PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Tribute to the offense in the second half

Pages : [1] 2

cdcox
12-27-2015, 03:16 PM
14 plays
58 yards
7:32 time of possession

Just stellar right there. Take the week off!

Mr. Laz
12-27-2015, 03:22 PM
That's what happens when your coach calls plays that are all sideways.

Our passing game was pretty solid when we threw NFL passing tree type routes

When Andy goes full 'sideways' our offense doesn't do shit

milkman
12-27-2015, 03:25 PM

Absolutely agree.

The playcalling is killing this team.

Easy 6
12-27-2015, 03:26 PM
Heres my tribute to the second half offense... :whackit:

FloridaMan88
12-27-2015, 03:29 PM
Playcalling was conservative and terrible.

On what ended up being the final offensive possession of the game for the Chiefs, I think Reid should have been more aggressive with his playcalling and tried to get a least one first down.

I get trying to kill some clock and force Cleveland to use their timeouts, but considering the amount of time left, I thought Reid went way too conservative on that final offensive drive.

Yes it ended up working out in the end, but the Chiefs could have created a more favorable/less stressful situation for themselves at the end.

redfan
12-27-2015, 03:31 PM
Gittin er dun

Chief Northman
12-27-2015, 03:31 PM
Bad Andy definitely showed up today. This should have been out of reach at halftime. Penalties and the INT again hurt the team.

One positive however is that Reid seems to have full faith in the defense. Years ago, there is no way Andy's ego would have allowed him to pass up that 4th and inches. Maybe Bob Sutton has become Jim Johnson lite.....

BlackHelicopters
12-27-2015, 03:32 PM
Shitty play calling

eDave
12-27-2015, 03:32 PM
Hit the showers boys. I'm calling it a character win.

KCrockaholic
12-27-2015, 03:33 PM
I do love our scripted play calling in the first couple drives. After that it goes to shit.

Shaid
Yep, when we go conservative, we suck. Just play normal football Andy!

ModSocks
Hard to be productive when you can't get on the field.

Shaid

That too. Shows how much Hali and Houston mean to the team.

notorious
12-27-2015, 03:34 PM
To call the offense shit in the 2nd half would be complimentary.

TribalElder
Shocked we won honestly

Why Not?
Expected the gif of that guy on fire falling out of a window

cdcox
12-27-2015, 03:35 PM

They were on the field 3 times.

notorious
12-27-2015, 03:35 PM
This was 90% on the offensive line.

They were getting their shit pushed in by garbage players and the 31st run defense.

Sandy Vagina
12-27-2015, 03:36 PM
Far more about the lack of opportunity, poor run blocking, and poor screen blocks/calls.

Not really mad at the offense much. 17-3 halftime lead, and so few opportunities in the 2nd half.

Now the defense was atrocious against Manziel and scrubs.. but they didn't have Houston and Hali.. and still didn't allow many big plays.. just kept eating shit from Manziel's scrambling ability.

OldSchool
Yep, when we go conservative, we suck. Just play normal football Andy!

Yup, all of the conservative shit was annoying as hell.

Mr. Laz
Absolutely agree.

The playcalling changed as soon as we got the 10 point lead.

We played to hold-the-lead for 3 quarters.

BigMeatballDave
:LOL:

Saccopoo

Mauga sucks.

No shit, slowest linebacker in the NFL.

Best move of the game?

When Sutton pulled him for Sorensen in the fourth to give us more speed in containing Manziel.

tk13
They were awful in the 2nd half but the TOP battle was lost when Cleveland converted the fake punt.

That was only the 2nd drive of the half... and it went for 21 plays and 12 minutes. That's almost an entire quarter. That's not on the offense. It's just going to skew the stats tremendously.

DaFace
12-27-2015, 03:37 PM

Yep. Though it sucks, it worked (and has worked in other games as well).

dannybcaitlyn
12-27-2015, 03:38 PM
I'll give the defense a pass on their play because of injuries to some guys which are huge shoes to feel but the offense has no excuse!

Chief Northman
12-27-2015, 03:40 PM
Mauga sucks.

Best move of the game?

When Sutton pulled him for Sorensen in the fourth to give us more speed in containing Manziel.

Yeah I shouted Mauga's name in disgust many times this game. I lost my shit when Manziel clowned Allen Bailey on that sideline run...

TigeRRUppeRRcut
Time of possession was more of a problem of the defense not containing johnny, really.
Play calling definitely questionable.

dannybcaitlyn
Mauga sucks.

Best move of the game?

I was calling for them to pull Mauga the whole game. He's just too slow.

cdcox
12-27-2015, 03:41 PM
They were awful in the 2nd half but the TOP battle was lost when Cleveland converted the fake punt.

That was only the 2nd drive of the half... and it went for 21 plays and 12 minutes. That's almost an entire quarter. That's not on the offense. It's just going to skew the stats tremendously.

If the Chiefs had driven for five minutes and kicked a FG on their next possession, the TOP would still be lopsided, but this wouldn't be a thread. We can't mothball the offense before the game is in the bag.

MMXcalibur
12-27-2015, 03:43 PM
Couldn't get much worse.

keg in kc
12-27-2015, 03:43 PM
They took half of this week off, why not take off next week.

cdcox
12-27-2015, 03:44 PM
I'll give the defense a pass on their play because of injuries to some guys which are huge shoes to feel but the offense has no excuse!

With the game on the line during the last 4 possessions of the game (2 each by the offense and defense) the defense stood up and won it 100% by themselves. The offense contributed nothing.

tk13
12-27-2015, 03:44 PM
If the Chiefs had driven for five minutes and kicked a FG on their next possession, the TOP would still be lopsided, but this wouldn't be a thread. We can't mothball the offense before the game is in the bag.

Well obviously. 58 yards in a half is horrible full stop. But blaming the offense for getting burned by fake punt is dumb too. That was a 12 minute drive. That's brutal. It's possible for multiple facets of a football team to stink. The offense couldn't sustain drives and the defense couldn't get off the field. I agree. Neither are good and I don't think one was honestly much worse than the other in the 2nd half. You do either of those in the playoffs and you're going to be finished.

Rausch
12-27-2015, 03:45 PM

And beyond...

splatbass
12-27-2015, 03:47 PM

This. The defense gave up too many long drives in the second half.

cdcox
12-27-2015, 03:48 PM
This. The defense gave up too many long drives in the second half.

10 points. Defense did their job.

splatbass
12-27-2015, 03:49 PM
Shocked we won honestly

You think that every week.

InChiefsHeaven
12-27-2015, 03:53 PM
This was way more painful than I thought it would be, and I'm sure I'm not alone. I think the Chiefs just "assumed" they'd be able to pull this out, and in the end made just enough plays to do just that. While I'd like to see this game be over by halftime, it's the NFL...they get paid to play too, and they are professional athletes and coaches. I felt like our players were looking past this team...maybe so maybe not, but they absolutely must do better than this to be competitive in the playoffs.

Get yer shit together fellas...

splatbass
12-27-2015, 03:54 PM

No, the defense needs to get off the ****ing field once in a while and give the offense a chance.

DaFace
12-27-2015, 03:56 PM

That's overly simplistic, but I think you know that.

tk13
12-27-2015, 03:57 PM
No the defense did their job. They bent but didn't break. That's about as good as you can ask for missing the two best pass rushers. I don't think they played great though. They certainly had opportunities to get our offense back on the field and didn't deliver.

But TOP is going to be skewed badly when one team has a 21 play drive that almost lasts an entire quarter.

MatriculatingHank
12-27-2015, 04:10 PM
But TOP is going to be skewed badly when one team has a 21 play drive that almost lasts an entire quarter.

The announcers said "over 27 minutes of real time since the chiefs offense was on the field"

cdcox
12-27-2015, 04:13 PM
That's overly simplistic, but I think you know that.

The defense had 2 out of 4 drives that you have to call successful given the game context. The offense was 0 for 3. It would be nice of the offense would at least show a pulse in a whole half of football.

DaFace
12-27-2015, 04:16 PM
The defense had 2 out of 4 drives that you have to call successful given the game context. The offense was 0 for 3. It would be nice of the offense would at least show a pulse in a whole half of football.

I blame it mostly on a completely conservative game plan for the entire 2nd half. Andy decided to lean on the defense for the win in order to prevent a turnover or other huge play.

And, technically, it worked perfectly.

Mr. Laz
12-27-2015, 04:18 PM
The defense failed to deal with Manziel regardless of what else happened in the game.

Sutton slow to adjust again and Reid goes full Shottenheimer

Keep Dorsey but we better be developing a short list for another coach

Meatloaf
12-27-2015, 04:20 PM
Absolutely agree.

Double agree with this. After we went deep to Maclin early in the second half (and didn't connect), it seemed like we went back to our sideways game. Is Andy and idiot? What's he see in this? TE screen out wide? Are you kidding me?

tk13
12-27-2015, 04:23 PM
The announcers said "over 27 minutes of real time since the chiefs offense was on the field"

Then you consider that Cleveland's opening drive of the 2nd half was 6 minutes of game time... then add halftime to that, the offense was probably on the field once in about an hour (plus) of real time.

DaFace
12-27-2015, 04:24 PM
Double agree with this. After we went deep to Maclin early in the second half (and didn't connect), it seemed like we went back to our sideways game. Is Andy and idiot? What's he see in this? TE screen out wide? Are you kidding me?

I'm gonna play the devil's advocate here. If we'd passed downfield and had it fall incomplete, that would have added around 39 seconds to the clock.

We won the game because the Browns ran out of time, and 39 seconds would have been MORE than enough considering where they were on the field.

The conservative game plan is excruciating to watch, and I'd certainly prefer we be more aggressive. But I concede that if we ran the numbers on win probabilities, it's entirely possible that draining clock there was far more important than converting it.

cdcox
12-27-2015, 04:25 PM
I blame it mostly on a completely conservative game plan for the entire 2nd half. Andy decided to lean on the defense for the win in order to prevent a turnover or other huge play.

And, technically, it worked perfectly.

I believe this was the same strategy deployed during our last playoff game.

DaFace
12-27-2015, 04:26 PM

No argument. I'm just saying that's as much to blame for the offense's woes than anything.

Meatloaf
12-27-2015, 04:28 PM
I'm gonna play the devil's advocate here. If we'd passed downfield and had it fall incomplete, that would have added around 39 seconds to the clock.

We won the game because the Browns ran out of time, and 39 seconds would have been MORE than enough considering where they were on the field.

The conservative game plan is excruciating to watch, and I'd certainly prefer we be more aggressive. But I concede that if we ran the numbers on win probabilities, it's entirely possible that draining clock there was far more important than converting it.

Ok, Face, I'll bite. Consider this: If we went downfield and connected, we'd have been up Big Time. Nonetheless, I understand what you're saying, and yeah, sometimes it's probably smart to go conservative. And yes, it is excruciating to watch. BUT, in general I like to see us play to win rather than play to not lose. Probably just me.

Hoover
12-27-2015, 04:33 PM
We won.
I'm happy.

We miss Houston and Hali on defense. Pressure just is not the same.

DaFace
12-27-2015, 04:34 PM
Ok, Face, I'll bite. Consider this: If we went downfield and connected, we'd have been up Big Time. Nonetheless, I understand what you're saying, and yeah, sometimes it's probably smart to go conservative. And yes, it is excruciating to watch. BUT, in general I like to see us play to win rather than play to not lose. Probably just me.

Nope, I don't disagree. I hate how conservative Andy likes to go and would prefer we stay aggressive. If nothing else, it's a hell of a lot more fun to watch.

I'm only acknowledging that here is a defensible counterargument to his choices.

Aspengc8
12-27-2015, 04:38 PM

He saw 3x2 so threw the bubble. I'm not defending the playcall, but its a solid call when you have a numbers advantage. Kelce didnt get the blocks he needed.

Over the last few weeks the spread game has worked because the zone read has worked with Alex. They barely ran that this game, so all those 3x2 sets with the built in bubble option did not work. KC runs pretty much a full fledged spread offense to open up the inside zone runs and then they go vertical when the defense shows either 1 high or zero.

Meatloaf
12-27-2015, 04:40 PM
Nope, I don't disagree. I hate how conservative Andy likes to go and would prefer we stay aggressive. If nothing else, it's a hell of a lot more fun to watch.

I'm only acknowledging that here is a defensible counterargument to his choices.

Agree.

I guess Andy can point to a 10-5 record and say "See?" Hard to argue with success, but man, going so conservative is certainly frustrating. Nonetheless, as someone pointed out, usually we seem to be on the wrong side of the UGLY games. Not today!!!

notorious
12-27-2015, 04:41 PM
Our defense has been scoring touchdowns to cover the offense.

This has been going on for weeks.

Saccopoo
12-27-2015, 04:44 PM

Yes it was. And it's on the defense to hold them to a three and out a majority of the time and set up a short field/long field situation.

Sutton did adjust, but a little late when he switched out Mauga (who was getting destroyed on attempting to cover those QB scrambles) for Sorensen in the fourth quarter.

However, he did make the change and it made a difference and we won the game.

Reid coaches the game like a chess match. You do certain things when certain things are presented. He's been more successful than not and was again on this day.

I understand that the casual fan sees a 17-3 halftime score and goes fucking nuts thinking that the final is going to be 34-6 in a blowout.

However, a win is a win. We won, we clinched a playoff berth early and that's the way it is.

splatbass
12-27-2015, 05:02 PM
Keep Dorsey but we better be developing a short list for another coach

Really? We've won 9 games in a row in two of the three seasons Reid has been here. We've had a winning season all three years. And we have a shot to win in the playoffs this year. Why in the world would you want to get rid of Reid?

Saccopoo
12-27-2015, 05:06 PM
Really? We've won 9 games in a row in two of the three seasons Reid has been here. We've had a winning season all three years. And we have a shot to win in the playoffs this year. Why in the world would you want to get rid of Reid?

Some people miss the good ol'days I guess...

http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Kansas+City+Chiefs+v+Oakland+Raiders+oRaQWFdnKMMl.jpg

http://kctv.images.worldnow.com/images/19848942_BG1.jpg

Meatloaf
12-27-2015, 05:11 PM
Some people miss the good ol'days I guess...

http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Kansas+City+Chiefs+v+Oakland+Raiders+oRaQWFdnKMMl.jpg

http://kctv.images.worldnow.com/images/19848942_BG1.jpg

I'll give Herm credit for knowing when to blow the team up; but Scooter, man, I can't think of ANYTHING positive to say about the guy......except that he's GONE.

scho63
12-27-2015, 05:21 PM
To call the offense shit in the 2nd half would be complimentary.

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Saccopoo
12-27-2015, 05:22 PM
I'll give Herm credit for knowing when to blow the team up; but Scooter, man, I can't think of ANYTHING positive to say about the guy......except that he's GONE.

Herm didn't blow up the team, he imploded it.

Go look at the rosters from 2006 to 2007 to 2008. They became progressively worse and significanlty less talented each season that Herm was head coach.

Herm went from 9-7 in 2006 to 4-12 in 2007 to 2-14 in 2008. Statistically they decreased in nearly every single measurable facet in each of those years as well.

Implosion.

New World Order
12-27-2015, 05:23 PM

Justin houston, Eric Berry and Dontari Poe.

retkim
12-27-2015, 05:27 PM
Smith actually played pretty good in the second half, apart from that long throw to Maclin, he fully delivered. But the playcalling was total rubbish.

oaklandhater
12-27-2015, 05:29 PM

Because even when the 49ers went to the nfc championship game they knew smith had to go same Goes for the Ravens with Brad Johnson coaches that refuse to ditch a mediocre pos need to gtfo

BigCatDaddy
12-27-2015, 05:33 PM
3 drives averaging less than 20 yards a drive..... blames defense :facepalm:

CapsLockKey
12-27-2015, 05:35 PM
Because even when the 49ers went to the nfc championship game they knew smith had to go same Goes for the Ravens with Brad Johnson coaches that refuse to ditch a mediocre pos need to gtfo
Yeah the 49ers have really progressed since trading away Smith.

Same for the Eagles after getting rid of Reid.

Tribal Warfare
12-27-2015, 05:45 PM
the conservative playcalling is mirrored how much confidence that he has in Alex to sling it. Reid never had this issue with McNabb.

Meatloaf
12-27-2015, 05:53 PM
Justin houston, Eric Berry and Dontari Poe.

No credit to Scooter for those; they were GIMMEE'S. Heck, even Sac could've made those picks!

splatbass
12-27-2015, 05:55 PM
Because even when the 49ers went to the nfc championship game they knew smith had to go

How did that work out for the 49ers? Which of the two QBs is starting now? Which is heading to the playoffs?

Seriously, this is idiotic.

chiefzilla1501
12-27-2015, 05:59 PM

Go look at the rosters from 2006 to 2007 to 2008. They became progressively worse and significanlty less talented each season that Herm was head coach.

Herm went from 9-7 in 2006 to 4-12 in 2007 to 2-14 in 2008. Statistically they decreased in nearly every single measurable facet in each of those years as well.

Implosion.

I don't think you understand how rebuilds work.

Mr. Laz
12-27-2015, 06:00 PM
Yes, really.

Andy Reid should never have been considered a long term replacement option anyway. He did a fine job at getting the team back on track, now it's time to keep an eye out for somebody who can win a super bowl.

Reid should probably get one more year in KC, at most two.

* fyi i reserve the right to change my opinion if reid goes all 'Yost' and wins a championship

JoeyChuckles
12-27-2015, 06:01 PM
Bad Andy definitely showed up today. This should have been out of reach at halftime. Penalties and the INT again hurt the team.

One positive however is that Reid seems to have full faith in the defense. Years ago, there is no way Andy's ego would have allowed him to pass up that 4th and inches. Maybe Bob Sutton has become Jim Johnson lite.....

Technically, according to the final score, it was out of reach at half time. But I know what you mean.

Meatloaf
12-27-2015, 06:02 PM

Implosion.

Not sure I agree with this. Didn't we draft Dorsey, Albert, Flowers and Charles in the 2008 draft (not to mention Richardson who was at least serviceable for a while). That's a pretty strong group of additions in 2008. I think he knew it was time to turn the team over, but he was fired before he had a chance. Not saying I was a Herm fan, but gotta give the guy some credit for knowing he had to turn the roster over?

Scooter, however, was a total and complete fail. Plus, he was an arrogant nimrod too.

chiefzilla1501
12-27-2015, 06:03 PM
the conservative playcalling is mirrored how much confidence that he has in Alex to sling it. Reid never had this issue with McNabb.

Alex fucked up the deep bomb to a wide open maclin. That's on him. But most of the second half issue was playcalling. And yes, Reid was an idiot with situational playcalling with McNabb too. Capped off with that horrendous te screen on third down.

We continue to see Reid horribly manage games when we have leads. And that's really concerning.

Mr. Laz
12-27-2015, 06:03 PM
Alex Smith was the best part of the offense today ... running and slinging.

The offense was at it's best today when Reid actually called real plays and Alex threw down the field. Wilson and Kelce aren't very reliable but Maclin is.

running game was mostly ass

mlyonsd
12-27-2015, 06:06 PM
running game was mostly ass
That's the scary part against that defense. But I believe you have to commit to it to a point which we never did.

The OL isn't there yet.

oaklandhater
12-27-2015, 06:06 PM
Yeah the 49ers have really progressed since trading away Smith.

Same for the Eagles after getting rid of Reid.

ask any niner real niner fan if they want smith back get out of here with that crap

oaklandhater
12-27-2015, 06:07 PM
How did that work out for the 49ers? Which of the two QBs is starting now? Which is heading to the playoffs?

Seriously, this is idiotic.

Pretty good got em to a superbowl.

BigCatDaddy
12-27-2015, 06:09 PM
ask any niner real niner fan if they want smith back get out of here with that crap

Ive seen a few threads on that and its about 90% hell no in SF.

12-27-2015, 06:09 PM
One of the ugliest wins I have ever witnessed. We got outplayed and still won. It was pathetic but its a win. They better not do this shit next week.

Coogs
12-27-2015, 06:11 PM
Toub and his kickoff return team deserve a little mention in the 2nd half lack of production. If you have followed the Chiefs at all this year, you had to know Davis was coming out of the end zone following Cleveland's marathon drive (one aided by the punt return team), and that there would be a penalty to leave us on the 3 yard line.

Mr. Laz
12-27-2015, 06:13 PM
Toub and his kickoff return team deserve a little mention in the 2nd half lack of production. If you have followed the Chiefs at all this year, you had to know Davis was coming out of the end zone following Cleveland's marathon drive (one aided by the punt return team), and that there would be a penalty to leave us on the 3 yard line.
Don't forget Colquitt's shitty punting for the last few games

Special teams have not been special this year. Not sure what the problem is, Toub is a capable ST coach.

Toub needs to tell Knile Davis to stop bringing the ball out of the endzone every time.

BigCatDaddy
12-27-2015, 06:13 PM
Pretty good got em to a superbowl.

Fuck the SB. Back to back to back winning seasons is what matters!

splatbass
12-27-2015, 06:14 PM
Andy Reid should never have been considered a long term replacement option anyway.

He is #16 on the list of most wins in NFL history.

Sandy Vagina
12-27-2015, 06:15 PM
Lots of bitter butthurts going on in here after the team's 9th consecutive win. LMAO

stevieray
12-27-2015, 06:16 PM
If
Stopped reading.

WilliamTheIrish
12-27-2015, 06:17 PM

I agree with you and understand it is excruciating to watch. But i never felt Fluteziel was going to lead them to the EZ. He can't throw. He's the most overhyped NFL prospect since Leaf.

oaklandhater
Ive seen a few threads on that and its about 90% hell no in SF.

Damm straight after the Giants playoff game he was done with the fan's in SF

splatbass

I know several that would take Smith back in a heartbeat.

oaklandhater
12-27-2015, 06:18 PM
Lots of bitter butthurts going on in here after the team's 9th consecutive win. LMAO

Keep making excuses for this QB and horrid offense.

Sandy Vagina
12-27-2015, 06:18 PM

and the rest either hated Alex from the start, or are too stubborn to admit that KC bent them over and sodomized them.

oaklandhater
12-27-2015, 06:19 PM

They would never have made it to the superbowl back in 13 that is a fact they were sucking off kapernick back then.

oaklandhater
and the rest either hated Alex from the start, or are too stubborn to admit that KC bent them over and sodomized them.

Did Alex get the 49ers to the Superbowl or lay an egg in the NFC championship game.

splatbass

It is the people that predicted before the season (as they do every season) that the team would suck, now they have to deal with being wrong. They hate that.

Coogs
12-27-2015, 06:22 PM

Not here. I am thrilled! I'm okay with the offense and defense going forward into the playoffs. Special teams is the area that has me most concerned.

Sandy Vagina

Only the 2nd time in the SB era and first time in 45 years that a 1-5 team has come back to make the playoffs. Chiefs did this without their star player and then without their star defensive player, one of the best in the NFL, for the last 5 of these wins.

The Chiefs are 6th best in offensive efficiency.. and 10th best in points per drive..top 10 passer rating.. top 3 in QBR the last two months... despite having a bottom 10 offensive line. Not bad at all... and no excuses even needed.

If you can't smile over their 9th consecutive win? Maybe it is YOU that is not really a Chiefs fan.

splatbass

How stubborn do you have to be to think it was a good decision to choose the QB who was benched for Blaine fucking Gabbert over the QB that is headed for the playoffs?

oaklandhater
It is the people that predicted before the season (as they do every season) that the team would suck, now they have to deal with being wrong. They hate that.

People said the same shit before the Ravens Chiefs meltdown in the playoffs

oaklandhater
12-27-2015, 06:24 PM
How stubborn do you have to be to think it was a good decision to choose the QB who was benched for Blaine ****ing Gabbert over the QB that is headed for the playoffs?

It's no secret that kap has sucked since Harbaugh left

The reason most people still stand by that move was that Kap was playing light out the year the 49ers made it to the superbowl.

Sandy Vagina
How stubborn do you have to be to think it was a good decision to choose the QB who was benched for Blaine ****ing Gabbert over the QB that is headed for the playoffs?

splat... I'd like you to meet Alex haters. Alex haters, this is splat. :)

splatbass
They would never have made it to the superbowl back in 13 that is a fact they were sucking off kapernick back then.

Times change, but you never do. If you want to live in 2013 go ahead, but it is the 2015 season and all that counts is right now. Kap probably won't even play for the 49ers next season.

Sandy Vagina
12-27-2015, 06:25 PM

The reason most people still stand by that move was that Kap was playing light out the year the 49ers made it to the superbowl.

so which 49ers fan are you anyway? find your nuts and be honest.

chiefzilla1501
I agree with you and understand it is excruciating to watch. But i never felt Fluteziel was going to lead them to the EZ. He can't throw. He's the most overhyped NFL prospect since Leaf.

Manziel has played really well this year. He played pretty good today. He is an absolutely slippery ****er in the pocket. But yeah, he's still got some ways to go to lead a 2 minute drill when a defense can play contain.

If he fixes his footwork and can stay healthy, he's an interesting prospect.

SAUTO
Only the 2nd time in the SB era and first time in 45 years that a 1-5 team has come back to make the playoffs. Chiefs did this without their star player and then without their star defensive player, one of the best in the NFL, for the last 5 of these wins.

The Chiefs are 6th best in offensive efficiency.. and 10th best in points per drive..top 10 passer rating.. top 3 in QBR the last two months... despite having a bottom 10 offensive line. Not bad at all... and no excuses even needed.

If you can't smile over their 9th consecutive win? Maybe it is YOU that is not really a Chiefs fan.
Link to that o line rating? Made up?

oaklandhater
12-27-2015, 06:26 PM

28th in passing that is all our offense has been a hindenburg fire since oakland and this shit wont fly in the playoffs

Sandy Vagina
12-27-2015, 06:26 PM
Manziel has played really well this year. He played pretty good today. He is an absolutely slippery ****er in the pocket. But yeah, he's still got some ways to go to lead a 2 minute drill when a defense can play contain.

Much of his success today was backyard balling and LUCK from not having true pros like Houston and Hali raping his ass.

Sandy Vagina
12-27-2015, 06:27 PM
28th in passing that is all our offense has been a hindenburg fire since oakland and this shit wont fly in the playoffs

28th in what pass yards? You been sucking on Clay for too long. yards? LMAO

milkman
12-27-2015, 06:27 PM

Alex Smith has shown this year when the play calling is aggressive and attacks that he's capable of making the throws and leading this team.

He was almost singlehandedly responsible for the 2nd TD in today's game, with both his arm and his legs.

He's grown from the shitty, conservative, useless piece of garbage that I complained about trading for, and watched for much of 2 seasons, into a pretty good QB that can win you games.

He needs Andy Reid to open up the play calling and stop playing not to lose so early in games.

Playoff teams are going to kick this team's ass if we go conservative so early in games.

New World Order
12-27-2015, 06:28 PM

They usually only win if the defense helps the offense score or the defense holds the opposing offense.

See Oakland, Houston, Denver, SD, Balt, Cleveland etc..

Our only chance in the playoffs is if the defense plays lights out.

Sandy Vagina
12-27-2015, 06:29 PM
Link to that o line rating? Made up?

It's fairly obvious.. but at any rate, I think this source does a fair job of giving people the basic picture of whether an OL is good or poor.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

stevieray
Alex Smith has shown this year when the play calling is aggressive and attacks that he's capable of making the throws and leading this team.

He was almost singlehandedly responsible for the 2nd TD in today's game, with both his arm and his legs.

He's grown from the shitty, conservative, useless piece of garbage that I complained about trading for, and watched for much of 2 seasons, into a pretty good QB that can win you games.

He needs Andy Reid to open up the play calling and stop playing not to lose so early in games.

Playoff teams are going to kick this team's ass if we go conservative so early in games.

^^^

Play calling determines this team's success or failure.

BigCatDaddy

He hasnt even cracked 200 yards passing in his last 4 games. Maybe time to open it up a tad more.

chiefzilla1501
12-27-2015, 06:30 PM
Much of his success today was backyard balling and LUCK from not having true pros like Houston and Hali raping his ass.

Manziel played a really good game today. And he's been surprisingly not bad most of the season. Hard to disrespect him for the game he played today. The dumbass Browns staff for some reason took a whole half to realize they needed to use his legs.

oaklandhater
12-27-2015, 06:30 PM

If Reid doesn't trust him to carry this team then he still needs to go his fault or not.

milkman
12-27-2015, 06:31 PM

The reason Kaepernick played lights out is that he was able to take off after one read, and Greg Rome utilized the read option effectively.

When defenses took those away, he was exposed for the shitty pocket QB that he is.

stevieray
12-27-2015, 06:31 PM
carry this team

myth.

milkman
12-27-2015, 06:32 PM
If Reid doesn't trust him to carry this team then he still needs to go his fault or not.

You have no fucking idea what you are talking about.

oaklandhater
12-27-2015, 06:32 PM
The reason Kaepernick played lights out is that he was able to take off after one read, and Greg Rome utilized the read option effectively.

When defenses took those away, he was exposed for the shitty pocket QB that he is.

I agree with this but they still almost won a superbowl with it.

Much further then they would have got with Smith that year.

oaklandhater
12-27-2015, 06:33 PM
You have no ****ing idea what you are talking about.

It's not like Reid made conservative playcalls with Garcia Vick or mcnabb so if its not trust that is keeping smith back what is it ?

milkman
12-27-2015, 06:34 PM
It's not like Reid made conservative playcalls with Garcia Vick or mcnabb so if its not trust that is keeping smith back what is it ?

It isn't?

DaFace
12-27-2015, 06:35 PM

I'm pretty sure that exactly the kind of thing people criticized him for in Philly, actually.

chiefzilla1501
12-27-2015, 06:36 PM

That wasn't the case today. When the chiefs went up 10 and predictably ran the ball three times to a punt, that was vintage Reid. His playcalling when he protects leads is frustratingly awful. That wasn't not trusting the QB. That was getting way too comfortable with a lead.

oaklandhater
12-27-2015, 06:37 PM
I'm pretty sure that exactly the kind of thing people criticized him for in Philly, actually.

Looking it over Garcia's numbers were pretty close to Smith's numbers :(

splatbass
12-27-2015, 06:39 PM
I agree with this but they still almost won a superbowl with it.

Much further then they would have got with Smith that year.

Smith was 6-2 when he got hurt. Kap ended up 5-2-1 the remaining games in the regular season. Smith won more regular season games than Kap, so I don't know how you can say this. We'll never know what would have happened, but to assume they wouldn't have gone as far is just stupid stubbornness.

ChiefsCountry
12-27-2015, 06:40 PM
Shows the defense is scoring a bunch and setting the offense up with short fields. Don't get the turnovers and look what happens.

chiefzilla1501
12-27-2015, 06:41 PM
Looking it over Garcia's numbers were pretty close to Smiths numbers :(

I've been plenty critical of Alex. Think you're being overly critical here. He didn't play outstanding, but I don't have a problem with his performance today. Took shots, pretty good on third down, was aggressive in the red zone including two outstanding TD passes.

Lots of times I blame Alex for checking down when he should be aggressive. Didn't feel like that today. Looked like poor playcalling to me.

oaklandhater
12-27-2015, 06:41 PM
Smith was 6-2 when he got hurt. Kap ended up 5-2-1 the remaining games in the regular season. Smith won more regular season games than Kap, so I don't know how you can say this. We'll never know what would have happened, but to assume they wouldn't have gone as far is just stupid stubbornness.

the fact the 49ers only scored 3 and 7 the 2 games they lost with smith

Mr. Laz
12-27-2015, 06:42 PM

Muther Fucking This

Alex Smith isn't elite but you can win with him.

Andy Reid needs to stop being a pussy and run a real offense. He's not even a good Martyball replacement because his running game is killed by his shit calls too.

Sorter
There's quite a bit that goes into play-calling that is out of your control but the 2nd half was first 6 games bad.

splatbass
the fact the 49ers only scored 3 and 7 the 2 games they lost with smith

Smith was having a great year when he was hurt.

oaklandhater
12-27-2015, 06:57 PM
Smith was having a great year when he was hurt.

This is bullshit

BigCatDaddy
12-27-2015, 07:00 PM
[QUOTE=oaklandhater;11980073]This is bullshit[/tQUOTE]

He was having his best year but by typical standards it wasn't "a great year" LMAO

Some think he is playing great now and he is only 1200 yards and 10 TDs behind Greens best year in KC.

milkman
12-27-2015, 07:02 PM
Shows the defense is scoring a bunch and setting the offense up with short fields. Don't get the turnovers and look what happens.

The two TDs by the offense in the first half were long drives that were fueled by Smith's arm and legs.

Tacoman
This is bullshit

Lmfao, he was nfc offensive player of the week the last game he finished that season.

milkman

He was having his best year but by typical standards it wasn't "a great year" LMAO

Some think he us playing great now and he is only 1200 yards behind Greens best year.

Numbers mean jack.

Sandy Vagina
12-27-2015, 07:03 PM

Some think he us playing great now and he is only 1200 yards behind Greens best year.

Joe Montana on Alex smith:
"I love Alex. I really thought he should still be in SF but it is what it is. #Chiefs #49ers
1:23 p.m. Wed, Jan 22

https://mobile.twitter.com/bobfescoe/statuses/426102816877203456?screen_name=bobfescoe

to refresh your memory about what a gutsy decision Jim Harbaugh made in benching Smith for Kaepernick last fall, Smith was 27 of 29 (.931) for 313 yards, four touchdowns, no interceptions and a 151.2 rating in his final passes as a 49er.
http://mmqb.si.com/2013/09/23/aldon-smith-brian-hoyer-mmqb/3/

Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing19 Sep
Alex Smith's last 17 starts: 3 losses, 24 touchdowns, 5 interceptions.

Chiefshrink
12-27-2015, 07:03 PM

Absolutely agree.

I do love our scripted play calling in the first couple drives. After that it goes to shit.

Come on fellas, Andy doesn't want to reveal his full playbook before the playoffs:D

milkman
12-27-2015, 07:05 PM
And Chiefshrink chimes in with his typical idiocy.

BigCatDaddy
12-27-2015, 07:06 PM
[QUOTE=BigCatDaddy;11980080]

#Chiefs #49ers
1:23 p.m. Wed, Jan 22

https://mobile.twitter.com/bobfescoe/statuses/426102816877203456?screen_name=bobfescoe

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/09/23/aldon-smith-brian-hoyer-mmqb/3/

Nice. Too You could pick any 2 of his last 4 games and not get to those career game for ASS.

But yeah as whole his season wasnt anything special.

Coogs
12-27-2015, 07:06 PM
I don't think the 2nd half play calling was all that bad... or conservative on the whole.

After Cleveland cut it to 7:

Run for 3
Pass for 9
Pass for 19
Long pass to Maclin overthrown
Run for 4
Sack
Punt

Next possession starts at 3:

Run for 4
Pass for 7
Run for 3
Run for 6
Run for no gain on 3rd and 1
Punt

Last possession:

Used up Browns time outs and took time down to 2:00.
Punt

Defense held as a result.

Sandy Vagina
12-27-2015, 07:08 PM
Even though I am hard on the OL, I was still shocked to see so many stuffed (or minimal) runs against this "31st ranked run D."

Our OL was not winning in the trenches today.

New World Order
12-27-2015, 07:12 PM
You know it isn't good when your "franchise" quarterback is being compared to Kaepernick.

:(

ChiTown
12-27-2015, 07:14 PM

God bless you!

:clap:

tk13
12-27-2015, 07:19 PM

They used to target the RBs 125 times a year, or more, with Reid. One year they targeted Brian Westbrook, by himself, 118 times. Dwayne Bowe himself has only had more "targets" than that three times and he was a #1 WR. Reid hasn't changed in 17 years.

Screens.
More screens.
Bad clock management.

I don't know if it's really "conservative," but Reid wants to stretch the field horizontally and put guys in space to make plays. It has never changed. He wanted to trade for Alex Smith because Alex Smith could run the offense Reid wanted to run. Short passes, screens, protect the football.

Mr. Laz
12-27-2015, 07:19 PM

i'm pretty sure he was kidding this time.

Stooges

Chiefshrink
12-27-2015, 07:25 PM

Have you ever thought of trying a different brand of tampon?

Chiefshrink
12-27-2015, 07:27 PM

BINGO !!!

Chiefshrink
12-27-2015, 07:28 PM
i'm pretty sure he was kidding this time.

Stooges

:thumb:

splatbass
12-27-2015, 07:31 PM
This is bullshit

It isn't. Alex hate has made you blind.

Chiefshrink
12-27-2015, 07:32 PM
The two TDs by the offense in the first half were long drives that were fueled by Smith's arm and legs.

And that has been a consistent theme all year, right ?

milkman
12-27-2015, 07:35 PM
And that has been a consistent theme all year, right ?

There's a reason turnover margin is such a indicator of success, not only for the Chiefs, but for the entire league.

splatbass
12-27-2015, 07:36 PM
But yeah as whole his season wasnt anything special.

It was as good as Kap's.

It is funny how so many said they were better off with Kap - i.e. young, high ceiling, starting years after old Alex is out of the league, etc. How wrong could you guys be? VERY wrong.

WilliamTheIrish
12-27-2015, 07:37 PM

If he fixes his footwork and can stay healthy, he's an interesting prospect.

I suppose there's a chance he could emerge as a decent QB. Watching him, I just don't see a QB with his skill set being successful. He's going to get killed by defenses.

splatbass
12-27-2015, 07:38 PM
You know it isn't good when your "franchise" quarterback is being compared to Kaepernick.

:(

Not long ago people here were saying that we needed a franchise QB like Kap. Lot of stupid people on CP. Were you one of them?

RunKC
12-27-2015, 07:38 PM
For weeks I was wanting Andy to draw up a deep pass to Conley in single coverage bc of his athletic traits. Today we saw why.

The odds of that play being intercepted are low, and the odds of a catch at the high point, catch in general or PI is incredibly high.
Any 3rd or 4th CB isn't going to be able to keep up with his athleticism.

I want is to keep drawing that play up.

Mr. Laz
12-27-2015, 07:47 PM
For weeks I was wanting Andy to draw up a deep pass to Conley in single coverage bc of his athletic traits. Today we saw why.

The odds of that play being intercepted are low, and the odds of a catch at the high point, catch in general or PI is incredibly high.

You have to figure that the more you run them more accurate Alex is going to get at them as well.

Chiefshrink
12-27-2015, 07:48 PM

You keep drawing that play up and I will pray for at least mediocre pass blocking so that play can actually happen.;)

Beef Supreme
12-27-2015, 07:49 PM
No, the defense needs to get off the ****ing field once in a while and give the offense a chance.

The Offense needs to do better than 3 and out after the defense just held them to 3 points after being on the field for an eternity so that the defense can catch a fucking breather.

Chiefshrink
12-27-2015, 07:51 PM

I meant to say I really like your play:clap:

BigCatDaddy
12-27-2015, 07:53 PM
The Offense needs to do better than 3 and out after the defense just held them to 3 points after being on the field for an eternity so that the defense can catch a ****ing breather.

3 possesions for less than 60 yards would put you dead last in the league by far in avg yards per drive.

To put that in perspective yards per drive avg

Arizona 40 1st
KC 30 24th
Rams 25 last

splatbass
12-27-2015, 07:53 PM
The Offense needs to do better than 3 and out after the defense just held them to 3 points after being on the field for an eternity so that the defense can catch a fucking breather.

On average an NFL team gets 6 drives per half. We got 3 the second half. Half the normal opportunities to score. That is on the defense.

Chiefshrink
12-27-2015, 07:57 PM
On average an NFL team gets 6 drives per half. We got 3 the second half. Half the normal opportunities to score. That is on the defense.

And our defense has several significant players out correct ? Why? Because they are on the field way too much because to BCT's point the offense needs to be more consistent with much longer drives giving the D a rest. Broncos D is now feeling that effect big time these last few weeks.

splatbass
12-27-2015, 07:58 PM
3 possesions for less than 60 yards would put you dead last in the league by far in avg yards per drive.

To put that in perspective yards per drive avg

Arizona 40 1st
KC 30 24th
Rams 25 last

Those stats mean nothing. We have consistently won the field position battle, which makes comparisons to teams that don't apples and oranges.

BigCatDaddy
12-27-2015, 07:59 PM
And our defense has several significant players out correct ? Why? Because they are on the field way too much because to BCT's point the offense needs to be more consistent with much longer drives giving the D a rest. Broncos D is now feeling that effect big time these last few weeks.

Nailed it.

BigCatDaddy
12-27-2015, 08:00 PM
Those stats mean nothing. We have consistently won the field position battle, which makes comparisons to teams that don't apples and oranges.

It means as shitty as we normally are moving the ball we were 2/3 ad shitty today.

splatbass
12-27-2015, 08:01 PM

We have won the TOP battle this season, as I have pointed out to you before. Today was an anomaly. Last week you said the D is on the field 2/3 of the time, when we have actually had the ball around 53% of the time going into today. You have no idea what you are talking about.

splatbass
12-27-2015, 08:02 PM
Nailed it.

He did not. Look at TOP for the season. Until today we were winning it. I haven't looked at what today's game did to it though.

Beef Supreme
12-27-2015, 08:10 PM

They didn't even need to score. Just make a couple of fucking first downs so the defense can rest a minute. That long ass drive the Browns had was on the defense, but they did manage to hold them to 3 points. But then the offense goes 3 and out and makes the defense haul their tired asses right back out there.

Any subsequent suckage by the defense is partly the fault of the shitty offense.

chiefzilla1501
12-27-2015, 08:13 PM

Houston has his knee rolled into. And Hali hurt his thumb which last time I checked, isn't connected to his legs.

And using yards per drive is a useless measure when your defense is setting up multiple short fields a game.

I don't have the numbers in front of me. But I'm pretty sure the idea that we are doing poorly at TOP let alone bottom 10 during out winning streak sounds completely wrong to me.

Brock
12-27-2015, 08:15 PM
Punt
Punt
Punt

Defense didn't do its job

BigCatDaddy
12-27-2015, 08:20 PM
Houston has his knee rolled into. And Hali hurt his thumb which last time I checked, isn't connected to his legs.

And using yards per drive is a useless measure when your defense is setting up multiple short fields a game.

I don't have the numbers in front of me. But I'm pretty sure the idea that we are doing poorly at TOP let alone bottom 10 during out winning streak sounds completely wrong to me.

Right now Im just putting into perspective of how shitty 20 YPD was today.

Stats for the year is another debate.

Saccopoo
12-27-2015, 08:21 PM

The defense left the Brown's offense on the field for an entire quarter to start the second half. If the defense wants a breather, it better do a better job of keeping the oppositions offense off the fucking field.

splatbass
12-27-2015, 08:22 PM

We are currently #11 in the NFL at 30:45 a game. This is for the whole season, not just our winning streak. It was better than that before today, but we are still over 50% TOP on the season.

BigCatDaddy
12-27-2015, 08:22 PM
Punt
Punt
Punt

Should have given them 3 more punts/Splatbass.

Beef Supreme
12-27-2015, 08:24 PM
The defense left the Brown's offense on the field for an entire quarter to start the second half. If the defense wants a breather, it better do a better job of keeping the oppositions offense off the ****ing field.

How many times has our defense carried the water for our offense?

So they have a bad drive at the beginning of the second half and the offense can't even make a first down to let them catch their breath? Nice.

chiefzilla1501
12-27-2015, 08:28 PM
Right now Im just putting into perspective of how shitty 20 YPD was today.

Stats for the year is another debate.

You want it in perspective?

A 39 yard drive on a short field after an INT
A 9 yard play where we ran it three times
A 6 yard drive at the end of the game where Reid was running out the clock
A -5 yard drive driven by 2 offensive penalties forcing a 3rd and 24
A 20 yard drive killed by 2 run plays and a failed 3rd down run

I'm one hell of a stickler for 3rd down efficiency. But c'mon, man, Smith was about 50% today. He threw an INT on a long drive and there was one series where he overthrew Maclin on 1st down. But those 5 drives above are mistakes and playcalling, not Smith.

Chiefshrink
12-27-2015, 08:29 PM
Today was an anomaly.

An anomaly" Really? This game was almost the Bears part II. And to George's point last week about winning 8 in a row against 2nd string QB's and beat up teams is very true. So you feel comfortable with the offensive play calling and more importantly our offensive line play whether it be pass or run? Just watch next week against the Raiders, it will be a struggle I assure you. I hope not and I'm not trying to :Poke: you here either.

BigCatDaddy
12-27-2015, 08:30 PM

I'm one hell of a stickler for 3rd down efficiency. But c'mon, man, Smith was about 50% today. He threw an INT on a long drive and there was one series where he overthrew Maclin on 1st down. But those 5 drives above are mistakes and playcalling, not Smith.

Were those all 2nd half drives?

OnTheWarpath15
12-27-2015, 08:31 PM
Punt
Punt
Punt

LMAO

Only on CP.

Beef Supreme
12-27-2015, 08:33 PM

Who is trying to blame today's shitty second half offense on Smith?

chiefzilla1501
12-27-2015, 08:34 PM
Were those all 2nd half drives?

You said 20 YPD which I assume was referencing the entire game.

OnTheWarpath15
12-27-2015, 08:35 PM

58 2nd half yards over three drives.

tk13
12-27-2015, 08:36 PM
I still think you guys are all wrong. It always has to be blamed on one side of the ball. The offense couldn't sustain crap, Reid went into a shell, and the defense let Manziel run all over them and couldn't get off the field. I don't know why this has to be an either/or debate. All of these things happened. There's no need to white knight one side of the ball.

Chiefshrink

Who cares what kind of injuries they are, they eventually happen more often because they are on the field more often. The odds go up is my point !!!

chiefzilla1501
Who is trying to blame today's shitty second half offense on Smith?

BigCatDaddy is basically doing that

DaFace
12-27-2015, 08:37 PM
I still think you guys are all wrong. It always has to be blamed on one side of the ball. The offense couldn't sustain crap, Reid went into a shell, and the defense let Manziel run all over them and couldn't get off the field. I don't know why this has to be an either/or debate. All of these things happened. There's no need to white knight one side of the ball.

Stop trying to be sensible.

milkman
12-27-2015, 08:37 PM
Who cares what kind of injuries they are, they eventually happen more often because they are on the field more often. The odds go up is my point !!!

You've already been proven wrong on this false point.

chiefzilla1501
12-27-2015, 08:38 PM
58 2nd half yards over three drives.

I know the offense was not sharp in the second half. And I blame that mostly on Reid. Awful second half playcalling.

milkman
12-27-2015, 08:39 PM

A voice of reason.

BigCatDaddy
12-27-2015, 08:39 PM

Yards Per Drive. I was referencing the 2nd half and if you look closely you will see the title of thread is "Chiefs Tribute to the offense in the second half . Your post is about as relevant a post about the mating habits of the duck bill platypus.

Beef Supreme
12-27-2015, 08:40 PM
Johnny 8ball was clowning us. The defense deserves its fair share of blame. But a single first down from the offense is too much to ask, I suppose.

Chiefshrink
12-27-2015, 08:40 PM
I still think you guys are all wrong. It always has to be blamed on one side of the ball. The offense couldn't sustain crap, Reid went into a shell, and the defense let Manziel run all over them and couldn't get off the field. I don't know why this has to be an either/or debate. All of these things happened.

It's both I agree but more on the offense today especially when you know your pass rushers are out and you have the caucasian Michael Vick to contend with therefore you keep him off the field by sustaining drives. And psychologically they definitely played down to the competition and thought they did enough the first half and expected the Browns to quit because well they are the Browns. Who can get up for the Browns? Well, Champions do and I'm not sure the Chiefs played like Champions today.

stevieray
12-27-2015, 08:41 PM

Exactly. Win as a team, lose as a team. Each game is different. Sometimes it's a blow out, sometimes it's by the skin of your teeth.

Just too many variables at play on each and every play.

Brock
12-27-2015, 08:42 PM

If the offense was playing without Maclin and Kelce and stunk it up against one of the worst defenses in the league I'd cut them some slack.

BigCatDaddy
12-27-2015, 08:43 PM
BigCatDaddy is basically doing that

Where?

stevieray
12-27-2015, 08:43 PM
It's both I agree but more on the offense today especially when you know your pass rushers are out and you have the caucasian Michael Vick to contend with therefore you keep him off the field by sustaining drives. And psychologically they definitely played down to the competition and thought they did enough the first half and expected the Browns to quit because well they are the Browns. Who can get up for the Browns? Well, Champions do and I'm not sure the Chiefs played like Champions today.
These are the top 1500 football players, the moment you think any game is a gimme, is the moment when you're going to lose.

milkman
12-27-2015, 08:44 PM

Do you have any patients that have survived your bullshit?

Serious question.

tk13
If the offense was playing without Maclin and Kelce and stunk it up against one of the worst defenses in the league I'd cut them some slack.

I agree they're just getting by... but that was a 21 play, 12 minute drive. That doesn't fly. They're better than that.

In reality we should be complaining about special teams. That was on them. That fake punt changed the entire complexion of the game. We went from being in control to them being in control, and it never turned around on either side of the ball.

Chiefshrink
But a single first down from the offense is too much to ask, I suppose.

Yes it is, especially against the 31st ranked rushing defense.:rolleyes:

chiefzilla1501
12-27-2015, 08:47 PM
Yards Per Drive. I was referencing the 2nd half and if you look closely you will see the title of thread is "Chiefs Tribute to the offense in the second half . Your post is about as relevant a post about the mating habits of the duck bill platypus.

They only played 3 offensive possessions in the second half.

One drive was killed on a failed 3rd and 1 run.
Another was a 3 and out on the final drive where Andy Reid is trying to kill clock

These are the three series you want to scrutinize? We're basically talking about 2 drives, one of which killed on a 3rd and very short.

OnTheWarpath15
12-27-2015, 08:48 PM

I'm still wondering what we're blaming the defense for.

Giving up yards? Good Christ.

13 points allowed. Without Hali and Houston. And it's their fault our offense couldn't execute in the 2nd half.

TK, I understand where you're coming from and agree to an extent. But there are zero excuses for 58 yards of offense in a half and 125 yards passing against one of the worst pass defenses in football.

The offense left the D holding the bag yet again, and yet again they held up and saved the day.

chiefzilla1501
12-27-2015, 08:49 PM
Where?

Following all the posts you made this entire thread, it's easy to put 2 + 2 together

milkman
12-27-2015, 08:50 PM

13 points allowed. Without Hali and Houston. And it's their fault our offense couldn't execute in the 2nd half.

TK, I understand where you're coming from and agree to an extent. But there are zero excuses for 58 yards of offense in a half and 125 yards passing against one of the worst pass defenses in football.

The offense left the D holding the bag yet again, and yet again they held up and saved the day.

There is no excuse for either side of the ball, and the shit show they both put on.

This was a total team shit show.

stevieray
12-27-2015, 08:51 PM
...they protected the lead.

chiefzilla1501
12-27-2015, 08:54 PM
...they protected the lead.

Very poorly. It's become a common trend for Andy Reid to completely go away from what works when we lead, and run the middle/screen the team to death when we protect a lead. And it still hurts because it was this dumb shit that lost us to Indy in the playoffs two years ago.

Enough with protecting the lead. The team needs to go for the throat when they're up.

OnTheWarpath15
12-27-2015, 08:55 PM
There is no excuse for either side of the ball, and the shit show they both put on.

How is the defense a shit show, giving up 13 points?

The ST put them in a bad spot by giving up the fake punt. Otherwise, no one is saying shit about the defense. Instead, ridiculous people are making ridiculous statements about the defense playing poorly.

Thirteen points. Shit show.

Unreal.

OnTheWarpath15
12-27-2015, 08:56 PM
Very poorly. It's become a common trend for Andy Reid to completely go away from what works when we lead, and run the middle/screen the team to death when we protect a lead. And it still hurts because it was this dumb shit that lost us to Indy in the playoffs two years ago.

Enough with protecting the lead. The team needs to go for the throat when they're up.

Exactly. Start playing to win instead of playing not to lose.

By taking your foot off the gas, you're begging the other team to get back into the game.

stevieray
12-27-2015, 08:57 PM
Very poorly. .
No, that would've resulted in a loss. That is the defenses job.. to keep the offense out of the end zone.

....style points mean zilch.

OnTheWarpath15
12-27-2015, 08:58 PM
It's not the offense's job to protect the lead. It's the offense's job to continue to increase the lead.

Martyball has brainwashed the fuck out of some of you.

tk13
12-27-2015, 08:58 PM

I think the offense was terrible in the 2nd half. I don't disagree one bit. They started off fine but got out of rhythm. They were basically off the field for an hour. Browns had the ball to end the 1st half, then halftime, then they had a 6 minute drive to start the 2nd half. We had the ball for about 4 minutes, and then they had the 12 minute drive.

By that point we were about midway through the 4th quarter. The Chiefs had possessed the ball once in a quarter and a half, and we were now in milk the clock mode. I think you're all underestimating the impact a 12 minute drive has on the balance of a game. That's incredible.

stevieray
12-27-2015, 09:00 PM
It's not the offense's job to protect the lead.

Martyball has brainwashed the **** out of some of you.

NOBODY SAID THAT.

tk13
12-27-2015, 09:03 PM
How is the defense a shit show, giving up 13 points?

The ST put them in a bad spot by giving up the fake punt. Otherwise, no one is saying shit about the defense. Instead, ridiculous people are making ridiculous statements about the defense playing poorly.

Thirteen points. Shit show.

Unreal.

I don't think they were complete garbage, I'm certainly not arguing that. They held the fort and won the game. That's what you need to do to win playoff games... your defense has to hold up. I just think people are underestimating how a 21 play, 12 minute drive affects the balance of the game. There's no way you're winning TOP with a drive like that.

But, if you want to be difficult, they did allow 232 yards rushing to a team that averages 86 rushing yards a game. They were the 29th ranked rushing offense and had 4 rushing TDs all season coming into today. And they ran all over us. So not exactly a clean performance either.

splatbass
12-27-2015, 09:05 PM
An anomaly" Really? This game was almost the Bears part II. And to George's point last week about winning 8 in a row against 2nd string QB's and beat up teams is very true. So you feel comfortable with the offensive play calling and more importantly our offensive line play whether it be pass or run? Just watch next week against the Raiders, it will be a struggle I assure you. I hope not and I'm not trying to :Poke: you here either.

I was commenting on TOP, not offense.

OnTheWarpath15
12-27-2015, 09:05 PM
I don't think they were complete garbage, they held the fort and won the game. That's what you need to do to win playoff games... your defense has to hold up.

But they did allow 232 yards rushing to a team that averages 86 rushing yards a game. They were the 29th ranked rushing offense and had 4 rushing TDs all season coming into today. So not exactly a clean performance either.

100 of that was from the QB position.

And this defense is usually praised for being bend but don't break, yet here - when they do exactly that without their two best pass rushers - they were shitty.

stevieray
12-27-2015, 09:08 PM
They won.

splatbass
12-27-2015, 09:09 PM

I gave you the TOP for the season, which is still over 50% despite today's game, can you read?

The defense hasn't been on the field too much this season (excepting today). I've pointed this out to you two weeks in a row and you are still spouting the same false crap. WTF is wrong with you?

DaneMcCloud
12-27-2015, 09:09 PM
I think that most of you guys aren't taking into account the ENORMOUS pressure of winning NINE CONSECUTIVE GAMES.

If they had lost today, their season would have been on the line next week against the Raiders. With Houston and Hali hobbled, that would have been an extremely tricky proposition.

Now, it really doesn't matter. A win would be nice but it's not imperative.

The pressure has been relieved, which can be huge, mentally.

milkman
12-27-2015, 09:10 PM
100 of that was from the QB position.

And this defense is usually praised for being bend but don't break, yet here - when they do exactly that without their two best pass rushers - they were shitty.

The bottom line is that they didn't get a bad Cleveland offense off the field.

Looking at it the way you are, the Chiefs scored enough points to win, so it shouldn't matter how they looked otherwise.

But the fact is, both sides of the ball were garbage and only won because they played a crap team.

OnTheWarpath15
12-27-2015, 09:13 PM

Looking at it the way you are, the Chiefs scored enough points to win, so it shouldn't matter how they looked otherwise.

But the fact is, both sides of the ball were garbage and only won because they played a crap team.

This we can agree on, Milk.

splatbass
12-27-2015, 09:14 PM

This is truth.

splatbass
12-27-2015, 09:15 PM
How is the defense a shit show,

Time of possession.

Chiefshrink
12-27-2015, 09:16 PM
Time of possession.

There again:shrug:

milkman
12-27-2015, 09:16 PM
[/B]

This we can agree on, Milk.

Fuck you.

:D

DaneMcCloud
12-27-2015, 09:18 PM

The team was crap but Manziel is a difficult opponent because there's not much film on the guy.

He's a terrible pocket passer but he's like Tarkenton when it comes to scrambling.

An ugly win is still a win.

splatbass
12-27-2015, 09:22 PM
There again:shrug:

Yes, you have made the assertion that the defense has been on the field too long this season. I proved you wrong last week, and again this week. You are a slow learner.

Mr. Laz
12-27-2015, 09:24 PM

Charles
DaT
Grubbs
Oline been injured all year

bishop_74
12-27-2015, 09:28 PM
The team was crap but Manziel is a difficult opponent because there's not much film on the guy.

He's a terrible pocket passer but he's like Tarkenton when it comes to scrambling.

Manziel was nuts today. You need a harpoon just to keep that guy from gaining 8 yards per play.

Mr. Laz

How can our defensive coaching staff not have a priority plan on stopping Manziel from running?

YOU KNOW what Manziel's weaknesses and strengths are, the coaches get paid to know. Yet they had no plan starting off and then thought on-the-fly that Mauga could handle it. :eek:

The main defensive plan should have been stop the run,stop manziel from running ... force Cleveland to throw to beat us.

We clearly didn't have that plan in place.

Brock
Charles
DaT
Grubbs
Oline been injured all year

You may have dislocated your shoulder with that reach.

Mr. Laz
12-27-2015, 09:29 PM
Manziel was nuts today. You need a harpoon just to keep that guy from gaining 8 yards per play.
bullshit

spy with DJ or Berry and Manziel is dog food

Mr. Laz
12-27-2015, 09:29 PM
You may have dislocated your shoulder with that reach.
:moon:

BigCatDaddy
12-27-2015, 09:32 PM

Another was a 3 and out on the final drive where Andy Reid is trying to kill clock

These are the three series you want to scrutinize? We're basically talking about 2 drives, one of which killed on a 3rd and very short.

Again. You see the thread title?

NJChiefsFan
12-27-2015, 09:33 PM
How can our defensive coaching staff not have a priority plan on stopping Manziel from running?

YOU KNOW what Manziel's weaknesses and strengths are, the coaches get paid to know. Yet they had no plan starting off and then thought on-the-fly that Mauga could handle it. :eek:

The main defense plan should have been stop the run,stop manziel from running ... force Cleveland to throw to beat us.

The fourth down play near the redzone was unreal. I'm assuming Mauga was spying on him that play. I expect his sorry ass to not keep up, but he wasn't even in position. What the fuck did he think was gonna happen on that play.

BigCatDaddy
12-27-2015, 09:34 PM
Following all the posts you made this entire thread, it's easy to put 2 + 2 together

You saw post I made in this thread regarding ASS 2nd half play. Where?

DaneMcCloud
12-27-2015, 09:35 PM

The Chiefs failed to lose

chiefzilla1501
12-27-2015, 09:36 PM
Again. You see the thread title?

Uh, what? You asked about second half drives, which is the thread title, and I posted the second half drives. We basically had 2 drives and one "kill the clock" drive in the second half.

Mr. Laz
12-27-2015, 09:37 PM
The fourth down play near the redzone was unreal. I'm assuming Mauga was spying on him that play. I expect his sorry ass to not keep up, but he wasn't even in position. What the fuck did he think was gonna happen on that play.
I remember that play too.

It appeared that Mauga was spying. Then he just stands there while Manziel burns his ass. It was like Mauga was in a coma or something.

DJ or Berry would have kicked his ass, even Branch.

chiefzilla1501
12-27-2015, 09:38 PM
You saw post I made in this thread regarding ASS 2nd half play. Where?

You started the thread out posting about Alex Smith's ineffectiveness in a thread about the 2nd half. Pretty clear what your agenda has been.

BigCatDaddy
12-27-2015, 09:38 PM
Uh, what? You asked about second half drives, which is the thread title, and I posted the second half drives. We basically had 2 drives and one "kill the clock" drive in the second half.

LMAO

Mr. Laz
12-27-2015, 09:39 PM
The Chiefs failed to lose

:p

Chiefs win, nothing else matters.

Coogs
12-27-2015, 09:45 PM
It's not the offense's job to protect the lead. It's the offense's job to continue to increase the lead.

Martyball has brainwashed the fuck out of some of you.
First 4 plays of the second half went for 4,9,19, and a 40 yard bomb to our best WR that was slightly overthrown that would have been a score. How is that not trying to increase the lead?

Yes, we lost that possession on a sack and punt.

Next possession started on our own 3.

Last possession was to run Cleveland out of time outs, and let defense win it.

chiefzilla1501
12-27-2015, 09:45 PM
bullshit

spy with DJ or Berry and Manziel is dog food

I wouldn't go that far. Manziel has been pretty decent this year and it's largely been through the air. Manziel's greatest strength is throwing on the run so you can't necessarily cheat on him to run the ball. If he gets his game figured out, he's going to be a very interesting QB.

chiefzilla1501
12-27-2015, 09:49 PM
LMAO

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy View PostAgain. You see the thread title?

Uh... I'm missing something here because I have no idea what you're talking about.

NJChiefsFan
I remember that play too.

It appeared that Mauga was spying. Then he just stands there while Manziel burns his ass. It was like Mauga was in a coma or something.

DJ or Berry would have kicked his ass, even Branch.

It would have been one thing if Manziel juked him but on that play, 4TH DOWN, Manziel hiked it and just basically took off to the right and Mauga was nowhere to be seen.

DJ did get juked out a little on the one big Manziel run. Just saying that Manziel did well running today, even with Mauga's spying issues.

Mr. Laz
I wouldn't go that far. Manziel has been pretty decent this year and it's largely been through the air. Manziel's greatest strength is throwing on the run so you can't necessarily cheat on him to run the ball. If he gets his game figured out, he's going to be a very interesting QB.
Berry would have ripped Manziel's head off and shit down his neck

It would be ovah

splatbass
12-27-2015, 09:50 PM
Uh... I'm missing something here because I have no idea what you're talking about.

Nether does he.

BigCatDaddy
12-27-2015, 09:54 PM

Obviously and I couldn't make it more clear so I laughed and gave up.

Now on to that duck bill platypus.

Brock
12-27-2015, 09:57 PM

The subject of the thread is second half offense, thus his stubborn focus on second half offense