PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Peyton Manning in report on HGH after 2011 surgery

Pages : [1] 2

MotherfuckerJones
12-26-2015, 08:41 PM
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/peyton-manning-human-growth-hormone_567f16e4e4b0b958f6599440

teedubya
12-26-2015, 08:42 PM
Ban him from the Hall of Fame!

mwhahahahah

eDave
12-26-2015, 08:48 PM
Not sure how he thought using his wife wouldn't connect him. Seems really dumb.

Al Jazeera?

GloucesterChief
12-26-2015, 08:50 PM

Al Jazeera?

Al Jazeera America actually does a lot of good reporting. Things that American news organizations won't touch in fear of pissing off their sponsors.

tk13
12-26-2015, 08:52 PM

Al Jazeera?

Al Jazeera probably does more real journalism than CNN, Fox and MSNBC combined. Of course that's a low bar, but still. They do plenty of legit investigations. Even if they had a different name most people wouldn't care, they want their "news" to be people yelling at each other about Trump or Hillary Clinton.

eDave
12-26-2015, 08:57 PM
Wasn't Clemens having junk sent to his wife too? Plausible deniability I guess.

BucEyedPea
12-26-2015, 09:02 PM
I get a kick out of this line:

...human growth hormone, a performance-enhancing drug banned by the NFL

They call a hormone a drug? It's something in our bodies that we lose was we age. It can accelerate post-injury healing for an athlete, especially an older one past thirty, but it's banned by the NFL. That makes no sense. I have felt this substance should not be banned by the NFL.

Kidd Lex
12-26-2015, 09:02 PM
Who can blame these athletes when you consider the money at stake - would you do it for a million dollars? How about $70 million plus endorsements. So much money at stake - the game will never be 100% clean.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-26-2015, 09:04 PM
Not surprised by the Manning news. Dude was a gigantic manwhore in Indy. His business, but his wife & him have an alleged open relationship. The media loves him so nothing ever surfaced.

No surprise aging athletes do this. Hell, nobody talks about this but the real reason Ray Lewis retired is because he was about to get suspended the entire season the next year for that deer antler spray. The media rules all. They'll make you or break you.

RollChiefsRoll
12-26-2015, 09:05 PM
H-G-H you taste so gooood.

KChiefs1
12-26-2015, 09:05 PM
Side note: Kirk Cousins is an idiot.

DaneMcCloud
12-26-2015, 09:06 PM
They call a hormone a drug? It's something in our bodies that we lose was we age. It can accelerate post-injury healing for an athlete, especially an older one past thirty, but it's banned by the NFL. That makes no sense. I have felt this substance should not be banned by the NFL.

Yep.

The NFL seems intent on ruining its product.

mdchiefsfan
12-26-2015, 09:07 PM

This. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that.

NewChief
12-26-2015, 09:08 PM
Holy shit. That was pathetic. He did a great job of marching them into field goal range. Then coach got greedy and went over the middle to try to get into endzone. They got a lucky bailout with the delay of game on Iggles. Coaches should have settled for 3 then because things were getting weird. They got what they deserved.

NewChief
12-26-2015, 09:09 PM
I texted Trent a Rofl after that shit. Wow.

BigCatDaddy
12-26-2015, 09:10 PM

You feel the same about Testosterone as well then?

tk13
12-26-2015, 09:10 PM
I texted Trent a Rofl after that shit. Wow.

I'm guessing he didn't even know what to say there. I bet he's never seen that one before.

Bwana
12-26-2015, 09:14 PM

That was unreal, what a dumbass.

BucEyedPea
12-26-2015, 09:15 PM
You feel the same about Testosterone as well then?

If an aging man wants to avoid developing breasts and other problems sure. I think that takes more advanced age, than that of an athlete, before that causes problems. But aiding in the healing after an injury, particularly for an older athlete, should be allowed.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-26-2015, 09:17 PM
That was unreal, what a dumbass.

What did he do? I missed it

Basileus777
12-26-2015, 09:19 PM

A drug is "a chemical substance used in the treatment, cure, prevention, or diagnosis of disease or used to otherwise enhance physical or mental well-being." Of course it's a drug.

Toby Waller
12-26-2015, 09:22 PM
what ever?

nothing is going to happen to him.
all players use good and bad drugs of all kinds. I dont care,you dont care.
theres a major rumor going 'round that he'll back up his brother in NY next year

BigCatDaddy
12-26-2015, 09:24 PM
If an aging man wants to avoid developing breasts and other problems sure. I think that takes more advanced age, than that of an athlete, before that causes problems. But aiding in the healing after an injury, particularly for an older athlete, should be allowed.

No actually you can have low T south of 30.

It is just a slippery slope and Test is that dreaded S word.

BucEyedPea
12-26-2015, 09:27 PM
No actually you can have low T south of 30.

It is just a slippery slope and Test is that dreaded S word.

I am only recommending it for aiding in healing after an injury for an athlete though. I don't see how this fits being that it's just someone's personal composition in your case.

I don't know how common low T is for a man under thirty.

Bwana
12-26-2015, 09:27 PM
What did he do? I missed it

Cousins had the ball on the 6 with no timeouts and rather than spiking it and kicking the sure field goal he had a brain fart and did a kneel down and the clock ran out. Never go full Cousins.

tmax63
12-26-2015, 10:16 PM
The size of five-head's melon indicates there might be some legs to that story. Him and Bonds from baseball both wear size 12 hats I'd bet.

Squalor2
12-26-2015, 10:28 PM
Holy shit. That was pathetic. He did a great job of marching them into field goal range. Then coach got greedy and went over the middle to try to get into endzone. They got a lucky bailout with the delay of game on Iggles. Coaches should have settled for 3 then because things were getting weird. They got what they deserved.

cousins do suck.

cdcox
12-26-2015, 10:49 PM

A drug is a substance that produces a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced to the body. Other hormones, such as estrogen and testosterone are considered to be drugs.

No conspiracy to be found here.

mdchiefsfan
12-26-2015, 10:53 PM

Already, the Brady ball-washer sets up their defense for the inevitable. LMAO

cdcox
12-26-2015, 11:00 PM
Becoming a cheater was a precondition before the Broncos would consider signing him.

BucEyedPea
12-26-2015, 11:01 PM
A drug is a substance that produces a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced to the body. Other hormones, such as estrogen and testosterone are considered to be drugs.
So what. Doesn't matter in this context since athletes get drugs for pain after surgery and drugs during surgery and those are naturally allowed. Also, some drugs come from natural sources. But so what?

This is still naturally found in the body, we still lose it as we age and it still aids post-surgery healing. Naturally, I still think that should be allowed of athletes who need heal up to get back to their jobs. That's my opinion on this being banned by the NFL.

No conspiracy to be found here.
No conspiracy was implied. In fact, this thread is saying Manning conspired with his wife to do something illegal regarding the NFL. Since you have that on your brain, I think you should be saying that to the article in the original post.

Mostly, I think you need to look up the word.

BucEyedPea
12-26-2015, 11:03 PM

That would be for what?

I've been opposed to this ban for a long time. I have no information on Brady using it. I thought he was using that guy others consider a fraud and a quack for being into alternative health.

O.city
12-26-2015, 11:03 PM
Hormones are naturally occurring drugs. Semantics, this isn't difficult.

DaneMcCloud
12-26-2015, 11:46 PM
Al-Jezeera? WTF.

Hoopsdoc
12-26-2015, 11:54 PM

No way Brady's not doing this too, IMO.

BucEyedPea
12-26-2015, 11:56 PM
No way Brady's not doing this too, IMO.

Do you know anything about Brady's Eastern health methods?

Manning is denying this report. So I'll wait to see how this goes before convicting him in the press.

Don Corlemahomes
12-27-2015, 12:41 AM
Have you seen the guy's enormous forehead? I rest my case.

Potato
12-27-2015, 12:43 AM
BS story fabricated from a east coast tom brady knob slobber, he's still the GOAT.. make me redER!1

Potato
12-27-2015, 12:45 AM
Al-Jezeera? WTF.

my first thought too, what does a mudslime news outlet have to do with the NFL, hackity hack

Toby Waller
12-27-2015, 12:48 AM
you do realize this will be this off-season's topic for 6 months,dont you?

hometeam
12-27-2015, 01:37 AM
Bet its true~

beach tribe
12-27-2015, 03:59 AM

Ugh..so is testosterone...

TLO
12-27-2015, 04:21 AM
you do realize this will be this off-season's topic for 6 months,dont you?

Buckle up!

TLO
12-27-2015, 04:37 AM
I'd expect the Packers are going to be getting a lot of HGH questions later today too.

Toby Waller
12-27-2015, 04:51 AM
just like deflate-gate,nothing is going to happen to Manning.

kstater
12-27-2015, 06:45 AM
This news source has a Muslim sounding name. Hard to trust it

saphojunkie
12-27-2015, 08:18 AM
No Royals mentioned.

Just want to make that clear.

MatriculatingHank
12-27-2015, 08:36 AM
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm194/DeadTwista/CXM6QgoWQAAKh4o_zps2wa35tx2.jpg

CoMoChief
12-27-2015, 08:46 AM
This. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that.

We had Matt Cassel. We saw that kind of shit for roughly 4 yrs.

CoMoChief
12-27-2015, 08:46 AM
No Royals mentioned.

Just want to make that clear.

any Chiefs?

BlackHelicopters
12-27-2015, 08:56 AM
When is this on? Dish channel?

FloridaMan88
12-27-2015, 09:13 AM
Al Jazeera's primary source in the report is already denying it.

Sounds like the terrorist media organization is trying a lame hit job on America's most popular sport.

Rausch
12-27-2015, 09:21 AM

Sounds like the terrorist media organization is trying a lame hit job on America's most popular sport.

Well, I mean, if the terrorists want to target Manning...

nychief
12-27-2015, 09:23 AM

Al Jazeera is an incredible news organization. The denial is pretty laughable.... "I was testing the undercover reporter?"

FloridaMan88
12-27-2015, 09:34 AM
Al Jazeera is an incredible news organization. The denial is pretty laughable.... "I was testing the undercover reporter?"

Oh really?

If Al Jazeera is an "incredible news organization", why are they using a con artist/non journalist named Liam Collins to do the investigative work for the Manning/HGH story?

Liam Collins, whose claim to fame is being a semi-finalist on Britain's Got Talent show in 2009… and oh by the way… also swindled investors out of about $1.2 million in a real estate scheme.

Link to full story: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/celebritymoney/article-2409740/Britains-Got-Talent-star-Liam-Collins-handed-bankruptcy-ban-duping-investors-property-scam.html

notorious
12-27-2015, 09:39 AM
The media is going to beat this into the ground, now. Fuck.

Rausch
12-27-2015, 09:40 AM
Oh really?

If Al Jazeera is an "incredible news organization..."

Well, no.

But to be fair name one...

nychief
12-27-2015, 09:44 AM
Oh really?

If Al Jazeera is an "incredible news organization", why are they using a con artist/non journalist named Liam Collins to do the investigative work for the Manning/HGH story?

Liam Collins, whose claim to fame is being a semi-finalist on Britain's Got Talent show in 2009… and oh by the way… also swindled investors out of about $1.2 million in a real estate scheme.

Link to full story: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/celebritymoney/article-2409740/Britains-Got-Talent-star-Liam-Collins-handed-bankruptcy-ban-duping-investors-property-scam.html

I know it's got a funny name and maybe reports news and POVs you don't care for... But it is a respected news organization. Dismissing Liam Collins is like dismissing Jose Canseco...

vailpass
12-27-2015, 09:52 AM
heh heh heh...

FloridaMan88
12-27-2015, 09:53 AM
I know it's got a funny name and maybe reports news and POVs you don't care for... But it is a respected news organization. Dismissing Liam Collins is like dismissing Jose Canseco...

Well the primary source for the story, Charlie Sly is denying it and now says he wasn't working at the The Guyer Clinic in 2011 where the HGH was allegedly shipped from.

And Liam Collins is a known con artist with zero connections to the NFL world, or American sports (he is a failed British hurdler, which is his only connection to any type of sports). At least Jose Canseco, even though he was a shady character, was directly involved and a part of the underworld of MLB… Liam Collins has no access or no connections.

NewChief
12-27-2015, 10:07 AM
ROFL at the people dismissing Al Jazeera as a "terrorist" news organization.

Not saying that this story has legs, but it's ridiculous to act like it's not credible because it's on Al Jazeera.

NewChief
12-27-2015, 10:08 AM
Well the primary source for the story, Charlie Sly is denying it and now says he wasn't working at the The Guyer Clinic in 2011 where the HGH was allegedly shipped from.

And Liam Collins is a known con artist with zero connections to the NFL world, or American sports (he is a failed British hurdler, which is his only connection to any type of sports). At least Jose Canseco, even though he was a shady character, was directly involved and a part of the underworld of MLB… Liam Collins has no access or no connections.

There's supposedly hidden cameras. And SHOCKING that Sly would deny it. I mean, he's basically breaking, on hidden camera evidently, every patient confidentiality rule in the books. His career will be over if this has legs.

nychief
12-27-2015, 10:08 AM

Its not about having connections to American sports, it's about infiltrating world doping rings.... He posed as a failed athlete trying to make one last bid for the olympics to the drug dealers. The sly denial is laughable, as I said. How about this lets watch the report and pick this up after.

vailpass
12-27-2015, 10:12 AM
HGH is used by lots of people who want to feel better. It shouldn't be on the banned substance list imho.

notorious
12-27-2015, 10:15 AM
HGH is used by lots of people who want to feel better. It shouldn't be on the banned substance list imho.

It should be in every grocery and convenience store across America.

BigCatDaddy
12-27-2015, 10:15 AM
With all the various names dropped, some being pretty ordinary nanes I would say there is some smoke. We will find out for sure soon I would guess.

BigCatDaddy
12-27-2015, 10:17 AM

Its still a PED. Not exactly Tren but it helps. A lot of BBers run it year round for its fat loss benefits.

vailpass
12-27-2015, 10:19 AM
Its still a PED. Not exactly Tren but it helps.

It's naturally occurring, seems like anyone that wants to should be able to have it. Half the old bucks around here (and some not so old) have scrips for it...

BigCatDaddy
12-27-2015, 10:21 AM
It's naturally occurring, seems like anyone that wants to should be able to have it. Half the old bucks around here (and some not so old) have scrips for it...

So is Testosterone though as we have mentioned. Although its much more anabolic than HGH.

NewChief
12-27-2015, 10:22 AM

I don't disagree with this at all. I haven't seen a whole lot of information on actual NEGATIVE effects from HGH. People who know anything are aware that it's being treated like the fountain of youth by the affluent. It's how a lot of Hollywood Actors look about 20 years younger than they actually are.

BigCatDaddy
12-27-2015, 10:27 AM
I don't disagree with this at all. I haven't seen a whole lot of information on actual NEGATIVE effects from HGH. People who know anything are aware that it's being treated like the fountain of youth by the affluent. It's how a lot of Hollywood Actors look about 20 years younger than they actually are.

No, that is called plastic surgery :D

There are worse things to take. The biggest hangups are cost and the need for daily injections.

Mr. Laz
12-27-2015, 10:28 AM
Mort just said the guy admitted that the list of famous athletes using HGH was a lie to try and get more business.

They didn't include "this is a lie" in the initial story because they are looking for ratings

vailpass
12-27-2015, 10:30 AM

Agreed. I'm certainly no expert but from what I've seen if your doctor regulates it for you it has a lot of upside with not much downside in comparison.

Since the effects are mainly rejuvenation it would seem a natural for athletes to be able to benefit from it.
When it comes my time I'm not ashamed to say I'll closely examine it as an option...

vailpass
12-27-2015, 10:31 AM
No, that is called plastic surgery :D

There are worse things to take. The biggest hangups are cost and the need for daily injections.

Hell no. That's yesterday...

KChiefs1
12-27-2015, 10:41 AM
Did Canseco shoot him up?

vailpass
12-27-2015, 10:49 AM
Mort just said the guy admitted that the list of famous athletes using HGH was a lie to try and get more business.

They didn't include "this is a lie" in the initial story because they are looking for ratings

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14441114/documentary-links-peyton-manning-other-pro-athletes-use-peds

Algae Zero may need to establish an attorney-laden caliphate...

BigCatDaddy
12-27-2015, 10:53 AM
Recant sounds like bullshit to me.

Sure-Oz
12-27-2015, 11:11 AM
Peyton sounds pissed off on his interview with Lisa Salters

Al Bundy
12-27-2015, 11:12 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CXP3B5kW8AAlLAY.png

BigCatDaddy
12-27-2015, 11:16 AM
Peyton sounds pissed off on his interview with Lisa Salters

Reminds me of A-Rod when he got busted.

FloridaMan88
12-27-2015, 11:18 AM
People who hate Manning and want to believe this story are going to be disappointed when it is blown up as a fraud.

I am not a fan of Manning, but if you are really going to believe a terrorist news organization that has hired a non-journalist/confirmed con-artist to do this "investigation" (hit-job) on Manning and other American athletes, then you should go buy some ocean front property in Kansas.

thabear04
12-27-2015, 11:20 AM
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xft1/t51.2885-15/s640x640/sh0.08/e35/12354032_1128357943854466_1049216587_n.jpg

Alex Smith 4Ever
12-27-2015, 11:23 AM

You are straight up being racist right now. Stop judging them for having a foreign sounding name and try paying attention to the actual report.

BigCatDaddy
12-27-2015, 11:25 AM
People who hate Manning and want to believe this story are going to be disappointed when it is blown up as a fraud.

I am not a fan of Manning, but if you are really going to believe a terrorist news organization that has hired a non-journalist/confirmed con-artist to do this "investigation" (hit-job) on Manning and other American athletes, then you should go buy some ocean front property in Kansas.

But you buy this? LMAO

Sly said he was "testing" Al Jazeera's undercover reporter by dropping "names like Peyton Manning, Derek Jeter, Ryan Howard and James Harrison."

So he waa just testing the guy for what? To see if he is a reporter or DEA agent? LMAO

If someone geta busted or a story breaks my hunch was right!

RINGLEADER
12-27-2015, 11:26 AM
This sounds like it is a Dan Rather level of getting it wrong.

BucEyedPea
12-27-2015, 11:27 AM
You are straight up being racist right now. Stop judging them for having a foreign sounding name and try paying attention to the actual report.
Middle Eastern isn't a race. They're whites—caucasians.

BucEyedPea
12-27-2015, 11:31 AM
Its still a PED. Not exactly Tren but it helps. A lot of BBers run it year round for its fat loss benefits.

It can be used that way, such as not being used to heal after an injury. But for speeding up healing post-surgery I think it's being used medicinally. The latter should be okay. JMO.

vailpass
12-27-2015, 11:33 AM

1. Don't use words you don't understand
2. Shut the **** up with your politics in this thread. Go to DC if you have to spew your ignorant shit.

FloridaMan88
12-27-2015, 11:34 AM

Okay, fair enough.

The actual report was done be Liam Collins.

These are the facts about this individual who Al Jazeera has paid to be a "reporter" for them and to do this report:

http://heavy.com/sports/2015/12/liam-collins-charlie-sly-al-jazeera-peyton-manning-hgh-drug-ring-undercover-steroids-nfl-mlb/

1. Collins Is Bankrupt & At One Point Owed Creditors Over Six Million Dollars
This occured back in 2013, after Collins was unsuccessful as an athlete and was struggling as an entertainer. In his other business venture, Collins swindled victims out of millions. The plan was to convince property owners a fantastic rate for flipping houses and renting them to students. Collins is banned from running a business until 2027, and reportedly owed creditors millions from similar failed business plans.

Two victims were so sure they were being scammed, they set up a website to connect additional victims. They heard from over 40 people, many of whom invested at least £50,000, or over $70,000. These businesses were with Collins’ cousin David Bone, and not with his Faces of Disco partner.

2. Collins Appeared on Britain’s Got Talent as Part of ‘Faces of Disco’

Collins briefly gained fame in 2009 while appearing on “Britain’s Got Talent.” Collins, along with friend Richard Edmonds, comprised the dancing duo known as Faces of Disco. The pair danced to corny disco hits, but while wearing various masks of celebrities and politicians.

The pair advanced all the way to the finals, and the fame gave the duo more opportunities to perform worldwide. The pair also appeared on Italy’s Got Talent in 2013. FOD was performing as recently as 2014, but it appears the group has been inactive. Edmonds’ twitter bio mentions FOD, but currently touts him as co-owner of an athletic underwear company.

Rausch
12-27-2015, 11:35 AM
Middle Eastern isn't a race. They're whites—caucasians.

Technically caucasoid - yes...

BucEyedPea
12-27-2015, 11:35 AM
Ugh..so is testosterone...

So.

tk13
12-27-2015, 11:39 AM
Reminds me of A-Rod when he got busted.

He also very carefully phrased it so that whatever his wife gets in the mail is "her business." The lawyer did the same thing.

I'm totally open minded about it, it's possible the whole thing is complete BS. But... they have carefully worded how they referenced the mailed packages. Makes me think if someone does some digging they might find some packages sent from the clinic to Ashley Manning. Maybe not, but it's very peculiar how they are phrasing those statements.

vailpass
12-27-2015, 11:41 AM
Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning has been listed in an Al Jazeera undercover probe as one of several prominent professional athletes who were supplied illegal performance-enhancing drugs from an Indiana-based anti-aging clinic.

Manning said his feelings about the allegations range from "angry, furious ... disgusted is really how I feel, sickened by it" in an interview with ESPN's Lisa Salters on Sunday morning.

The documentary, posted online early Sunday morning and set to air on TV later in the day, reports that Manning was given a supply of human growth hormone in 2011 while he was recovering from surgery that year from a man identified by Al Jazeera as a pharmacist employed at the Guyer Institute in Indianapolis. The report cites a man named Charlie Sly, who allegedly spoke to an undercover reporter working for the network.

"It stings me, whoever this guy is, to insinuate that I cut corners, I broke NFL rules in order to get healthy. It's a joke. It's a freaking joke," Manning said, reiterating that he did not use HGH.

Sly told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that he isn't a pharmacist and wasn't at the Guyer Institute in 2011, as Al Jazeera claimed. State licensing records indicate that a Charles David Sly was licensed as a pharmacy intern in Indiana from April 2010 to May 2013. His license expired May 1, 2013.

Sly also said he recanted his story to Al Jazeera when he realized that it had used information he had "made up" to British hurdler Liam Collins, the undercover reporter who Sly said was trying to get into the supplementation business.

"When I was there, I had never seen the Mannings ever. They were not even living there at that time," Sly said. "Someone who worked there said they had been there before. That was the extent of any knowledge I had. I feel badly. I never saw any files. This is just amazing that it reached this point."

Al Jazeera's report, titled "The Dark Side," contends that steroids and other drugs were shipped to the home address of Manning in 2011 in the name of his wife, Ashley, so that the quarterback's name was never attached to the shipments. Sly, now based in Austin, Texas, also said in the undercover video that Manning and his wife went to the clinic after its normal business hours for intravenous treatments.

"The allegation that I would do something like that is complete garbage and is totally made up," Manning told Mortensen on Saturday night. "It never happened. Never. I really can't believe somebody would put something like this on the air. Whoever said this is making stuff up."

Manning went on to say, "Yes, I have been a patient under Dr. Guyer. I have had nutrient therapy, oxygen therapy and other treatments that are holistic in nature but never HGH. My wife has never provided any medication for me to take. Ashley and I never attended the clinic together after hours. There were times when I went in the morning and there were times when I went after practice so this thing about 'after hours' is so misleading because it may have been 5:15 p.m. because their office closed at 5."

The Broncos defended Manning in a statement Sunday, saying, "Peyton does things the right way."

"Knowing Peyton Manning and everything he stands for, the Denver Broncos support him 100 percent," the team said. "These are false claims made to Al Jazeera, and we don't believe the report.

"Peyton is rightfully outraged by the allegations, which he emphatically denied to our organization and which have been publicly renounced by the source who initially provided them."

In the documentary, Sly also mentioned Philadelphia Phillies first baseman Ryan Howard, Washington Nationals infielder Ryan Zimmerman and boxer Mike Tyson as athletes who received HGH shipments from him while he worked at the Guyer Institute.

Sly said he was "testing" Al Jazeera's undercover reporter by dropping "names like Peyton Manning, Derek Jeter, Ryan Howard and James Harrison." He said none were clients. While Manning, Howard and Harrison were mentioned in Al Jazeera's HGH investigation, Jeter was not.

"When I realized Al Jazeera was using a secret taping and Collins as a so-called investigative reporter, I was baffled," Sly said. "I cannot believe that can happen. That's why I recanted the story. It wasn't true, and I was trying to pull one over on Collins to see if he had any idea of what he was talking about.

"I was trying to determine whether this guy [Collins] was legitimate or just trying to steal some knowledge about the business."

"The allegation that I would do something like that is complete garbage and is totally made up," Peyton Manning said of Al Jazeera's contention that he received HGH during his recovery from neck fusion surgeries in 2011. "It never happened." Dustin Bradford/Getty Images
Manning's agent echoed the quarterback's reaction in a statement issued Saturday night.

"The allegation reported by Al Jazeera naming Peyton is absolutely false and it recounts behavior and events that never occurred," Tom Condon said in the release. "The implications suggested by Al Jazeera are outrageous and baseless. Their source has already retracted his statements, as well as advised Al Jazeera those statements were meritless.

"Any further reporting of this matter is a retelling of falsehoods and fiction and complicity in the lack of journalistic ethics demonstrated by Al Jazeera."

The report links several other athletes to HGH and other drugs, including Green Bay Packers linebacker Mike Neal, who allegedly introduced teammates Julius Peppers and others to Sly, and mentions Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison, Peppers and Neal as athletes who received shipments of a new performance-enhancing drug called Delta-2 from him.

The report goes on to say that Sly furnished Clay Matthews with painkillers and that Howard, Zimmerman and Tyson received drugs from Sly.

Harrison, Zimmerman and Howard all denied the allegations to the network. Neal, Peppers and Tyson didn't respond to requests for comment, Al Jazeera said.

William Burck, the attorney for both Harrison and Zimmerman, called the report "inexcusable and irresponsible" and said Al Jazeera had broadcast "outright lies."

"The extraordinarily reckless claims made against our clients in this report are completely false and rely on a source who has already recanted his claims," Burck said. "We will go to court to hold Al Jazeera and other responsible parties accountable for smearing our clients' good names."

The NFL and players' union added HGH testing to the collective bargaining agreement signed in 2011, but the sides didn't agree to testing terms until 2014. Nobody has tested positive, which would trigger a four-game suspension.

Manning, who joined the Broncos in 2012, has been sidelined since Nov. 15 by a left foot injury. Brock Osweiler will make his sixth consecutive start in Manning's place Monday night when the Broncos (10-4) host the Cincinnati Bengals (11-3).

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14441114/documentary-links-peyton-manning-other-pro-athletes-use-peds

Rausch
12-27-2015, 11:42 AM
He seemed awfully pissed.

Why would this claim from a less than reputable source bother him so much?...

vailpass
12-27-2015, 11:44 AM
He seemed awfully pissed.

Why would this claim from a less than reputable source bother him so much?...

If the National Enquirer accused you of raping your sister would you laugh it off since it's completely beyond the pale?

MMXcalibur
12-27-2015, 11:46 AM
I know it's the popular thing to bust on Pey-Pey for this report, but I believe him.

R8RFAN
12-27-2015, 11:52 AM
I don't believe this shit

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪ HGH Makes my neck feel good ♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

KC_Connection
12-27-2015, 11:52 AM
He denied it just about as vehemently as Ryan Braun did.

Rausch
12-27-2015, 11:53 AM
If the National Enquirer accused you of raping your sister would you laugh it off since it's completely beyond the pale?

Yes.

That's the perfect example to illustrate my point...

notorious
12-27-2015, 11:54 AM
It makes sense for him to take HGH. He needs it badly.

wazu
I was ready to believe him until the "sent to his wife" part of the story.

JoeyChuckles
Are people in this thread confusing Al Jazeera with Al Qaeda?

Rausch
I was ready to believe him until the "sent to his wife" part of the story.

You ever see his wife?

Me neither...

BigCatDaddy
12-27-2015, 11:55 AM
Manning shit aside. He dropped such well known names as Dustin Keller and Mike Neal. There is something to it no doubt. Likely this story gets the digging started.

I would be interested to hear Mike Tysons comments. No reason for him to hide anything. He is a 50 year old guy taking a needed legal script.

BucEyedPea
12-27-2015, 11:56 AM
The NFL and players' union added HGH testing to the collective bargaining agreement signed in 2011, but the sides didn't agree to testing terms until 2014. Nobody has tested positive, which would trigger a four-game suspension.

Manning, who joined the Broncos in 2012, has been sidelined since Nov. 15 by a left foot injury. Brock Osweiler will make his sixth consecutive start in Manning's place Monday night when the Broncos (10-4) host the Cincinnati Bengals (11-3).

It can't be detected unless currently in a person's system which I believe has to be within 48 hours or something like that. Plus it isn't exactly clear when Manning may have taken it, before or after the ban.

Rausch
12-27-2015, 11:57 AM

Well, they are both funded by the same source...

NewChief
12-27-2015, 11:58 AM

ROFLROFL

I don't think some people here care about the distinction.

Rausch
12-27-2015, 11:59 AM
Manning shit aside. He dropped such well known names as Dustin Keller and Mike Neal. There is something to it no doubt. Likely this story gets the digging started.

Manning will be done after this year and it won't matter.

Hell, he probably won't play again. He knows all he has left at this point is his name and records and doesn't want that tarnished...

(And for the record, no, I don't believe it. I want to...I reeeeeEEEEEEEaaaaaly want to though.)

tk13
12-27-2015, 11:59 AM
Okay, fair enough.

The actual report was done be Liam Collins.

These are the facts about this individual who Al Jazeera has paid to be a "reporter" for them and to do this report:

http://heavy.com/sports/2015/12/liam-collins-charlie-sly-al-jazeera-peyton-manning-hgh-drug-ring-undercover-steroids-nfl-mlb/

1. Collins Is Bankrupt & At One Point Owed Creditors Over Six Million Dollars
This occured back in 2013, after Collins was unsuccessful as an athlete and was struggling as an entertainer. In his other business venture, Collins swindled victims out of millions. The plan was to convince property owners a fantastic rate for flipping houses and renting them to students. Collins is banned from running a business until 2027, and reportedly owed creditors millions from similar failed business plans.

Two victims were so sure they were being scammed, they set up a website to connect additional victims. They heard from over 40 people, many of whom invested at least £50,000, or over $70,000. These businesses were with Collins’ cousin David Bone, and not with his Faces of Disco partner.

2. Collins Appeared on Britain’s Got Talent as Part of ‘Faces of Disco’

Collins briefly gained fame in 2009 while appearing on “Britain’s Got Talent.” Collins, along with friend Richard Edmonds, comprised the dancing duo known as Faces of Disco. The pair danced to corny disco hits, but while wearing various masks of celebrities and politicians.

The pair advanced all the way to the finals, and the fame gave the duo more opportunities to perform worldwide. The pair also appeared on Italy’s Got Talent in 2013. FOD was performing as recently as 2014, but it appears the group has been inactive. Edmonds’ twitter bio mentions FOD, but currently touts him as co-owner of an athletic underwear company.

For the record, I do not believe Collins is the reporter here. He's the guy the actual reporter and producing team used to wire up with a hidden camera, because he's a former athlete and they could send him in to buy drugs from these people. They have him on hidden camera talking with all these people to get drugs. I don't believe he has any journalistic input on the story. But I haven't seen the whole thing yet.

Rausch
12-27-2015, 12:00 PM
For the record, I do not believe Collins is the reporter here. He's the guy the actual reporter and producing team used to wire up with a hidden camera, because he's a former athlete. They have him on hidden camera talking with all these people to get drugs. I don't believe he has any journalistic input on the story. But I haven't seen the whole thing yet.

More than likely.

He's just the face to front the story...

BigCatDaddy
12-27-2015, 12:01 PM

Al Jazeera, Al Qaeda, Al North....its all the same.

BigCatDaddy
12-27-2015, 12:02 PM
Manning will be done after this year and it won't matter.

Hell, he probably won't play again. He knows all he has left at this point is his name and records and doesn't want that tarnished...

(And for the record, no, I don't believe it. I want to...I reeeeeEEEEEEEaaaaaly want to though.)

He has always been about his numbers. An asterisk by his name would destroy his world.

tk13
12-27-2015, 12:04 PM
More than likely.

He's just the face to front the story...

They've put it up online. I've only watched the first 10 minutes so far. Collins is not the "journalist" at all thus far. He's just some guy they strapped a hidden camera on and sent him in to talk to these doctors.

Alex Smith 4Ever
12-27-2015, 12:05 PM
I think he's guilty. Still belongs in the Hall of Fame though, just like Barry Bonds

BigCatDaddy
12-27-2015, 12:06 PM
They've put it up online. I've only watched the first 10 minutes so far. Collins is not the "journalist" at all thus far. He's just some guy they strapped a hidden camera on and sent him in to talk to these doctors.

Obviously the camera was influenced by the guys past that was wearing it.

NewChief
12-27-2015, 12:08 PM
People in denial on this are like the Lance Armstrong apologists that for years claimed the people targeting him were just jealous of Anericab superiority in cycling.

KC_Connection
12-27-2015, 12:20 PM
People in denial on this are like the Lance Armstrong apologists that for years claimed the people targeting him were just jealous of Anericab superiority in cycling.
Peyton's also taken the wrong track here, especially if more comes out from this place. Should have admitted it like Andy Pettitte did but said he needed it to recover from his neck injury (which has the added benefit of being the truth). People would have forgiven him.

BigCatDaddy
12-27-2015, 12:31 PM
Peyton's also taken the wrong track here, especially if more comes out from this place. Should have admitted it like Andy Pettitte did but said he needed it to recover from his neck injury (which has the added benefit of being the truth). People would have forgiven him.

Im sure thats plan B but people you know the old saying about the cover up.

Quesadilla Joe
12-27-2015, 12:41 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Statement by Dr. Dale Guyer of The Guyer Institute: <a href="https://t.co/FQ85Z211cu">pic.twitter.com/FQ85Z211cu</a></p>&mdash; Nicki Jhabvala (@NickiJhabvala) <a href="https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/status/681182303725289473">December 27, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BigCatDaddy
12-27-2015, 12:44 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Statement by Dr. Dale Guyer of The Guyer Institute: <a href="https://t.co/FQ85Z211cu">pic.twitter.com/FQ85Z211cu</a></p>&mdash; Nicki Jhabvala (@NickiJhabvala) <a href="https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/status/681182303725289473">December 27, 2015</a></blockquote>

Sounds like his old lady was getting shipped the HGH.

NewChief
12-27-2015, 12:45 PM

That's exactly what the documentary claims.

BigCatDaddy
12-27-2015, 12:52 PM
That's exactly what the documentary claims.

Don't know many women that like to pin daily.

tk13
12-27-2015, 12:54 PM
For the record, here's the documentary. This guy could certainly be lying... but it's all on hidden camera. This Collins guy is not the reporter. He's just the guy with the hidden camera the reporter sends in. Could Sly be embellishing his stories? Absolutely. Do I suddenly believe him because he told ESPN that all the statements he made in front of the hidden camera were false? Ehhhhh.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wJRPxmTuxoI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FloridaMan88
12-27-2015, 01:37 PM

Not to turn this thread too DC, but Al Jazeera is owned by the ruling family of Qatar which has a history of supporting terrorist organizations, such as Al Qaeda.

Don Corlemahomes
12-27-2015, 01:39 PM
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--fwscbUl1--/o86a2zcabp3mcm4utfc7.png

Spott
12-27-2015, 01:48 PM
I hate Manning, but I could care less what some terrorists are reporting about him.

vailpass
12-27-2015, 02:58 PM
The falsely accused the wrong guy...

Peyton Manning has enlisted the services of former White House press secretary Ari Fleischer amid allegations that the Denver Broncos quarterback was sent human growth hormone (HGH) while recovering from a neck injury in 2011.

The accusation stems from an investigation into the sports doping industry by Al Jazeera.

In the report, British journalist Liam Collins secretly recorded Charlie Sly, a former intern at the Guyer Institute where Manning sought treatment for a herniated disc, who said Manning was given the performance-enhancing drug under his wife's name.

Fleisher told The Denver Post on Saturday the report is completely false.

“There’s no truth to it,” he said. “What they have is a well-known con man from England who secretly recorded a former intern.”

Manning has also vehemently denied the report, which he called “complete garbage.”

“For the record, I have never used HGH. It absolutely never happened,” Manning told ESPN’s Chris Mortenson. “The whole thing is totally wrong. It’s such a fabrication, I’m not losing any sleep over it, that’s for sure.”

Sly has since retracted his claim. He told Al Jazeera the quotes attributed to him are “absolutely false and incorrect.”

The former intern said he lied to Collins in order to test his legitimacy.

There is no evidence that Manning’s wife received HGH from the Guyer Institute beyond Sly’s now-recanted statement.

Manning said he was treated with Enhanced External Counter Pulsation (EEPC), a non-surgical procedure to increase blood flow, at the clinic. He also said he sat in a hyperbaric oxygen chamber and received nutrient IV therapies.

He said he was attended at the pharmacy by team doctors and coaches.

The five-time MVP is the all-time National Football League leader in passing yards and passing touchdowns.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/264287-manning-retains-ari-fleischer-amid-hgh-allegations

RINGLEADER
12-27-2015, 04:27 PM
If it is really defamation like he says then he'll sue Al Jazeera and get some of that sweet Arab oil money...

BigCatDaddy
12-27-2015, 04:32 PM
If it is really defamation like he says then he'll sue Al Jazeera and get some of that sweet Arab oil money...

So you think it's all BS and he pulled.Dustin Keller and Mike Neals names out his ass?

tmax63
12-27-2015, 04:43 PM
So, has anybody seen Manning's old lady? If it really was hers then she probably looks about 15 right???

Mennonite
12-27-2015, 04:51 PM
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--fwscbUl1--/o86a2zcabp3mcm4utfc7.png

Is this the photo of Manning that Al Jazeera ran with their story? Ha. They should have known it was fake - the forehead is too small.

Anyong Bluth
12-27-2015, 04:58 PM
Probably did, and given the state of his health and the impact it could have on him recovering and his body for the rest of his life, I don't know if I care that much about it really.

If Denver won a SB, then I think I would be a lot more pissed.

BigCatDaddy
12-27-2015, 05:11 PM
Probably did, and given the state of his health and the impact it could have on him recovering and his body for the rest of his life, I don't know if I care that much about it really.

If Denver won a SB, then I think I would be a lot more pissed.

Agreed. I think lying about it will hurt more than using it in recovery for his injury.

BucEyedPea
12-27-2015, 05:14 PM
Not to turn this thread too DC, but Al Jazeera is owned by the ruling family of Qatar which has a history of supporting terrorist organizations, such as Al Qaeda.

They're also funding ISIS in Syria too. But I believe they're a Gulf State ally of ours.

BucEyedPea
12-27-2015, 05:19 PM

Women who are very into maintaining their looks are into HGH. There was even a diet going around, where you got injections of it as I recall.

BigCatDaddy
12-27-2015, 05:26 PM
Women who are very into maintaining their looks are into HGH. There was even a diet going around, where you got injections of it as I recall.

They were using HGH drops and the company was sued and I believe. HGH is only effetive if injected.

And it really doesn't do shit for looks. The FOY bit is just marketing

R8RFAN
12-27-2015, 07:34 PM

Yea...
Al Qaeda wants to kill you
Al Jizeeria wants AlQaeda to kill you

Chiefshrink
12-27-2015, 08:48 PM
Muslims outing Peyton Manning. We do live in crazy times for sure:hmmm:

Chiefshrink
12-27-2015, 08:52 PM
So you think it's all BS and he pulled.Dustin Keller and Mike Neals names out his ass?

Precisely. Watching PM's body language in his denials say's he is guilty. There is one clip where it looks like he is almost ready to cry.

vailpass
12-27-2015, 08:54 PM
Precisely. Watching PM's body language in his denials say's he is guilty. There is one clip where it looks like he is almost ready to cry.

LMAO

This thread is priceless...

Eleazar
12-27-2015, 09:36 PM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/dec/27/peyton-manning-doping-claim-repudiated-al-jazeera-/

Al Jazeera under fire after source backs off Peyton Manning doping claim

DENVER | An Al Jazeera America investigation saying that Peyton Manning used illegal performance-enhancing drugs came under attack Sunday after the report’s source recanted his allegations.

Charlie Sly, the source behind the Manning allegation cited in the investigative report, “The Dark Side,” posted a video late Saturday saying that he had been videotaped without his knowledge or consent by Al Jazeera’s Liam Collins, a former British hurdler.

“The statements on any recordings or any communications that Al-Jazeera plans to air are absolutely false and incorrect,” Mr. Sly said on YouTube. “To be clear, I am recanting any such statements and there is no truth to any statement of mine that Al Jazeera plans to air. Under no circumstances should any of those statements recordings or communications be aired.”

NJChiefsFan
12-27-2015, 09:46 PM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/dec/27/peyton-manning-doping-claim-repudiated-al-jazeera-/

DENVER | An Al Jazeera America investigation saying that Peyton Manning used illegal performance-enhancing drugs came under attack Sunday after the report’s source recanted his allegations.

Charlie Sly, the source behind the Manning allegation cited in the investigative report, “The Dark Side,” posted a video late Saturday saying that he had been videotaped without his knowledge or consent by Al Jazeera’s Liam Collins, a former British hurdler.

“The statements on any recordings or any communications that Al-Jazeera plans to air are absolutely false and incorrect,” Mr. Sly said on YouTube. “To be clear, I am recanting any such statements and there is no truth to any statement of mine that Al Jazeera plans to air. Under no circumstances should any of those statements recordings or communications be aired.”

Archie Manning moved quicker this time than when SD wanted to draft Eli.

BigCatDaddy
12-27-2015, 09:57 PM

Put his ass in the stand in watch him recant his recant real quick with a perjury charge looming LMAO

Anyong Bluth
12-27-2015, 09:58 PM
You ever see his wife?

Me neither...
Yeah, she's extremely shy, down to earth kind of woman. Definitely not a jersey chasing type. She's not at all caught up in being married to celebrity or the limelight, wealth, etc.

Maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but she's definitely a good wife and not in it for all the publicity and bullshit.

Maybe I admire that more in these times where Real Housewives of whatever is actually a show AND popular for some inexplicable reason.

ClevelandBronco
12-27-2015, 09:59 PM
Forget his neck. Test his forehead.

tk13
12-27-2015, 10:04 PM

I don't understand why everyone suddenly believes the guy now that he changed his story. People are acting like he was complicit in making the documentary. He was caught on hidden camera saying these things in private, and now he's denying them, saying he was just "testing" the guy asking about drugs. Now we should just take him at his word without question?

Simply Red
12-27-2015, 10:05 PM
his ass is toast. Al Qaeda has exposed him, that's how mean he is as a human. This is much worse that what Ryan Leaf did. They need to stop selling Manning jerseys immediately - As in pull from the shelving tomorrow!!!!!!

-King-
12-27-2015, 10:07 PM
Has 4 neck surgeries....plays football one year later.

If that isn't suspicious as hell, I don't know what is.
Posted via Mobile Device

Simply Red
12-27-2015, 10:08 PM
basically Peyton Manning is a terrorist AMIRITE?!?!?!

Eleazar
12-27-2015, 10:19 PM
Put his ass in the stand in watch him recant his recant real quick with a perjury charge looming LMAO

Sounds like someone in al jazeera's fact-checking department needs to be put to the sword... pardon the pun.

BigCatDaddy
12-27-2015, 10:22 PM
Sounds like someone in al jazeera's fact-checking department needs to be put to the sword... pardon the pun.

Fact check what a guy says when secretly video taped? Fact check when he says guys like Mike Neal is supplying Peppers with Delta-2?
Do you think he made that up?
Or do you think he doesnt want to be the guy that unknowingly ratted out some very big named people along with a few obscure ones?

vailpass
12-27-2015, 10:46 PM
Has 4 neck surgeries....plays football one year later.

If that isn't suspicious as hell, I don't know what is.
Posted via Mobile Device

Only thing more improbable would be if he'd had some kind of cancer...

New World Order
12-27-2015, 10:47 PM
Only thing more improbable would be if he'd had some kind of cancer...

Or aids. Maybe both?

Halfcan
12-28-2015, 10:06 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/al-jazeera-ped-report-released-as-peyton-manning-considers-lawsuit-030943511.html

Story is blowing up!

I just can't imagine a Denver player cheating.

OnTheWarpath15
12-28-2015, 10:13 AM
Honestly, I'm out of fucks to give. This shit happens to varying degrees in every locker room in professional sports.

Yes, ours too.

stevieray
12-28-2015, 10:15 AM
HGH ..you taste so good.

BigCatDaddy
12-28-2015, 10:17 AM
Honestly, I'm out of ****s to give. This shit happens to varying degrees in every locker room in professional sports.

Yes, ours too.

Which is funny when people stick their heads in the sand. We all admit that the drugs are ahead of the screening test until it becomes real or we don't like the source.

Hoopsdoc
12-28-2015, 10:18 AM
Yeah, she's extremely shy, down to earth kind of woman. Definitely not a jersey chasing type. She's not at all caught up in being married to celebrity or the limelight, wealth, etc.

Maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but she's definitely a good wife and not in it for all the publicity and bullshit.

Maybe I admire that more in these times where Real Housewives of whatever is actually a show AND popular for some inexplicable reason.

She's actually pretty hot, IMO. Even after squatting out the babies.

BWillie
12-28-2015, 10:50 AM
I have no idea why ppl are even talking about this still. The journalist even admitted he made it up. MADE IT UP PPL! He was testing someone to see if he could trust them in the future, so he leaked misinformation to see if they would report it. Its silly we are even having this convo.

Eleazar
12-28-2015, 10:56 AM
Fact check what a guy says when secretly video taped? Fact check when he says guys like Mike Neal is supplying Peppers with Delta-2?
Do you think he made that up?
Or do you think he doesnt want to be the guy that unknowingly ratted out some very big named people along with a few obscure ones?

There is no reason to believe this story at all. Not one credible person is attesting or offering any credible evidence. The only people who seem to believe it are committed haters who probably just want it to be true.

BigCatDaddy
12-28-2015, 10:59 AM
I have no idea why ppl are even talking about this still. The journalist even admitted he made it up. MADE IT UP PPL! He was testing someone to see if he could trust them in the future, so he leaked misinformation to see if they would report it. Its silly we are even having this convo.

LMAO. You bought that?

Hey honey, I called your friend to see if she wanted to fuck but if she told you than I knew I couldn't trust her. Just testing her out.

BWillie
12-28-2015, 11:01 AM
LMAO. You bought that?
Absolutely. Why would you recant such a story if it was true? It would be the biggest scoop the guy has ever had.

Such a knee jerk society we live in. Anybody can say anything about someone and we just automatically assume its true, allow it to tarnish someones reputation before any evidence is even presented.

nychief
12-28-2015, 11:03 AM
Absolutely. Why would you recant such a story if it was true? It would be the biggest scoop the guy has ever had.

Such a knee jerk society we live in. Anybody can say anything about someone and we just automatically assume its true, allow it to tarnish someones reputation before any evidence is even presented.

Did you watch the doc? Sly wasnt the journalist, hayseed.

BigCatDaddy
12-28-2015, 11:03 AM
Did you watch the doc? Sly wasnt the journalist, hayseed.

Yeah. Obviously he didnt.

BigCatDaddy
12-28-2015, 11:05 AM

You dont know what you are talking about. It wasnt a reporter. It was the guy busted on a hidden camera trying to cover his ass now... not the reporter.

NewChief
12-28-2015, 11:06 AM

Knee jerk... isn't that when you make quick judgements without really understanding the situation/story?

BigRichard
12-28-2015, 11:10 AM
Since you guys keep talking about her here is a picture of her...
http://www.persources.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/bi1.jpg

Rain Man
12-28-2015, 11:13 AM
Did he ever have a meal with John Elway? I could believe that Elway would have spiked his food with HGH. Or maybe Elway had Von Miller do it. Did Manning ever have a meal with Von Miller?

tk13
12-28-2015, 11:42 AM

You are so far off the rails here. The guy who recanted was the drug dealer who was caught on hidden camera explaining how the doping ring works and name dropping athletes he'd worked with. Once this came out, he made a statement saying everything you see on the hidden camera is a lie.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lzen
12-28-2015, 11:43 AM
Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning has been listed in an Al Jazeera undercover probe as one of several prominent professional athletes who were supplied illegal performance-enhancing drugs from an Indiana-based anti-aging clinic.

Manning said his feelings about the allegations range from "angry, furious ... disgusted is really how I feel, sickened by it" in an interview with ESPN's Lisa Salters on Sunday morning.

The documentary, posted online early Sunday morning and set to air on TV later in the day, reports that Manning was given a supply of human growth hormone in 2011 while he was recovering from surgery that year from a man identified by Al Jazeera as a pharmacist employed at the Guyer Institute in Indianapolis. The report cites a man named Charlie Sly, who allegedly spoke to an undercover reporter working for the network.

"It stings me, whoever this guy is, to insinuate that I cut corners, I broke NFL rules in order to get healthy. It's a joke. It's a freaking joke," Manning said, reiterating that he did not use HGH.

Sly told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that he isn't a pharmacist and wasn't at the Guyer Institute in 2011, as Al Jazeera claimed. State licensing records indicate that a Charles David Sly was licensed as a pharmacy intern in Indiana from April 2010 to May 2013. His license expired May 1, 2013.

Sly also said he recanted his story to Al Jazeera when he realized that it had used information he had "made up" to British hurdler Liam Collins, the undercover reporter who Sly said was trying to get into the supplementation business.

"When I was there, I had never seen the Mannings ever. They were not even living there at that time," Sly said. "Someone who worked there said they had been there before. That was the extent of any knowledge I had. I feel badly. I never saw any files. This is just amazing that it reached this point."

Al Jazeera's report, titled "The Dark Side," contends that steroids and other drugs were shipped to the home address of Manning in 2011 in the name of his wife, Ashley, so that the quarterback's name was never attached to the shipments. Sly, now based in Austin, Texas, also said in the undercover video that Manning and his wife went to the clinic after its normal business hours for intravenous treatments.

"The allegation that I would do something like that is complete garbage and is totally made up," Manning told Mortensen on Saturday night. "It never happened. Never. I really can't believe somebody would put something like this on the air. Whoever said this is making stuff up."

Manning went on to say, "Yes, I have been a patient under Dr. Guyer. I have had nutrient therapy, oxygen therapy and other treatments that are holistic in nature but never HGH. My wife has never provided any medication for me to take. Ashley and I never attended the clinic together after hours. There were times when I went in the morning and there were times when I went after practice so this thing about 'after hours' is so misleading because it may have been 5:15 p.m. because their office closed at 5."

The Broncos defended Manning in a statement Sunday, saying, "Peyton does things the right way."

"Knowing Peyton Manning and everything he stands for, the Denver Broncos support him 100 percent," the team said. "These are false claims made to Al Jazeera, and we don't believe the report.

"Peyton is rightfully outraged by the allegations, which he emphatically denied to our organization and which have been publicly renounced by the source who initially provided them."

In the documentary, Sly also mentioned Philadelphia Phillies first baseman Ryan Howard, Washington Nationals infielder Ryan Zimmerman and boxer Mike Tyson as athletes who received HGH shipments from him while he worked at the Guyer Institute.

Sly said he was "testing" Al Jazeera's undercover reporter by dropping "names like Peyton Manning, Derek Jeter, Ryan Howard and James Harrison." He said none were clients. While Manning, Howard and Harrison were mentioned in Al Jazeera's HGH investigation, Jeter was not.

"When I realized Al Jazeera was using a secret taping and Collins as a so-called investigative reporter, I was baffled," Sly said. "I cannot believe that can happen. That's why I recanted the story. It wasn't true, and I was trying to pull one over on Collins to see if he had any idea of what he was talking about.

"I was trying to determine whether this guy [Collins] was legitimate or just trying to steal some knowledge about the business."

"The allegation that I would do something like that is complete garbage and is totally made up," Peyton Manning said of Al Jazeera's contention that he received HGH during his recovery from neck fusion surgeries in 2011. "It never happened." Dustin Bradford/Getty Images
Manning's agent echoed the quarterback's reaction in a statement issued Saturday night.

"The allegation reported by Al Jazeera naming Peyton is absolutely false and it recounts behavior and events that never occurred," Tom Condon said in the release. "The implications suggested by Al Jazeera are outrageous and baseless. Their source has already retracted his statements, as well as advised Al Jazeera those statements were meritless.

"Any further reporting of this matter is a retelling of falsehoods and fiction and complicity in the lack of journalistic ethics demonstrated by Al Jazeera."

The report links several other athletes to HGH and other drugs, including Green Bay Packers linebacker Mike Neal, who allegedly introduced teammates Julius Peppers and others to Sly, and mentions Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison, Peppers and Neal as athletes who received shipments of a new performance-enhancing drug called Delta-2 from him.

The report goes on to say that Sly furnished Clay Matthews with painkillers and that Howard, Zimmerman and Tyson received drugs from Sly.

Harrison, Zimmerman and Howard all denied the allegations to the network. Neal, Peppers and Tyson didn't respond to requests for comment, Al Jazeera said.

William Burck, the attorney for both Harrison and Zimmerman, called the report "inexcusable and irresponsible" and said Al Jazeera had broadcast "outright lies."

"The extraordinarily reckless claims made against our clients in this report are completely false and rely on a source who has already recanted his claims," Burck said. "We will go to court to hold Al Jazeera and other responsible parties accountable for smearing our clients' good names."

Yep, Al Jazeera sounds like a legit news agency. :spock:

tk13
12-28-2015, 11:47 AM

I don't know why people keep bagging Al Jazeera. They weren't the ones mouthing off on hidden camera. Even if he's completely full of crap, no one made him name drop all these athletes. They only investigated the guy because the other drug dealers said he was good at what he did.

vailpass
12-28-2015, 12:24 PM
I Want To Believe

:)

Jesus you guys...

nychief
12-28-2015, 12:32 PM

It's a very well respected international news organization...

nychief
12-28-2015, 12:34 PM
I guarantee manning doesn't sue... Opens himself up to discovery.

OnTheWarpath15
12-28-2015, 12:44 PM

Exactly.

Slightly off topic, but it's an example of what's fucked about journalism today.

Any "journalist" can say something like, "A source tells Bullshit News Network that he saw Peyton Manning giving a drunk hobo a blowjob behind the dumpster at Waffle House last night" with basically no consequences.

Their "source" is protected, and the accused won't sue for defamation because it opens up their entire personal life.

nychief
12-28-2015, 01:30 PM
Exactly.

Slightly off topic, but it's an example of what's ****ed about journalism today.

Any "journalist" can say something like, "A source tells Bullshit News Network that he saw Peyton Manning giving a drunk hobo a blowjob behind the dumpster at Waffle House last night" with basically no consequences.

Their "source" is protected, and the accused won't sue for defamation because it opens up their entire personal life.

this is a little different.

Mile High Mania
12-28-2015, 01:31 PM

What's to be gained by suing? Costs more money and time than it's worth.

nychief
12-28-2015, 01:35 PM
What's to be gained by suing? Costs more money and time than it's worth.

he was sword rattling about it during his press tour yesterday... he did this the clemens way, using his wife.

OnTheWarpath15
12-28-2015, 01:35 PM
this is a little different.

I wasn't saying that was the case here. I even said, "slightly off topic."

nychief
12-28-2015, 01:37 PM
I wasn't saying that was the case here. I even said, "slightly off topic."

just piggybacking on my part, i understood.

Eleazar
12-28-2015, 01:50 PM
You dont know what you are talking about. It wasnt a reporter. It was the guy busted on a hidden camera trying to cover his ass now... not the reporter.

A drug dealer bragging about all the business he is doing and how he's the dealer to the stars? Now why would he do that?

BigCatDaddy
12-28-2015, 01:54 PM
A drug dealer bragging about all the business he is doing and how he's the dealer to the stars? Now why would he do that?

Because he is just testing the guy to see if it blows up into a national story?

Its basically been confirmed Mrs Manning was getting HGH shipments already. So we know he wasnt lying about that.

Chiefnj2
12-28-2015, 01:56 PM
The report never says Manning took it. Just that it was shipped to his home in his wife's name. Manning's attorney's deny he ever took it and said that his wife's medical issues are her own business.

She could have taken it for fertility reasons.

Rain Man
12-28-2015, 01:57 PM
You are so far off the rails here. The guy who recanted was the drug dealer who was caught on hidden camera explaining how the doping ring works and name dropping athletes he'd worked with. Once this came out, he made a statement saying everything you see on the hidden camera is a lie.
Posted via Mobile Device

I bet Von Miller threatened to pull his franchise.

Dayze
12-28-2015, 01:59 PM
LMAO

I love that Rain Man, while typically subdued, is captain of the Von Miller hate train at every opportunity.

Your efforts are noted and appreciated.

nychief
12-28-2015, 02:03 PM
Because he is just testing the guy to see if it blows up into a national story?

Its basically been confirmed Mrs Manning was getting HGH shipments already. So we know he wasnt lying about that.

Yep, just like all those women who drugged themselves to frame Bill Cosby. Makes sense. :hmmm:

Rain Man
12-28-2015, 02:04 PM
LMAO

I love that Rain Man, while typically subdued, is captain of the Von Miller hate train at every opportunity.

Your efforts are noted and appreciated.

Ever since Romanowski retired, I've been searching for a new project.

nychief
12-28-2015, 02:05 PM
The report never says Manning took it. Just that it was shipped to his home in his wife's name. Manning's attorney's deny he ever took it and said that his wife's medical issues are her own business.

The feds will get involved... they'll find loose ends. Wonder what Ryan Howard's wife was suffering from.

Dayze
12-28-2015, 02:08 PM
Ever since Romanowski retired, I've been searching for a new project.

it's good to have goals.

BigCatDaddy
12-28-2015, 02:09 PM
The feds will get involved... they'll find loose ends. Wonder what Ryan Howard's wife was suffering from.

Yep. This just got the ball rolling.

KC_Connection
12-28-2015, 02:17 PM

That was the same explanation Roger Clemens came up with. The doping wives club grows.

oldandslow
12-28-2015, 02:53 PM
Just listened to the Al Jezera reporter (Donna Davis, I think was the name) who broke the story on Sirius MLB network. Woman knows her business.

I went in believing it to be hogwash. I came out thinking Peyton, Ryan Howard and Ryan Zimmerman will be serving suspensions at some point during the the next year.

Bewbies
12-28-2015, 02:57 PM
I could care less if he took HGH.

And I find it really hard to believe if HGH is being shipped to his wife it's not actually for him.

Dayze
12-28-2015, 02:58 PM
I wish there were a separate league where steroids, HGH, and PCP were encouraged. I think I would enjoy watching that.

OnTheWarpath15
12-28-2015, 03:01 PM
I wish there were a separate league where steroids, HGH, and PCP were encouraged. I think I would enjoy watching that.

No offense, but that's really naive of you to say considering the NFL IS that league.

This stuff is in every locker room in professional sports. Most guys are either smart enough not to get caught, are using substances that are undetectable, or both.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-28-2015, 03:06 PM
A mark is a guy that pays his last $20 on crack cocaine
A mark is a guy that believes that OJ didn't do it.
And a mark is each and every one of you sorry sonofafucking bitches that believes Peyton didn't juice.

vailpass
12-28-2015, 03:10 PM
And a mark is each and every one of you sorry sonofa****ing bitches that believes Peyton didn't juice.

Street smarts from a kid who doesn't have a job.
Please, tell moar...

Halfcan
12-28-2015, 03:14 PM
I bet Von Miller threatened to pull his franchise.

ROFL Awesome!!

penguinz
12-28-2015, 03:17 PM
I could NOT care less if he took HGH.

And I find it really hard to believe if HGH is being shipped to his wife it's not actually for him.FYP Our education system is pathetic

TEX
12-28-2015, 03:36 PM
And a mark is each and every one of you sorry sonofa****ing bitches that believes Peyton didn't juice.

:LOL:

nychief
12-28-2015, 04:39 PM
Please, tell moar...

Most street smarts come from people without jobs, hence street smarts.
I agree with Hamas...

Just Passin' By
12-28-2015, 05:32 PM
I don't know if this has already been posted, but Al Jazeera is not backing down, so far:

Al Jazeera, however, said in the report that it confirmed Sly's employment dates, and is standing behind the timelines in its news special that Sly worked at the clinic during the time that Manning was being treated there. The network provided The Huffington Post with transcripts of its call to the clinic about Sly in response to questions about how they confirmed his employment.

In the transcripts, an employee of the Guyer Institute tells Al Jazeera reporter Deborah Davies that Sly worked at the clinic in the "fall of 2011." The employee confirmed his start date as Oct. 17 of that year.

Here is the full transcript, according to Al Jazeera:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/al-jazeera-peyton-manning-transcript_56814cf4e4b0b958f659d99c

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-28-2015, 05:37 PM
Please, tell moar...

ROFL for so many reasons

1) <<-- works and goes to professional school full time.

2)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xM9dUFzN-bA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dayze
12-28-2015, 06:08 PM
What the hell did I just watch?

eDave
12-28-2015, 06:14 PM
What the hell did I just watch?

4:30

tk13
12-28-2015, 06:43 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">New comments from Al-Jazeera investigative reporter Deborah Davies on Manning source Charlie Sly recanting story <a href="https://t.co/A9is7i3VJ5">pic.twitter.com/A9is7i3VJ5</a></p>&mdash; Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) <a href="https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/681595994379841538">December 28, 2015</a></blockquote>

Fat Elvis
12-28-2015, 07:00 PM
Well, the donks do play in Mile Hgh stadium....

Bewbies
12-28-2015, 07:15 PM
FYP Our education system is pathetic

It's pathedic. Bitch.

NJChiefsFan
12-28-2015, 07:18 PM
Well, the donks do play in Mile Hgh stadium....

I believe that's now called Sports Authority Field at Mile High. Just rolls off the tongue.

penguinz
12-28-2015, 07:23 PM
It's pathedic. Bitch.I hope this is a joke.

Just Passin' By
12-28-2015, 07:30 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BDZ3aVX26T8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BigCatDaddy
12-28-2015, 07:42 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BDZ3aVX26T8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well there goes the Guyer Institutes credibility. This is going to get ugly

Couch-Potato
12-28-2015, 08:50 PM
Just let these guys have HGH and other modern medicine. I could care less if Manning took HGH to recover from multiple neck surgeries, or for his entire career for that matter.

HMc
12-28-2015, 09:33 PM
There is no reason to believe this story at all. Not one credible person is attesting or offering any credible evidence. The only people who seem to believe it are committed haters who probably just want it to be true.

Have you actually watched the documentary? We know that Sly sells PEDs to at least some pro sportsmen because they've got Taylor Teagarden on video openly discussing his use of them...in Sly's apartment.

No, they don't have the same thing for Neal or Peppers or Matthews or Howard or Manning, but if you have watched the video and still think there is literally nothing credible about this story, you need your head examined.

What's really difficult to believe is Sly's awkward backtracking on the claims he made on video.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-28-2015, 10:14 PM
Occam's Razor would tell you that the guy is backtracking because someone who doesn't want this info to get out is willing to pay him for his silence/recanting.

FloridaMan88
12-29-2015, 10:56 AM
The Al Jazeera reporter for this documentary, Deborah Davies was on NBC's Today Show today and these were her exact words:

http://www.today.com/news/al-jazeera-reporter-documentary-not-alleging-peyton-manning-used-hgh-t64281

"The only allegation in the program from Charlie Sly is that growth hormone was sent repeatedly from the [anti-aging clinic] Guyer [Institute] to Ashley Manning in Florida. We're not making the allegation against Peyton Manning."

If they aren't alleging anything against Peyton Manning, then why include this information about Ashley Manning receiving HGH in a documentary titled "The Dark Side: Secrets of Sports Dopers"? Ashley Manning is not a professional athlete.

So to recap:

1) Al Jazeera's primary source, Charlie Sly is saying the allegations against Manning/his wife in their report are false.

2) Charlie Fry didn't work at the clinic (The Guyer Institute) in 2011 when the HGH was allegedly sent to Manning's wife.

3) The founder of The Guyer Institute, Dr. Dale Guyer has also confirmed that Charlie Fry did not work for the clinic in 2011.

4) The undercover operative Al Jazeera used to get information from Charlie Fry for their report, a guy named Liam Collins is bankrupt and swindled millions out of investors in a real estate fraud scheme. He is legally banned from running a business until 2027 and he owes creditors millions.

5) Now the reporter for the Al Jazeera report, Deborah Davies is claiming the report is only alleging that Peyton Manning's wife received the HGH, not Peyton Manning himself (yet Davies can't explain why that would be relevant for a documentary about sports doping).

If anyone still wants to believe this garbage, power to you.

BigCatDaddy
12-29-2015, 11:11 AM
The Al Jazeera reporter for this documentary, Deborah Davies was on NBC's Today Show today and these were her exact words:

http://www.today.com/news/al-jazeera-reporter-documentary-not-alleging-peyton-manning-used-hgh-t64281

"The only allegation in the program from Charlie Sly is that growth hormone was sent repeatedly from the [anti-aging clinic] Guyer [Institute] to Ashley Manning in Florida. We're not making the allegation against Peyton Manning."

If they aren't alleging anything against Peyton Manning, then why include this information about Ashley Manning receiving HGH in a documentary titled "The Dark Side: Secrets of Sports Dopers"? Ashley Manning is not a professional athlete.

So to recap:

1) Al Jazeera's primary source, Charlie Sly is saying the allegations against Manning/his wife in their report are false.

2) Charlie Fry didn't work at the clinic (The Guyer Institute) in 2011 when the HGH was allegedly sent to Manning's wife.

3) The founder of The Guyer Institute, Dr. Dale Guyer has also confirmed that Charlie Fry did not work for the clinic in 2011.

4) The undercover operative Al Jazeera used to get information from Charlie Fry for their report, a guy named Liam Collins is bankrupt and swindled millions out of investors in a real estate fraud scheme. He is legally banned from running a business until 2027 and he owes creditors millions.

5) Now the reporter for the Al Jazeera report, Deborah Davies is claiming the report is only alleging that Peyton Manning's wife received the HGH, not Peyton Manning himself (yet Davies can't explain why that would be relevant for a documentary about sports doping).

1. For the millionth time he was taped secretly... never a willing source.

2 and 3 were already proven to be lies. He did work there then. They released a tape of them confirming his employment in 2011 with the Guyer institute

4. What does the background of the guy wearing the camera have to do with what the camera recorded?

5. If you think his old lady was pinning HGH daily during the exact time period he was recovering from neck surgery you are a very naive.

Since you obviously missed it

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=11982551&postcount=211

Pasta Little Brioni
12-29-2015, 11:12 AM
Lying, cheating piece of shit bronco

nychief
12-29-2015, 11:32 AM

So to recap:

Jesus, wake up... I don't understand your manning pompoms on this... Or is this an anti media "make America great again" thing? Do you have papa john stock?

Halfcan
12-29-2015, 11:37 AM
So Manning gets a career threatening / ending neck injury.

HGH is sent to his house.

The next two years he sets every NFL record in the books.

Nope nothing to see here folks.

Halfcan
12-29-2015, 11:38 AM
Manning's head is now bigger than Barry Bonds head.

FloridaMan88
12-29-2015, 11:55 AM
5. If you think his old lady was pinning HGH daily during the exact time period he was recovering from neck surgery you are a very naive

So why won't the Al Jazeera reporter make that connection then?

The reporter is a coward because she is putting the information that Manning's wife allegedly received HGH in a documentary about sports doping yet doesn't want to say directly that they are alleging that Peyton Manning used HGH.

If the Al Jazeera reporter won't make that claim then no one should feel confident making it unless more evidence is discovered.

New World Order
12-29-2015, 11:57 AM
Who cares if he was using HGH to rehab and come back from a serious neck injury.

I find nothing wrong with this.

Chiefaholic
12-29-2015, 11:58 AM
http://api.ning.com/files/Nt4uQVNN8YS73-sbgOxT8lfVZTxqssZKw0MkhoQtpQfXx4v3iCbC0sxJtxI8cFju2d-cRwPrc-0o0ECC73MxtcijNnPhSqr4/12362412_812269188896268_1573043844_n.jpg

FloridaMan88
12-29-2015, 11:59 AM
Jesus, wake up... I don't understand your manning pompoms on this... Or is this an anti media "make America great again" thing? Do you have papa john stock?

Again so why is the Al Jazeera reporter saying they "aren't alleging that Peyton Manning used HGH"?

Mile High Mania
12-29-2015, 11:59 AM
I haven't had the time to sift through this one, was waiting for it to further develop... reading the commentary here has been fun though.

Is it suggested that he received this through 2011, but not after or since 2011 and the surgery? Typically, where there is smoke, there is fire with this stuff unfortunately. I'm going to hold out on commenting until more is uncovered and just hope for the best.

New World Order
12-29-2015, 12:04 PM
Manning's head is now bigger than Barry Bonds head.

He has GH Jaw.

FloridaMan88
12-29-2015, 12:07 PM
Bottom line is Al Jazeera has fabricated a hit job on American athletes with flimsy (at best) evidence.

If Al Jazeera wants to get into the sports investigative business, perhaps they should start looking at all of the shit going on with the Qatar World Cup.

Of course they won't do that because the royal family of Qatar owns Al Jazeera.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-29-2015, 12:07 PM
So basically everything accomplished in Pile High the last few years is a fraud.....cool

Pasta Little Brioni
12-29-2015, 12:08 PM
Who cares if he was using HGH to rehab and come back from a serious neck injury.

I find nothing wrong with this.

...other than like his buddy Brady faked outrage and lied to the nation

SeeingRed
12-29-2015, 12:11 PM
of course he was using huh....but who really cares? Its in his wifes name and nobody can prove otherwise...so thats it. No story.

nychief
12-29-2015, 12:17 PM
of course he was using huh....but who really cares? Its in his wifes name and nobody can prove otherwise...so thats it. No story.

i don't think you understand what a story is.

nychief
12-29-2015, 12:19 PM
Bottom line is Al Jazeera has fabricated a hit job on American athletes with flimsy (at best) evidence.

If Al Jazeera wants to get into the sports investigative business, perhaps they should start looking at all of the shit going on with the Qatar World Cup.

you still haven't watched it, have you? its about INTERNATIONAL doping....

BigRock
12-29-2015, 12:19 PM
Again so why is the Al Jazeera reporter saying they "aren't alleging that Peyton Manning used HGH"?

Because they don't have direct evidence that he did, and they don't want to be sued, so they aren't outright saying it.

They are pointing out the coincidence that Manning's wife was allegedly getting HGH deliveries during a period where he was recovering from major surgery. And that, allegedly, she was getting it under circumstances not exactly fitting a person that's had it prescribed for a legitimate medical reason.

If the allegations are true, someone in the Manning house was using HGH for a purpose that was seemingly not one of the very few approved legal uses for it. Was it the superstar athlete recovering from a career-threatening injury or his wife? Tough one. Maybe they can try to crack it on the next season of Serial.

Hoopsdoc
12-29-2015, 12:25 PM
If he's dumb enough to have PED's shipped to his house in his wife's name.......

I find all this very unconvincing. However, I wouldn't be shocked if it were true.

BigCatDaddy
12-29-2015, 12:25 PM

How do you Chris Perez's dog wasnt using the Mary Jane sent to Chris's address in his dogs name?

FloridaMan88
12-29-2015, 12:27 PM
you still haven't watched it, have you? its about INTERNATIONAL doping....

List the non-American athletes named in their investigation.

And Liam Collins doesn't count.

SeeingRed
12-29-2015, 12:30 PM
i don't think you understand what a story is.

there is no proof......maybe his wife was taking it for some reason and maybe he was but you can't convict his wife for taking HGH lol...there is no smoking gun. Maybe he took it to heal from his neck surgeries and maybe he didn't. Does anybody really care? I certainly don't.

BigCatDaddy
12-29-2015, 12:32 PM
there is no proof......maybe his wife was taking it for some reason and maybe he was but you can't convict his wife for taking HGH lol...there is no smoking gun. Maybe he took it to heal from his neck surgeries and maybe he didn't. Does anybody really care? I certainly don't.

Its early. Like most if these stories i suspect more will come to light.

I will say anybody that had a hissy fit over a deflated ball should be up in arms over this if they can connect the dots.

FloridaMan88
12-29-2015, 12:33 PM
Because they don't have direct evidence that he did, and they don't want to be sued, so they aren't outright saying it.

They are pointing out the coincidence that Manning's wife was allegedly getting HGH deliveries during a period where he was recovering from major surgery. And that, allegedly, she was getting it under circumstances not exactly fitting a person that's had it prescribed for a legitimate medical reason.

If the allegations are true, someone in the Manning house was using HGH for a purpose that was seemingly not one of the very few approved legal uses for it. Was it the superstar athlete recovering from a career-threatening injury or his wife? Tough one. Maybe they can try to crack it on the next season of Serial.

They don't have direct evidence about anything in this report, yet to generate interest/Internet clicks/ratings they refer directly to Peyton Manning and put his image in a documentary about sports doping, yet the reporter, when questioned on it throws up her hands and says "but we aren't alleging anything against Peyton Manning".

It is cowardly, tabloid "journalism".

New World Order
12-29-2015, 12:34 PM
...other than like his buddy Brady faked outrage and lied to the nation

That's true.

Rain Man
12-29-2015, 12:36 PM

I need to learn more. Is his wife 6-10 and a competitive weightlifter? That could affect my thinking.

FloridaMan88
12-29-2015, 12:43 PM
Was it the superstar athlete recovering from a career-threatening injury or his wife? Tough one. Maybe they can try to crack it on the next season of Serial.

Yeah there is absolutely no way the wife would be potentially using an anti-aging mechanism that millions of non-athletes in America use on a daily basis.

Perhaps on the next season of Serial that you are looking forward to they can also look at the shocking development of Advil being used by non-athletes as well.

BigCatDaddy
12-29-2015, 12:46 PM
Yeah there is absolutely no way the wife would be potentially using an anti-aging mechanism that millions of non-athletes in America use on a daily basis.

Perhaps on the next season of Serial that you are looking forward to they can also look at the shocking development of Advil being used by non-athletes as well.
Why did the Guyer institution lie about his employment?

FloridaMan88
12-29-2015, 12:51 PM
Why did the Guyer institution lie about his employment?

That assumes that Al Jazeera's video of their reporter talking on the phone with "Heather" from The Guyer Institute is legit. It also assumes that "Heather" from The Guyer Institute was correct in the information she was providing the reporter.

BigCatDaddy
12-29-2015, 12:55 PM
That assumes that Al Jazeera's video of their reporter talking on the phone with "Heather" from The Guyer Institute is legit. It also assumes that "Heather" from The Guyer Institute was correct in the information she was providing the reporter.

You can make that HUGE leap but a pro athlete having drugs sent to his house in his wifes name is unlikely?

LMAO

ptlyon
12-29-2015, 12:58 PM
Makes his chicken parm taste so good

Just Passin' By
12-29-2015, 01:05 PM

Until now, I didn't know Archie Manning posted on this site.

FloridaMan88
12-29-2015, 01:07 PM
You can make that HUGE leap but a pro athlete having drugs sent to his house in his wifes name is unlikely?

LMAO

It is a "huge leap" that a media outlet with a questionable reputation (at best) would fabricate/misrepresent evidence in a report?

Yeah that never happens. Dan Rather can confirm that.

vailpass
12-29-2015, 01:17 PM
Lash out against your oppressors oh CP warrior! Struggle mightily no matter the field of conflict letting neither fact nor logic steer you from your holy course!!