PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Proud of the Chiefs today

TLO
01-16-2016, 06:58 PM
It's truly a shame that this team was so ravaged by injuries. A lot of missed opportunities, but I'm still proud of the Chiefs today.

Good season, men. Time to take the next step in 2016.

PA Chiefs
01-16-2016, 07:16 PM
A
The fact they didn't have Maclin and Charles on offense and Houston on defense and still kept it somewhat close is great. But not taking advantage of the opportunities that we had today is what makes this a hard loss to take.

ChiefRocka
01-16-2016, 07:18 PM
Never gave up. Season or game....means something.

FloridaMan88
01-16-2016, 07:20 PM
Crediting a team of highly paid professionals for "not giving up".

Give them a participation trophy.

Ragged Robin
01-16-2016, 07:20 PM
Yep. Hell of a season that NO ONE here expected to go this far. Damn shame today because it felt like maybe the stars were aligned but shit happens. You don't get to see an 11 win streak very often (or a playoff win).

carcosa
01-16-2016, 07:21 PM
They certainly kept fighting, but they really should have considered sucking less.

temper11
01-16-2016, 07:22 PM
It's truly a shame that this team was so ravaged by injuries. A lot of missed opportunities, but I'm still proud of the Chiefs today.

This. Would be nice if all of CP could see the truth in this and not completely melt down, but I doubt that will happen.

Great season KC! Next year looks bright.

Red Dawg
01-16-2016, 07:25 PM
Alex is still the QB next year so I am not sure how the future is bright.

scho63
01-16-2016, 07:34 PM

We were NOT ravaged by injuries. We had some key players banged up but ask the Ravens or Chargers or Cowboys or some other teams about injuries.

Every NFL team has them but we were not as affected as most teams. Not an excuse this time.

Warrior5
01-16-2016, 08:08 PM
This. Would be nice if all of CP could see the truth in this and not completely melt down, but I doubt that will happen.

Great season KC! Next year looks bright.

I think we're in good cap shape too.

notorious
01-16-2016, 08:10 PM
The kind of fight they displayed in this game will pay dividends in a big game down the road.

Ragged Robin
01-16-2016, 08:11 PM
We were NOT ravaged by injuries. We had some key players banged up but ask the Ravens or Chargers or Cowboys or some other teams about injuries.

Every NFL team has them but we were not as affected as most teams. Not an excuse this time.

No best RB
No second best RB
No best WR
No best C
No best RG
No best pass rusher
No second best pass rusher
No third best corner

I would ask the Ravens, Chargers or Cowboys but they didn't even make the playoffs. Roster depth can only go so far and today it finally caught up on the scoreboard.

staylor26
01-16-2016, 08:12 PM

Lol wut?

MahiMike
01-16-2016, 08:13 PM
Party on Wayne!

And for the record, my wife's cooter don't stink. That thread pointed to a link of some guy I was making fun of. Confusing I know.

My wife's cooter smells like roses.

notorious
01-16-2016, 08:14 PM
Party on Wayne!

And for the record, my wife's cooter don't stink. That thread pointed to a link of some guy I was making fun of. Confusing I know.

I agree.

Wait, what?!

seclark
01-16-2016, 08:23 PM
Party on Wayne!

ROFL
whatever...something reeks.
sec

mdchiefsfan
01-16-2016, 08:30 PM

Give them a participation trophy.

No wonder you have your rep turned off, when you spew garbage like this.

BigOlChiefsfan
01-16-2016, 08:31 PM
Good season, gents. Come back and whup 'em next year.

kaplin42
01-16-2016, 08:42 PM

This is like giving every kid on the losing little league team a trophy because they participated.

I'm not proud of the team today, they got outplayed, out coached and most importantly outscored by a team that was very, very beatable.

****ing "I'm proud of the team today......" Eat a dick.

Lonewolf Ed
01-16-2016, 08:47 PM
I proud of them, too, for exceeding expectations when the season looked doomed, for finally breaking The Curse, and for not getting embarrassed in NE. They did some stupid stuff there, but at least it was not a stab in the gut this time like 2 years ago and the other playoff losses.

Next season, however, the bar must be raised! Onward, Chiefs.

Chiefshrink
01-16-2016, 08:50 PM

Playoffs are far different than the season my friend. When it's the playoffs all on hands on board and they better be healthy hands at that if you are going to be successful especially if you are the Chiefs going into Foxborough.

2bikemike
01-16-2016, 08:51 PM
I had pretty much written off this season after watching Cutler hit Forte for the go ahead TD way back when.

For them to battle through to the Divisional round was amazing. I really enjoyed the season. Yes they came up short, and missed a lot of opportunities, against arguably the best team in the AFC if not the NFL. This will be the 5th consecutive AFC Championship I think and the 10th time in Brady's career.

As much as I hate the Pats they have been pretty dominate over the past decade. They just seem to keep collecting play makers.

What makes this loss so difficult is we all saw the missed opportunities to knock them down a peg or 2.

IL Chief
01-16-2016, 08:51 PM
Guys,
To win that game we needed a break. Instead of a break we had a fumble that changed the entire second half. This team played hard but we need a bounce every now and then and we didn't get it tonight. Keep your heads up.

TLO
01-16-2016, 09:27 PM
Party on Wayne!

Likely story.

DaneMcCloud
01-16-2016, 09:30 PM
Only losers are proud of losers

Down4Chiefs
01-16-2016, 09:35 PM
Your a brave man,its not easy being so rational so soon. Give me about a week and I'll be right there with you. Maclin has been the big difference this season and tonight we needed him desperately in the red zone. I'm excited to see what Jamal Charles and Maclin on the field looks like,now that Maclin and SMith seem to click.

I know once the disappointment wears off I'll come to realize this loss doesn't hurt as bad when we handed that playoff win to the Colts.

BigRedChief
01-16-2016, 09:40 PM

Give them a participation trophy.https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/12509701_10205553649540496_5017760954236979672_n.jpg?oh=3b854a5b541feac3ac9f7fc79bacbb72&oe=573E5346

Brock
01-16-2016, 09:56 PM
Happy with how the season went overall. The offense isn't good enough though.

petegz28
01-16-2016, 10:08 PM
Happy with how the season went overall. The offense isn't good enough though.

If we had a healthy Maclin we are better
If we had a healthy Maclin and JC we probably rape

Sandy Vagina
01-16-2016, 10:13 PM

If we had Houston and Hali healthy..
If we had Bob Sutton healthy...

TLO
01-16-2016, 10:14 PM
If we had Houston and Hali healthy..
If we had Bob Sutton healthy...

If we had Spencer Ware healthy, Knile Davis never has the chance to fumble.

Brock
01-16-2016, 10:22 PM

The offense has not been good enough the second half of the season. This didn't just start today.

HonestChieffan
01-16-2016, 11:06 PM
The offense has not been good enough the second half of the season. This didn't just start today.

They lost how many games in the second half of the season? Stupid post.

Brock
01-16-2016, 11:10 PM
They lost how many games in the second half of the season? Stupid post.

Relying on the defense doesn't work in games like today. Tendencies that started showing up weeks ago cost them. Like I said, this season was way better than I thought it would be, but there needs to be some pretty marked improvement in offensive production. To put that in terms you'll understand, that means they need to score more.

threebag
01-16-2016, 11:13 PM
Knile Davis with a Fumble In the 3rd Quarter
http://www.museumofplay.org/online-collections/images/Z003/Z00397/Z0039707.jpg

Pasta Little Brioni
01-16-2016, 11:40 PM
Except for Justin Houston...what the fuck happened????

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-16-2016, 11:42 PM
**** Knile Davis. Wilson's effort was PATHETIC.

Smith is a great commander in chief, get him a #2 receiver

Strongside
01-16-2016, 11:44 PM
Davis, Houston, and Sean Smith. Fuck all three of those dudes today.

Contribute or get the fuck outta the way.

hitchief
01-17-2016, 12:06 AM
**** Knile Davis. Wilson's effort was PATHETIC.

Smith is a great commander in chief, get him a #2 receiver

Man, where did Wilson learn to play football? Dude never leaps, or high points the ball. And that play where Alex scrambles and tosses the ball down the sideline in the 4th and what does Wilson do? he goes to the ground without being touched to what? low point the ball at the turf? The dam db's looked more like a wr than he did! Its a perfect example of people asking Alex to give his wr's a chance and he gave that effort????

nceagle_11
01-17-2016, 04:56 AM
Relying on the defense doesn't work in games like today. Tendencies that started showing up weeks ago cost them. Like I said, this season was way better than I thought it would be, but there needs to be some pretty marked improvement in offensive production. To put that in terms you'll understand, that means they need to score more.

Actually....in the playoffs, relying on the defense usually does work. The defense just wasn't able to get a crucial stop or turnover today. A game is won by one of the two sides. In this one, the defense was ok, but not great. Trent Dilfer will look at his Super Bowl ring and ask you again if it's on the offense. This team built their record on the defense, and they couldn't come up with the same type of stop today.

nceagle_11
01-17-2016, 04:58 AM
This is like giving every kid on the losing little league team a trophy because they participated.

I'm not proud of the team today, they got outplayed, out coached and most importantly outscored by a team that was very, very beatable.

****ing "I'm proud of the team today......" Eat a dick.

Up yours and your "eat a dick" approach. At 1-5, this team was dead in the water, and I guarantee, that you would have given your left nut to say we'd win in the playoffs but lose by one score to the NFL darling Patriots. If you aren't proud of this team, find another team.

ChiefGator
01-17-2016, 05:40 AM
Man, where did Wilson learn to play football? Dude never leaps, or high points the ball. And that play where Alex scrambles and tosses the ball down the sideline in the 4th and what does Wilson do? he goes to the ground without being touched to what? low point the ball at the turf? The dam db's looked more like a wr than he did! Its a perfect example of people asking Alex to give his wr's a chance and he gave that effort????

This was concerning to me, but I assume he lost balance. That shouldn't have been an interception, if he had come back for, or even just played, the ball.

No breaks for us is exactly right.. three potential interceptions not caught, several penalties missed by the refs, etc..

On a side note, I think the targeting penalty and subsequent ejection should be brought up to the pros. That hit on the punt return was just a very, very cheap shot.

ChiefGator
01-17-2016, 05:42 AM
Turned out to be a very good season, and a massive step forward for the Chiefs after looking like it would be a dismal season. Was alot of fun to watch!

Just because we were outplayed in the last game of the season doesn't take that away from us.

Looking forward to what Dorsey can do over the offseason and it will be interesting to see who we retain from free agency.

Coochie liquor
01-17-2016, 06:56 AM
Party on Wayne!

Son you're saying she read that thread??

Beaglebay
01-17-2016, 07:16 AM
You should be proud of your team.

Thanks for a decent game. Good Luck next season.

Marcellus
01-17-2016, 08:35 AM
If prior to the season we had been told we were going to lose to NE in the 2nd round of the playoffs in a pretty close game after winning a WC game on the road, I think most would be happy and see it as continuing a move in the right direction.

Add in the injuries etc....It always sucks to lose but big picture it was a good season.

3 winning season in a row, playoffs 2x and a playoff win. Still a very young team.

Future looks bright.