PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Simms has Peters has DROY

oaklandhater
12-09-2015, 03:57 PM
<iframe src="http://bleacherreport.com/video_embed?id=5xeDNmeTqmlfNf5GFHDC68YSmvy2ojBW" width="630" height="355" allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" seamless></iframe>

The Franchise
12-09-2015, 03:59 PM
Peters Island.

ModSocks
12-09-2015, 04:00 PM
I love me some Peters (heh) but "shutdown corner" and ability to "have his own island" is a bit premature.

oaklandhater
12-09-2015, 04:00 PM
Gonna be fun watching Peters and cooper go at it for Years to come.

Simply Red
12-09-2015, 04:03 PM
def. doper than blue dreams.

staylor26
12-09-2015, 04:16 PM
I love me some Peters (heh) but "shutdown corner" and ability to "have his own island" is a bit premature.

It really isn't when you know what you're looking for. There have probably been a handful of rookie CB's in the last decade that have flashed as much as Peters. To come in and look like a #1 CB from day 1 is almost like coming in and looking like a franchise QB from day 1.

FlaChief58
12-09-2015, 04:16 PM
I'd love it if they could get a deal done with S. Smith to keep these guys together for a few more years

ModSocks
12-09-2015, 04:20 PM
It really isn't when you know what you're looking for. There have probably been a handful of rookie CB's in the last decade that have flashed as much as Peters. To come in and look like a #1 CB from day 1 is almost like coming in and looking like a franchise QB from day 1.

Im not saying it doesn't look like he has the potential, he's obviously ahead of most rookies. But the video is talking as if he's already arrived.

ModSocks
12-09-2015, 04:21 PM
I'd love it if they could get a deal done with S. Smith to keep these guys together for a few more years

I hope so. Everytime i think of Sean Smith i think of him punking Chad Johnson in the Dolphins' "Hard Knocks" season. That was great.

staylor26
12-09-2015, 04:23 PM
Im not saying it doesn't look like he has the potential, he's obviously ahead of most rookies. But the video is talking as if he's already arrived.

Ok I hadn't watched the video, so I was assuming he was taking in terms of his potential.

penbrook
12-09-2015, 04:27 PM

Apprently Peters stayed at Sean Smiths house for a while in the offseason to work out with him. Ron Parker was saying that they feed off of each other and without Smith well Peters wouldn't be who he is this season

FlaChief58
12-09-2015, 04:28 PM

I know that we as Chiefs fans aren't used to seeing that kind of production from a rookie but the guy has FIVE picks in his first 12 games while matched up against some pretty damn good WR's.

Unless something goes terribly wrong, this guy is going to go down as one of the greats

ModSocks
12-09-2015, 04:30 PM
Apprently Peters stayed at Sean Smiths house for a while in the offseason to work out with him. Ron Parker was saying that they feed off of each other and without Smith well Peters wouldn't be who he is this season

They seem like two guys that would get along pretty well.

Rain Man
12-09-2015, 04:33 PM

That's really sweet.

TLO
12-09-2015, 04:35 PM
You know what I haven't had in a while? Big League Chew.

FlaChief58
12-09-2015, 04:42 PM
Ron Parker was saying that they feed off of each other and without Smith well Peters wouldn't be who he is this season

Considering that Peters had a rep. for being hot headded, I'm glad Smith took him under his wing.

Git er done Dorsey

BigMeatballDave
12-09-2015, 04:55 PM
Peters is quickly becoming one of my favorites.

Really hope they can re-sign SS.

Clay nailed Sean Smith. He sucks so bad, right? :)

Iconic
12-09-2015, 05:04 PM
Honestly... he's going to be a future HOF. You can feel these things, like Peters just radiates potential.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-09-2015, 05:12 PM
We need to lock up Smith and Berry. And this secondary with continued success is gonna need a nickname

ModSocks
12-09-2015, 05:19 PM

His first season with the Chiefs was kinda shitty tbh. He's been nails since though.

oaklandhater
12-09-2015, 05:19 PM
I know that we as Chiefs fans aren't used to seeing that kind of production from a rookie but the guy has FIVE picks in his first 12 games while matched up against some pretty damn good WR's.

Unless something goes terribly wrong, this guy is going to go down as one of the greats

Just show's how bad bartee was when he was here people were making excuses for him dude never had one int.

staylor26
12-09-2015, 05:22 PM

That whole Sean Smith situation just goes to show you how limited his football knowledge is. All he did was use PFF to back up his claim that Smith sucked, completely dismissing the fact that he was playing in the wrong scheme and would be a much better fit in ours.

ThaVirus
12-09-2015, 05:25 PM
His first season with the Chiefs was kinda shitty tbh. He's been nails since though.

Nah, man. He was often our best CB in 2013.

milkman
12-09-2015, 06:03 PM
Claythan owns you dumbasses.

He is inside of all of your heads.

ModSocks
12-09-2015, 06:20 PM
Nah, man. He was often our best CB in 2013.

We've been arguing about this since '13. My stance won't change. Even if he was our best, he was still mediocre.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-09-2015, 06:26 PM
To have guys like Peters, Houston, Poe, probably Howard and Berry, and others going forward.... is nice.

ChiefsLV
12-09-2015, 06:34 PM
Peters is really more of a playmaker than he is a shut down corner. He's given up his share of pass plays this year but he's more than made up for it

jspchief
12-09-2015, 06:50 PM
Peters is really more of a playmaker than he is a shut down corner. He's given up his share of pass plays this year but he's more than made up for it
Agree. Smith is a guy that covers his man tight, effectively shutting him down. He doesn't get his head around for ints as much, but he makes qbs throw elsewhere.

Peters is a guy that will make plays on the ball.

RINGLEADER
12-09-2015, 07:09 PM
My only concern with Peters is he loses his mind on the field or, even worse, off of it.

Direckshun
12-09-2015, 07:14 PM
Peters has had a very good rookie year, but I think Ronald Darby deserves it.

Saccopoo
12-09-2015, 08:13 PM
Just show's how bad bartee was when he was here people were making excuses for him dude never had one int.

Not nearly as bad as when nearly everyone on here was begging/screaming for the Chiefs to "Pay da man!" with Brandon Carr.

Saccopoo
12-09-2015, 08:19 PM

He gambles a lot, especially for a rookie. They keep focusing on him playing off the receiver on the television, but he's doing it in order to bait the QB into throwing that way so he can anticipate the throw for a pick. He's ballsy as shit. No fear whatsoever of any QB or WR.

He was like that in college. When he was on, he was the best player on a defense that had four guys picked in the first 44 picks of the 2015 draft.

The more he reps and watches NFL film, the better he'll get. Working against a guy like Alex in practice will help him immensely as well as Smith isn't prone to making bad throws. And having Thomas as his position coach is enormous.

He's in a very good situation with the Chiefs to get as good as his skills and desire will take him.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-09-2015, 08:22 PM
Peters won't get beat as much as he gains experience. He also won't get as many INT's because he won't get throw at as much.

Just the way it works for upcoming corners.

Coochie liquor
12-09-2015, 08:26 PM

This. It would be very hard to pass on us with those them both here for another 3-4 years until Smith is done.

oaklandhater
12-10-2015, 12:19 AM
Not nearly as bad as when nearly everyone on here was begging/screaming for the Chiefs to "Pay da man!" with Brandon Carr.

I was one of em thought we kept the wrong Brandon guess I was right since Carr is having a much better year then flowers.

I think flowers is like one of the worst rated CB's on PFF right now.

penbrook
12-10-2015, 12:38 AM
Peters has had a very good rookie year, but I think Ronald Darby deserves it.

Peters has more INTs than him, has more oases defensed actually he leads the NFL in passes defense and he leads the NFL in INT return yards. Darby should be runner up but no way in hell he gets it over Peters!

ThaVirus
12-10-2015, 01:04 AM
Peters has more INTs than him, has more oases defensed actually he leads the NFL in passes defense and he leads the NFL in INT return yards. Darby should be runner up but no way in hell he gets it over Peters!

At one point Darby had allowed signifcantly fewer TDs and yards. I'm not sure how they stack up now but playing CB is more than just racking up INTs.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-10-2015, 01:52 AM
Have our own stud...pimp a Bill ROFL

Direckshun
12-10-2015, 02:22 AM

Darby is a blanket in coverage and he's strong against the run.

Peters is a playmaker but he's got a little further to go than Darby does at this time.

Tribal Warfare
12-10-2015, 03:43 AM

he doesn't have the long speed to qualify as one, unless he becomes more of a technician like James Hasty to compensate. Currently, he's Aqib Talib clone in the short and intermediate passing game.