PDA

View Full Version : Life Sweaty/Stinky feet

Buehler445
12-09-2015, 10:06 PM
OK, so I've never had stinky feet. I've played a bunch of sports and never really had stinky feet problems unless I didn't wear socks, or don't let shoes air out after a game or something like that.

Fast forward to last year. I wear boots to work. In the middle of the summer my feet started to get really sweaty. Like REALLY sweaty. My skin got pretty irritated because my skin was wet all the time. So it's summer, sometimes those big glass cabs don't stay cool very well. No problem, I started wearing tennis shoes. They breathe a little better so my feet aren't irritated all the time, but they are still far sweatier than normal and my feet stink pretty bad now. And it isn't like I'm playing basketball or anything, I'm just at damn work. On into the winter I still couldn't wear boots because of the foot sweat issue. And even in the winter, my shoes stink. And they never have before.

What the hell changed 30 years into my life? Is there some underlying physiological issue that would manifest itself as excessive foot sweat? Is there anything I can do? I'd really like to get back to wearing boots.

NOTE: I already tried to add antifreeze, thinking I was low on coolant.

RealSNR
12-09-2015, 10:12 PM
Talk to Rex Ryan. He probably knows.

mdchiefsfan
12-09-2015, 10:13 PM
OK, so I've never had stinky feet. I've played a bunch of sports and never really had stinky feet problems unless I didn't wear socks, or don't let shoes air out after a game or something like that.

Fast forward to last year. I wear boots to work. In the middle of the summer my feet started to get really sweaty. Like REALLY sweaty. My skin got pretty irritated because my skin was wet all the time. So it's summer, sometimes those big glass cabs don't stay cool very well. No problem, I started wearing tennis shoes. They breathe a little better so my feet aren't irritated all the time, but they are still far sweatier than normal and my feet stink pretty bad now. And it isn't like I'm playing basketball or anything, I'm just at damn work. On into the winter I still couldn't wear boots because of the foot sweat issue. And even in the winter, my shoes stink. And they never have before.

What the hell changed 30 years into my life? Is there some underlying physiological issue that would manifest itself as excessive foot sweat? Is there anything I can do? I'd really like to get back to wearing boots.

NOTE: I already tried to add antifreeze, thinking I was low on coolant.

Two pairs of shoes and rotate every day; change socks at least once a day/wear two pairs of socks per day; clean and dry your feet thoroughly; wear socks that ventilate well.

Those are some of the things I do. You're getting older; the body changes.

Bugeater
12-09-2015, 10:16 PM
Try taking a shower once in a while? :shrug:

ntexascardfan
12-09-2015, 10:17 PM
Won't help with the sweating, but have you tried a polyester blend sock over regular cotton socks?

That should at least help with the skin irritation.

mdchiefsfan
12-09-2015, 10:20 PM

And don't follow Donger's tips to showering LMAO

Lonewolf Ed
12-09-2015, 10:24 PM
If you start eating Limburger cheese and onion sandwiches, soon you won't notice your feet stinking. The bacteria on your feet is the same that they use to make the cheese! *shudder*

tmw4h5
12-09-2015, 10:25 PM
Had awful, smelly feet for years. Awful, smelly shoes too.

I now give shoes 24 hours between wearing them to let them properly dry. Bacteria love moist conditions.
Also, as soon as you get home, take your socks off. Give your feet a bit of time to dry off and then put socks back on, or just go barefoot around the house.

Discuss Thrower
12-09-2015, 10:37 PM
I never notice my feet smelling that bad, but my morning breath is enough to knock a buzzard off a shithouse and the smell of my sack after a typical day? Holy fuck it's bad.

Brock
12-09-2015, 10:40 PM
Talc up

Brock
12-09-2015, 10:40 PM
I'd also recommend tinting those windows.

Simply Red
12-09-2015, 10:41 PM
I don't have this issue - however you CAN put deodorant on your feet. Like stick deodorant.

Buehler445
12-09-2015, 10:47 PM
Two pairs of shoes and rotate every day; change socks at least once a day/wear two pairs of socks per day; clean and dry your feet thoroughly; wear socks that ventilate well.

Those are some of the things I do. You're getting older; the body changes.

Since I switched to running shoes that are barely there they get dry overnight. Switching socks during the day is tough during the busy season. I do wear good breathable running socks. I don't know how bad the sweat would be if I wore the old Hanes. That would be horrible.

Every night. For the last 32 years. No exceptions.

Had awful, smelly feet for years. Awful, smelly shoes too.

I now give shoes 24 hours between wearing them to let them properly dry. Bacteria love moist conditions.
Also, as soon as you get home, take your socks off. Give your feet a bit of time to dry off and then put socks back on, or just go barefoot around the house.

I'll try to change my socks and shoes when I get home but I have plantar faciitis (I had it way before manning made it whiney) so it really isn't in the cards for me to go barefoot.

Talc up

I'll give that a try but there is no way that will last all day in the busy season.

Buehler445
12-09-2015, 10:48 PM
I'd also recommend tinting those windows.

I could but I don't think that's the underlying problem.

Brock
12-09-2015, 10:55 PM
Since I switched to running shoes that are barely there they get dry overnight. Switching socks during the day is tough during the busy season. I do wear good breathable running socks. I don't know how bad the sweat would be if I wore the old Hanes. That would be horrible.

Every night. For the last 32 years. No exceptions.

I'll try to change my socks and shoes when I get home but I have plantar faciitis (I had it way before manning made it whiney) so it really isn't in the cards for me to go barefoot.

I'll give that a try but there is no way that will last all day in the busy season.

I carry around a bottle of gold bond. It's refreshing!

Brock
12-09-2015, 10:56 PM
I could but I don't think that's the underlying problem.

No, but it cuts the temp in the cab by about half.

Simply Red
12-09-2015, 11:06 PM

http://i.imgur.com/sDYxzjJ.jpg

LiveSteam
12-09-2015, 11:07 PM
Never had stinky feet. Bought a cheap pair of boots once & the stinky started. Shit canned the $50.00 boots and bought a $150-200.00 pair of Wolverine from TSC. Problem fixed. I think it was the crap Asian leather?

srvy
12-09-2015, 11:13 PM
No man made material especially inside the boot or sneaker. This is easier said that done insoles and liners are usually man made. Pull the crap out replace with leather insoles. Try to get boots that have no liners inside. Oh and replace the insoles often.

Get a good medicated foot powder like Gold Bond or Dr Shoalls. Burts Bees has some I have not tried but hear good things about.

Or just wear leather sandal's seems to work for the mooslims.

srvy
12-09-2015, 11:21 PM
Oh forgot to mention soak those piggies in epson salts once and a while. If feet get to bad soak in warm water and clorox not a lot. Note this removes the smell but dries out the feet so again a good unscented lotion like Euceron or corn silk.

If all fails diesel fuel and a bic lighter.

Perineum Ripper
12-09-2015, 11:23 PM
Every time I went to Iraq or Afghanistan..anyplace in the middle east for work I used this..works great for me

http://www.gianteagle.com/ProductImages/PRODUCT_NODE_931/311017405581.jpg

TLO
12-09-2015, 11:30 PM
It feels like we're slowly but surely morphing into a "do you powder your balls"type situation. And frankly, I love it. :clap:

TLO
12-09-2015, 11:42 PM
I never notice my feet smelling that bad, but my morning breath is enough to knock a buzzard off a shithouse and the smell of my sack after a typical day? Holy **** it's bad.
http://i.imgur.com/7RrFkEp.gif

You seem like a miserable human being. A very nice one though. I will admit that.

Perineum Ripper
12-09-2015, 11:45 PM
It feels like we're slowly but surely morphing into a "do you powder your balls"type situation. And frankly, I love it. :clap:

There is a dirty joke in there Red..but you are too nice to say it to

Discuss Thrower
12-09-2015, 11:47 PM
http://i.imgur.com/7RrFkEp.gif

You seem like a miserable human being. A very nice one though. I will admit that.

Bad breath is most likely a product of a bad diet or the fact I'm clenching my jaw really tightly at night.

The bawsaq smell though..? I dunno wtf to do about that.

Bufkin
12-10-2015, 12:17 AM
http://troll.me/images/helen-thomas/this-thread-makes-me-moist-thumb.jpg

ThaVirus
12-10-2015, 12:43 AM
I've had the same issue with work shoes, actually. Never had the problem in my life until recently. My theory is that the shoes don't breathe well. I've noticed my feet start sweating legitimately 15 minutes into a shift. It's warm, wet, and dark in your shoe so it's a great place for bacteria to reproduce.

What I like to do is pour baby powder on the insides of each sock as well as the interior of each shoe. It really helps keep your feet dry and fresh.

TLO
12-10-2015, 02:13 AM
http://troll.me/images/helen-thomas/this-thread-makes-me-moist-thumb.jpg

http://treasure.diylol.com/uploads/post/image/412575/resized_grandma-finds-the-internet-meme-generator-well-i-do-enjoy-sudoku-maybe-i-ll-like-this-bukkake-fdf173.jpg

DMAC
12-10-2015, 07:02 AM
I bought my son a pair of Vasque boots for his birthday.

Now when he wears them his feet smell like cat piss.

Predarat
12-10-2015, 07:58 AM
A really odd thing happened to me. My shoes are terrible, I was using on old pair of shoes for some outside work. I stepped in the door, took them off and set them down by the kitchen counter. There was a fermented jar of spiced peaches on the counter right by where the shoes were. My rambunctious son knocked it over, spilled it all over my shoes. Once I rinsed them off I noticed there was no more horrible scent. So I tried putting the fermented spiced peaches on my other shoes. Same thing, it even works on my feet. I takes the scent away for a week or so, then you have to do it again. It works for about a month on shoes. Fermented peaches making horrible shoe scent, whodda thunk that???

tooge
12-10-2015, 08:43 AM
old people stink more than young people.

loochy
12-10-2015, 09:07 AM
Use some spray deodorant on your soles. I'm for real.

mdchiefsfan
12-10-2015, 10:09 AM
Bad breath is most likely a product of a bad diet or the fact I'm clenching my jaw really tightly at night.

The bawsaq smell though..? I dunno wtf to do about that.

Might want to ask the boyfriend to just let you sleep. :D

Buehler445
12-10-2015, 10:12 AM
old people stink more than young people.

What the hell am I going to smell like when I'm your age? :D

tooge
12-10-2015, 11:09 AM
What the hell am I going to smell like when I'm your age? :D

just don't wear shoes

ThaVirus
12-10-2015, 11:36 AM
A really odd thing happened to me. My shoes are terrible, I was using on old pair of shoes for some outside work. I stepped in the door, took them off and set them down by the kitchen counter. There was a fermented jar of spiced peaches on the counter right by where the shoes were. My rambunctious son knocked it over, spilled it all over my shoes. Once I rinsed them off I noticed there was no more horrible scent. So I tried putting the fermented spiced peaches on my other shoes. Same thing, it even works on my feet. I takes the scent away for a week or so, then you have to do it again. It works for about a month on shoes. Fermented peaches making horrible shoe scent, whodda thunk that???

Sounds familiar... like the movie Holes.

Donger
12-10-2015, 11:41 AM
Don't wash them.

TLO
12-10-2015, 11:59 AM
Sounds familiar... like the movie Holes.

I love that movie/book.

Fish
12-10-2015, 12:18 PM
You have a bacterial explosion happening on your feet. The nasty odor is from the bacteria, not necessarily the sweat. The sweat just provides a nice environment for bacteria to grow. And once you get a bacterial buildup, it's really hard to get rid of.

Kill off the bacteria, and your feet can sweat again without smelling like hell every time. Killing the bacteria involves either medicated foot powder daily for a long time, or keeping your feet completely clean and dry for many days, or taking some prescribed medication for it. I'd start with the medicated foot powder. Apply every day. It's important to apply to your shoes after you take them off for the night, so the powder can dry things out without your foot being present. Not just right before you put them on in the morning. Do that for a few weeks, and I bet it clears up.

Mr. Laz
12-10-2015, 01:28 PM
Check/Kill bacteria athletes foot etc

Wear Moisture Wicking Socks

RaiderH8r
12-10-2015, 02:01 PM
I play hockey and dealing with stink is a constant battle. Bacteria are the problem so whatever you put in the shoes needs to be anti-microbial. There's tons of stuff on the market but a 50-50 water-rubbing alcohol spray works well to kill of bacteria. Make sure the shoes get a chance to dry fully and change out of your socks first chance you get. Wash the feet, let them dry and put on dry, clean socks if you wish. May want to look into some anti-fungal/bacterial foot sprays if you have athlete's foot, trench foot or whatever.

Also, trim and clean under your nails you filthy motherfuckers.

Buehler445
12-10-2015, 02:01 PM
You have a bacterial explosion happening on your feet. The nasty odor is from the bacteria, not necessarily the sweat. The sweat just provides a nice environment for bacteria to grow. And once you get a bacterial buildup, it's really hard to get rid of.

Kill off the bacteria, and your feet can sweat again without smelling like hell every time. Killing the bacteria involves either medicated foot powder daily for a long time, or keeping your feet completely clean and dry for many days, or taking some prescribed medication for it. I'd start with the medicated foot powder. Apply every day. It's important to apply to your shoes after you take them off for the night, so the powder can dry things out without your foot being present. Not just right before you put them on in the morning. Do that for a few weeks, and I bet it clears up.

I really think the sweat is the problem. The volume of sweat is remarkably high. I think the stink is a function of increased sweat volume. It doesn't stink awful, but my shoes do stink. The problem is I can't wear boots without feeling like I jumped in the pool with boots on.

Fish
12-10-2015, 02:23 PM
I really think the sweat is the problem. The volume of sweat is remarkably high. I think the stink is a function of increased sweat volume. It doesn't stink awful, but my shoes do stink. The problem is I can't wear boots without feeling like I jumped in the pool with boots on.

Sweat has no smell though. Bacteria is the only reason that sweat stinks. That was my point. Kill off some of the bacteria and it won't matter how much you sweat because sweat doesn't stink by itself.

RaiderH8r
12-10-2015, 03:16 PM
Sweat has no smell though. Bacteria is the only reason that sweat stinks. That was my point. Kill off some of the bacteria and it won't matter how much you sweat because sweat doesn't stink by itself.

Bingo.

Buehler445
12-10-2015, 03:17 PM

But then the volume of sweat is still a problem because that's why I had to quit wearing boots.

BucEyedPea
12-10-2015, 03:19 PM
It's your gmo diet.

mdchiefsfan
12-10-2015, 05:12 PM
And don't follow Donger's tips to showering LMAO

Don't wash them.

SEE!? ROFL

mdchiefsfan
12-10-2015, 05:15 PM

But then the volume of sweat is still a problem because that's why I had to quit wearing boots.

No offense, but why ask for help just to shoot all offers down?

RaiderH8r
12-10-2015, 05:40 PM
His feet smell like an anchovy's ****. Rhymes with punt.

Buehler445
12-10-2015, 05:54 PM
No offense, but why ask for help just to shoot all offers down?

It's not my intention to be disrespectful or ungrateful, but I really need to get to the sweat issue. I genuinely think something changed in my sweat output.

Or I could be completely crazy.

BucEyedPea
12-10-2015, 05:59 PM
Ask a doctor.

mdchiefsfan
12-10-2015, 06:15 PM
It's not my intention to be disrespectful or ungrateful, but I really need to get to the sweat issue. I genuinely think something changed in my sweat output.

Or I could be completely crazy.

If it's that concerning to you, I'd recommend a doctor. That would be your best bet. There really isn't much that can be done to stop sweating besides what you seem to have already done.

Buehler445
12-10-2015, 06:16 PM
If it's that concerning to you, I'd recommend a doctor. That would be your best bet. There really isn't much that can be done to stop sweating besides what you seem to have already done.

I was hoping for CP magic.

I'm definitely going to do some of the stuff in this thread though.

mdchiefsfan
12-10-2015, 06:17 PM
I was hoping for CP magic.

I'm definitely going to do some of the stuff in this thread though.

LMAO Been there before. Best of luck, dude.

Squalor2
12-10-2015, 09:19 PM
OK, so I've never had stinky feet.

your lymph nodes might be full. buy yourself some therapeutic massages. dont get a crappy 20 min barely time.

Dinny Bossa Nova
12-10-2015, 09:59 PM
Thank your lucky stars you don't have a terminal case of the swamp ass.

I can't help with your nasty feet thing, but here's a little song to cheer you up.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/D9FBQ1O5F8k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Squalor2
12-10-2015, 10:10 PM
Thank your lucky stars you don't have a terminal case of the swamp ass.

I can't help with your nasty feet thing, but here's a little song to cheer you up.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/D9FBQ1O5F8k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

fuckin monsanto. no jingle bastards.

Fat Elvis
12-10-2015, 11:46 PM

I'd follow the advice of a couple of folks on here and go see a doctor. Sometimes a sudden onset of excessive sweat is a sign of a change in your thyroid or central nervous system (or really, any number of conditions), neither of which is something you want to ignore. It is probably nothing, but go get it checked out.

Squalor2
12-11-2015, 12:08 AM
I'd follow the advice of a couple of folks on here and go see a doctor. Sometimes a sudden onset of excessive sweat is a sign of a change in your thyroid or central nervous system (or really, any number of conditions), neither of which is something you want to ignore. It is probably nothing, but go get it checked out.

if beuhler used antiperspirants...,

RaiderH8r
12-11-2015, 07:55 AM

Dr. Jellyfinger to exam room 1. Dr. Jellyfinger to exam room 1.

Buehler445
12-11-2015, 08:22 AM
Dr. Jellyfinger to exam room 1. Dr. Jellyfinger to exam room 1.

Better than Dr David Robinson hands :D