PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Defense is a Fraud

jspchief
01-16-2016, 05:40 PM
Benefitted from playing garbage teams and 3rd string qbs.

I knew our offense was mediocre but shame on me for buying into the D.

Chiefs4TheWin
01-16-2016, 05:41 PM
Stop the meltdown it's the f'n Patriots.

oaklandhater
01-16-2016, 05:42 PM
Benefitted from playing garbage teams and 3rd string qbs.

I knew our offense was mediocre but shame on me for buying into the D.

Nah we just don't have Houston I still have faith in our defense I have none in our offense with smith

jspchief
01-16-2016, 05:44 PM
Nah we just don't have Houston I still have faith in our defense I have none in our offense with smith
Houston wouldn't matter. Brady releases the ball too quick and our secondary can't cover these guys.

-King-
01-16-2016, 05:45 PM
Having one of the best 3 players on defense healthy wouldn't matter.

Right.

ChiliConCarnage
01-16-2016, 05:47 PM
The New England offense was raping anything that looked it's way to start the year. Now they're healthy again. Brady doesn't turn it over. It was gonna require O to make plays.

New World Order
01-16-2016, 05:47 PM
Houston isn't even playing.

Trivers
01-16-2016, 05:48 PM
Drunk drama queen.

Game ain't over.

Playing one of the best offenses.

oaklandhater
01-16-2016, 05:48 PM
Having one of the best 3 players on defense healthy wouldn't matter.

Right.

This

kcpasco
01-16-2016, 05:49 PM
Nope, Brady is good.

Rasputin
Can't this shit be done after the game? Their is still a fucking quarter to play.

CupidStunt
I'm not making excuses, they're not playing well, but it's fucking hard to stop this offense - you have a top 5 QB in NFL history throwing insanely accurate passes within 2 seconds of the snap. You'd say get up in their face, but in this league it just doesn't happen.

I'll bet anything they shred NE and whoever they face in he Super Bowl as well.

MAG
01-16-2016, 05:56 PM
They suck

mnchiefsguy
01-16-2016, 05:56 PM
It is the DC, not the talent.

Sutton cannot game plan worth a shit against good offenses....we see this time and time again.

baitism
01-16-2016, 05:57 PM
Our safeties are being exposed for the garbage that they are.

Hoover
01-16-2016, 05:58 PM
Brady is good, and we are missing our best defensinve player.

Why Not?
01-16-2016, 06:01 PM
Brady is great. But the defense has sucked today, make no mistake.

Bearcat
01-16-2016, 06:02 PM
Eh, same as it ever was, but don't know how much of the blame I'd put on the defense at this point... you need to keep Brady off the field and score touchdowns, like their last drive. But yeah, it's hard and pretty pointless to evaluate against shit teams.

KChiefs1
01-16-2016, 06:07 PM
Sucks ass.

B2chiefsfan
01-16-2016, 06:09 PM
Give them credit... they got this far... you do realize who their playing with in their house... right...???

kcxiv
01-16-2016, 06:09 PM
Defense is fine they dropped some int's. Hali is hurt. Houston isn't playing.

Our problem is the offense. They aren't good they are average at best.

the Talking Can
01-16-2016, 06:11 PM
brady is the best qb ever

our offense has no excuse

jspchief
01-16-2016, 06:17 PM
Name the best offense the Chiefs D played well against this year. 3rd string QBs excluded.

B2chiefsfan
01-16-2016, 06:20 PM
How many backups playing in the NFL this year....???

Chiefnj2
01-16-2016, 06:21 PM
D needs a pass rush. Ford can't do it. Hali is hurt and Houston is out.

Tribal Warfare
01-16-2016, 06:21 PM
Name the best offense the Chiefs D played well against this year. 3rd string QBs excluded.

The Chiefs Defense eventually would've faced this situation, hence the need for a true Franchise QB.

Molitoth
01-16-2016, 06:22 PM
Brady (the quickest release in the NFL) vs. Bob Suttons defense (10+ yard pad) was about the easiest prediction this week.

It doesn't matter if Edelman was healthy or not, Brady was going to throw quick slants and crossing routes all game to whatever scrub was lining up. Bob Sutton can't adjust, and we've seen it I don't know how many times.

On the other side of the ball, Andy Reid has no trust in Alex Smith (and I see why) to throw downfield... so he call bubble screen and horizontal passes time and time again.
He should at least just run the ball all 3 downs.

DaneMcCloud
01-16-2016, 06:24 PM
The Chiefs Defense eventually would've faced this situation, hence the need for a true Franchise QB.

Bullshit.

This "Franchise QB" nonsense is BULLSHIT.

As it stands in 2016, teams need a HALL OF FAME QB to go to and win a Super Bowl, not just a "franchise" guy.

Hall of Fame.

Those don't grow on trees.

DaneMcCloud
01-16-2016, 06:25 PM
The defense is missing it's best pass rusher, the guy who put up 22 sacks last year and because they've given up 27 to the best offense in the league, on the road, they're frauds?

What a bunch of fucking bullshit.

ModSocks
01-16-2016, 06:25 PM
Brady is just playing lights out, really.

Deberg_1990
01-16-2016, 06:26 PM

This

When a top tier QB is 'on' there is only so much a defense can do to slow him down.

You need another top tier QB on your side to match him step for step.

I blame the offense more today for missed opportunities.

But the defense did miss a shot at a couple of INTs

jonzie04
It is the DC, not the talent.

Sutton cannot game plan worth a shit against good offenses....we see this time and time again.

I think it's on sutton as well. He has some pretty nice 3rd down blitzes, but pretty much all he does is rely on the talent, and the front 4 getting there.

And no adjustments at all... Sure why not, lets keep giving New England a free mismatch, by putting our safeties on their slot receivers, when we have 2 pro bowl caliber corners on the outside doing nothing.

Oh Tom Brady, you like to throw 3-4 yard routes? Heres a free 10 yard cushion.

Trivers

ROFL

jspchief
Brady (the quickest release in the NFL) vs. Bob Suttons defense (10+ yard pad) was about the easiest prediction this week.

It doesn't matter if Edelman was healthy or not, Brady was going to throw quick slants and crossing routes all game to whatever scrub was lining up. Bob Sutton can't adjust, and we've seen it I don't know how many times.

On the other side of the ball, Andy Reid has no trust in Alex Smith (and I see why) to throw downfield... so he call bubble screen and horizontal passes time and time again.
He should at least just run the ball all 3 downs.
Agree with all of this.

mcaj22
01-16-2016, 06:27 PM
I'd actually reverse it, if any side of the ball is a fraud, it's the offense.

The defense when playing well can carry our offense.

Our offense never carries our defense when they are playing bad. You never see the offense get in a shootout when the defense is having an off game or giving up points.

Our offense is so dependent on our defense to play lights out to win it's not even funny.

oaklandhater
01-16-2016, 06:28 PM

Our offense never carries our defense when they are playing bad. You never see the offense get in a shootout when the defense is having an off game or giving up points.

Our offense is so dependent on our defense to play lights out to win it's not even funny.

Been saying this all year

GloucesterChief
01-16-2016, 06:29 PM
Sutton's D gets shredded by good offenses. Able to beat up on bad and mediocre ones.

He needs to go.

Tribal Warfare
ROFL

so funny it's true

BossChief
How was the clock rolling when Alex ran oob?

jspchief

Except we all knew that already.

mcaj22
01-16-2016, 06:32 PM

Well if "we" all knew that already than the defense can't be the fraud in that situation. Unless you are basically saying both the offense and now the defense are frauds. Which well, I don't buy at all.

dannybcaitlyn
01-16-2016, 06:33 PM
Sutton is the big failure today. Just letting free release on the receivers and not jamming them at the line to disrupt timing and allow the d-line to get to Brady.

Molitoth
01-16-2016, 06:33 PM

oh no my friend,... we need 1 more "playmaker" on offense and Alex Smith is super bowl bound next year!!!! :rolleyes:

KsBubba
01-16-2016, 06:34 PM
Not calling roughing the passer early. Not ejecting a Patriot for a bush league cheap shot.

It's amazing how many penalties are called early in the season but I guess they decided to let the Patriots bring their thug game.

Party at Gronks house tonight and bring your synthetic drug of choice. No penalties for that.

But whatever the hell you do don't drink beer... that will get you 3 games in a second.

scho63
01-16-2016, 06:35 PM
The defense is missing it's best pass rusher, the guy who put up 22 sacks last year and because they've given up 27 to the best offense in the league, on the road, they're frauds?

What a bunch of ****ing bullshit.

Exactly! :clap:

tredadda
01-16-2016, 06:40 PM

What a bunch of ****ing bullshit.

Thank you for injecting some sense in this otherwise "chicken little" thread.

jspchief
01-16-2016, 06:50 PM

jonzie04
01-16-2016, 06:53 PM
Justin Houston? Brady got the ball out in probably 1.5 seconds or less on 80+ % of his attempts. I don't care if you stick Reggie White, Deacon Jones, Lawrence Taylor, DT, and VaJJ Watt on the other side. They cant do a thing about it. Sutton played off coverage nearly the entire game. And he failed to do anything about Parker, and Branch getting destroyed on the inside. I will give you that they didn't generate any pressure on the few plays Brady did hold the ball, but overall the players weren't put in a position to fail ...

Also Holding them to 27 points is not an accomplishment when you double their time of possession...If The offense didn't sustain long drives today they could have easily scored 50 on us.

hometeam
01-16-2016, 06:53 PM
WRONG.

Every play the pats made was on wide open receivers. Thats coaching, not players.

Brock
01-16-2016, 06:54 PM
Brady does this to everybody. It's why you need an offense that can keep up.

Vietnam58
I agree with this thread. .

-King-

They played the teams on their schedule. Im sorry the defense didn't say fuck the NFL and played teams that weren't on their schedule.

I'm sorry that the greatest QB of all time played a great game against a defense missing it's best player for the vast majority of the game.

DaneMcCloud

So you believe that holding the best offense in the AFC, who also happen to be the defending Super Bowl champs, to 27 points, on the road, makes them a fraud?

I don't think you know what that word means.

MahiMike
Nah, the Patriots are just that good. Brady was hitting guys in between 3 guys. Give them some credit.

While you're at it, give their D a lotta credit. Alex had no time. Surprised how many 3rd downs we converted today.

jspchief
01-16-2016, 06:57 PM
So you believe that holding the best offense in the AFC, who also happen to be the defending Super Bowl champs, to 27 points, on the road, makes them a fraud?

I don't think you know what that word means.
Answer the question. What good offense has this defense stopped this year?

RINGLEADER
01-16-2016, 06:58 PM
Held the Pats to the second-fewest points they scored at home all season.

Without our edge pressure players.

Even when losing the turnover battle.

The real problem was dropping three potential INTs, two of which would have gone the other way for 6.

Patriots were the better team today -- they earned it. But not ready to start crapping on my team because we lost.

tmax63
01-16-2016, 06:59 PM
I was impressed how AS got knocked down 2 or 3 times and hit going out of bounds and there was no penalties, but when they hit TB early in the game it was an automatic 15 yds. It's hard to generate a rush when 1) TB is getting rid of it in 1.6 seconds and 2) you know you're gonna get flagged if you lay a hand on him after 1.6000001 seconds.

cdcox
01-16-2016, 07:00 PM
Brady was getting rid of the ball so quickly, I don't think having Houston would have made one bit of difference. With three legit weapons, we don't have enough press corners to cover all their targets. When they were healthy, they put up 27 or more points on every team they faced this year. The Patriots have the formula for winning in today's NFL and there isn't a lot a defense can do to stop it.

Jimmya
01-16-2016, 07:01 PM
Just like Sirius Radio guys said "seems like Sutton struggles against top offenses"

O.city
01-16-2016, 07:02 PM
Cd has it right.

This is where having those safeties having to cover hurt

cdcox
01-16-2016, 07:06 PM
Cd has it right.

This is where having those safeties having to cover hurt

I don't think any team in the NFL has enough press corners to match up with that. Building your roster to hold the Pats under 20 isn't going to be an achievable goal or a winning strategy, IMO.

WilliamTheIrish
01-16-2016, 07:07 PM
Houston wouldn't matter. Brady releases the ball too quick and our secondary can't cover these guys.

He's just that good.

PA Chiefs
01-16-2016, 07:10 PM
They have 2 slot receivers that are quick running short quick routes they revolutionized football again with this. How to do you put your guys that play outside 90% of the time to play slot. They are unbelievable for the last 10+ years.

Coochie liquor
01-16-2016, 07:25 PM
Held the Pats to the second-fewest points they scored at home all season.

Without our edge pressure players.

Even when losing the turnover battle.

The real problem was dropping three potential INTs, two of which would have gone the other way for 6.

Patriots were the better team today -- they earned it. But not ready to start crapping on my team because we lost.

This

Red Dawg
01-16-2016, 07:28 PM
Pass rush went dead. That was a problem all night. They just couldn't get him.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-16-2016, 11:48 PM
Lightning quick release with super quick receivers will do that. At some point your offense has to step up.

Hammock Parties
01-16-2016, 11:51 PM
may be truth in this...the best offense we beat all year was 13th (BUF) and they put 22 on us at Arrowhead.

I am hoping for a more balanced team in 2016. D gets a little better and O gets a LOT better.

Strongside
01-16-2016, 11:52 PM
Defense is not a fraud.

Houston is a pussy.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-16-2016, 11:56 PM
And this is why you don't commit QB money to a guy like Houston who doesn't play 1/3 of the season...

We rewarded him for sacks against mediocre offenses last season. He's a 14 mil/year type of guy at the most. He is NOT JJ Watt as seen by his absence.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-16-2016, 11:56 PM
He's just that good.

You mean Edelman is that good at getting yards after catch...

hitchief
01-17-2016, 12:00 AM
The D didn't lose the game but played its part for sure. I give equal blame to lousy game plan by Sutton, the dropped int's and the injuries.

Then on O, equal parts Maclin injury thus Pats take away Kelce, the Davis fumble, Wilso etiher not getting out of bounds or scoing (can he extend his arms or not?) and Andy's lack of clock management.

With all of that we were in this game on the road against a team that was rested and relatively healthy and a coaching staff who had extra time to plan.

Good step forward this year and really think Dorsey will do another great job of getting a few more pieces to make a SB run next year

Strongside
01-17-2016, 12:01 AM
Edelman didn't have many YAC today. He was simply given too much cushion at the LOS on just about every play. Sutton is to blame for that. And he never made any adjustments. It was like, hey, here's a free 7 yards.

Vietnam58
01-17-2016, 12:08 AM
I think the first Pats drive just took the heart out of the Chiefs D .. they were playing on their heals the rest of the game. . didnt see anyone being aggressive or playing with any emotion . .

they looked like a scared group that knew they were playing a superior team. .

def a winable game. . but at least it was a normal lose. . it wasnt a typical Chiefs rip your heart out loss

Just Passin' By
01-17-2016, 01:22 AM
Brady has been to the AFCCG 10 times in 14 healthy seasons. Brady did to the Chiefs what Brady did to the Seahawks in the 4th quarter in last season's Super Bowl.

This game didn't show that the Chiefs defense is a fraud. It showed, once again, that Brady's the greatest QB to ever play the game. The Chiefs won 11 straight this year, won a playoff game, and will probably win the AFCW next year.

Today, the Chiefs lost to the better team, and the best QB. There's no shame in that.

temper11
01-17-2016, 01:37 AM

So defense gets a pass because no Houston, but its all on smith even though offense is without maclin, Charles, Morse, ldt, ware and is heavily relying on avant and Davis?

nbarone007
01-17-2016, 01:50 AM
We allowed 27 points to the greatest QB of all time. Thats NOT BAD. We need more talent on offense so we can stay in games like this. (We need more on the OL and at WR BIG TIME)

Danguardace
01-17-2016, 01:54 AM
Problem for me was play calling and game plan. The release was too quick surely we knew this should have gone 3 man rush clog up passing lanes with 4 and 5 five underneath and had ends focus on getting their hands up instead of rushing.

Just poor fundamentals.

KCChiefsFan88
01-17-2016, 05:21 AM
We allowed 27 points to the greatest QB of all time. Thats NOT BAD. We need more talent on offense so we can stay in games like this. (We need more on the OL and at WR BIG TIME)

Did you watch the game?

Patriots could have hung 50 if they didn't have a rash of dropped passes.

The Chiefs had four QB hurries and zero sacks the entire game.

The Chiefs did nothing to stop New England.

Ming the Merciless
01-17-2016, 05:48 AM
Did you watch the game?

They only had one sack...We each only punted 3 times I believe...We also had a lot MORE incomplete passes than they did...

We scored 3 points in 1st. They scored 7

We scored 3 points in second . They scored 7.

We never had the offense to catch up....we drove the ball but didn't FINISH drives ..

There's blame on both sides of the ball here...don't pretend 21 incomplete passes isn't a big part of it. Don't pretend our inability to stretch the field with any kind of deep accuracy didn't hamper us

Red Dawg
01-17-2016, 05:52 AM
The passing game sucked and it was a massive problem.

Sure-Oz
01-17-2016, 06:53 AM
Sutton can retire...no adjustments all game.

KCChiefsFan88
01-17-2016, 07:16 AM
They only had one sack...We each only punted 3 times I believe...We also had a lot MORE incomplete passes than they did...

We scored 3 points in 1st. They scored 7

We scored 3 points in second . They scored 7.

We never had the offense to catch up....we drove the ball but didn't FINISH drives ..

There's blame on both sides of the ball here...don't pretend 21 incomplete passes isn't a big part of it. Don't pretend our inability to stretch the field with any kind of deep accuracy didn't hamper us

The Chiefs are led by their defense, and their defense is supposed to be one of the best in the league.

Sure you can point to issues with the offense, but who really thought the Chiefs were going to be successful on offense this game?

The key was winning a low scoring game, and the defense collapsed.

Tribal Warfare
01-17-2016, 07:21 AM
The key was winning a low scoring game, and the defense collapsed.

In today's NFL you'll have to deal with, because of the rules high scoring games will inevitably happen it's not shocking.

KCChiefsFan88
01-17-2016, 07:30 AM
In today's NFL you'll have to deal with, because of the rules high scoring games will inevitably happen it's not shocking.

To expect to be able to go into New England in the playoffs and win a shootout against Brady was not going to happen with this Chiefs offense.

Tribal Warfare
01-17-2016, 07:36 AM
To expect to be able to go into New England in the playoffs and win a shootout against Brady was not going to happen with this Chiefs offense.

Which is the reason Chiefs need an Elite QB, because look at the average of Elite QBs on either team that get to the SB. That's the formula, and until KC gets one losing in the playoffs will be the outcome.

tmax63
01-17-2016, 07:44 AM
My biggest complaint with the D yesterday was the tackling. It seemed like they were in the "strip the ball and get a turnover" mode and the 1st guy never put anybody on the ground. That hadn't been much of a problem this year that I remember but it seemed like everybody was getting 2 to 5 yards after they should of been on the ground.

KCChiefsFan88
01-17-2016, 07:45 AM
Which is the reason Chiefs need an Elite QB, because look at the average of Elite QBs on either team that get to the SB. That's the formula, and until KC gets one losing in the playoffs will be the outcome.

I don't disagree, but that wasn't going to change in the Divisional Round of the playoffs, 18 games into the season for this Chiefs team.

The formula that got the Chiefs here was a strong defense that pressures/sacks the QB and forces turnovers.

They failed yesterday in all those categories against a vulnerable Patriots offense that has had issues protecting Brady this season.

RedandGold
01-17-2016, 07:46 AM
Brady has been to the AFCCG 10 times in 14 healthy seasons. Brady did to the Chiefs what Brady did to the Seahawks in the 4th quarter in last season's Super Bowl.

This game didn't show that the Chiefs defense is a fraud. It showed, once again, that Brady's the greatest QB to ever play the game. The Chiefs won 11 straight this year, won a playoff game, and will probably win the AFCW next year.

Today, the Chiefs lost to the better team, and the best QB. There's no shame in that.

This sums it up perfectly. For us to have a chance against a better team, we needed some bounces to go our way, and they didn't. When we dropped the potential picks, and Davis fumbled, all we did is close our windows of opportunity. It was painful to watch unfold, but the better team played the better game.

TipRoast
01-17-2016, 08:07 AM
In the wild card round last week, six of the eight teams scored less than twenty points.

milkman
01-17-2016, 08:09 AM
I don't disagree, but that wasn't going to change in the Divisional Round of the playoffs, 18 games into the season for this Chiefs team.

The formula that got the Chiefs here was a strong defense that pressures/sacks the QB and forces turnovers.

They failed yesterday in all those categories against a vulnerable Patriots offense that has had issues protecting Brady this season.

With the Patriots offensive game plan, the Chiefs were never going to have any chance to get to Brady.

ChiTown
01-17-2016, 08:12 AM
Did you watch the game?

The Patriots were also granted the benefit of our D missing multiple INT's. Any one of those could have turned the game around.

milkman
01-17-2016, 08:16 AM

Russel Wilson wasn't an elite QB when he won his SB.
Joe Flacco wasn't an elite QB.
There have been debates regarding Eli Manning's status.

Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, have only won 1 SB each, and appeared in a combined 5 SBs.

The one elite QB to win multiple SBs is Tom Brady, who has been surrounded by superior talent and coaching for most of his career.

Sandy Vagina
01-17-2016, 08:19 AM
Brady is just playing lights out, really.

No reason why he wouldn't be though. Doesn't get pressured or touched.. has wide open targets schemed out for him. I mean.. any decent QB that can hit the barn could succeed with this.

The KC defense is pretty damn good. Two problems. Injuries... and ill-timed lapses of competence.

loochy
01-17-2016, 08:23 AM
And this is why you don't commit QB money to a guy like Houston who doesn't play 1/3 of the season...

We rewarded him for sacks against mediocre offenses last season. He's a 14 mil/year type of guy at the most. He is NOT JJ Watt as seen by his absence.

Yeah, because watt really showed up when it mattered. :rolleyes:

Sandy Vagina
01-17-2016, 08:25 AM
Edelman didn't have many YAC today. He was simply given too much cushion at the LOS on just about every play. Sutton is to blame for that. And he never made any adjustments. It was like, hey, here's a free 7 yards.

absolutely.. I don't claim to know it would work, but I would think a cover 2 man press scheme would be the right approach to having any chance. That would help give the pass rush time to get Tom dirty and scared.

As it was.. looked like a ton of zone coverage.. leaving targets wide the **** open, and allowing Tom to get the ball out super quick. **** Bob Sutton.

notorious
01-17-2016, 08:25 AM
Lightning quick release with super quick receivers will do that. At some point your offense has to step up.

/Thread

ChiTown
01-17-2016, 08:29 AM
/Thread

That is pretty much it. We brought an under-manned offensive unit into Foxboro trying to beat Tom Brady. Yeah, that ain't gonna work

Just Passin' By
01-17-2016, 08:32 AM
No reason why he wouldn't be though. Doesn't get pressured or touched.. has wide open targets schemed out for him. I mean.. any decent QB that can hit the barn could succeed with this.

Then, assuming everything you've posted above is true, why is it that Brady is the only QB who's done so?

Marcellus
01-17-2016, 08:45 AM
We gave up 27 points even with the turnover and played arguably the best QB ever in the toughest place in the NFL to play in the playoffs.

Brady had 12 more passing yards than Smith, the difference is TD's vs FG.

stevieray
01-17-2016, 08:52 AM
Disagree..score before the fumble?

The four dropped int's played a big part..they've made those plays..yesterday they didn't.

Let's just be honest..we were hobbled and they got healthy..and only won by seven points.

Valiant effort in a great season.

GloryDayz
01-17-2016, 09:04 AM

There are ways to combat pick routes, you just have to be willing to do them. Not only that, in a league that almost refuses to call a team for pick routes, if you're not doing them you're not really playing the game.

So don't hate on the Pats and Donks for being willing to run pick routes, join them. Hell, with Alex having less time in the pocket than many QBs, you'd think Andy would have been working rubs like a wild man.

But the bottom line is a dude with an all-but broken foot, wearing a special steel-plated shoe, used the "rub" route to get open. I'm not so sure Edelman is THAT good (but he's pretty darn awesome), but the larger technique is.

Andy claims to watch a lot of tape, if he's not seeing how effective rubs are, especially with his team's challenges, I suspect he's not watching for as much content as we think.

Tribal Warfare
01-17-2016, 09:21 AM
In the wild card round last week, six of the eight teams scored less than twenty points.

Yes, and high scoring games will happen against great QBs, the Chiefs need one of their own to get past mediocrity. No excuses, the team is good enough to hang around, but they don't have the QB to truly succeed.

TipRoast
01-17-2016, 09:29 AM
There are ways to combat pick routes, you just have to be willing to do them. Not only that, in a league that almost refuses to call a team for pick routes, if you're not doing them you're not really playing the game.

So don't hate on the Pats and Donks for being willing to run pick routes, join them. Hell, with Alex having less time in the pocket than many QBs, you'd think Andy would have been working rubs like a wild man.

But the bottom line is a dude with an all-but broken foot, wearing a special steel-plated shoe, used the "rub" route to get open. I'm not so sure Edelman is THAT good (but he's pretty darn awesome), but the larger technique is.

Andy claims to watch a lot of tape, if he's not seeing how effective rubs are, especially with his team's challenges, I suspect he's not watching for as much content as we think.
Good post.

Pats started using picks after a playoff game with Denver a few years ago.

If you recall, Welker (on the Broncos at the time) set a pick on Talib (on the Pats at the time) and knocked him out of the game with a hip injury. The Pats sent the video of the play to the league after the game and were told that what Welker did was a legal play.

So the Pats started including those kinds of plays into their playbook, because they're very difficult to defend.

stevieray
01-17-2016, 09:29 AM
Yes, and high scoring games will happen against great QBs, the Chiefs need one of their own to get past mediocrity. No excuses, the team is good enough to hang around, but they don't have the QB to truly succeed.

...it would be great if you could say something else.

Otherwise, you really have no reason to be here.

notorious
01-17-2016, 09:30 AM
Do you guys realize that this is the only team in NFL history that could pull of the game-plan that NE had yesterday?

They didn't even try to test our awesome run defense, they nullified it by avoiding it. The only way you win is with a HOF QB throwing darts.

Tribal Warfare
01-17-2016, 09:33 AM
...it would be great if you could say something else.

Otherwise, you really have no reason to be here.

Well, it's the truth this isn't the 80's or 90's anymore. I know it's an unpopular opinion to some who are going True Fan on this.

Chiefnj2
01-17-2016, 09:34 AM
From a "drives" perspective:

KC's Defense forces two Patriot punts (the second being a 3 and out). KC takes over the ball at the NEW ENGLAND 36. You have to come away with points. You score a TD and you take the lead and change momentum. What happens? 3 plays, 4th and 11 without a penalty and a punt.

The D responds to this by matching the offense's ineptitude and allows an 11 play 98 yard drive for a TD.

Any hope of a comeback was pretty much destroyed by Davis' fumble to start the third quarter.

IMO, those three drives were the key.

Marcellus
01-17-2016, 09:35 AM
Do you guys realize that this is the only team in NFL history that could pull of the game-plan that NE had yesterday?

They didn't even try to test our awesome run defense, they nullified it by avoiding it. The only way you win is with a HOF QB throwing darts.

Many on CP believe there are at least 20 if these in the NFL right now and another 10 coming out in the draft every year.

I saw in another thread that 13 of last 15 SB's the AFC has had Manning, Brady or Rothliraper as the QB.

stevieray
01-17-2016, 09:35 AM
Well, it's the truth this isn't the 80's or 90's anymore. I know it's an unpopular opinion to some who are going True Fan on this.

number nine number number nine number nine

milkman
01-17-2016, 09:36 AM

No, it is not an unpopular opinion.

Anyone who doesn't have some kind of emotional attachment to Smith recognizes his flaws, and that we must get better QB play.

Your redundancy is simply annoying and stupid.

Tribal Warfare
01-17-2016, 09:37 AM
number nine number number nine number nine

Really now you are going with a 4 year olds rebuttal?

Deberg_1990
01-17-2016, 09:38 AM
That is pretty much it. We brought an under-manned offensive unit into Foxboro trying to beat Tom Brady. Yeah, that ain't gonna work

A healthy Charles, Maclin, Ware and DAT, most likely would have brought us another TD or two, and who knows how the game would have went?

milkman
01-17-2016, 09:39 AM

It's appropriate when responding to a 4 year old quality poster.

tonyetony
01-17-2016, 09:51 AM
Letting Gronk run free though a zone defense was not a very good idea. Sutton refused to make adjustments when it was obvious Bellicheat had no plans on running the ball. Doubling Gronk and isolating Peters on Edelman would have given the d a fighting chance. Suttons refusal to make adjustments against the Superbowl champs was assinine.

okcchief
01-17-2016, 09:59 AM
Good offenses are going to score against good defenses. That's the way the league is set up now. Had the offense and coaching staff executed when they needed too it would have been good enough to win. You can't put the game on the defense every week. If you look back at the last several games the offense blew chances to put away games. Today we just happened to play the Pats instead of the Browns. If you want to win big games the offense needs to do their part. They either need to fix it or find people who can.

RealSNR
01-17-2016, 10:00 AM
"Considering the circumstances, Alex played well. He needs a new _______"

So fucking sick of this line. This Chiefs team was good enough to beat the Patriots. The fucked the bed. Andy Reid is coming back next year and so is Sutton. That shit's not changing, so it's time for Alex to dig down, find his ballsack, and win these types of games that are thrown in front of him.

notorious
01-17-2016, 10:05 AM
Many on CP believe there are at least 20 if these in the NFL right now and another 10 coming out in the draft every year.

I saw in another thread that 13 of last 15 SB's the AFC has had Manning, Brady or Rothliraper as the QB.

The NFL has created this "problem".

If they truly wanted it to be more of a team game, they would let the defenders play like they did before Manning bitched about New England's defensive holding in the early 2000's.

They won't, so the Chiefs are going to have to luck into an elite QB, and there is no easy answer as to how they are going to do it.

I think Alex is good, but he isn't elite, and that's what it's going to take.

BTW, Brady is the only QB in the NFL that can beat the Chiefs like that.

stevieray
01-17-2016, 10:06 AM

Just mirroring your BS.

okcchief
01-17-2016, 10:06 AM

So fucking sick of this line. This Chiefs team was good enough to beat the Patriots. The fucked the bed. Andy Reid is coming back next year and so is Sutton. That shit's not changing, so it's time for Alex to dig down, find his ballsack, and win these types of games that are thrown in front of him.
It's true.

I'm not trying to be an outright dick about it. The game definately wasn't all on Alex. He did have several chances to make throws in the redzone that he flat out missed. It's not just today either. The offense had a chance to put games on ice the last several weeks and couldnt. They left it to the defense each time. The Alex hate can got too far but it's fair to say he needs to be better or we need someone who is better. I don't care who the Chiefs QB is as long as he makes the plays he needs to make.

KCChiefsFan88
01-17-2016, 10:51 AM
We gave up 27 points even with the turnover and played arguably the best QB ever in the toughest place in the NFL to play in the playoffs.

Brady had 12 more passing yards than Smith, the difference is TD's vs FG.

For perspective in two of the Patriots four home playoff losses in the Belichick/Brady era, the Ravens held New England to 13 and 14 points in the two games.

That is a legit defense who can beat a good QB on the road.

Marcellus
01-17-2016, 10:54 AM
For perspective in two of the Patriots four home playoff losses in the Belichick/Brady era, the Ravens held New England to 13 and 14 points in the two games.

Those defenses were very good and very healthy. If Houston and Hali were both healthy they may not have scored 20.

You have to think a healthy Houston makes at least 1 or 2 big plays but there is no way to know.

Discuss Thrower
01-17-2016, 10:58 AM

End of 2013: Kansas City needs better receivers because Bowe, McCluster and Donnie Avery suck.

End of 2014: Kansas City needs better receivers because Bowe, Avery, and Junior Hemingway suck and Albert Wilson is an unproven rookie.

End of 2015: Kansas City needs better receivers because Albert Wilson doesn't try hard enough, Conley is a rookie and Frankie Hammond Junior sucks.

Not going to try and predict the future or anything, but will it really be all that shocking when the story line going in to 2017 will be "Kansas City needs better receivers because _____"?

Shawny2X4
Even with a healthy Houston and Hali, I think our scheme was going to be exposed regardless. Brady was getting the ball out too fast for anybody to get him, and his targets were wide open because we were not pressing at the line and putting our slower safties in the slot. The only thing Houston would have helped with is dropping back in pass coverage, which he does well. There was a third down conversion to Edleman with Ford in coverage that I'm pretty sure Houston would have snuffed out or got a paw on the pass.

milkman

In those 2 playoff wins against the Patriots, the Ravens had a combined 1 total sack.

ThaVirus
01-17-2016, 11:00 AM

So ****ing sick of this line. This Chiefs team was good enough to beat the Patriots. The ****ed the bed. Andy Reid is coming back next year and so is Sutton. That shit's not changing, so it's time for Alex to dig down, find his ballsack, and win these types of games that are thrown in front of him.

Really, this is it.

The offensive line played pretty well actually. West was averaging over 5 a pop at one point deep in the game. Hell, even Knile Davis was ripping off 4-5 a carry and that never happens.

At one point in the game Smith was 5/16 on his previous 21 passes and averaging something ridiculous like 3 YPA. Not to mention the fact that we settled for FGs when we needed TDs.

We lost as a team but scoring only 13 points midway through the 4th quarter simply will not get the job done.

TEX
01-17-2016, 11:16 AM
Even with a healthy Houston and Hali, I think our scheme was going to be exposed regardless. Brady was getting the ball out too fast for anybody to get him, and his targets were wide open because we were not pressing at the line and putting our slower safties in the slot. The only thing Houston would have helped with is dropping back in pass coverage, which he does well. There was a third down conversion to Edleman with Ford in coverage that I'm pretty sure Houston would have snuffed out or got a paw on the pass.

Deal is, even with everything happening the way it did, the opportunity for 2 EASY game-changing interceptions were there. In addition, there was also the opportunity for a lucky one, that landed in Edleman's arms, on the Pats last drive. Had they defense just taken what they were given, it might have been a different outcome. :shrug:

RunKC
01-17-2016, 11:18 AM

So ****ing sick of this line. This Chiefs team was good enough to beat the Patriots. The ****ed the bed. Andy Reid is coming back next year and so is Sutton. That shit's not changing, so it's time for Alex to dig down, find his ballsack, and win these types of games that are thrown in front of him.

He doesn't need anything. The fact that people don't want to admit is that injuries killed us as well as Andy.

so tired of people putting this shit on one player. Brady was 3-4 and averaged 10 less points a game without Edelman. Look at how shitty Rodgers was in Arizona without Nelson and then Cobb?
And you're going to see just how fucking shitty the Steelers will be without Anyonio Brown and any RB today.

Knile Davis fumbled a prime chance to score and Andy fumbled away our other chance. Ware/West doesn't fumble the ball.
Andy went full Andy when we had the ball at the Pats 40. Throwing 3 straight passes when you're averaging 4.2 YPC is what killed us.

Danguardace
01-17-2016, 12:25 PM
From a "drives" perspective:

KC's Defense forces two Patriot punts (the second being a 3 and out). KC takes over the ball at the NEW ENGLAND 36. You have to come away with points. You score a TD and you take the lead and change momentum. What happens? 3 plays, 4th and 11 without a penalty and a punt.

The D responds to this by matching the offense's ineptitude and allows an 11 play 98 yard drive for a TD.

Any hope of a comeback was pretty much destroyed by Davis' fumble to start the third quarter.

IMO, those three drives were the key.

I said yesterday that drive and the Davis fumble defined the game, had chances did not play well in key situations.

KCChiefsFan88
01-17-2016, 12:55 PM
Those defenses were very good and very healthy. If Houston and Hali were both healthy they may not have scored 20.

You have to think a healthy Houston makes at least 1 or 2 big plays but there is no way to know.

Probably, but the Patriots had several players on offense who were playing injured and/or were coming back from long injury absences.

The Patriots offense was also more talented in those two playoff games when the Ravens defense stifled them (Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Aaron Hernandez, etc.)

Also why are so many people willing to give the Chiefs defense the injury excuse but not the Chiefs offense? Maclin, Morse, Ware, and of course Charles were missing or in Maclin's case limited yesterday.

Brock
01-17-2016, 01:15 PM
Also why are so many people willing to give the Chiefs defense the injury excuse but not the Chiefs offense? Maclin, Morse, Ware, and of course Charles were missing or in Maclin's case limited yesterday.

Looks like the other way around to me and also the offense hasn't performed to the level it should this season overall.

GloryDayz
01-17-2016, 01:36 PM
Good post.

Pats started using picks after a playoff game with Denver a few years ago.

If you recall, Welker (on the Broncos at the time) set a pick on Talib (on the Pats at the time) and knocked him out of the game with a hip injury. The Pats sent the video of the play to the league after the game and were told that what Welker did was a legal play.

So the Pats started including those kinds of plays into their playbook, because they're very difficult to defend.

Until more teams practice them "to perfection" (whatever that means) do them as regularly and the NFL decides it's more than their favored children benefiting from them, the larger part of the league will suffer the use of them when the meet-up with the Donks and Pats.

As for defending, I'm not sure you can. If you plow into the man setting the rub, the NFL's officials will 99.9% of the time toss a flag on the D and turn a blind eye to the fact that he was just following his guy.

And cheap-shot or not, if a coach is willing to take a penalty, maybe two, early in the game, he should "oh well" his D to blow-up the rub-man on a crossing route, and get into the O's player's head a bit. And for anybody who doesn't think it would get into their head, well they've never played the game. Minimally it might get the NFL to have to look into it based on safety concerns. And coaches the league-over, especially defensive-minded coaches, can argue that their player has every right to run in a straight line too (especially when they're covering a player that's forcing them to run that line). So perhaps the QB gets his reception on that play (he would have anyway), but he also has a WR with an odd twitch now too.

It's a truly unfair advantage for the offense but until the NFL is willing to step-out of their comfort zone and do something that might reduce scoring, every team needs to exploit it extensively.

GloryDayz
01-17-2016, 01:40 PM

Great point, players like Brady, Manning, and Rogers don't come along very often.

However, had we caught those picks and not fumbled, who knows what could have been?

TEX
01-17-2016, 01:41 PM
He doesn't need anything. The fact that people don't want to admit is that injuries killed us as well as Andy.

so tired of people putting this shit on one player. Brady was 3-4 and averaged 10 less points a game without Edelman. Look at how shitty Rodgers was in Arizona without Nelson and then Cobb?
And you're going to see just how ****ing shitty the Steelers will be without Anyonio Brown and any RB today.

Knile Davis fumbled a prime chance to score and Andy fumbled away our other chance. Ware/West doesn't fumble the ball.
Andy went full Andy when we had the ball at the Pats 40. Throwing 3 straight passes when you're averaging 4.2 YPC is what killed us.

Exactly the case with all accounts.

VAChief
01-17-2016, 01:57 PM

Yes, they also made sure their was no push up the middle. He got it out quick, but when you look at how quickly their defense collapsed the pocket against us he likely wouldn't have been so accurate had we been able to do the same.

Their was great video analysis by someone on ESPN illustrating the differences this morning.

TEX
01-17-2016, 01:58 PM
Great point, players like Brady, Manning, and Rogers don't come along very often.

However, had we caught those picks and not fumbled, who knows what could have been?

Yep.

Chiefshrink
01-17-2016, 02:19 PM
I don't know that are defense was a fraud so much as overrated and hurt at the wrong time.

Saccopoo
01-17-2016, 02:21 PM
The New England offense was raping anything that looked it's way to start the year. Now they're healthy again. Brady doesn't turn it over. It was gonna require O to make plays.

/'03 Chiefs

Just Passin' By
01-17-2016, 03:22 PM
The Patriots’ offensive line was very solid, but the return of Julian Edelman helped Brady get rid of the ball in just 2.13 seconds per attempt.

http://nesn.com/2016/01/patriots-advanced-stats-patrick-chung-shuts-down-pro-bowl-tight-end/

jspchief
01-24-2016, 05:24 PM
Well, now we've seen what a real defense can do to Brady.

DaneMcCloud
01-24-2016, 05:29 PM
Well, now we've seen what a real defense can do to Brady.

Let's see them do it without Miller and a hobbled Ware

JENKINSWINS
01-24-2016, 05:36 PM
The defense and the 1 turnover lost the game last week. #fact

Baby Lee
01-24-2016, 05:38 PM

Why?

RunKC
01-24-2016, 05:38 PM

And no Roby. And on the road.

OldSchool
01-24-2016, 05:39 PM

They've got the guys to shut down the Pats midgets. We don't have a Talib or Harris on our team.

jspchief
01-24-2016, 05:39 PM
They just aren't elite. Feast on bad teams. Bad scheme.

OldSchool
01-24-2016, 05:41 PM

Houston and Hali being healthy wouldn't have changed anything with the way that our coverage was that day. They simply aren't as fast as a healthy Ware and Miller.

OldSchool
01-24-2016, 05:46 PM
Really, this is it.

The offensive line played pretty well actually. West was averaging over 5 a pop at one point deep in the game. Hell, even Knile Davis was ripping off 4-5 a carry and that never happens.

At one point in the game Smith was 5/16 on his previous 21 passes and averaging something ridiculous like 3 YPA. Not to mention the fact that we settled for FGs when we needed TDs.

We lost as a team but scoring only 13 points midway through the 4th quarter simply will not get the job done.

So having Avant as the best dependable and healthy receiver on the field had nothing to do with it?

I like Wilson but he's not a natural WR right now, he doesn't do things instinctively like he should (for example, instead of high pointing the scramble drill ball, he kept back peddling and fell on his ass to try to catch the ball in his lap and the defender jumped in front of him). None of them seemed to trust Conley to do his job and the only WR who tried to keep thing alive on scramble drills was Avant.

So you really think this team doesn't need to add something beyond Maclin?

GloucesterChief
01-24-2016, 05:46 PM

Bingo. We play off all the time and against the Pats that is what they want. Every team with a good offense smokes Sutton's D. Reid is too loyal to look at upgrading the position though.

KChiefs1
01-24-2016, 05:50 PM
Denver's defense was far better.

stevieray
01-24-2016, 05:51 PM

They were one of the top four teams in the AFC playoffs. Without Houston.

Trivers
01-24-2016, 05:52 PM
Bingo. We play off all the time and against the Pats that is what they want. Every team with a good offense smokes Sutton's D. Reid is too loyal to look at upgrading the position though.

ROFL

OldSchool
01-24-2016, 05:52 PM
Denver's defense was far better.

They match up better against the Pats because they have speed all over the place, something we lack.

nbarone007
01-24-2016, 05:57 PM
The Chiefs matchup was more favorable than Denver vs NE because we feature a more balanced, ball control offense.

The issue is, the coaches completely shattered our chances.

Playing OFF COVERAGE against Brady and not attempting to rush him is a death sentence. The Broncos played tight coverage, and attacked Brady all day long and they held him under 20 points.

Hope Bob Sutton was watching. Sure, Justin Houston's loss hurts but we didn't have him for a string of games and the defense was just fine getting pressure. We completely got out-coached and it costed us a chance to play Denver, which would have been a much more favorable matchup for us.

Im predicting the NFC winner to win big in the Super Bowl. Carolina has the best shot. They have a balanced offense that can neutralize Denver's pass rush. Newton's wheels may play a key role. They also have the defense to force turnovers.

GloucesterChief
01-24-2016, 06:00 PM
ROFL

Name a good offense that Sutton's D has shut down.

stevieray
01-24-2016, 06:02 PM
The Chiefs matchup was more favorable than Denver vs NE because we feature a more balanced, ball control offense.

Playing OFF COVERAGE against Brady and not attempting to rush him is a death sentence. The Broncos played tight coverage, and attacked Brady all day long and they held him under 20 points.

Hope Bob Sutton was watching. Sure, Justin Houston's loss hurts but we didn't have him for a string of games and the defense was just fine getting pressure. We completely got out-coached and it costed us a chance to play Denver, which would have been a much more favorable matchup for us.

Im predicting the NFC winner to win big in the Super Bowl. Carolina has the best shot. They have a balanced offense that can neutralize Denver's pass rush. Newton's wheels may play a key role. They also have the defense to force turnovers.

Good post.

Alex's wheels look pretty good after watching today's game.

Molitoth
01-24-2016, 06:03 PM
It's as easy as this.

Bob Sutton had his CB's give a 10-12 yard padding all game and Brady hit quick slants that took 2.0 seconds, eliminating pass rush.

From what I saw today, the Donks were jamming at the LOS... giving time for the pass rush.

-
Bob Suttons lack of adjustment, the multiple dropped INT's by the Chiefs, and Knile Davis fumble are all instrumental in the Chiefs loss. Blaming Andy Reid for poor clock management is overrated.

ThaVirus
01-24-2016, 06:08 PM
So having Avant as the best dependable and healthy receiver on the field had nothing to do with it?

I like Wilson but he's not a natural WR right now, he doesn't do things instinctively like he should (for example, instead of high pointing the scramble drill ball, he kept back peddling and fell on his ass to try to catch the ball in his lap and the defender jumped in front of him). None of them seemed to trust Conley to do his job and the only WR who tried to keep thing alive on scramble drills was Avant.

So you really think this team doesn't need to add something beyond Maclin?

Of course it did, but we've seen lots of teams this season excel with limited passing weapons (chiefly Carolina and Seattle).

At some point in time our QB is going to have strap the team on his back and carry us to victory.

RunKC
01-24-2016, 06:14 PM
Of course it did, but we've seen lots of teams this season excel with limited passing weapons (chiefly Carolina and Seattle).

At some point in time our QB is going to have strap the team on his back and carry us to victory.

Have you not watched Denver all season?

scho63
01-24-2016, 06:15 PM
It's as easy as this.

Bob Sutton had his CB's give a 10-12 yard padding all game and Brady hit quick slants that took 2.0 seconds, eliminating pass rush.

From what I saw today, the Donks were jamming at the LOS... giving time for the pass rush.

-
Bob Suttons lack of adjustment, the multiple dropped INT's by the Chiefs, and Knile Davis fumble are all instrumental in the Chiefs loss. Blaming Andy Reid for poor clock management is overrated.

This for sure. :clap:

DaneMcCloud
01-24-2016, 06:16 PM
Houston and Hali being healthy wouldn't have changed anything with the way that our coverage was that day. They simply aren't as fast as a healthy Ware and Miller.

LMAO

Bullshit.

Having Houston on the field would have made a tremendous difference.

To think otherwise is just flat out dumb.

New World Order
01-24-2016, 06:18 PM

No. Their defense is elite and ours isn't. Throw in a quarterback who has trouble finishing drives (first half) and you're in trouble.

Mr. Laz
01-24-2016, 06:20 PM
No. Their defense is elite and ours isn't. Throw in a quarterback who has trouble finishing drives (first half) and you're in trouble.
like Manning didn't finish a drive?

our defense is never going to be elite with Bob "goonther" Sutton running it.

People will ALWAYS say we dont' have enough talent.

New World Order
01-24-2016, 06:21 PM
like Manning didn't finish a drive?

our defense is never going to be elite with Bob "goonther" Sutton running it.

People will ALWAYS say we dont' have enough talent.

We don't have a defense like Denver's to win games, especially against legit offenses.

Throw in a quarterback who can't win unless his defense holds the opposing offense to a low scoring game and you're in trouble.

Baby Lee
01-24-2016, 06:22 PM

Blow it out your ass, Mr. 'You eventually always have to win a shootout in the playoffs'

New World Order
01-24-2016, 06:25 PM
Blow it out your ass, Mr. 'You eventually always have to win a shootout in the playoffs'

Seattle had one of the best defenses of all time, and NE had to put up 28 for a W.

suzzer99
01-24-2016, 06:42 PM
Why does it seem like we're so much more vulnerable to rub routes, slants and other timing routes than most teams? I kept waiting for New England to run a quick hitter rub route against Denver in a crucial short yardage situation, like the XP, and either they never tried it or it was never there.

Peyton always destroys us on that stuff too just like New England did. Both of them make it look like the play is impossible to defend when playing us, but apparently it is not. Until we can solve that shit, we're not a championship defense.

GloucesterChief
01-24-2016, 06:46 PM
Why does it seem like we're so much more vulnerable to rub routes, slants and other timing routes than most teams? I kept waiting for New England to run a quick hitter rub route against Denver in a crucial short yardage situation, like the XP, and either they never tried it or it was never there.

Peyton always destroys us on that stuff too just like New England did. Both of them make it look like the play is impossible to defend when playing us, but apparently it is not. Until we can solve that shit, we're not a championship defense.

Sutton plays off and doesn't jam. Hard to disrupt timing when you don't have your DBs put their hands on WRs.

OldSchool
01-24-2016, 06:48 PM
LMAO

Bullshit.

Having Houston on the field would have made a tremendous difference.

To think otherwise is just flat out dumb.

No it wouldn't have, he isn't on par with Miller when it comes to the speed rush. Hell, he might not even be able to match the current Ware in that department.

OldSchool
01-24-2016, 06:49 PM
Sutton plays off and doesn't jam. Hard to disrupt timing when you don't have your DBs put their hands on WRs.

Afraid of getting beat deep.

suzzer99
01-24-2016, 06:56 PM
Brady doesn't have the receivers to throw deep.

OldSchool
01-24-2016, 07:04 PM
Tell that to Marcus Peters. (He got beat deep)

stevieray
01-24-2016, 07:16 PM
Donx water boys are better than the Chiefs water boys.

/OldSchool

DaneMcCloud
01-24-2016, 07:16 PM
No it wouldn't have, he isn't on par with Miller when it comes to the speed rush. Hell, he might not even be able to match the current Ware in that department.

Just shut the fuck up.

How fucking stupid are you to say the Chiefs BEST defensive player wouldn't have made a difference?

Are fucking retarded?

BigMeatballDave
01-24-2016, 07:23 PM
Is OldSchool doing a Bambi impersonation?

If so, he's fucking nailing it. :)

ThaVirus
01-24-2016, 07:25 PM
Have you not watched Denver all season?

That team is insanely lucky. I wouldn't use them for any type of comparison.

But I have watched Peyton strap teams to his back several times in his lengthy career.

Jim Lahey
01-24-2016, 07:26 PM

Really? A healthy Houston would have bullrushed anyone they lined up at RT right up Brady's asshole. Then again, with how open we were letting Edleman get, it probably wouldn't have mattered.

suzzer99
01-24-2016, 07:26 PM
Denver defense strapped Peyton to their back today.

jspchief
01-24-2016, 07:27 PM

10 yard cushions

OldSchool
01-24-2016, 07:29 PM
Just shut the **** up.

How ****ing stupid are you to say the Chiefs BEST defensive player wouldn't have made a difference?

Are ****ing retarded?

He wouldn't have, Brady was getting rid of the ball way too quickly with our coverage being soft as fuck. Brady would take those quick dump offs all day long if it means that he can avoid getting hit. Houston, unless he magically obtained Miller's speed off of the edge, wouldn't have done shit to change that game.

ThaVirus
01-24-2016, 07:30 PM
Denver defense strapped Peyton to their back today.

Our defense has done that pretty consistently in our wins over the past three seasons

DaneMcCloud
01-24-2016, 07:32 PM
He wouldn't have, Brady was getting rid of the ball way too quickly with our coverage being soft as fuck. Brady would take those quick dump offs all day long if it means that he can avoid getting hit. Houston, unless he magically obtained Miller's speed off of the edge, wouldn't have done shit to change that game.

Stop being fucking dumb.

Houston is a far better tackler than Ford, he's better in coverage and his presence would have given more opportunities for Hali, Poe, Howard and Bailey to apply pressure.

You should just fucking stop posting, Dumbfuck.

OldSchool
01-24-2016, 07:32 PM
Really? A healthy Houston would have bullrushed anyone they lined up at RT right up Brady's asshole. Then again, with how open we were letting Edleman get, it probably wouldn't have mattered.

Which is precisely whatI was saying. His speed rush isn't on par with Miller's and good luck bull rushing a 340 pound Marcus Cannon to get to the QB, with no interior push to help collapse the pocket, in under 2.1 seconds. Again, Houston wouldn't have mattered.

OldSchool
01-24-2016, 07:34 PM
Stop being ****ing dumb.

Houston is a far better tackler than Ford, he's better in coverage and his presence would have given more opportunities for Hali, Poe, Howard and Bailey to apply pressure.

You should just ****ing stop posting, Dumb****.

Right, because what we were missing in that game was sound tackling and coverage from the OLB position. :rolleyes:

DaneMcCloud
01-24-2016, 07:35 PM
Which is precisely whatI was saying. His speed rush isn't on par with Miller's and good luck bull rushing a 340 pound Marcus Cannon to get to the QB, with no interior push to help collapse the pocket, in under 2.1 seconds. Again, Houston wouldn't have mattered.

You're fucking retarded.

Add to that, I don't even know who you are.

Are you always this fucking stupid?

ChiefsCountry
01-24-2016, 07:37 PM
You're ****ing retarded.

Are you always this ****ing stupid?

49er fan douche

New World Order
01-24-2016, 07:38 PM

It might have mattered a little, but by the time our pass rush came out of their stance the ball was already out of Brady's hands.

It wouldn't have changed the outcome.

DaneMcCloud
01-24-2016, 07:38 PM
49er fan douche

Really?

Fuck those guys. All of them.

bricks
01-24-2016, 07:39 PM
The problem with the Chiefs defense is Sutton.

He doesn't make good adjustments in games.

OldSchool
01-24-2016, 07:41 PM
You're ****ing retarded.

Are you always this ****ing stupid?

ROFL Sorry that Justin Houston would have been useless against Brady and his short passing game?

DaneMcCloud
01-24-2016, 07:44 PM
It might have mattered a little, but by the time our pass rush came out of their stance the ball was already out of Brady's hands.

It wouldn't have changed the outcome.

Bullshit.

First off, the defense would have had far more confidence with Houston on the field. More swagger.

Secondly, Brady had issues with pressure. Maybe Houston wouldn't have had any sacks but the pressure would have been different with a healthy Houston.

Third, Houston's presence would have allowed Sutton to call different blitzes. Hali was hampered, Ford's not yet in Houston or Hali's league but with Houston's tackling and coverage skills, Sutton could have been more creative.

And lastly, suggesting that the best defensive player on the team "wouldn't have made a difference" is, without a doubt, the DUMBEST thing I've read during this season.

Is anyone willing to say the same about Maclin? He wouldn't have made a difference, either?

:rolleyes:

Dumbfucks.

New World Order
01-24-2016, 07:50 PM
Bullshit.

First off, the defense would have had far more confidence with Houston on the field. More swagger.

Secondly, Brady had issues with pressure. Maybe Houston wouldn't have had any sacks but the pressure would have been different with a healthy Houston.

Third, Houston's presence would have allowed Sutton to call different blitzes. Hali was hampered, Ford's not yet in Houston or Hali's league but with Houston's tackling and coverage skills, Sutton could have been more creative.

And lastly, suggesting that the best defensive player on the team "wouldn't have made a difference" is, without a doubt, the DUMBEST thing I've read during this season.

Is anyone willing to say the same about Maclin? He wouldn't have made a difference, either?

Dumb****s.

I never said Houston wouldn't have made a difference.

And what did the defense do with Houston against legit offenses like GB and Cinci?

Baby Lee
01-24-2016, 07:53 PM
Bullshit.

Dumbfucks.

You are conflating 'making a difference' and 'making the difference'

Vietnam58
01-24-2016, 10:59 PM
this thread when from opinion to fact after watching the Donkeys get at NE. .

Chiefs are soft frauds who were just happy to be in the same game as Brady. .

https://scontent-hkg3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/12647143_1058606284162282_7439987564295999490_n.jpg?oh=01ae78497271c92364dee411be8dcc6a&oe=572B4821

OldSchool
01-24-2016, 11:16 PM
Bullshit.

Dumb****s.

Right, because they had so much swagger vs GB and Cinci. Who's the dumbass here again?

suzzer99
01-24-2016, 11:27 PM
this thread when from opinion to fact after watching the Donkeys get at NE. .

Chiefs are soft frauds who were just happy to be in the same game as Brady. .

https://scontent-hkg3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/12647143_1058606284162282_7439987564295999490_n.jpg?oh=01ae78497271c92364dee411be8dcc6a&oe=572B4821

Sadly I agree with Malik. After watching the Royals win the World Series this year, I finally know what it feels like to be on the team doing the outcoaching. I've never known what that felt like as a Chiefs fan. Not in the playoffs anyway.

Hopefully our coaches learned something from the experience at New England this year.

OldSchool
01-24-2016, 11:28 PM
Sadly I agree with Malik. After watching the Royals win the World Series this year, I finally know what it feels like to be on the team doing the outcoaching. I've never known what that felt like as a Chiefs fan. Not in the playoffs anyway.

Hopefully our coaches learned something from the experience at New England this year.

The most frustrating thing is that the adjustments seem to be so obvious, and yet the coaches and players don't make them.

KCChiefsFan88
01-24-2016, 11:28 PM
It isn't getting mentioned enough the reason Houston barely played against New England.

According to Houston it was because he couldn't play with the knee brace.

A $100 million alleged franchise player can't will himself to play through the discomfort of playing with a knee brace and the Chiefs medical/equipment staff couldn't find a better knee brace?

This situation just seems wrong for $100 million reasons.

suzzer99
01-24-2016, 11:31 PM
The most frustrating thing is that the adjustments seem to be so obvious, and yet the coaches and players don't make them.

I wonder how much of it is just being too conservative. Like we're over-compensating the threat of a deep bomb.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-24-2016, 11:31 PM
Old School is dumb. Chiefs are in the super bowl with a healthy Houston. No doubt about it...none

suzzer99
01-24-2016, 11:32 PM
It isn't getting mentioned enough the reason Housron barely played against New England.

A $100 million alleged franchise player can't will himself to play through the discomfort of playing with a knee brace and the Chiefs medical/equipment staff couldn't find a better knee brace?

He was pretty ineffective against Texas.

suzzer99
01-24-2016, 11:34 PM
Also it would be nice if we could get just a little bit less snakebit in the playoffs. We have one good wide receiver and five shitty ones. Of course the good one gets injured. Of course Houston can't heal fast enough. Of course Ware can't play.

OldSchool
01-24-2016, 11:35 PM
Old School is dumb. Chiefs are in the super bowl with a healthy Houston. No doubt about it...none

Bull shit we win that game with Houston with our corners playing 10 yards off against a quick passing game like the Pats had. The same thing would have happened just like it happened vs the Bungles and Packers earlier in the year. A good QB picked apart the secondary that only has 2 legitimate CBs while our passrush shit their pants despite having Houston in the game.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-24-2016, 11:37 PM
You are wrong

KCChiefsFan88
01-24-2016, 11:37 PM
Also it would be nice if we could get just a little bit less snakebit in the playoffs. We have one good wide receiver and five shitty ones. Of course the good one gets injured. Of course Houston can't heal fast enough. Of course Ware can't play.

And of course first round bust Dee Ford comes up small trying to replace Houston.

DaneMcCloud
01-24-2016, 11:38 PM
we win

You're a 49ers fan.

Fuck you and fuck off.

jspchief
01-24-2016, 11:38 PM
Learn? Reid and Sutton have been coaching in the NFL for how long? If they haven't learned it by now...

The truth is, Reid is just a different flavor of Marty. We'll get to see above .500 football. Be in the talk for playoffs yearly. And barring a bizarre series of events, will never be a favorite to win the Superbowl.

If Andy Reid was a 401k, he'd be all low risk allocations. Sure, you'll get a guaranteed positive return. You won't lose everything. But you'll never get over on Wallstreet either.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-24-2016, 11:39 PM
You're a 49ers fan.

Fuck you and fuck off.

Creepy lot they are

Chief Northman
01-24-2016, 11:43 PM
It isn't getting mentioned enough the reason Houston barely played against New England.

Everyone knows that reasoning was bullshit. He wasn't fully healthy. Healthy enough to probably not sustain further/injury damage to the knee, but not healed enough with regards to strength, mobility and explosion. Hali playing with one hand didnt ****ing help either. The team ran out of steam and came out flat at the worst possible time. Coaches did not have a great gameplan to compensate, but who would? (Maclin out too...)

OldSchool
01-24-2016, 11:45 PM
You are wrong

How did the team do with Houston in the lineup vs when he wasn't in there this season?

Lost 5 games with him in there making his "impact".:rolleyes:

The evidence shows that we clearly would have won against the Patriots if Houston was healthy and played.ROFL

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-24-2016, 11:47 PM
I would love the people who hated on me for criticizing the Houston contract to please show their faces.

San Diego clearly let Houston get 4 sacks on Rivers well knowing if he got the season sack record he'd be allowed to gouge our salary cap.

And it worked.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-24-2016, 11:47 PM
An average Denver team(and the second best team in the west) with a pop gun offense just won the AFC. Think about how sad that is for the conference.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-24-2016, 11:48 PM
How did the team do with Houston in the lineup vs when he wasn't in there this season?

Lost 5 games with him in there making his "impact".:rolleyes:

The evidence shows that we clearly would have won against the Patriots if Houston was healthy and played.ROFL

Sutton was able to phase JJ watt out of the equation. BB would have done the same to Houston. Mauga and Derrick Johnson were useless in a game where BB didn't even want to run the ball.

More reason we need to draft speedy inside linebackers.

ThaVirus
01-24-2016, 11:50 PM
How did we perform last season with DJ missing 15 1/2 games? Pretty fucking well, but anyone who's watched a game this season can see his impact.

The defense is the strength of our team and Houston is the best player on said defense. It's obvious that having him is a net positive. It's obvious if you'd actually watch a fucking game.

He got hurt, as did Hali. We're Chiefs fans (not you). This is just how shit goes for us.

Chief Northman
01-24-2016, 11:55 PM
I would love the people who hated on me for criticizing the Houston contract to please show their faces.

San Diego clearly let Houston get 4 sacks on Rivers well knowing if he got the season sack record he'd be allowed to gouge our salary cap.

And it worked.

Tin foil hat for you sir.

Because I'm sure the Chargers just told Rivers, "Phil, we need you to take a few on the chin here. It might shorten your career a bit and it might render your cock useless so you cannot have child number nine or whatever, but the team needs you! - and we want to fuck over KC's cap situation by letting Houston rape you repeatedly. C'mon son, be a team player!"

Fuck off with your shit. Hate the Houston deal all you wan't, but put away the crackpot theories.....

Chief Northman
01-24-2016, 11:57 PM
An average Denver team(and the second best team in the west) with a pop gun offense just won the AFC. Think about how sad that is for the conference.

Hoo boy, that defense is not average.....

DaneMcCloud
01-25-2016, 12:14 AM

And it worked.

I hope you're banned again, Blackbob.

Fuck off.

LoneWolf
01-25-2016, 12:15 AM

And it worked.

I would love for you to get sodomized by an eight dicked gorilla.

GloryDayz
01-25-2016, 07:43 AM
I wonder how much of it is just being too conservative. Like we're over-compensating the threat of a deep bomb.

I think that's most of it. To them a death by a 1,000 cuts seems better than being blown-up.

That being said, perhaps they see the opportunity for an INT in those 1,000 cuts. Which was try in the Pats game, we just failed to hold-on to some that might have really changed the game.

And a D-line that was anything but 100% didn't help at all.

B_Ambuehl
01-25-2016, 10:24 AM
The chiefs problem is they play too much man and don't mix up coverages. Against an above average QB with some semblance of protection that's a death wish. Note how the chiefs got raped by Rodgers earlier in the year. Last week wasn't much different. Wade Phillips IMO called his best game ever yesterday. I've followed Wade for years, ever since he was in san diego, and although he always has above average defenses he has had major tendencies to be a "boom or bust" defense which pounds weaker teams and struggles majorly against better QBs, due to him blitzing EVERY snap and playing man every snap. In Dallas Wade routinely got pounded by Eli Manning. In Houston Brady put 40+ on Wade nearly every time they played. Yesterday Wade called a flawless game mixing in everything under the sun. Great game plan.

TEX
01-25-2016, 10:38 AM

And it worked.

I'll give you that attendance is part of the grade when discussing Justin Houston and his contract. 2 out of the past 3 seasons he wasn't able to go down the stretch, and /or be at his best, when the Chiefs needed him most - and it really hurt. You can't tell how it's going to turn out with players when you sign them to BIG $$$. BUT, signing YOUNG All Pros to big contracts does show that you're trying to keep talent and build around it. If you don't do that with a player of Houston's caliber, it sends the WRONG message to the fan base and team.

People who share your opinion are always going to bitch about rewarding a player a huge contract, but I'd rather listen to it while trying rather than while not trying. Just my opinion...

KCChiefsFan88
01-25-2016, 10:51 AM

And it worked.

Or let's recognize the fact that Dee Ford is a bust.

He was drafted to avoid the situation that happened in 2013 when the Chiefs had zero pass rush after Houston/Hali went down with injuries.

In a similar situation in the Patriots playoff game... both Houston/Hali injured, it should have been Dee Ford's chance to step up but he failed miserably.

Dee Ford has only looked like a legit NFL player thus far against the likes of San Diego and Cleveland.

Trivers
01-25-2016, 11:13 AM

And it worked.

:rolleyes: ROFL

mdchiefsfan
01-25-2016, 11:16 AM

And it worked.

So... much... fail! :facepalm:

Baby Lee
01-25-2016, 11:47 AM
Or let's recognize the fact that Dee Ford is a bust.

He was drafted to avoid the situation that happened in 2013 when the Chiefs had zero pass rush after Houston/Hali went down with injuries.

In a similar situation in the Patriots playoff game... both Houston/Hali injured, it should have been Dee Ford's chance to step up but he failed miserably.

Dee Ford has only looked like a legit NFL player thus far against the likes of San Diego and Cleveland.

The failure in NE was a coverage failure, not a pass rush failure. We could have had Vonn Miller, DT, Houston and JJ Watt rushing Brady and it wouldn't have made a difference with the 2ndary giving 10 yard cushions and Brady releasing in .002 sec.

Manning did the same to us forever regardless of personnel back when he was able to read and deliver without losing an arm.

KCChiefsFan88
01-25-2016, 02:29 PM
The failure in NE was a coverage failure, not a pass rush failure. We could have had Vonn Miller, DT, Houston and JJ Watt rushing Brady and it wouldn't have made a difference with the 2ndary giving 10 yard cushions and Brady releasing in .002 sec.

Manning did the same to us forever regardless of personnel back when he was able to read and deliver without losing an arm.

The soft coverage was an issue, but the pass rush difference between KC and Denver vs. New England was glaring.

Ware and Von Miller beat New England's tackles consistently and they did in about that same .002 second speed.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-25-2016, 02:32 PM
How did we perform last season with DJ missing 15 1/2 games? Pretty ****ing well, but anyone who's watched a game this season can see his impact.

The defense is the strength of our team and Houston is the best player on said defense. It's obvious that having him is a net positive. It's obvious if you'd actually watch a ****ing game.

He got hurt, as did Hali. We're Chiefs fans (not you). This is just how shit goes for us.

You give Houston way too much credit for the success of our defense. It's not like we had a substantial drop off in performance that we felt that 18 million of our money wasn't on the field. Denver has both ware and miller out there for less than what we pay for Houston.

The people on this forum that think you can just perpetually hang on to all Vets on high paying contracts and fail to see that you have to develop talent thru the draft have little understanding of the salary cap.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-25-2016, 02:33 PM

Did you watch the game yesterday? Brady was running for his life despite Denver only bringing 4-5 players most of the time. He pretty much got hit more times than in any game of his career.

ThaVirus
01-25-2016, 03:13 PM
The people on this forum that think you can just perpetually hang on to all Vets on high paying contracts and fail to see that you have to develop talent thru the draft have little understanding of the salary cap.

You'd have us jettison any blue-chip talent because they cost too much.

Houston is the absolute pinnacle of the draft and develop approach. We could have let him go and watched our pass rush suffer for years potentially.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-25-2016, 03:27 PM
You'd have us jettison any blue-chip talent because they cost too much.

Houston is the absolute pinnacle of the draft and develop approach. We could have let him go and watched our pass rush suffer for years potentially.

You forget that had another team signed Houston after we tagged him it would have rewarded us two 1st round picks in addition to saving $17 mil. We found Houston and Howard as third round picks.

Just think about that for a minute..

Mr. Laz
01-25-2016, 03:42 PM

And it worked.

dude ... no team is letting somebody get sacks.

jumping that shark

Was it too much to pay a OLB, yea ... but let's not get nuts about it.

ThaVirus
01-25-2016, 03:58 PM
You forget that had another team signed Houston after we tagged him it would have rewarded us two 1st round picks in addition to saving $17 mil. We found Houston and Howard as third round picks.

Has that ever happened?

Mr. Laz
01-25-2016, 03:59 PM
Has that ever happened?

Joey Galloway

I think a couple of other times too.

OctoberFart
01-25-2016, 06:05 PM
How did you guys get zero pressure on Brady?

New World Order
01-25-2016, 06:06 PM

What would you spend hte money on?

More weapons for Alex Smith to put up 14 points? LMAO

stevieray
01-25-2016, 06:10 PM
How did you guys get zero pressure on Brady?didn't disrupt WR's and gave up first read. ball out in 2 sec.

dannybcaitlyn
01-25-2016, 06:18 PM

Sutton

B2chiefsfan
01-25-2016, 06:23 PM
Sutton
Enough said..

milkman
01-25-2016, 09:34 PM
Did you watch the game yesterday? Brady was running for his life despite Denver only bringing 4-5 players most of the time. He pretty much got hit more times than in any game of his career.

Brady had to consistently hold the ball for 3 seconds or more against the Broncos because Wade Phillips had his secondary lining up tight and hitting Edelman, Amedola, and Gronk at the snap.

TEX
01-26-2016, 10:02 AM
Brady had to consistently hold the ball for 3 seconds or more against the Broncos because Wade Phillips had his secondary lining up tight and hitting Edelman, Amedola, and Gronk at the snap.

Yep. That's exactly what happened. That extra second or two made a BIG difference in pressure. Cant tell you how many times Brady wasn't able to go to his first read, then it was like, "Oh SHIT!" Conversely, against KC that never happened because his Brady's 1st read was wide open. In fact, at half time the announcers said that if New England couldn't run the ball, they would be in trouble because KC would adjust - but Sutton never did.

KCChiefsFan88
01-26-2016, 10:30 AM

Have you been fitted yet for your San Diego Raiders bra?

OctoberFart
01-26-2016, 01:21 PM
didn't disrupt WR's and gave up first read. ball out in 2 sec.

Terrible game plan. Brady is mediocre on deep throws. Make him beat you on those. Wade Phillips called a hell of a game though.

DaneMcCloud
01-27-2016, 10:54 AM

Even Sam Mellinger thinks you're a fucking worthless dumbass:

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/sam-mellinger/article56619338.html

Justin Houston is one of the best defensive players in football, and anyone who says his absence made no difference is a crazy person who should not be listened to.

Fucking moron.