PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs What matchup are you most looking forward to?

BossChief
01-16-2016, 12:19 PM
This game is gonna be stocked with ultra premier matchups across the field on both sides on the ball.

The matchup I'm most looking forward to is Marcus Peters on Julian Edelman.

If Peters (and Abdullah/Parker when Edelman lines up in the slot) can lock Edelman down and jump routes thrown to him because Brady is gonna want to feed him a lot...we're gonna win this one.

What's the matchup you're really looking forward to?

ClevelandBronco
01-16-2016, 12:20 PM
Broncos-Patriots

Mennonite
01-16-2016, 12:24 PM
Brady vs Turf

Bowser
01-16-2016, 12:27 PM
Poe/Bailey/Howard vs. their line. Faces should be raped, namely Brady's.

SAUTO
01-16-2016, 12:33 PM
The lines. Both ways.

Should be the key to the matchup.

And our secondary vs their catchers

Bowser
01-16-2016, 12:35 PM
The lines. Both ways.

Should be the key to the matchup.

And our secondary vs their catchers

I have no doubt that both Gronk and Edelman will be 100% ready to go. Peters has to be ready, as does Berry and Branch for Gronk. I wonder if they'll put Sean Smith and his 6'3 size on Gronk?

Steven Nelson might play a big role in this game today, as well.

BossChief
01-16-2016, 12:49 PM
How about Eric Fisher on Chandler Jones and Jabaal Sheard?

Kelce matching up on Jamie Collins (who leads the NFL in forced fumbles)

SAUTO
01-16-2016, 12:50 PM
I have no doubt that both Gronk and Edelman will be 100% ready to go. Peters has to be ready, as does Berry and Branch for Gronk. I wonder if they'll put Sean Smith and his 6'3 size on Gronk?

Whispers starting gronk is out

BossChief
01-16-2016, 12:53 PM

I was told last night that he winces when going up and down stairs...even after the epidural.

I wouldn't be surprised if he either can't go, or is completely ineffective if he does.

Bowser
01-16-2016, 12:53 PM
How about Eric Fisher on Chandler Jones and Jabaal Sheard?

Kelce matching up on Jamie Collins (who leads the NFL in forced fumbles)

Defending against Kelce? Yikes.

Bowser
01-16-2016, 12:54 PM

I was told last night that he winces when going up and down stairs...even after the epidural.

I wouldn't be surprised if he either can't go, or is completely ineffective if he does.

Jesus, what did that guy do to himself on the bye week?

BossChief
01-16-2016, 12:54 PM
He better be ready to secure the ball.

ChiefAshhole1056
01-16-2016, 12:55 PM

Where are these coming from?

Buehler445
01-16-2016, 12:58 PM
Poe, Baily, Howard, Houston, Hali vs OL/scheme.

The Franchise
01-16-2016, 12:59 PM
Jesus, what did that guy do to himself on the bye week?

Probably putting up with Chandler Jones.

Bowser
01-16-2016, 01:01 PM
Probably putting up with Chandler Jones.

Jones is having himself a week. Having to answer all these questions, all the scrutiny, blowing out Gronkowski's back, giving Belichick a black eye.... :D

MikeMaslowski
01-16-2016, 01:01 PM

They just showed him on NFLN getting a cart ride to the locker room, usually they do that cool guy walk in with headphones. And his house is for sale in Boston.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-16-2016, 01:03 PM
Poe, Baily, Howard, Houston, Hali vs OL/scheme.

Agreed . This is our key to shutting them down , pressure up the middle. Make Brady have to move and the edge guys will clean it up.

I just have this gut feeling Belicheck has a hit ordered on the knees of howard or poe to take them out of the game. That happens and it's a whole different ball game.

BossChief
01-16-2016, 01:04 PM
Jones is having himself a week. Having to answer all these questions, all the scrutiny, blowing out Gronkowski's back, giving Belichick a black eye.... :D

Synthetic weed is one hell of a drug.

BossChief
01-16-2016, 01:05 PM
Agreed . This is our key to shutting them down , pressure up the middle. Make Brady have to move and the edge guys will clean it up.

I just have this gut feeling Belicheck has a hit ordered on the knees of howard or poe to take them out of the game. That happens and it's a whole different ball game.
The refs will take care of that.

This crew has called more roughing the passer penalties than any crew.

xztop123
01-16-2016, 01:05 PM
I guess if Sean Smith can get his hands on their tiny WR's.

and how Poe and Bailey are able to push the pocket. Then it will be how well Justin Houston is pushing his blocker.

On offense --- I dont know yet.

BossChief
01-16-2016, 01:06 PM
They just showed him on NFLN getting a cart ride to the locker room, usually they do that cool guy walk in with headphones. And his house is for sale in Boston.

I hope our defense hits him right in the mouth if he decides to play.

Bowser
01-16-2016, 01:07 PM
Synthetic weed is one hell of a drug.

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc45/snesfreak/cocaine.gif (http://s214.photobucket.com/user/snesfreak/media/cocaine.gif.html)

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-16-2016, 01:13 PM

Patriots | Rob Gronkowski aiming to play

Fri, 15 Jan 2016 21:46:19 -0800

New England Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski (knee, back) is going to play but won't be 100% against the Kansas City Chiefs in the divisional round of the playoffs Saturday, Jan. 16, according to Patriots beat writer Jeff Howe. "The expectation is he's going to try and gut through this thing," said Howe. "It's not going to be easy. He's not going to be anywhere close to one-hundred percent. Gronkowski's not going to miss this game."

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/24/nfl/new-england-patriots#ixzz3xR71e9Ky

BossChief
01-16-2016, 01:20 PM
I hope Gronk plays. We have elite guys to cover him and if he's not 100%, I welcome him on the field.

OldSchool
01-16-2016, 01:21 PM
Alex Smith's and Reid's football minds vs Bill Bellicheat. Can Smith and Reid pick apart that defense again like they did the last time they played each other?

milkman
01-16-2016, 01:32 PM

More likely to see Ron Parker on Gronk, with safety help over the top.

I am curious to see just how healthy Edelman is.

I just don't believe he will be close to as effective as he as pre-injury.

scho63
01-16-2016, 01:43 PM
Salma Hayek's cooch vs. my face

Should be an epic battle!

nychieffan
01-16-2016, 01:45 PM
Brady's face and the turf.

ChiTown
01-16-2016, 01:47 PM
Brady's face and the turf.

/thread

Bowser
01-16-2016, 01:47 PM

When was the last time he played, week 8? And coming off a broken foot? I'm with you, he won't be that dynamic player Brady leans on. But that said, he and Brady are completely on the same page and I expected a play or three out of him today. Kind of like Gronk (if he plays) - just contain him, don't let him get loose and wreak havoc.

TimeForWasp
01-16-2016, 01:53 PM
Broncos-Patriots

So Chiefs -Steelers it is.

BossChief
01-16-2016, 01:56 PM
From what I saw of practice stuff from a week or so ago, Edelman looked to be running and cutting at full speed.

My fear is they will try to spread us out 5 wide and pick on Jamel Fleming

AirForceChief
01-16-2016, 01:58 PM
I hope the Chiefs give Parker a chance to cover Gronk early, one on one. If Parker can handle that, I think he can, then that opens up everything for the Chiefs defense.

Mr. Laz
01-16-2016, 01:59 PM
Edelmann vs whomever we put on him
Houston vs Pat's OT

we win both of those and we win the game imo

Saccopoo
01-16-2016, 02:00 PM

Broken foot and he didn't play in a must play game against the Dolphins.

Fuck these guys.

If the front three can put any pressure on Brady, our defense will have a field day. However, I'd blitz him early and put the thought in his head that he's going to get massacred all game long.

Bowser
01-16-2016, 02:00 PM
I hope the Chiefs give Parker a chance to cover Gronk early, one on one. If Parker can handle that, I think he can, then that opens up everything for the Chiefs defense.

I bet they try it early, especially if it's true that Gronk is as hobbled as they say he is.

OldSchool
01-16-2016, 02:05 PM
I hope they give DJ and Berry a kill order to take out Gronk.

BossChief
01-16-2016, 02:05 PM
Id be worried about Parker not getting Gronk to the ground if he makes the catch and turning a 8 yard catch into a 25 yard play that gives them energy.

Our defense needs to be the aggressor and not give NE any hope.

Saccopoo
01-16-2016, 02:07 PM
I hope they give DJ and Berry a kill order to take out Gronk.

Gronk has already done that to himself.

Pressure Brady on his weak ankle and everything else is easy defensively. It took Miami two sacks and six pressures to completely rattle him.

ClevelandBronco
01-16-2016, 02:41 PM
So Chiefs -Steelers it is.

Yeah, you're going to piss off most of the country with that shit.