PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Thread for our best player: Jamaal Charles

ChiefRocka
01-12-2016, 06:52 PM
You're still the man and I can't help but think how dominant we will be with you in the lineup next season. Nurse up that knee partner and I hope you enjoy what you helped build over the years.

Jamaal Charles #25

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/atrjiw/picture819484/ALTERNATES/FREE_960/CHIEFSCAMP%20ME%20072814%20DRE%201650f.jpg

ChiefAshhole1056
01-12-2016, 06:54 PM
Move him to Albert's spot and move Albert to full-time returner.

eDave
01-12-2016, 06:59 PM
I've forgotten him honestly. He's in a precarious spot.

Canofbier
01-12-2016, 06:59 PM
if u love him so much y dont u marry him lol

Zebedee DuBois
01-12-2016, 07:06 PM
What is his cap hit?
Does he have trade value?
Love him, but it might be the best time to trade

Rain Man
01-12-2016, 07:06 PM
When we've got the Super Bowl locked down, I hope they can give him a carry in the fourth quarter. He deserves it.

eDave
01-12-2016, 07:10 PM
When we've got the Super Bowl locked down, I hope they can give him a carry in the fourth quarter. He deserves it.

Oh hell yea! Sweet.

Vietnam58
01-12-2016, 07:12 PM
I kinda feel bad for Jamaal. . stuck with this team through some shitty seasons. . and re-watching the old Monday night Patriots game..Charles dominated that game ..

BUT his fumble was the reason we are where we are. . i dont think wihtout that Denver loss or the injury to Charles this team is as good as it is. . I think they needed that bottom/nothing to lose feeling to become who they are. .

https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/h5dZf5wiCXJPRCgtXU0ogV1HPT4=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4073650/bronoo.0.gif

beach tribe
01-12-2016, 07:17 PM
Gonna catch some shit for this, but if we can unload Charles to the highest bidder, we will save 5.3M against the 154M 2016 cap and will have plenty of cap space to resign every key player we have that is about to hit FA, as well as resigning Poe and Howard.

That includes Sean Smith who I believe is extremely valuable to what we do.

I love Charles, but he is a 30 YR Old RB with an extensive injury history,and Spencer Ware is the next man up in a long line of star RBs to be produced by KC.

You will find everything you need to know about our cap situation here:
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tools/roster/kansas-city-chiefs/

It even lets you mange the roster and see how our moves will affect the cap.

For all you doom and gloomers, we will have plenty of dough to keep all of our key guys.
No reason to lose anyone.

Fat Elvis
01-12-2016, 07:18 PM
https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/h5dZf5wiCXJPRCgtXU0ogV1HPT4=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4073650/bronoo.0.gif

That one play is the difference between the Chiefs being the 5 seed in the AFC playoffs and the number one seed with home field advantage throughout.....

I much as I love him, LEARN TO HOLD ON TO THE DAMN BALL, JAMAAL.

BigMeatballDave
01-12-2016, 07:22 PM
That one play is the difference between the Chiefs being the 5 seed in the AFC playoffs and the number one seed with home field advantage throughout.....

Or the 4 other turnovers in that game.

Don Corlemahomes
01-12-2016, 07:26 PM
I love JC, but we have been doing pretty damn well without him.

MahiMike
01-12-2016, 07:28 PM
I kinda feel bad for Jamaal. . stuck with this team through some shitty seasons. . and re-watching the old Monday night Patriots game..Charles dominated that game ..

BUT his fumble was the reason we are where we are. . i dont think wihtout that Denver loss or the injury to Charles this team is as good as it is. . I think they needed that bottom/nothing to lose feeling to become who they are. .

This. And he was nowhere to be found his last playoff game.

penbrook
01-12-2016, 07:30 PM
Reid already said Jamaal is one of a kind RB and no one could replace him. This was a few weeks ago. JC isn't going anywhere!! Reason why we're doing so good is because when we did had him teams knew what to focus on no without him you can't really focus on one player. When he eats back cut his workload in half. Go JC, Ware, West

ChiefRocka
01-12-2016, 07:32 PM

...because of injury, point still valid.

Vietnam58
01-12-2016, 07:33 PM
Does Jamaal travel with the team this weekend?. .

Havent heard much from him since the injury. .i know hes rehabbing but i think he should be with the team during the playoffs. .

Rain Man
It's only fair that I should warn you. Anyone who says anything bad about Jamaal will be killed in their sleep the next time I visit their city.

okcchief
Gonna catch some shit for this, but if we can unload Charles to the highest bidder, we will save 5.3M against the 154M 2016 cap and will have plenty of cap space to resign every key player we have that is about to hit FA, as well as resigning Poe and Howard.

I love Charles, but he is a 30 YR Old RB with an extensive injury history,and Spencer Ware is the next man up in a long line of star RBs to be produced by KC.

For all you doom and gloomers, we will have plenty of dough to keep all of our key guys.
You shouldn't catch shit because you are exactly right

dannybcaitlyn
01-12-2016, 07:35 PM

Dumb

chefs fan in omaha

This, yes

RunKC
Sorry but losing Jamaal was the best thing to happen to us this year. That not an indictment on him (except the fumbles), but more towards Andy. It forced him to spread the team out instead of focusing on Jamaal so much.
We were far too one dimensionsional bc of Andy.

I can't believe we have 2 young studs at RB now. It's awesome.

Having said that, move him more to receiver. He can take DAT's role where he won't get as many hits on the inside.

penbrook
01-12-2016, 07:41 PM
Does Jamaal travel with the team this weekend?. .

Havent heard much from him since the injury. .i know hes rehabbing but i think he should be with the team during the playoffs. .

Yea he was on the sidelines with the team vs Texans

beach tribe
01-12-2016, 07:43 PM
Reid already said Jamaal is one of a kind RB and no one could replace him. This was a few weeks ago. JC isn't going anywhere!! Reason why we're doing so good is because when we did had him teams knew what to focus on no without him you can't really focus on one player. When he eats back cut his workload in half. Go JC, Ware, West

As long as we don't lose any players that would make their position group weaker than RB is without Charles, I'm all for it.

That said, if it comes down to keeping Charles, and losing either Smith, Berry, DJ, Howard, or Poe it would be a clear mistake to keep the 30 yr old RB who has a straight stud sitting behind him on the depth chart.

ChiefRocka
01-12-2016, 07:44 PM
Sorry but losing Jamaal was the best thing to happen to us this year. That not an indictment on him (except the fumbles), but more towards Andy. It forced him to spread the team out instead of focusing on Jamaal so much.
We were far too one dimensionsional bc of Andy.

I can't believe we have 2 young studs at RB now. It's awesome.

Having said that, move him more to receiver. He can take DAT's role where he won't get as many hits on the inside.

JC = stud
West + Ware = not yet studs

The value proposition earlier in the thread makes sense however.

Simply Red
01-12-2016, 07:46 PM
Hit the road looser!

Simply Red
01-12-2016, 07:47 PM
jk

beach tribe
01-12-2016, 07:47 PM
JC = stud
West + Ware = not yet studs

The value proposition earlier in the thread makes sense however.

Ware is indeed a Fn stud. A star in the making. His career won't be a long one, but he's gonna be a wrecking machine for the next 4 years at least barring serious injury.

ChiefRocka
01-12-2016, 07:49 PM
Ware is indeed a Fn stud. A star in the making. His career won't be a long one, but he's gonna be a wrecking machine for the next 4 years at least barring serious injury.

The talent is there.

ChiefRocka
01-12-2016, 07:50 PM
Hit the road looser!
http://i.imgur.com/yn0IuiA.gif

penbrook
01-12-2016, 07:51 PM

JC is a stud! His stats are HOF worthy. Leads NFL history in YPC. He's a stud. Ware and West we don't know about. Can't we all just be happy and keep all 3 and FYI we have more than enough cap space to sign all of our FAs and maybe 1 or 2 FAs as well

beach tribe
01-12-2016, 08:07 PM
JC is a stud! His stats are HOF worthy. Leads NFL history in YPC. He's a stud. Ware and West we don't know about. Can't we all just be happy and keep all 3 and FYI we have more than enough cap space to sign all of our FAs and maybe 1 or 2 FAs as well

Like I said, bro, I'm all for it, unless it means having to let one of our key contributors walk for lack of Cap space.

History strongly suggest that JC will not be same elite talent that he has been for more than 1 more season.

There is no denying what he has been up to this point, but the franchises with continually strong rosters tend to stay that way because they know when it is best for the team to let players walk before they fall off the cliff with handcuffing cap numbers still attached to them.

Having said all that, I would love to see JC in KC for as long possible before his cap figure becomes a chain around the team's neck. If he comes back as strong as before he could be more value to the team in the form of a mid round pick.

thabear04
01-12-2016, 08:46 PM

Not really we should of beat the Bears and Vikings.

Ming the Merciless
01-12-2016, 08:51 PM
Jamaal is a stud. Can't wait till he is back. I'm pretty surprised by the comments here.....I'd roll with Jamaal any day.

Don Corlemahomes
01-12-2016, 08:57 PM
Not really we should of beat the Bears and Vikings.

Should have beat them too! :)

Don Corlemahomes
01-12-2016, 08:59 PM
It would be kind of sick to keep Jamaal and use him in the slot more. We could hit him on short passes in space and jet sweeps.

Ming the Merciless
01-12-2016, 09:01 PM
Marcus Allen was bad ass for a while in a 2nd/3rd down kind of role

FlaChief58
01-12-2016, 09:03 PM
I love me some JC, but it may be time to part with one of my all time favorite Chiefs. As much as I'd hate to see him go, if we could get a 3rd round pick with a conditional mid round pick, it would be hard to pass up

penbrook
01-12-2016, 09:12 PM
I love me some JC, but it may be time to part with one of my all time favorite Chiefs. As much as I'd hate to see him go, if we could get a 3rd round pick with a conditional mid round pick, it would be hard to pass up

A 3rd for a future HOF?? I want what you're smoking

FlaChief58
01-12-2016, 09:14 PM

And a conditional for a 30 year old RB just coming off his 2nd ACL. I'd say that's about right

Don Corlemahomes
01-12-2016, 09:17 PM

He'll be entering his age 30 season and he will be a dent in someone's salary cap

penbrook
01-12-2016, 09:19 PM
And a conditional for a 30 year old RB just coming off his 2nd ACL. I'd say that's about right

There's a guy called Thomas Davis!! Don't know if you've heard of him but dude has he like 3 ACL surgeries and is a pro bowler. A 33 year old DJ just came off of a Achilles injury and this season might be his best season ever.

Don Corlemahomes
01-12-2016, 09:21 PM
There's a guy called Thomas Davis!! Don't know if you've heard of him but dude has he like 3 ACL surgeries and is a pro bowler. A 33 year old DJ just came off of a Achilles injury and this season might be his best season ever.

JC is an RB, dude. Not the same

vailpass
01-12-2016, 09:21 PM

No offense but that deal isn't happening unless chiefs eat some salary and even then not a 3rd.

Don Corlemahomes
01-12-2016, 09:23 PM
No offense but that deal isn't happening unless chiefs eat some salary and even then probably not.

I'm offended!

vailpass
01-12-2016, 09:24 PM
I'm offended!

Well yeah but fuck you. ..:D

FlaChief58
01-12-2016, 09:29 PM

Look, I would love to see JC retire a Chief, but the reality is that we are playing better as a team without him and while JC is a great back, it seems like we have suitable replacements in place. Now is the perfect time to trade him while he still has value so Dorsey can keep building what we all hope will become a dynasty.

Not trying to start shit, it's JMO

FlaChief58
01-12-2016, 09:34 PM
No offense but that deal isn't happening unless chiefs eat some salary and even then not a 3rd.

So be it, then he stays a Chief. Win win

jspchief
01-12-2016, 09:37 PM
Fuck this thread. Don't sully this magical season with talks of dumping Charles. The time for business is after the season. Just be fans for now.

beach tribe
01-12-2016, 09:37 PM

There might be a championship caliber team who thinks he's the missing piece that MIGHT give us a 3rd, but not without knowing he is 100% after the knee injury
So no, we will not get a 3rd for Charles and his contract.
If he would re-do his deal, maybe, but then we might as well keep him if he's willing to do that.
Best case scenario is we get a 4th or 5th that would become a 3rd if he reaches certain performance incentives, but the highest I would hope for is a 4th.

He is a 30 yr old RB. Any GM with a lick of sense knows that they should not count on more than 1 season of top level play.

Not a knock on Charles. It's just a well known rule of thumb for the position.

Hoover
01-12-2016, 09:40 PM
If Jamaal is on the Packers next year they would win the Super Bowl

beach tribe
01-12-2016, 09:46 PM
**** this thread. Don't sully this magical season with talks of dumping Charles. The time for business is after the season. Just be fans for now.

I see a team that has just opened a 3-5 year SB window, and feel that this is proper material for discussion at this time. Jamaal was completely outside looking in when this team took a crow bar to that window when it seemed to be nailed shut.

As far as i'm concerned the only thing that could sully this season is making poor off-season moves and losing the chemistry of this special group of players.

Psyko Tek
01-12-2016, 10:29 PM
What is his cap hit?
Does he have trade value?
Love him, but it might be the best time to trade

blown acl trade?
getting shit, let him play next year

I would keep him for career, but I am sentimental
if you get feelers at game six trade

NJChiefsFan
01-12-2016, 10:50 PM

You can't assume a predetermined outcome. Who knows how the season goes if he holds onto that ball. We could have mowed through the schedule, or we could have struggled as we did after that game. Who knows what happens to Denver as well. But one way or another if we won that game our season plays out differently. The teams mentality, everything. I actually wouldn't go back and change it even if I could. I don't think it's as simple as just putting another win on our record.

EPodolak
01-12-2016, 10:54 PM
He could save us the trouble of finding another WR if we use him more often as a slot receiver. Healthy Maclin, Kelce and JC next season could sustain the passing game improvements.

stevieray
01-12-2016, 10:55 PM
It's only fair that I should warn you. Anyone who says anything bad about Jamaal will be killed in their sleep the next time I visit their city.

I'll drive you.

Rain Man
01-12-2016, 10:56 PM
I'll drive you.

Maybe we can stop at Chick Fil A along the way. It would be a cool road trip.

wazu
01-12-2016, 11:12 PM
More yards per carry than Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, Gale Sayers. And some people want a 3rd round pick.

Don Corlemahomes
01-12-2016, 11:30 PM
More yards per carry than Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, Gale Sayers. And some people want a 3rd round pick.

Something happens when backs turn 30. He may have a couple years left, but it's not far-fetched to think he will decline in the near future.

BlackOp
01-12-2016, 11:31 PM
I'm not sure what happened...but KC turned from a finesse team to one no one wants to play. Was JC too nice/soft...and having him as a leader made everyone complacent? Something changed...the leadership roles changed. Berry/Hali/Maclin took over. Having a superstar RB made this offense too dependent on one player..they now are taking responsibility for themselves.

Charles isn't going anywhere...Reid/Dorsey dont dirty star players that have a season ending injury. It's bad business...

He is my favorite all time KC player...but they dont really "need" him. They just had their best season in over 40 years.

wazu
01-12-2016, 11:34 PM
Something happens when backs turn 30. He may have a couple years left, but it's not far-fetched to think he will decline in the near future.

At age 29 in a short season he managed 5.1 yards per carry through the worst part of the Chiefs schedule. He's a freakish, amazing, incredible running back who has shown no signs of slowing down, unless measured against his own best season. You wait for the slowdown to happen with somebody this great.

Rausch
01-12-2016, 11:34 PM

If he does we have cheap alternatives.

If he doesn't we're the deepest team in the league at HB...

Don Corlemahomes
01-12-2016, 11:40 PM
At age 29 in a short season he managed 5.1 yards per carry through the worst part of the Chiefs schedule. He's a freakish, amazing, incredible running back who has shown no signs of slowing down, unless measured against his own best season. You wait for the slowdown to happen with somebody this great.

Spencer Ware is averaging 5.6 ypc and he's 24. He's also significantly cheaper.

JC has torn his ACL twice, and for a guy who cuts as often as he does, it's reasonable to be worried about his future productivity and durability.

Don Corlemahomes
01-12-2016, 11:42 PM
If he does we have cheap alternatives.

If he doesn't we're the deepest team in the league at HB...

We haven't missed a beat without him. I'm not saying we should cut him or trade him, but to pretend like he's untouchable is ridiculous.

I don't see us cutting/trading him, but I wouldn't be furious if it happened.

Rausch
01-12-2016, 11:45 PM
We haven't missed a beat without him. I'm not saying we should cut him or trade him, but to pretend like he's untouchable is ridiculous.

I don't see us cutting/trading him, but I wouldn't be furious if it happened.

I doubt he's getting traded.

He's worth more to us than anyone else and we'd never get value for him...

wazu
01-12-2016, 11:46 PM
Spencer Ware is averaging 5.6 ypc and he's 24. He's also significantly cheaper.

JC has torn his ACL twice, and for a guy who cuts as often as he does, it's reasonable to be worried about his future productivity and durability.

Sorry, but I can't be reasoned with on this topic. Before it's said and done I believe Charles will force Hall of Fame consideration. Keep Ware. Love the guy, but Jamaal is still relatively young and hasn't been over-used.

Rausch
01-12-2016, 11:49 PM
Sorry, but I can't be reasoned with on this topic. Before it's said and done I believe Charles will force Hall of Fame consideration. Keep Ware. Love the guy, but Jamaal is still relatively young and hasn't been over-used.

If anything having other alternatives allows us to spell him more and prolong his career...

wazu
01-12-2016, 11:51 PM
If anything having other alternatives allows us to spell him more and prolong his career...

I'm completely on board with this plan.

Don Corlemahomes
01-12-2016, 11:53 PM

He isn't relatively young for an RB. Additionally, he just suffered a noncontact ACL tear to one knee, and he has a history of a tear on the other. I like JC a lot, but his years of averaging 6 ypc are over, and we have younger guys that can fill the same niche he does for 1/10th the price.

But you don't want to be reasoned with on the topic. So i'll leave it at that.

wazu
01-12-2016, 11:58 PM
He isn't relatively young for an RB. Additionally, he just suffered a noncontact ACL tear to one knee, and he has a history of a tear on the other. I like JC a lot, but his years of averaging 6 ypc are over, and we have younger guys that can fill the same niche he does for 1/10th the price.

But you don't want to be reasoned with on the topic. So i'll leave it at that.

Thank you. I think we're done here.

Don Corlemahomes
01-13-2016, 12:07 AM
I doubt he's getting traded.

He's worth more to us than anyone else and we'd never get value for him...

Not if we can't re-sign Berry (need), Howard (need), DJ (or replacement), Devito (or replacement), and sean smith (or replacement). Some holes can be filled in the draft, but I would hate to watch Berry walk so we can pay JC to split carries with an equally effective 24 yo.

Draft picks are cheap and sometimes pan out. They also free up assets for keepers like Berry and Howard.

TimBone
01-13-2016, 12:11 AM
Jamaal is a stud. Can't wait till he is back. I'm pretty surprised by the comments here.....I'd roll with Jamaal any day.
Yeah. The comments in this thread suck.

Kman34
01-13-2016, 07:27 AM

No one is going to trade for him....And the Chiefs wouldn't trade him anyway...

King_Chief_Fan
01-13-2016, 09:58 AM

hasn't been over used? really?
Until he went out with injury there was no realization what other weapons were on the Chiefs offense.
If Charles stays on the Chiefs team, I hope fat Andy doesn't go back to Jamal left, Jamal right...screen to Jamal with some tosses to the TE type of offense.
Charles is great and I can see him fitting in the offense, but his role most change some.

luv
01-13-2016, 10:08 AM
I was just thinking last night... Whenever JC comes back, who is his backup? West? He can maneuver and run. Ware? The (what I consider) goal line back. I can definitely see the depth at RB, just not sure who I'd want 2 vs. 3.

wazu
01-13-2016, 10:18 AM
hasn't been over used? really?
Until he went out with injury there was no realization what other weapons were on the Chiefs offense.
If Charles stays on the Chiefs team, I hope fat Andy doesn't go back to Jamal left, Jamal right...screen to Jamal with some tosses to the TE type of offense.
Charles is great and I can see him fitting in the offense, but his role most change some.

Over his career span, if you include all games, he has carried an average of 10.3 times per week. His busiest, most used year he averaged 17.8 carries per week and finished with 285 carries. He has not been over-used.