PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Ten Things About Today's EIGHTH STRAIGHT Win

gblowfish
12-20-2015, 06:40 PM
Ten Things About Today's Game

10. Before we begin, I'd like to thank "Phobia" (Phil) for sitting in for me last week. On Friday I had a little medical scare that ended with some poking and prodding and a machine that goes BING taped up to my tits at the doctor's office, and after getting out of there, I learned my best friend Gary's dad passed away that same morning. So it knew I would be highly distracted for a few days and couldn't even do my normal mediocre job of writing about a rainy, sloppy Chiefs-Bolts game. I did read the entire thread though, and from the various pointed comments learned that many of you think I'm long winded, or don't like when I mention stuff like where I went (today was Johnny's Tavern in Lee's Summit) or what I ate (Cheeseburger) or drank (Boulevard wheat) or who I hung out with (Gary's first day out after burying his dad on Thursday). I'll try not to talk about stuff like that this week, OK?

9. When the Chiefs were 1-5 the CP had basically melted down, and we were talking tanking for a draft pick. Andy Reid has now ran off eight straight, and that's a miraculous accomplishment no matter how you slice it. The last team in the AFC to go 1-5 and make the playoffs were the 1970 Cincinnati Bengals. So it's been 45 years since a team pulled that off. We haven't pulled it off yet, but things certainly look much brighter for us than they did after the Bears Game, when we blew a lead in the last two minutes and Charles went out for the year. No matter what happens from here on out, you have to applaud Reid for keeping his team engaged, and not giving up. Character matters in the league. That's the truth.

8. Usually the goal of a playoff team is to win all or most home games, and go at least .500 on the road. So anytime you win a road game, even if it's over a team down to their third string QB and missing virtually every star player on their roster to injury (Flacco, Steve Smith, Suggs, etc) you still appreciate the win. This would have been a classic Chiefs trap game, where they go out a lay a turd. KC got an early lead, got tied briefly in the first quarter, then basically ran away and hid the rest of the game. We all know Alex does not play catch up well, but generally does quite well when protecting a lead. That's what happened today, and except for one stupid Hail Mary play, the defense won the game. More on that later.

7. It's maddening that KC's QB threw for negative yards! Just kidding, I'm talking about Chase Daniel. And he did throw for -2 yards. If I told you going in that the Ravens' third string QB would throw for 100 more yards than Alex, throw the ball 20 more times than Alex, and throw twice as many TDs as Alex, you'd think Alex had a bad day. He didn't have a great day, but as the game wore on, Andy's play calling got more an more conservative. Alex did pretty well, got Kelce back involved in the mix, got a TD to Maclin -remember last year, ZERO TD's to wide outs?- and had a couple nice runs to get out of trouble. He was sacked three times, but did not turn the ball over. Alex was basic Alex, and today that was good enough. I'll take that every time it means a win.

6. The defense won the game, but there's still some cause for concern. The defensive front wall was missing in action all day. Poe, Bailey, Devito, no sacks, not many tackles. Howard had one sack, but not much else. All the leading tacklers for KC were linebackers and defensive backs. DJ and Berry were in on the most stops, which shows you how much of a blow it was losing them both for the season last year. I guess we can keep Dee Ford's Pro Bowl appearance on ice for awhile, he made one nice play...one...and the rest of the day was pretty much invisible. Tamba tipped a pass, and that was about it for him. 14 points from defensive turnovers -the Branch fumble return and Peters pick six, matched the offense's efforts for TDs today. If you get 14 points from your defense, you should win, and this win was by 20 points going away.

5. Marcus Peters can make you cringe or cry with joy. The Ravens were picking on him for a good part of the game. Peters was playing off in coverage, bouncing off tackles he should have made, tried to strip balls when he should have been tackling. But the kid is a ball hawk. His pick six was the dagger in the second half, and his second pick snuffed all chances period for Baltimore to attempt a comeback. I told Gary after the Hail Mary that Baltimore had used up all its luck for the game on that play, and the defense would adjust and shut down Clausen in the second half. And that's exactly what they did. Kudos to Sutton for adjusting at halftime, and slamming the door on the road.

4. The Brazilian Midget did a great job today. He nailed a 53 yarder, not an easy kick in December in an unknown stadium, and that pad let the Chiefs keep a two possession lead going in to halftime. Hammond was lousy on punt returns again this week. When DAT gets over his concussion, Hammond is at Sears selling Lady Kenmores. Kudos to special teams for stopping the fake punt. Baltimore's special teams is their best remaining unit. They beat Cleveland by blocking a field goal a few weeks ago. They're above average,so sniffing out the fake punt and stopping it was a big momentum changer. Nice to stick that sneaky stuff right back up Harbaugh's ass. Well done.

3. KC went conservative in the second half, punting at least twice in no man's land just over midfield. Third down conversion was just under 40%, which is tolerable, and the team was better on avoiding penalties. KC had one less than the Ravens: KC was 6 for 55 yards, Baltimore 7 for 63 yards. If you can get more penalties called on the home team, you're playing smart football.

2. Andy was slow pulling out his red flag for a challenge in the fourth quarter on a two feet in catch for Baltimore. But as luck would have it, Clausen did a hurry up call on the next play to get the ball snapped, threw the ball into triple coverage, hit Peters right in the two-two and it was a 90 yard pick six. Karma's a bitch when you try to cheat the Football Gods. I told Gary before that drive that Clausen was either going to lose the ball in a sack or throw a pick. He ain't Phyllis Rivers, and ain't gonna convert three fourth downs in one drive. Sure enough, he spit it right up. Third string QBs will eventually kill you.

1. The last time the Chiefs made the playoffs, they ran off a bunch of early wins against a laundry list of teams who had been decimated by injuries. We all know the story about how KC beat a long list of second string QBs. Then went to Denver, got an ass kicking, played mediocre football the rest of the way and blew a 28 point halftime lead at Indy. We all know the nightmare. I tend to take wins like today with a bit of reservation and suspicion. Yes, good teams should win games like today. Yes, the Chiefs were the better team - they didn't fall in a trap. They look poised to make the playoffs for sure; possibly even win the division if the chips don't fall right for Denver. I think this team has much more backbone on defense now than two years ago. I don't see them melting down if they get a lead. The problem is, Alex has to get them that lead, because it's highly doubtful he's going to bring a team back against a playoff caliber opponent. The cool thing is, every team in the AFC has warts now. Five Head and Luck are still hurt. New England lost their running game, and the last time we played Brady we kicked his ass at Arrowhead. Rapistburger is one good hit away from being down and out. Fitzpatrick with the Jets? Seriously? That guy is a fuzzy sawed off Cassel-like journeyman. There's no team, not one, in the AFC that KC can't beat. But I still have that nagging battered wife syndrome... Because....Chiefs. I'm trying to be optimistic as Lucy is teeing up the ball for me one more time. Next up, I think we should all bring a bunch of Sonic cups into Arrowhead next Sunday and wave them at Bowe. If he even makes the trip and suits up.

The Browns game comes after Christmas, so let me take a moment to wish each and every one of you CPers... even the bat shit crazy ones in the DC section - a MERRY CHRISTMAS. and all the best to you and yours. See you next week.

SAUTO
12-20-2015, 06:50 PM
George, you just keep writing how you write.

Fuck every one else

Mav
12-20-2015, 06:57 PM
George with the gold! Thanks buddy. Happy Holidays!

Jason you sexy bitch Merry Christmas to you and yours!

stevieray
12-20-2015, 06:58 PM
HO HO HO

EIGHT IN A ROW

Stinger
12-20-2015, 07:00 PM

**** every one else

This. Everyone has there own style. They don't like it either don't read it or step up and do one themselves. Just keep doin what you been doing George.

big nasty kcnut
12-20-2015, 07:04 PM
Great read george. love your post but i think we play conservative in the second half to reduce injury. We need all hands on deck for the last two games and then the fun part!

Otter
12-20-2015, 07:05 PM
Great read BG!!!</br></br>I'm certainly not looking past the Raiders coming into Arrowhead extremely motivated to play spoiler. The Browns either but the Raiders have oh so much more motivation.</br></br>Gonna be a fun last 2 weeks.

milkman
12-20-2015, 07:09 PM
That successful Hail Mary was on Berry, not Peters.

milkman
12-20-2015, 07:09 PM
Great read george. love your post but i think we play conservative in the second half to reduce injury. We need all hands on deck for the last two games and then the fun part!

That isn't the reason, at all.

Smed1065
12-20-2015, 07:10 PM
Nice

gblowfish
12-20-2015, 07:12 PM

It was on both of them.

milkman
12-20-2015, 07:15 PM
It was on both of them.

Can not agree with you.

But then I rarely do.

Bwana
12-20-2015, 07:18 PM
Hope you are doing well buddy and fantastic read as always!

O.city
12-20-2015, 07:18 PM
Peters was on the other side of the field.

Berry has to knock it down

Marcellus
12-20-2015, 07:19 PM
Every word was gold. Gold.

O.city
12-20-2015, 07:20 PM
Oh and nice wrote up georgie

Red Dawg
12-20-2015, 07:25 PM
I will be making the drive to the Raiders game with two Raiders fans and it would great if the game had meaning for us. So far it might.http://arrowheadaddict.com/2015/11/23/eric-berry-kansas-city-chiefs-2015-video/

Kman34
Thanks for the recap......Merry Christmas to you too sir...

REDHOTGTO
HO HO HO

EIGHT IN A ROW

Double this , happy holidays to all

LoneWolf
12-20-2015, 07:27 PM
Nice write-up as always, George. I disagree with you about who was responsible for the Hail Mary (Berry) and Dee Ford's play, but the differences in opinion is what makes this place great.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Bugeater
12-20-2015, 07:27 PM
I like hearing what you had for breakfast.

EyePod
12-20-2015, 07:33 PM

Berry went for the ball instead of the player. It was a good route though.

EyePod
12-20-2015, 07:34 PM
And Ford didn't look great. they busted a few big runs to his side. Didn't see much pressure from him at all.

milkman
12-20-2015, 07:38 PM
Berry went for the ball instead of the player. It was a good route though.

He was a trailer.

Berry went for the pick.

lewdog
12-20-2015, 07:40 PM
Thank fucking God you didn't let Phobia anywhere near this.

gblowfish
12-20-2015, 07:42 PM
I went back and watched the Hailed Mary. Milkman is right, it was Berry and Branch who allowed it. I knew Berry wiffed on the jump ball, but I though it was Peters (22) who failed to tackle Aiken after he caught the ball as a trailer on the three yard line. Smith just stood there, Branch failed to bring the guy down. When the ball was thrown OUTSIDE the end zone, really no reason to let a play like this happen. But yes, I thought it was 22 and it was 27, those numbers look a lot alike in a noisy bar. And Aiken #11 had punked Peters for most of the first half, so I thought Peters had him as the trailer. My bad.

gblowfish
12-20-2015, 07:44 PM
I like hearing what you had for breakfast.

Jimmy Dean sausage and egg biscuit and tomato juice.

Marcellus
12-20-2015, 07:53 PM
And Ford didn't look great. they busted a few big runs to his side. Didn't see much pressure from him at all.

He has several good plays including a stop for loss on what I believe was a 3rd down run play. May have been 2nd down.

Lonewolf Ed
12-20-2015, 07:54 PM
Thanks for a great write up and it's good to see you back in action! Best of health going forward, and Merry Christmas!

siberian khatru
12-20-2015, 08:02 PM
Glad to see you back in the saddle, George.

Chiefshrink
12-20-2015, 08:21 PM
1. The last time the Chiefs made the playoffs, they ran off a bunch of early wins against a laundry list of teams who had been decimated by injuries. We all know the story about how KC beat a long list of second string QBs. I tend to take wins like today with a bit of reservation and suspicion.

Agreed.

I think this team has much more backbone on defense now than two years ago. I don't see them melting down if they get a lead.

I agree as well assuming Houston is playing.

New England lost their running game, and the last time we played Brady we kicked his ass at Arrowhead.

Nah, James White is the real deal and is very dangerous out of the backfield and Bolden is plenty enough between the 20's and handling goal line carries. NE adapts all too well to whatever happens to them.

Fitzgerald with the Jets? Seriously? That guy is a fuzzy sawed off Cassel-like journeyman.

Although Fitz can be a untamed Gunslinger at times he has toned that dramatically down this year and he has been playing well and has always played well against the Chiefs 'in Arrowhead' mind you. He ain't a bit intimidated if they happen to meet in Arrowhead.

There's no team, not one, in the AFC that KC can't beat.

Agree, but we have to be hitting on all cylinders though and that will be tough especially if Houston is not 100% because to your point our D front looked horrible against the run today.

I still have that nagging battered wife syndrome... Because....Chiefs.

I'm with ya here on this statement because as much as I would love to see the Chiefs pull a Royals Wildcard Run all the way to the SB, they won't because the Royals had talent at every position to do this where the Chiefs still lack talent IMHO to make this run but they are getting there. Once again George great recap:clap:.

Chiefshrink
12-20-2015, 08:29 PM
Berry definitely pulled a Rahim Moore.:D In that situation you should always be looking for the trailer garbage guys underneath and contain them.

Trivers
12-20-2015, 08:35 PM
Good to have you back.

Rough week.

Hope this week is better.

MahiMike
12-20-2015, 08:38 PM
I always appreciate these write ups since I rarely get to see them play. Even red zone rarely shows our team much

bdj23
12-20-2015, 08:40 PM
Good read as always.

Thanks man.

Chan93lx50
12-20-2015, 08:42 PM
Hey, the one of the only reasons I come back to this place is to read your "Ten things about today's game". Don't be changing how you have been writing them now!

eDave
12-20-2015, 08:53 PM
Hey, the one of the only reasons I come back to this place is to read your "Ten things about today's game". Don't be changing how you have been writing them now!

Stay for the poop threads man.

dilligaf
12-20-2015, 08:56 PM

**** every one else

X 1000.

Psyko Tek
12-20-2015, 09:05 PM
He was a trailer.

Berry went for the pick.

yup, berry was just playing the ball, if he had went for the stop
GAME OVER righr there

chiefzilla1501
12-20-2015, 09:10 PM
Nah, James White is the real deal and is very dangerous out of the backfield and Bolden is plenty enough between the 20's and handling goal line carries. NE adapts all too well to whatever happens to them.
NE adapts well because of Brady. I can't wait to watch the empire crumble when he leaves but it seems like that's a fucking eternity away. Every time you take a productive player out of NE, you realize how much they thrived under the system. They do great bringing in role players but that won't be enough once they lose Brady.

Although Fitz can be a untamed Gunslinger at times he has toned that dramatically down this year and he has been playing well and has always played well against the Chiefs 'in Arrowhead' mind you. He ain't a bit intimidated if they happen to meet in Arrowhead.
Going to be really pissed if the Jets make the playoffs over the Chiefs. The Give the Jets the Chiefs' schedule and they're a .500 or below team.

Not a bad post overall. Just wanted to respond to those 2 points.

cabletech94
12-20-2015, 09:41 PM
"Andy Reid has now ran"

this made me laugh out loud.

i'm glad you did not die blowfish. very nice read as well. you are a staple here in the CP. keep up the good fight.

merry holidays to you and everyone else, and of course, gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo chiefs!!!!

alpha_omega
12-20-2015, 09:57 PM

Fuck every one else

This!

gblowfish
12-20-2015, 09:59 PM
"Andy Reid has now ran"

this made me laugh out loud.

i'm glad you did not die blowfish. very nice read as well. you are a staple here in the CP. keep up the good fight.

merry holidays to you and everyone else, and of course, gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo chiefs!!!!

Good point, I don't think Andy runs anywhere, unless they have snacks.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-20-2015, 10:51 PM
I was particularly looking forward to this week's rendition. Thanks George. GO CHIEFS!!!

Mr. Flopnuts
12-20-2015, 11:00 PM
That isn't the reason, at all.

ROFL Heh, I wasn't going to bother. Good job, Dad.

Why Not?
12-20-2015, 11:00 PM
Great as always. I've never read anyone complain about "ten things". Was it Bricks? Or that smellypits guy? Your details of your adventures make the write up what is is. Don't change shit. Merry Xmas.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-20-2015, 11:02 PM
I went back and watched the Hailed Mary. Milkman is right, it was Berry and Branch who allowed it. I knew Berry wiffed on the jump ball, but I though it was Peters (22) who failed to tackle Aiken after he caught the ball as a trailer on the three yard line. Smith just stood there, Branch failed to bring the guy down. When the ball was thrown OUTSIDE the end zone, really no reason to let a play like this happen. But yes, I thought it was 22 and it was 27, those numbers look a lot alike in a noisy bar. And Aiken #11 had punked Peters for most of the first half, so I thought Peters had him as the trailer. My bad.

I give you credit for giving it where it's due. :)

Mr. Flopnuts
12-20-2015, 11:04 PM
I always appreciate these write ups since I rarely get to see them play. Even red zone rarely shows our team much

Are you not much of a fan, or can you not afford Sunday Ticket, and too dumb to stream? Just curious.

Phobia
12-20-2015, 11:14 PM
Much better than the idiot from last week.

gblowfish
12-20-2015, 11:20 PM

Heh....I'm glad I didn't say "Andy has pulled it off eight straight weeks." That would be bad.

Thanks again Phil. I thought your write up last week was terrific, and I hope you post more often around here. It makes it more fun for all. Hope you have a fantastic Christmas.

Buehler445
12-20-2015, 11:31 PM

Fuck every one else

This. Phobia did a nice job, but there isn't a damn thing wrong with your production.

Buehler445
12-20-2015, 11:33 PM
Right with you on point number 1. There isn't a lot you can point at for being a big hole. Maybe points off turnovers not being sustainable, but this looks to be a solid team.

But Christ almighty I don't feel good about heading into the playoffs.

Halfcan
12-21-2015, 12:01 AM
Great write up as always!

A win is a win and I am glad we put it to the Ravens at home.

We have two home games left to fix some of the problems that keep showing up week after week.

Special teams are going to cost us in the playoffs. Hamsalad Jr. didn't muff this week but cost us huge in field position yet again. Why does he think running backwards 20 yards is a good idea? Fair catch the damned ball or just plow ahead and take the 3-5 yards. Toub will be looking for a job after this year. We have the worst special teams in the NFL.

Defense seemed to be asleep on the opening drive. We did not have much pressure all day. I don't think they took the Ravens seriously.

Andy went ultra conservative most of the game and it was pretty easy to figure out what was coming next. West ran into a lot of stacked lines. Alex once again clocked in, did the minimum and went home a winner.

8 in a row is a nice streak-and with the Cheating Donks choking anything can happen the rest of the season.

My son is in town on a leave from the Navy. I am looking to surprise him with Chiefs tickets if anyone has any. Nosebleed are fine. Need 4.

Go Chiefs!!

Buehler445
12-21-2015, 02:13 AM
Great write up as always!

A win is a win and I am glad we put it to the Ravens at home.

We have two home games left to fix some of the problems that keep showing up week after week.

Special teams are going to cost us in the playoffs. Hamsalad Jr. didn't muff this week but cost us huge in field position yet again. Why does he think running backwards 20 yards is a good idea? Fair catch the damned ball or just plow ahead and take the 3-5 yards. Toub will be looking for a job after this year. We have the worst special teams in the NFL.

Defense seemed to be asleep on the opening drive. We did not have much pressure all day. I don't think they took the Ravens seriously.

Andy went ultra conservative most of the game and it was pretty easy to figure out what was coming next. West ran into a lot of stacked lines. Alex once again clocked in, did the minimum and went home a winner.

8 in a row is a nice streak-and with the Cheating Donks choking anything can happen the rest of the season.

My son is in town on a leave from the Navy. I am looking to surprise him with Chiefs tickets if anyone has any. Nosebleed are fine. Need 4.

Go Chiefs!!

Overreact much? We aren't the worst in the league. By a mile.

Don't disagree with anything else. It should bear noting Baltimore has been kind of a thorn in our side as well. Not as bad as the Colts, but we can't ever seem to beat them (except when Richardson is around to demolish the murdering fuck) and they have fisted us in the playoffs.

Yeah, they were almost down to running out cheerleaders, but I'm glad we fucking got them. Fuck them. In the face.

Chief Henry
12-21-2015, 04:34 AM
Glad you are feeling better and I go against the grain from last week. I enjoy reading what you do prior to each game and what is going on in your life....as usual, I also enjoy your 10 things every week...On KC first TD, that might be the finest execution by our O line I've seen all season. I replayed that particular play over 4-5 times and it was perfect.

Our special teams play started shaky, opening kick off is run out of end zone from 7 yards deep and we only get to the 11 yard line. Our kick coverage allowed a long kickoff return to help setup the Ravens first TD. After we stopped the fake punt and scored we sent the house on the Ravens next punt attempt and ran into the punter and gave the Ravens an extra set of downs. Those mistakes have to be eliminated.

Danguardace
12-21-2015, 05:01 AM
Great read as always.

Only things to add;

1. I felt a great sense of Pride when I saw an empty stadium except for a miniature Sea of Red at the end of the game. Add to How many Chiefs fans came over here to London Chiefs really have a passionate fan base.

2. Marcus Peters TD celebration...

Mosbonian
12-21-2015, 06:34 AM
Are you not much of a fan, or can you not afford Sunday Ticket, and too dumb to stream? Just curious.

Seems a bit harsh.....maybe some people live their regular life on Sundays or have obligations that don't allow them to go to a bar.

bevischief
12-21-2015, 07:00 AM
Hope you are doing well buddy and fantastic read as always!

I agree.

BlackHelicopters
12-21-2015, 08:07 AM
Nicely written. Thank you.

Sully
12-21-2015, 08:10 AM
10 things has gone to shit since phobia left...

Lzen
12-21-2015, 08:44 AM
George, I'm sure you're enjoying all this praise but I'm gonna have to go against the grain. This ten things sucks!

Ok, j/k. Good stuff, as always. Glad you're feeling better. Merry Christmas!

As for the comments on STs, I think Toub is a good STs coach. IMO, the injuries have really hurt in that they haven't had a lot of consistency on that unit. However, I don't know what they see in Hammond. He is terrible.

scho63
12-21-2015, 09:35 AM
Ten Things About Today's Game

10. On Friday I had a little medical scare that ended with some poking and prodding and a machine that goes BING taped up to my tits at the doctor's office,
Were you lactating? ROFL

9. When the Chiefs were 1-5 the CP had basically melted down, and we were talking tanking for a draft pick. No matter what happens from here on out, you have to applaud Reid for keeping his team engaged, and not giving up. Character matters in the league. That's the truth.
I'll be the first to admit at 1-5 I gave up all hope and felt it would be another worthless season. There were a couple of people here who said it could all turnaround with our crappy upcoming schedule and we could finish with 9-10 wins. Hats off to them and to Andy Reid and John Dorsey for doing a bang up job! :clap:

6 AND 5. The defense won the game, but there's still some cause for concern.---Marcus Peters can make you cringe or cry with joy. The Ravens were picking on him for a good part of the game. Peters was playing off in coverage, bouncing off tackles he should have made, tried to strip balls when he should have been tackling. But the kid is a ball hawk. Kudos to Sutton for adjusting at halftime, and slamming the door on the road.
100% agree. Playing crappy teams can give you a false sense of security. We need better starts, better tackling, especially Peters who keeps going for a strip when he is the only one there to make a tackle, and our pass rush needs to kick it up a notch.

4. The Brazilian Midget did a great job today. He nailed a 53 yarder, not an easy kick in December in an unknown stadium. When DAT gets over his concussion, Hammond is at Sears selling Lady Kenmores.
I was pleasantly surprised at Cairo's make at half as I gave it less than a 50% chance. I don't think he had one touchback today and you can see the effect of a 40 degree day as opposed to 60 degrees, about 5-7 yards a kick which is huge.
Frankie Hammond should have been the one to get the concussion as he is useless and scares the hell out of me everytime he goes back to field a punt. Our special teams have sucked balls this year.

3. KC went conservative in the second half, punting at least twice in no man's land just over midfield. The team was better on avoiding penalties. KC had one less than the Ravens: KC was 6 for 55 yards, Baltimore 7 for 63 yards.
I think one of those near midfield drives we should have went for it. I think we were at the Ravens 47 or so with a 4th and 5 and we punted. Didn't like that call.
On the penalty front, my comment about our ST play rings true here as I believe 3 of the 6 penalties were on the ST unit; one for running into the kicker from Demetrius Harris, one holding call from Steve Nelson, and one block in the back by Tyvon Branch. That's just too many special teams penalties. They are the sloppiest unit on the team.

2. Andy was slow pulling out his red flag for a challenge in the fourth quarter on a two feet in catch for Baltimore. But as luck would have it, Clausen did a hurry up call on the next play to get the ball snapped, threw the ball into triple coverage, hit Peters right in the two-two and it was a 90 yard pick six.
Andy would have won that but when you are a team on a 8 game winning streak, somehow these are the things that break your way.

1. I tend to take wins like today with a bit of reservation and suspicion. WE HAVE SEEN THIS SONG AND DANCE BEFORE, THAT'S FOR SURE
I think this team has much more backbone on defense now than two years ago. DEPTH, DEPTH, DEPTH
I don't see them melting down if they get a lead. The problem is, Alex has to get them that lead, because it's highly doubtful he's going to bring a team back against a playoff caliber opponent. We can't be down by 17 or more to a team in the playoffs.

The cool thing is, every team in the AFC has warts now. Five Head and Luck are still hurt. New England lost their running game, and the last time we played Brady we kicked his ass at Arrowhead. Rapistburger is one good hit away from being down and out. Fitzgerald with the Jets? Seriously? That guy is a fuzzy sawed off Cassel-like journeyman. There's no team, not one, in the AFC that KC can't beat. But I still have that nagging battered wife syndrome... Because....Chiefs. I'm trying to be optimistic as Lucy is teeing up the ball for me one more time. Next up, I think we should all bring a bunch of Sonic cups into Arrowhead next Sunday and wave them at Bowe. If he even makes the trip and suits up.

I think you meant Fitzpatrick as you mixed up your Irishmen! ROFL

All these teams are beatable IMHO but the last team I want to face would be going into Pittsburgh, and I think there is currently little chance of that happening.

So let me take a moment to wish each and every one of you CPers... even the bat shit crazy ones in the DC section - a MERRY CHRISTMAS. and all the best to you and yours. See you next week.

Same to my KC Friend!

Great write up George and glad to see you are back and no major health problems. :clap:

gblowfish
12-21-2015, 10:08 AM
Fitzgerald....Fitzpatrick....those Micks all look the same to me....

Hydrae
12-21-2015, 10:11 AM
You did the usual terrific job George. This is the highlight of the week around here, IMO.

Glad to hear that you are doing well. Please pass along condolences to Gary. I am fortunate and have both of my parents (they are 76 now) and do not look forward to the day that I lose either of them.

Keep up the great work and please do let us know how your day/week was before the game started. It is a nice touch that I appreciate and enjoy.

Frosty
12-21-2015, 10:13 AM
2. Marcus Peters TD celebration...

I thought it was hilarious that Peters broke out the Ray Lewis dance. You just know he had to practice that in anticipation against scoring against the Ravens.

scho63
12-21-2015, 10:17 AM
Fitzgerald....Fitzpatrick....those Micks all look the same to me....

Just watch out for those two Irish Gaylicks- Patrick Fitzgerald and Gerald Fitzpatrick :eek:

gblowfish
12-21-2015, 10:22 AM
I thought it was hilarious that Peters broke out the Ray Lewis dance. You just know he had to practice that in anticipation against scoring against the Ravens.
I always thought Ray Ray ripped off Pee Wee's dance moves!

ROYC75
12-21-2015, 10:22 AM
10 things has gone to shit since phobia left...

ROFL

Nice work George, Merry Christmas to all!

journeyscarab
12-21-2015, 12:03 PM
Great read as always George. I actually like the peek into your gameday routine and stories about your friends that you include. Keep up the great work and Merry Christmas!

Chiefs4TheWin
12-21-2015, 12:12 PM

**** every one else

I agree.

Merry Christmas!

RINGLEADER
12-21-2015, 12:29 PM

We haven't had someone with Marcus Peters' kind of attitude on this team in a long time.

This was an A+ pick by Dorsey and Co.

Easy 6
12-21-2015, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the write up gb, you've really become quite slick with these over the years.

I didn't get to watch the game, just highlights (work schmerk)... but what I really like about yesterdays win is how no one other than Peters really did anything spectacular, neither offense nor defense.

They had an average looking game all around yet still came out victorious on the road, that's a great sign IMO... to go from the heartbreak of the first 6 games to this winning streak has brought back my big red boner.

And damn don't I love the new road look they've been sporting lately.

SAUTO
12-21-2015, 06:19 PM

You did fine on your own, nothing wrong with your write up.
George is just special.

milkman
12-21-2015, 07:09 PM
To Schoo63, I can only remember seeing Peters miss 3, maybe 4, tackles, including yesterday.

Really, this Chiefs defense has been one of the best tackling units in the league during this win streak.

They don't miss many tackles at all.

KChiefs1
12-21-2015, 09:41 PM
Great read as always George.