PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Punt Returner

Mr. Laz
12-20-2015, 05:21 PM
Isn't there a capable punt returner somewhere that we can sign off a practice squad or the street?

please ... pretty please ... with sugar on top ...

It's not like they have to learn a big playbook or anything.

Sandy Vagina
12-20-2015, 05:25 PM
I don't know what the hell they should do here. I want to say Maclin.. just that he should set his mind to fair catch anything if a tackler is close.. and should fall down before real contact. Even that would be more effective than what we are dealing with now.

Can't say I trust anyone else on the roster. :(

mdchiefsfan
12-20-2015, 05:26 PM
What pisses me off more than the returns, is the lack of discipline our ST seem to play with. It feels like we are continuously backing ourselves up.

wazu
12-20-2015, 05:26 PM
HAAA-VIEAIRE AAAARREEEEEEEEEEENNNNAAAAAAAAAS! Is available.

TLO
12-20-2015, 05:29 PM
Eric Berry can return punts! /thread

jjchieffan
12-20-2015, 05:32 PM
Speaking of special teams, what the heck is going on there this year? Toub is one of the best ST coaches in the league and ST is normally a strength. Why is it our biggest weakness this year?

Sandy Vagina
12-20-2015, 05:40 PM
What pisses me off more than the returns, is the lack of discipline our ST seem to play with. It feels like we are continuously backing ourselves up.

so true. I wonder if there is a stat somewhere that we can find out. Seems like 5 out of 7 punt returns for us have a flag in there somewhere to **** us.

Sandy Vagina
12-20-2015, 05:41 PM
Eric Berry can return punts! /thread

now that's just not nice.

#poorLaz

BWillie
12-20-2015, 05:52 PM
Jeremy Maclin is too important to be used as a punt returning. Too much risk for injury

kccrow
12-20-2015, 05:57 PM
Fred Williams is hanging out on the PS, he was a good return man in college and in the Arena League... He also looks better as a receiver. I say give the guy a shot, call him up and cut Hammond.

wazu
12-20-2015, 05:58 PM
Fred Williams is hanging out on the PS, he was a good return man in college and in the Arena League... He also looks better as a receiver. I say give the guy a shot, call him up and cut Hammond.

I like this plan.

KChiefs1
12-20-2015, 06:00 PM
Does it matter because we get a penalty on every return.

Just fair catch it.

chiefzilla1501
12-20-2015, 06:16 PM
Speaking of special teams, what the heck is going on there this year? Toub is one of the best ST coaches in the league and ST is normally a strength. Why is it our biggest weakness this year?

The Chiefs cut a shitload of their best special teamers, including Hemingway and Cyrus Gray, who were probably their two best STers. Toub gets a bit of a pass. It's why I still don't understand all the hate for Sorenson. He's been lights out on STs.

And I agree with the rest of this thread. Hammond should have been cut from day 1 and I don't understand why nobody else, like Conley, was groomed to do this. Or why Freddie Williams can't do this.

NJChiefsFan
12-20-2015, 07:44 PM
Did they ever try Conley back there in preseason? I agree that Maclin is too valuable to lose to an injury on a punt return. I always like the idea of putting Maclin back there on crucial punt returns like PIT does with Brown or even DEN with Sanders.

chiefzilla1501
12-20-2015, 07:59 PM
Did they ever try Conley back there in preseason? I agree that Maclin is too valuable to lose to an injury on a punt return. I always like the idea of putting Maclin back there on crucial punt returns like PIT does with Brown or even DEN with Sanders.

Yes. I think he made a dumb decision in a preseason game and we grilled him for it. But it shows he was at least considered for the position. It's one thing for Hammond to be terrible, it's another to also bring nothing whatsoever to the roster other than returning punts.

TribalElder
12-20-2015, 08:01 PM
When the playoffs start I assume it will be DAT?

RealSNR
12-20-2015, 08:09 PM
Time to unleash the fan fury that is FRED WILLIAMZZ

Seriously, though, I was fucking done with Frankie Hammond the moment he signed onto our roster in 2013. Fucking asshole was nothing more than a track star basically learning how to play football for the first time. It's apparently he hasn't and never will catch on. Fuck him.

RealSNR
12-20-2015, 08:11 PM
Also, I really really really hate to bring this up, but the last playoff game Alex played in beyond the wildcard round was the NFC championship game in which he lost because of a shitty kick returner.

Fate delights in torturing Chiefs fans. It would be really tempting to deal us those exact same cards.

KCrockaholic
12-20-2015, 08:15 PM
I don't understand why Albert Wilson isn't used in punt return.

Ragged Robin
12-20-2015, 08:24 PM
let maclin fair catch it every time

lewdog
12-20-2015, 08:26 PM
I think Wilson with his speed would be a good fit.

mcaj22
12-20-2015, 10:28 PM
Also, I really really really hate to bring this up, but the last playoff game Alex played in beyond the wildcard round was the NFC championship game in which he lost because of a shitty kick returner.

Fate delights in torturing Chiefs fans. It would be really tempting to deal us those exact same cards.

Oddly enough, said shitty kick returner followed Alex Smith to the Chiefs in 2013 and 2014 until he got injured both years.

jspchief
12-20-2015, 11:41 PM
HAAA-VIEAIRE AAAARREEEEEEEEEEENNNNAAAAAAAAAS! Is available.
Fuck I'd take Arenas in a heartbeat. He wasn't much threat to take it to the house but he always had good positive returns.

Aspengc8
12-21-2015, 06:14 AM

Some of the ST players are clueless.. like Demetrius Harris. Dude has committed so many penalties this year. Unfortunately you dont have a choice since a lot of these guys are position players and he is still developing at TE.

Mr. Laz
12-21-2015, 08:39 AM
Fuck I'd take Arenas in a heartbeat. He wasn't much threat to take it to the house but he always had good positive returns.

Yup

Arenas is also a better slot corner than Ron Parker, or he used to be.

58-4ever
12-21-2015, 08:42 AM
Did DAT die? Is he being held out because this is multiple concussions? Are we saving the guy? Anyone? Bueller?

Saul Good
12-21-2015, 08:54 AM
Is DAT just never coming back? That must have been one hell of a concussion.

thabear04
12-21-2015, 09:23 AM
Is DAT just never coming back? That must have been one hell of a concussion.

Dat a good question.

jsmax
12-21-2015, 09:44 AM
Marcus Peters could do very well returning punts.

Mr. Laz
12-21-2015, 10:01 AM
Marcus Peters could do very well returning punts.

if Peters got hurt who would be our corner opposite of Sean Smith?

Fleming?

not worth the risk

Just tell Dorsey to dive in the nearest dumpster and find us a decent PR

jsmax
12-21-2015, 10:41 AM
I was thinking more for next season where he can practice it during training camp, etc. I assume that we will have DAT back in the next couple weeks to finish off this year.

Jerok
12-21-2015, 10:55 AM
I never realized how important a punt returner could be

Mr. Laz
12-21-2015, 11:01 AM
I was thinking more for next season where he can practice it during training camp, etc. I assume that we will have DAT back in the next couple weeks to finish off this year.

Yea, i still don't think you want a starter doing returns.

backup WR/RB/S or CB

mcaj22
12-21-2015, 11:07 AM
Antonio Brown returns punts for the Steelers and hes the best WR in all of football lol

ThaVirus
12-21-2015, 11:19 AM
Antonio Brown returns punts for the Steelers and hes the best WR in all of football lol

Seahawks had Earl Thomas returning punts this season. Also in the preseason.