PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Are you enjoying the season?

Chiefnj2
12-08-2015, 07:35 AM
Just curious if you are enjoying the current winning streak, or if you are just waiting for the collapse you think is inevitable should the Chiefs make it to the wildcard. I'm also curious if your opinion is influenced by your age and prior post season failures.

Sandy Vagina
12-08-2015, 08:14 AM
It's hard not to vote for the 4th option. Of course, there will be disappointment for us all (except Claynus and maybe new sidekick BigDaddy) if the Chiefs lose the WC game.

Still.. they get tossed from the WC game, they get tossed. I'll still feel that it was a fun season, and that I git my money's worth from Sunday Ticket. I think there has only been one other team in history to come back from 1-5 and make the playoffs? and that is without Jamaal Charles? .. pretty good job, especially with a busted up/crappy OL.

I think they get in and WIN a playoff game this time. :)

HemiEd
12-08-2015, 08:29 AM
Sunday's game was one of the most entertaining games I have watched in a long time.

Vietnam58
12-08-2015, 08:30 AM
I was really frustrated and deflated after the Denver and Greenbay losses. . and its taken a while to get back into this team . .i was close to never watching football again .. but ive enjoyed these past 3 weeks . .

id be happy wiht even a wildcard loss ..

just to see this team win out or only lose 1 and make the palyoffs would make htis season enjoyable to me. .

Simply Red
12-08-2015, 08:33 AM
Why yes I am and thank you - I sure hope you are too.

Lzen
12-08-2015, 08:42 AM
I was very frustrated with this team during the 1-5 start. I had purchased tix for 4 games this season and had only gone to one (Broncos) by that point. I was ready to sell my remaining tix. The wife talked me into keeping them. Plus, the tailgate with my fellow Chiefs fans is always a great time. The last two games I've been to have been wins (Pittsburgh and Buffalo) and hopefully this weekend's game against the Chargers should be, as well.

I guess I'm glad I didn't bail. I am happy with this win streak. They are now playing like we expected them to play from the get go. Still, I will be disappointed if they lose the first playoff game (assuming they even get there, of course).

ChiliConCarnage
12-08-2015, 08:44 AM
Hmm, not so much. I think the 1-5 start kind of triggered a move into lets start looking at the draft territory and it's hard to get back out of that funk.

I'm proud of the team fighting back though. Especially without Charles.

Hydrae
12-08-2015, 08:50 AM
I was really frustrated and deflated after the Denver and Greenbay losses. . and its taken a while to get back into this team . .i was close to never watching football again .. but ive enjoyed these past 3 weeks . .

id be happy wiht even a wildcard loss ..

just to see this team win out or only lose 1 and make the palyoffs would make htis season enjoyable to me. .

I was fine until the Bears loss. That is when the wind went out of my sails and I was ready to give up on the season (yet another year). Then we started winning again and I started to think maybe we were seeing the team that we expected from the start. The Buffalo win got me back on board. Now I do feel that we can win a playoff game finally and maybe even more than one!

GO CHIEFS!!!

seclark
12-08-2015, 08:52 AM
yes.
sec

BigMeatballDave
12-08-2015, 09:24 AM
Well, I do think they'll win out, but lose at some point in January.

BigMeatballDave
12-08-2015, 09:27 AM
At 1-5 I was ready to blow it up, but I'm back on the bandwagon.

Clark wasn't making any major changes anyway.

Danguardace
12-08-2015, 09:34 AM
I got to see the Chiefs in London, before THAT game I had very low expectations for the game and the season. I think the lucky break of Big Ben missing the game before was a nice little turn in fortune and since then the Team has looked very good.

I will be disappointed if we dont make the Play-offs which is far from being a Lock with Pittsburgh and the Jets on the same record. So I cant really look beyond next week which has trap game written all over it.

BigMeatballDave
12-08-2015, 09:50 AM
I got to see the Chiefs in London, before THAT game I had very low expectations for the game and the season. I think the lucky break of Big Ben missing the game before was a nice little turn in fortune and since then the Team has looked very good.

I will be disappointed if we dont make the Play-offs which is far from being a Lock with Pittsburgh and the Jets on the same record. So I cant really look beyond next week which has trap game written all over it.

Remember, the Chiefs have the tie-breaker over Pitt.

BigMeatballDave
12-08-2015, 09:51 AM
They control their own destiny for the 5th seed.

threebag
12-08-2015, 10:05 AM
I am a CHIEFS fan for life... i am enjoying the season greatly. Glad to have a good QB finally after all these years of trial and error.

siberian khatru
12-08-2015, 10:11 AM
I'm 49, enjoy the Chiefs winning week to week, but don't expect it to be building up to anything. They win a playoff game, then we'll talk.

Oregon chief
12-08-2015, 10:26 AM
It's tough because the the first Denver game was my second worst time as a Chiefs fan (Indy). The season has had quite a swing but I feel like I'm just setting myself up for another huge disappointment. God I hope not.

Dayze
12-08-2015, 10:31 AM
I've missed the last two games. they were an afterthought for me, in actuality.

MTG#10
12-08-2015, 10:56 AM
I was done after the loss to Cincy. Beating Denver brought me back. If they fuck it up and miss out or get in and go 1 and done I'll murder someone's cat.

Trivers
12-08-2015, 11:00 AM
Never understood the "Can't really enjoy the regular season until the team wins a postseason game" mindset.

Please, get over yourself. Pure drama queens.

If you are going to be that way, why even bother to read or post on CP?

jerryforeverrice80
12-08-2015, 11:09 AM
not really since my team is a big pile of steaming you know what.

wazu
12-08-2015, 11:11 AM
I'm enjoying the season. Much rather have something to cheer for than not. I sort expect to see our bi-annual one and done playoff loss, but will watch with interest, cause you never know.

wazu
12-08-2015, 11:13 AM
Never understood the "Can't really enjoy the regular season until the team wins a postseason game" mindset.

I completely understand. I would have picked this a few years ago, when I was less dead inside. Now I just cheer and smile. GO CHIEFS! YAY!

Eleazar
12-08-2015, 11:15 AM
I wouldn't say I would be "really disappointed" with a wild card exit. I think that's a reasonable expectation. It's nice that they saved their season but you can't really be disappointed if they don't win a playoff game this year after starting 1-5

Frosty
12-08-2015, 11:15 AM
I have been enjoying the wins. However, part of me is still waiting for something Chiefs-like to happen, like losing to Johnny Football at home and missing the the play-offs at 10-6 when the Steelers and Jets win out.

Beaten Fan Syndrome

wazu
12-08-2015, 11:20 AM
I wouldn't say I would be "really disappointed" with a wild card exit. I think that's a reasonable expectation. It's nice that they saved their season but you can't really be disappointed if they don't win a playoff game this year after starting 1-5

Agreed, but I think it's fair to continue to be disappointed with the franchise as a whole. The ceiling is clearly "get to the playoffs" every year until they are able to provide evidence to the contrary.

The Franchise
12-08-2015, 11:22 AM

Blow me.

Buehler445
12-08-2015, 11:24 AM
I chose the third option.

But to offer some perspective, starting with Squimin Herman and ending in that motherfucking Indy debacle, I can't find it in my soul to be fully vested in this team like I have the rest of my life. May I believe subconsiously that there is some snakebite happening here, or something like that. Maybe its real life intrudes on my engagement in a kids game. Maybe I'm just being a bitch. I don't know but there is some part of me that won't be there until we get something done. Maybe all will be redeemed if we beat an AFC S opponent, or maybe it will take a little more than that to get me back to fired up.

As most of my posts dictate, I'm half expecting a collapse. After all this is the same team that lost 5 straight to jank ass teams no less.

I'm enjoying it, but not to the same extent I would have 10 years ago. And it wasn't just the losing streak, its the last 20 fucking years.

bricks
12-08-2015, 11:25 AM
I'm enjoying every bit of this winning streak.

This is a great comeback to the season. It's like Rocky Balboa! I mean, he's getting his a** kicked in the beginning and then shows that heart and determination rallying with a comeback and a victory.

bricks
12-08-2015, 11:27 AM
We're making the playoffs and this is the year we win a playoff game and heck maybe go to the SuperBowl? I don't know about winning the whole thing but yeah the Chiefs could be a dark house like Champ said.

Ming the Merciless
12-08-2015, 11:48 AM
Sunday's game was one of the most entertaining games I have watched in a long time.

This.

Of course I will be disappointed with a wild card loss but that doesn't mean this season was a fail or anything.

This has been the most fun season in a while, and exceeded my expectations thus far.

CHIEFS

Earthling
12-08-2015, 12:14 PM
Yep

Lonewolf Ed
12-08-2015, 12:37 PM
It is strange for me. I love autumn, yet autumn has been pretty much a dud where I live, in the KC area. The Chiefs season has become fun again, and that is always a good thing. I just want the season to feel like the season across the board. I've got a 2 year supply of firewood stacked in the barn and it's 60 friggin' degrees out and will be all week! I want chilly frosty days, a fire going, hot hearty grub, and good football to watch as Christmas approaches. Instead, we're probably going to get Old Man Winter crashing down on our heads like some meteor out of the sky and then it will be miserable going from October weather to frigid arctic fronts.

scho63
12-08-2015, 12:55 PM
I'm cautiously optimistic as I've been picked up and bodyslammed by all these so-called great Chief's teams over the last 45 years more than all the WWE fall guys combined to dive in head first with unbridled passion like I did in my youth.

Burn me once, shame on you; burn me 78 times, shame on me! :deevee:

Molitoth
12-08-2015, 01:00 PM
I am a CHIEFS fan for life... i am enjoying the season greatly. Glad to have a good QB finally after all these years of trial and error.

:rolleyes: ROFL :cuss:

RealSNR
12-08-2015, 01:01 PM

Blow Pestilence

Frosty
12-08-2015, 01:01 PM
II want chilly frosty days

Here ya go:

http://s3-media4.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/cG0eBnTClZJR3e0lJ3nsqQ/ls.jpg

stevieray
12-08-2015, 01:02 PM
Damn straight..

Lonewolf Ed
12-08-2015, 01:12 PM
Here ya go:

http://s3-media4.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/cG0eBnTClZJR3e0lJ3nsqQ/ls.jpg

Bleh! Not helping!

Mr. Laz
12-08-2015, 01:25 PM
enjoy might be the wrong word

I would have to be slightly masochistic to enjoy it.

Entertaining for sure
heart stopping for sure

Depends on how it ends to give an overall rating

Yosef_Malkovitch
12-08-2015, 01:30 PM
Eh, the games are fun enough that I'm actually bothering to listen on the radio while I do yard work on Sundays, but I'm not actually going to take time out of my day to watch a game unless it's the playoffs. That's been my approach to this team for about 5-6 years now, and I find my Sundays to be less frustrating and more productive as a result.

I expect a first round exit. Same as it ever was. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

Yosef_Malkovitch
12-08-2015, 01:31 PM
And I'm right at 40 years old. My perception is definitely skewed by the last 20+ years of mediocrity.

KC_Lee
12-08-2015, 01:34 PM
I want to be excited and I am enjoying the winning streak but without a playoff win this is just another good team that made a run.

Mr. Plow
12-08-2015, 01:52 PM
Eh, the games are fun enough that I'm actually bothering to listen on the radio while I do yard work on Sundays, but I'm not actually going to take time out of my day to watch a game unless it's the playoffs. That's been my approach to this team for about 5-6 years now, and I find my Sundays to be less frustrating and more productive as a result.

I expect a first round exit. Same as it ever was. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

About the same here. I'll flip the games on for a little bit, maybe watch a half. But, always find something better to do with my day.

FlaChief58
12-08-2015, 02:06 PM
I'm happy that they are playing with a purpose, but I'm waiting to see if they can win a playoff game before going all in again. If they get bounced in the wildcard round again, it'll be same shit different year and I'll continue my my slide into casual fandom

Yosef_Malkovitch
12-08-2015, 02:43 PM
I'm happy that they are playing with a purpose, but I'm waiting to see if they can win a playoff game before going all in again. If they get bounced in the wildcard round again, it'll be same shit different year and I'll continue my my slide into casual fandom

Yup, that about sums it up. SSDY.

"We'll get it next year." That's been the refrain of this team since 1994. :rolleyes:

I want to believe, I do, but until there's a playoff win (I'm not asking for a SB win, just a measly playoff win) I think this franchise will have a lot of fans drifting towards the "casual" status.

bricks
12-08-2015, 02:54 PM
It's good to be cautiously optimistic with the Chiefs.

That's the best approach especially seeing how they looked so promising in other years only to have them rip your heart out. So.........

Cautiously. Optimistic. And that's okay there's nothing wrong with that!

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-08-2015, 03:02 PM
I suspect Rain Man is enjoying watching this bell curve in action. *grin*

As for the season, yes, I'm enjoying it. I admit I was highly depressed during the losing streak, but since I quit watching on TV and just listen to the radio shows, we've won 5 in a row, so that's what I'll be doing from now on (except for the Baltimore game, where I'm going to be sitting right behind the team.)

OnTheWarpath15
12-08-2015, 04:36 PM
Good timing...

I sent a text to Monty Sunday night asking him if we were going to make the annual pilgrimage to Indianapolis this year. Haven't gotten a response.

After seeing the GB abortion in person, I've really not paid a ton of attention - the game is always on, but sometimes I'm in the room doing something else, or I'm out of the room completely. While it's nice to see them beating up on the Little Sisters of the Poor and getting back in the race, it's not going to mean anything to me unless we beat a good team (or two) in January.

I've witnessed the last 4 playoff disasters in person. Until they put on their big boy pants and actually win one, the regular season is going to mean very little to me.

Deberg_1990
12-08-2015, 04:38 PM
Nah

I'd prefer a top 5 draft pick

Gadzooks
12-08-2015, 04:43 PM
This poll is discriminatory against 40 year olds.

Frosty
12-08-2015, 04:45 PM
I've witnessed the last 4 playoff disasters in person.

Well, stop going. It's obviously your fault.

Bearcat
12-08-2015, 04:45 PM
Such a fickle bunch... all those "I was done/blow it up" responses after a few losses and now Super Bowl threads after a few wins..... just like every other season. I guess it's better that way or something. :shrug:

Sandy Vagina
12-08-2015, 04:52 PM
Such a fickle bunch... all those "I was done/blow it up" responses after a few losses and now Super Bowl threads after a few wins..... just like every other season. I guess it's better that way or something. :shrug:

Don't know if the same people you are spotlighting are the ones making SB threads.. but hey, that's human nature.

In the start of September, fans are highly excited. If their team comes out with an early record of 1-5.. particularly losing games the way they did to CHI and DEN... then the bubble of excitement is bound to burst. The team looks to be headed for unwatchable disaster.

Then they get on a positive streak, and it draws people back into wanting to see more to come. Shocking? not at all. Isn't it expected, human nature?

OnTheWarpath15
12-08-2015, 04:53 PM
Well, stop going. It's obviously your fault.

LMAO

OnTheWarpath15
12-08-2015, 04:55 PM

Welcome to ChiefsPlanet?

Christ, the fickleness rears it's ugly head in single games with this bunch, much less entire seasons.

BossChief
12-08-2015, 04:59 PM

Well, IMO I either want playoffs or a top 5 pick. Every year.

That means you have a chance to either win a title that year or improve your team drastically with a premier player through the draft.

The 7-9/8-8/9-7 seasons that don't make it to the playoffs are the worst years for a football team.

Bearcat
12-08-2015, 04:59 PM
Don't know if the same people you are spotlighting are the ones making SB threads.. but hey, that's human nature.

In the start of September, fans are highly excited. If their team comes out with an early record of 1-5.. particularly losing games the way they did to CHI and DEN... then the bubble of excitement is bound to burst. The team looks to be headed for unwatchable disaster.

Then they get on a positive streak, and it draws people back into wanting to see more to come. Shocking? not at all. Isn't it expected, human nature?

Yeah, the SB thread thing just popped into my head, but fill in the blank.... back on the bandwagon, most fun season in a while, etc.

I don't think it's human nature to subject yourself to the same roller coaster of emotions that 1) has far more sadness than joy over several years (and according to this thread, pretty great sadness and pretty great joy), and 2) has ended the same (insert hyperbole like "devastating") way every one of those years forever (well, at least since '93, at least they made it that far).

I believe you've made the opposite argument a few times in the past... the "fan = fanatic" sort of thing. And yeah, being a fan of the vast majority of teams out there is most likely the most irrational thing people do.

Deberg_1990
12-08-2015, 05:00 PM
Andy Reid deserves coach of the year if they go from 1-5 to 10 or 11 wins.

Incredible job.

Buehler445
12-08-2015, 05:00 PM
4, 10, 29, 28, 11, 4

How in the actual fuck? That's not even possible.

Bearcat
12-08-2015, 05:01 PM
Welcome to ChiefsPlanet?

Christ, the fickleness rears it's ugly head in single games with this bunch, much less entire seasons.

:)

It's just funny to see it condensed into one thread.... a bit unique, I guess.

Frosty
12-08-2015, 05:01 PM
Andy Reid deserves coach of the year if they go from 1-5 to 10 or 11 wins.

Incredible job.

Well, it could be argued that if he were Coach of the Year, the team wouldn't have gone 1-5. It's not like it was caused by injuries or something fluky like that.

Deberg_1990
12-08-2015, 05:05 PM
Well, it could be argued that if he were Coach of the Year, the team wouldn't have gone 1-5. It's not like it was caused by injuries or something fluky like that.

Well sometimes shit just happens you know?

Ive said this for years....its better to be playing better and ascending in Nov/Dec than it is in Sept/Oct

temper11
12-08-2015, 05:12 PM

So easy for teams to turn on each other though after a start like that. The locker room staying together and continuing to believe in what was being coached is a testament to Reid and the staff.

The only problem is... there are several teams that have resurrected their seasons after poor starts this year.

temper11
12-08-2015, 05:20 PM
About the same here. I'll flip the games on for a little bit, maybe watch a half. But, always find something better to do with my day.

I'm always very surprised by the amount of people who post these kind of sentiments. All the power to you as I'm certainly not judging you, it's just surprising that people have such strong opinions and passion in here... and then don't watch or barely watch the game on Sunday.

Maybe it's again one of those things that you have to be a long time fan of the Chiefs to understand, but it's still surprises me nonetheless.

Regardless, however you choose to watch or not watch as the case may be...

GO CHIEFS!

Deberg_1990
12-08-2015, 05:22 PM
Ill just say this.....

Id rather sit through a million winning seasons that end in playoff busts, than to sit through seasons like 2008, 2009 and 2012 again.

Buehler445
12-08-2015, 05:26 PM
Well, IMO I either want playoffs or a top 5 pick. Every year.

That means you have a chance to either win a title that year or improve your team drastically with a premier player through the draft.

The 7-9/8-8/9-7 seasons that don't make it to the playoffs are the worst years for a football team.

Fuck the top 5 pick noise. Seriously.

The good teams in the league get talent for a bargain. Yes you have to have a QB, yes the numbers are statistically significant that the higher the pick the higher the probability of Super Bowls.

But good teams find ways to get production out of not much money. That's what you MUST do in a salary capped sport. In any business for that matter. You have to get more productivity per dollar invested than the other guy.

Premier players are nice but they don't win shit, except periodically a QB. Just look at the premier guys we've had:

DT - He actually won a playoff game so I'm willing to omit him.
Gonzo
Charles
Houston
Shields
Roaf
Holmes
probably some I'm missing

But we had those guys, and some of them weren't even high draft picks, but they don't win a goddamned motherfucking thing unless you can put a serviceable team together in all aspects.

Look at when we went balls out and paid for premier players during the DV years. Because that's what we needed. What did we win? Not a motherfucking thing. Why? Because we couldn't draft or find any cheap FA on defense that could take an angle, hold their gap, cover a goddamned cripple or make a fucking tackle for fucks fucking sake.

Look at when Washington did it. They put a team together that had a fuckton of playmakers but the lower income guys did a whole lot of not a fucking thing (and so did Heynesworth, but whatever)

Look at when Chokeland did it so many damn times. They spiraled out of fucking control so much that their high paid guy flat out told the media he quit. Now they have to vastly overpay even mediocre guys to come play because they've been so shitty so long.

Look at the Cowbitches. They'll sell out every few years, and they had a playoff drought longer than ours until Romo finally stole one. They would have been in the same damn boat as the Redskins and Chokeland had they not hit on Romo.

Look at any team that did it. Fuck the Patriots even tried it and fell on their faces. Granted they didn't vastly overpay, but they went and got elite guys for Brady and their defense sucked shit because they didn't go get guys that could play. No winning.

Like I said, if you want to win, elite players are nice but you have to get productivity from the cheap contracts.

The Seachickens got massive productivity out of Chancellor/Sherman/Wilson/Campbell for no money. And the money they did spend they hit on.

In the 2000s Pitt would let ALL FUCKING WORLD OLB's walk and plug in the next guy and get just as much productivity for not top of the league money. Now they are doing the same shit with WRs.

The Patriots ALWAYS make hay with dudes that nobody has heard of and make no money. They've got some big contracts, but they also get huge production out of fucking pennies. Both sides of the ball.

Before their got their tit in a ringer with the cap, Baltimore could chug out defensive talent like a madhouse. Then they had to start paying them to keep them instead of replace them with cheap productivity. Then their cap sucks.

Has there been a Green Bay receiver that has got big money and done a goddamned thing? I can't think of one recently anyway. They have some money tied up and it seems their WR well is drying up, but they've been good, because they paid their QB to get the ball where it needs to and they pay peanuts for guys to get open.

This has turned into a novel so I'll get to the damned point already.

tl;dr If you're going to do what's necessary to win, meaning get productivity from cheap players, you will not be drafting high. Fuck drafting high.

Mr. Plow
12-08-2015, 05:34 PM
I'm always very surprised by the amount of people who post these kind of sentiments. All the power to you as I'm certainly not judging you, it's just surprising that people have such strong opinions and passion in here... and then don't watch or barely watch the game on Sunday.

Maybe it's again one of those things that you have to be a long time fan of the Chiefs to understand, but it's still surprises me nonetheless.

Regardless, however you choose to watch or not watch as the case may be...

GO CHIEFS!

You team jumping fans have me confused with someone else.....I don't voice my opinion on much chiefs related material because of just that reason....I don't pay attention.

Frosty
12-08-2015, 05:35 PM
So easy for teams to turn on each other though after a start like that. The locker room staying together and continuing to believe in what was being coached is a testament to Reid and the staff.

The only problem is... there are several teams that have resurrected their seasons after poor starts this year.

The team clearly mentally tanked after the Broncos loss and it took five games to pull out of it. Kudos to Reid for pulling them out of it and getting them on the winning path, though the schedule had something to do with that, too. I'm just saying "Coach of the Year" doesn't allow the team to tank in the first place after a disappointing loss. Doesn't mean I think Reid has done a poor job.

BigBeauford
12-08-2015, 05:37 PM

It was caused by us getting crushed by playoff caliber competition.

Frosty
12-08-2015, 05:42 PM
It was caused by us getting crushed by playoff caliber competition.

I give you GB and Cinci. I never expected to win either of those, especially on the road. However, the Bears at home? The Vikings? A good team wins those games.

DaneMcCloud
12-08-2015, 05:43 PM
I've witnessed the last 4 playoff disasters in person.

And finally, we get to the root of the problem.

Stay home this year!

:D

temper11
12-08-2015, 05:45 PM
You team jumping fans have me confused with someone else.....I don't voice my opinion on much chiefs related material because of just that reason....I don't pay attention.

I haven't jumped teams, but my post wasn't directed at yours alone. Many Chiefs fans have said much the same thing. Again, no disrespect and it's completely up to each individual what they do with their time. It just surprises me - I've not seen anything like it on the Niners board. Everyone there spends half their time trying to out-fan everyone else! (i.e. "I am such a dedicated fan, I watch the niners on 2 TV's side by side!" blah blah blah). Strange to see people here, very active in the forum, and then meh about watching the games. Like I said though, to each their own.

DaneMcCloud
12-08-2015, 05:46 PM
I give you GB and Cinci. I never expected to win either of those, especially on the road. However, the Bears at home? The Vikings? A good team wins those games.

This is a very, very different Chiefs team than in September and early October.

I have absolutely no doubt that the Chiefs would beat both the Vikings and Chicago as of today and I'd give them a 70-30 chance to beat Green Bay at this point.

Frosty
12-08-2015, 05:48 PM
I haven't jumped teams, but my post wasn't directed at yours alone. Many Chiefs fans have said much the same thing. Again, no disrespect and it's completely up to each individual what they do with their time. It just surprises me - I've not seen anything like it on the Niners board. Everyone there spends half their time trying to out-fan everyone else! (i.e. "I am such a dedicated fan, I watch the niners on 2 TV's side by side!" blah blah blah). Strange to see people here, very active in the forum, and then meh about watching the games. Like I said though, to each their own.

That's because the 49ers fans haven't been repeatedly kicked in the nuts by their team, for more than 40 years.

Frosty
12-08-2015, 05:49 PM

I have absolutely no doubt that the Chiefs would beat both the Vikings and Chicago as of today and I'd give them a 70-30 chance to beat Green Bay at this point.

I agree, especially since Chicago is in a death spiral.

My post just had to do with the idea that Reid should be coach of the year. I don't agree at this point unless the Chiefs go deep into the play-offs.

temper11
12-08-2015, 05:51 PM
That's because the 49ers fans haven't been repeatedly kicked in the nuts by their team, for more than 40 years.

Could be... I said in an earlier post that maybe it's something only a long time Chiefs fan would understand.

Bearcat
12-08-2015, 05:52 PM

Back in the day, we had a lot of CP gatherings and the annual CP Bash (don't think we've had one in a few years), so there are a lot of long time posters who have met each other several times, tailgated together, etc. I think that's a big part of it, along with how the board isn't 100% Chiefs, there's a ton of off topic stuff, Royals, college sports, etc... my interest in the NFL overall has declined quite a bit, but this place has always been more than stopping by to talk about the Chiefs.

OnTheWarpath15
12-08-2015, 05:55 PM

The Vikings are what, 8-5?

Not exactly a pushover.

temper11
12-08-2015, 05:55 PM
Back in the day, we had a lot of CP gatherings and the annual CP Bash (don't think we've had one in a few years), so there are a lot of long time posters who have met each other several times, tailgated together, etc. I think that's a big part of it, along with how the board isn't 100% Chiefs, there's a ton of off topic stuff, Royals, college sports, etc... my interest in the NFL overall has declined quite a bit, but this place has always been more than stopping by to talk about the Chiefs.

Pretty cool actually, that many of you get together (in person). That is also unusual from my experience.

OnTheWarpath15
12-08-2015, 05:56 PM
And finally, we get to the root of the problem.

Stay home this year!

:D

Probably will happen this year when I don't go.

We've spent a ton of money on the house, our 10-year anniversary is this summer and I just found out today I have tickets to the Ryder Cup in September.

Probably not going to spend the money, unless they are in Indy.

Buehler445
12-08-2015, 05:57 PM

Not exactly a pushover.

Playing in a weak nfc north. Detroit and Chicago were tire fires early. And they just got shelled at home by the seachickens who were on the outside of the playoffs when the demolition began.

OnTheWarpath15

In all fairness, those teams are very, very different than they were in September.

I would hope we could beat GB, they are a dumpster fire right now.

Frosty

Not exactly a pushover.

I've seen a few of the Vikings games this season including the shellacking by the Seahawks last week and don't think they are a powerhouse. They are a decent team but they are basically the Bills with an easier schedule.

OnTheWarpath15
12-08-2015, 05:58 PM
Playing in a weak nfc north. Detroit and Chicago were tire fires early. And they just got shelled at home by the seachickens who were on the outside of the playoffs when the demolition began.

I forgot, every division is weak outside the AFCW.

OnTheWarpath15
12-08-2015, 05:58 PM
I've seen a few of the Vikings games this season including the shellacking by the Seahawks last week and don't think they are a powerhouse. They are a decent team but they are basically the Bills with an easier schedule.

I'd bet good money that there are a lot of fans of other teams that think the exact same thing about us.

Personally, there are a ton of teams I don't trust until I see them win a playoff game.

DaneMcCloud
12-08-2015, 06:00 PM
In all fairness, those teams are very, very different than they were in September.

I would hope we could beat GB, they are a dumpster fire right now.

It's crazy how upside down most teams have been all season.

The most consistent teams have been Denver, Cincy, Arizona and of course, Carolina.

Had NE's receiving corp stayed healthy all year (along with their offensive line), they'd be running away with the AFC.

Bearcat
12-08-2015, 06:01 PM

Not exactly a pushover.

Detroit twice, Chicago, San Diego, St. Louis, Oakland, and Atlanta

And there's probably a Super Bowl thread on their message board. :(

BigMeatballDave
12-08-2015, 06:03 PM
Ill just say this.....

Id rather sit through a million winning seasons that end in playoff busts, than to sit through seasons like 2008, 2009 and 2012 again.

Did you forget about the 07 season?

OnTheWarpath15
12-08-2015, 06:07 PM
It's crazy how upside down most teams have been all season.

The most consistent teams have been Denver, Cincy, Arizona and of course, Carolina.

Had NE's receiving corp stayed healthy all year (along with their offensive line), they'd be running away with the AFC.

Agree 100%.

OnTheWarpath15
12-08-2015, 06:07 PM
Detroit twice, Chicago, San Diego, St. Louis, Oakland, and Atlanta

And there's probably a Super Bowl thread on their message board. :(

LMAO

OnTheWarpath15
12-08-2015, 06:15 PM
Dane, I gotta ask since I haven't been around much...

Thoughts on Carolina?

Not sure why, but I'm having a hard time believing in them.

Rausch
12-08-2015, 06:17 PM
Ill just say this.....

I'd sit through 20 losing seasons just to see my team win one fucking super bowl.

I don't care how many great dates you go on if you're still a 40 year old virgin...

DaneMcCloud
12-08-2015, 06:20 PM
Dane, I gotta ask since I haven't been around much...

Thoughts on Carolina?

Not sure why, but I'm having a hard time believing in them.

I've watched them a few times and while Cam's playing out of his mind, I don't think they've got enough ammo to beat Arizona.

And while they beat Seattle earlier this season (while Seattle was struggling) and the Packers, those are the only two teams with a winning record that they've beaten this season.

I think Seattle would give them a run for their money in the playoffs because they've suddenly come alive.

OnTheWarpath15
12-08-2015, 06:21 PM
I've watched them a few times and while Cam's playing out of his mind, I don't think they've got enough ammo to beat Arizona.

And while they beat Seattle earlier this season (while Seattle was struggling) and the Packers, those are the only two teams with a winning record that they've beaten this season.

I think Seattle would give them a run for their money in the playoffs because they've suddenly come alive.

Kinda where I'm at with them.

I think they've been fortunate regarding who they've played, and when they've played them.

They are a good team, no doubt. But best in the league?

Not seeing it.

KCrockaholic
12-08-2015, 06:26 PM
I've never had such a low so quickly into a season because of the initial expectations. And I've never had such a high after such a low in any season in sports.

I'm thoroughly enjoying the season now. I remember being a tad frustrated and really not even caring during the Detroit Lions game. Frustrated because we were losing draft position. I had no emotion at all during the Lions game. Fast forward to these past 4 weeks and I've enjoyed every game like I was hoping I would going into the season. I'm excited. Let's win a playoff game.

Frosty
12-08-2015, 06:30 PM

It's weird how the Seahawks' offense came alive after they lost Lynch. Kind of like the Chiefs' offense after Charles went down.

DaneMcCloud
12-08-2015, 06:44 PM
It's weird how the Seahawks' offense came alive after they lost Lynch. Kind of like the Chiefs' offense after Charles went down.

I think the Chiefs, like the Seahawks, were relying too much on their "star" player, instead of calling a game that was more appropriate for the defenses they've been facing.

We saw it here constantly: "Jamaal needs more carries". Yet the running game has been just as effective, if not more, without him.

Frosty
12-08-2015, 06:49 PM
I think the Chiefs, like the Seahawks, were relying too much on their "star" player, instead of calling a game that was more appropriate for the defenses they've been facing.

We saw it here constantly: "Jamaal needs more carries". Yet the running game has been just as effective, if not more, without him.

Both teams are letting their QBs throw more too which helps back the defense off.

Deberg_1990
12-08-2015, 06:51 PM
Did you forget about the 07 season?

Yes I did. Thanks. :)

O.city
12-08-2015, 06:52 PM
Arizona looks really really good

Frosty
12-08-2015, 06:56 PM
Arizona looks really really good

I'm still expecting the annual Palmer injury.

Deberg_1990
12-08-2015, 07:04 PM
I'd sit through 20 losing seasons just to see my team win one ****ing super bowl.

I don't care how many great dates you go on if you're still a 40 year old virgin...

I get this mentality. Especially if you've been a longtime fan and know the history of this franchise.

I've learned to just sit back and enjoy the journey, even if the destination ends at shitsville.

Psyko Tek
12-08-2015, 10:50 PM
It's hard not to vote for the 4th option. Of course, there will be disappointment for us all (except Claynus and maybe new sidekick BigDaddy) if the Chiefs lose the WC game.

Still.. they get tossed from the WC game, they get tossed. I'll still feel that it was a fun season, and that I git my money's worth from Sunday Ticket. I think there has only been one other team in history to come back from 1-5 and make the playoffs? and that is without Jamaal Charles? .. pretty good job, especially with a busted up/crappy OL.

I think they get in and WIN a playoff game this time. :)

I gave up on the chiefs somewhere in the herm years, I just try to enjoy the games
we are winning good now it's fun
I am 50 so my give a fuck level on anything is low

KChiefs1
12-08-2015, 11:10 PM
Loving it.

Psyko Tek
12-08-2015, 11:13 PM

i WANNA KNOW WHAT CHANGED, SOMETHING HAPPENED IN THE COACHING STAFF, JOB PANIC? PLAY CALLING
O AND d GOT BETTER PLAY CALLING AND ADJUSTMENTS, sutton never didi half time adjustments

sorry cap lock not re typing it