PDA

View Full Version : Football Chargers going to LA official

Kiimo
01-13-2016, 05:39 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/13/report-chargers-plan-to-accept-l-a-deal-share-stadium-with-rams/

Better than the Raiders coming here, plus Chiefs / Chargers in my backyard.

I'd prefer they stayed in San Diego though.

EDIT: NOT SO FAST SAYS SAN DIEGO

The Franchise
01-13-2016, 05:41 PM
Buck and Gadzooks......come on over guys. We'll treat you right.

Kiimo
01-13-2016, 05:42 PM
It is nice thought that this solidifies that the Raiders aren't coming near this city. I feel really bad for San Diego fans, but hey it's just two hours. Max.

Brock
01-13-2016, 05:42 PM
So they're going to end up paying rent anyway just like in san diego. I hope that hurts

The Franchise
01-13-2016, 05:43 PM
It is nice thought that this solidifies that the Raiders aren't coming near this city. I feel really bad for San Diego fans, but hey it's just two hours. Max.

Near? They'll be in San Diego.

ChiliConCarnage
So they're going to be Kroenkes bitch. lol raiders

ChiefGator
I don't understand why TWO teams needed to move to LA at once. Rather strange if you ask me. I like the Chargers in San Diego. I guess maybe Spanos thought he would lose any of the LA fan-base unless he moved.

I understand the San Diego stadium is sub-par, but they seem unwilling to work with them.

Kiimo
01-13-2016, 05:44 PM
No the Rams offered them full-on partnership.

Sassy Squatch
01-13-2016, 05:44 PM
Still don't get why they would willingly be the red headed stepbrother to the Rams but whatever.

Kiimo
01-13-2016, 05:45 PM
Because in actuality Kroenke is a shrewd businessman and Spanos is the greedy fuck.

Chiefnj2
01-13-2016, 05:45 PM
Are people in San Diego pissed off about this, or this distance not that much of a deal?

Kiimo
01-13-2016, 05:46 PM
They're furious.

Brock
01-13-2016, 05:47 PM

What's in it for stan? Or was that just the squeaky wheel getting greased?

Sassy Squatch
01-13-2016, 05:47 PM
If Spanos is a partner isn't he going to have to shell out a shit ton of $? 550 million for the relocation fees and half of the stadium financing. That could easily add up to over 1.5 billion. Is he even worth that?

DJ's left nut
01-13-2016, 05:48 PM
So they're going to be Kroenkes bitch. lol raiders

I'd play at a High School stadium before I partnered with Stan Kroenke, especially from a position of weakness.

Spanos is going to regret this one big time.

Stupid, stupid decision.

DJ's left nut
01-13-2016, 05:49 PM

It's cute that you think Kroenke did anything benevolent.

There are strings. There are always strings with that guy.

Believe me, within the next 10 years Kroenke will be breaking it off in Spanos and frankly, Spanos will deserve it.

ModSocks
01-13-2016, 05:52 PM
Are people in San Diego pissed off about this, or this distance not that much of a deal?

San Diego and Los Angeles are only 2-3 hours apart, it's a straight shot up the I5 Freeway, but San Diego does not like L.A at all. Think Jane vs Marcia

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-yZHveWFvqM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

San Diego is a great city. Better than L.A in the opinion of San Diegans. But L.A gets all the attention and all the championships...and now they get San Diego's team too.

ModSocks
01-13-2016, 05:53 PM
Anyway, this may pave the way for your new SAN DIEGO RAIDERS!

Kiimo
01-13-2016, 05:54 PM
San Diego is a better city than LA and they should have built a stadium next to Gaslamp.

milkman
01-13-2016, 06:01 PM
San Diego and Los Angeles are only 2-3 hours apart, it's a straight shot up the I5 Freeway, but San Diego does not like L.A at all. Think Jane vs Marcia

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-yZHveWFvqM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

San Diego is a great city. Better than L.A in the opinion of San Diegans. But L.A gets all the attention and all the championships...and now they get San Diego's team too.

San Diego is better than L.A.

milkman
01-13-2016, 06:02 PM
Oh and lose the "e" on Jane.

Eleazar
01-13-2016, 06:04 PM
Not only do they have a terrible owner, but their terrible owner is vassal to an even more terrible owner.

Prison Bitch
01-13-2016, 06:05 PM
I don't understand why TWO teams needed to move to LA at once. Rather strange if you ask me. I like the Chargers in San Diego. I guess maybe Spanos thought he would lose any of the LA fan-base unless he moved.

I understand the San Diego stadium is sub-par, but they seem unwilling to work with them.

This

sd4chiefs
01-13-2016, 06:08 PM
Somebody needs to tell the local San Diego Media because they are all still gloating about yesterdays decision.

Eleazar
01-13-2016, 06:10 PM
UPDATE 6:43 p.m.: The Chargers have denied that anything is imminent.

TribalElder
01-13-2016, 06:11 PM
Not even LA wants the raiders

Toby Waller
01-13-2016, 06:11 PM
Rams = Giants
Chargers= Jets

ModSocks
01-13-2016, 06:12 PM
Somebody needs to tell the local San Diego Media because they are all still gloating about yesterdays decision.

Beat me to it. It's also kinda surprising considering how much the Spanos family has openly refused to work with Kronke, going so far to tell the media that they have not, and will not talk to the Rams regarding Inglewood. There's reports out there that Dean does not like Stan and doesn't trust Stan.

chinaski
01-13-2016, 06:14 PM
Well, at least I'll be able to see the Chiefs play locally a few times a year. So that is a positive. Otherwise, I think it's a really dumb move.

Spott
01-13-2016, 06:14 PM

More like 3, unless you make that drive at 3 in the morning when traffic is only moderate.

sd4chiefs
01-13-2016, 06:17 PM

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Report-Chargers-Plan-to-Accept-LA-Deal-Rams-365209351.html

Buck
01-13-2016, 06:48 PM
There's nothing official about the link in OP

Hoover
01-13-2016, 07:07 PM
I don't mind this.

Franky the Chiefs should be on the phone trying to sell some corporate sponsirships and packages in STL.

As for the Raiders, I really think they should stay in the bay area. Especially since the 49ers are all the way on the south side of the bay. Now if they want to relocate, move them to San Diago, but only if President Trump doesn't build that wall....

Red Dawg
01-13-2016, 07:25 PM
I would hate not to have my teams stadium to ourselves.

Gadzooks
01-13-2016, 07:41 PM

These types of threads will pop-up for the next year.:rolleyes:

Bwana
01-13-2016, 07:42 PM
These types of threads will pop-up for the next year.:rolleyes:

So you think they will be staying in SD?

dls6501
01-13-2016, 07:44 PM
I just dont understand this whole thing. LA failed with 2 teams before. Why dont they try one team first?

Everyone has approached this whole topic with what is the best for each individual team, when never has "what is best for LA" been discussed.

I know.....EFF LA right? I'm just saying.

Gadzooks
01-13-2016, 07:45 PM
So you think they will be staying in SD?

Not necessarily, they have a reprieve and L.A. is tainted.

DaneMcCloud
01-13-2016, 07:49 PM
I just dont understand this whole thing.

Clearly

ChiefsCountry
01-13-2016, 07:50 PM
Franky the Chiefs should be on the phone trying to sell some corporate sponsirships and packages in STL.

I think a preseason game about every 3 years in St. Louis would be smart for political reasons. Keep good relations with all the politicians in the state case you need state money.

ChiefsCountry
01-13-2016, 07:52 PM
I just dont understand this whole thing. LA failed with 2 teams before. Why dont they try one team first?

LA failed because they had shitty stadiums and bat shit owners.

Kiimo
01-13-2016, 08:12 PM

Pro Football Talk is usually legit. The fact that the Chargers went and denied it and then PFT added their denial but kept the story says...something, I'm not sure what.

ChiefsCountry
01-13-2016, 08:15 PM
Rams want them their ASAP. They can't sell the naming rights or premium seats without the second tenant.

CaliforniaChief
01-13-2016, 08:17 PM
I listen to San Diego sports talk radio a lot (it's a powerful signal), and my heart goes out to those guys. It just sucks...I really hoped for their sake that after yesterday Spanos would realize that he had an opportunity to cross back over that bridge, take the $100 million, work with the city, and get a deal done. He would have been a hero for it...but nah.

Kiimo
01-13-2016, 08:23 PM
Well I suppose he could still, if they're denying it. I see no reason why they wouldn't use the whole year and see what develops.

That being said if they DON'T go the friggin Raiders could and man.

That just sucks for everyone all around.

ChiefsCountry
01-13-2016, 08:28 PM
Well I suppose he could still, if they're denying it. I see no reason why they wouldn't use the whole year and see what develops.

Raiders can't do anything for a year in Los Angeles and its contingent on San Diego not moving there. Chargers have a year to work something out in San Diego or move to Los Angeles.

01-13-2016, 08:35 PM

I hope the Chargers don't move. SD is one of my favorite road trip destinations. Although Qualcomm should be nuked from orbit.

DaneMcCloud
01-13-2016, 08:41 PM
Raiders can't do anything for a year in Los Angeles and its contingent on San Diego not moving there. Chargers have a year to work something out in San Diego or move to Los Angeles.

I don't think there's a chance in hell that Kroenke allows Mark Davis and the Raiders to share his stadium, regardless of what happens with the Chargers situation.

BryanBusby
01-13-2016, 08:43 PM

Qualcomm would be empty, outside of visiting team fans, for all of next season.

Unless they're announcing that they are staying for good in the next month or two, it would be business suicide for the Chargers. If they are going to go, they need to do it soon.

Buck
01-13-2016, 08:44 PM
Pro Football Talk is usually legit. The fact that the Chargers went and denied it and then PFT added their denial but kept the story says...something, I'm not sure what.

Official means the papers are signed.

Buck
01-13-2016, 08:45 PM
Here's a fun scenario to think about if you're the Chargers.

1. You move to LA
2. The Raiders move to SD
3. You have no fans in LA
4. All the former Chargers fans in SD are now Raiders fans
5. You have no fans anywhere
6. You lose a lot of money

Toby Waller
01-13-2016, 08:46 PM
http://static01.nyt.com/images/2012/03/26/sports/yanderson7/yanderson7-popup.jpg

ChiefsCountry
01-13-2016, 08:55 PM
I don't think there's a chance in hell that Kroenke allows Mark Davis and the Raiders to share his stadium, regardless of what happens with the Chargers situation.

I agree.

Toby Waller
01-13-2016, 08:55 PM
http://www.helmethut.com/Chargers/1960Chargers%20001.jpg

Toby Waller
01-13-2016, 08:58 PM
http://sportspaper.info/nfl/seasons/1960/afl-game-program_1960-12-04_lac-oak.jpg

Dayze
01-14-2016, 07:02 AM
I wouldn't care if the Raiders disappeared out of the league.
a guy that works in our warehouse wears Raiders shit all the time. he's from here, his entire family is from here. white guy, but dresses like a moron. Dresses very Urban.

now why would you, being from KC your entire life, your entire family from this area, decide "I'm gonna be a Raider fan"? Because their logo, and everything about them is associated with lowlife trash and idiots think it makes them look tough by wearing it.

I would laugh my balls off if Oakland were to leave and be renamed.

Spott
01-14-2016, 08:13 AM
I wouldn't care if the Raiders disappeared out of the league.
a guy that works in our warehouse wears Raiders shit all the time. he's from here, his entire family is from here. white guy, but dresses like a moron. Dresses very Urban.

now why would you, being from KC your entire life, your entire family from this area, decide "I'm gonna be a Raider fan"? Because their logo, and everything about them is associated with lowlife trash and idiots think it makes them look tough by wearing it.

I would laugh my balls off if Oakland were to leave and be renamed.

The more I think about it, they would be a great fit for St Louis.

Coogs
01-14-2016, 08:45 AM
You can tell I am old school. I want the Raiders to stay in Oakland and the Chargers to stay in Sandy Eggo. Love me some original AFC West. Didn't really care for Seattle being an AFC West team at one time. Just didn't seem right.

Tonka83
01-14-2016, 09:19 AM
Qualcomm would be empty, outside of visiting team fans, for all of next season.

So.... business as usual?

Kiimo
01-14-2016, 12:59 PM
I know I'm supposed to hate Kroenke but he is businessing circles around other businessers. He's making them look like total chumps at this point and an insider was just on the radio saying the way this is going is increasingly that Kroenke will own the LA market alone and the Chargers and Raiders will use their 100m to stay in their towns.

Neither team apparently wants to be the lamprey to Kroenke.

saphojunkie
01-14-2016, 01:18 PM

That's exactly what he said.

Kiimo
01-14-2016, 01:18 PM
Kroenke is making basically a 3 billion gamble when you include the stadium, land and relocation fees. He's the only owner of the 3 who can do that, considering he and his wife are worth 13 billion or whatever. It's a huge gamble because you are relying on LA to embrace the team who won't play in a new stadium for three years. Also in a time of decreasing PSLs from businesses you can't really count on that corporate sponsorship. Consider the lack of sales for Atlanta's stadium.

So Kroenke is one of the only owners who can actually afford to take this gamble, the Chargers and Raiders are forced to saddle up to the big fish now that Carson is dead. So what's the point? Does anybody think Spanos or Davis truly believes that a partnership with Kroenke is a benevolent deal?

NO chance on that. The NFL is saying hey you need to offer them partnership for the next two years. I forsee that offer getting worse and worse with each passing day as Kroenke figures out ways to exploit it. He just ponied up all the cash to take the risk. He is probably thinking he is entitled to all the revenue and he is right.

The risk of this thing failing increases with a second team considering Los Angeles' climate regarding football. What possible benefits would having the Chargers or Raiders share the stadium that he built on the land that he bought be? He doesn't need their cash and their presence decreases the odds of success.

I'm convinced the Chargers would be stupid to move and the Raiders will get forced out. Just my limited opinion based on talk radio today.

saphojunkie
01-14-2016, 01:21 PM
I know I'm supposed to hate Kroenke but he is businessing circles around other businessers. He's making them look like total chumps at this point and an insider was just on the radio saying the way this is going is increasingly that Kroenke will own the LA market alone and the Chargers and Raiders will use their 100m to stay in their towns.

Neither team apparently wants to be the lamprey to Kroenke.

Best possible scenario, actually.

While I liked the idea of having Chiefs games on local TV twice a year, I don't see why just having the LA Rams wouldn't be enough.

Then again, New York has two sports teams in the big 3 sports, why can't LA?

Kiimo
01-14-2016, 01:26 PM
For several reasons I'd say. Demographics being one, history of failure another. The Jets and Giants have also built up fan bases for decades.

If the Chargers move to LA you're asking Angelinos to not only get behind one new "football" sport team, but two.

The Chargers are second-fiddle. They'd alienate their only fanbase in the hopes of winning a new one that already followed the Rams and Raiders, in a stadium bought and paid for by the owner of their direct competition for entertainment dollars.

Also Spanos would straight-up be Kroenke's Little Bitch. For life.

scho63
01-14-2016, 01:37 PM
This outcome was so predictable. Just as I thought, the Chargers and Raiders each get $100 million to subsidize a new stadium.

I can see the Chargers sharing the stadium, it should work well. Not good for the Raiders in any way.

They should just build a new stadium in Oakland, they fill the damn thing so why not.

The Redskins are in the process of locating a new stadium as well and could be back in Maryland, DC, or in Virginia. Their stadium was one of the worst built POS I've ever seen and fell apart quickly. It's all rusty everywhere.

Once again, things worked out well for everyone but the Faiders! ROFLROFLROFL

Toby Waller
01-14-2016, 01:39 PM
For several reasons I'd say. Demographics being one, history of failure another. The Jets and Giants have also built up fan bases for decades.

If the Chargers move to LA you're asking Angelinos to not only get behind one new "football" sport team, but two.

The Chargers are second-fiddle. They'd alienate their only fanbase in the hopes of winning a new one that already followed the Rams and Raiders, in a stadium bought and paid for by the owner of their direct competition for entertainment dollars.

Also Spanos would straight-up be Kroenke's Little Bitch. For life.

Rams are the Giants
Chargers are the Jets
Same crap,different day.
Dallas hasn't won big in a while and they still rule in the nfl world.
Don't worry,the nfl machine will make sure the Rams become and stay nationally popular as they are already a sort of nfl original 6 team. They are going to get rid of that little cookie cutter curved ram logo they have on their sleeve for something larger and fierce too .....that's a lot of typing on a phone,

Kiimo
01-15-2016, 12:34 PM
I hate to say anything "official" after making this "official" thread but San Diego media reporting that Spanos has "officially" re-opened negotiations with the city of San Diego.

Great news imo.

sd4chiefs
01-17-2016, 10:11 AM
The Chargers in San Diego is near, as the team will announce it’s move to Los Angeles later this week.

http://fansided.com/2016/01/16/report-chargers-move-los-angeles-next-week/

It seemed like only a matter of time before the Chargers announced their move to Los Angeles, and it appears that time will come next week. Despite biding their time in the wake of the Rams move from St. Louis to Los Angeles, the Chargers will indeed announce the move soon which allows them to get a head start on season ticket sales in their new home.

GloucesterChief
01-17-2016, 10:14 AM
The Chargers in San Diego is near, as the team will announce it’s move to Los Angeles later this week.

http://fansided.com/2016/01/16/report-chargers-move-los-angeles-next-week/

It seemed like only a matter of time before the Chargers announced their move to Los Angeles, and it appears that time will come next week. Despite biding their time in the wake of the Rams move from St. Louis to Los Angeles, the Chargers will indeed announce the move soon which allows them to get a head start on season ticket sales in their new home.

I expect the Raiders will make a deal with San Diego and get a new stadium there. That leaves the NFL with SLC, SA, and maybe Vegas as potential blackmail cities along with St. Louis and Oakland. Doubtful that StL and OAK have as much oomph as the other three.

sd4chiefs
01-17-2016, 10:25 AM
I expect the Raiders will make a deal with San Diego and get a new stadium there. That leaves the NFL with SLC, SA, and maybe Vegas as potential blackmail cities along with St. Louis and Oakland. Doubtful that StL and OAK have as much oomph as the other three.

I just don't see how the City of San Diego will get voter approval on a new stadium for the Raiders.

GloucesterChief
01-17-2016, 10:43 AM
I just don't see how the City of San Diego will get voter approval on a new stadium for the Raiders.

Qualcomm even though it is a dump is still much better than the Oakland coliseum which is pretty much crumbling.

Quesadilla Joe
01-29-2016, 03:40 PM
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2016/jan/29/chargers-rams-agree-principle-decision/

The Chargers have reached an agreement in principle with the Los Angeles Rams regarding the two teams sharing a stadium in Inglewood.

The agreement allows the Chargers to move to Los Angeles.

The question that remains is when that will happen — or if it will.

The next step is for Chargers chairman Dean Spanos to announce his decision about whether he will give his adopted hometown another try. Two sources indicated Friday that announcement is imminent, but they did not provide specifics.

NFL owners voted earlier this month to allow the Rams to move from Los Angeles and gave the Chargers the option to join them. The sides began meeting the following week and focused on a deal brokered by the NFL in which the Chargers would be a tenant in the Inglewood stadium, which is set to open in 2019.

The Chargers have until January 15, 2017, to exercise their option to move. If they get a stadium initiative approved this year, that deadline could be extended to 2018 to allow for legal challenges or a second election, if necessary.

Quesadilla Joe
01-29-2016, 04:51 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: Chargers are staying in San Diego for the 2016 season, Dean Spanos announces in a statement.</p>&mdash; San Diego Sports (@sdutSports) <a href="https://twitter.com/sdutSports/status/693203683874504704">January 29, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

KCUnited
01-29-2016, 04:58 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: Chargers are staying in San Diego for the 2016 season, Dean Spanos announces in a statement.</p>&mdash; San Diego Sports (@sdutSports) <a href="https://twitter.com/sdutSports/status/693203683874504704">January 29, 2016</a></blockquote>

YASS! /2 guys

DaneMcCloud
01-29-2016, 05:10 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000630032/article/chargers-announce-they-will-stay-in-san-diego-for-2016

Today I decided our team will stay in San Diego for the 2016 season and I hope for the long term in a new stadium. Every game, all season

I have met with Mayor Faulconer and Supervisor Roberts and I look forward to working closely with them and the business community to resolve our stadium dilemma. We have an option and an agreement with the Los Angeles Rams to go to Inglewood in the next year, but my focus is on San Diego.

This has been our home for 55 years, and I want to keep the team here and provide the world-class stadium experience you deserve.

Everyone on both sides of the table in San Diego must now determine the best next steps and how to deploy the additional resources provided by the NFL. I am committed to looking at this with a fresh perspective and new sense of possibility.

With deep appreciation for your years of support.

Toby Waller
01-29-2016, 05:10 PM
we've agreed to open the door...come in.

ok..we dont know if we want to walk in yet...or at all...even though we spent time convincing you to let us in

America..money..government..freedom..busy work.. bureaucracy

Sassy Squatch
01-29-2016, 05:11 PM
Why? If you are going to LA just do it. So stupid.

DaneMcCloud
01-29-2016, 05:15 PM
Why? If you are going to LA just do it. So stupid.

The Spanos family doesn't want to play second fiddle to the Rams, which will obviously be the case.

Dean Spanos said in that statement that the Chargers are committed to building a stadium in San Diego and with the NFL chipping in at least $100 million, I'll be surprised if it doesn't happen.

No one in Los Angeles cares about the Chargers. They're San Diego's team.

Rausch
01-29-2016, 05:18 PM
A retiring Manning and two teams looking to piss on the home fans.

Oh, 2016 looks so bright I gotta' wear shades...:popcorn:

Sassy Squatch
01-29-2016, 05:20 PM
The Spanos family doesn't want to play second fiddle to the Rams, which will obviously be the case.

Dean Spanos said in that statement that the Chargers are committed to building a stadium in San Diego and with the NFL chipping in at least $100 million, I'll be surprised if it doesn't happen.

No one in Los Angeles cares about the Chargers. They're San Diego's team.
At least the Raiders going to LA makes a tiny bit of sense.

DaneMcCloud
01-29-2016, 05:21 PM
At least the Raiders going to LA makes a tiny bit of sense.

Well, they cultivated a fan base here in the 80's but business leaders nor the mayor want the Raiders (or the Chargers for that matter) in Los Angeles.

Al Bundy
01-29-2016, 05:24 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">UPDATE: Roger Goodell &amp; NFL ownership have committed $300 million to assist in building a new stadium in San Diego. <a href="https://t.co/gH7xI74nip">https://t.co/gH7xI74nip</a></p>&mdash; SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) <a href="https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/693211899836665856">January 29, 2016</a></blockquote>

DaneMcCloud
01-29-2016, 05:25 PM
It's going to get done in San Diego.

It may not be where Spanos wants it to be but it'll get done.
<iframe style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" allowfullscreen="true" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe><iframe style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" allowfullscreen="true" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Al Bundy
01-29-2016, 05:26 PM
It's going to get done in San Diego.

It may not be where Spanos wants it to be but it'll get done.
<iframe style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" allowfullscreen="true" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe><iframe style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" allowfullscreen="true" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe>

That is kind of how I feel.

ModSocks
01-29-2016, 05:29 PM
Good. I couldn't give two fucks about the Chargers, but i wan't my city to stay an NFL city.

DaneMcCloud
01-29-2016, 05:38 PM
With the NFL chipping in $300 million, this is a no-brainer. It'll get done.

SAUTO
01-29-2016, 05:39 PM

Shit 300 from the nfl, and saving the 550 relocation fee gets quite a ways towards a new stadium

ModSocks
01-29-2016, 05:55 PM

Frugal San Diego voters.

Remember, this is a conservative city. The mere mention of the word "tax" sends this city into a tizzy. This is a voter base that voted AGAINST a tourism tax....It takes all kinds of stupid to say "no, **** you tourists! We aren't going to tax you shit, WE'LL foot the bill ourselves instead. Take THAT politicians!"

So it's not done yet.

Buck
01-29-2016, 05:56 PM
It's always been 300. 100 as a gift and 200 as a loan. Unless they're saying 300 is a gift, the Chargers are still considering the 200 as their own money.

DaneMcCloud
01-29-2016, 05:57 PM
Frugal San Diego voters.

Remember, this is a conservative city. The mere mention of the word "tax" sends this city into a tizzy. This is a voter base that voted AGAINST a tourism tax....It takes all kinds of stupid to say "no, **** you tourists! We aren't going to tax you shit, WE'LL foot the bill ourselves instead. Take THAT politicians!"

So it's not done yet.

I think that it will get done, eventually, but it won't hold a candle to Kroenke World, nor should it.

IMO, a nice 65,000 seat stadium with nice amenities and parking is all that's needed.

ModSocks
01-29-2016, 06:01 PM
I think that it will get done, eventually, but it won't hold a candle to Kroenke World, nor should it.

IMO, a nice 65,000 seat stadium with nice amenities and parking is all that's needed.

Oh of course. It'll be the Toyota Camry to Kroenke's Benz. But the Voters have to approve it and that's going to be the BIGGEST hurdle. So if the Chargers are serious about staying in SD, they better start spinning that PR machine.

SAUTO
01-29-2016, 06:04 PM
Oh of course. It'll be the Toyota Camry to Kroenke's Benz. But the Voters have to approve it and that's going to be the BIGGEST hurdle. So if the Chargers are serious about staying in SD, they better start spinning that PR machine.

Anns mom is the one who drives the benz...

ChiefsCountry
01-29-2016, 06:26 PM
Anns mom is the one who drives the benz...

This is true.

Quesadilla Joe
01-29-2016, 06:34 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">So it&#39;s looks like we are going to be in San Diego for another season. The stadium better be packed. The fans got what they wanted.</p>&mdash; Keenan Allen (@Keenan13Allen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Keenan13Allen/status/693223728793030656">January 30, 2016</a></blockquote>

SAUTO
01-29-2016, 06:39 PM
This is true.

It's funny because most of the rest of the fleet are gm products.

New World Order
01-29-2016, 06:56 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">So it&#39;s looks like we are going to be in San Diego for another season. The stadium better be packed. The fans got what they wanted.</p>&mdash; Keenan Allen (@Keenan13Allen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Keenan13Allen/status/693223728793030656">January 30, 2016</a></blockquote>

All 3 of them.

Rausch
01-29-2016, 07:06 PM

That'll work...:rolleyes:

hometeam
01-29-2016, 07:10 PM

http://p-fst1.pixstatic.com/506b09bafb04d60a590014a6._w.540_s.fit_.jpg

rabblerouser
01-29-2016, 07:45 PM

What a way to endear yourself to the fans, Keenan.

Sell outs are guaranteed.

RobBlake
01-29-2016, 11:59 PM
i'll gladly take Allen on my team.. keep it up Allen

Toby Waller
01-30-2016, 12:45 AM
how dare you take the team from our city....even though we pay hundreds of dollars to sit in a chair and watch them lose year after year after year

http://sas.suplitodomedia.com/articles_images/GamblersPalace/STL-vs.-SD.jpg

Gravedigger
01-30-2016, 01:50 AM

I feel bad for San Diego fans, honestly. It's not 2-12 Chiefs bad, but there's no direction with that franchise. I don't see them as a serious playoff contender for quite awhile, a franchise, similar to the Rams that will live off the newness of a state of the art stadium and a fresh fanbase to deceive into thinking they're not the same old Rams and Chargers. I love the look of your stadium, would love to visit there after it's all built, but your owners are trash, that part will not change anytime soon.

I could see both teams looking for new coaches going into that stadium year, it'll probably line up that way.

RippedmyFlesh
01-30-2016, 01:58 AM
What a way to endear yourself to the fans, Keenan.

Sell outs are guaranteed.

I know what an a hole. We'll come back for 1 more year and leave your sorry ass.

01-30-2016, 03:45 AM

what an ass. Bet the fans just love him.

Jiu Jitsu Jon
01-30-2016, 08:23 AM

Don't worry, when the Raiders come to town it will be packed with black jerseys.