PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Realistic view on Chiefs/Chargers appreciated

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-07-2015, 02:25 PM
Apparently the odds makers really like us in this next game. According to http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/odds/ , we opened at -7.5 and now are anywhere from -10 to -11.5 favorites.

I'm not quite convinced that we should be 10 point favorites at this point and time.

So, am I being overly pessimistic or are the Chargers REALLY that bad?

:hmmm:

eDave
12-07-2015, 02:26 PM
We are going to kill them.

ModSocks
12-07-2015, 02:28 PM
They're going to be starting a WR that they plucked off their practice squad a few weeks ago. Their other WR is 34 years old with a bad shoulder and wasn't much to begin with.

Their O-line is a wreck and they look like the most apathetic team in the league right now.

The Chargers are done. They're Phillip Rivers and literally nothing else.

Bowser
12-07-2015, 02:28 PM
Their defense is terribad, but Phillip Rivers just keeps chugging along. He single handedly keeps them in games (terrible example considering what happened when we last played them, but still). I could see this being a 28-24 type of game.

ModSocks
12-07-2015, 02:30 PM
Their defense is terribad, but Phillip Rivers just keeps chugging along. He single handedly keeps them in games (terrible example considering what happened when we last played them, but still). I could see this being a 28-24 type of game.

Their last two home games they've been outscored 50-6.

Rivers' supporting cast is so bad that not even he is enough. Gordon fumbled twice on Sunday and was benched AGAIN. Stevie Johnson is out....and now their 4th string WR that was starting is now out too.

I have a very, very hard time seeing this team putting up 24 points.

The Franchise

I think we beat them by 14. Rivers is down to Malcom Floyd, Antonio Gates (not 100%) and that's pretty much it. We won't need Houston for this game because Hali and even Ford should feast on this offensive line.

ThaVirus
Flowers left the stadium yesterday in a walking boot and Inman, who is already like their 8th string WR, got banged up as well.

If we don't beat these fucks by 2 scores I'll be highly disappointed.

5-1 in the division is a must.

-King-
12-07-2015, 02:31 PM
I predict Chase Daniel will get some playing time. I don't see it being close at all heading into the 4th quarter.

ModSocks
12-07-2015, 02:32 PM
There isn't a team in the league as down trodden and mentally/physically finished as the Chargers.

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-07-2015, 02:32 PM
Tarp Game !

ModSocks
12-07-2015, 02:33 PM
Flowers left the stadium yesterday in a walking boot and Inman, who is already like their 8th string WR, got banged up as well.

If we don't beat these ****s by 2 scores I'll be highly disappointed.

I predict Chase Daniel will get some playing time. I don't see it being close at all heading into the 4th quarter.

It's still a division game and anything can happen but...yeah the Chargers are a mess.

alpha_omega
12-07-2015, 02:33 PM
10.5-11.5 is a lot for a division game regardless of their suckage factor.

Hydrae
12-07-2015, 02:44 PM
We beat them by what, 30 in their place? I am not at all surprised with the 10 points in the spread.

Plus the Chiefs are becoming a fashionable pick. It is like the public has faith in us or something. :)

sd4chiefs
12-07-2015, 02:58 PM
I predict that Rivers will throw his 6th pick six of the season and spend a lot of time walking around crying like a big baby.

O.city
12-07-2015, 03:00 PM
They should have pushed to trade rivers to Tennessee and drafted mariota snd just started over.

Yeah, they've had a ton of injuries, but damn

staylor26
12-07-2015, 03:05 PM
They should have pushed to trade rivers to Tennessee and drafted mariota snd just started over.

Yeah, they've had a ton of injuries, but damn

Exactly. Rivers is great, but with his age and the lack of talent on the entire roster they wasted a golden opportunity to start fresh and rebuild.

O.city
12-07-2015, 03:07 PM
I think k rivers is criminally underrated here, but he's probably done. Just to much to overcome and they look like a team that's quit.

The Chiefs need to come out and get up 10 quick, then just cruise

ModSocks
12-07-2015, 03:09 PM

If we don't beat these ****s by 2 scores I'll be highly disappointed.

I think k rivers is criminally underrated here, but he's probably done. Just to much to overcome and they look like a team that's quit.

Rivers is having one of his best statistical seasons of his career. As a team...they're done though.

DaneMcCloud
12-07-2015, 03:09 PM
The Chargers are the worst team in the NFL.

They scored 3 points against Denver and 3 points against the Chiefs, at home, in a 30 point loss.

This game shouldn't even be close.

O.city
12-07-2015, 03:11 PM
Rivers is having one of his best statistical seasons of his career. As a team...they're done though.

He was good early, but hasn't been lately.

Of course he's having to make chicken salad though

Halfcan
12-07-2015, 03:11 PM
Walter football probably has us losing 38 - 6 like last time.

luv
12-07-2015, 03:18 PM
We beat them by what, 30 in their place? I am not at all surprised with the 10 points in the spread.

Plus the Chiefs are becoming a fashionable pick. It is like the public has faith in us or something. :)

That always scares me for some reason. Anytime the media starts praising us at all, I think to myself, "Please don't. You'll jinx us!"

Mile High Mania
12-07-2015, 03:19 PM
If you watch all 3 hours and however many minutes of this game... just remember, that's time you will never get back.

Chiefs should roll vs SD in Arrowhead.

Funny how our teams flip opponents and venues this week.

KC beats OAK, 34-20 in OAK.
DEN beats SD, 17-3 in SD.

luv
12-07-2015, 03:21 PM

That tends to be what Andy does anyway. Once we're up a couple of scores, he starts calling plays as though we're simply playing not to lose.....and then we end up losing. Keep your foot on the pedal.

Mr. Laz
12-07-2015, 03:24 PM
Houston and Hali killed their tackles last time and just destroy everything they tried to do

If Houston doesn't play it could be closer

ModSocks
12-07-2015, 03:29 PM
Houston and Hali killed their tackles last time and just destroy everything they tried to do

Chargers were also healthier and just came off a bye.

Red Dawg
12-07-2015, 03:30 PM
There isn't a team in the league as down trodden and mentally/physically finished as the Chargers.

Oh yes their is. The Pats are sooo beat up Brady has nobody on his team left. The media says this every five minutes. That's why they are 10-2 and Brady has only thrown 30 td's. Their OL is beat up and their WR's all suck.

DaFace
12-07-2015, 03:37 PM

I'm confident enough in this game that I'd be fine with resting Houston another week if he needs it. Even if we were to somehow lose, we'd still have around an 85% chance of making the playoffs.

sd4chiefs
12-07-2015, 03:39 PM
It has really gotten bad in Charger land.

Chargers’ lack of hardness difficult to watch.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2015/dec/07/offensive-line-indicative-of-chargers-lack-of/

It was bad enough they couldn't keep him standing. It was worse that they wouldn't stand up for him.

Philip Rivers got a pass off and was driven to the ground by Denver Broncos linebacker Von Miller at the end of a long day Sunday. Rivers immediately grabbed Miller and asked why he had put his helmet into Rivers’ chest. The Chargers quarterback continued to bark, virtually helmet to helmet with Miller as they walked toward the line of scrimmage. They separated and then Rivers charged in again.

And the Chargers linemen watched.

I’ve never been an offensive lineman, but I know a few. In particular, I know the guys who used to protect Rivers – actually protect him – would have been between their quarterback and the bigger man on the other team.

TLO
12-07-2015, 03:41 PM
Chargers have completely mailed it in.

ModSocks
12-07-2015, 03:44 PM

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2015/dec/07/offensive-line-indicative-of-chargers-lack-of/

It was bad enough they couldn't keep him standing. It was worse that they wouldn't stand up for him.

Philip Rivers got a pass off and was driven to the ground by Denver Broncos linebacker Von Miller at the end of a long day Sunday. Rivers immediately grabbed Miller and asked why he had put his helmet into Rivers’ chest. The Chargers quarterback continued to bark, virtually helmet to helmet with Miller as they walked toward the line of scrimmage. They separated and then Rivers charged in again.

I’ve never been an offensive lineman, but I know a few. In particular, I know the guys who used to protect Rivers – actually protect him – would have been between their quarterback and the bigger man on the other team.

San Diego media has been harping about this since last night.

Halfcan
12-07-2015, 03:46 PM
San Diego media has been harping about this since last night.

Imagine that- Von the D bag with a late hit on the QB. Such a pos!

ModSocks
12-07-2015, 03:51 PM

Not about a late hit, it's about the fact that he led with his helmet on the sack, and more importantly, no one stood up for Rivers with Von-Dbag in his grill.

Essentially, the Chargers got bullied and didn't even have the fortitude to stand up for their QB, seemingly the last guy on that team that's still fighting.

Mile High Mania
12-07-2015, 03:51 PM

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch the full game, so I don't think I've seen that hit. I was driving and believe I heard them talking about it, but not about it being a dirty hit - just more of a frustrated Rivers.

I dunno. If anyone has a link to the hit, share it... let's see if he's warranted or just whining.

Not about a late hit, it's about the fact that he led with his helmet on the sack, and more importantly, no one stood up for Rivers with Von-Dbag in his grill.

Essentially, the Chargers got bullied and didn't even have the fortitude to stand up for their QB, seemingly the last guy on that team that's still fighting.

I'll try to find it... there's leading with the helmet in a bad way and then there's just getting smashed and it might look like it because when guys tackle, their heads kinda lead the way. Von Miller has the history though, so maybe it's a legit gripe here.

MTG#10
12-07-2015, 03:53 PM
While I'll admit he's a big crybaby bitch for some reason I cant get myself to hate the guy like other division rival QB's. In his younger days yes, but for the past several years Rivers seems to be a decent guy and actually pretty hilarious.

ModSocks
12-07-2015, 03:53 PM
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch the full game, so I don't think I've seen that hit. I was driving and believe I heard them talking about it, but not about it being a dirty hit - just more of a frustrated Rivers.

I dunno. If anyone has a link to the hit, share it... let's see if he's warranted or just whining.

It wasn't a late hit. It was a sack where Von-dbag led with his helmet into Rivers' chest.

The complaint isn't even about the Donks. It's about the Chargers' lack of agressivness and the fact that they can't stand up and defend Rivers. It's an article attacking the Chargers' character.

Mile High Mania
12-07-2015, 03:55 PM
It wasn't a late hit. It was a sack where Von-dbag led with his helmet into Rivers' chest.

The complaint isn't even about the Donks. It's about the Chargers' lack of agressivness and the fact that they can't stand up and defend Rivers. It's an article attacking the Chargers' character.

I read something where Rivers was commenting on that ... think it was related to all the Denver jerseys in the stadium. You can tell that he and the team, they're not just beat up - I think they're done with the apathy of the fans.

Rivers is a gamer - would be a hell of a player on a better team. I thought he was a punk back when they were cocky, winning the division and taunting Cutler... but, I don't hate the guy. It's hard to hate players that pretty much do things the right way and wear their heart on their sleeve. Rivers is going to give you everything he's got. What's not to like?

ModSocks
12-07-2015, 04:01 PM
I read something where Rivers was commenting on that ... think it was related to all the Denver jerseys in the stadium. You can tell that he and the team, they're not just beat up - I think they're done with the apathy of the fans.

Rivers is a gamer - would be a hell of a player on a better team. I thought he was a punk back when they were cocky, winning the division and taunting Cutler... but, I don't hate the guy. It's hard to hate players that pretty much do things the right way and wear their heart on their sleeve. Rivers is going to give you everything he's got. What's not to like?

Of course the fans are apathetic. They've been told all year by the Chargers that they're not wanted and that the team doesn't want to be here. The Chargers won't even sit down and discuss a stadium proposal with the City.

The Chargers spokesman was actually quoted a few months ago, in regards to San Diego as "STUCK in San Diego".

Last week, Roger Goodell pretty much told SD that the Chargers are moving. It's unofficially official, this is their last season in San Diego.

And then on top of that, this shit team has won 3 games.

Apathy should be expected.

This team is dooooone. This whole city, team included, have checked out, packed their shit and are awaiting their move to L.A.

ModSocks
12-07-2015, 04:03 PM
I've spent my whole life in this city and this is lowest i've ever seen it. This is worse than the Ryan Leaf era.

This might be the worst season in Charger history.

eDave
12-07-2015, 04:05 PM
I've spent my whole life in this city and this is lowest i've ever seen it. This is worse than the Ryan Leaf era.

Yea. Kinda hard to put a good team together with all that noise going on. Feel for Rivers. The man just wants to win and have kids.

Mile High Mania
12-07-2015, 04:06 PM

Yeah, they've been 'blah' since 2010.

They seem to always do enough late to be seen as competitive and almost there, winning 3 of 4 of their final games to be at or over .500 from 2010-2013... they lost 3 of 4 last year and this year, total bag of puke.

mr. tegu
12-07-2015, 04:08 PM
We will probably only end up with 27 or 31 points or something in that range. And I say only because we will likely have that by the third quarter. Both teams will be playing out the string in the fourth quarter and the game will end in the 31-10 range and that score is closer than the game will actually be.

FlaChief58
12-07-2015, 04:10 PM
Division games always scare me.

I think the Chiefs win a nailbiter 34-28

ModSocks
12-07-2015, 04:10 PM
Yeah, they've been 'blah' since 2010.

They seem to always do enough late to be seen as competitive and almost there, winning 3 of 4 of their final games to be at or over .500 from 2010-2013... they lost 3 of 4 last year and this year, total bag of puke.

It's about more than their play on the field though. It's about the way ownership has treated this fan base this year.

They couldn't be any more clear that they don't give two fucks about their last 55 years here and the fan base.

They want L.A and the $$$$ that comes with it. Zero fucks about this fan base down here and it showed on Sunday.

All those Donkey fans didn't get those tickets without Charger fans selling them...

eDave
12-07-2015, 04:12 PM

The only way this is close is if we screw up big time.

ModSocks
12-07-2015, 04:14 PM
They went on the radio and said their motivation for going to L.A was to protect the "25% of their ticket holders from the Orange County Market"

If that's not a slap in the face to the other 75% from San Diego, then i don't know what is.

And then to cuddle up with their #1 nemesis, the Raiders, on a stadium deal to go their most rivaled city, L.A?

LMAO

That's a big ****ing middle finger to their fan base. Oh...and have a 3 win season on the way out.

RINGLEADER
12-07-2015, 04:20 PM
The fact that the Broncos could only score 10 offensive points shows that they have some fight -- if not players. Or it could be further evidence that the Broncos are way below average on offense and primed to fall hard in the playoffs.

Would love to march through Indy, Denver, and Cincy on a revenge tour when we make it into the playoffs.

Just gotta keep winning...beginning with the Chargers.

TLO
12-07-2015, 04:21 PM

If we give up 28 points to the Chargers we might as well pack it up and hope for better things next year.

ModSocks
12-07-2015, 04:21 PM
The fact that the Broncos could only score 10 offensive points shows that they have some fight -- if not players. Or it could be further evidence that the Broncos are way below average on offense and primed to fall hard in the playoffs.

Would love to march through Indy, Denver, and Cincy on a revenge tour when we make it into the playoffs.

Just gotta keep winning...beginning with the Chargers.

From all accounts, the overall feeling was that the Broncos took their foot off the gas in the 2nd half.

Pablo
12-07-2015, 04:22 PM
The Chiefs are going to fuck Phil so hard that his wife will get pregnant with their 9th child by proxy.

And it will come out looking like Tamba.

They're just not a good team in any sense of the word from what I've watched.

TLO
12-07-2015, 04:23 PM
The Chiefs are going to **** Phil so hard that his wife will get pregnant with their 9th child by proxy.

And it will come out looking like Tamba.

They're just not a good team in any sense of the word from what I've watched.

:drool:

RINGLEADER
12-07-2015, 04:29 PM
From all accounts, the overall feeling was that the Broncos took their foot off the gas in the 2nd half.

Meh.

Outside of one game (Chicago) Brock is a picture-perfect average quarterback with a 57.6% completion percentage, 3 TDs, and 3 INTs for a pedestrian 73.73 passer rating. The defense has been strong for Denver in every game except against teams that can, you know, actually score points (KC twice, Indy, NE).

DaneMcCloud
12-07-2015, 04:30 PM

What? The Chiefs beat San Diego, IN SAN DIEGO, 33-3 a few weeks ago.

They just lost to the Broncos yesterday 17-3.

And now they're going to score 28, at Arrowhead?

What the hell are you smokin'?

MotherfuckerJones
12-07-2015, 04:34 PM
Please explain how SD scores 28? Maybe if we play our third string defense.

Ming the Merciless
12-07-2015, 04:38 PM
Apparently the odds makers really like us in this next game. According to http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/odds/ , we opened at -7.5 and now are anywhere from -10 to -11.5 favorites.

I'm not quite convinced that we should be 10 point favorites at this point and time.

So, am I being overly pessimistic or are the Chargers REALLY that bad?

:hmmm:

Theyre REALLY that bad right now

if you can still find a place to only gave to give 7 points, its probably a good bet....Most of the books I have seen have it at 10

Heavy Heavy favorites...

CHIEFS

mr. tegu
12-07-2015, 04:45 PM
It's about more than their play on the field though. It's about the way ownership has treated this fan base this year.

They couldn't be any more clear that they don't give two fucks about their last 55 years here and the fan base.

They want L.A and the $$$$ that comes with it. Zero fucks about this fan base down here and it showed on Sunday.

All those Donkey fans didn't get those tickets without Charger fans selling them...

There are some good fans but lets not act like the fans there are hardcore supporters either.

FlaChief58
12-07-2015, 05:06 PM
Please explain how SD scores 28? Maybe if we play our third string defense.

I'm a life long Chiefs fan and because Chiefs

Direckshun
12-07-2015, 05:16 PM
It's possible the Chargers show a little spirit early and put some points on the board when we mail it in.

But ultimately we're just too talented, and they're too not talented, for them to stand a full 60 minutes against us.

Bowser
12-07-2015, 05:37 PM
Well, let's hope the Chiefs aren't looking PAST the Chargers then. I don't think they are, essentially every game here on out is a playoff game, but I just hope they don't come out sluggish and thinking they have it wrapped up before the opening kickoff.

eDave
12-07-2015, 05:40 PM
Well, let's hope the Chiefs aren't looking PAST the Chargers then. I don't think they are, essentially every game here on out is a playoff game, but I just hope they don't come out sluggish and thinking they have it wrapped up before the opening kickoff.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=11936839&postcount=58

Hammock Parties
12-07-2015, 05:44 PM
SB contenders like us don't drop games to the Chargers. We got this.

DaneMcCloud
12-07-2015, 05:46 PM

The Chiefs played their worst game yesterday since the beginning of the winning streak. 11 penalties, five missing starters in Bailey, Allen, Abdullah and Morse and a great return man/gadget player in DAT.

They still won by two TD's.

I can't imagine a scenario in which San Diego, as hobbled and beaten as their roster has become, can score enough points at Arrowhead, in December, to beat this Chiefs team.

Iconic
12-07-2015, 05:47 PM
We will win, but I'm not getting cocky about it. Phillip Rivers is still Phillip fucking Rivers and Football is still a game of variables.

It wasn't too long ago that a Kyle Orton led Chiefs beat an undefeated Packers team.

MotherfuckerJones
12-07-2015, 05:50 PM
I'm a life long Chiefs fan and because Chiefs

I am too. But this isn't your grandad' Chargers. They suck. I'm not saying we can't lose because NFL. Shit happens but this team is focused right now. I'm confident

Mr. Laz
12-07-2015, 05:51 PM
Start strong and they'll fold.

DaneMcCloud
12-07-2015, 05:54 PM
We will win, but I'm not getting cocky about it. Phillip Rivers is still Phillip fucking Rivers and Football is still a game of variables.

It wasn't too long ago that a Kyle Orton led Chiefs beat an undefeated Packers team.

But that game wasn't in Green Bay

stevieray
12-07-2015, 05:56 PM
After being at Arrowhead so sporatically, and the last three of four at home....? Pretty sure these guys are tired of traveling. and are ready to play some home games.

Arrowhead is going to be in BEAST mode...perfect scenario leading into the playoffs.

RINGLEADER
12-07-2015, 09:01 PM
If we play like we have the last six weeks we win. Doesn't matter what the Chargers do.

mdchiefsfan
12-07-2015, 09:11 PM
I am highly anticipating the Reid/Rivers shenanigans that seemingly occur every time we play.

jspchief
12-07-2015, 09:23 PM
Even the franchise is dead in the water. Imagine spending money to go watch that landfill fire while knowing the team is desperate to skip town.

Just shut it down and save everyone the trauma.

KChiefs1
12-07-2015, 09:29 PM

28 for SD? LMAO

They won't score a TD.

MMXcalibur
12-07-2015, 09:35 PM
We're going to fucking DESTROY them.
I am not worried in the least.

MotherfuckerJones
12-07-2015, 09:35 PM
I get that it's the NFL but the Chargers just aren't very good. Rash of injuries or we commit a shit load of turnovers in our territory is the only way they'll score. They scored a whopping 3 points against us IN SD.

Saccopoo
12-07-2015, 09:40 PM
SB contenders like us don't drop games to the Chargers. We got this.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/v-jgiwvWLzg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-07-2015, 09:42 PM
See, when I posted this, I wanted to get your all's opinion. See, I suspect the game will be something like Chiefs 27 - Chargers 10 (or worse), but I've been accused of being a Chiefs homer before, so I thought I'd make sure I wasn't just seeing things through my Arrowhead-shaped glasses. *grin*

Can't wait for this weekend to see the beat down about to happen.

(And then for my tickets to the Ravens game to get here.)

Hammock Parties
12-07-2015, 09:47 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/v-jgiwvWLzg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm not on the bandwagon, contrary to what some idiots think.

MotherfuckerJones
12-07-2015, 09:50 PM
No one gives a fuck if you're on it.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-07-2015, 09:55 PM
The Chiefs SHOULD take care of this one no problem. I'll be interested to see if they rest Houston up if he's not quite 100%. Maybe they give Ford another start.

Oh and, f**k you Clay!

Hammock Parties
12-07-2015, 09:57 PM
No one gives a fuck if you're on it.

I've seen two people now insinuate that I am, so you are incorrect.

I just wanted to clear things up.

After last year, won't get fooled again.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-07-2015, 10:15 PM
I've seen two people now insinuate that I am, so you are incorrect.

I just wanted to clear things up.

After last year, won't get fooled again.

You're on here an awful lot for someone who isn't already 'fooled'....

You are indeed Darth Sidious. And we're not buying that Padme sh*t this time either. She doesn't have the rack, what don't you see about that?

DaFace
12-07-2015, 10:17 PM
See, when I posted this, I wanted to get your all's opinion. See, I suspect the game will be something like Chiefs 27 - Chargers 10 (or worse), but I've been accused of being a Chiefs homer before, so I thought I'd make sure I wasn't just seeing things through my Arrowhead-shaped glasses. *grin*

Can't wait for this weekend to see the beat down about to happen.

(And then for my tickets to the Ravens game to get here.)

I'm more confident in this game than any other this season. Something REALLY weird would have to happen for us to lose (injury, turnovers, or multiple blown coverages or something).

MotherfuckerJones
12-07-2015, 10:18 PM
Clay is sitting there cheering and all happy we're winning.

On CP he's all doom and gloom so he can troll

bishop_74
12-07-2015, 11:06 PM
Clay is sitting there cheering and all happy we're winning.

On CP he's all doom and gloom so he can troll

In his defense I remember him coming around last year. That fucked it all up. Really if he wants the Chiefs to win he has to pretty much root against them. I am pretty sure God hates him for some reason. Literally the opposite of whatever he says will happen every fucking time. It's his curse.

mdchiefsfan
12-08-2015, 02:32 AM
In his defense I remember him coming around last year. That fucked it all up. Really if he wants the Chiefs to win he has to pretty much root against them. I am pretty sure God hates him for some reason. Literally the opposite of whatever he says will happen every fucking time. It's his curse.

Exactly. Finally, he has admitted his curse to himself, and doing what is needed.

Clay is the troll CP deserves, but not the troll CP needs right now; so we will hunt him, because he can take it.

http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q561/Aequitas009/0D509733-4859-43F4-9E95-84013BBED9E2_zpsvccsn470.jpg

Mile High Mania
12-08-2015, 07:24 AM
I'm more confident in this game than any other this season. Something REALLY weird would have to happen for us to lose (injury, turnovers, or multiple blown coverages or something).

Agreed, there should honestly be no concern on this game. The odd thing to note about this 6 game winning streak, only 2 of them have been at Arrowhead and they were the two closest games. (PIT and BUF)

That's pretty impressive, 6 games since Oct 25 and only 2 in KC... but all are wins.

MotherfuckerJones
12-08-2015, 07:41 AM
In his defense I remember him coming around last year. That ****ed it all up. Really if he wants the Chiefs to win he has to pretty much root against them. I am pretty sure God hates him for some reason. Literally the opposite of whatever he says will happen every ****ing time. It's his curse.

Oh that's why I call him Mush from A Bronx Tale...bad luck charm

MotherfuckerJones
12-08-2015, 07:44 AM
Agreed, there should honestly be no concern on this game. The odd thing to note about this 6 game winning streak, only 2 of them have been at Arrowhead and they were the two closest games. (PIT and BUF)

That's pretty impressive, 6 games since Oct 25 and only 2 in KC... but all are wins.

I don't know how the fuck they're doing this without their best offensive weapon and a beat up oline. I just don't see how SD is going to score more than 10 points besides defensive/ST scores. We've played sloppy the past couple weeks especially last week and got away with one. I expect a focused and sound football game.

2 turnovers, 11 penalties and still won. Chiefs teams don't win those. We did this season. What a crazy game.

mdchiefsfan
12-08-2015, 07:47 AM

Damn, didn't think about it that way. Pretty cool.

Well, if we make the playoffs, confidence on the road isn't a bad thing.

Why Not?
12-08-2015, 07:53 AM
Going to Vegas this weekend. My most confident bet is Chiefs -10. This will be blow out city. 31-6

mdchiefsfan
12-08-2015, 07:55 AM
Going to Vegas this weekend. My most confident bet is Chiefs -10. This will be blow out city. 31-6

DONT YOU PUT THAT EVIL ON US, RICKY BOBBY!

Why Not?
12-08-2015, 08:04 AM
DONT YOU PUT THAT EVIL ON US, RICKY BOBBY!

Lol

Mile High Mania
12-08-2015, 04:20 PM

Ok, so I was trying to find footage... this is a horrible video, don't waste time on all of it. "The hit" takes place around the 8:45 minute portion... whole lot of nothing other than a frustrated Rivers trying to get him to do something.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Gh4vpjDhaHM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

eDave
12-08-2015, 04:23 PM

$50 on red bro. I'm good for it.

RINGLEADER
12-08-2015, 04:29 PM
Ok, so I was trying to find footage... this is a horrible video, don't waste time on all of it. "The hit" takes place around the 8:45 minute portion... whole lot of nothing other than a frustrated Rivers trying to get him to do something.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Gh4vpjDhaHM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Notice how Rivers is in Von Miller's face but he's looking at (and whining at) the ref. He looks like a child hoping mom will punish his brother who just broke his toy.

Mile High Mania
12-08-2015, 05:06 PM
Notice how Rivers is in Von Miller's face but he's looking at (and whining at) the ref. He looks like a child hoping mom will punish his brother who just broke his toy.

Yeah and he's grabbing Von hoping to provoke him and draw a flag. It happens, I'm just shocked Von didn't react.

Gadzooks
12-08-2015, 06:29 PM
Yeah and he's grabbing Von hoping to provoke him and draw a flag. It happens, I'm just shocked Von didn't react.

If Von had run Brady into the ground, helmet first, and grabbed him by the collar after there would have been a guaranteed flag.

Meanwhile, Ingram gets 15 yards for a high sack on Asswilder. Never touched his head...

Give me a break MHM.:rolleyes:

2bikemike
12-08-2015, 06:33 PM

He gets that from that passel of kids he has!

Pasta Little Brioni
12-08-2015, 07:18 PM
If Von had run Brady into the ground, helmet first, and grabbed him by the collar after there would have been a guaranteed flag.

Meanwhile, Ingram gets 15 yards for a high sack on Asswilder. Never touched his head...

He doesn't see things logically.

Toby Waller
12-08-2015, 07:44 PM
10.5-11.5 is a lot for a division game regardless of their suckage factor.

its a lie. I doubt anyone is going to like the outcome of this game.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-08-2015, 07:49 PM

Our resident bronco morons won't

Mile High Mania
12-08-2015, 09:01 PM

Are you suggesting that was a bad hit?

MotherfuckerJones
12-08-2015, 09:16 PM
That looked like a clean hit. Rivers is a bit of a cry baby and pouty. Now what Von did to Brady on SNF was dirty as fuck.

Mile High Mania
12-08-2015, 09:19 PM
That looked like a clean hit. Rivers is a bit of a cry baby and pouty. Now what Von did to Brady on SNF was dirty as ****.

Yeah, sometimes things just get out of hand... rules are hard.

jonzie04
12-08-2015, 10:54 PM
Just making contact would have been fine, but driving him to the ground when it was blatantly obvious he already threw the ball?

Gadzooks
12-08-2015, 11:22 PM
I watch this video and think if there was a hockey mentality in College FB, the final play would've occurred right after the first play.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cL96AieSFx4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RINGLEADER
12-09-2015, 12:39 AM
I watch this video and think if there was a hockey mentality in College FB, the final play would've occurred right after the first play.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cL96AieSFx4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I was watching that Timeline show about the Giants on NFL Network tonight and the video of games from the 80s was filled with hit after hit after hit that would draw 15-yard penalties today.

The game has really been toned down but you don't realize how much it has changed until you see older games replayed...

Gadzooks
12-09-2015, 01:11 AM
I was watching that Timeline show about the Giants on NFL Network tonight and the video of games from the 80s was filled with hit after hit after hit that would draw 15-yard penalties today.

The game has really been toned down but you don't realize how much it has changed until you see older games replayed...

Is it possible that the older generation enjoyed smash mouth football and preferred big hits to big throws?

With what we know now about the severity of concussions, the NFL is adapting to a touch football league with loopholes to allow broken ribs for QBs that are not in contention of prime time ratings.

IMO, the Chargers need a coach like Jeff Fisher who demands that his player "police" the opponents. Any B.S. and you pay.

McCoy's soft and stupid. He's worse than Norf, (he was just soft and cuddly).

MotherfuckerJones
12-09-2015, 06:45 AM

What? Back again you fucking shit stain?

Mile High Mania
12-09-2015, 07:02 AM
Is it possible that the older generation enjoyed smash mouth football and preferred big hits to big throws?

With what we know now about the severity of concussions, the NFL is adapting to a touch football league with loopholes to allow broken ribs for QBs that are not in contention of prime time ratings.

IMO, the Chargers need a coach like Jeff Fisher who demands that his player "police" the opponents. Any B.S. and you pay.

McCoy's soft and stupid. He's worse than Norf, (he was just soft and cuddly).

The league is big money now ... injuries to key stars, hurts ratings. And, they know more about head injuries and injuries overall than they did decades ago.

So, the game looks soft at times compared to what many of us saw growing up in the 70s/80s... but it's probably smarter. It's just not consistent, I think that's the problem.

Regarding Fisher - he's done nothing really. I wouldn't want him. Now, this sounds silly... but, Josh McDaniels could be a consideration. Surely, he learned a lot from his first failed gig... he knows talent, but the rest of it failed him. He'll get a 2nd chance somewhere, I'd take him over another retread like Fisher. Just do not give him total power, needs a strong GM.

Baby Lee
12-09-2015, 07:06 AM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/X37EzJnuntk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mile High Mania
12-09-2015, 07:18 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/X37EzJnuntk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm not sure what I just watched... but it had some comedy.

Baby Lee
12-09-2015, 07:23 AM
I'm not sure what I just watched... but it had some comedy.

The people and setting are real, but the interviewer is a bit. Initially, he did this just to get attention on youtube, then Norm McDonald made him his 'nephew correspondent' on his short-lived sports show on Comedy Central.

He played a similar character on Parks and Recreation.

He's on SNL now. paging cosmo

http://media.zenfs.com/en-US/video/video.snl.com/snl_1642_09_update_KYLE.jpg

KChiefs1
12-09-2015, 08:59 PM
David Carr on the NFLN just predicted the Chiefs lose this Sunday vs SD & against the Raiders at Arrowhead. He had the Steelers running the table ending up at 11-5 & Buffalo ending up 10-6 to get the 6th seed.

TLO
12-10-2015, 03:31 AM
http://i.imgur.com/qNoBc.jpgDavid Carr on the NFLN just predicted the Chiefs lose this Sunday vs SD & against the Raiders at Arrowhead. He had the Steelers running the table ending up at 11-5 & Buffalo ending up 10-6 to get the 6th seed.

scho63
12-10-2015, 03:57 PM
LATEST INJURY REPORT

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
DATE POS PLAYER INJURY NFL STATUS
12/09/15 S Husain Abdullah Concussion QUESTIONABLE Did not practice. Questionable for Week 14 vs. San Diego

12/09/15 DE Allen Bailey Calf PROBABLE Full practice. Probable for Week 14 vs. San Diego

12/09/15 DE Mike DeVito Concussion, shoulder QUESTIONABLE Did not practice. Questionable for Week 14 vs. San Diego

12/09/15 LB Tamba Hali Knee QUESTIONABLE Did not practice. Questionable for Week 14 vs. San Diego

12/09/15 LB Justin Houston Knee QUESTIONABLE Did not practice. Questionable for Week 14 vs. San Diego

12/09/15 TE Travis Kelce Groin PROBABLE Full practice. Probable for Week 14 vs. San Diego

12/09/15 WR De'Anthony Thomas Concussion QUESTIONABLE Did not practice. Questionable for Week 14 vs. San Diego

Direckshun
12-11-2015, 01:51 AM
Rest all of them: Abdullah, Houston, DeVito, and Thomas. We're going to need those guys in the playoffs.

Direckshun
12-11-2015, 01:52 AM
Rivers has thrown three INTs and no TDs while being sacked 10 times in the last two against Kansas City.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-11-2015, 02:02 AM
It's supposed to rain all day, high of 59 on Sunday. Yay lol.

Vietnam58
12-11-2015, 02:42 AM
Rest all of them: Abdullah, Houston, DeVito, and Thomas. We're going to need those guys in the playoffs.

we need to get to the playoffs first. . every game is a playoff game starting 3 weeks ago

Toby Waller
12-11-2015, 03:16 AM
Chargers W
Ravens L
Browns W
Raiders L

cmh6476
12-11-2015, 08:59 AM
time to finish rivers like we did peyton

RINGLEADER
12-11-2015, 11:42 AM
If we go into this game without Hali and Houston I might actually start to have some reservations about winning by two scores.

Hopefully Hali can go with Ford on the other side, dress Houston and only play him if a disaster unfolds.

ModSocks
12-11-2015, 11:43 AM
Without Hali and Houston, this is a different game.

Aspengc8
12-11-2015, 12:26 PM
If we go into this game without Hali and Houston I might actually start to have some reservations about winning by two scores.

Hopefully Hali can go with Ford on the other side, dress Houston and only play him if a disaster unfolds.

This won't turn out well if its Ford/Zombo rushing from both sides. This D is built around generating a rush with 4 with a lot of man trail behind it.

Toby Waller
12-11-2015, 01:21 PM
Chargers W
Ravens L
Browns W
Raiders L

On second thought, Chiefs lose to Chargers but beat Ravens

DaneMcCloud
12-11-2015, 01:23 PM

The Ravens are starting Jimmy Clausen. The Chiefs won't lose to the Ravens.

The Chargers put up 3 points last week and 3 points against the Chiefs at home a few weeks ago.

They're not beating the Chiefs, either.

DaneMcCloud
12-11-2015, 01:26 PM
Without Hali and Houston, this is a different game.

First off, Hali hasn't been practicing for weeks and has been fine on Sundays.

If Houston and Hali don't play, the Chiefs will still rush Zombo, Moses and Ford, with the only difference being that Rivers may have an extra second or so to throw the ball to a 8th string receiver that will likely drop it.

Toby Waller
12-11-2015, 01:27 PM
The Ravens are starting Jimmy Clausen. The Chiefs won't lose to the Ravens.

The Chargers put up 3 points last week and 3 points against the Chiefs at home a few weeks ago.

They're not beating the Chiefs, either.

Yes, I realize that now

Halfcan
12-11-2015, 01:33 PM
time to finish rivers like we did peyton

Going to be a rainy day-that should go in the Chiefs favor since we have a stronger ground game.

MotherfuckerJones
12-11-2015, 01:34 PM
Yes, I realize that now

You're a dumbass.

Halfcan
12-11-2015, 01:37 PM
Chargers W
Ravens L
Browns W
Raiders L

A loss to the Faders at home? I guess if David Carr says it-must be true. :rolleyes:

Very doubtful!!

Earthling
12-11-2015, 02:21 PM
A loss to the Faders at home? I guess if David Carr says it-must be true. :rolleyes:

Very doubtful!!

It could happen if the Chiefs have 5th seed locked and its a meaningless game for them. They could lose with second stringers. Otherwise no way...

ModSocks
12-11-2015, 02:45 PM
First off, Hali hasn't been practicing for weeks and has been fine on Sundays.

If Houston and Hali don't play, the Chiefs will still rush Zombo, Moses and Ford, with the only difference being that Rivers may have an extra second or so to throw the ball to a 8th string receiver that will likely drop it.

And i understand all that, and while i don't disagree, it still leaves less room for error. Im not sleeping on the Chargers like everyone else, so every live body counts.

It's a division rival, so it shouldn't be a trap game, but shit happens in this league.

MotherfuckerJones
12-11-2015, 02:47 PM
We need to start fast this week. Get a good lead and don't look back.

Oh and fuck you smellypitts

Toby Waller
12-11-2015, 03:17 PM

Very doubtful!!

you missed that I changed it

they lose to Chargers but beat Ravens.

2-2 regardless

Toby Waller
12-11-2015, 03:19 PM
We need to start fast this week. Get a good lead and don't look back.

Oh and **** you smellypitts

have a nice day,come again

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120412051836/suburgatory/images/5/52/Happy_face.jpg

mdchiefsfan
12-11-2015, 08:55 PM
Don't feed the trolls, guys.

Psyko Tek
12-11-2015, 09:07 PM

I HATE it when that happens,
bad things happen

New World Order
12-11-2015, 09:09 PM
have a nice day,come again

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120412051836/suburgatory/images/5/52/Happy_face.jpg

Haha. What do have this week: Chargers or Chiefs?

Let's see if you can go 0-5.

Toby Waller
12-11-2015, 09:42 PM
Haha. What do have this week: Chargers or Chiefs?

Let's see if you can go 0-5.

what 0-5 are you talking about? I might be 0-2 here.
I picked Denver to beat Pats.
I picked Chicago to beat GB on thanksgiving.
I picked Cowboys to beat Redskins
I picked Denver to beat Chicago when no one else in my pickems did.

If KC qualifies for playoffs,it wont be till last game of season.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-11-2015, 10:54 PM
Baby Lee has seen every moment of TV history.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-11-2015, 10:57 PM

Fuck off knowmo

MotherfuckerJones
12-11-2015, 11:08 PM

Cherry picking at its finest. You're O-for picking Chiefs games GTFO

MotherfuckerJones
12-11-2015, 11:08 PM
**** off knowmo

Speaking of that dipshit...this is probably his mult

ThaVirus
12-11-2015, 11:29 PM
Baby Lee has seen every moment of TV history.

Seriously. Fucking shit.

Buck
12-11-2015, 11:33 PM
We're gonna lose. Big.

Toby Waller
12-11-2015, 11:54 PM
We're gonna lose. Big.

oh stop trying to kiss up :D

mdchiefsfan
12-12-2015, 12:45 AM
We're gonna lose. Big.

Hey dude, your team is bailing on you for LA, there is room for you on the Chiefs bandwagon. This is the opportunity you've been waiting for. Get on the train. :D

Buck
12-12-2015, 03:35 AM
Hey dude, your team is bailing on you for LA, there is room for you on the Chiefs bandwagon. This is the opportunity you've been waiting for. Get on the train. :D

No.

New World Order
12-12-2015, 05:33 AM

You're 0-4 in KC games.

New World Order
12-12-2015, 05:34 AM
No.

I'm guessing you will still be a fan, even if they bail?

Halfcan
12-12-2015, 10:11 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/chargers-trouble-every-turn-await-chiefs-212037042--nfl.html

Nice article on the Chargers sucking ass.

Halfcan
12-12-2015, 10:13 AM
We're gonna lose. Big.

They are going to make you want to burn a Chargers hat they play so bad. :)

DaneMcCloud
12-12-2015, 11:10 AM
And i understand all that, and while i don't disagree, it still leaves less room for error. Im not sleeping on the Chargers like everyone else, so every live body counts.

It's a division rival, so it shouldn't be a trap game, but shit happens in this league.

After everything these guys have been through in the past year, I don't think that the coaching staff, leadership or players are going to "sleep" on anyone.

They've overcome a nearly historical obstacle in winning six straight after starting 1-5 and I don't think they'll have a let down, at home, against an extremely wounded opponent.

The only remaining game on the schedule that concerns me is the Raiders at Arrowhead, only because after winning nine games straight heading into the playoffs, a let down might be in the making.

mdchiefsfan
12-12-2015, 11:46 AM
No.

LMAO

Buck
12-12-2015, 02:22 PM
I'm guessing you will still be a fan, even if they bail?

I doubt it. But one cannot just become a fan of a team at the drop of a hat.

Things like fanhood happen naturally. In all honesty, I will probably just be a fan of the NFL and whatever team is playing the LA Shitfucks that week.

O.city
12-12-2015, 03:23 PM
Apparently Rivers added to the injury list with the flu

Cheater5
12-12-2015, 04:01 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/12/rivers-expected-to-play-through-illness-chargers-sign-a-qb/

Yup. Guess he's sucking, and they signed some scrub named Brad Sorenson off their practice squad.

RunKC
12-12-2015, 04:07 PM
After everything these guys have been through in the past year, I don't think that the coaching staff, leadership or players are going to "sleep" on anyone.

They've overcome a nearly historical obstacle in winning six straight after starting 1-5 and I don't think they'll have a let down, at home, against an extremely wounded opponent.

The only remaining game on the schedule that concerns me is the Raiders at Arrowhead, only because after winning nine games straight heading into the playoffs, a let down might be in the making.

Chiefs will have the 5th seed locked up by week 17 if they win their next 3, so odds are we would rest starters.

DaneMcCloud
12-12-2015, 04:46 PM
Chargers Place Corey Liuget, Brandon Flowers on IR

http://www.chargers.com/news/2015/12/12/chargers-place-corey-liuget-brandon-flowers-ir

milkman
12-12-2015, 04:47 PM

http://www.chargers.com/news/2015/12/12/chargers-place-corey-liuget-brandon-flowers-ir

Do they have anyone left?

DaneMcCloud
12-12-2015, 04:50 PM
Do they have anyone left?

I can't believe they extended their GM before the season, too. They have zero depth, anywhere.

They're lucky that Rivers didn't go down early or they'd be 0-12 right now.

Red Dawg
12-12-2015, 09:05 PM
We should kill them. Their OL is awful and defense is trash. Run all day and we win big.

Bowser
12-12-2015, 09:09 PM

I'll take "Who are the two happiest people in San Diego this week" for $1000, Alex

sd4chiefs
12-12-2015, 09:37 PM

I bet he is faking it because he doesn't want o get his ass kicked tomorrow.

New World Order
12-12-2015, 09:41 PM
I doubt it. But one cannot just become a fan of a team at the drop of a hat.

Things like fanhood happen naturally. In all honesty, I will probably just be a fan of the NFL and whatever team is playing the LA Shit****s that week.

Yes you can. You will join us, because you pretty much have to.

Frosty
12-12-2015, 09:47 PM
Typhoid Phyllis will probably pass the flu on to the Chiefs so they all come down with it next week. :#