PDA

View Full Version : Football The AFC is completely up for grabs.

Direckshun
12-15-2015, 12:05 AM
TJ Yates vs. Charlie Whitehurst for AFC South lead.

Brock Osweiler vs. AJ McCarron for a potential first-round bye.

There is no reason the Chiefs cannot make a run.

New World Order
12-15-2015, 12:07 AM
If there is ever a time to go deep in the playoffs it's this year.

Direckshun
12-15-2015, 12:10 AM
If there is ever a time to go deep in the playoffs it's this year.

The door is as open for us this year as it has ever been.

It's pretty much win now, isn't it?

Hammock Parties
12-15-2015, 12:11 AM
I just hope we don't face the Chargers in the playoffs. I'm not sure we'd beat them 3x in a year.

New World Order
12-15-2015, 12:12 AM

It's pretty much win now, isn't it?

Absolutely. Assuming Pitt makes it, there are only 2 elite offenses in the AFC playoffs: Pitt and NE.

If the standings work out the way I think they will we should play one of them in the AFC title game (if we make it).

BigRedChief
12-15-2015, 12:14 AM

It's pretty much win now, isn't it?Hope Houston and everyone else is at least 95% come playoff time.

Worried about getting too giddy due to a karma backlash.

TribalElder
12-15-2015, 12:16 AM
Alex wins Super Bowl in 49er stadium while they flail around in a puddle of their own AIDS

Seems appropriate

cdcox
12-15-2015, 12:16 AM
Cleveland, SD, Baltimore and Tennessee contest thread title.

New World Order
12-15-2015, 12:17 AM
Alex wins Super Bowl in 49er stadium while they flail around in a puddle of their own AIDS

Seems appropriate

It's destiny

Chiefspants
12-15-2015, 12:21 AM
It's funny, I just had a flashback to a conversation I had on here in late July.

The Royals went all in at the deadline in large part because the AL was up for grabs this year. After we acquired Cueto and Zo, many thought the Royals were still a notch below the three heavyweights in the NL (The Cards, Pirates and Giants).

Crazy things happen come playoff time. Even though I think the Chiefs match up horribly against the Cards and Panthers, an NFC team who the Chiefs match up well against could come from nowhere and get to the title game.

Now.. the Chiefs would have to get there, and I'm still not sold that Alex or Andy have the fortitude for a deep run in the playoffs.

But as the Royals did in 2014, they're welcome to prove me wrong.

tk13
12-15-2015, 12:25 AM
I'm not going to get too crazy. I'd just be happy if they ended the playoff win drought. But I said when we were 2-5 that we could still do it this year because the AFC was a dumpster fire, and it probably looks worse now than it did back then. Doesn't mean they will... but there are a lot of huge question marks out there for almost every team.

TLO
12-15-2015, 12:39 AM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/VStp1fdyA2Zm8/200w.gif

MMXcalibur
12-15-2015, 01:34 AM
Sorry, I'll need to see Michael Vick and Jimmy Garrop....Garop....Gerroppo.....that Patriots backup come in before I get too excited.

(Although I would agree that at the very least, this does seem to be setting up well for the Chiefs to do what all of us have been waiting 22 years for.)

teedubya
12-15-2015, 01:36 AM
Chiefs vs. Packers in Superbowl 50. ROFL

Direckshun
12-15-2015, 01:38 AM

LMAO

Direckshun
12-15-2015, 01:58 AM
Here's our roster, once everybody returns from injury by playoff time (assuming, of course, no new injuries):

QB: Smith, Daniel, Murray
RB: Ware, West, Davis
FB: Sherman

WR: Maclin, Wilson, Thomas, Avant, Conley
TE: Kelce, Harris, Parker

LT: Fisher, Stephenson
LG: Allen, Fulton
C: Morse, Fulton
RG: Duvarney-Tardif, Fulton
RT: Reid, Stephenson

DE: Howard, DeVito
NT: Poe, Howard
DE: Bailey, Williams, Nunez-Roches

OLB: Hali, Ford
ILB: Mauga, Wilson
ILB: Johnson, Wilson
OLB: Houston, Zombo, Moses

CB: Smith, Peters, Nelson, Fleming, Cooper
S: Berry, Parker, Abdullah, Branch, Sorensen

K: Santos
P: Colquitt
LS: Winchester

That roster matches up with anyone in the AFC, Steelers and Pats included.

Direckshun
12-15-2015, 02:02 AM
That's also a roster that can replace absolutely anybody with no devastating dropoff, except for Sean Smith and Peters, and possibly Alex Smith (although I'm confident Daniel could game manage just fine).

TEX
12-15-2015, 06:53 AM
I just hope we don't face the Chargers in the playoffs. I'm not sure we'd beat them 3x in a year.

Absolutely no worries there....cuz we would. ;)

R8RFAN
12-15-2015, 07:20 AM
I hope the Cheaps have to beat the Raiders again to make it to the playoffs... I know the Raiders aren't getting in but I would sure love to see them rip you guys hearts out again.

Sfeihc
12-15-2015, 07:26 AM

Right on, D. Enjoy the ride.:)

Kman34
12-15-2015, 07:30 AM
Here's our roster, once everybody returns from injury by playoff time (assuming, of course, no new injuries):

QB: Smith, Daniel, Murray
RB: Ware, West, Davis
FB: Sherman

WR: Maclin, Wilson, Thomas, Avant, Conley
TE: Kelce, Harris, Parker

LT: Fisher, Stephenson
LG: Allen, Fulton
C: Morse, Fulton
RG: Duvarney-Tardif, Fulton
RT: Reid, Stephenson

DE: Howard, DeVito
NT: Poe, Howard
DE: Bailey, Williams, Nunez-Roches

OLB: Hali, Ford
ILB: Mauga, Wilson
ILB: Johnson, Wilson
OLB: Houston, Zombo, Moses

CB: Smith, Peters, Nelson, Fleming, Cooper
S: Berry, Parker, Abdullah, Branch, Sorensen

K: Santos
P: Colquitt
LS: Winchester

That roster matches up with anyone in the AFC, Steelers and Pats included.

Allen should replace Reid at rt tackle....

MotherfuckerJones
12-15-2015, 07:37 AM

:facepalm: you're such a fucking idiot. All you do is troll. Bring nothing to this board

MotherfuckerJones
12-15-2015, 07:39 AM
I hope the Cheaps have to beat the Raiders again to make it to the playoffs... I know the Raiders aren't getting in but I would sure love to see them rip you guys hearts out again.

Suck it 4th&48ers

New World Order
12-15-2015, 07:55 AM

Aint gonna happen broski

MotherfuckerJones
12-15-2015, 08:16 AM

Good to have you competitive again.

loochy
12-15-2015, 08:17 AM

Congrats on coming out of the closet. Did Bruce inspire you?

Amnorix
12-15-2015, 08:23 AM
We've seen the hot team that doesn't have that great of a regular season record ride it all the way to the SB before. Particularly the damn Giants, twice, against the Patriots. Steelers did it at least once too.

I still think the Patriots are the team to beat, IF they are healthy. Gronk is back, Edelman should be back by the playoffs, and none of the injuries suffered in the meantime seem playoff-threatening.

If the Pats are healthy, I like their chances just fine against anyone in the NFL, and think they will have an epic game against whoever the NFC puts up. But the Pats certainly aren't invincible, and teams with a good pass rush (like the Chiefs) certainly can be the recipe for defeating the Pats.

Pats defense is as good as it's been since the early SB runs and '07 though, IMHO. It's not all Brady...

New World Order
12-15-2015, 08:31 AM
Good to have you competitive again.

Wonder what it's like to not have a winning season in 13 years.

I mean, I know we are going on 20 something years without a playoff win, but my god can you imagine not having one season where you are above .500 in 13 fucking years?

I don't think I could handle that.

Chiefnj2
12-15-2015, 08:32 AM
It looks like the healthiest team will take the AFC.

R8RFAN
12-15-2015, 08:35 AM

I mean, I know we are going on 20 something years without a playoff win, but my god can you imagine not having one season where you are above .500 in 13 ****ing years?

I don't think I could handle that.

Wonder what it's like to not win a playoff game since the dead sea was sick or not win a superbowl since gatorade was invented and the trophy was made of plastic?

Hmmmm... hears the harp in the background while trying to go way way back

RunKC
12-15-2015, 08:35 AM
If the Chiefs made the SB it would top the worst season San Francisco could ever have.

All they've dealt with and then having the QB they let go come back and play a SB in their new stadiumROFL

Buehler445
12-15-2015, 08:37 AM

Seems appropriate

That would be FAN FUCKING TASTIC

We've seen the hot team that doesn't have that great of a regular season record ride it all the way to the SB before. Particularly the damn Giants, twice, against the Patriots. Steelers did it at least once too.

I still think the Patriots are the team to beat, IF they are healthy. Gronk is back, Edelman should be back by the playoffs, and none of the injuries suffered in the meantime seem playoff-threatening.

If the Pats are healthy, I like their chances just fine against anyone in the NFL, and think they will have an epic game against whoever the NFC puts up. But the Pats certainly aren't invincible, and teams with a good pass rush (like the Chiefs) certainly can be the recipe for defeating the Pats.

Pats defense is as good as it's been since the early SB runs and '07 though, IMHO. It's not all Brady...

Is Gronk 100%? If so I'd rest him and unleash him on the playoffs. If Gronk Edleman, and Amendola are all back, watch the fuck out.

I was hoping the Panthers would make it from the NFC, but if Olsen is out, it's probably not in the cards. Cardinals are a tough out too. How the hell weird would it be if Palmer won the championship after choking so hard so often in Cincy and quitting football in Chokeland. Weird damn game this football.

All that being said, Fuck everybody. Go Chiefs!

Mile High Mania
12-15-2015, 08:38 AM
It looks like the healthiest team will take the AFC.

If the road is through NE... they will take it.

MotherfuckerJones
12-15-2015, 08:41 AM
Wonder what it's like to not win a playoff game since the dead sea was sick or not win a superbowl since gatorade was invented and the trophy was made of plastic?

You haven't been .500 since '02. Haven't had a 1,000 yard WR since Randy Moss. But touché Tar Heel pal

Amnorix
That would be FAN FUCKING TASTIC

Is Gronk 100%? If so I'd rest him and unleash him on the playoffs. If Gronk Edleman, and Amendola are all back, watch the fuck out.

Nearly 100%. He played about 2/3rds of the snaps Sunday night. Normally plays 100% actually.

Exactly what I'm saying -- give me my guys, and I'll gladly take my chances. :D

All that being said, Fuck everybody. Go Chiefs!

ROFL :toast:

MotherfuckerJones
If Alex smith won the super bowl in SF, that fan base would light themselves on fire.

R8RFAN
12-15-2015, 08:49 AM
You haven't been .500 since '02. Haven't had a 1,000 yard WR since Randy Moss. But touché Tar Heel pal

Raiders have been 500 twice in that time frame 2010 and 2011
The 1000 yard receiver thing comes to an end next week

MotherfuckerJones
12-15-2015, 08:51 AM

Eh I thought you were 7-9

Mile High Mania
12-15-2015, 08:52 AM

It's still crazy to note that OAK hasn't won more than 8 games since 2002, while going through 9 different guys in the HC role during that span. Dayum.

New World Order
12-15-2015, 09:10 AM

And you still won't have a winning season after this year.

It's just sad.

Red Dawg
12-15-2015, 09:37 AM
Up for grabs? Pats contol it once again thanks to their bullshit schedule and sorry excuse for a division.

MotherfuckerJones
12-15-2015, 09:54 AM

Still waiting for that chat after you thought we'd get our asses kicked :)

Amnorix
12-15-2015, 09:54 AM
Up for grabs? Pats contol it once again thanks to their bullshit schedule and sorry excuse for a division.

As opposed to the AFC South? The North with the sucktastic Browns/Ravens this year, and a Steelers team the Patriots already beat?

Let's face it, the AFC EAst is about as good as the AFC West:

Pats - Broncos
Chiefs - Jets
Bills - Raiders
Dolphins - Chargers

The we go to the NFC. The Patriots beat 3 of the 4 NFC East teams. The NFC South has one good team and is otherwise a joke. The North has the sad-sack Lions, mediocre Bears, pretty good Vikes and good-not-great-this-year Packers. The West has two excellent teams, and two not-excellent teams.

So quit your pathetic whining.

King_Chief_Fan
12-15-2015, 09:55 AM

Nothing spells failure like Oakland Raiders...Not a single winning season in 13 years....8-8 is not a winning season.

2003 2003 NFL AFC West 3rd 4 12 0
2004 2004 NFL AFC West 4th 5 11 0
2005 2005 NFL AFC West 4th 4 12 0
2006 2006 NFL AFC West 4th 2 14 0
2007 2007 NFL AFC West 4th 4 12 0
2008 2008 NFL AFC West 3rd 5 11 0
2009 2009 NFL AFC West 3rd 5 11 0
2010 2010 NFL AFC West 3rd 8 8 0
2011 2011 NFL AFC West 3rd 8 8 0
2012 2012 NFL AFC West 3rd 4 12 0
2013 2013 NFL AFC West 4th 4 12 0
2014 2014 NFL AFC West 4th 3 13 0
2015 2015 NFL AFC West 6 7 0

Sandy Vagina
12-15-2015, 10:08 AM
Allen should replace Reid at rt tackle....

This was exactly my thought. Props to the scrub (Jah) for coming in quickly and being of some use. Not saying he can't get better eventually.. but right now, he is a real liability in pass pro. I don't love Allen at RT, but suspect he will do a better job. Plus, despite some varying opinion on this, I think Morse at LG and Fulton at C is probably our best choice.

KChiefs1
12-15-2015, 10:10 AM

Seems appropriate

Fate

Sandy Vagina
12-15-2015, 10:14 AM

Speaking of which for KC.. and assuming KC does the very expected to close out this season...

This 2015 season would be the first time since 1997 that the Chiefs went 3 yrs straight with a winning record. That may not mean much to some, but I do like winning seasons more than losing ones. The Chiefs wanted to be relevant again, and there can be no question now that they are. :)

KChiefs1
12-15-2015, 10:18 AM
If Alex smith won the super bowl in SF, that fan base would light themselves on fire.

It would appropriate for the Chiefs to win with a 49er QB reject.

BigMeatballDave
12-15-2015, 12:06 PM

LMAO

The Franchise
12-15-2015, 12:07 PM

Good. I could watch it burn from my house.

2bikemike
12-15-2015, 03:23 PM
I saw on PFT in a playoff story that stated the Chiefs hold tiebreaker over both the Jets And Steelers. Jets hold tiebreaker over Steelers. They then said Steelers are in if they win out even if KC and NYwin out.

Can someone explain that?

ModSocks
12-15-2015, 03:28 PM
I saw on PFT in a playoff story that stated the Chiefs hold tiebreaker over both the Jets And Steelers. Jets hold tiebreaker over Steelers. They then said Steelers are in if they win out even if KC and NYwin out.

They probably got confused themselves or you missed a key detail.

DaneMcCloud
12-15-2015, 03:28 PM

If all three teams finish 11-5, the Steelers would be left out of the playoffs, unless Cincy finishes at 10-6, which in that case, the Steelers would win the division.

Otherwise, the Steelers need to win out and hope for losses by KC, NYJ and Cincy for help.

2bikemike
12-15-2015, 03:30 PM
They probably got confused themselves or you missed a key detail.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/14/afc-playoff-picture-patriots-in-five-good-teams-vie-for-four-spots/

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-15-2015, 03:33 PM
If the Chiefs, Jets, and Steelers all win out

Chiefs get the 5 seed (conference record)

Steelers get the 6 seed (tied conference record with Jets - better common opponent record)

Jets watch the playoffs on their TVs.

ModSocks
12-15-2015, 03:33 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/14/afc-playoff-picture-patriots-in-five-good-teams-vie-for-four-spots/

Ah i see, it's because the Steelers own the tie-breaker over the Jets, according to them. Chiefs would still make the playoffs in that scenario.

Mile High Mania
12-15-2015, 03:58 PM
http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

NFL Tiebreaking Procedures

The six postseason participants from each conference are seeded as follows:

The division champion with the best record.
The division champion with the second-best record.
The division champion with the third-best record.
The division champion with the fourth-best record.
The Wild Card club with the best record.
The Wild Card club with the second-best record.
The following procedures will be used to break standings ties for postseason playoffs and to determine regular-season schedules.

NOTE: Tie games count as one-half win and one-half loss for both clubs.

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in common games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games.
Coin toss
Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated during any step, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of the two-club format).

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in common games.
Coin toss

TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM

If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.

If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tie breaker.
If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps.
Two Clubs

Head-to-head, if applicable.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best net points in conference games.
Coin toss.
Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)

Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.
Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best net points in conference games.
Coin toss
When the first Wild-Card team has been identified, the procedure is repeated to name the second Wild-Card, i.e., eliminate all but the highest-ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. In situations where three or more teams from the same division are involved in the procedure, the original seeding of the teams remains the same for subsequent applications of the tie breaker if the top-ranked team in that division qualifies for a Wild-Card berth.

OTHER TIE-BREAKING PROCEDURES

Only one club advances to the playoffs in any tie-breaking step. Remaining tied clubs revert to the first step of the applicable division or Wild Card tie-breakers. As an example, if two clubs remain tied in any tie-breaker step after all other clubs have been eliminated, the procedure reverts to Step 1 of the two-club format to determine the winner. When one club wins the tiebreaker, all other clubs revert to Step 1 of the applicable two-club or three-club format.
In comparing records against common opponents among tied teams, the best won-lost-tied percentage is the deciding factor, since teams may have played an unequal number of games.
To determine home-field priority among division-titlists, apply Wild Card tie-breakers.
To determine home-field priority for Wild Card qualifiers, apply division tie-breakers (if teams are from the same division) or Wild Card tiebreakers (if teams are from different divisions).
To determine the best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed, add a team's position in the two categories, and the lowest score wins. For example, if Team A is first in points scored and second in points allowed, its combined ranking is "3." If Team B is third in points scored and first in points allowed, its combined ranking is "4." Team A then wins the tiebreaker. If two teams are tied for a position, both teams are awarded the ranking as if they held it solely. For example, if Team A and Team B are tied for first in points scored, each team is assigned a ranking of "1" in that category, and if Team C is third, its ranking will still be "3."
TIE-BREAKING PROCEDURE FOR SELECTION MEETING

Clubs not participating in the playoffs shall select in the first through 20th positions in reverse standings order.
The Super Bowl winner is last and Super Bowl loser is next-to-last.
The losers of the Conference Championship games shall select 29th and 30th based on won-lost-tied percentage.
The losers of the Divisional playoff games shall select 25th through 28th based on won-lost-tied percentage.
The losers of the Wild Card games shall select 21st through 24th based on won-lost-tied percentage.
If ties exist in any grouping except (2) above, such ties shall be broken by strength-of-schedule. If any ties cannot be broken by strength-of-schedule, the divisional or conference tie-breakers, if applicable, shall be applied. Any ties that still exist shall be broken by a coin flip.

New World Order
12-15-2015, 04:33 PM
If the Chiefs, Jets, and Steelers all win out

Chiefs get the 5 seed (conference record)

Steelers get the 6 seed (tied conference record with Jets - better common opponent record)

Jets watch the playoffs on their TVs.

How awesome would it be to have Assweiler, Mccarron, Hoyer and Fitzpatrick as quarterbacks in the playoffs.

I mean my god look at that list.

Mile High Mania
12-15-2015, 04:40 PM
How awesome would it be to have Assweiler, Mccarron, Hoyer and Fitzpatrick as quarterbacks in the playoffs.

I mean my god look at that list.

It's ok to put Alex Smith in that list too.

The Franchise
12-15-2015, 05:28 PM
Patriots just lost Blount for the year.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-15-2015, 05:50 PM
If the Chiefs head to Frisco for the Super bowl, we will hear tempurs nuts slapping against Sandy's butt Cheeks all the way in MO.

highBOLTage
12-15-2015, 05:55 PM

Also, lost DT Easley for the year. that hurts NE more than Blount.

NJChiefsFan
12-15-2015, 05:56 PM
If all three teams finish 11-5, the Steelers would be left out of the playoffs, unless Cincy finishes at 10-6, which in that case, the Steelers would win the division.

Otherwise, the Steelers need to win out and hope for losses by KC, NYJ and Cincy for help.

The Jets are actually the team that doesn't control it's own fate, despite currently being ahead of PIT.

Amnorix
12-15-2015, 05:57 PM

Also, lost DT Easley for the year. that hurts NE more than Blount.

Yes....yes it does.

Ugh. These injuries. Ah well, can hardly complain when Cincy lost Dalton.

Sandy Vagina
12-15-2015, 05:58 PM
If the Chiefs head to Frisco for the Super bowl, we will hear tempurs nuts slapping against Sandy's butt Cheeks all the way in MO.

That's really gross, dude. Just saying such a thing clearly shows an intrinsic, latent homosexual mind you possess. :shake:

( not that there's anything wrong with it!

#seinfeld )

Direckshun
12-15-2015, 06:39 PM
The Pats are overrated on this board.

They've got a fine defense, but their offensive line is in tatters. They won't run on us, and Brady better hope Gronk and Edelman get open immediately because they can't protect Brady against our passrush.

New World Order
12-15-2015, 06:40 PM
That's really gross, dude. Just saying such a thing clearly shows an intrinsic, latent homosexual mind you possess. :shake:

( not that there's anything wrong with it!

#seinfeld )

Admit it, you want to do that with Alex.

ModSocks
12-15-2015, 06:42 PM

They've got a fine defense, but their offensive line is in tatters. They won't run on us, and Brady better hope Gronk and Edelman get open immediately because they can't protect Brady against our passrush.

I actually think the Chiefs are a bad matchup for the Pats. Pats don't scare me at all. Im not really interested in playing Denver or Pitt. I don't think those are good matchups for the Chiefs.

Cinci worries me a little bit. But not as much as DEN/PITT.

MotherfuckerJones
12-15-2015, 06:42 PM

No they're not when they have Gronk and Brady. I really want them in the AFC title game.

New World Order
12-15-2015, 06:46 PM
I actually think the Chiefs are a bad matchup for the Pats. Pats don't scare me at all. Im not really interested in playing Denver or Pitt. I don't think those are good matchups for the Chiefs.

Cinci worries me a little bit. But not as much as DEN/PITT.

I think the only team we cannot beat is Cinci (with Dalton).

No one else really scares me. Maybe Pitt, but they might not even make it.

RunKC
12-15-2015, 06:48 PM
Pats scored 27 on a good Texans D and Brady put 24 on Denver's D with no receivers at all.

They are still very dangerous

DaneMcCloud
12-15-2015, 06:53 PM
The Jets are actually the team that doesn't control it's own fate, despite currently being ahead of PIT.

Yeah, I've read that since. I guess it's basically because they only have two AFC games left whereas the Chiefs and Steelers have three.

Toby Waller
12-15-2015, 06:55 PM
Pats scored 27 on a good Texans D and Brady out 24 on Denver's D with no receivers at all.

They are still very dangerous

the Pats arent dangerous. They just played a bad team

ROYC75
12-15-2015, 06:57 PM

Charlie says that's, " winning ".

Psyko Tek
12-15-2015, 07:03 PM

TO THE 'SHIP
PRINT'EM

PBJ PBJ

rtmike
12-15-2015, 07:15 PM

About half way into the season I really thought Del Rio was magically transforming that team & was actually concerned about playing them.

Not anymore.

It seems about the time (right before half way point) I thought the AFC West was the toughest division in football, the Raiders & Chargers collapsed and the Chef s gelled. :hmmm:

Sandy Vagina
12-15-2015, 07:45 PM
Admit it, you want to do that with Alex.

Not even if his hawt wife was thrown into the deal. :shake:

New World Order
12-15-2015, 08:00 PM
Not even if his hawt wife was thrown into the deal. :shake:

You aren't fooling me Mr.

mnchiefsguy
12-15-2015, 08:08 PM
Just keeping winning. The door can be open a mile wide, but it does us no good if the Chiefs shit the bed the last three games.

Still 3 teams tied for the last two playoff spots. Got to keep the streak alive.

threebag
12-15-2015, 09:02 PM
Glad we have Alex

Vietnam58
12-15-2015, 09:52 PM
Just keeping winning. The door can be open a mile wide, but it does us no good if the Chiefs shit the bed the last three games.

Still 3 teams tied for the last two playoff spots. Got to keep the streak alive.

yes Pit and NYJ are playing good football too. .

i think if the Chiefs can handle business this sunday they should be ok. . .

NJChiefsFan
12-15-2015, 10:21 PM
yes Pit and NYJ are playing good football too. .

i think if the Chiefs can handle business this sunday they should be ok. . .

I really can't see them losing Sunday. I think CLE and especially OAK are the threats. If the Jets and Steelers manage to win the next two games, that OAK game will be hard to win, not matter what OAK looks like at the time.

If the Jets or Steelers lose a game, I think that would basically clinch it for KC because I can't see them losing two of the three.

ThaVirus
12-15-2015, 10:29 PM

LMAO

You're a strange dude, Peej.

FringeNC
12-15-2015, 10:33 PM
I'd feel a lot more confident about a playoff run if Jeff Allen is healthy and starts at RT.

jonzie04
12-16-2015, 12:01 AM
Even more up for Grabs now, unless NE has a Spencer Ware or West stashed. Blounts out for the season..

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000602480/article/legarrette-blount-out-for-season-because-of-hip-injury

Direckshun
12-16-2015, 01:52 AM
That's not a dragon slayer. The Pats still win a ton with Brady throwing it 50 times a game in the playoffs.

The dragon slayer is that OL. They simply can't protect Brady at all.

-King-
12-16-2015, 03:40 AM
I'd feel a lot more confident about a playoff run if Jeff Allen is healthy and starts at RT.

He's a much better starter at LG. Jah Reid actually hasn't been bad at RT
Posted via Mobile Device

JD10367
12-16-2015, 05:26 AM
Y'all talk a lot of shit for a team that hasn't shown a whole lot yet and isn't even in the playoffs. Pretty funny watching you trash talk the defending champion #1 seed when you haven't even locked down a WC and have done jack shit in the playoffs in decades. Not worried about the Pats? I'm not worried about the Chiefs. Because they're the Chiefs until proven otherwise. Win a fucking playoff game and then talk shit. Right now it's like a guy with a 2-inch dick bragging about how he'd have #1 billing in the upcoming porno.

milkman
12-16-2015, 06:25 AM
Speaking of which for KC.. and assuming KC does the very expected to close out this season...

This 2015 season would be the first time since 1997 that the Chiefs went 3 yrs straight with a winning record. That may not mean much to some, but I do like winning seasons more than losing ones. The Chiefs wanted to be relevant again, and there can be no question now that they are. :)

Yes, there can be a question.

Winning regular season games means jack.

Sure, it's better than losing, but until they actually do something in the playoffs, they remain irrelevant.

InChiefsHeaven
12-16-2015, 07:27 AM
Y'all talk a lot of shit for a team that hasn't shown a whole lot yet and isn't even in the playoffs. Pretty funny watching you trash talk the defending champion #1 seed when you haven't even locked down a WC and have done jack shit in the playoffs in decades. Not worried about the Pats? I'm not worried about the Chiefs. Because they're the Chiefs until proven otherwise. Win a ****ing playoff game and then talk shit. Right now it's like a guy with a 2-inch dick bragging about how he'd have #1 billing in the upcoming porno.

I can't really disagree with this post. I for one am worried about having to win 3 straight, 1 against a troublesome division rival. Call it battle fatigue, but I'm enjoying the ride and starting to fantasize about a Super Bowl...that makes me nervous.

Mile High Mania
12-16-2015, 07:27 AM
Y'all talk a lot of shit for a team that hasn't shown a whole lot yet and isn't even in the playoffs. Pretty funny watching you trash talk the defending champion #1 seed when you haven't even locked down a WC and have done jack shit in the playoffs in decades. Not worried about the Pats? I'm not worried about the Chiefs. Because they're the Chiefs until proven otherwise. Win a ****ing playoff game and then talk shit. Right now it's like a guy with a 2-inch dick bragging about how he'd have #1 billing in the upcoming porno.

https://a.disquscdn.com/get?url=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.tumblr.com%2Ftumblr_ls3tgp0qtt1qhjbxeo2_250.gif&key=F7EhNiBf9E-LCQGSvr688g

Just let it all out.

Looking back at the last two weeks, as KC heads to BAL ... Chiefs are lucky they didn't drop one.

@ OAK
Down 14-20, and they get an INT of CARR that is returned 66 yards to set up the 2 yard possession and ultimate TD, 20-20 tie.

Next drive, they get an INT of CARR that is returned for 58 yards to set up the 13 yard possession and ultimate TD, 27-20.

Then, a few series later the pick 6.

Great plays by the defense and very fortunate.

Then you have the Chargers game last week that went to the wire. Two ugly games, two wins...

Sandy Vagina
12-16-2015, 08:36 AM

Sure, it's better than losing, but until they actually do something in the playoffs, they remain irrelevant.

Go with that for yourself then. That's your opinion, and you are certainly free to it. Take it a little further, why not?

Winning only one playoff game "means jack" .. because (in this hypothetical) we still didn't bring home the Lombardi.

Playing in the SB "means jack" if you happen to end up the losing team.

Guess it all comes down to your personal definition of what makes a team relevant. I consider every playoff team relevant.. because maybe they get on a hot stretch. They are a significant threat. (perhaps a small asterisk to a division winner that sneaks in with 7 or 8 wins.. but that's just me.. and everyone has their own take)

Sandy Vagina
12-16-2015, 08:37 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

I tend to agree with many of your posts.. but not this one. :hmmm:

stevieray
12-16-2015, 08:50 AM
https://a.disquscdn.com/get?url=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.tumblr.com%2Ftumblr_ls3tgp0qtt1qhjbxeo2_250.gif&key=F7EhNiBf9E-LCQGSvr688g

Just let it all out.

Looking back at the last two weeks, as KC heads to BAL ... Chiefs are lucky they didn't drop one.

@ OAK
Down 14-20, and they get an INT of CARR that is returned 66 yards to set up the 2 yard possession and ultimate TD, 20-20 tie.

Next drive, they get an INT of CARR that is returned for 58 yards to set up the 13 yard possession and ultimate TD, 27-20.

Then you have the Chargers game last week that went to the wire. Two ugly games, two wins...

:rolleyes:

FringeNC
12-16-2015, 08:51 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

I'd rather have Fulton at LG and Allen at RT.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-16-2015, 08:54 AM

Just let it all out.

@ OAK

Let's see:

Won the Baltimore game because of a lucky pick six

Won the Chiefs game because of a lucky fumble recovery for a touchdown..

That's just your first two games, shall I continue?

You and your team are in NO shape to be dissing anyone else's victories this year. Your team has relied on the lucky bounce and it looks like the breaks are starting to move the other direction.

:harumph:

RunKC
12-16-2015, 08:56 AM
Would rather have Fulton at C, Morse at LG and Allen at RT if we have to.

Fulton is limited athletically and I think we need our G's and T's to be constantly moving to the second level for screens.
C just fits Fulton extremely well bc he can be that tough phone booth type of guy.

TEX
12-16-2015, 09:17 AM

Just let it all out.

@ OAK

ROFL More Mule Tool Talk...You didn't even watch the Oakland / KC game, yet u have your narrative all ready to go. Im sure that Carr just decided to throw picks for no reason. Im sure the KC pressure (less Houston no less) didn't CAUSE the mistakes or anything...:rolleyes: You also negated to mention the fact that Oakland scored TWICE off KC turnovers...Had you actually WATCHED the game, instead of basing your take on the made-for- Tool-Talk- ESPN highlights, you wouldn't look like a total biased Mule Tool Ass on this issue...

Fact is NO team in the league has gotten more gift wins this season than Denver. They could EASILY have lost to Balt, at KC, to Minn, at Cle, at Chi, to NE. You've said that it all usually evens out in the end - Well no way that can happen this year for Denver even if they fluke lose out. Its been THAT one-sided in your favor this season. You don't see it because you're so used to seeing Denver getting to play by different rules throughout the years.

ThaVirus
12-16-2015, 09:18 AM
This guy just put NE at the top of my hit list.

Fucking HATE pretentious Boston sports fans. They all deserve endless dolphin rape and 0-16 seasons.

Direckshun
12-16-2015, 09:21 AM
Yeah, that's pretty weak sauce from MHM, considering how fortune has favored the Broncos, as well as every team from time to time.

ptlyon
12-16-2015, 09:30 AM
What game was it Denver fumbled towards the very end of the game and the other team picked it up and either ran it back for a touchdown or close, and the refs ruled the recovery man down by contact? Then they had to drive the field and didn't get it done.

Am I remembering it right?

ThaVirus
12-16-2015, 09:33 AM
What game was it Denver fumbled towards the very end of the game and the other team picked it up and either ran it back for a touchdown or close, and the refs ruled the recovery man down by contact? Then they had to drive the field and didn't get it done.

Am I remembering it right?

Detroit, I think.

Mile High Mania
12-16-2015, 10:10 AM
Let's see:

Won the Baltimore game because of a lucky pick six

Won the Chiefs game because of a lucky fumble recovery for a touchdown..

That's just your first two games, shall I continue?

You and your team are in NO shape to be dissing anyone else's victories this year. Your team has relied on the lucky bounce and it looks like the breaks are starting to move the other direction.

:harumph:

Totally agree... and I've never said anything different, fact is - I've said these things all even out over a season. Whether it's penalties, fluke scores, turnovers...

I didn't type anything that others haven't thrown out there already about the last two weeks.

The Franchise
12-16-2015, 11:19 AM

Fucking HATE pretentious Boston sports fans. They all deserve endless dolphin rape and 0-16 seasons.

No no no.....we're just "haters".

Rausch
12-16-2015, 11:26 AM
Go with that for yourself then. That's your opinion, and you are certainly free to it. Take it a little further, why not?

Winning only one playoff game "means jack" .. because (in this hypothetical) we still didn't bring home the Lombardi.

Playing in the SB "means jack" if you happen to end up the losing team.

For us winning a playoff game is progress.

We all want more but a playoff win at least means we're no longer a joke-ass-waste-of-time...

NJChiefsFan
12-16-2015, 12:14 PM
Can't deny the last two games could have gone differently. If carr his a wide open crabtree the play before the mauga pick it's 27 14. If floyd catches the ball or addai catches the pick six who knows.

KC showed to me the lions, Broncos, and first chargers game a level capable of beating good teams, despite who they were playing at the time. The past two games, even buffalo, leave cleaning up and also had times where we could have lost. This team needs to stay focused, especially the final two games.

Sandy Vagina
12-16-2015, 12:21 PM
Can't deny the last two games could have gone differently. If carr his a wide open crabtree the play before the mauga pick it's 27 14. If floyd catches the ball or addai catches the pick six who knows.

Goes both ways though. The Chiefs players "missed" a few game-changing plays in each week also... whether via penalty or ineptitude.

Toby Waller
12-16-2015, 01:13 PM

I hope you enjoy the next 20,30,50 years then. Teams with dynasties like NE just had,typically never see success in the post season for a long time and its evident that time is coming.
The Pats will be one and done this year.
Come up with a better punch line next time too,please.

Mile High Mania
12-16-2015, 02:05 PM
I hope you enjoy the next 20,30,50 years then. Teams with dynasties like NE just had,typically never see success in the post season for a long time and its evident that time is coming.
The Pats will be one and done this year.
Come up with a better punch line next time too,please.

No doubt! After their dominance in the 70s with 4 SB Titles, the Steelers pretty much vanished. Hell, the Steelers are just on their 2nd Head Coach since the guy that won 4 SB titles in the 70s. Seriously, since 1969, the Steelers have only had 3 press conferences to announce a new head coach.

(let that sink in)

I'm really only busting your chops because of the comment "teams with dynasties like NE", as if to suggests they come around often. There's like 3 teams like the present day Patriots that have been around the NFL in the last 4 decades.

Now the 49ers ran wild in the 80s and 90s with 4 rings of their own. They fell flat a bit in the 2003-2010 era.

BigMeatballDave
12-16-2015, 02:13 PM

Fucking HATE pretentious Boston sports fans. They all deserve endless dolphin rape and 0-16 seasons.LMAO

TEX
12-16-2015, 02:37 PM

Yes there is. Maybe no Justin Houston...

TEX
12-16-2015, 02:44 PM
No doubt! After their dominance in the 70s with 4 SB Titles, the Steelers pretty much vanished. Hell, the Steelers are just on their 2nd Head Coach since the guy that won 4 SB titles in the 70s. Seriously, since 1969, the Steelers have only had 3 press conferences to announce a new head coach.

(let that sink in)

I'm really only busting your chops because of the comment "teams with dynasties like NE", as if to suggests they come around often. There's like 3 teams like the present day Patriots that have been around the NFL in the last 4 decades.

Now the 49ers ran wild in the 80s and 90s with 4 rings of their own. They fell flat a bit in the 2003-2010 era.

Pats did it in the Free Agency era. Developed their system for dealing with the constant talent losses. Makes their dynasty even harder to accomplish.

Unless they cheated of course..."Oh NO I Did - ENT!"

Mile High Mania
12-16-2015, 03:15 PM
Pats did it in the Free Agency era. Developed their system for dealing with the constant talent losses. Makes their dynasty even harder to accomplish.

Unless they cheated of course..."Oh NO I Did - ENT!"

Well, the Steelers are still relevant. It will be interesting to see what happens in New England once Brady retires though. What is the plan for life after Brady and is that also the time when Bill says "it's time for me to move on".

Bill defined himself with Brady, perfect combo... does he have the "want to" in order to see if it can keep going? That's the riddle.

The Franchise
12-16-2015, 03:35 PM
Well, the Steelers are still relevant. It will be interesting to see what happens in New England once Brady retires though. What is the plan for life after Brady and is that also the time when Bill says "it's time for me to move on".

Bill defined himself with Brady, perfect combo... does he have the "want to" in order to see if it can keep going? That's the riddle.

They drafted his heir apparent in the 2nd round.

http://1059themountain.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/60/files/2015/11/Garofalo.jpg

NJChiefsFan
12-16-2015, 04:43 PM
Goes both ways though. The Chiefs players "missed" a few game-changing plays in each week also... whether via penalty or ineptitude.

Certainly. Just saying both games could have ended poorly for us with just a few plays failed by the other team. Better teams are less likely to do that.

Amnorix
12-16-2015, 05:10 PM

Like you were a Pats fan before. ROFL :p

Amnorix
12-16-2015, 05:15 PM
[IMG]Looking back at the last two weeks, as KC heads to BAL ... Chiefs are lucky they didn't drop one.

@ OAK

Meh. Most teams can point to a lucky win or two, and an unlucky loss or two, by the end of any given year. That's how close things are in the NFL most weekends.

I can name a number of lucky wins by great Pats teams over the years. One year we won a SB, we had a WR fumble the ball as he landed unconscious in a close game against the Bills. Lucky for us, he had one foot out of bounds, and was touching the ball. Ergo, dead ball.

The 2007 undefeated Pats would have lost to the Ravens if Rex Ryan didn't call a timeout just before they stopped us on 4th down. We got a redo, and hit for a first down or TD, whichever it was (it was on a scoring drive, though, VERY late in the game (last 2 minutes IIRC).

TEX
12-16-2015, 05:29 PM

Oh YES they most certainly are relevant. Didn't mean to suggest otherwise. Old School respect and props go their way... I was living in Houston back during the Oiler's Earl Campbell and the "Love Ya Blue" era and they never did kick that Steeler door in. Still say that Mike Renfro's catch in the end zone of the 1979 AFC Championship was indeed a cath. (replay proves it beyond any doubt)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF6gWCNDolM

Could have changed EVERYTHING - even the Steelers place in History had it been allowed. Regardless, that was one BAD ASS Steeler dynasty.
Just plain NASTY!

Toby Waller
12-16-2015, 05:30 PM
Meh. Most teams can point to a lucky win or two, and an unlucky loss or two, by the end of any given year. That's how close things are in the NFL most weekends.

I can name a number of lucky wins by great Pats teams over the years. One year we won a SB, we had a WR fumble the ball as he landed unconscious in a close game against the Bills. Lucky for us, he had one foot out of bounds, and was touching the ball. Ergo, dead ball.

The 2007 undefeated Pats would have lost to the Ravens if Rex Ryan didn't call a timeout just before they stopped us on 4th down. We got a redo, and hit for a first down or TD, whichever it was (it was on a scoring drive, though, VERY late in the game (last 2 minutes IIRC).

we ? us? all you did was sit on your ass and watch a game.

we had sandwich's and beer. = thats what you actually did during the game.

Toby Waller
12-16-2015, 05:34 PM

the plan will be to miss the playoffs as the other three teams make it and lose in the first or second round to the Ravens, Steelers, Broncos or Colts

ModSocks
12-16-2015, 05:39 PM

KC showed to me the lions, Broncos, and first chargers game a level capable of beating good teams, despite who they were playing at the time. The past two games, even buffalo, leave cleaning up and also had times where we could have lost. This team needs to stay focused, especially the final two games.

If Kelce catches that slant he probably scores. If Kelce doesn't get called for a stupid penalty, Chiefs put 6 more on the board.

My point being, those little fuck ups through out the game are what determines the outcome of these games, for all teams, not just the Chiefs. The margin for error is slim for all 32 teams, so we can't really play the what if game and draw any conclusions. Fact is, Floyd didn't catch it and Carr threw some picks. They're accountable for their mistakes.

That's why these last 3 games....none of them are gimmies. I know the media wants us to believe that, but fuck that, every one of these games are playoff games and the Browns/Ravens/Raiders are certainly capable of pulling off the upset.

NJChiefsFan
12-16-2015, 06:50 PM
That's why these last 3 games....none of them are gimmies.

That was really my point. That and that the Chiefs need to clean up these penalties and turnovers, which admittedly isn't breaking news.

FlaChief58
12-16-2015, 07:05 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the Steelers win the north and the Chiefs win the west, then we would get the 2 seed and a bye. I know it's a long shot but after a 1-5 start, wow

TEX
12-16-2015, 09:13 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the Steelers win the north and the Chiefs win the west, then we would get the 2 seed and a bye. I know it's a long shot but after a 1-5 start, wow

You're right, BUT I still think the whole 1-5 start that you mentioned will come into play. There's a reason why no team in the history of the current format has ever come back from 1-5 to make the playoffs. You're put in a position where you likely have to win out and somewhere along the way you're bound to slip. If that happens, you could be done. The Chiefs aren't in yet and could still miss out.

KChiefs1
12-17-2015, 12:18 AM
Chiefs are #1

http://besreport.com/week-14-bes-rankings/

Toby Waller
12-17-2015, 12:33 AM
Chiefs are #1

that makes no sense at all

Desmond Bailey is the Creator of the Bailey Efficiency Score (BES) and Chief Editor of BESReport.com. To reach him, use the contact page or find him on twitter: @DezBailey45

tk13
12-17-2015, 12:39 AM
Chiefs are #1

On the flip side, the Chiefs rank 34th out of 32 teams in GAS, or the GoChiefs Assessment System. That's right, they are so bad, there are two empty spaces ahead of them.

Toby Waller
12-17-2015, 12:39 AM
On the flip side, the Chiefs rank 34th out of 32 teams in GAS, or the GoChiefs Assessment System. That's right, they are so bad, there are two empty spaces ahead of them.

ROFL

New World Order
12-17-2015, 12:50 AM
Pitt Man you ready for another Chiefs victory?!

Dante84
12-17-2015, 12:50 AM
That guy jerks himself and his fake "system" off quite a bit.

It's sad, really.

Toby Waller
12-17-2015, 01:22 AM
Pitt Man you ready for another Chiefs victory?!

we shall see...but I'm still picking Ravens in straight up pick'ems

New World Order
12-17-2015, 01:24 AM

Pitt Man give me your playoff prediction seeding in the AFC.

MotherfuckerJones
12-17-2015, 07:12 AM

Keep the streak alive as you're 0-for picking against KC you slack jawed yokel.

threebag
12-17-2015, 07:23 AM

You have to win regular season games to get to dance old man.

BigMeatballDave
12-17-2015, 08:15 AM

That is correct.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-17-2015, 10:48 AM
That is correct.

I'm not sure about that. I think the only way the Steelers can win the division is if the Bengals lose out. And if they do that, then Denver becomes the #2 seed by winning the West regardless of what the Chiefs do.

I'm not sure it's possible for Pittsburgh and KC to both win their divisions the way the last few games play out.

(Been over on the ESPN playoff predictor and just haven't been able to make this scenario work.)

Edit, never mind. It can work IF: Cinci loses out, Pittsburgh wins out, and Denver loses to the Chargers and Steelers. Personally, I'm not putting a lot of faith in the Chargers beating the Broncos in week 17.

FlaChief58
12-17-2015, 11:08 AM
I'm not sure about that. I think the only way the Steelers can win the division is if the Bengals lose out. And if they do that, then Denver becomes the #2 seed by winning the West regardless of what the Chiefs do.

I'm not sure it's possible for Pittsburgh and KC to both win their divisions the way the last few games play out.

(Been over on the ESPN playoff predictor and just haven't been able to make this scenario work.)

Edit, never mind. It can work IF: Cinci loses out, Pittsburgh wins out, and Denver loses to the Chargers and Steelers. Personally, I'm not putting a lot of faith in the Chargers beating the Broncos in week 17.

Like I said, it's a long shot, but I find the fact that it's possible remarkable considdering their start

O.city
12-17-2015, 11:25 AM
If the Bengals lose out, and the Broncos lose to the Chargers with the Chiefs and Steelers winning out, it would work, no?

BigMeatballDave
12-17-2015, 01:09 PM
If the Bengals lose out, and the Broncos lose to the Chargers with the Chiefs and Steelers winning out, it would work, no?

Denver would still win the division, but yeah the Chiefs would get the 5. (Pretty sure)

Toby Waller
12-17-2015, 01:10 PM

Bengals can beat sf but lose next 2 while Pitt wins out and Pitt can win division 11-5 tie record

BigMeatballDave
12-17-2015, 01:12 PM
Trying to go through all these scenarios makes me dizzy.

DaneMcCloud
12-17-2015, 01:13 PM
Personally, I'm not putting a lot of faith in the Chargers beating the Broncos in week 17.

San Diego is always a tough match up for Denver and it's pretty rare when they're able to sweep Rivers.

DaneMcCloud
12-17-2015, 01:14 PM
Denver would still win the division, but yeah the Chiefs would get the 5. (Pretty sure)

From my understanding, if the Broncos and Chiefs both finish 11-5, the Chiefs win the division due to their division record.

BigMeatballDave
12-17-2015, 01:17 PM
From my understanding, if the Broncos and Chiefs both finish 11-5, the Chiefs win the division due to their division record.

Yes

Mile High Mania
12-17-2015, 01:19 PM
San Diego is always a tough match up for Denver and it's pretty rare when they're able to sweep Rivers.

Who knows, since 2011, Denver is 8-2 vs Chargers (won in Oct 2011/Dec 2013). Broncos have won 4 straight.

O.city
12-17-2015, 01:21 PM

If the Steelers win out and the Broncos lose to the Bolts, thats 2 more losses for Denver.

With the broncos being 11-5 and the Chiefs 11-5, we win.

Rausch
12-17-2015, 01:22 PM
Who knows, since 2011, Denver is 8-2 vs Chargers (won in Oct 2011/Dec 2013). Broncos have won 4 straight.

The Chargers are fucking terrible.

TERRIBLE.

This will be the game that Den fans get back on track and quit sweating it...

Mile High Mania
12-17-2015, 01:24 PM
The Chargers are ****ing terrible.

TERRIBLE.

This will be the game that Den fans get back on track and quit sweating it...

It's the last game of the season, early Jan in Denver ... I don't see Denver losing that one, regardless of how PIT and CIN goes.

RunKC
12-17-2015, 01:26 PM
Denver's defense will rape Rivers. Their OL is easily bottom 5, maybe worst in the league, and their weapons are decimated.

O.city
12-17-2015, 01:27 PM
But I'm pretty sure theres no way the Steelers win the north without the Bengals losing out, which would mean they lose to Denver next week, which then means the Broncos have to lose to the Chargers in week 17 for the Chiefs to win the division.

Hence, thats not happening.

Mile High Mania
12-17-2015, 01:30 PM
But I'm pretty sure theres no way the Steelers win the north without the Bengals losing out, which would mean they lose to Denver next week, which then means the Broncos have to lose to the Chargers in week 17 for the Chiefs to win the division.

Hence, thats not happening.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/cLtvKDcQYkSRO/200.gif

SeeingRed
12-17-2015, 05:34 PM
New England is the Big Dog in the AFC...other than that its up for grabs between Denver, Cinci, Houston, Indy, Chiefs, Steelers and Jets. It will be the team that is hot vs New England. My guess is that the Chiefs have the best shot besides New England. If Jets can find a way to win in the next 2 weeks they will be on that list as well. I don't see Cinci or Denver getting to AFC Championship without QBs

Toby Waller
12-17-2015, 05:39 PM
New England is the Big Dog in the AFC...other than that its up for grabs between Denver, Cinci, Houston, Indy, Chiefs, Steelers and Jets. It will be the team that is hot vs New England. My guess is that the Chiefs have the best shot besides New England. If Jets can find a way to win in the next 2 weeks they will be on that list as well. I don't see Cinci or Denver getting to AFC Championship without QBs

Patriots are a bunch of spare parts on offense. They are losing in the playoffs

NJChiefsFan
12-17-2015, 07:51 PM

Remember when we needed a sad 49ers team to win late week 17 in Denver to make the playoffs(on top of 3 other things)? What a day that was.

MotherfuckerJones
12-17-2015, 08:11 PM
Eh...I'm pretty sure we all thought Denver would roll SF in '06 at the end of the season and we all know how that went.

milkman
12-17-2015, 09:26 PM
You have to win regular season games to get to dance old man.

No shit.

But winning regular season games and losing in the playoffs is not earning relevance.

Toby Waller
12-18-2015, 12:53 AM
the AFC is actually only up for grabs if KC loses. If they win,that eliminates a lot

BlackOp
12-18-2015, 01:28 AM
I think Sunday is a decent barometer for KC's post-season synergy...road game against a damaged but well-coached team. Playoffs in the balance....if they win by 14...I'll take them serious. If they squeak out another sloppy win...Pitt or NE would be my call.

I do think they are good enough to get their first post-season win this year.

TLO
12-18-2015, 02:39 AM

Rectum? Damn near killed 'em!