PDA

View Full Version : Football Most appealing HC opening

O.city
01-03-2016, 11:16 AM
Which rumored opening would you, as a potential HC candidate be the most interested in?

What are you predictions on who goes where?

O.city
01-03-2016, 11:18 AM
I'd say the Giants job would be the best, unless grigson is gone in indy, then I'd say indy.

I'm gonna say Sean Peyton to NY, chip to San Fran and drew Brees to denver

Pasta Little Brioni
01-03-2016, 11:18 AM
Fire Fisher...dump turds Keenum, Foles and that's an interesting job.

Rams Fan
01-03-2016, 11:19 AM
If I were a HC candidate, I'd want to go to Philly.

TEN has questions regarding ownership and a GM who has now presided over 5 wins in 2 seasons.

Cleveland. LMAO

SF is a mess until York is gone.

Miami is Cleveland South.

nychief
01-03-2016, 11:20 AM
Any team with a QB. 1. Indy 2. Giants 3. Titans 4. Browns (1/2 pick - new QB). 5. Miami

O.city
Thr rams would be but it's looking like they'll keep fisher.

Would be a good place for peyton, accept he'd have to play behind a shitty ol in a division full of nasty defenses

DenverChief
I'd say the Giants job would be the best, unless grigson is gone in indy, then I'd say indy.

LMAO. Bree's to Denver isn't happening. SF is going to be stuck with a bunch of low level nobody's (like the raiders) as long as Baalke is running the show.

Rams Fan
Fire Fisher...dump turds Keenum, Foles and that's an interesting job.

Fuck Fisher. I'm tired of his mediocrity bullshit. If they win today, they'll finally be at 8-8 for the first time since 2006.

Also, fuck Kroenke.

O.city
01-03-2016, 11:21 AM
I'd say indy of grigson is gone.

Nyg os gotta be up there

O.city
01-03-2016, 11:22 AM
LMAO. Bree's to Denver isn't happening. SF is going to be stuck with a bunch of low level nobody's (like the raiders) as long as Baalke is running the show.

Brees is done in new orleans, I almost guarantee he ends up in denver.

Because chiefs and they have alot of big money coming off the cap

MotherfuckerJones
01-03-2016, 11:23 AM
For me, it's Indianapolis because of Luck.

notorious
01-03-2016, 11:23 AM
San Fran is fucked.

They ran off a very successful coach. Nobody want to put up with that shit.

wazu
01-03-2016, 11:24 AM
Indy by a mile. Next is Tennessee. Gotta have a QB.

DenverChief
01-03-2016, 11:25 AM
San Fran is ****ed.

They ran off a very successful coach. Nobody want to put up with that shit.

Exactly. I heard in the radio the other day that Baalke is coming to practices and "coaching" the DBs. Wtf over.

O.city
01-03-2016, 11:27 AM
I'd like to see someone good in tennessee

DenverChief
01-03-2016, 11:28 AM
Brees is done in new orleans, I almost guarantee he ends up in denver.

Because chiefs and they have alot of big money coming off the cap

Bree's is scheduled to make 19.7 million in 2016. They would take a $10 million cap hit to release him. He isn't a UFA until 2017

Rausch
01-03-2016, 11:29 AM
For me, it's Indianapolis because of Luck.

No way.

Luck is a turnover machine and the next HC will have to fix that.

So it's a lose-lose. If you promote the running game/defense you lose and if he doesn't improve at turning the ball over you lose.

Luck is a HC landmine...

O.city
01-03-2016, 11:30 AM
Bree's is scheduled to make 19.7 million in 2016. They would take a $10 million cap hit to release him. He isn't a UFA until 2017

He's either taking a pay cut or they'll eat it, according to glasor I think it was.

MotherfuckerJones
01-03-2016, 11:31 AM
I'd like to see someone good in tennessee

That's my second favorite.

MotherfuckerJones
01-03-2016, 11:32 AM
He's either taking a pay cut or they'll eat it, according to glasor I think it was.

On Fox, Brees counts $30 mil against the cap next year. Holy shit

O.city
01-03-2016, 11:33 AM
I know he's a patriotard, but McDaniels would be good for one of these young qbs.

If I were the colts, I'd send a blank check to David shaw

DenverChief
01-03-2016, 11:34 AM

I doubt he is gonna take a pay cut - he just restructured last year. I don't know that Denver is gonna trade for a 36 yo QB. His current cap hit is $33 million if released, so I'm assuming that they would have to wait until after the 2015 season officially ends and 2016 begins. June 1?

MotherfuckerJones
01-03-2016, 11:34 AM
I know he's a patriotard, but McDaniels would be good for one of these young qbs.

If I were the colts, I'd send a blank check to David shaw

That was my guy at 1-5 firing Andy Reid lol...I knew Reid was going nowhere I was just pissed off at the team. I really like David Shaw.

DenverChief
01-03-2016, 11:36 AM
On Fox, Brees counts $30 mil against the cap next year. Holy shit

Maybe I'm reading it wrong. But it looks like 30M this year and 10M next

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-orleans-saints/drew-brees/

O.city
01-03-2016, 11:37 AM
I doubt he is gonna take a pay cut - he just restructured last year. I don't know that Denver is gonna trade for a 36 yo QB. His current cap hit is $33 million if released, so I'm assuming that they would have to wait until after the 2015 season officially ends and 2016 begins. June 1?

I dunno how it will be done, just know whoever on nfln just said they expect him to be gone

Quesadilla Joe
01-03-2016, 11:45 AM
Indy is the correct answer. Having a franchise QB is the best job security a coach can have.

O.city
01-03-2016, 11:46 AM
Although looking at ny, Eli is getting up there age wise

Rausch
01-03-2016, 11:46 AM

No...

TimBone
01-03-2016, 11:51 AM
I'd love the Indy job with Luck if they got rid of that GM.

Also, anyone championing Brees to Denver needs to take a look at his stats when not in a dome. He's not that great.

BigMeatballDave
01-03-2016, 11:52 AM
Fire Fisher...dump turds Keenum, Foles and that's an interesting job.LOL remember how much Clay was pimping Fisher?

Brock
01-03-2016, 11:54 AM
No way.

Luck is a turnover machine and the next HC will have to fix that.

So it's a lose-lose. If you promote the running game/defense you lose and if he doesn't improve at turning the ball over you lose.

Luck is a HC landmine...

I'd have to have some commitment from the gm that they're going to rebuild the defense. Luck is going to be a great qb, they just put too much on him too fast.

GloucesterChief
01-03-2016, 11:55 AM
I'd love the Indy job with Luck if they got rid of that GM.

Also, anyone championing Brees to Denver needs to take a look at his stats when not in a dome. He's not that great.

Exactly. It is a weak division but lots of work needed on O-Line and D.

Saccopoo
01-03-2016, 11:58 AM
I'd have to have some commitment from the gm that they're going to rebuild the offensive line. Luck is going to be a great qb, they just put too much on him too fast.

FYP

Other than LT Costanzo, they haven't done a god damn thing to protect him. He's got more weapons that the US Navy on offense but the OL is atrocious, and that leads to hasty decisions which leads to turnovers.

Brock
01-03-2016, 11:59 AM
FYP

Other than LT Costanzo, they haven't done a god damn thing to protect him. He's got more weapons that the US Navy on offense but the OL is atrocious, and that leads to hasty decisions which leads to turnovers.

Yes, that too.

RunKC
01-03-2016, 12:01 PM
As long as Baalke is in SF it's a horrible situation. If he leaves, it wouldn't be a bad job.
I would not want to work for a drunk ass owner in Indy. Sure Luck is there, but that's almost all they have besides Hilton.

I think the Titans job would be very enticing as well. They have their QB, a fairly nice team and the first overall pick to get Tunsil or Bosa.

FloridaMan88
01-03-2016, 12:06 PM
NY Giants by far. They have patient/stable ownership, a franchise QB who still has a few good years left and enough talent that you can win right away.

Tennessee is not as attractive as it would seem because they have a very unstable ownership situation at the moment.

Indy, even with the presence of Andrew Luck, is held back by an unstable (mentally) owner.

The Dolphins, 49ers, and Browns are all train wrecks. The Saints is a train wreck as well with a crazy ownership situation and a roster looking at a complete rebuild.

O.city
01-03-2016, 12:07 PM
I'd say the Giants but outside of Eli and beckham, what else is there?

Rausch
01-03-2016, 12:09 PM
I'd have to have some commitment from the gm that they're going to rebuild the defense. Luck is going to be a great qb, they just put too much on him too fast.

Such is the problem of every QB drafted in the last 7 or so years...

Rausch
01-03-2016, 12:09 PM
I'd say the Giants but outside of Eli and beckham, what else is there?

Nothing.

Which is why it's a mess and a horrid place for a HC to make their mark...

tk13
01-03-2016, 12:11 PM
Eli Manning is 35 years old. I wouldn't exactly call that a bright future. He may have a couple years left though. When you get in that 37-39 year old range though, guys can fall apart pretty quick.

Rams Fan
01-03-2016, 12:11 PM
Such is the problem of every QB drafted in the last 7 or so years...

Unless, you know, you invest in the OL and have a vision with how to develop said QB instead of leaving him to the wolves.

See: Wilson, Cam, Carr, Dalton

milkman
01-03-2016, 12:12 PM
LOL remember how much Clay was pimping Fisher?

There were a ton of people here that pimped Fisher.

GloucesterChief
01-03-2016, 12:14 PM

The real genius in Tenn was McNair?

Brock
01-03-2016, 12:16 PM

There were a few, but clay was pretty vociferous about fisher for some reason, despite his very mediocre results.

KChiefs1
01-03-2016, 12:16 PM
Indy is the best job due to Luck.

FloridaMan88
01-03-2016, 12:17 PM
Indy is the best job due to Luck.

Working for Jim Irsay is not appealing.

FloridaMan88
01-03-2016, 12:18 PM
There were a few, but clay was pretty vociferous about fisher for some reason, despite his very mediocre results.

Fisher entered into the discussion during the offseason when the choice was between promoting Romeo from interim to permanent HC or going outside of the organization.

The choice to promote Romeo obviously was not the correct one.

milkman
01-03-2016, 12:18 PM
The real genius in Tenn was McNair?

McNair as a pretty damn good QB, and if you have a pretty damn QB as a HC, you should have had a shit ton more success than Fisher in Tennesee.

Other than the SB season, that team was mediocre or worse for most of his tenure there.

ChiefsCountry
01-03-2016, 12:19 PM

We hired Romeo Crennel. Fisher is Vince Lombardi compared to him.

Rams Fan
01-03-2016, 12:21 PM
Andy Reid's like Bill Walsh compared to Fisher.

Edit: That's not a knock on Reid. Fisher's just that inept offensively that almost any coach who has an above average offense looks like a genius compared to him.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-03-2016, 12:21 PM
I'd want the Cleveland job. First thing I'd do is sign Manziel to a 5 year extension. 2nd thing I'd do is Party like a Rock star. Johnny can get the babes.

Brock
01-03-2016, 12:23 PM

The choice wasn't crennel vs. fisher, it was crennel vs. all possible candidates. I did not want crennel or fisher.

milkman
01-03-2016, 12:29 PM

As I said then, neither option was acceptable, but if I had to choose, I would choose Crennel.

Not because I expected that he would be better, but because when he failed, he would be fired in short order.

We would most likely be still stuck with Fisher today.

Lightrise
01-03-2016, 12:36 PM
If ST Louis was headed to LA that would be my choice, otherwise Tennessee

Al Bundy
01-03-2016, 12:46 PM

Definitely the best defense of the bunch.

Lightrise
01-03-2016, 12:47 PM

Interesting destinations and feels credible to me. I had been thinking Chip to TN believing the owner there won't pass up the chance to hopefully bring stability...lessons learned. I see Payton to Dallas but he won't pass up Indy if they call. I totally agree that Brees could be in Denver, but don't be surprised if Mike Shanahan ends up with the 49ers.

As for the Browns...gosh I don't know, its such a mess there. Could be Shula LOL

tk13
01-03-2016, 12:49 PM
Working for Jim Irsay is not appealing.

Yeah, but the way it stands now... what's the league going to look like in 3 years? Both Mannings, Brees, Rivers, Romo will probably all be out of the league or at least 37+ years old.

Rodgers will be 35 although he'll probably still be productive. Brady will be 41. Palmer will be 39. Ryan and Flacco will be in their mid-30s. How many young in their prime QBs will be left? Luck, Wilson, Newton. Dalton?

Al Bundy
01-03-2016, 12:58 PM
Buccaneers head coach position could come open as well.

FloridaMan88
01-03-2016, 01:23 PM

Stan Kroenke may be the worst owner in the NFL.

The Rams could be playing in St. Louis, LA, London, or Mars and it wouldn't change the fact that Kroenke is a horrible owner.

nychief
01-03-2016, 01:23 PM
Buccaneers head coach position could come open as well.

Lovie isn't getting fired.

MahiMike
01-03-2016, 01:25 PM
Tennessee of course. Marcus Mariota will be in the HOF. Add a #1 pick and a free agent WR or 2 and you could win the division in the 1st season.

RealSNR
01-03-2016, 01:27 PM
Wasn't there a rumor that Pete Carroll wanted to go back to college after this season? Or possibly even retire?

That would be a hell of a job. But boy, there'd be pressure on you not to fuck it up. If you did, you'd never get an NFL HC job again.

Easy 6
01-03-2016, 01:27 PM
1a) Indy, because of Luck obviously.

1b) Giants, because its a first class organization.

Rams Fan
01-03-2016, 01:38 PM
Stan Kroenke may be the worst owner in the NFL.

The Rams could be playing in St. Louis, LA, London, or Mars and it wouldn't change the fact that Kroenke is a horrible owner.

Kroenke doesn't interfere with anything and spends a bunch of money, which is good.

But he won't do anything unless the team is absolutely ran into the ground, which isn't good.

And he is about to abandon STL for LA.

RealSNR
01-03-2016, 01:41 PM
Kroenke doesn't interfere with anything and spends a bunch of money, which is good.

But he won't do anything unless the team is absolutely ran into the ground, which isn't good.

And he is about to abandon STL for LA.

The Royals proved that you can win with that type of owner as long as you've got innovative people doing the dirty work of what makes a franchise successful.

I'd rather coach for the Rams and their owner than work with a shitbag tandem like Grigson and Irsay.

Rams Fan
01-03-2016, 01:46 PM
The Royals proved that you can win with that type of owner as long as you've got innovative people doing the dirty work of what makes a franchise successful.

I'd rather coach for the Rams and their owner than work with a shitbag tandem like Grigson and Irsay.

I agree, I'd rather have an owner who doesn't interfere.

But Kroenke has only made 1 or 2 big decisions regarding the football staff since he's been majority owner, which is firing Spags and Devaney and hiring Fisher.

And it's clear that Fisher isn't the right guy and should be gone. But he won't be fired as he(Kroenke) has more important things to take care of, like moving to LA.

jspchief
01-03-2016, 01:55 PM
If I were a HC candidate, I'd want to go to Philly.

TEN has questions regarding ownership and a GM who has now presided over 5 wins in 2 seasons.

Cleveland. LMAO

SF is a mess until York is gone.

Miami is Cleveland South.
How is philly a good job. That team is completely devoid of talent.

Rams Fan
01-03-2016, 02:02 PM
How is philly a good job. That team is completely devoid of talent.

Lurie doesn't really seem to intervene with personnel decisions, the talent isn't as awful as you make it out to be on offense. Need to decide whether Bradford's the guy or not(which I don't think he is). Defensively, it's a different matter. Overall, I'd rather go there instead of Cleveland(circus), Tennessee(unstable ownership situation), Miami(Clevelandv2.0), San Francisco(Jed York), Indy(Grigson and Irsay).

If the Giants became open, which for whatever reason I blanked on Coughlin being gone, I would think that would be more desirable than Philly. But Philly isn't a bad destination.

jspchief
01-03-2016, 02:02 PM
Between Mariota and the division, Tennessee looks pretty appealing to me.

Rams already have a defense but tough division and instability.

Agree that NYG is a quality organization but they have v failed miserably in adding talented players. Lot of work there.

kccrow
01-03-2016, 02:03 PM
I'd have to say the Giants. Decent ownership. Might get a new GM to work with. Cap space. Decent enough QB to win with.

Al Bundy
01-03-2016, 02:05 PM
Lovie isn't getting fired.

No one thought Gruden was getting fired before he did.

GloucesterChief
01-03-2016, 02:05 PM
Between Mariota and the division, Tennessee looks pretty appealing to me.

Jax is getting better, Colts will be better if someone with half a clue was their GM, and the Texans haven't totally Patriot Wayed yet.

Agree that NYG is a quality organization but they have v failed miserably in adding talented players. Lot of work there.

Front Office needs cleaning. They haven't hit on a lot of talent with the exception of ODB.

jspchief
01-03-2016, 02:09 PM
Jax is getting better, Colts will be better if someone with half a clue was their GM, and the Texans haven't totally Patriot Wayed yet.

Front Office needs cleaning. They haven't hit on a lot of talent with the exception of ODB.
Actually true about Jax. If they can get a defense they might be poised for a nice run.

Deberg_1990
01-03-2016, 02:26 PM
Dallas Cowboys??

GloucesterChief
01-03-2016, 02:28 PM
Dallas Cowboys??

Jones doesn't hire anybody but Yes Men.

staylor26
01-03-2016, 02:30 PM
Tennessee. Unless Grigson is gone in Indy. An offensive minded coach would be getting Mariota at QB and possibly Horton as DC.

ILChief
01-03-2016, 02:30 PM
Colts and it isn't close. Young stud quarterback and crap division

Rams Fan
01-03-2016, 09:04 PM
Tomsula officially fired, per Adam Caplan.

Coochie liquor
01-03-2016, 09:09 PM
Tennessee, they have a possible franchise qb, and the number 1 pick.

GloucesterChief
01-03-2016, 09:18 PM
Not Cleveland.

scho63
01-04-2016, 03:07 PM
You know it's been too long since you've had sex when you look at the title of this thread and think HC opening stands for "Hot Cooch" opening...

KC_Lee
01-04-2016, 03:13 PM
Tennessee. Unless Grigson is gone in Indy. An offensive minded coach would be getting Mariota at QB and possibly Horton as DC.

Tennessee, they have a possible franchise qb, and the number 1 pick.

The issue with TN is that ownership is such a mess that a good HC candidate might be wary of signing on long term.