PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs BES Report: Chiefs Ranked 5th ...Texans Ranked 9th

SAGA45
01-06-2016, 12:17 PM
Week 17 BES Rankings: Final Issue of 2015 - http://besreport.com/week-17-bes-rankings-final-issue-of-2015/

FAQ - http://besreport.com/about-the-bes/

About Me - http://besreport.com/about-the-bes/about-desmond-bailey/

The Chiefs finished the season ranked No. 5, highest among all AFC playoff teams. They also finished 5th in Football Outsiders' DVOA rankings. Texans finished with a 9th-place ranking. This doesn't guarantee the Chiefs will win but the accuracy in predictability of the BES rankings has been heating up quite a bit over the last few weeks.

The BES closes the 2015-2016 season with three consecutive weeks posting an 11-5 record or better (was 12-4 in Week 15) picking winners based strictly off its rankings. On the season, from Weeks 3-17, the BES was 133-91 (.594) in predictability. That’s not bad…not great…but not bad. However, the 34-14 (.708) mark in the season’s final three weeks is impressive heading into the playoffs. Last year, the BES was 7-3 (.700) in the postseason based on its final Week 17 rankings (http://www.facebook.com/besreport/posts/744734118968105:0), including an accurate Super Bowl prediction of a Patriots victory.

The BES, moreso than arguably anything else, attempts to measure team performance and momentum from week-to-week. As it stands, the Chiefs have the most momentum of any AFC playoff team whereas the Broncos (No. 18) have the least, according to the Week 17 BES Rankings.

DaFace
01-06-2016, 12:30 PM
I really want to get excited, but fear that we'll somehow fumble the ball to a 350lb defensive lineman on the 1 yard line at the critical point in the game and watch him run 99 yards for the game winning TD.

Somehow, some way, the Chiefs find ways to lose.

But man I hope this is the end of the curse.

MotherfuckerJones
01-06-2016, 12:32 PM
I really want to get excited, but fear that we'll somehow fumble the ball to a 350lb defensive lineman on the 1 yard line at the critical point in the game and watch him run 99 yards for the game winning TD.

This is how I pretty much feel.

DaFace
01-06-2016, 12:36 PM
This is how I pretty much feel.

I'm just trying to think of what other bizarre way we can find to lose a game. Maybe something related to a recent rule change this time - blocked XP returned for 2 points or something?

SAGA45
01-06-2016, 12:45 PM

This scared me. So I Just checked the Texans roster. They have no DL 350+. So this can not happen. I feel better now.

Coochie liquor
01-06-2016, 12:46 PM
I'm just trying to think of what other bizarre way we can find to lose a game. Maybe something related to a recent rule change this time - blocked XP returned for 2 points or something?

Maybe some music city miracle stuff??

MMXcalibur
01-06-2016, 12:50 PM

This as well.

MotherfuckerJones
01-06-2016, 12:51 PM

Denver week 2. Special teams scores. Those are about the only ways.

DaFace
01-06-2016, 12:53 PM
This scared me. So I Just checked the Texans roster. They have no DL 350+. So this can not happen. I feel better now.
Ha. At least we've eliminated that possibility.

kepp
01-06-2016, 12:54 PM

And that tub of goo Wilfork won't make it 20 yards without towing an oxygen tank behind him.

TEX
01-06-2016, 01:16 PM
Denver week 2. Special teams scores. Those are about the only ways.

Yep...And our FG kicker has NOT been looking all that stellar when he decides NOT to kick the ball...:shake:

Halfcan
01-06-2016, 01:27 PM
Another great write up!! Thanks for posting your work!

DJ's left nut
01-06-2016, 01:30 PM

The 'catch' rule ends up being arbitrarily used to overturn a GW touchdown grab by Kelce that instead turns into a fumble which leads to a gamewinning strike to Hopkins that is also reversed, this time from from an incomplete pass to a catch after yet another coinflip decision on the catch rule.

Frosty
01-06-2016, 01:33 PM
Yep...And our FG kicker has NOT been looking all that stellar when he decides NOT to kick the ball...:shake:

That was on the long snapper, not Santos. Santos has been fine.

scho63
01-06-2016, 03:50 PM

ME TOO! :clap:

SAGA45
01-06-2016, 04:08 PM
Another great write up!! Thanks for posting your work!

No problem! I'm glad you enjoyed it! :thumb:

Coochie liquor
01-06-2016, 04:38 PM
The 'catch' rule ends up being arbitrarily used to overturn a GW touchdown grab by Kelce that instead turns into a fumble which leads to a gamewinning strike to Hopkins that is also reversed, this time from from an incomplete pass to a catch after yet another coinflip decision on the catch rule.

Because Chiefs...

SAGA45
01-10-2016, 01:12 AM

Tis the end of the curse. But they have to keep the winnin goin. Pats up next.