cheated but that was seriously a wtf call.

kcpasco
12-06-2015, 07:41 PM
Ya the DJ call was just a roll your eyes call but that's what the NFL has become. But the defensive holding call I seriously do not understand what was wrong.

milkman
12-06-2015, 07:42 PM
Yeah, I didn't see the hold.

O.city
12-06-2015, 07:43 PM
Justin smith made a living doing thag shit and it never got called

arrwheader
12-06-2015, 07:47 PM
It felt like the refs were trying to give that game to the raiders. I normally don't like saying things like that because well it's cliche when calls go against your team but god damn the roughing the passer call was basically a gift wrapped TD for them by the refs. The holding call was a serious wtf. It had no impact on the play what so ever I after the replay I didn't even see anything close to a hold. In a game were holds are called and sometimes not called its tough to see why they called that. There was nothing to go on with that call and it really makes you wonder. 11 calls vs 4 on them? If that's true then makes you wonder even more. Especially when we out penalty the raiders!

Spott
12-06-2015, 07:48 PM
Pretty lame officiating, but it makes the victory even sweeter. The defensive holding call was completely asine, though.

Lzen
12-06-2015, 07:49 PM

I'm happy we won, because I want to discuss the hand to the QB's head penalty without it sounding like sour grapes. It's one of the most annoyingly bad calls the refs make, week after week.

I know it's in the rule book, and I know they have to call it, but the rule needs to be amended to where these ticky tacky calls aren't extending drives and changing game outcomes.

We've had the call in our favor in the past, and it's something I still hate seeing, even if we benefit.

Yeah, that call was terrible. There were at least 2-3 shitty calls that went against the Chiefs in this game.

BigMeatballDave
12-06-2015, 07:54 PM

Yep. I was just about to post this.

notorious
12-06-2015, 08:02 PM
This team won going away even after being fucked with crucial, game-changing calls.

Getting better. There is no way past teams win after what happened today.

TimBone
12-06-2015, 08:07 PM
It is correct, and that's a problem.

rabblerouser
12-06-2015, 08:12 PM
Helluva gut check win to beat both the refs and the Raiders in Oakland

srvy
12-06-2015, 08:14 PM

Yeah seems like the could have a flagrant and non flagrant call on that.

tmax63
12-06-2015, 08:54 PM
I hesitated to bitch much about today's calls because I thought the Chiefs got a couple last week against the Bills. I'm just glad karma has evened without it costing today's game.

Bob Dole
12-06-2015, 10:14 PM
Bullshit call just like the breathing on the QB penalty on DJ.

FYP

Pasta Little Brioni
12-06-2015, 10:46 PM
The worst part was Alex got clubbed in the head by TWO faiders shortly after and no call.

wazu
12-06-2015, 10:59 PM

I heard the announcers say that, but as I looked on the replay I couldn't see it anywhere.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-06-2015, 11:00 PM
He was just standing there lol he did nothing

cdcox
12-06-2015, 11:06 PM
Yep. I was just about to post this.

On the replay I saw the OL blocking our DL and it was kind of a stand off with neither player moving very much. I didn't see much movement or leverage as you would expect with defensive holding. Did I miss something?

KCrockaholic
12-06-2015, 11:07 PM
I heard the announcers say that, but as I looked on the replay I couldn't see it anywhere.

Yeah there was no pulling or "holding" at all on the play from what I saw. And it's ok to move an offensive lineman for a blitzer as long as there's no pulling in the process. It was a completely tacky and made up call after a stop on 3rd down.

smith11
12-07-2015, 01:53 AM

aldon smith got a ton of sacks with justin smith doing ALOT more than Williams did

19now11
12-07-2015, 04:24 AM
I went ****ing ape shit because now you can't celebrate when a play is done because you constantly look for flags. Bullshit.

god last week when the 49ers had the cards on the ropes and sacked palmer on 3rd down giving them a chance to win:facepalm: no helmet to helmet or nothing.... roughing the passer. auto first down:facepalm: how the fuck do you rough a passer who has the ball? i dont even root for the 40whinners but fuck me runnen. cards go on to score. fuck the refs, fuck obamas america, fuck kaepernick, fuck clay, and fuck milkman.:banghead:

HemiEd
12-07-2015, 08:40 AM

It happened to Alex Smith on the very next series when the
Chiefs were backed up. No call.

petegz28
12-07-2015, 08:59 AM
The calls were pretty weak. What I thought was actually the worst play by the Refs was the no-call on a clear OPI that allowed the Raiders to score a TD.

TEX
12-07-2015, 10:05 AM

Yep. But was even worse was the TOTAL BS Roughing the Passer call that extended the Raiders drive and allowed them to score a TD on an OBVIOUS OPI instead of having to settle for 3. The game reminded me of the 49er & Cardinals games from last year where the Chiefs found themselves in an environment where everything was going against them - including made up BS. :cuss:

The way the Chiefs kept overcoming their own issues, and coming back and causing Raida to go Raida was impressive. Great win in a TOTAL SHIT HOLE STATIUM on a TOTAL SHIT FIELD.

TimBone
12-07-2015, 11:06 AM
It happened to Alex Smith on the very next series when the
Chiefs were backed up. No call.
Yeah, a few of us mentioned it in chat. TBH, I don't want it called at all.

Halfcan
12-07-2015, 12:27 PM
Last week- Cheating Donk player leaves the ground in a vicious late helmet to helmet hit on Tom Brady in front of the ref. No flag.

DJ tries to keep Carr from falling down and gets a roughing the passer?? That has to be the weakest hit for roughing the passer in the history of the NFL. Horrible call. How can you be roughing someone up when you are grabbing them so they will not fall backwards?