PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs AP over Berry for comeback player of the year?

chiefzilla1501
12-17-2015, 11:31 AM
Can you believe this ish? Who the fuck is this dumbest?
(http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000602646/article/top-10-comeback-player-of-the-year-candidates)

chiefzilla1501
12-17-2015, 11:32 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000602646/article/top-10-comeback-player-of-the-year-candidates

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-17-2015, 11:33 AM
Berry comes back from a life-threatening health scare to play the best football of his career, whereas Peterson comes back from turpitude to put up an average season for himself.

I guess beating the fuck out of your child shows a hell of a lot more resilience than beating cancer.

Red Dawg
12-17-2015, 11:33 AM
Disgraceful. Berry should be it and it's not even close.

ThaVirus
12-17-2015, 11:35 AM
I saw this article posted on Facebook and the top 10 or so most liked comments all agreed that this was horseshit and Berry was the clear choice.

Carson Palmer and Adrian Peterson are having great seasons, but Eric Berry beat cancer. His "injury" could have ended his life, not just his career.

Berry will win the award.

Brock
12-17-2015, 11:36 AM
"Coming back" from a domestic violence suspension shouldn't be considered for an award.

O.city
12-17-2015, 11:37 AM
Peterson didn't even have an injury.

He should win, best parole come back player or something.

chiefzilla1501
12-17-2015, 11:37 AM
I saw this article posted on Facebook and the top 10 or so most liked comments all agreed that this was horseshit and Berry was the clear choice.

Carson Palmer and Adrian Peterson are having great seasons, but Eric Berry beat cancer. His "injury" could have ended his life, not just his career.

Berry will win the award.

More importantly, as Hamas pointed out, how the fuck is AP even in this conversation? He was out of the league for suspension. Not some unlucky health thing. At least Palmer has that and even still....

ThaVirus
12-17-2015, 11:38 AM
I'm not sure about the inner workings of "playing on a "comeback", but he was out of the league last year.

I guess they just assume not playing most of the year qualifies him for the award.

displacedinMN
12-17-2015, 11:40 AM
I was thinking about this award. Thank god this is only the potentials.

It should be Berry. Hands down. Come back from cancer!! Has to be the winner.

ModSocks
12-17-2015, 11:41 AM
"Coming back" from a domestic violence suspension shouldn't be considered for an award.

This.

Un-fucking-believable. This dipshit author has his head stuck waaaay far up his own ass.

staylor26
12-17-2015, 11:43 AM
What a fucking joke. If anything AP had an advantage resting up for a year with no injury to overcome.

BigMeatballDave
12-17-2015, 11:45 AM
Stay classy, NFL!

BigMeatballDave
12-17-2015, 11:46 AM
What a fucking joke. If anything AP had an advantage resting up for a year with no injury to overcome.

His arms were sore from beating his kid.

The Franchise
12-17-2015, 11:47 AM
When do we start wearing a certain color for National "beating your children" month?

ThaVirus
12-17-2015, 11:48 AM
No need to get up in arms about this, guys. Berry will win the award. The NFL couldn't pass up that PR opportunity.

chiefzilla1501
12-17-2015, 11:50 AM
I'm not sure about the inner workings of "playing on a "comeback", but he was out of the league last year.

I guess they just assume not playing most of the year qualifies him for the award.

In that case, Greg hardy should be in the top 10 too. Nothing stopped AP from staying in shape last year. He just had to shake off rust. Palmer and Berry had to train their asses off to get back to football health.

By the way, I'm saying this knowing you agree, not because I'm arguing.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-17-2015, 11:53 AM
Adrian Beaterson? What a fucking joke.

Buehler445
12-17-2015, 12:00 PM

This. Berry by a country mile.

RealSNR
12-17-2015, 01:46 PM
I could see them making a case for Carson Palmer.

It'd be shitty of the NFL, but I could see it

Rausch
12-17-2015, 01:47 PM
I could see them making a case for Carson Palmer.

It'd be shitty of the NFL, but I could see it

This.

But a fucking.....ugh...

dls6501
12-17-2015, 01:51 PM
Berry comes back from a life-threatening health scare to play the best football of his career, whereas Peterson comes back from turpitude to put up an average season for himself.

I guess beating the **** out of your child shows a hell of a lot more resilience than beating cancer.

You are joking about an average season right? How is 1,450 combo yards and 9 touchdowns 13 games into a season an average season?

I agree with the sentiment of your post, but I am afraid calling Adrian Peterson's season "average" will take the focus off your overall point.

lawrenceRaider
12-17-2015, 02:01 PM

This

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-17-2015, 02:03 PM
You are joking about an average season right? How is 1,450 combo yards and 9 touchdowns 13 games into a season an average season?

I agree with the sentiment of your post, but I am afraid calling Adrian Peterson's season "average" will take the focus off your overall point.

He didn't say Peterson was having an average season as compared to the NFL.

He said, Peterson was having and average season for himself. In other words, he was doing about what AP does normally.

DaFace
12-17-2015, 02:04 PM
The Chiefs' Twitter profile hits it on the head.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/NFL">@NFL</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL">@AroundTheNFL</a> <a href="https://t.co/Bg4ushwVCg">pic.twitter.com/Bg4ushwVCg</a></p>&mdash; Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/677254081476296704">December 16, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Rausch
12-17-2015, 02:08 PM
I don't want awards - I want trophies...

Marcellus
12-17-2015, 02:08 PM
Pffffttttttt

ModSocks
12-17-2015, 02:37 PM
The Chiefs' Twitter profile hits it on the head.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/NFL">@NFL</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL">@AroundTheNFL</a> <a href="https://t.co/Bg4ushwVCg">pic.twitter.com/Bg4ushwVCg</a></p>&mdash; Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/677254081476296704">December 16, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Perfect.

And we should all send that author a really, really mean spirited email. That'll teach him.

ptlyon
12-17-2015, 02:40 PM
Perfect.

And we should all send that author a really, really mean spirited email. That'll teach him.

Be sure to include disparaging remarks about his mom as well

WhawhaWhat
12-17-2015, 02:44 PM
AP came back from causing his kid's legs to look like this.

http://dailysnark.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/adrian-peterson-indicted-child-abuse-the-jasmine-brand-500x335.jpg

FlaChief58
12-17-2015, 02:53 PM
Well deserved IMO. Coming back from cancer isn't nearly as hard as coming back from beating your kid......Please check your sarcasm meters before replying to this post. TIA

BWillie
12-17-2015, 02:57 PM

I guess beating the **** out of your child shows a hell of a lot more resilience than beating cancer.

Agreed. They should just give it to Berry. Right now. Nobody else on the list of candidates. If somehow AP gets it, I will fight someone.

rico
12-17-2015, 02:58 PM
Berry beats cancer...AP beats beating his kid... Unbelievable.

MotherfuckerJones
12-17-2015, 02:59 PM
NFL.com is an awful web site. AP who was SUSPENDED for beating the shit out of his child gets CPOY over Berry and Palmer. Berry is coming back from cancer and is playing like the best safety. Palmer coming off yet another ACL tear and has lead them to one of the best records. Fuck NFL.com

BossChief
12-17-2015, 03:03 PM
Someone should beat this author with a switch.

Halfcan
12-17-2015, 03:04 PM
Berry beats cancer...AP beats beating his kid... Unbelievable.

But they both had it coming-lol

chiefzilla1501
12-17-2015, 03:42 PM
Perfect.

He's already gotten destroyed on Twitter. So I think he got the message. Though it wouldn't surprise me if that followed with even more stubbornness to prove he was right.

ModSocks
12-17-2015, 03:44 PM
Be sure to include disparaging remarks about his mom as well

And some angry, disapproving emoticons.

vailpass
12-17-2015, 03:47 PM
Palmer and Berry are the only two that should be mentioned for this. Won't surprise me if Palmer wins but Berry is a feel good story for sure.

Buehler445
12-17-2015, 03:54 PM
I could see the league trying to get some good PR after all the FUBARs Goodell has made including getting Peterson's punishment overturned in court. Couple that with Ray Rice who seemingly has rehabilitated himself and shows contrition can't get a job. Greg Hardy who has obviously has not and shows no contrition gets paid, Goodell might need to put a positive shine on his shithouse. Of course, they try to push him over a fucking CANCER SURVIVOR which will almost certainly blow up in their faces.

notorious
12-17-2015, 03:56 PM
Another writer get the very attention he needs to draw clicks to his page.

Chill out fellas.

TribalElder
12-17-2015, 04:04 PM
Backhand player of the year

Aid-reeeee-ahhhhnnnnn Beeeeeeaaaaatttt-hiiiissssssss-soooonnnnnn

Deberg_1990
12-17-2015, 04:52 PM
AP for sure. monster fantasy year!

farmerchief
12-17-2015, 05:07 PM
AP for sure. monster fantasy year!
He didn't perform very well for me on my fantasy team, that's for sure!

Bowser
12-17-2015, 05:12 PM
How many billions of dollars does Adrian Peterson help stimulate in the world of fantasy football as opposed to what Eric Berry contributes?

RealSNR
12-17-2015, 05:36 PM
I could see the league trying to get some good PR after all the FUBARs Goodell has made including getting Peterson's punishment overturned in court. Couple that with Ray Rice who seemingly has rehabilitated himself and shows contrition can't get a job. Greg Hardy who has obviously has not and shows no contrition gets paid, Goodell might need to put a positive shine on his shithouse. Of course, they try to push him over a fucking CANCER SURVIVOR which will almost certainly blow up in their faces.

That's the thing. All that pink during fucking October is going to look really bad if the NFL snubs a player who not only survives cancer and comes back, but comes back playing the best football of his entire career-- even better than his usual Pro Bowl self.

Not to take anything away from Carson Palmer's recovery, but ACL tears aren't a big deal anymore. Probably every team has a dude tear his ACL and come back to play again the following year. It's not the injury it once was. Still doesn't mean it isn't impressive, but compared to a guy who went through 6 months of chemotherapy and came back playing BETTER than he ever has? There's no question which recovery is more worthwhile of an award.

BigMeatballDave
12-17-2015, 05:51 PM
Someone on my Facebook feed mentioned Incognito LMAO

Mav
12-17-2015, 07:13 PM

He shouldn't be eligible for any award.

Squalor2
12-17-2015, 07:28 PM
this is a post from an espn hack. no leather.

-King-
12-18-2015, 03:34 AM
He shouldn't be eligible for any award.

Since he's playing he should be eligible for every award except for this because this award accounts for what he's coming back from.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lex Luthor
12-18-2015, 06:02 AM

Brief, to the point, and spot on.

That is such a good summary that I'm tempted to post it on Facebook and pretend that I wrote it.

chiefzilla1501
12-18-2015, 07:39 AM

Exactly. But even putting emotions aside....

What exactly was Petersons obstacle coming back? He was rusty? Berry was recovering from chemo, couldn't do physical activity for almost a year, and had a limited offseason. Adrian Peterson probabky spent all of last year staying in good shape and had a normal offseason.

Mav
12-18-2015, 07:56 AM
Since he's playing he should be eligible for every award except for this because this award accounts for what he's coming back from.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fair enough.

Sully
12-18-2015, 08:03 AM
Why would he win it? beat me.

- AP's kid

rambleonthruthefog
12-18-2015, 08:06 AM
You people to understand that AP hasn't won anything yet, right? This was merely an article pointing out which players have had to "come back" and who has done so at a high caliber of play. All players mentioned fit the criteria. That being said, AP has no business winning(he won't) because of what he had to come back from. Entioning him is perfectly acceptable,, though. Hopefully AP has taken the necessary steps to become a better father and person.

Buehler445
12-18-2015, 09:26 AM
That's the thing. All that pink during fucking October is going to look really bad if the NFL snubs a player who not only survives cancer and comes back, but comes back playing the best football of his entire career-- even better than his usual Pro Bowl self.

Not to take anything away from Carson Palmer's recovery, but ACL tears aren't a big deal anymore. Probably every team has a dude tear his ACL and come back to play again the following year. It's not the injury it once was. Still doesn't mean it isn't impressive, but compared to a guy who went through 6 months of chemotherapy and came back playing BETTER than he ever has? There's no question which recovery is more worthwhile of an award.

Agreed on every count. Goodell though.

wazu
12-18-2015, 09:51 AM
You people to understand that AP hasn't won anything yet, right? This was merely an article pointing out which players have had to "come back" and who has done so at a high caliber of play. All players mentioned fit the criteria. That being said, AP has no business winning(he won't) because of what he had to come back from. Entioning him is perfectly acceptable,, though. Hopefully AP has taken the necessary steps to become a better father and person.

Mentioning him as a candidate and ranking above Berry is absolutely not acceptable. It's shameful.

chiefzilla1501
12-18-2015, 10:38 AM

If we are including perfectly healthy people as comeback candidates, then that defeats the whole purpose of coming back. What adversity did AP go through during his comeback? Getting himself into football shape and rust. Big whoop. Even child abuse aside, putting suspended players on a comeback list above players who fought like hell to heal and get back on the field is a travesty.

ModSocks
12-18-2015, 11:00 AM
If Adrian Peterson is eligible for Comeback Player of the Year, then Greg Hardy should be too. Nearly identical circumstances, are they not?

MotherfuckerJones
12-18-2015, 11:30 AM
Chris carter and the Mike & Mike guys talked about AP, Palmer and Crabtree this morning as comeback candidates. :facepalm:

chiefzilla1501
12-18-2015, 11:46 AM
Chris carter and the Mike & Mike guys talked about AP, Palmer and Crabtree this morning as comeback candidates. :facepalm:

Yup. For the people who say "who cares, just a know nothing writer"... There isn't much outrage outside of KC and there are still people saying this stupid shit. If we don't make noise, I think there's a legit chance Berry doesn't get this award. And I don't know that I've ever cared for a guy to win an award as much as I do this one.

Brock
12-18-2015, 11:58 AM

What the fuck did he come back from? A year of rest? Big fuckin whoop

The Franchise
12-18-2015, 12:02 PM

Palmer is the only legitimate player that could win the award over Berry.....and I wouldn't be super pissed off. Dude has had 2 torn ACLs now and he's playing fucking lights out. Any other player? Go fuck yourself, NFL.

TimBone
12-18-2015, 05:55 PM
Why would he win it? beat me.

- AP's kid
You probably could have still added the s.

KCUnited
12-18-2015, 06:02 PM
Despite the Play-Doh ligements in his knee, don't overlook Palmer being a ginger and playing in the desert. Dome or not, he has to live there half the year.