PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs All of Tom Brady's pass plays the last time he faced the Chiefs

Chromatic
01-12-2016, 09:21 AM
<iframe src="https://vid.me/e/seQw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen scrolling="no" height="480" width="854"></iframe>

Simply Red
01-12-2016, 09:28 AM
as long as we show up - we should win - we clearly have more talent. I even think the on-board pat's fans would agree - if they were honest.

Red Dawg
01-12-2016, 09:34 AM
Let's hope this happens again.

loochy
01-12-2016, 09:36 AM
as long as we show up - we should win - we clearly have more talent. I even think the on-board pat's fans would agree - if they were honest.

LOLWUT

they still maintain that they didn't cheat

Red Dawg
01-12-2016, 09:37 AM

A Pats fan would never agree. We could have Montana, Rice, Walter Payton and Ray Lewis leading our defense and no Pats fan would give us any shot at winning.

They have the horses to beat us so we had better play above our normal level on offense for sure.

Snapplez
01-12-2016, 09:43 AM
I saw Chris Owens in that video. Forgot he was even on the team

RINGLEADER
01-12-2016, 09:47 AM
Totally forgot we did that with Cooper at CB.

If the Chiefs defense plays like this again it won't matter what the Patriots do.

Mr. Laz
01-12-2016, 09:55 AM
abdullah may have had his best game as a chief

Cooper? Really? LMAO

Should we break cooper out again, since he loves killing patriots.

Chiefshrink
01-12-2016, 10:06 AM

And just think their o-line was much healthier then than it is now regardless even if Vollmer comes back. Brady will attempt to be in 1.5 sec release mode all game and we better be ready.:#

Halfcan
01-12-2016, 10:12 AM

I hope so too.

S. Smith had a monster game and the one Brady TD was caused by missed tackles.

Chiefs need to get pressure on Brady and limit yards after the catch.

Offense needs to make them pay by scoring TD's on turnovers.

DJ's left nut
01-12-2016, 10:14 AM
2 things that stood out.

1) Cooper got beat pretty routinely. I thought I saw him in good position on maybe 2 plays and he got beat on 4 or 5. He was definitely the weak link in that game, to whatever extent one existed.

2) I think the Patriots will utilize a lot of screens to see if they can attack Houston's inability to change direction on his knee. They had some very nicely designed screens and/or quick passes to RBs/WRs that will require Houston stop and change direction quickly to get himself into the play or they'll go for an easy 6-7 yards. Those will be deadly in sustaining drives.

Obviously Andy will see the tape as well; I suspect he'll have some tricks up his sleeve utilizing Berry to blow those up. But I wonder if Houston's knee won't create bigger issues for us in the quick passing game than they will in the pass rush.

Rausch
01-12-2016, 10:18 AM
2 things that stood out.

1) Cooper got beat pretty routinely. I thought I saw him in good position on maybe 2 plays and he got beat on 4 or 5. He was definitely the weak link in that game, to whatever extent one existed.

2) I think the Patriots will utilize a lot of screens to see if they can attack Houston's inability to change direction on his knee. They had some very nicely designed screens and/or quick passes to RBs/WRs that will require Houston stop and change direction quickly to get himself into the play or they'll go for an easy 6-7 yards. Those will be deadly in sustaining drives.

Obviously Andy will see the tape as well; I suspect he'll have some tricks up his sleeve utilizing Berry to blow those up. But I wonder if Houston's knee won't create bigger issues for us in the quick passing game than they will in the pass rush.

Also to consider is that Houston is better in coverage that people give him credit for. With his knee I think that's a part of his game that's out of the picture.

No point in taking his pass rush away by having him cover some HB and tweak that knee...

Gonzo
01-12-2016, 10:20 AM
We could use another game like that from Hali. Seeing Brady on the bench like that gave me a blue-veined diamond cutter.

Strongside
01-12-2016, 10:22 AM
Man. Arrowhead was ROWDY that night.

DJ's left nut
01-12-2016, 10:22 AM
Also to consider is that Houston is better in coverage that people give him credit for. With his knee I think that's a part of his game that's out of the picture.

No point in taking his pass rush away by having him cover some HB and tweak that knee...

So can Smith lock up LaFell?

Because if so, you can play single-high knowing that Edelman isn't really a deep ball guy. That would free Berry up to come down into the box a little more, perhaps take on more man responsibility on Gronk while also reading/reacting to the RBs out of the backfield.

The issue is that if you send Houston on a rush and there's a quick throw that targets his side, oftentimes he'll still be able to turn and get back into the play. His ability there is in addition to his pass rush, not in lieu of it. If he's unable to do that, it increases the chances that Sutton puts him in a short zone, IMO, in that it will keep the play in front of him and allow him to simply attack downhill as soon as the ball is caught.

Simply Red
01-12-2016, 10:24 AM
We could use another game like that from Hali. Seeing Brady on the bench like that gave me a blue-veined diamond cutter.

http://i.imgur.com/ILGNms2.gif

Rain Man
01-12-2016, 12:04 PM
I'm really curious who'll cover Gronkowski. There are a lot options. Abdullah jumps out as someone big enough to handle him, or perhaps even Derrick Johnson. Do we think Berry, Parker, and Branch will have the size they need?

Rain Man
01-12-2016, 12:05 PM
Hmm. I just looked at the Chiefs roster and my perceptions of size are way off. I thought Abdullah was one of the bigger guys. Berry is actually our heaviest safety, which shocks me, and none of our safeties are big guys.

Sean Smith is a verifiable freak at cornerback.

# NAME POS. HT. WT. AGE EXP. COLLEGE
39 Abdullah, Husain DB 6-0 204 30 7 Washington State
29 Berry, Eric DB 6-0 211 27 6 Tennessee
27 Branch, Tyvon DB 6-0 210 29 8 Connecticut
31 Cooper, Marcus DB 6-2 192 25 3 Rutgers
30 Fleming, Jamell DB 5-11 206 26 4 Oklahoma
20 Nelson, Steven DB 5-11 194 22 R Oregon State
38 Parker, Ron DB 6-0 206 28 5 Newberry
22 Peters, Marcus DB 6-0 197 23 R Washington
21 Smith, Sean DB 6-3 218 28 7 Utah
49 Sorensen, Daniel DB 6-2 208 25 2 Brigham Young

Bowser
01-12-2016, 12:10 PM
2 things that stood out.

They're going to attack our press, ala Denver when Peyton still played like Peyton. A shit ton of crossing routes with Edelman and Amendola, then go deep to LaFell and Gronk. I wouldn't be surprised to see Brady throw it 50+ times this game, regardless of the weather conditions.

Bowser
01-12-2016, 12:17 PM
Damn, they just screened and slanted on us all night back then.

DaneMcCloud
01-12-2016, 12:21 PM
The most shocking part of that video is how effectively the defense played against Brady when the Chiefs had so many backups and even guys that aren't with the team any longer.

Cooper, JMJ, Owens, Mauga for DJ, no DeVito and so on.

And it wasn't just pressure from Hali and Houston but up the middle from Poe and Howard, who just shot through the gaps and continually collapsed the pocket.

It's probably unlikely but I wouldn't be surprised if the Chiefs pitched another shutout.

L.A. Chieffan
01-12-2016, 12:23 PM
Thanks for posting this..couple of things.

Obviously this game was at Arrowhead so I'm thinking a couple of those pass plays to Edelman are going to get called PI in Gillette. I'm not sure if Gronk was entirely healthy yet as he had virtually no impact on the game which would be a miracle if happened again. Other than the Hali strip sack (thing of beauty) there wasn't a whole lot of pressure on Brady, which is by design since they run so many three step drops.

On the plus side Pats OLine is very thin right now.

They played that game without DJ, Berry or Peters. Wow

L.A. Chieffan
01-12-2016, 12:24 PM
The most shocking part of that video is how effectively the defense played against Brady when the Chiefs had so many backups and even guys that aren't with the team any longer.

And it wasn't just pressure from Hali and Houston but up the middle from Poe and Howard, who just shot through the gaps and continually collapsed the pocket.

It's probably unlikely but I wouldn't be surprised if the Chiefs pitched another shutout.

I like your style Dude

Bowser
01-12-2016, 12:26 PM

While I like your enthusiasm, Gronk is probably good for at least one TD, if not two. He's just that much of a nightmare matchup when healthy.

Amnorix
01-12-2016, 12:59 PM
A Pats fan would never agree. We could have Montana, Rice, Walter Payton and Ray Lewis leading our defense and no Pats fan would give us any shot at winning.

You're wrong, because I give you guys plenty of a shot at winning. I won't agree you definitely have more talent. You might have the edge because of our injuries, but we are talking about the defending world champs, right?

Oh, and the GOAT QB and GOAT TE, IMHO. Even if you don't think BRady/Gronk are the GOAT, they are at least arguably the GOATs. How many GOATs you got on your team at their positions?

Not that that decides anything. The team that wins will be the team that plays the best on Saturday.

Amnorix
01-12-2016, 01:00 PM

Patriots crushed the Jets like 45-3 in October/November one season, and then lost to them, in the playoffs, at home.

Game 1 doesn't mean much when it comes to game 2 between two teams, and here we have an entire 1.5 seasons between them.

Amnorix
01-12-2016, 01:00 PM
They're going to attack our press, ala Denver when Peyton still played like Peyton. A shit ton of crossing routes with Edelman and Amendola, then go deep to LaFell and Gronk. I wouldn't be surprised to see Brady throw it 50+ times this game, regardless of the weather conditions.

You are a smart man...

DaneMcCloud
01-12-2016, 01:24 PM
Game 1 doesn't mean much when it comes to game 2 between two teams, and here we have an entire 1.5 seasons between them.

Oh, I get it, for sure.

But here's the thing: The Chiefs defense has been upgraded considerably since that game and they're holding opponents to less than 12 points a game.

The Patriots offensive line is a disaster, Amendola and Edelman won't be a full strength leaving Gronk as the only offensive weapon.

In the end, that may mean nothing and it may mean everything. But the fact that the Patriots haven't gone 11-0 and instead have lost 4 of their last 6 gives me hope.

BigMeatballDave
01-12-2016, 01:28 PM
Oh, I get it, for sure.

But here's the thing: The Chiefs defense has been upgraded considerably since that game and they're holding opponents to less than 12 points a game.

The Patriots offensive line is a disaster, Amendola and Edelman won't be a full strength leaving Gronk as the only offensive weapon.

In the end, that may mean nothing and it may mean everything. But the fact that the Patriots haven't gone 11-0 and instead have lost 4 of their last 6 gives me hope.

Well said. This is precisely why I've brought up last season's game several times.

Mr. Laz
01-12-2016, 01:32 PM
we are going to find out pretty quickly whether Houston has gotten back enough of his power.

Amnorix
01-12-2016, 01:36 PM
Oh, I get it, for sure.

Oh, you definitely have hope. There's no question about it.

But the Pats the first four games last year were terrible. They lost to someone else (forget who) and BARELY squeaked out a game, at home, to the Raiders, who really weren't terribly good. As you may remember, people were seriously asking if Belichick should "reevaluate" the quarterback position after that game. They didn't ask him that because he had had ONE bad game, it was because they were terrible throughout the preseason and into the first four games.

Not being in Arrowhead should help, though I've seen two bad home playoff losses (Ravens in '09, Jets in '10) to know that they can suck at home even in the playoffs. The Pats in '09 were a bad team, but that '10 team was actually a pretty good one that just ran into a Jets team that played better that day.

The questions for Saturday is whether the Pats will be more like what they were the first ten weeks of last year, or more like the end of this year, and the first four games of last, with a very shaky OLine and a skittish Brady who can't depend on his OLine or the timing of the WRs he has.