PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs We all have special Peters

Chiefs Pantalones
12-28-2015, 07:52 AM
@PFF Marcus Peters before the bye:
60.7% comp, 7 TDs 3 INTs, 101.7 rating.
Post bye:
41.4% comp, 0 TDs, 5 INTs, 25.7 passer rating allowed.

He's gotten better. No rookie wall to be seen. I like Peters.

ChiefGator
12-28-2015, 08:05 AM
Eight interceptions is just crazy.. hopefully he can pick off Carr next week and put himself in even more elite status.

Hoover
12-28-2015, 08:12 AM
One word: Playmaker.

Chiefs had a total of 6 interceptions last year. Peters has 8 alone this season.

Think about that for a second.

As a team we have 21.

hometeam
12-28-2015, 08:13 AM
This man is a fuckin beast.

hometeam
12-28-2015, 08:14 AM
One word: Playmaker.

Chiefs had a total of 6 interceptions last year. Peters has 8 alone this season.

Think about that for a second.

As a team we have 21.

Yes, and another one of those 21 was a direct catch off a deflected pass by Peters, plus a forced fumble.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-28-2015, 08:35 AM
@PFF #Chiefs CB Marcus Peters gave up just 2 receptions for 20 yards against the Browns, despite being targeted 9 times. Passer rating of 0.

WhawhaWhat
12-28-2015, 08:36 AM
The fact that they know which side of the field Marcus Peters will be on for every play and they are still throwing his direction says just as much about Sean Smith too.

The Chiefs have some great corners this year and Eric Berry is having his best year as well.

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-28-2015, 08:42 AM
We already knew you were a Peter s Lover.

threebag
12-28-2015, 08:45 AM
Hope he stays with us and doesn't go to Oaklandwhen his contract is up.

Halfcan
12-28-2015, 09:57 AM
@PFF #Chiefs CB Marcus Peters gave up just 2 receptions for 20 yards against the Browns, despite being targeted 9 times. Passer rating of 0.

Peters was the Only Chief on defense that had a good day.

jspchief
12-28-2015, 10:05 AM
Are you retarded?

scho63
12-28-2015, 10:13 AM
He needs to teach Eric Berry how to hold onto an INT

Hoopsdoc
12-28-2015, 10:16 AM
Mines shriveled and smells of hand.

Mav
12-28-2015, 10:30 AM

Oakland passed on him. As long as he keeps his head on straight he's gonna be a Chief.

Lzen
12-28-2015, 10:32 AM

2 words: Franchise tag

Rain Man
12-28-2015, 11:08 AM
I was impressed at the end of the game in the last-second scramble when Peters was yelling and gesturing for the other players to get across the line of scrimmage and line up to avoid an offsides penalty.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-28-2015, 11:12 AM
He's already stepped into a leadership and playmaking role on this defense. The future looks bright going forward for the core of the group.

Sean Smith is gonna be a really interesting and tough decision. Again, Trumaine Johnson looked reallllllly good yesterday for STL and that'd be a nice 2nd option if they can't afford SS.

scho63
12-28-2015, 11:17 AM
I think we wind up keeping Sean Smith

Mr. Laz
12-28-2015, 12:06 PM
I think we wind up keeping Sean Smith
i think we better or pickup an equivalent type guy

We don't have enough corners WITH sean smith. We are playing safety Ron Parker as a slot corner right now because our talent depth at corner is so bad.

Sean Smith
Marcus Peters
Ron Parker S/CB
Fleming
Steve Nelson
Marcus Cooper
Phillip Gaines - IR

Fleming,Nelson and Cooper are so bad right now that Sutton prefers to move a safety over to cornerback to avoid playing them. Ron Parker is not even that good at CB.

Gaines was good enough to start at slot during his rookie year but slot is a very different position in this system. I'm not sure we can just assume the he can slide over and start outside next year.

Cooper and Fleming need to go and we need to carry less safeties and more corners so that we can start developing some players there. Who knows what kind of player Nelson is, he's sucked so far.

Chief Northman
12-28-2015, 12:18 PM
Would not be shocked if we draft corner high again, especially if S Smith is allowed to walk. Gaines has yet to prove he is dependable from a health standpoint, and is best suited in the nickel anyhow (given you keep S Smith).

ThaVirus
12-28-2015, 12:19 PM
He needs to teach Eric Berry how to hold onto an INT

He's dropped a few himself.

One yesterday against Cleveland, a sure-fire pick 6 against Buffalo and probably another one or two I can't remember right now. I feel like he had to have dropped a handful in the two games we played against Denver this year. Peyton's been duck city all year.

DaFace
12-28-2015, 12:27 PM
If you watch his postgame interview (or the one about him making the pro bowl), you can see the influence that the vets have had in the locker room. He's just had another huge game, and he seems to downplay it due to the larger goal of the Super Bowl being out there. He's not the most well-spoken guy in the room, but here are the two I'm thinking of:

Pro Bowl reaction:
http://prod.video.chiefs.clubs.nfl.com//KC/videos/dct/video_audio/2015/12-December/122315---PC---22-Peters-500k.mp4

Postgame:
http://prod.video.chiefs.clubs.nfl.com//KC/videos/dct/video_audio/2015/12-December/122715---PC---22-Peters-500k.mp4

Rain Man
12-28-2015, 12:39 PM
Pretty impressive interviews, in my opinion. He's a savvy guy.

Saccopoo
12-28-2015, 12:43 PM
He's already stepped into a leadership and playmaking role on this defense. The future looks bright going forward for the core of the group.

Sean Smith is gonna be a really interesting and tough decision. Again, Trumaine Johnson looked reallllllly good yesterday for STL and that'd be a nice 2nd option if they can't afford SS.

Straight up trade Kelce for Xavier Rhodes. Problem solved.

Mr. Laz
12-28-2015, 12:45 PM
Straight up trade Kelce for Xavier Rhodes. Problem solved.
we don't have options at TE either

Oline,Cornerback and Tightend are positions we still need work on

Chiefs Pantalones
12-28-2015, 12:54 PM
Speaking of Kelce, the guy just seems off. He has little confidence it seems. He tries to hide it with his dancing and all that stuff but it seems to be just a show. Probably the least confident player heading to the Pro Bowl. A lot of talk, little walk.

Saccopoo
12-28-2015, 01:14 PM
we don't have options at TE either

Oline,Cornerback and Tightend are positions we still need work on

I agree, and I think that they are able to sign Sean Smith to a contract that is similar to what he's playing under right now.

I guess it depends on what you think you are able to do in the draft and then with Kelce's future contract versus finding a CB that would be able to work effectively in this system.

Rhodes is 25 and would be a perfect fit here and has one year left on his contract. Kelce is 26 and is going to the Pro Bowl and has one year left on his contract.

IMO, TE's are much easier to replace in this system than a CB.

Minnesota would love to have another weapon for Bridgewater. I think that you could even finagle the deal even more favorably for the Chiefs picking up a draft pick along with Rhodes.

Just talking in the hypothetical is all...

Saccopoo
12-28-2015, 01:21 PM
Speaking of Kelce, the guy just seems off. He has little confidence it seems. He tries to hide it with his dancing and all that stuff but it seems to be just a show. Probably the least confident player heading to the Pro Bowl. A lot of talk, little walk.

And I definitely don't think this. I think Kelce is pretty confident. Probably over confident, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

I like him a ton actually and I think he brings personality and vibe to the team, and teams need guys like that.

And he's obviously talented.

ChiefAshhole1056
12-28-2015, 01:49 PM
It's a lot easier to find a #2 CB then it is to find a weapon like Kelce.

InChiefsHeaven
12-28-2015, 01:57 PM

:spock:

Chiefs Pantalones
12-28-2015, 02:32 PM
It's probably because I and everybody wants him to be Gronk and stuff. He's still young and makes a lot of mistakes. But that's to be expected.

Saul Good
12-28-2015, 02:33 PM
Sean Smith has attained lockdown status. Nobody even targets him anymore. Watkins had some big plays against him, but he was well covered...just did an amazing job of catching it anyway.

Saul Good
12-28-2015, 02:38 PM

Last 2 games...
7 targets, 6 catches
8 targets, 6 catches

Smith has completed 70% of his passes on the season when throwing to Kelce, and he leads the league in yards after catch.

Saccopoo
12-28-2015, 02:44 PM
It's a lot easier to find a #2 CB then it is to find a weapon like Kelce.

For this defense?

I don't think so.

When Sutton has two corners that can effectively work in this system, it's a top five defense. When it doesn't, see the first four games of this season...

jonzie04
12-28-2015, 03:00 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Been 32 years since rookie CB had 8 INTs, like <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash">#Chiefs</a>&#39; Marcus Peters does. 2 of previous 5 to do it are in HOF.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/N?src=hash">#N</a>… <a href="https://t.co/lFl3uk3xaN">pic.twitter.com/lFl3uk3xaN</a></p>&mdash; NFL News (@dailynflstuff) <a href="https://twitter.com/dailynflstuff/status/681562402849222656">December 28, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

jonzie04
12-28-2015, 03:04 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Marcus Peters is 9th ALL-TIME in single season Int. return yards. With one game to play.</p>&mdash; Brandon (@quecmo) <a href="https://twitter.com/quecmo/status/681549044355698688">December 28, 2015</a></blockquote>

jonzie04
12-28-2015, 03:06 PM
"Since that bye Peters has the second-lowest completion percentage into his coverage in the NFL, and the second-lowest passer rating allowed among corners, and when all of his coverage numbers are put together might have been statistically the league’s most impressive cover corner over that time, not just the best rookie."

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/12/28/pro-marcus-peters-has-been-a-star-in-the-second-half-of-the-season/

About time these european assholes pay a little respect.

Meatloaf
12-28-2015, 03:10 PM
I was impressed at the end of the game in the last-second scramble when Peters was yelling and gesturing for the other players to get across the line of scrimmage and line up to avoid an offsides penalty.

I thought the same thing Rain Man. Kid has a very high football IQ.

JohnnyHammersticks
12-28-2015, 03:35 PM
I'm a big Peters guy.

Hoover
12-28-2015, 03:37 PM
If you could re-draft he would have easily been a top 5 pick.

hometeam
12-28-2015, 03:37 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Been 32 years since rookie CB had 8 INTs, like <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash">#Chiefs</a>&#39; Marcus Peters does. 2 of previous 5 to do it are in HOF.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/N?src=hash">#N</a>… <a href="https://t.co/lFl3uk3xaN">pic.twitter.com/lFl3uk3xaN</a></p>&mdash; NFL News (@dailynflstuff) <a href="https://twitter.com/dailynflstuff/status/681562402849222656">December 28, 2015</a></blockquote>

Yea, and all those happened when you could mug the SHIT out of receivers.

hometeam
12-28-2015, 03:38 PM
If you could re-draft he would have easily been a top 5 pick.

#3 overall behind the QBs~

ThaVirus
12-28-2015, 04:53 PM
Sean Smith has attained lockdown status. Nobody even targets him anymore. Watkins had some big plays against him, but he was well covered...just did an amazing job of catching it anyway.

He's been a shutdown corner for a while now.

I have to say it's a pretty awesome duo he and Peters make. One guy who no one even bothers to throw toward and another who is as opportunistic as they come.

Throw in the fact that we're one of the best in the league at defending the TE and offenses legitimately don't have many options when they face us.

Mr. Laz
12-28-2015, 04:57 PM

That's why Peters leads the league in targets even though he also leads the league in PD and has 8 ints. All that and it's still better than Sean Smith to opposing QBs.

We need to keep him AND replace Cooper and Fleming with better players.

enough with using Ron Parker as a corner already

OldSchool
12-28-2015, 05:02 PM
Imagine if we still had a healthy Philip Gaines as well.

Mr. Laz
12-28-2015, 05:05 PM
Imagine if we still had a healthy Philip Gaines as well.

yep

and/or didn't keep shitty fleming,cooper and Nelson around for special teams

Only had 3 guys on the roster that could cover worth a shit.