LoneWolf
12-22-2015, 08:08 PM
In before poll.

Urc Burry
12-22-2015, 08:09 PM
Maclin and Berry

Direckshun
12-22-2015, 08:11 PM
Alex Smith's excellent game management this season has been fairly productive offensively, and it's forced opponents to go the full length of the field on our offense. I give it to him over Maclin.

DJ has just been incredible -- maybe his best season. His play against the run has elevated us from a bottom-third rush defense to a Top 8 run defense.

Otter
12-22-2015, 08:11 PM
Wow, me and Dirckshun in 100% agreement right off the bat.

lewdog
12-22-2015, 08:12 PM
Maclin and DJ

/Thread

Perineum Ripper
12-22-2015, 08:15 PM
Maclin and DJ

/Thread

Smith and DJ..you bitch..who drives a Mustang

lewdog
12-22-2015, 08:16 PM
Smith and DJ..you bitch..who drives a Mustang

Yes. Ok.

Do I know you?

TrebMaxx
12-22-2015, 08:17 PM
I will agree that all nominees are worthy in their own ways. I went with Maclin because having a better than average #1 wr has helped the offense step up improvement wise. The play from Marcus has influenced another dimension with the D with the defensive backfield play and moved the D forward. Again, all nominees have played well this year.

Tacoman
12-22-2015, 08:25 PM
I voted smith & DJ.

Ultimately I think DJ runs away w/ it in a landslide on the defensive side of the ball, he has just been so good its crazy. Offense you pretty much have to go with Maclin or Smith as Kelce has had the dropsies, running backs by committee. I think I would maybe put morse on to represent O line instead of fisher though.

FlaChief58
12-22-2015, 08:29 PM
I went with Maclin & Peters although a case could be made for the others.

It's nice having a hard time deciding who the best Chiefs are

Rain Man
12-22-2015, 08:30 PM
I voted but its not time yet. The last two games could make a big difference.

OldSchool
12-22-2015, 08:36 PM
I went with Smith and Hali.

Smith because despite the rotating OL, losing Charles, etc, he is still getting it done and has this team as the 8th scoring offense and 9th in YPP. It was either him or Maclin.

I went with Hali on defense because he continues to make timely game-sealing plays for the team. FF vs Pitt and FF vs Buff. Was a tough choice between him, Johnson, Peters, and Berry.

TEX
12-22-2015, 08:39 PM
Maclin and DJ got my votes respectively.

Smith & Peters were a close 2nd in my book.

SAUTO
12-22-2015, 08:40 PM
Smith. DJ. With berry riding on his shoulders

The Franchise
12-22-2015, 08:46 PM
Maclin and Peters. The defense was a toss up between Peters, DJ and Berry.

staylor26
12-22-2015, 08:48 PM
Why is Sean Smith not an option? He's having another terrific year and we've seen the difference in this defense with and without him.

KCrockaholic
12-22-2015, 08:55 PM
I can't believe it, but I did just vote Alex Smith. He's the correct choice (Maclin is close). And WTF with Eric Fisher? He hasn't played THAT good. Just because a guy is playing better than his previous level of: dogshit. Doesn't mean he's playing well.

OldSchool
12-22-2015, 08:59 PM
Why is Sean Smith not an option? He's having another terrific year and we've seen the difference in this defense with and without him.

He hasn't forced as many turn overs as Peters has probably. His ball skills have been almost cringe-worthy at times. I kind of get the feeling that all that a QB has to do against Smith, even if he has blanket coverage, is to toss the ball up to whoever he is covering and 7 out of 10 times, he will misplay the ball and the receiver will come down with it.

jonzie04
12-22-2015, 09:01 PM
Maclin and Peters. The defense was a toss up between Peters, DJ and Berry.

Exactly this for me....Dj and Berry have been great, but Peters has made too many game changing plays.

KCrockaholic
12-22-2015, 09:03 PM
I feel like Sean Smith is more of a scare tactic. Like, the QB sees this humongous corner and says to himself during a progression, "No ****in way. That WR's covered" Then throws at Peters. Yet when the QB's actually throw at Smith he's bound to give up some very important plays. I'll never forget Ajirotutu beating his ass to lose the game in 2013 Vs SD. Not a hater, just saying. I don't think he's great. I think he's good. Not great.

BigCatDaddy
12-22-2015, 09:03 PM
Maclin has out performed any WR stuck with Smith ever. Him and it isnt close.

Hydrae
12-22-2015, 09:31 PM
DJ easily imo.

Had a tougher time on offense between Maclin and Alex. Went with Maclin.

ThaVirus
12-22-2015, 09:32 PM
I feel like Sean Smith is more of a scare tactic. Like, the QB sees this humongous corner and says to himself during a progression, "No ****in way. That WR's covered" Then throws at Peters. Yet when the QB's actually throw at Smith he's bound to give up some very important plays. I'll never forget Ajirotutu beating his ass to lose the game in 2013 Vs SD. Not a hater, just saying. I don't think he's great. I think he's good. Not great.

Guy's played probably 2,000+ snaps for us and he isn't great because he got beat once for a game winner..

Awesome take.

Psyko Tek
12-22-2015, 09:37 PM
I had to vote Smith he has done the game manager, and more when he audibles out of plays it works

wanted to give peters love, but DJ is beasting big time

DaneMcCloud
12-22-2015, 09:39 PM
Guy's played probably 2,000+ snaps for us and he isn't great because he got beat once for a game winner..

Awesome take.

2,000 snaps?

According to this website, he's played 710 out of a possible 961

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/player-defensive-snap-count-stats/2015/?query=Sean+smith

DaneMcCloud
12-22-2015, 09:45 PM
My votes went to DJ and Maclin.

Maclin has completely changed this offense and without DJ playing at such a high level, Hali, Ford, Houston, Mauga and the secondary would be less effective.

Tribal Warfare
12-22-2015, 09:46 PM
Colquitt he's both.

ThaVirus
12-22-2015, 09:55 PM
2,000 snaps?

According to this website, he's played 710 out of a possible 961

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/player-defensive-snap-count-stats/2015/?query=Sean+smith

He's been here since 2013.

TLO
12-22-2015, 09:55 PM
Your mom

ThaVirus
12-22-2015, 09:56 PM
We've won games without Charles, Maclin, West, and Ware while also winning in spite of Kelce being a dumbass and Fisher being a pussy.

Alex Smith is easily our offensive MVP this season.

DaneMcCloud
12-22-2015, 10:00 PM
He's been here since 2013.

The discussion is about 2015, not 2013 or 2014

ThaVirus
12-22-2015, 10:01 PM
The discussion is about 2015, not 2013 or 2014

The conversation evolved as discussions tend to do.

Did you even bother to read the post I quoted?

DaneMcCloud
12-22-2015, 10:02 PM
The conversation evolved as discussions tend to do.

Did you even bother to read the post I quoted?

I don't give a fuck.

The topic is about the MVP of the 2015 season.

Eleazar
12-22-2015, 10:12 PM
If Reid is no longer calling plays, whomever wrestled it away from him is MVP

ThaVirus
12-22-2015, 10:13 PM
I don't give a fuck.

The topic is about the MVP of the 2015 season.

You are so fucking stupid.

stevieray
12-22-2015, 10:16 PM
You are so ****ing stupid.
says the guy who recently jumped on the bandwagon.

ThaVirus
12-22-2015, 10:17 PM
says the guy who recently jumped on the bandwagon.

Been a Chiefs fan for most of my life, brochacho.

stevieray
12-22-2015, 10:19 PM
Been a Chiefs fan for most of my life, brochacho.
uh huh.

Your support this season has been stellar.

LMAO

DaneMcCloud
12-22-2015, 10:22 PM
You are so fucking stupid.

Uh, no.

You and KCRockaholic engaged in an unrelated discussion that no one else commented on or engaged in.

Try to keep up.

beach tribe
12-22-2015, 10:25 PM
Maclin & DJ.

JMHO

Eleazar
12-22-2015, 10:27 PM
There's no calculus by which you could pass Peters over in favor of Smith, so I don't know why it's even a topic of discussion

ThaVirus
12-22-2015, 10:28 PM
Uh, no.

You and KCRockaholic engaged in an unrelated discussion that no one else commented on or engaged in.

Try to keep up.

Uh, YOU commented on it and are engaging me now.

Just stop, dude. Realize how ridiculous you look right now.

beach tribe
12-22-2015, 10:28 PM
We've won games without Charles, Maclin, West, and Ware while also winning in spite of Kelce being a dumbass and Fisher being a pussy.

Alex Smith is easily our offensive MVP this season.

I don't see how a case couldn't be made for him, but I'd go Maclin.

Smith threw 0 TDs to WRs before J mac showed up.

Eleazar
12-22-2015, 10:32 PM
Smith has a pretty good case, but this feels almost like a team with no offensive MVP. There have been several guys make an impact, but nobody is clearly the focal point, nobody was clearly the reason why the team turned a corner at midseason.

It seems like the main factors in the team doing a complete 180 was the end of the offensive line shuffling, and the improvement of the play calling. You can't really point to anything else as to why the team was one of the worst in the league and then one of the hottest just a few weeks later.

beach tribe
12-22-2015, 10:34 PM
Smith has a pretty good case, but this feels almost like a team with no offensive MVP. There have been several guys make an impact, but nobody is clearly the focal point, nobody was clearly the reason why the team turned a corner at midseason.

It seems like the main factors in the team doing a complete 180 was the end of the offensive line shuffling, and the improvement of the play calling. You can't really point to anything else as to why the team was one of the worst in the league and then one of the hottest just a few weeks later.

Solid argument.

ThaVirus
12-22-2015, 10:34 PM
We've still been shuffling the line due to injuries, though, so even that can't be the cause of the turn-around.

Everyone has stepped their game up, including coaches, and we're playing weaker competition.

ThaVirus
12-22-2015, 10:36 PM
I don't see how a case couldn't be made for him, but I'd go Maclin.

Smith threw 0 TDs to WRs before J mac showed up.

I think that was just a shitstorm of weird and bad luck.

Smith threw TDs to WRs in 2013 and has thrown TDs to WRs not named Maclin this season as well.

I'd say Maclin is an integral part of this offense though. He's our best offensive player besides Jamaal Charles.

DaneMcCloud
12-22-2015, 10:37 PM
Uh, YOU commented on it and are engaging me now.

Just stop, dude. Realize how ridiculous you look right now.

What is wrong with you? You claimed than Sean Smith played 2,000 snaps, you fucking Mongoloid, then you tried to change the subject.

Keep telling us about the Chiefs while viewing every game and season on a pirated signal on a jailbroken iPhone 3 and we'll just continue to laugh at your stupid ass.

ThaVirus
12-22-2015, 10:38 PM
LMAO OOOOOOHHHHH MY GOD

Rain Man
12-22-2015, 10:45 PM

I went with Maclin on offense, and my reasoning may be flawed, but here it is. I think Maclin makes Smith better more than Smith makes Maclin better. I feel like Maclin has given Smith a comfortable target that has allowed him to throw with confidence.

But it's a nice feeling that the team is winning and no MVP is obvious. That's when you know you've got a good team.

stevieray
12-22-2015, 10:47 PM

Next man up.

RunKC
12-22-2015, 10:53 PM
This is crazy because it's one of the rarest things you will see in the NFL, but it's absolutely true. This teams MVP is Marcus Peters and it's not close.

Peters has more INT's than the 2014 Chiefs combined.that alone speaks volumes about how his playmaking ability compared to anyone else on the entire team.

He's also done something more critical than any player the Chiefs have had since DT. He's changed the culture and made this team what they've become.
Last year we were a good tough team that had a tough mentality. Peters has given this team swagger that they haven't had in years and everyone has fed off of it.

The Chiefs haven't had swagger like the Seahawks, Ravens or Steelers. They somewhat did from Travis Kelce last year, but this year Peters has transformed this locker room into an "alpha male" mentality.

stevieray
12-22-2015, 10:56 PM
This is crazy because it's one of the rarest things you will see in the NFL, but it's absolutely true. This teams MVP is Marcus Peters and it's not close.

Peters has more INT's than the 2014 Chiefs combined.that alone speaks volumes about how his playmaking ability compared to anyone else on the entire team.

He's also done something more critical than any player the Chiefs have had since DT. He's changed the culture and made this team what they've become.
Last year we were a good tough team that had a tough mentality. Peters has given this team swagger that they haven't had in years and everyone has fed off of it.

The Chiefs haven't had swagger like the Seahawks, Ravens or Steelers. They somewhat did from Travis Kelce last year, but this year Peters has transformed this locker room into an "alpha male" mentality.
eh pretty sure Houston had/has that covered already..kid admitted his teammates helped get his head on when he lost his cool..that said, he definitely brings a fire.

this team is a family, and it shows.

ThaVirus
12-22-2015, 10:57 PM

Peters has probably given up more TDs than INTs he's made.

He's not our MVP.

Sorter
12-22-2015, 10:59 PM
The lack of a Jeff Allen option is consistent with a Direckshun pole.

:)

RunKC
12-22-2015, 11:16 PM
Peters has probably given up more TDs than INTs he's made.

He's not our MVP.

So what? That's the nature of the position.

Josh Norman is being touted as arguably the best CB this season and he just got his ass kicked Sunday. He's damn lucky that OBJ dropped the perfect ball that hit both his hands or that would have been 2 TD's on him.

Chris Harris Jr. is also regarded as one of the best CB's in the league and he got his ass beat red on Sunday too.

CB's are going to get beat. That's the NFL we live in today.

Saccopoo
12-22-2015, 11:21 PM
Smith and Hali

Both have radically changed their personalities and are very vocal presences on and off the field during this win streak.

As well, both are playing the best football of their respective careers. Hali has been on an absolute tear since Houston went down and Smith has been as close to perfect as you could possibly hope for in Reid's offensive system.

Saccopoo
12-22-2015, 11:22 PM
The lack of a Jeff Allen option is consistent with a Direckshun pole.

:)

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/mlp/images/7/73/This.gif/revision/latest?cb=20130927193338

DaneMcCloud
12-22-2015, 11:28 PM

Why even quote this dipshit? He thinks the discussion is about 2013.

He's a worthless, bandwagon Fucktard that doesn't even watch the games on a TV.

ThaVirus
12-22-2015, 11:29 PM

Josh Norman is being touted as arguably the best CB this season and he just got his ass kicked Sunday. He's damn lucky that OBJ dropped the perfect ball that hit both his hands or that would have been 2 TD's on him.

Chris Harris Jr. is also regarded as one of the best CB's in the league and he got his ass beat red on Sunday too.

CB's are going to get beat. That's the NFL we live in today.

I know. I think it just becomes a question of how much is too much?

He leads the league in passes defensed and is second in INTs, but he's also at or near the top in TDs and yards allowed, no?

I'm not even convinced that he's more valuable than Sean Smith.

ThaVirus
12-22-2015, 11:31 PM
That's actually a good question.

You have to win one game and can clone either Marcus Peters or Sean Smith to start at LCB and RCB. Assume you're running our current scheme with all other personnel remaining the same.

So either your starting CBs are Sean Smith and Sean Smith or Marcus Peters and Marcus Peters. Who would you clone?

Rain Man
12-23-2015, 01:09 AM
That's actually a good question.

You have to win one game and can clone either Marcus Peters or Sean Smith to start at LCB and RCB. Assume you're running our current scheme with all other personnel remaining the same.

So either your starting CBs are Sean Smith and Sean Smith or Marcus Peters and Marcus Peters. Who would you clone?

For one game? Sean Smith, meaning no offense to Marcus. Either way, you're in good hands.

ThaVirus
12-23-2015, 01:49 AM
For one game? Sean Smith, meaning no offense to Marcus. Either way, you're in good hands.

I tend to agree.

Sorter
12-23-2015, 02:54 AM
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/mlp/images/7/73/This.gif/revision/latest?cb=20130927193338

http://31.media.tumblr.com/85beafd711fe11f62829f91fe234afc1/tumblr_inline_mqcavcnU9U1qz4rgp.gif

oldman
12-23-2015, 06:57 AM
I went with Smith over Maclin only because he's been consistent all season. However, you can't deny that having Maclin has improved our passing game. Defense was a tough one for me. All 4 guys are having stellar years, but I have to go with DJ. The guy is everywhere.

Rausch
12-23-2015, 10:13 AM
Smith and Hali

Both have radically changed their personalities and are very vocal presences on and off the field during this win streak.

As well, both are playing the best football of their respective careers. Hali has been on an absolute tear since Houston went down and Smith has been as close to perfect as you could possibly hope for in Reid's offensive system.

What's been impressive to me about Smith's play isn't that it's great, because it's not, but that it hasn't really declined. With players constantly injured and shuffled around on the O line he hasn't that to bring his play down.

And lets be honest here: the line as a whole hasn't been playing well. At all. Smith has just managed to play mistake free despite it...

Mr. Laz
12-23-2015, 11:09 AM
The key changes from last year to this year ...

Offense: Bowe --> Maclin
Defense: Cooper/Parker ---> Peters

Maclin and Peters

Honorary mentions to Eric Fisher,Derrick Johnson and Charcandrick West

Halfcan
12-23-2015, 11:30 AM
Maclin-because he was able to do what no receiver could do last year. Catch a TD.

DJ- week after week-the most consistent force on Defense.

mcaj22
12-23-2015, 11:31 AM
DJ still the best

Mav
12-23-2015, 11:53 AM
I can't believe it, but I did just vote Alex Smith. He's the correct choice (Maclin is close). And WTF with Eric Fisher? He hasn't played THAT good. Just because a guy is playing better than his previous level of: dogshit. Doesn't mean he's playing well.

He's playing very well. He continuously is having rotating guards playing next to him. That's tough to do.

milkman
12-23-2015, 09:32 PM
Uh, no.

Try to keep up.

You are being especially dickish in this thread.

milkman
12-23-2015, 09:34 PM
Alex Smith wins for both sides of the ball.

Offense, because he's not turning it over and giving this team a chance.

Defense, because he's not turning the ball over, allowing the defense to defend long fields.

/Alex Smith fanboys.

milkman
12-23-2015, 09:35 PM
Seriously, though, I'm going Maclin and Peters.

Mav
12-24-2015, 01:50 AM
Alex Smith wins for both sides of the ball.

Offense, because he's not turning it over and giving this team a chance.

Defense, because he's not turning the ball over, allowing the defense to defend long fields.

/Alex Smith fanboys.

Never said that sir....

-King-
12-24-2015, 05:07 AM
Smith on offense and DJ on defense. Both are the center points of their units and both have played well this season especially during this winning streak. DJ is one of the biggest erasers in the league. The way he shoots through gaps and stops plays before they can even start is just amazing.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
12-24-2015, 05:08 AM
You are being especially dickish in this thread.

Yeah it's kind of embarrassing tbh. Virus quoted a post and made a valid point relating to that post. That should have been the end of it...
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
12-24-2015, 05:11 AM
The key changes from last year to this year ...

Offense: Bowe --> Maclin
Defense: Cooper/Parker ---> Peters

Maclin and Peters

Honorary mentions to Eric Fisher,Derrick Johnson and Charcandrick West

What does a player replacing another player have to do with being mvp? DJ replaced Joe Mays and JMJ from last year. Why isn't he MVP?
Posted via Mobile Device

ThaVirus
12-24-2015, 08:11 AM
Seriously, though, I'm going Maclin and Peters.

Yeah it's kind of embarrassing tbh. Virus quoted a post and made a valid point relating to that post. That should have been the end of it...
Posted via Mobile Device

Thank you!

Sometimes I feel like I'm the one who's crazy.