PDA

View Full Version : Mock (Dec 15)

Direckshun
12-15-2015, 03:31 AM
Assumptions:

1. The Chiefs finish 2015 at 11-5 and secure the #5 seed due to the tie-breaker they have over the Steelers. The Chiefs visit Indianapolis an end their playoff drought with a 32-7 victory. The Chiefs go to Cincinnati and shutdown Andy Dalton, winning 29-18. The Chiefs surprise the world by going to the AFCCG, hosting the New York Jets, who are able to slow down Alex Smith just enough to go to the Super Bowl, 24-17. The front office and coaching staff is fully retained, and Alex Smith has another year before replacement options are considered.

2. The Chiefs re-sign OT/G Jeff Allen 3 years, $15m ($3m guaranteed), DL Jaye Howard 4 years, $33m ($18m guaranteed), ILB Derrick Johnson 3 years, $10m ($1m guaranteed), CB Sean Smith 3 years, $40m ($12m guaranteed), S Eric Berry 4 years, $42m ($10m guaranteed).

3. The Chiefs cut OG Ben Grubbs and OG Paul Fanaika.

4. The Chiefs let walk QB Chase Daniel, WR Jason Avant, OT Donald Stephenson, OT Jah Reid, DE Mike DeVito, OLB Tamba Hali, OLB Dezmon Moses, CB Jamell Fleming, CB Marcus Cooper, S Husain Abdullah, S Tyvon Branch

5. The Chiefs tender: RB Charcandrick West (5th rounder), DE Nick Williams (5th rounder)

6. The Chiefs sign OLB Frank Zombo, S Daniel Sorensen to minimal deals.

7. The Chiefs pick about #28 in each round (plus an additional 5th for Kelcie McCray). No compensatory choices.

8. The Chiefs sign OT Andre Smith (Bengals) to a 1 year, $3m deal, S Chris Banjo (Packers) to a 1 year, $2m deal.

9. The Draft:

1. OT Jerald Hawkins, LSU
2. WR De'Runnya Wilson, Mississippi State
3. FS Deon Bush, Miami
4. OG Christian Westerman, Arizona State
5. OLB Bronson Kaufusi, BYU
5. DE Demarcus Walker, Florida STate
6. ILB Luke Rhodes, Williams & Mary
7. CB Fabian Moreau, UCLA

ROSTER:

QB: Smith, Murray, Bray
RB: Charles, Ware, West, Davis
FB: Sherman

WR: Maclin, Wilson, Wilson, Thomas, Conley
TE: Kelce, O'Shaughnessy, Parker

LT: Fisher, Hawkins
LG: Allen, Fulton
C: Morse, Fulton
RG: Duvarney-Tardif, Fulton
RT: Hawkins, Smith

DE: Howard, Williams
NT: Poe, Howard
DE: Bailey, Walker

OLB: Ford, Kaufusi
ILB: Mauga, Wilson
ILB: Johnson, Rhodes
OLB: Houston, Zombo

CB: Smith, Peters, Gaines, Nelson, Moreau
S: Berry, Parker, Bush, Banjo, Sorensen

K: Santos
P: Colquitt
LS: Winchester

raybec 4
12-15-2015, 06:16 AM
Do you have them drafting Westerman and then cutting him?

The Franchise
12-15-2015, 09:22 AM
Sign a LG and RT in FA and then draft an OT in the 1st? Fuck you.

RunKC
12-15-2015, 09:38 AM
If we do that in free agency then I want Carson Wentz or Corey Coleman if we don't go QB.

But based off Dorsey's strategy, I would expect a guy like Jarran Reed to be picked bc there's no way we will be able to pay Poe what he will demand. He's probably gonna ask for $90 million contract.

Urc Burry
12-15-2015, 11:27 AM
If we do that in free agency then I want Carson Wentz or Corey Coleman if we don't go QB.

But based off Dorsey's strategy, I would expect a guy like Jarran Reed to be picked bc there's no way we will be able to pay Poe what he will demand. He's probably gonna ask for $90 million contract.

Based off what? Mike Daniels one of the top 3-4 DE in the league just resigned in Green Bay on a 4 year 42 mil deal. I doubt it would be too far off that

Direckshun
12-15-2015, 11:52 AM
At this point, I think we can say the first few picks are going to be a combination of WR, OL, OLB, and CB.

The Franchise
12-15-2015, 12:08 PM
What about the idea of moving Morse to LG, Fulton to C and Allen to RT in the offseason?

O.city
12-15-2015, 12:15 PM
I thunk they love morse at center. I like the Andre smith signing at rt.

RunKC
12-15-2015, 12:34 PM
Based off what? Mike Daniels one of the top 3-4 DE in the league just resigned in Green Bay on a 4 year 42 mil deal. I doubt it would be too far off that

His agent will probably try like hell to get a contract close to or higher than Gerald McCoy.

Poe is one of the best interior lineman in the NFL. He's gonna do everything he can to get paid.

The Franchise
12-15-2015, 12:48 PM
I thunk they love morse at center. I like the Andre smith signing at rt.

Then you really don't need anything out of this draft except a swing tackle.

LT - Fisher, Rookie
LG - Allen, Fulton
C - Morse, Fulton
RG - LDT, Fulton
RT - Smith, Rookie

CleveSteve
12-15-2015, 02:07 PM
1. OT Jerald Hawkins, LSU
2. DE Shawn Oakman, Baylor
3. WR De'Runnya Wilson, Mississippi State
4. OLB Yannick Ngakoue, Maryland
5. FS/NB Trevon Stewart, Houston
5. ILB Casanova McKinzy, Auburn
6. OG Tyler Marz, Wisconsin
7. WR Corey Davis, Western Michigan

jonzie04
12-15-2015, 03:53 PM
Andre Smith would be a KILLER pickup. We all saw that he handled Houston, even though sac thought it was
Jake Fisher for like a month lol. You really need a quality RT in the AFC W. RTs have to face Houston, Mack, Von, and I think Ingram plays on that side as well. No reason to draft a swing Tackle in the first round though. Especially given that Allen can play RT and we still have Fulton can play LG.

In this scenario I'd like to see us grab the best playmaker available in the first. Which would likely end up being one of the receivers, or a draft faller like Nkemdiche, Myles Jack, Adolphus Washington Etc.

Saccopoo
12-15-2015, 11:22 PM
Then you really don't need anything out of this draft except a swing tackle.

LT - Fisher, Rookie
LG - Allen, Fulton
C - Morse, Fulton
RG - LDT, Fulton
RT - Smith, Rookie

You re-sign Stephenson for that very purpose and he can also fill in at either guard spot. Knowing Reid's system is huge. I'd pay extra money for Stephenson versus having a rookie have to fill in the gaps if needed.

LT: Fisher, Stephenson
LG: Allen, Stephenson
RG: LDT, Fulton
RT: Smith, Stephenson

That's not bad at all IMO, and gives you the capability of drafting a potential RDE/NT type player if Poe ends up being offered/demands huge money. Jarran Reed would make sense in this scenario.

Direckshun
12-16-2015, 01:10 AM
If you're that concerned about losing Poe, just re-sign DeVito along with Howard.

Howard plays NT very well.

milkman
12-16-2015, 07:03 AM
You re-sign Stephenson for that very purpose and he can also fill in at either guard spot. Knowing Reid's system is huge. I'd pay extra money for Stephenson versus having a rookie have to fill in the gaps if needed.

LT: Fisher, Stephenson
LG: Allen, Stephenson
RG: LDT, Fulton
RT: Smith, Stephenson

That's not bad at all IMO, and gives you the capability of drafting a potential RDE/NT type player if Poe ends up being offered/demands huge money. Jarran Reed would make sense in this scenario.

Just say no to Stephenson.

If you're that concerned about losing Poe, just re-sign DeVito along with Howard.

Howard plays NT very well.

Howard is a good backup plan, but he doesn't get the interior push as a pass rusher that Poe does.

RunKC
12-16-2015, 08:02 AM
I really like Nick Williams. He's been as solid as you can get stopping the run, and he's gotten some great push in the pocket at times.

Brasher has done such a great job of developing Bailey and Howard, and I think that he'll do the same here.
Williams is 6'4 310 lbs with huge hands and long arms. An offseason in the gym like we saw from Bailey and Howard could put him around 330 lbs of pure muscle next season.

Williams really makes DeVito expendable and I think you'll see that this spring. It also gives us an edge over Poe in negotiations.

If Poe asks for a huge contract, and he should, I think we should pass. IMO Bailey, Howard, Williams, Roches and another high draft pick would still be a very good spot for us on the DL.

Direckshun
12-16-2015, 09:22 AM
Howard is a good backup plan, but he doesn't get the interior push as a pass rusher that Poe does.

You're actually right -- he's gotten better push than Poe all season.

Poe's been playing hurt, but still.

O.city
12-16-2015, 09:42 AM
Poe just dominated the interior against san diego. I think he's back healthy

Direckshun
12-16-2015, 09:49 AM
Howard gets so much more penetration. He is lightning quick off the LOS and gets penetration all the time.

Poe played very well against San Diego, and I'm not discounting his considerable talent. That's just how good Howard is right now.

kccrow
12-16-2015, 01:27 PM
Poe's back injury has significantly hampered him this season. Poe is a far better nose when healthy than Howard, and Howard is pretty damn good. Having them both on the line is ideal.

Direckshun
12-16-2015, 01:33 PM
Completely agree.