PDA

View Full Version : Football Wanna play catch with Tom Brady?

Fire Me Boy!
01-13-2016, 10:26 AM
http://www.wsj.com/articles/look-out-tom-brady-wants-to-play-catch-1452612426?mod=e2fb

Tom Brady, one of the greatest quarterbacks in NFL history, intimidates defenses. He intimidates opposing coaches. And he can intimidate teammates and friends with just one simple question: “Wanna have a catch?”

Having a “catch” is typically one of the simpler transactions in sports. It’s so easy it’s performed by tailgaters in parking lots and kids on kindergarten playgrounds. You throw the ball, the other person catches it and throws it back. This is how most people in Brady’s inner circle assumed their games of catch would go. They were wrong.

“I’d never seen anything like it in my life,” former Patriots receiver Donte Stallworth said. “And I’ve seen nothing like it since.”

Brandon LaFell was only two weeks into his first offseason workout period with the Patriots last summer when Brady approached him and asked: “Catch with me a few times?” LaFell jumped at the opportunity and readied himself for a simple game of catch with his new quarterback.

“We’re five yards apart, in the locker room, so I’m thinking this will be some soft-touch stuff,” LaFell said. “Then he starts doing his footwork, flicking his hips, just zipping the ball, all in the locker room.”

More at the link...

Highlight:

After one pass hit [Tony] Gonzalez squarely in the chest, Brady chided himself for not getting the ball a little further in front of his target. Gonzalez was confused—the pass was perfect. But Brady explained that if the ball had been a foot and a half in front of the receiver’s body, it would mean an extra three yards gained after the catch. (To be clear, this was in the dead of summer, with no defenders around and months before any meaningful games.)

“I joked ‘Tom, if you’d seen some of the quarterbacks I played with, you’d know I’m just glad you got it to me,’” Gonzalez said. “I was blown away.”

big nasty kcnut
01-13-2016, 10:31 AM
Tom brady sucks and I wish to sack him so hard he can't play for a month.

Halfcan
01-13-2016, 10:32 AM
I hope Brady plays "catch" with Peters, Smith and Berry this weekend.

BucEyedPea
01-13-2016, 10:59 AM
If he sucks then why desire an injury? It makes no competitive sense.

Very classy to wish injury on a player. What's the problem you can't win with him in the game? Sounds like that's what you're saying.

I think you can win with him in the game. Others have done it. Let it be a real match.

Plus he's still injured even if there's been some improvement of it.

Fish
01-13-2016, 11:01 AM
http://wallpapers.trestons.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/grumpy-cat-no.png

Tribal Warfare
01-13-2016, 11:02 AM
I hope Brady plays "catch" with Peters, Smith and Berry this weekend.

Can't forget DJ too

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-13-2016, 11:03 AM

Very classy to wish injury on a player. What's the problem you can't win with him in the game? Sounds like that's what you're saying.

I think you can win with him in the game. Others have done it. Let it be a real match.

You can't match intellects with KCnut, so don't even try.

threebag
01-13-2016, 11:07 AM
KCnut caving asses in since Sept 2001

Rasputin
01-13-2016, 11:15 AM

No because last time we knocked Brady out of the game for some time Bill Belichick got his revenge and sent us Mat Cassell. So think about what your sayin.

I wish no harm to Tom Brady.

MahiMike
01-13-2016, 11:24 AM
I hope he catches aids. By Friday. ..

Rausch
01-13-2016, 11:26 AM
No because last time we knocked Brady out of the game for some time Bill Belichick got his revenge and sent us Mat Cassell. So think about what your sayin.

I wish no harm to Tom Brady.

Andy and Alex aren't breaking up...

DJ's left nut
01-13-2016, 11:26 AM

If he comes in healthy and for some reason doesn't stay that way, it was a real match.

He just didn't finish it. And in a contact sport - edge, Chiefs.

If he finishes the game, I hope they have to drag his limping, tattered body off the field and drop him directly into the cold tub. It's not because I want to see a person hurt, it's because I want to see a few 240+ lb human beings driving him repeatedly into the frozen ground and injury seems the most logical progression from that.

Dartgod
01-13-2016, 11:27 AM

:rolleyes:

loochy
01-13-2016, 11:56 AM
Who wants to play catch with this?
http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/espn991.com/files/2013/03/Flat-football.jpg?w=600&h=0&zc=1&s=0&a=t&q=89

BlackHelicopters
01-13-2016, 12:04 PM
Pitch and catch? Where is this thread headed?

RobBlake
01-13-2016, 05:38 PM

BEP dear.. they are just havin' a little smack talk on the opposing QB.. logic doesn't belong here lol

Rasputin
01-13-2016, 06:29 PM
Maybe we could give Brady a 0.0 passer rating like we did Forehead?

Yeah that be great!

RobBlake
01-13-2016, 06:42 PM
Maybe we could give Brady a 0.0 passer rating like we did Forehead?

Yeah that be great!

Doubt that will happen lol. I would love to see KC beating Den on their way to the SB

Rasputin
01-13-2016, 06:52 PM
Doubt that will happen lol. I would love to see KC beating Den on their way to the SB

We just had a blood moon maybe that was a sign and the stars are aligned?