PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Andrew Luck might be out for the season

RunKC
12-14-2015, 01:39 PM
Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter-Though J. Irsay suggested Andrew Luck could return from lacerated kidney this week, uncertainty exists about when/if he'll return this year.

RunKC
12-14-2015, 01:43 PM
The Chiefs could look at playing a backup QB in the first round whether they get the 5th or 6th seed.

Wow

Mile High Mania
12-14-2015, 01:47 PM
The Chiefs could look at playing a backup QB in the first round whether they get the 5th or 6th seed.

Wow

That's been the team's luck this season more often than not... I think you definitely want IND in the first game, just to improve the chances of ending the streak.

Buehler445
12-14-2015, 01:49 PM
Nope. He'll start the chiefs game. Then he'll fist us.

Mr. Arrowhead
12-14-2015, 01:54 PM
Would you guys rather win division and get a home game against Jets, Broncos, or steelers or would you rather go on the road to play Indy or Houston?

Buehler445
12-14-2015, 01:56 PM
Would you guys rather win division and get a home game against Jets, Broncos, or steelers or would you rather go on the road to play Indy or Houston?

Doesn't matter. Beat whomever you draw. Get the monkey off the back. matchups don't matter much in the playoffs: See 2013 WC game.

Sully
12-14-2015, 01:58 PM
I want Indy. At their place.

ThaVirus
12-14-2015, 02:03 PM
Part of me wants Indy but that turf gave our guys hell last time. Could we expect to see a multitude of injuries if we go back there?

Whatever. I'm ready for anyone. I'd just prefer it wasn't the Steelers.

RunKC
12-14-2015, 02:04 PM
I'm only nervous about the Steelers and Pats. I'd prefer to beat Indy bc fuck them and what they've done to us.

Mile High Mania
12-14-2015, 02:05 PM
Sounds like Dalton won't need surgery and they 'hope he'll be ready for the playoffs'. I certainly hope that means he's out the next two weeks. I don't mind...

TLO
12-14-2015, 02:09 PM

Wow

Teams in past would have lost - because we are the Chiefs.

This team is different though.

ThaVirus
12-14-2015, 02:15 PM
This guest doctor on ESPN just said he thinks it's highly unlikely Dalton would play at all this season, including the playoffs, if he doesn't get surgery, which he's elected not to do.

So it'll be interesting to see how that shakes out.

RunKC
12-14-2015, 02:17 PM
Kevin Bowen@KBowenColts-Andrew Luck says the goal is to practice this week. Still doesn't feel 100% back yet

Colts.com writer

FloridaMan88
12-14-2015, 02:23 PM
Andrew Luck is wheeled onto the field hooked to a dialysis machine to rip the Chiefs hearts out again in the playoffs.

Why do I see that happening.

Saccopoo
12-14-2015, 02:28 PM
Take any of them. Bailey, Houston and Allen back mean as much or more than anything any other team has got going.

TimBone
12-14-2015, 02:28 PM
That's been the team's luck this season more often than not... I think you definitely want IND in the first game, just to improve the chances of ending the streak.
lol....get the fuck out of here. Yeah, the Chiefs have been really fucking lucky this year...gimme a break.

Rain Man
12-14-2015, 02:29 PM
Andrew Luck is wheeled onto the field hooked to a dialysis machine to rip the Chiefs hearts out again in the playoffs.

Why do I see that happening.

I fully 100% expect that. He'll either be a surprise starter or the starter will get hurt and he'll come out of the locker room and score 28. Not because he's great or anything, but because Chiefs.

Graystoke
12-14-2015, 02:48 PM
Is it to late to Suck for Luck?

MotherfuckerJones
12-14-2015, 03:19 PM

Eh...we'd beat em either way. They're just not very good. Jacksonville put 51 on them.

KChiefs1
12-14-2015, 04:40 PM
Houston will win that division.

RealSNR
12-14-2015, 04:49 PM
I hope he's out for his career.

Fuck him.

MotherfuckerJones
12-14-2015, 04:51 PM
I hope he's out for his career.

**** him.

Bufkin won't approve of this ROFL....agreed fuck Luck

Mile High Mania
12-14-2015, 04:54 PM
That division is a cluster... AFC South and NFC East. Puke.

Did you know ----

The Cowboys at 4-9, with 3 games left are still in contention for both the NFC East Division Championship and the #1 Overall Draft Pick.

New World Order
12-14-2015, 04:54 PM
The stars are aligning.

https://media.giphy.com/media/5mBE2MiMVFITS/giphy.gif

MotherfuckerJones
12-14-2015, 04:55 PM

Did you know ----

The Cowboys at 4-9, with 3 games left are still in contention for both the NFC East Division Championship and the #1 Overall Draft Pick.

Ya I seen that. What a crock of shit. Loved that they said if you aren't .500, then we should've even talk about you. Agree with that

Mile High Mania
12-14-2015, 04:57 PM
Ya I seen that. What a crock of shit. Loved that they said if you aren't .500, then we should've even talk about you. Agree with that

Yeah, good to see folks talking about you guys for the last 3 weeks. :D

kcxiv
12-14-2015, 04:57 PM
Doesn't matter. Beat whomever you draw. Get the monkey off the back. matchups don't matter much in the playoffs: See 2013 WC game.

Yep, i dont give a fu ck who they play. IN the play offs you have to beat the best, eventually, so bring on any team. The only team that worries me in the play offs is the Patriots and if the Steelers with Ben get there. Outside of that, i think they can beat the other teams.

MotherfuckerJones
12-14-2015, 04:58 PM
Yeah, good to see folks talking about you guys for the last 3 weeks. :D

Still can't believe we started 1-5. Yuck

Mile High Mania
12-14-2015, 05:01 PM
Still can't believe we started 1-5. Yuck

Yeah, quite the turnaround and the roller coaster of emotions... gotta be insane. Every week is "can't lose".

saphojunkie
12-14-2015, 05:11 PM
I don't give a fuck who we play or where. Play New England in New England, for all I care. Gimme the Broncos on the road, just so those bitch ass bitches can't bitch about getting bitch slapped.

Bitches.

They build a team around a 39 year old noodle arm and then say it's luck when our badass defense beats the shit out of him.

Yeah. Luck.

notorious
12-14-2015, 05:41 PM
Fuck him and fuck Indy, too.

Rain Man
12-14-2015, 05:43 PM

Did you know ----

It's too bad they can't get both, because that would be kind of cool.

TLO
12-14-2015, 06:55 PM
It's too bad they can't get both, because that would be kind of cool.

Thankfully the NFL announced today that all Cowboy games from here on out will be nationally televised in prime time!!1!

Chiefaholic
12-14-2015, 07:18 PM
I fully 100% expect that. He'll either be a surprise starter or the starter will get hurt and he'll come out of the locker room and score 28. Not because he's great or anything, but<b> because Chiefs</b>.

I respect the hell out of you bud. But, this typical Chiefsplanet saying drives me nuts. I suspect the same was said about the Royals three years ago, due to, you know, because Royals. This isn't the same Chiefs, different owner, different GM, different head coach. Because CHIEFS. We're winning games in spite of our best offensive playmaker and defensive playmaker on the sideline.This team has depth because Clark spent premium money to get the best available GM (because Chiefs). We're winning games due to our head coach motivating our second stringers to believe this is a TEAM game (because Chiefs). We'll have Houston, Devito, and hopefully a healthy Bailey for the postseason which is night and day difference on defense. We're going to advance in the playoffs, because Chiefs.

The Royals believed in their system despite local media calling for a house cleaning. the media looks pretty damn stupid now, doesn't it. Stick with the plan and let it develop.

New World Order
12-14-2015, 07:26 PM
I don't give a **** who we play or where. Play New England in New England, for all I care. Gimme the Broncos on the road, just so those bitch ass bitches can't bitch about getting bitch slapped.

Bitches.

They build a team around a 39 year old noodle arm and then say it's luck when our badass defense beats the shit out of him.

Yeah. Luck.

I want Denver on the road. Oh god, do I want that.

RunKC
12-14-2015, 07:28 PM
I want Denver on the road. Oh god, do I want that.

@IND WC, then @DEN for the division game.

Vietnam58
12-14-2015, 07:29 PM
Though he does not feel 100 percent yet, Andrew Luck told reporters on Monday that his goal was to start practicing this week and did not rule out a possible appearance against the Texans on Sunday in Indianapolis.

On Monday, Pagano said he hasn't heard anything from team regarding Luck returning to practice this week or whether he might play Sunday. Luck has not been cleared to practice or play by the team's medical staff.

Pagano stressed the hope is that Matt Hasselbeck will be ready to play. The 40-year-old quarterback suffered injured ribs against the Jaguars. This was a week after he sustained shoulder and neck injuries against the Steelers. Per Rapoport, Hasselbeck's injuries were purely soft tissue issues -- no bone fractures -- but he is still sore.

Pagano said Hasselbeck is currently wearing a sling on his left arm to prevent muscle spasms he's been dealing with and that the team should have a better idea of his Sunday status by Wednesday or Thursday.

Luck said Monday that his conditioning needs work but that he felt fine throwing the ball, which was another hurdle that Luck needed to clear after playing through some shoulder issues.

Hasselbeck deserves a tremendous amount of credit for keeping this Colts team afloat during a very trying season in Indianapolis. While there is no doubt Jacksonville is getting better and the Texans are hanging tough, is there any doubt that a semi-healthy Luck would be the Colts' best option at quarterback going forward?

Luck called medical clearance his biggest hurdles. We'll see if he makes the leap by Friday when final injury reports are submitted.

Lex Luthor
12-14-2015, 07:58 PM
I respect the hell out of you bud. But, this typical Chiefsplanet saying drives me nuts. I suspect the same was said about the Royals three years ago, due to, you know, because Royals. This isn't the same Chiefs, different owner, different GM, different head coach. Because CHIEFS. We're winning games in spite of our best offensive playmaker and defensive playmaker on the sideline.This team has depth because Clark spent premium money to get the best available GM (because Chiefs). We're winning games due to our head coach motivating our second stringers to believe this is a TEAM game (because Chiefs). We'll have Houston, Devito, and hopefully a healthy Bailey for the postseason which is night and day difference on defense. We're going to advance in the playoffs, because Chiefs.

The Royals believed in their system despite local media calling for a house cleaning. the media looks pretty damn stupid now, doesn't it. Stick with the plan and let it develop.

:clap:

TLO
12-14-2015, 08:17 PM
<marquee>http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/funny/2/upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif</marquee>

Mr. Laz
12-14-2015, 08:20 PM
It would be nice to slam it up Indy's ass in the playoffs.

no-homo

TLO
12-14-2015, 08:33 PM
The stars are aligning.

https://media.giphy.com/media/5mBE2MiMVFITS/giphy.gif

<marquee><marquee><http://i.imgur.com/IVw7QRs.gif/marquee></marquee>

MotherfuckerJones
12-14-2015, 08:34 PM
<marquee><marquee><http://i.imgur.com/IVw7QRs.gif/marquee></marquee>

<marquee>FIRE PIOLI. BENCH CASSEL<marquee>

TLO
12-14-2015, 08:37 PM
<marquee>FIRE PIOLI. BENCH CASSEL<marquee>

This is way too much fun.

KChiefsQT
12-15-2015, 02:33 AM

Indy! We won't be their bitch this year!

HIChief
12-15-2015, 02:50 AM

Amen, aaaannd amen!

wazu
12-15-2015, 07:46 AM
I want Indy. At their place.

#BusinessTrip

Amnorix
12-15-2015, 08:32 AM
Indy should not bring back Luck. He's their future. Their present, well, sucks. They can go to the playoffs, but they aren't going to do anything there even if they do make it. They need to get Luck right, fire whoever they're going to fire. They also need to make sure Luck stays upright.

MotherfuckerJones
12-15-2015, 08:39 AM
Indy should not bring back Luck. He's their future. Their present, well, sucks. They can go to the playoffs, but they aren't going to do anything there even if they do make it. They need to get Luck right, fire whoever they're going to fire. They also need to make sure Luck stays upright.

Agreed. If he was on KC, I'd want to sit him. You're going nowhere anyways.

Mile High Mania
12-15-2015, 08:45 AM

Totally, there's no reason to risk it... not this year.