PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs If Alex Smith wins a playoff game with the Chiefs I'll...

UK_Chief
01-10-2016, 03:24 PM
Come on guys, who made an Alex Smith playoff win wager? Time to own up and take your punishment

Dinny Bossa Nova
01-10-2016, 03:28 PM
hoo dang

Dinny

J Diddy
01-10-2016, 03:30 PM
It's almost worth letting Clay in just so he can swallow....

Before you make him go home in the morning.

Dinny Bossa Nova
01-10-2016, 03:37 PM

cough:JohnV:cough

Dinny

MMXcalibur
01-10-2016, 03:39 PM
...have intimate relations with Jessica Alba.

...fine, I'll own up to it.

Mr. Laz
01-10-2016, 03:55 PM
Don't expect people to be lining up.

The next time we lose they will be screaming 'alex smiff' again as if all this winning had never happened.

Hell, some of them start up with the same ol' shit after a single bad throw.

They will never change ... fuck'em

el borracho
01-11-2016, 12:04 PM
say, "Great job, defense!"

Mr. Laz
01-11-2016, 12:27 PM
If Alex Smith wins a playoff game with the Chiefs I'll ... say, "Great job, defense!"

Agreed!/Russell Wilson

ModSocks
01-11-2016, 12:29 PM

Clay isn't ready yet. He's had his excuse list prepared for the past two weeks now.

Frosty
01-11-2016, 12:35 PM
say, "Great job, defense!"

Brian Hoyer says "Damn. Why didn't that work for me?"

Marcellus
01-11-2016, 12:43 PM
Brian Hoyer says "Damn. Why didn't that work for me?"

Greatest defensive player in the history of mankind on his team and they lose by 30.

Impossible.

Frosty
01-11-2016, 12:45 PM
Greatest defensive player in the history of mankind on his team and they lose by 30.

Impossible.

According to some before the game, Smith and Hoyer were a wash so it much mean that the Chiefs' defense >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Houston's defense.

Gonzo
01-11-2016, 12:49 PM
You know, I had nothing to do with drizzle-dicks banning but I must admit it's been much more pleasant around here.

Marcellus
01-11-2016, 01:02 PM
According to some before the game, Smith and Hoyer were a wash so it much mean that the Chiefs' defense >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Houston's defense.

Detoxing is still confused.

dls6501
01-11-2016, 01:27 PM
According to some before the game, Smith and Hoyer were a wash

Links?

Frosty
01-11-2016, 01:46 PM
Links?

Starts here

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=11998831&postcount=241

Mav
01-11-2016, 01:51 PM
Jesus. Detoxing clearly jumped the shark.

Rausch
01-11-2016, 01:52 PM
I made one and lost.

I bet on draft day Geno would win a playoff game before Alex.

Now I have to buy and wear a Smith jersey to work...

ModSocks
01-11-2016, 01:59 PM

I also stated that i thought Smith would have a better game and that our Defense would crush Hoyer because of the matchups. I said that multiple times.

The NFL is about matchups, and game outcomes are determined by that. Whether Smith & Hoyer are a wash in terms of production doesn't matter.

So im still right. Sorry.

And for the record, i've been wanting the Patriots for well over a month now...because matchups.

As i've been saying for weeks now, the Chiefs are going to the SB. The cards are falling exactly how they need to.

The Steelers will beat five head and Chiefs will host the AFCCG.

O.city
01-11-2016, 02:00 PM
I also stated that i thought Smith would have a better game and that our Defense would crush Hoyer because of the matchups. I said that multiple times.

The NFL is about matchups, and game outcomes are determined by that. Whether Smith & Hoyer are a wash in terms of production doesn't matter.

So im still right. Sorry.

And for the record, i've been wanting the Patriots for well over a month now...because matchups.

As i've been saying for weeks now, the Chiefs are going to the SB. The cards are falling exactly how they need to.

The Steelers will beat five head and Chiefs will host the AFCCG.

And we've been saying for months you're and idiot

:D

ModSocks
01-11-2016, 02:01 PM
And we've been saying for months you're and idiot

:D

Hey don't hate the player, hate the game. I can't help it when some people want to be selective about my arguments.

KC_Lee
01-11-2016, 02:05 PM
Come on guys, who made an Alex Smith playoff win wager? Time to own up and take your punishment

No wager but I did change my profile pic and tag line. Happily eating crow this week.

The Franchise
01-11-2016, 02:11 PM
I told my wife that if Smith wins us a Superbowl....I'll buy his fucking jersey.

Mav
01-11-2016, 02:14 PM
I made one and lost.

Poor guy.

Frosty
01-11-2016, 02:16 PM
Hey don't hate the player, hate the game. I can't help it when some people want to be selective about my arguments.

You were arguing stats through that whole thread. It's one thing to throw a bunch of yards against a shit team like Jacksonville. It's another to have composure in a big game and be able to make plays when needed. Hoyer has never shown the ability to do that so, from an experience standpoint alone, it was obvious Smith > Hoyer. To claim Hoyer and Smith were a wash because of stats was ridiculous.

Mav
01-11-2016, 02:16 PM
I told my wife that if Smith wins us a Superbowl....I'll buy his fucking jersey.

Is there like a secret out in there? I'm the biggest Alex Smith homer on the planet, but by definition if the Chiefs win the super bowl it will be in actuality that the Chiefs won and Alex Smith won't be the MVP. That's just honesty.

Marcellus
01-11-2016, 02:17 PM
I made one and lost.

We will need to see proof.

Marcellus
01-11-2016, 02:18 PM
You were arguing stats through that whole thread. It's one thing to throw a bunch of yards against a shit team like Jacksonville. It's another to have composure in a big game and be able to make plays when needed. Hoyer has never shown the ability to do that so, from an experience standpoint alone, it was obvious Smith > Hoyer. To claim Hoyer and Smith were a wash because of stats was ridiculous.

I'm not sure which is funnier, him doing it in the first place or still trying to defend that dumbass opinion now.

Dude, you were dead wrong, everyone but you sees it. Move on.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-11-2016, 02:19 PM
You know, I had nothing to do with drizzle-dicks banning but I must admit it's been much more pleasant around here.

You got that right . He's over at Patriotsplanet now telling them how much Alex Smith sux and we're gonna lose. Notorious let them know his status too.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-11-2016, 02:22 PM

Clay had a wager with beach tribe . Beach tribe owns his signature for a year if Alex Smith won a playoff game. I'll try to find the thread.

Edit :http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293341&page=3

Post 73 -77 Beach tribe owns his sig and avy

ModSocks
01-11-2016, 02:26 PM
I'm not sure which is funnier, him doing it in the first place or still trying to defend that dumbass opinion now.

Dude, you were dead wrong, everyone but you sees it. Move on.

I was right about the outcome, right about the matchup. I was wrong about the score, and yes, Hoyer shit the bed far more than i could've imagined.

And my opinion on Alex is still the same.

ChiefAshhole1056
01-11-2016, 02:28 PM
I was right about the outcome, right about the matchup. I was wrong about the score, and yes, Hoyer shit the bed far more than i could've imagined.

Keep it going then, it's working.

Sandy Vagina
01-11-2016, 02:37 PM
- On the INT, the ball placement was not perfect, but Maclin allowed the pass to get too into his right shoulder.. it popped into the air for the INT.

- Albert Wilson is the KC forum's whipping boy (if there is one, which after a win, not really) this week. Albert tracking and effort on the deep bomb incompletion revealed his weakness at WR. He also had a brutal sideline "incompletion" after not getting his second foot in AND securing the catch.. as it bobbled in his hands last second.

- Kelce had a dropped pass on a TE screen that could have converted a 3rd down... and another 3rd down conversion lost because Kelce couldn't break what should be an easy tackle from S Demps.

- 17/22 passing.. add those FOUR pass plays that could have gone differently had the targets done a better job... into this number.. against a top 3 defense in their house.

- In the 3rd quarter with 10 minutes to go, that Chiefs offense broke the Texans' back... with a 94 yard, 5+ minute drive.. that ended with a beautiful TD pass threaded to Conley in the endzone.. making it 20-0.. right after having lost Maclin to injury. Then,when they got the ball back, they scored another TD on a 71 yard drive... with Alex picking up multiple first downs.. one of which, a big gainer on a crossing route to Kelce.

See, this is why it is important to REALLY watch the games.. multiple times if needed. I also felt less grand about Smith's game while watching live.. but watching it again? A pretty strong game. I won't fault him because Knile has a KR for a TD.. effectively taking another potential O-drive away. I won't fault Smith because Hoyer made a win much easier on the team.

Marcellus
01-11-2016, 02:40 PM

So you are still saying there isn't much difference between Hoyer and Smith when it comes to playing the QB position in the NFL?

teedubya
01-11-2016, 02:41 PM
remain willing to take 49er castoff QBs!

Sandy Vagina
01-11-2016, 02:43 PM
Links?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=11998856

ModSocks
01-11-2016, 02:44 PM
So you are still saying there isn't much difference between Hoyer and Smith when it comes to playing the QB position in the NFL?

I'm saying Hoyer shit the bed more than i thought he would. I was certainly wrong about that, but yes, i still believe both are mediocre talents at the position.

Again, im not saying that to knock Alex. And again, i think they can get to the SB with this recipe.

O.city
01-11-2016, 02:44 PM
- On the INT, the ball placement was not perfect, but Maclin allowed the pass to get too into his right shoulder.. it popped into the air for the INT.

- Albert Wilson is the KC forum's whipping boy (if there is one, which after a win, not really) this week. Albert tracking and effort on the deep bomb incompletion revealed his weakness at WR. He also had a brutal sideline "incompletion" after not getting his second foot in AND securing the catch.. as it bobbled in his hands last second.

- Kelce had a dropped pass on a TE screen that could have converted a 3rd down... and another 3rd down conversion lost because Kelce couldn't break what should be an easy tackle from S Demps.

- 17/22 passing.. add those FOUR pass plays that could have gone differently had the targets done a better job... into this number.. against a top 3 defense in their house.

- In the 3rd quarter with 10 minutes to go, that Chiefs offense broke the Texans' back... with a 94 yard, 5+ minute drive.. that ended with a beautiful TD pass threaded to Conley in the endzone.. making it 20-0.. right after having lost Maclin to injury. Then,when they got the ball back, they scored another TD on a 71 yard drive... with Alex picking up multiple first downs.. one of which, a big gainer on a crossing route to Kelce.

See, this is why it is important to REALLY watch the games.. multiple times if needed. I also felt less grand about Smith's game while watching live.. but watching it again? A pretty strong game. I won't fault him because Knile has a KR for a TD.. effectively taking another potential O-drive away. I won't fault Smith because Hoyer made a win much easier on the team.

He was pretty solid, but the throw to Maclin was behind him. Out in front its a completion.

Sorter
01-11-2016, 02:46 PM
I am watching the A22 later but live, Alex played a solid game. The Conley throw was excellent.

O.city
01-11-2016, 02:48 PM
I am watching the A22 later but live, Alex played a solid game. The Conley throw was excellent.

I actually thought it looked a little late. The window was bigger earlier that is.

jLoy88
01-11-2016, 02:55 PM
I'll continue to troll the Niner Nation forums with how fucking dumb they were for letting him go and consistently remind everyone of them that if the Chiefs make the Superbowl, Alex will play in front of a home crowd at Levi's Stadium. Bahahahha. Can't get much more poetic than that, go Chiefs, go Alex!

jLoy88
01-11-2016, 02:59 PM
I actually thought it looked a little late. The window was bigger earlier that is.

He was still in the process of the play action when the window first opens up, one can argue that the window doesn't open like that at all if not for the fake handoff. The second he freezes the LB he winds a quick pump and throws so I can't see how he can execute any better than that.

Mav
01-11-2016, 03:04 PM
He was still in the process of the play action when the window first opens up, one can argue that the window doesn't open like that at all if not for the fake handoff. The second he freezes the LB he winds a quick pump and throws so I can't see how he can execute any better than that.

Still was a little behind. 6 inches left and its complete or at worst knocked down.

staylor26
01-11-2016, 03:11 PM
I'm saying Hoyer shit the bed more than i thought he would. I was certainly wrong about that, but yes, i still believe both are mediocre talents at the position.

Again, im not saying that to knock Alex. And again, i think they can get to the SB with this recipe.

Dude if you really believe it's still a "wash" you're really one hard headed mother fucker.

Just take your L and move on.

Sandy Vagina
01-11-2016, 03:29 PM
He was pretty solid, but the throw to Maclin was behind him. Out in front its a completion.

No disagreement. The location of the pass was not ideal, and was at least partially the reason for the INT. I just felt Maclin could have extended his hands and plucked it instead of letting it get so close, but yes, the pass was a bit behind.

Was going to say something like this as well. That play-action was really beautifully done, and am not at all sure that when using PA in this situation could have gotten the ball there earlier.

Overall, I can't see giving Alex anything below a B grade for this game. Was very solid.. and the right kind of game under the circumstances.

ModSocks
01-11-2016, 03:36 PM
Dude if you really believe it's still a "wash" you're really one hard headed mother ****er.

Just take your L and move on.

I have my evaluation of this team and nothing that happened Saturday disproves it to me. Has nothing to do with being hard headed, but they played exactly how they've been playing most of the season and exactly how i had hoped they'd play. And to me the 1-5 Alex Smith is the same exact guy as the 11-0 Alex Smith.

Reid and co and have done a masterful job of engineering an offense to suit the skill set of Alex Smith. They don't ask him to do a whole lot. They dink and dunk and pick their spots. I think Reid has done a phenomenal job catering to his QB and this defense is playing out of their minds.

Alex is a Point Guard in this offense. A ball distributor. I don't see Alex doing anything that another QB can't do, aside from run for 1st downs.

And i'm totally fine with that. I'm not a Smith "hater". The difference between me and the haters is that they believe his mediocrity is detrimental to this team's success. I believe he's working well in the confines of a system that was designed for him...designed to limit what he doesn't do well and take advantage of what he does do well.

I also believe that if Alex Smith had to face the CHIEFS defense, he would get crushed.