PDA

View Full Version : Life My fun last night

DC.chief
12-22-2015, 10:31 AM
It's long and about a dog fight if you're not interested gtfo.

It was around 6:30 last night. I'm sitting in my living room watching nfl network when I hear some commotion outside. My dogs run to the front door and start going nuts so I get up to go investigate.

I see a guy out in the street wrestling with some dogs and it looks serious so I run out to see what I can do. The guy was walking his pit bull when another stray pit bull ran up and started attacking his dog. The attacking pit was a bit smaller than the other dog but still lean and muscular.

The guy had his dog's leash in his left hand pulling him back and had one of his shoes in his right hand that he was using to repeatedly smash against the attacking pits face. I didn't know what to do at first. I debated getting involved for a moment because I realized the pit could potentially **** me up.

The one dog wasn't even trying to defend itself and was clearly hurt at this point so I couldn't sit there and watch it. Let me tell you this dog was latched down like the jaws of life(DEATH) on the other dogs neck. NOTHING was breaking him free. A third guy joins the party and runs up and tries kicking the dog a few times and the dog still held on. Finally we break them free but it isn't done yet. He was relentless, kept trying to get around us back to the other dog but I boxed him out like a pro.

The third guy there landed a kick to the dogs ribs that looked like santos trying to hit a 65 yarder with 20 mph winds in his face and that clearly stunned the dog and likely broke some ribs. That basically ended it. Some lady 5 townhouses down runs out on her steps yelling for the loose dog which turns out to be hers. Don't know what took her ass so long to get out there. The whole thing lasted a good 20 minutes and there were two car alarms going off the whole damn time.

3 cop cars show up about 5 minutes later not sure what ended up happening from there. Never had to break up a dog fight before. Some where along the line I got bit or something, nothing too bad but both my arms are marked up some and were bleeding. I'm wondering what I could have done differently?I wish I knew the health of the dog that was attacked because I definitely noticed some blood around his neck

Glad it wasn't my GSD out there because she would have killed that pit.

The Franchise
12-22-2015, 10:33 AM
In before the "all pits need to die" crowd.

kepp
12-22-2015, 10:41 AM

Unfit owners need to be held responsible.

I was out trail running at Wyandotte County Lake a couple weeks ago and some idiot had two rottweilers on the trail. They were snarling and lunging at every one that passed and the guy barely had the strength to restrain them. Just an idiot thinking he's cool because he has tough dogs, but they aren't properly trained.

Fairplay
12-22-2015, 10:41 AM
That's why I carry a gun with me for instances like that.

One time I heard a noise out front last summer it was dark out.
I heard the sound of metal noises.
I went outside and a guy had his bicycle broke down trying to get the chain on his bike back on. I told him I would get a screwdriver to fix it.

The whole while he kept glancing at my holster. I fixed it in a jiffy for him and he said a quick thanks and hauled out of there. I had to laugh at his nervousness Through the ordeal.

DC.chief
12-22-2015, 10:43 AM

I think that's bullshit too. I've had a couple pit lab mixes before and they were great dogs.

My best friend has a couple pits and they are so loving and docile. It really is in how they are raised or treated

seclark
12-22-2015, 10:44 AM
that sounded ruff.
sec

Chief_For_Life58
12-22-2015, 10:44 AM
u could of shot the dog. that would of helped the situation

RockChalk
12-22-2015, 10:45 AM

I lean towards the "all shitty dog owners need to die" side

The Franchise
12-22-2015, 10:46 AM
I think that's bullshit too. I've had a couple pit lab mixes before and they were great dogs.

My best friend has a couple pits and they are so loving and docile. It really is in how they are raised or treated

Believe me....I agree. We've got a 6 month old pit and that thing is the most loving dog I've ever owned. It lets our 5 year olds lay all over it and wants to sleep in their beds with them.

The Franchise
12-22-2015, 10:46 AM

I was out trail running at Wyandotte County Lake a couple weeks ago and some idiot had two rottweilers on the trail. They were snarling and lunging at every one that passed and the guy barely had the strength to restrain them. Just an idiot thinking he's cool because he has tough dogs, but they aren't properly trained.

I lean towards the "all shitty dog owners need to die" side

Fully agree.

Lzen
12-22-2015, 10:49 AM

Yup. And that guy needs a good kick to the genitals.

Lzen
12-22-2015, 10:51 AM

Yup. My 2 boys each have pit/boxer mixes and they are good dogs. They just have to be raised properly. When you see the dominant/aggressive behavior you have to nip it in the bud. Good dog owners do that no matter the breed. But when you have a powerful breed it's especially important.

Donger
12-22-2015, 10:51 AM
"They should all be destroyed."

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/Robert_Muldoon_8693.jpg

Rain Man
12-22-2015, 10:56 AM
Interesting story, but sad. I prefer a good catfight story.

Chief_For_Life58
12-22-2015, 10:57 AM

the problem is is yea they are awesome dogs, super loving and chill, but if they snap once, just once, theyll rip a small dogs head off in one bite or scar a child's face up for life. And also, the pits ive been around don't seem to be dog dogs. dont get along great with other dogs. I would never own a pit. Too much liability.

kepp
12-22-2015, 10:58 AM
Interesting story, but sad. I prefer a good catfight story.

I heard the offending dog later came back and peered through his window.

The Franchise
12-22-2015, 10:59 AM
the problem is is yea they are awesome dogs, super loving and chill, but if they snap once, just once, theyll rip a small dogs head off in one bite or scar a child's face up for life. And also, the pits ive been around don't seem to be dog dogs. dont get along great with other dogs. I would never own a pit. Too much liability.

I've got two other dogs with my pit and the only dogs that get angry are the other two dogs. That's because they're older and the pit wants to play with them....constantly.

tooge
12-22-2015, 11:01 AM
Nice story and all, but was the lady hot?

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-22-2015, 11:13 AM
It makes me want to puke when I hear the "my ptibull is so loving, he lets my 2 year old ride him, it's all in how their raised"

BULLSHIT. When someone or something they are not familiar with comes into their territory you get exactly like what happened in the OP.

Kill them all with antifreeze, aids, fire and led.

ptlyon
12-22-2015, 11:15 AM
It makes me want to puke when I hear the "my ptibull is so loving, he lets my 2 year old ride him, it's all in how their raised"

BULLSHIT. When someone or something they are not familiar with comes into their territory you get exactly like what happened in the OP.

Damn. Hogs eat people too.

RockChalk
12-22-2015, 11:18 AM
Nice story and all, but was the lady hot?

His description was "some lady 5 townhouses down" and she had a loose pitbull. I feel pretty safe guessing that she is not hot.

seclark
12-22-2015, 11:19 AM

no shit...i was once bitten by a hog. nasty, mean old bitch.
sec

Rain Man
12-22-2015, 11:20 AM
His description was "some lady 5 townhouses down" and she had a loose pitbull. I feel pretty safe guessing that she is not hot.

It's the internet. I prefer to assume that she was attractive and ran out naked because she was showering with one of her sorority sisters when the dog got loose.

PunkinDrublic
12-22-2015, 11:23 AM

I take it your pit bull semen business never really got off the ground?

DC.chief
12-22-2015, 11:24 AM

The dog being attacked was a larger bully pit and he was to scared to even defend himself

But yeah they're ALL killing machines. It's just easier to classify them all that way right? Let's exterminate every last one

Iowanian
12-22-2015, 11:30 AM
Pits are trailer park dogs.

Buehler445
12-22-2015, 11:35 AM
Only thing I might have done different was get something to beat on or pry the attacking dog loose with, preferably from a distance, broom handle or something.

Only thing I've ever done like that is with my sister's dog. My sister is a dog moron. She has this black lab mutt that is a pretty good dog. So naturally, she went and got this other damn dog, because why have everything working decently, right?

So she got this Great Dane that was pretty skinny and had all manner of fleas and shit. I'm not paying too much attention. Great Danes are normally pretty good natured. She kind of half assed went after my dog a little bit, but I figured he deserved it as he's a little punk sometimes and dogs have to get used to each other. No harm no foul.

A couple weeks later she gets in a fight with my sisters initial dog. She's built like a brick shithouse and there wasn't any damage done, so I just told my sister about it and she separated them for awhile.

Later that week, the Great Dane absolutely shreds the mutt. I mean bad. I wasn't around, but my dad managed to get it stopped. I was surprised the Great Dane could do that much damage. The mutt outweighed it by probably 10-15 pounds and is a fairly powerful dog, while the Great Dane was really skinny and looked kind of weak. But it turns out that she had such a distinct height advantage and so much more leverage that it wasn't even close.

Naturally I'm the one that has to take the mutt to the vet. So the vet gets her cleaned up, and I'm picking her up and out of the pickup and that damn Great Dane goes after her while she's still in my arms. I hauled off and kicked that dog in the stomach with my steel toes as hard as I could. Colquitt would have been jealous.

End result: I got to load up the Dane and take it to the vet for extermination. Yay me.

Lonewolf Ed
12-22-2015, 11:45 AM
Yup. My 2 boys each have pit/boxer mixes and they are good dogs. They just have to be raised properly. When you see the dominant/aggressive behavior you have to nip it in the bud. Good dog owners do that no matter the breed. But when you have a powerful breed it's especially important.

Correct! I had a Rottweiler and she tried to chase two dogs away from the house one day and they stopped and stared at her, and she just stood there. She was not aggressive, but defensive. When one bit her on the face, she just looked at me, and I came to kick the dog but it let go and jumped away. My dog just stood there looking up at me and back at the two dogs. A few handfuls of gravel from the driveway sent them off.

Buehler445
12-22-2015, 11:47 AM
Believe me....I agree. We've got a 6 month old pit and that thing is the most loving dog I've ever owned. It lets our 5 year olds lay all over it and wants to sleep in their beds with them.

My old neighbor got a pit puppy. She was genetically deaf. She went from this little fuzzy toy to a huge dog that I swear was cast from a chunk of iron. She was nothing but muscle and bone and I think the muscle was harder than the bone.

She'd come outside and spaz out and shit, scare the ever living fuckballs out of my dog (who thinks he's far far tougher than he is) and sprint everywhere. I swear to god, she'd run around my neighbors pickup full throttle and ram her head into his receiver hitch (I presume, I'd just hear the clang) and come around the backside of the pickup still full throttle.

When my daughter was old enough to walk around outside, I was pretty nervous. The pit was really nice to wife and I and I wasn't all that worried about her biting or anything, but my daughter was a new person so we were paying attention. But she had so much mass and was SO powerful (and spaztastic) I was concerned that she'd accidentally hurt her.

Never even bumped into her. Her tail got within a half inch or so of her when she walked by one time. And my daughter would chase her and jump on her and stuff. Nothing. She'd run around chasing my dog with my daughter running around too and never even bumped her.

That was a great dog. That was probably the worst thing about moving.

The Franchise
12-22-2015, 11:50 AM
My old neighbor got a pit puppy. She was genetically deaf. She went from this little fuzzy toy to a huge dog that I swear was cast from a chunk of iron. She was nothing but muscle and bone and I think the muscle was harder than the bone.

She'd come outside and spaz out and shit, scare the ever living fuckballs out of my dog (who thinks he's far far tougher than he is) and sprint everywhere. I swear to god, she'd run around my neighbors pickup full throttle and ram her head into his receiver hitch (I presume, I'd just hear the clang) and come around the backside of the pickup still full throttle.

When my daughter was old enough to walk around outside, I was pretty nervous. The pit was really nice to wife and I and I wasn't all that worried about her biting or anything, but my daughter was a new person so we were paying attention. But she had so much mass and was SO powerful (and spaztastic) I was concerned that she'd accidentally hurt her.

Never even bumped into her. Her tail got within a half inch or so of her when she walked by one time. And my daughter would chase her and jump on her and stuff. Nothing. She'd run around chasing my dog with my daughter running around too and never even bumped her.

That was a great dog. That was probably the worst thing about moving.

He was just biding his time until he could attack all of you and take over your house as his own. Should've killed him when you had the chance. :rolleyes:

RockChalk
12-22-2015, 11:55 AM
Only thing I might have done different was get something to beat on or pry the attacking dog loose with, preferably from a distance, broom handle or something.

Only thing I've ever done like that is with my sister's dog. My sister is a dog moron. She has this black lab mutt that is a pretty good dog. So naturally, she went and got this other damn dog, because why have everything working decently, right?

So she got this Great Dane that was pretty skinny and had all manner of fleas and shit. I'm not paying too much attention. Great Danes are normally pretty good natured. She kind of half assed went after my dog a little bit, but I figured he deserved it as he's a little punk sometimes and dogs have to get used to each other. No harm no foul.

A couple weeks later she gets in a fight with my sisters initial dog. She's built like a brick shithouse and there wasn't any damage done, so I just told my sister about it and she separated them for awhile.

Later that week, the Great Dane absolutely shreds the mutt. I mean bad. I wasn't around, but my dad managed to get it stopped. I was surprised the Great Dane could do that much damage. The mutt outweighed it by probably 10-15 pounds and is a fairly powerful dog, while the Great Dane was really skinny and looked kind of weak. But it turns out that she had such a distinct height advantage and so much more leverage that it wasn't even close.

Naturally I'm the one that has to take the mutt to the vet. So the vet gets her cleaned up, and I'm picking her up and out of the pickup and that damn Great Dane goes after her while she's still in my arms. I hauled off and kicked that dog in the stomach with my steel toes as hard as I could. Colquitt would have been jealous.

End result: I got to load up the Dane and take it to the vet for extermination. Yay me.

Interesting. I have a Dane and cannot imagine her ever even nipping at another dog. She has a loud bark, but other than that, is one of the most chill/lazy dogs I've ever been around.

Fire Me Boy!
12-22-2015, 11:59 AM

You do realize this is pretty much what every owner says after their dog mauls someone, right? Not saying yours would, just pointing out everyone thinks their dog is the sweetest, wouldn't-hurt-a-fly animal around.

TLO
12-22-2015, 12:08 PM
That's why I carry a gun with me for instances like that.

One time I heard a noise out front last summer it was dark out.
I heard the sound of metal noises.
I went outside and a guy had his bicycle broke down trying to get the chain on his bike back on. I told him I would get a screwdriver to fix it.

The whole while he kept glancing at my holster. I fixed it in a jiffy for him and he said a quick thanks and hauled out of there. I had to laugh at his nervousness Through the ordeal.

You are the coolest person I know.

ptlyon
12-22-2015, 12:09 PM
no shit...i was once bitten by a hog. nasty, mean old bitch.
sec

Did you still get laid?

Predarat
12-22-2015, 12:14 PM
The neighbor is prolly a ugly nasty crackwhore and the dog is leftover from a previous failed relationship.

GloucesterChief
12-22-2015, 12:17 PM
Nastiest and most bitey dogs I know are little toy dogs whose owner never said no or put them in their place because they were cute.

Rain Man
12-22-2015, 12:19 PM
The neighbor is prolly a ugly nasty crackwhore and the dog is leftover from a previous failed relationship.

We're going with bicurious naked sorority woman.

seclark
12-22-2015, 12:52 PM
Did you still get laid?

hit her upside the head w/a bucket a couple times and she ran off.
sec

ptlyon
12-22-2015, 12:54 PM
hit her upside the head w/a bucket a couple times and she ran off.
sec

I gotta get my bucket conceal to carry permit

Bwana
12-22-2015, 12:59 PM
When I go running or walking I take my dogs along. I always have my cold steel recon serrated folding knife on me when I go. If came down to something like that where I thought one of my dogs was going to die from an unprovoked attack, the dog would have been gutted.

Fish
12-22-2015, 01:04 PM
If you ever find yourself in that situation, find something to use as a break stick. Find a short 1-2" diameter stick, and jam that fucker right in the biting dog's mouth right at the jaw. Usually the only way to get them to release.

Lzen
12-22-2015, 01:26 PM
Nastiest and most bitey dogs I know are little toy dogs whose owner never said no or put them in their place because they were cute.

This.

And this pitbull was probably raised to fight. It IS about how the owner raises the animal. Sure, some dogs temperments are better than others, but even labs and poodles bite people. And pitbulls are not naturally mean. Anyone who says that is an ignorant fool.

Saccopoo
12-22-2015, 01:36 PM
All I have learned from this thread is that we need more people carrying guns to scare the shit out of bike riders, more knives in case aliens attack our dogs when we are jogging and more dogs like CP dog owners have that would kick the shit out of every other dog on the planet (other than the alien dog hunters).

God Bless America and CP.

Lzen
12-22-2015, 03:06 PM
http://pix11.com/2015/12/21/pit-bull-dies-protecting-her-family-from-attacker/

kepp
12-22-2015, 03:08 PM
This.

And this pitbull was probably raised to fight. It IS about how the owner raises the animal. Sure, some dogs temperments are better than others, but even labs and poodles bite people. And pitbulls are not naturally mean. Anyone who says that is an ignorant fool.

Poodles are actually mean little bitches.

Beef Supreme
12-22-2015, 03:21 PM
I'm not in the all pits need to die camp, but the abundance of shitty owners with even shittier breeding practices means you never know what you're getting with one. I would never own one. I am pretty confidant any dog I owned would be a good dog, but I don't want the liability and I don't want a dog with a reputation that people are afraid of.

Buehler445
12-22-2015, 03:38 PM
Interesting. I have a Dane and cannot imagine her ever even nipping at another dog. She has a loud bark, but other than that, is one of the most chill/lazy dogs I've ever been around.

That's what I thought too. When it pinned my dog down I figured it was just playing or establishing that him being a little punk wasn't cool.

Then it shredded my sisters dog. I'm pretty sure it was over food. That mutt dogs food is hers and that's all there is too it. She took no issue in letting this giant ass German Shepherd (that was as much of a killing machine as I've ever been around) that he better get the fuck away from her food. I imagine it did the same thing to the Dane and she just lost her shit and viewed her as the enemy.

The mutt was still in my arms when the Dane attacked it the last time. I've never been around anything like that. And it never went after me. Even after I kicked the bejesus out of her, she still acted like she wanted petted and things.

It was weird

If you ever find yourself in that situation, find something to use as a break stick. Find a short 1-2" diameter stick, and jam that fucker right in the biting dog's mouth right at the jaw. Usually the only way to get them to release.

Thanks for posting. I honestly didn't know. If rep you but I have to spread it around some.

Buehler445
12-22-2015, 03:39 PM

Yep. Goddamn small dog syndrome.

ModSocks
12-22-2015, 03:39 PM
I have a little wimpy-poodle like dog. And it's awesome. Sooooo much easier to deal with than the last dog i owned. I barely even trained it. It just....knows stuff.

I call it a cat dog because it loves to cuddle with anyone that'll cuddle with it. Great with kids. Better than me.

When she needs to pee, she paws at the door. I didn't teach her that shit. She'll hold it allllll day too if need be.

She has all those proper dog mannerisms that the "Dog whisperer" talks about, and i didn't do a damn thing to make her that way. She just came that way outta the box, lol.

Oxford
12-22-2015, 03:54 PM
This.

And this pitbull was probably raised to fight. It IS about how the owner raises the animal. Sure, some dogs temperments are better than others, but even labs and poodles bite people.

Problem is that a lot of the "pits" are mixes and who knows what you are getting if you get a mix. I did statistics on this for our court and 50% of the vicious dog bite cases were pits or pit mixes.

FWIW my 15yo Newfoundland/Dalmation mix bit the hell out of a neighbors dog that he was staying with over the weekend. WTF?

seclark
12-22-2015, 03:56 PM
Problem is that a lot of the "pits" are mixes and who knows what you are getting if you get a mix. I did statistics on this for our court and 50% of the vicious dog bite cases were pits or pit mixes.

FWIW my 15yo Newfoundland/Dalmation mix bit the hell out of a neighbors dog that he was staying with over the weekend. WTF?

i heard somewhere that dalmations were bad at biting?
sec

The Franchise
12-22-2015, 03:57 PM
i heard somewhere that dalmations were bad at biting?
sec

When I was 5, our cocker spaniel bit me in the face. And it was literally because I was bending down to give him a hug while he was eating. Yeah.....stupid kid....I know. He apparently thought I was taking his food. My Dad kicked him across the yard...and we never saw him again. I ended up getting 40 stitches in my right cheek.

ModSocks
12-22-2015, 04:05 PM
After my experience with my little dog, I'll never get a medium/large breed again. I get all the benefits of owning a dog with half the hassle. And chicks dig it, they find it cute and cuddly.

seclark
12-22-2015, 04:06 PM
When I was 5, our cocker spaniel bit me in the face. And it was literally because I was bending down to give him a hug while he was eating. Yeah.....stupid kid....I know. He apparently thought I was taking his food. My Dad kicked him across the yard...and we never saw him again. I ended up getting 40 stitches in my right cheek.

yeah, i broke my damn toe kicking my american bulldog that drug a deer fawn out of my woods. fucking thing was not going to let go.

that dog would just lay in the yard and let the kids climb all over it. but it killed
young deer 3 times that i know of. final straw was when he got ahold of a calf. had to put him down after that.

i get the "all dogs will bite" thing.
sec

DaNewGuy
12-22-2015, 04:14 PM
After my experience with my little dog, I'll never get a medium/large breed again. I get all the benefits of owning a dog with half the hassle. And chicks dig it, they find it cute and cuddly.

But do they think of your penis in the same light???

Saccopoo
12-22-2015, 04:16 PM
yeah, i broke my damn toe kicking my american bulldog that drug a deer fawn out of my woods. fucking thing was not going to let go.

that dog would just lay in the yard and let the kids climb all over it. but it killed
young deer 3 times that i know of. final straw was when he got ahold of a calf. had to put him down after that.

i get the "all dogs will bite" thing.
sec

Were the deer family pets or something?

Goddamn deer are just big rabbits. You kicked your dog for that?

seclark
12-22-2015, 04:19 PM
Were the deer family pets or something?

Goddamn deer are just big rabbits. You kicked your dog for that?

nah, i got 30 acres of timber behind the house...fuckin dog would go through brush like a bulldozer and catch the fawns. sometimes the doe would kick at it and shit, but it wouldn't faze him. he was nuts. he'd go crazy when you fired up the weedeater, too. had scars all over his muzzle.
sec

The Franchise
12-22-2015, 04:21 PM
He'll kill you.

seclark
12-22-2015, 04:22 PM
He'll kill you.

damn, that's a mean ass looking dog!
sec

The Franchise
12-22-2015, 04:23 PM
damn, that's a mean ass looking dog!
sec

Yeah. We give the kids guns so that they can protect themselves at all times.

DaNewGuy
12-22-2015, 04:35 PM
He'll kill you.
http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/game-on/2011/08/25/mvickx-large.jpg. that dog just needs a good coach

TLO
12-22-2015, 04:38 PM
He'll kill you.

His head seems too big for his body. Pretty adorable.

TinyEvel
12-22-2015, 05:04 PM
See? This is why we have a Shi-tzu. Can't see to bite you through all that hair, and hair ribbon on top removes any sense of aggression.

KCrockaholic
12-22-2015, 05:06 PM
Idiots in Johnson county like to leave their dogs running free in the front yard all the time.

Of course they think their dogs are so sweet and would never hurt a thing because they're nice to the hand that feeds. Sorry, that's not the case people when an unfamiliar person is walking by. And people also fail to realize if their dog comes off their property to attack another citizen then that dog owner can be sued. Why even take the chance? Your dogs aren't as nice as you think they are.

I happened to be carrying a wrench a few months ago and had a black lab come after me, I gave it a nice swipe right in the mouth and he likely lost a tooth. I don't like having to hit a dog, but if it's between my own safety or theirs, I'm picking myself.

Buehler445
12-22-2015, 06:16 PM

My poor damn dog. My daughter is almost 2 and her whole goal in life is to harass him. Pull his tail, hair, ears, tongue, whatever she can get to.

We were terrified. He'd never been aggressive, but man she would sneak over there and harass the shit out of him. He would start eating and she'd just go steal his food. Just make off with it and go put it somewhere else in the house.

All he ever did was give wife and I this "please save me from this monster!" look. He finally figured out that if he licked her face she'd leave him alone. It's still terrifying as hell though. He's smart enough to know that he's a dead fuck, but you still never know.

Fortunately we've got her to quit most of that. Now all she does is butt in on his food, take it out of his bowl, and feed it to him.

The Franchise
12-22-2015, 06:32 PM
My poor damn dog. My daughter is almost 2 and her whole goal in life is to harass him. Pull his tail, hair, ears, tongue, whatever she can get to.

We were terrified. He'd never been aggressive, but man she would sneak over there and harass the shit out of him. He would start eating and she'd just go steal his food. Just make off with it and go put it somewhere else in the house.

All he ever did was give wife and I this "please save me from this monster!" look. He finally figured out that if he licked her face she'd leave him alone. It's still terrifying as hell though. He's smart enough to know that he's a dead fuck, but you still never know.

Fortunately we've got her to quit most of that. Now all she does is butt in on his food, take it out of his bowl, and feed it to him.

I tell my 3 girls all of the time to leave any of our dogs alone while they're eating. Shit....I tell them all the time to not get in their face. Our oldest dog is 13 years old and has never so much as shown the slightest bit of aggression....but you never know.

Rain Man
12-22-2015, 06:35 PM
See? This is why we have a Shi-tzu. Can't see to bite you through all that hair, and hair ribbon on top removes any sense of aggression.

A relative of a friend of mine was killed by a pack of Shih-tzus.

LiveSteam
12-22-2015, 06:40 PM
A relative of a friend of mine was killed by a pack of Shih-tzus.

Didn't Hillary Clinton arm them with weapons, through the Benjie anex?

Otter
12-22-2015, 06:57 PM
Certainly not in the 'ban pitbulls' crowd but they are an alpha dog with aggressive DNA that needs a strong, dominant owner. Most chicks should not be the sole owner of a pitbull.</br></br> I used to walk my friends pitbull and one time a terrier stuck it's snoot through a white picket fence. The pitbull grabbed onto it by the nose and was trying relentlessly to pull it through the fence. I couldn't separate them for the life of me. Actually had to choke out the pitbull. Damn thing woke up like nothing happened.</br></br>They do not like other dogs, old people, or small children for the most part.</br></br> After breaking up two pitbull fights (the 1st one was uneventful) the only advice I can give is that once they are focused on that other dog there is nothing that's going to break their concentration. You can get them in choke, hold them by the collar, wrap a piece of rope around their neck or whatever you need to do with little chance of them turning on you.

Psyko Tek
12-22-2015, 07:59 PM

and most of them are killed to make bacon...

Brock
12-22-2015, 08:20 PM
A pistol comes in handy on nights like these

Squalor2
12-22-2015, 10:28 PM
It's long and about a dog fight if you're not interested gtfo.

It was around 6:30 last night. I'm sitting in my living room watching nfl network when I hear some commotion outside. My dogs run to the front door and start going nuts so I get up to go investigate.

I see a guy out in the street wrestling with some dogs and it looks serious so I run out to see what I can do. The guy was walking his pit bull when another stray pit bull ran up and started attacking his dog. The attacking pit was a bit smaller than the other dog but still lean and muscular.

The guy had his dog's leash in his left hand pulling him back and had one of his shoes in his right hand that he was using to repeatedly smash against the attacking pits face. I didn't know what to do at first. I debated getting involved for a moment because I realized the pit could potentially **** me up.

The one dog wasn't even trying to defend itself and was clearly hurt at this point so I couldn't sit there and watch it. Let me tell you this dog was latched down like the jaws of life(DEATH) on the other dogs neck. NOTHING was breaking him free. A third guy joins the party and runs up and tries kicking the dog a few times and the dog still held on. Finally we break them free but it isn't done yet. He was relentless, kept trying to get around us back to the other dog but I boxed him out like a pro.

The third guy there landed a kick to the dogs ribs that looked like santos trying to hit a 65 yarder with 20 mph winds in his face and that clearly stunned the dog and likely broke some ribs. That basically ended it. Some lady 5 townhouses down runs out on her steps yelling for the loose dog which turns out to be hers. Don't know what took her ass so long to get out there. The whole thing lasted a good 20 minutes and there were two car alarms going off the whole damn time.

3 cop cars show up about 5 minutes later not sure what ended up happening from there. Never had to break up a dog fight before. Some where along the line I got bit or something, nothing too bad but both my arms are marked up some and were bleeding. I'm wondering what I could have done differently?I wish I knew the health of the dog that was attacked because I definitely noticed some blood around his neck

Glad it wasn't my GSD out there because she would have killed that pit.

id be glad if your a neighbor. i dont know your cops or ordinaces, but if a human gets skin broken like you did, animal control can incubate a dog for rabiies. 120 a day, for 2 weeks. the woman that let her dog off the leash will learn a lesson. or you can shoot it

Gonzo
12-23-2015, 05:27 AM
Well, opinions are like assholes.

However, interesting statistics here. Did you all know that pit bulls attack children as well as adults in nearly equal measure? They're the only popular breed to do so. I find that odd since the breed is naturally non agressive and usually only attacks when provoked.

I remember a story in the news about 7-8 years ago when the family dog was hanging around the families new baby and decided to tear the little boys' penis off and eat it.
I wonder if it was a border collie? I have met some very docile pits, though and will always admit that the onus belongs to the owner in a lot of cases. The breed has a bad rap, especially when a certain percentage of the populous breeds them to be violent and fight. The stigma will continue to be negative until this stops. They are beautiful dogs. Shame people suck so bad.

http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics-study-dog-attacks-and-maimings-merritt-clifton.php

Fire Me Boy!
12-23-2015, 07:56 AM
Well, opinions are like assholes.

However, interesting statistics here. Did you all know that pit bulls attack children as well as adults in nearly equal measure? They're the only popular breed to do so. I find that odd since the breed is naturally non agressive and usually only attacks when provoked.

I remember a story in the news about 7-8 years ago when the family dog was hanging around the families new baby and decided to tear the little boys' penis off and eat it.
I wonder if it was a border collie? I have met some very docile pits, though and will always admit that the onus belongs to the owner in a lot of cases. The breed has a bad rap, especially when a certain percentage of the populous breeds them to be violent and fight. The stigma will continue to be negative until this stops. They are beautiful dogs. Shame people suck so bad.

http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics-study-dog-attacks-and-maimings-merritt-clifton.php

I admit I'm not 100 percent educated on the breed, and owners/lovers will have a different opinion than the breed haters, but the bolded statement doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Wasn't the breed created for blood sport? If that's the case, that would indicate aggressiveness would have been bred into it. Which would make them naturally (more) aggressive that other breeds.

GloucesterChief
12-23-2015, 08:18 AM
I admit I'm not 100 percent educated on the breed, and owners/lovers will have a different opinion than the breed haters, but the bolded statement doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Wasn't the breed created for blood sport? If that's the case, that would indicate aggressiveness would have been bred into it. Which would make them naturally (more) aggressive that other breeds.

Pits tend to be more aggressive towards other dogs than people.

MotherfuckerJones
12-23-2015, 08:19 AM

Yah that's just silly.

Lzen
12-23-2015, 08:20 AM
http://www.pbrc.net/breedinfo2.html
Humans have created dog breeds by emphasizing desirable traits and eliminating unwanted ones. It is no different with pit bulls. In the same way that Labradors were bred to retrieve birds, pit bulls were originally bred for dog fighting and bull and bear baiting.

This does not, however, mean that fighting is the sole purpose of these breeds or that this component of the breeds’ history somehow makes them abnormal or negates their positive traits and well-known gentleness toward humans. For example, Greyhounds and Whippets were (and still are) bred for “coursing,” chasing and killing small prey like rabbits and squirrels. Like pit bulls, these dogs still make excellent family pets.

While some pit bulls may carry the potential for dog aggression, the vast majority of pit bulls are very far from the “fighting lines” of their ancestors, and may not be dog aggressive at all. It’s not accurate to say

that pit bulls are “fighting dogs,” because such a designation fails to describe such a diverse animal population, most of which are very far from “fighting stock” and will never be involved in fighting of any kind.

From their inception, these dogs have been bred for general human companionship, and since the 1900s, they have been bred for conformation showing as well. From the very beginning, pit bulls have been used as farm dogs, family dogs, military mascots, and all-purpose companions. In England, the Staffie Bull is affectionately known as “The Nanny Dog” or “The Children’s Nursemaid” because of their placid and nurturing demeanor toward children. (Regardless of how gentle your pit bull is with kids, dogs of any breed should never be left alone unsupervised with children.)

Throughout their history in America, pit bull dogs have been valued as beloved members of the family. Their negative media image developed only recently. (Some suggest that an absurdly sensationalistic Sports Illustrated cover started the hysteria in 1987.) In fact, pit bulls have fulfilled important roles throughout the last 160-plus years of American history. In the nineteenth century, pit bulls were family pets of settlers crossing the United States. They were trusted to watch the children while the adults worked in the fields. As the years passed, pit bulls achieved a position of reverence among Americans, and they appeared in advertising campaigns such as Buster Brown and Pup Brand. A classic children’s television show, The Little Rascals, featured Petey the Pit Bull. Pit bulls have even graced the cover of Life magazine three times.

In 1903, Dr. Horatio Nelson Jackson hit the road with co-driver Sewall K. Crocker and a pit bull named Bud, who wore goggles, just like his master, to keep the dust from his eyes. Together, the three made the very first road trip across the US. Bud drew almost as much public attention as his fellow travelers. While it is unclear as to why Jackson and Crocker picked up Bud about halfway through their trip, one story suggests that Jackson rescued him from dogfighters.

In the early twentieth century, pit bulls were so respected for their loyalty, determination and bravery that they were chosen to represent

America in WWI posters. The first decorated canine war hero was a pit bull named Sergeant Stubby. He was, until his death, a guest of every White House administration.

Many highly respected historical figures have owned pit bulls: President Woodrow Wilson, President Theodore Roosevelt, Helen Keller, Fred Astaire, Humphrey Bogart, and Thomas Edison, to name a few.

Today, pit bulls are respected and dearly loved by those who know them for what they truly are and not the monsters the media has created.

MotherfuckerJones
12-23-2015, 08:24 AM
This reminds me of my story as a kid. I was about 10 years old. I walked two St. Bernard's for a lady after school and a friend of mine had a New Foundland dog and it got out. Went after these two dogs and it was a big scuffle for a few minutes before it got broken up. Fucking crazy because the dog was friendly and I liked it a lot.

gblowfish
12-23-2015, 08:29 AM
"Did you wager on it?" - Ron Mexico

Fire Me Boy!
12-23-2015, 08:30 AM
http://www.pbrc.net/breedinfo2.html
Humans have created dog breeds by emphasizing desirable traits and eliminating unwanted ones. It is no different with pit bulls. In the same way that Labradors were bred to retrieve birds, pit bulls were originally bred for dog fighting and bull and bear baiting.

This does not, however, mean that fighting is the sole purpose of these breeds or that this component of the breeds’ history somehow makes them abnormal or negates their positive traits and well-known gentleness toward humans. For example, Greyhounds and Whippets were (and still are) bred for “coursing,” chasing and killing small prey like rabbits and squirrels. Like pit bulls, these dogs still make excellent family pets.

While some pit bulls may carry the potential for dog aggression, the vast majority of pit bulls are very far from the “fighting lines” of their ancestors, and may not be dog aggressive at all. It’s not accurate to say

that pit bulls are “fighting dogs,” because such a designation fails to describe such a diverse animal population, most of which are very far from “fighting stock” and will never be involved in fighting of any kind.

From their inception, these dogs have been bred for general human companionship, and since the 1900s, they have been bred for conformation showing as well. From the very beginning, pit bulls have been used as farm dogs, family dogs, military mascots, and all-purpose companions. In England, the Staffie Bull is affectionately known as “The Nanny Dog” or “The Children’s Nursemaid” because of their placid and nurturing demeanor toward children. (Regardless of how gentle your pit bull is with kids, dogs of any breed should never be left alone unsupervised with children.)

Throughout their history in America, pit bull dogs have been valued as beloved members of the family. Their negative media image developed only recently. (Some suggest that an absurdly sensationalistic Sports Illustrated cover started the hysteria in 1987.) In fact, pit bulls have fulfilled important roles throughout the last 160-plus years of American history. In the nineteenth century, pit bulls were family pets of settlers crossing the United States. They were trusted to watch the children while the adults worked in the fields. As the years passed, pit bulls achieved a position of reverence among Americans, and they appeared in advertising campaigns such as Buster Brown and Pup Brand. A classic children’s television show, The Little Rascals, featured Petey the Pit Bull. Pit bulls have even graced the cover of Life magazine three times.

In 1903, Dr. Horatio Nelson Jackson hit the road with co-driver Sewall K. Crocker and a pit bull named Bud, who wore goggles, just like his master, to keep the dust from his eyes. Together, the three made the very first road trip across the US. Bud drew almost as much public attention as his fellow travelers. While it is unclear as to why Jackson and Crocker picked up Bud about halfway through their trip, one story suggests that Jackson rescued him from dogfighters.

In the early twentieth century, pit bulls were so respected for their loyalty, determination and bravery that they were chosen to represent

America in WWI posters. The first decorated canine war hero was a pit bull named Sergeant Stubby. He was, until his death, a guest of every White House administration.

Many highly respected historical figures have owned pit bulls: President Woodrow Wilson, President Theodore Roosevelt, Helen Keller, Fred Astaire, Humphrey Bogart, and Thomas Edison, to name a few.

Today, pit bulls are respected and dearly loved by those who know them for what they truly are and not the monsters the media has created.

If pits would stop eating people, media would stop covering them. ;)

Lzen
12-23-2015, 08:36 AM
If pits would stop eating people, media would stop covering them. ;)

Ha ha.

From my own experience I can only remember 2 times ever being attacked by a dog. First time I was a kid and some mutt was in my alley. I punched it in the face and it gave up. The other time was 17-18 years ago as I was walking on the sidewalk a couple of blocks from home on my way to work in the morning. Someone's dog got out the front door and confronted me on the sidewalk. I tried to walk past and it bit me. I don't remember if I knew the exact breed. I believe it was something like an Australian Shepherd.

I've had tons of little dogs act aggressively but they are usually too scared to actually do anything. I've known several pitbulls or pit mixes and have never personally known of one to attack a person. I know it happens but I also believe that has a lot to do with the idiots who get them to fight or just to look like a bad ass.

Hydrae
12-23-2015, 08:58 AM
This reminds me of my story as a kid. I was about 10 years old. I walked two St. Bernard's for a lady after school and a friend of mine had a New Foundland dog and it got out. Went after these two dogs and it was a big scuffle for a few minutes before it got broken up. ****ing crazy because the dog was friendly and I liked it a lot.

2 St Bernard's and a Newfoundland? That is a lot of dog meat and I would not want to get in the middle of that fight. Can't imagine a 10 year old trying to deal with that.

So we have a German Shepard that is right at a year old. We also have a little terrier mix that is about 4. The GS is at least twice the size of the terrier and he constantly pushes him around just with his weight. Lately the GS has been putting his mouth on the terriers neck. He doesn't bite but I know he is just expressing his dominance. Reading a few comments in this thread though makes me concerned about how he would react to other dogs in the future. How do I get this behavior to stop? When I see it, I break them up and punish the Shepard but it does not seem to be getting through his thick skull to not do that any more.

Overall the Shepard is the sweetest thing (I know, we all say that about our dogs). He would love to cuddle with our cats but for some funny reason they don't want to get near that 80 pound dog. Even when he does his dominance thing to the terrier he just puts his mouth on his neck, no actually biting going on.

Fire Me Boy!
12-23-2015, 09:01 AM
2 St Bernard's and a Newfoundland? That is a lot of dog meat and I would not want to get in the middle of that fight. Can't imagine a 10 year old trying to deal with that.

Heh... Dogmeat.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/23/36be8547190259f9feb70c9eec058461.jpg

Lzen
12-23-2015, 09:18 AM

So we have a German Shepard that is right at a year old. We also have a little terrier mix that is about 4. The GS is at least twice the size of the terrier and he constantly pushes him around just with his weight. Lately the GS has been putting his mouth on the terriers neck. He doesn't bite but I know he is just expressing his dominance. Reading a few comments in this thread though makes me concerned about how he would react to other dogs in the future. How do I get this behavior to stop? When I see it, I break them up and punish the Shepard but it does not seem to be getting through his thick skull to not do that any more.

Overall the Shepard is the sweetest thing (I know, we all say that about our dogs). He would love to cuddle with our cats but for some funny reason they don't want to get near that 80 pound dog. Even when he does his dominance thing to the terrier he just puts his mouth on his neck, no actually biting going on.

If you are breaking them up as soon as it happens then you are doing the right thing. How do you punish him? I know some will disagree but I always used the alpha roll. It works well and you end up with well behaved dogs.

Hydrae
12-23-2015, 09:40 AM
If you are breaking them up as soon as it happens then you are doing the right thing. How do you punish him? I know some will disagree but I always used the alpha roll. It works well and you end up with well behaved dogs.

Usually just a smack on the ass and a firm "No, bad dog" voice. I will say that the smack doesn't seem to phase him though. I often have to grab his collar to get him to back off.

Lzen
12-23-2015, 09:52 AM
Usually just a smack on the ass and a firm "No, bad dog" voice. I will say that the smack doesn't seem to phase him though. I often have to grab his collar to get him to back off.

Roll him on his side and make him stay that way for several minutes. He will try to get up but don't let him.

Buehler445
12-23-2015, 09:54 AM

I did that route with mine because he wants to be the alpha. I tried that with my sisters German Shepherd one time, and it is not an alpha dog mentality and she was so terrified that I'm pretty sure it didn't register.

However, I'm not sure I'd want to try to be the alpha with a giant ass German Shepherd.

Hydrae
12-23-2015, 10:00 AM
I have been thinking that showing alpha is a good idea. I was not aware of the alpha roll, thanks for mentioning it. I have been trying to grab the scruff of his neck in almost a parody of what he is doing to the terrier.

Fire Me Boy!
12-23-2015, 10:07 AM
I have been thinking that showing alpha is a good idea. I was not aware of the alpha roll, thanks for mentioning it. I have been trying to grab the scruff of his neck in almost a parody of what he is doing to the terrier.

I've seen trainers take the scruff like that and push the dog's head/chin into the ground and holding him there (so the dogs chin is flat against the floor, not like nosediving into the ground). :shrug:

Fish
12-23-2015, 10:10 AM
My uncle will hold his dogs down and bite them on the nose. Funniest damn thing you've ever seen. Dogs sure mind well though.

Lzen
12-23-2015, 10:11 AM
I did that route with mine because he wants to be the alpha. I tried that with my sisters German Shepherd one time, and it is not an alpha dog mentality and she was so terrified that I'm pretty sure it didn't register.

However, I'm not sure I'd want to try to be the alpha with a giant ass German Shepherd.

I have 2 boxers that I did that with from a very young age. My male is 90lbs (yeah, he's a beast for a boxer). His German Shepherd is only a year old. He doesn't know how powerful he is yet. Besides, if you're gonna own a large, powerful breed then you should know how to control it. And I don't mean that to sound snarky, Buehler. It is just what I have always believed. This is also why this thread is here in the first place.

RockChalk
12-23-2015, 10:40 AM
I happened to be carrying a wrench a few months ago and had a black lab come after me, I gave it a nice swipe right in the mouth and he likely lost a tooth. I don't like having to hit a dog, but if it's between my own safety or theirs, I'm picking myself.

Fucking savage black labs. My white lab would never go after anyone.

Donger
12-23-2015, 10:42 AM

My Dobe is very head-strong and thankfully responded well to the alpha roll when he was a pup.

DaNewGuy
12-23-2015, 10:50 AM
****ing savage black labs. My white lab would never go after anyone.

White labs just holding the black labs down

Buehler445
12-23-2015, 02:13 PM
I have 2 boxers that I did that with from a very young age. My male is 90lbs (yeah, he's a beast for a boxer). His German Shepherd is only a year old. He doesn't know how powerful he is yet. Besides, if you're gonna own a large, powerful breed then you should know how to control it. And I don't mean that to sound snarky, Buehler. It is just what I have always believed. This is also why this thread is here in the first place.

No offense taken. I don't have a big one. I'd just be a little apprehensive doing it to a dog that big. My dog is a 40 lb Australian cattle dog.

My uncle will hold his dogs down and bite them on the nose. Funniest damn thing you've ever seen. Dogs sure mind well though.

I've heard of several people that bite their ears. Nose is a first though.

SAUTO
12-23-2015, 06:36 PM

We have two boxers as well and my male is only 8 months old and weighs 72 lbs. He is a stud. All muscle.

My female is long and lean. She runs and jumps like a Deer.

My kids waller them dogs all over the place. The little one will flying tackle the dog from the couch when they walk by. They don't give a shit.

MahiMike
12-23-2015, 06:54 PM
Kill all pits.

Otter
12-23-2015, 06:57 PM
Raises hand on alpha roll. Works great and no harsh discipline involved.</br></br>Also, I used to be a huge German Sheppard fan. Swore I'd never own another breed of dog. Got a boxer about 2 years ago and I swear I'll never own another breed of dog. They are the fucking coolest breed hands down. :D